4. Bookmark ISO #4
    Thread Analyst UN Secretary-General's Avatar
    Timezone
    UTC±00:00
    Community
    United Nations
    How to Play (Using the Forum Software)
    New to Mafia Universe?

Learn how to Vote, how to utilize the countless forum tools, and more, by viewing the official Visual Guide, below.

While Mafia Universe runs on vBulletin, we have many custom-made features that you may not have seen anywhere else. Read this guide to learn about them.

The animated images are set to load on click to lessen the load on mobile users.

How do I vote for a player? (Vote // Reply With Vote)

To vote for a player, click the Checked Box icon located in the Post Reply toolbar. A dropdown list of all live players will appear. Select a username to be automatically placed within the Vote BBCode ([V]USERNAME[/V]). When you vote for a new player, the old vote will be automatically removed to make room.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/nkmX4ov.gif
    Click to load this image

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/UNJ2vU2.gif
    Click to load this image

How do I unvote / remove a vote from a player? (Unvote)

To manually unvote and set yourself as Not voting, click the Unchecked Box icon located in the Post Reply toolbar. The username currently being voted for will automatically be placed within the Unvote BBCode ([UNV]USERNAME[/UNV]). The username is optional.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/cqBeZGf.gif
    Click to load this image

What is Vote History? // How do I view all votes cast throughout the game? (Vote History)

Vote History is an ordered list of all votes cast in the game. To view all votes cast throughout the game, click Vote History located in the Game Tools navbar, or below a vote count post. The Vote History page contains instructions on how to filter votes cast.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/oQ1U4JI.gif
    Click to load this image

How do I request a vote count? // How do I view the current votes cast? (Post Votecount)

To generate a current Votecount in-thread, click Post Votecount located in the Game Tools navbar at the top and bottom of the thread.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/7KzsQXW.gif
    Click to load this image

How do I submit a Night Action in an automated game? (Automated Games)

In automated games, you may submit your actions by scrolling to the bottom of the thread and selecting your target(s) from a dropdown list using the Night Action Form for the each action. When you have selected a target, press Submit, and your current target will be changed to the player you selected. Note: Some actions process instantly and cannot be edited, such as Day Kills.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/fusXh6j.gif
    Click to load this image

What is the Thread Summary? // How do I find important game events? // Can I view all Phase updates in one location? (Thread Summary)

The Thread Summary is a list of important events, such as Start and End of Phase, within the thread. Most games will generate them automatically, but hosts, moderators and thread creators can add them for their own events. To view a list of all significant events throughout the game, click Thread Summary located in the Game Tools navbar. A dropdown of all events deemed significant by the Host, including each Phase Update, will be listed.

Alternatively, check the OP and other reserved posts at the beginning of the thread. The [SUMMARY][/SUMMARY] BBCode automatically inserts the thread summary into the post wherever it appears.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/EhHSyl6.gif
    Click to load this image

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/rAEpW1z.gif
    Click to load this image

What is an ISO? // How do I search a single player's posts? (ISO)

An ISO is a search that contains all of one user's posts in that thread. To search for a single player's posts in the thread, click ISO ( short for Isolate) located at the top right of any one of their posts.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/eNDvDMB.gif
    Click to load this image

What is Multi-ISO? // How can I search by more than one user? (Multi-ISO)

A Multi-ISO is a search that contains all posts by multiple users within the thread. It can also be used as a convenient way to ISO a player without finding one of their posts too click the ISO button on. To search posts by one or more users at a time, click Multi-ISO located in the Game Tools navbar at the top of the thread. Then, select one or more usernames and click Submit.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/VuOv8Rm.gif
    Click to load this image

What are Bookmarks? // How do I save a post so I can easily access it later? (Bookmarking)

Bookmarks are color-coded notes you can attach to each post for later use. Only you can see your Bookmarks. To save an important post, click Bookmark located at the top right of any single post. Select a color that appears to the right of said post, and enter a note. To remove a saved post, click Un-Bookmark located at the top right of any Bookmarked post.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/OoDuwuM.gif
    Click to load this image

To view all Bookmarks in the thread, click Bookmarks in the Game Tools navbar at the top of the thread.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/uyoJyNB.gif
    Click to load this image

To view all Bookmarks created in all threads, click My Bookmarks located in the Features menu at the top of the page.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/QBhqDUc.gif
    Click to load this image

How do I view all players currently alive? (Living Players List)

To view (and Insert) a list of all players currently alive, click the Crowd icon located in the Post Reply toolbar. A dropdown list of all live players will appear.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/AM2TEez.gif
    Click to load this image

How do I link a specific post in the thread? (POSTNUM)

To link to a specific post without copying the link itself, click the Arrow icon located in the Post Reply toolbar and place the specific post's # within the [POSTNUM] BBCode tags.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/swNxcqd.gif
    Click to load this image

How do I jump between Game Threads (Graveyard / Mafia / Mason / ...) without opening PMs? (Game Threads)

To visit any Game-related threads you have access to, open the Game Threads dropdown in the navbar above any Game-related thread. Every thread will become accessible in the post-game.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/JEG88HG.gif
    Click to load this image
    Last edited by UN Secretary-General; September 3rd, 2017 at 09:04 PM.

5. Bookmark ISO #5
    Timezone
    Community
    United Nations
    Game-Specific Information

Character Claiming & Role Claiming

You may claim your Role and/or your Character, it is not a Modkillable offense.

You may NOT quote your Role PM, as per the Rules. General paraphrasing is fine. Do not discuss the flavour of your country role pm

In-Thread Attacks

"In-Thread Attack" Periods will last at least one hour each, and there may or may not be at least one or more ITA Period each day -- for more information, see the respective Start of Day post.

During these Periods, everyone will be able to "shoot" at each other. Each shot will have a certain Base % chance of hitting and killing the target. Roles, Actions, and Event Prizes that impact this Base % may or may not exist in this game.

At the beginning of each In-Thread Attack Period, Mafia Host will explain to you how to shoot another player.

Every player will be allowed ONE shot per Day Phase starting Day 2 (i.e. not one shot per Period).

Order of Operations (OoO)

The Order of Operations we will be using when processing Night Actions is as follows:

First
    Hiding/Commuting
    Strongman Killing
    Absorbing
    Bus Driving
    Redirecting/Blocking/Jailkeeping
    Randomizing
    Protecting
    Miscellaneous
    Killing
    Investigating/Tracking/Watching
    Last

This does not necessarily mean that the setup features roles from all levels of this order.

Also, note that any teams/factions (such as the mafia) do NOT assign their Factional Night Kill to a single player and therefore cannot be interfered with in any capacity.

If this game features powers that may prevent players from receiving a result or feedback message from the Host that they would otherwise receive under normal circumstances, these players will be informed [No Result] in those exact words.

n0 Actions may or may not exist.

Win Conditions

The Town Wincon is: "The Town wins when they have eliminated all threats to the Town."

The Mafia Wincon is: "The Mafia win when they cannot be mechanically prevented from eliminating all threats to the Mafia."

Other Wincons may or may not exist.

6. Bookmark ISO #6
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    Town of Salem Forums

7. Bookmark ISO #7
    Timezone
    Community
    United Nations
    The Above post will be punished and may god have mercy on your soul for thinking this was okay. If its not obvious you're not allowed to post in the thread before the game has started.

IT IS STILL NIGHT

8. Bookmark ISO #8
    Timezone
    Community
    United Nations
    All Role PMs should be out. I apologize for the delay. The task of "editing out in spelling mistakes Banks made" turned out to be a monumental challenge.

IF YOU DID NOT RECEIVE A ROLE PM PLEASE PM THIS MODERATOR ACCOUNT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!

IT IS STILL NIGHT

9. Bookmark ISO #9
    Timezone
    Community
    United Nations
    What is my Capital? rules »
    What is my Capital? Events

We will be hosting a multitude of events throughout the game days starting on day 1.

The most common events will be called "What is my Capital?" Events. There will simply be a mod message with the "What is My Capital" Title. Below that will be a picture of a country, the name of a country, the flag of a country, a picture of the president of the country etc. One of these types of things unique to one country. There will be no need to "in" these events simply win the event by being the first person to answer the capital city of the country in the thread. Should a country have multiple capitals or a disputed capital simply replying with any of the possible answers will count.

Once a correct answer has been posted in the thread the mods will quote the first post with the correct answer and announce that they have one and then PM the winner the prize they have earned. It is up to the winner whether or not they want to disclose a prize. You can win multiple "What is My Capital" Events throughout each day. Should you have a chat available to you outside of the game thread you are more than welcome to continue chatting during the "What is My Capital" Event.

Other events will take place throughout the day on top of these events and will be explained at the time of the event being posted. As a general rule once you receive your event prize you are welcome to begin discussing it with whomever you want. How wise this is entirely up to the prize winner.

10. Bookmark ISO #10
    Timezone
    Community
    United Nations
    As a reminder

Start of Day: 8:00am Eastern
    End of Day: 8:00pm Eastern
    Posting Requirement: 10 posts per day those under the mark are subject to wrath of the mod. If you know you won't be available for a game day please inform a mod ahead of time so we can do our best to accommodate this.

Who do I PM?: All PMs should be sent to this account. UN Secretary-General. PMs sent to Wiggles or TehBankertin's account will be ignored.

Night Actions Deadline: 7:00am Eastern unless otherwise stated. This gives us 1 hour for processing.

PLEASE DO NOT DO ANYTHING THAT WILL CAUSE ME TO HAVE TO MOD KILL YOU!!!!

11. Bookmark ISO #11
    Timezone
    Community
    United Nations
    Night 0

Shhhh the mods are sleeping now. See you guys and gals for day start!
    Last edited by UN Secretary-General; September 4th, 2017 at 02:43 AM.

12. Bookmark ISO #12
    Timezone
    Community
    United Nations
    Night 0 flavour

Welcome to the annual United Nations Conference of country representatives, I am your Secretary-General and I will be in charge for the duration. We encourage you all to enjoy your stay and take full benefit of the hotel's amenities. We have been hearing some rumours that certain countries are hoping our nations are a bit more ununited as of late. Hopefully nobody here is hoping for that, and we hope you aren't conspiring! I will allow you all to discuss what you want shortly, if there is any rabble rousing, we may have to ask some members to leave the conference, each day the most unwanted member of our conference will be asked to leave, this is of course only a conference for those who are welcome.

We seem to have misplaced our name tags displaying everyone's country so you'll have to introduce yourself, or not. It's up to you really!
    Last edited by UN Secretary-General; September 4th, 2017 at 07:46 AM.

13. Bookmark ISO #13
    Timezone
    Community
    United Nations
    Do not post until it is announced that it is day.

14. Bookmark ISO #14
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    Corruption in the United Nations Mash Twilight 1 Start

Twilight 1 has begun.

Twilight 1 ends at 8:00 AM EDT on Monday, September 4th, 2017. There are 1504526460000 remaining.

15. Bookmark ISO #15
    Timezone
    Community
    Mafia Universe

16. Bookmark ISO #16
    Timezone
    Community
    United Nations
    « Day 1 Start »
    It is day!

17. Bookmark ISO #17

18. Bookmark ISO #18
    Timezone
    Community
    Mafia Universe

19. Bookmark ISO #19
    Timezone
    Community
    5AF

I waited

20. Bookmark ISO #20
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    Corruption in the United Nations Mash Day 1 Votecount

Votes Target Voters (Posts in Phase)
    80 Not voting dyachei (0), RJ. (0), Empoof (0), Montecore (0), Stevedotdec (0), Zack (0), Poland (0), Babal (0), Jaleb (0), Slaan (0), moon (0), DaveDob (0), TunakShakur (0), Cruisette (0), mor_tilt (0), IAmRobik (0), Zork (0), BenjiAO (0), Riki (0), benneh (0), BATMAN (0), Adrian (0), Amrock (0), Fredwood (0), Adam (1), GGTeMpLaR (0), Boquise (0), Spartan057 (0), smilefires (0), Braddolf Pittler (0), Cron (0), npstr (0), Secondhand Revenant (0), PLZLEAVEDUCK (0), StrangeGuy (0), Monstrman (0), Mr. Smee (0), NotGonnaLie (0), Kane (0), Moonious (0), bstee (0), theknightsofneeee (0), The Sun Fan (0), Roman (0), inanity (0), Duk3star (0), therealzeus (0), Jan (0), VS21 (0), hardcoreUFO (0), Shad (0), Wesmaster160 (0), Limestone (0), Audi (0), Zarathustra (0), Panther (1), jepg (0), Margaery Tyrell (0), Champ (2), Shiro (0), Whiskeyjack (0), DethStalker (0), bopolis (0), Apoc (0), Aquilla (0), Tsaiah (0), beruru (0), SmartBomb (0), JohnCarter (0), Macemeetface (0), rtzW (0), Quick_Ben (0), Manasi (0), Bourne (0), A.J. two (0), gbsfranca (0), Five (0), Lissa (0), Jon Paul (0), Danny (0)

View Vote History

Day 1 ends at 8:00 PM EDT on Monday, September 4th, 2017. There are 1504569660000 remaining.

Requested by UN Secretary-General at 0 days, 11 hours, 59 minutes, 11 seconds remaining.

21. Bookmark ISO #21
    Hello strangers from the internet.

22. Bookmark ISO #22
    Timezone
    Community
    5AF

23. Bookmark ISO #23
    Timezone
    UTC+10:00
    Community
    Neoseeker
    AKA
    ownedbyasmartbomb
    ITT people can't read

24. Bookmark ISO #24
    Community
    DailyMafia

25. Bookmark ISO #25
    waiting for champ flip

26. Bookmark ISO #26
    Timezone

27. Bookmark ISO #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan057 (#26)
    Hmm interesting
    what is interesting exactly

28. Bookmark ISO #28

Lettuce ww

29. Bookmark ISO #29
    Timezone
    Community
    Neoseeker
    AKA
    ownedbyasmartbomb
    I am surviving on 4 hours sleep having built a robutt and my WIM is pretty low ngl

will still try to GOAT day 1

30. Bookmark ISO #30
    Timezone
    Community
    5AF
    I already got yelled at for being on my phone and letting my pancakes get cold. lolwomen bbiab

31. Bookmark ISO #31
    soul read apoc wolf tbh. won't take it seriously tho

32. Bookmark ISO #32
    Community
    lol thingy
    Champ?moar like chump

33. Bookmark ISO #33
    Timezone
    Community
    Mafia Universe

and I decided to simply my reads this game - at least for day 1 but possibly past that to: Not willing to vote for today / The rest.

Not willing to vote for today:
    BenjiAO
    Apoc

34. Bookmark ISO #34
    pancakes sound nice. are you a butter only person?

35. Bookmark ISO #35
    Timezone
    Community
    United Nations
    Quote Originally Posted by Champ (#15)
    FIRST
    I was a little slow but

36. Bookmark ISO #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smee (#32)
    Champ?moar like chump
    hiiii. hope your $#@! is getting back in order

37. Bookmark ISO #37
    Hmm interesting
    found one already guys

38. Bookmark ISO #38

39. Bookmark ISO #39
    Timezone
    Community
    Neoseeker
    AKA
    ownedbyasmartbomb
    apoc
    panther
    adam
    something
    something

40. Bookmark ISO #40
    Timezone
    Hmm interesting
    what is interesting exactly
    What's up Adam. We meet again.

'So many people' is interesting.

41. Bookmark ISO #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Champ (#33)
    oh and BenjiAO is my n0

and I decided to simply my reads this game - at least for day 1 but possibly past that to: Not willing to vote for today / The rest.

Not willing to vote for today:
    BenjiAO
    Apoc
    nerves showing in your first post is not a good luck

42. Bookmark ISO #42
    a good luck. do you get it?

43. Bookmark ISO #43
    Timezone
    Community
    Neoseeker
    AKA
    ownedbyasmartbomb
    Quote Originally Posted by rtzW (#37)
    Hmm interesting
    found one already guys
    question: who is rtz

legit do not know explain like I'm 5

44. Bookmark ISO #44
    Your queen is present

Bend the knee

45. Bookmark ISO #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoc (#38)
    Is reload broken or am i alone again?
    works fine for me

46. Bookmark ISO #46
    Timezone
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    Also I plan on applying a particular read to everyone's first couple of posts that I'm gonna keep to myself til everyone has posted but I'm excited about it so I have to tell you guys now

So glgl

47. Bookmark ISO #47
    Timezone
    Community
    Mafia Universe

48. Bookmark ISO #48
    Quote Originally Posted by SmartBomb (#43)
    Quote Originally Posted by rtzW (#37)
    Hmm interesting
    found one already guys
    question: who is rtz

legit do not know explain like I'm 5
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=who+is+rtz

49. Bookmark ISO #49
    Quote Originally Posted by UN Secretary-General (#35)
    Quote Originally Posted by Champ (#15)
    FIRST
    I was a little slow but
    Embargo his ass

I demand sanctions

50. Bookmark ISO #50

Ya i said it