Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy Monokuma's Avatar
    AKA
    Thingyman, bopolis & Aquilla

3. Bookmark ISO #3
    AKA
    VIP SPECTATOR LOUNGE

Every single room inside the academy is being monitored closely at all hours of the day by our expert crew. It's like Big Brother, except people backstab each other literally! Isn't that fun?

To join our VIP Spectator Lounge (the private forum Cemetery thread and/or Discord spectator server), just PM @Monokuma.

Last edited by Monokuma; October 15th, 2017 at 11:32 AM.

4. Bookmark ISO #4
    AKA
    By signing up for this game, you have agreed to all of the below.

THE #1 MOST IMPORTANT SCHOOL REGULATION

NEVER discuss this game with other players outside of this Game Thread (regardless of whether you are alive or dead), unless your Role PM gives you explicit permission to do so (i.e. if you are part of a non-town team or a masonry).

This means that you are NOT allowed to send someone even seemingly innocuous messages such as "Wow, this <insert player name> is pretty wacky, huh?", or "this Danganronpa game is pretty fun", or "I'm so busy right now, which is why I'm barely even posting in the game".

If another player references the game to you outside of the Game Thread, please PM the Host (@Monokuma) immediately.

THE #2 MOST IMPORTANT SCHOOL REGULATION

This is an anonymous game. This means you may not hint at or in any way attempt to divulge your true identity. Similarly, you should refrain from openly speculating on other players' identities. Doing any of these two things will lead to you being subbed out - or in worst case Modkilled if I find the situation particularly egregious and against the spirit of this game.

Fortunately you can only post in this thread on your alt account, so what you need to watch out for is posting on your alt account outside of this thread.

As per the pre-game vote, the Mafia team is allowed to divulge their identities to each other in their Mafia thread or on any off-site group/chat they decide to make. But I ask the team to please respect if certain members of the team may still wish to remain anonymous.

THE #3 MOST IMPORTANT SCHOOL REGULATION

Do not spoil the second or third game for the other players! Especially not the third game.

I have several players who only signed up because I promised them no spoilers, so please help me see this through. I'll be lenient on game 1 spoilers, since it was released a long time ago and all Danganronpa fans should already know everything about that game.

THE OTHER SCHOOL REGULATIONS

• Once again, only discuss the game in this thread. Do not PM other players, unless your Role PM allows this. Additionally, do not post anything about the game in other threads on this forum, or on other forums.
    • Do not share your Role PM. Sharing a screenshot of your Role PM is cheating, as would discussing the time stamp of your Role PM.
    • The minimum post requirement is five (5) posts per day phase.
    • When the Game Thread is open and the Host (@Monokuma) has announced "IT IS DAY" you may post, but no sooner.
    • Breadcrumbing is allowed. Secret codes requiring keys or anything resembling such is NOT allowed.
    • This is a game of lying. Players are expected to lie. No statement or promise a player makes within the game has any force outside the game. As an example, a bet offered in a game is not something you can collect if you win.
    • If we believe you to be bending the rules intentionally in a way that clearly goes against the spirit of the rules and the game, you will be Modkilled. Do not try to get fancy or angle-y with the rules, please.
    • Adding or changing your forum avatar mid-game in an attempt to hint at your Role is not allowed.
    • Hydra'ing or multi-accounting is not allowed. Do not share your account with anyone else.
    • Do not discuss substitutions, reports, or infractions.
    • Treat your fellow players with respect. Hostility WILL NOT be tolerated.

5. Bookmark ISO #5
    AKA
    PRO TIPS

Learn how to vote, how to utilize the countless forum tools, and more, by viewing the official Visual Guide, below.

If you do this, then you too can become flashy and cool like me!

While Mafia Universe runs on vBulletin, we have many custom-made features that you may not have seen anywhere else. Read this guide to learn about them.

The animated images are set to load on click to lessen the load on mobile users.

How do I vote for a player? (Vote // Reply With Vote)

To vote for a player, click the Checked Box icon located in the Post Reply toolbar. A dropdown list of all live players will appear. Select a username to be automatically placed within the Vote BBCode ([V]USERNAME[/V]). When you vote for a new player, the old vote will be automatically removed to make room.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/nkmX4ov.gif
    Click to load this image

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/UNJ2vU2.gif
    Click to load this image

How do I unvote / remove a vote from a player? (Unvote)

To manually unvote and set yourself as Not voting, click the Unchecked Box icon located in the Post Reply toolbar. The username currently being voted for will automatically be placed within the Unvote BBCode ([UNV]USERNAME[/UNV]). The username is optional.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/cqBeZGf.gif
    Click to load this image

What is Vote History? // How do I view all votes cast throughout the game? (Vote History)

Vote History is an ordered list of all votes cast in the game. To view all votes cast throughout the game, click Vote History located in the Game Tools navbar, or below a vote count post. The Vote History page contains instructions on how to filter votes cast.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/oQ1U4JI.gif
    Click to load this image

How do I request a vote count? // How do I view the current votes cast? (Post Votecount)

To generate a current Votecount in-thread, click Post Votecount located in the Game Tools navbar at the top and bottom of the thread.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/7KzsQXW.gif
    Click to load this image

How do I submit a Night Action in an automated game? (Automated Games)

In automated games, you may submit your actions by scrolling to the bottom of the thread and selecting your target(s) from a dropdown list using the Night Action Form for the each action. When you have selected a target, press Submit, and your current target will be changed to the player you selected. Note: Some actions process instantly and cannot be edited, such as Day Kills.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/fusXh6j.gif
    Click to load this image

What is the Thread Summary? // How do I find important game events? // Can I view all Phase updates in one location? (Thread Summary)

The Thread Summary is a list of important events, such as Start and End of Phase, within the thread. Most games will generate them automatically, but hosts, moderators and thread creators can add them for their own events. To view a list of all significant events throughout the game, click Thread Summary located in the Game Tools navbar. A dropdown of all events deemed significant by the Host, including each Phase Update, will be listed.

Alternatively, check the OP and other reserved posts at the beginning of the thread. The [SUMMARY][/SUMMARY] BBCode automatically inserts the thread summary into the post wherever it appears.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/EhHSyl6.gif
    Click to load this image

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/rAEpW1z.gif
    Click to load this image

What is an ISO? // How do I search a single player's posts? (ISO)

An ISO is a search that contains all of one user's posts in that thread. To search for a single player's posts in the thread, click ISO ( short for Isolate) located at the top right of any one of their posts.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/eNDvDMB.gif
    Click to load this image

What is Multi-ISO? // How can I search by more than one user? (Multi-ISO)

A Multi-ISO is a search that contains all posts by multiple users within the thread. It can also be used as a convenient way to ISO a player without finding one of their posts too click the ISO button on. To search posts by one or more users at a time, click Multi-ISO located in the Game Tools navbar at the top of the thread. Then, select one or more usernames and click Submit.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/VuOv8Rm.gif
    Click to load this image

What are Bookmarks? // How do I save a post so I can easily access it later? (Bookmarking)

Bookmarks are color-coded notes you can attach to each post for later use. Only you can see your Bookmarks. To save an important post, click Bookmark located at the top right of any single post. Select a color that appears to the right of said post, and enter a note. To remove a saved post, click Un-Bookmark located at the top right of any Bookmarked post.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/OoDuwuM.gif
    Click to load this image

To view all Bookmarks in the thread, click Bookmarks in the Game Tools navbar at the top of the thread.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/uyoJyNB.gif
    Click to load this image

To view all Bookmarks created in all threads, click My Bookmarks located in the Features menu at the top of the page.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/QBhqDUc.gif
    Click to load this image

How do I view all players currently alive? (Living Players List)

To view (and Insert) a list of all players currently alive, click the Crowd icon located in the Post Reply toolbar. A dropdown list of all live players will appear.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/AM2TEez.gif
    Click to load this image

How do I link a specific post in the thread? (POSTNUM)

To link to a specific post without copying the link itself, click the Arrow icon located in the Post Reply toolbar and place the specific post's # within the [POSTNUM] BBCode tags.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/swNxcqd.gif
    Click to load this image

How do I jump between Game Threads (Graveyard / Mafia / Mason / ...) without opening PMs? (Game Threads)

To visit any Game-related threads you have access to, open the Game Threads dropdown in the navbar above any Game-related thread. Every thread will become accessible in the post-game.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/JEG88HG.gif
    Click to load this image

6. Bookmark ISO #6
    AKA
    GAME-SPECIFIC INFORMATION

CHARACTERS, ROLES & ALIGNMENTS
    Characters are not in any way alignment indicative. I randomized the alignments and roles of all characters. A character that is evil in the Danganronpa universe is not any more likely to be evil here than any other character. Similarly, a character's talent doesn't make them any more likely to be a certain role than anyone else.

After randomizing which characters got which roles, I just simply made up a flavor-based explanation for why they got that specific role. Anything can be made to fit.

CLAIMING
    Obviously, all characters are already known. As for claiming your role, there ARE anti-claiming mechanisms in place. Claim at your own risk, because it may very well lead to your death.

You may NOT quote/post your role PM, as per the usual rules. General paraphrasing is fine.

SCHOOL SCHEDULE

Time of day Period Actions allowed
    8:00 AM-9:00 AM Breakfast No Events, ITA's, or Deaths
    9:00 AM-6:00 PM Free Time Events, ITA's, and Day Actions
    6:00 PM-8:00 PM Class Trial No Events, ITA's, or Deaths
    8:00-PM-8:00 AM Night Time Night Actions

IN-THREAD ATTACKS
    Starting Day 2 and ending at an unknown time in the future, there will each day be two so-called In-Thread Attack windows lasting 30 minutes each. During these windows, everyone will be able to "shoot" at each other. Each shot will have a certain % chance of hitting and killing the target.

At the beginning of each In-Thread Attack window Mafia Host will explain to you how to shoot another player.

Every player will be allowed ONE shot per day phase (i.e. not one shot per window).

MINIMUM POSTING REQUIREMENT
    You need to make a minimum of five (5) posts per day phase.

If you do not do this, I will attempt to sub you out before the following day phase has ended, unless you report back to me before that to inform me that you're sorry and that it won't happen again. If I am unable to locate a sub for you and your slot goes 2 consecutive days without meeting the minimum posting requirement, I reserve the right to modkill you.

EXAMPLE ROLE PM FOR VANILLA TOWNIE

EXAMPLE ROLE PM FOR POWER ROLE

ORDER OF OPERATIONS
    This is the order of operations for this game:

First
    Hiding/commuting
    Strongman killing
    Absorbing
    Bus driving
    Blocking/jailkeeping
    Redirecting
    Randomizing
    Protecting
    Miscellaneous
    Killing
    Investigating/tracking/watching
    Last

This does not necessarily mean that the setup features roles from all levels of this order.

MISC NOTES
    • Note that any teams/factions (such as the mafia) do NOT assign their nightly kill to a single player and the team kill can therefore not be blocked, tracked or watched, not even if there is only one player remaining on the team.
    • If the game features abilities that may prevent players from receiving some sort of result or feedback message from the host that they would otherwise receive under normal circumstances, these players will be informed "No result" in those exact words.
    • There are no n0 actions.
    • Players participating in events have immunity against day actions whilst playing in the event.
    • Thread will be locked during night.
    • Deadline Lynch, in the case of a tie the lynch will be randomized, No Lynch is an invalid vote.

WIN CONDITIONS
    There are no win conditions specified within the Role PMs.

The Town win condition is: "The Forces of Hope (Town) win when they have eliminated all threats to their side."

The Mafia win condition is: "The Forces of Despair (Mafia) win when they cannot be mechanically prevented from eliminating all threats to their side."

Other win conditions may or may not exist.
    Last edited by Thingyman; October 15th, 2017 at 08:20 PM.

7. Bookmark ISO #7
    AKA
    Prologue (Part 1) »
    PROLOGUE (PART 1)

Hope's Peak Academy.

The most exclusive academy in the world. A place for only the elite.

To enroll, one must already be attending high school, and must be the very best at what they do. The students do not apply to the school, instead the school recruits them. To be recruited to this school is to be guaranteed success in life.

Each student is given the title “Ultimate”, followed by their talent.

Excited to start your classes? Well, this year things will be a bit different.

What's this... The introduction video suddenly cut out?

Who's this strange figure?

A mysterious and unknown voice is heard:
    Aaaa--- Aaaa--- Mike test, mike test! This is an announcement! Can everyone hear me? Eh…

It's a... Bear? A robot teddy bear that speaks?

TO BE CONTINUED...
    Last edited by Monokuma; October 16th, 2017 at 07:58 AM.

8. Bookmark ISO #8
    AKA
    « Prologue (Part 2) »
    PROLOGUE (PART 2)

Hey there, howdy, hello! Is everyone here? Good! Then let's get things rolling.

I am... Monokuma! The headmaster of this school. I'm beary excited to meet you all!

Ooh... Can you feel it? The tension is already insane, and I've not even begun talking about how you're all gonna kill each other yet.

Oops! I revealed way too much too soon. This is not good pacing. Please bear with me.

Anyways, back on track, we must finish this before people start skipping over all this text!

First, let's talk a bit about how your school life here is gonna be like.

Now, ah - make no mistake - you students, you are all so full of potential. You're the world's hope.

To protect this hope, you will all live a communal life together solely within the confines of this school.

You will live in harmony together. Right here... To the end of your days. Completely cut off from the outside world.

So yeah, that should be it. That concludes the ceremony.

Oh, how embarrassing. I forgot the most important part. I can bearly remember the script, my bad. This isn't like me, I swear.

So, uh, yeah... I don't see why you would, but if you DID want to leave this place, all you have to do is - find the traitors!

Terrible people full of despair are hiding amongst you! Killers... Moles... Bieber fans. Just truly horrible people!

The rules are as follows: These despairing students will start to kill you off soon. I knooow, it's a bummer, but just play along.

'Cause good news is - you'll have a chance to fight back at the Class Trials. Here you vote for the people responsible - the blackened.

Get it right, you leave. Get it wrong, you die. It's a win win!

And now, let's start the purge... Happy Hunger Games - and may the Force be ever in your favor! That's 3 references for the prize of 1!

Good luck everyone. I know you're gonna absolutely kill it!

Puhuhuhu

LET THE ULTIMATE MUTUAL KILLING GAME BEGIN!

9. Bookmark ISO #9
    Rejoice, commoners, for today I show you just how much far above you I am.

10. Bookmark ISO #10

11. Bookmark ISO #11
    Ultimate Lucky Student Nagito Komaeda's Avatar
    Community
    Band of Second Chances
    AKA
    Zarathustra
    Hello

12. Bookmark ISO #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Byakuya Togami (#10)
    brother?

13. Bookmark ISO #13

“Listen up! The secret to winning mafia is a good appetite, a good night's sleep, and a good $#@!!”

14. Bookmark ISO #14
    I'm Byakuya Togami.

My lineage, intelligence, figure, athletic ability, mafia skills —they are all ultimate. Which is to say, I am the Ultimate Perfection. Feel free to begin calling me that, in fact.

15. Bookmark ISO #15
    AKA
    ***** EVENT *****

16. Bookmark ISO #16
    "Read My Signature"
    by Kotoko Utsugi

Knowledge is power
    Spray that knowledge
    Like a golden shower

17. Bookmark ISO #17

18. Bookmark ISO #18
    AKA
    « Achievement Unlocked: First! »
    ***** EVENT *****

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED!

First!

***** EVENT *****

19. Bookmark ISO #19
    Community
    Band of Second Chances
    AKA
    Zarathustra
    Apparently I'm very lucky so I'm just going to give you the list of people that ought to be killed and they all are going to be wolves.

But later.

20. Bookmark ISO #20

21. Bookmark ISO #21

22. Bookmark ISO #22

23. Bookmark ISO #23
    Shoot, went afk for day start. Forgot to get first.

24. Bookmark ISO #24
    The bond between a top-notch mafia player and their manager is one that cannot be severed!

Let us WW.

25. Bookmark ISO #25
    hello

i will not remember anybodys name at all this game

this will be terrible

26. Bookmark ISO #26
    Community
    Band of Second Chances
    AKA
    Zarathustra
    Quote Originally Posted by Byakuya Togami (#15)
    I'm Byakuya Togami.

My lineage, intelligence, figure, athletic ability, mafia skills —they are all ultimate. Which is to say, I am the Ultimate Perfection. Feel free to begin calling me that, in fact.
    Ultimate Perfection would at least make you stand out in this sea of aliases that all sound the same.

Btw, is that statement racist?

27. Bookmark ISO #27
    Well this is a thing.

28. Bookmark ISO #28
    I'm going to be so confused on reading people in this game. Why does everyone's avatar look the same?

29. Bookmark ISO #29
    "WIFOM"
    by Kotoko Utsugi

I am Kotoko.

Always a pleasure.
    Mashes have treasure.

Treasure is hidden.
    Hints have been given.
    Every sentence is driven.

Drivers have names.
    Others play games.
    Choices to make.
    Too tough to kill.
    Obstruction you guess.
    Regret, regret, regret.

30. Bookmark ISO #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Korekiyo Shinguji (#26)
    hello

this will be terrible
    I can't even remember my own name

31. Bookmark ISO #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Himuro Nico (#29)
    I'm going to be so confused on reading people in this game. Why does everyone's avatar look the same?
    Because Japan.

32. Bookmark ISO #32
    Peko Peko

1 name i will remember.

33. Bookmark ISO #33
    Because you're a racist

34. Bookmark ISO #34
    B-B-Baka!!!

35. Bookmark ISO #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu (#31)
    Quote Originally Posted by Korekiyo Shinguji (#26)
    hello

this will be terrible
    I can't even remember my own name
    racist ban

36. Bookmark ISO #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Monokuma (#16)
    ***** EVENT *****
    Quote Originally Posted by Monokuma (#19)
    ***** EVENT *****

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED!

First!

***** EVENT *****
    8:00 AM-9:00 AM Breakfast No Events, ITA's, or Deaths

Already bending school regulations, I see.

Can somebody tighten the screws on his brain? I think they've come loose.

37. Bookmark ISO #37
    ##Vote Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu

his avatar looks evil.

best i got right now

38. Bookmark ISO #38
    Community
    Hope's Peak Academy
    AKA
    owned

Yay game starto!

39. Bookmark ISO #39

40. Bookmark ISO #40
    ##Vote Korekiyo Shinguji

An attempt to enter the thread through name related posts is not something a true villager would do. Especially with MULTIPLE POSTS!!

41. Bookmark ISO #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Korekiyo Shinguji (#33)
    Peko Peko

1 name i will remember.
    Not the most creative thing spike chunsoft could have come up with I agree.....sigh.

42. Bookmark ISO #42
    "Moist"
    by Kotoko Utsugi

Moist
    Moist moist
    Moist
    Moist Moist Moist
    moist

43. Bookmark ISO #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Peko Pekoyama (#32)
    Because Japan.
    yup

and to be more specific, China

44. Bookmark ISO #44
    Community
    Band of Second Chances
    AKA
    Zarathustra
    Quote Originally Posted by Yasuke Matsuda (#44)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peko Pekoyama (#32)
    Because Japan.
    yup

and to be more specific, China
    Aren't they the same thing?

45. Bookmark ISO #45
    Community
    Hope's Peak Academy
    AKA
    owned

the ultimate anthropologist is always evil!

46. Bookmark ISO #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Byakuya Togami #2 (#35)
    B-B-Baka!!!
    You're very handsome.

47. Bookmark ISO #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Korekiyo Shinguji (#38)
    ##Vote Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu

his avatar looks evil.

best i got right now
    I am Ultimate Yakuza! My purpose is honourable!

48. Bookmark ISO #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikan Tsumiki (#46)
    ##Vote Korekiyo Shinguji

the ultimate anthropologist is always evil!
    Yes, let us join in the true bond of masonry!

49. Bookmark ISO #49
    Community
    Band of Second Chances
    AKA
    Zarathustra
    ##Vote Yasuke Matsuda

Easy game.

50. Bookmark ISO #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekomaru Nidai (#41)
    ##Vote Korekiyo Shinguji

An attempt to enter the thread through name related posts is not something a true villager would do. Especially with MULTIPLE POSTS!!
    trying to appear villagey and solvery based on nonsens is wolfy.

I dont believe you believe what you are actually argueing.

##Vote Nekomaru Nidai