1. ISO #1
    An offer you can't refuse Askthepizzaguy's Avatar
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    Forums.totalwar.org
    Public Moderation Log

Public Moderation Log

This thread is to inform the public when someone has been banned.

The reason why the public needs to be informed is so that there is some transparency with our process, but also because hosts and players alike expect someone to be able to finish out their ongoing games and will naturally be curious when someone cannot.

I do not approve of public debate about moderator action, although a member can always reveal what action has been taken and what was said to them privately, if they so wish.

If someone asks why someone was banned, refer to this thread.

User Offense Action Taken Length Date
    shrumz Code of Conduct Violations Ban 1 year 7/11/2015
    Yates Abusing Admin Rights Ban Permanent 3/15/2016
    Revival Repeated no-shows to games Ban 1 week (site)
    1 month (turbos)
    5/3/2016
    sanari Repeated violations of game integrity, sub outs, modkills Ban 2 months (all games) 5/11/2016
    SM1 Repeated violations of game integrity, board rules Ban Permanent 5/26/2016
    Rasul Intentional breach of game rules Ban 2 weeks 5/31/2016
    Vin Violation of code of conduct Ban 1 month 8/15/2016
    ika Violation of code of conduct, hurting game integrity Ban 1 month 8/15/2016
    PLZLEAVEDUCK Violation of code of conduct, hurting game integrity Ban 1 month 10/5/2016
    BATMAN Ignoring moderator instruction, insults Ban 2 days 10/16/2016
    faZ Code of Conduct Violations Ban 2 days 10/29/2016
    Monstrman Ignoring moderator instruction, insults, circumventing a 24 hour ban on discord and skype, continued insults. Ban 6 Months 11/05/2016
    Vin Violation of code of conduct Ban 1 month 11/26/2016
    IAAFR Violaton of forum rules, code of conduct, asking to be banned. Ban 3+1 months 12/3/2016
    LL Cool Lynch Hydra of a banned account Ban 3+1 months 12/3/2016
    faZ Repeated violations of CoC Ban 1 month 12/3/2016
    faZ Repeated Violation of CoC Ban 1 year 2/4/2017
    leucem Flaking Signup Ban 1 month 3/19/2017
    Narrator Failure to meet hosting standards Hosting Suspension 6 months 3/29/2017
    Phighter Repeated violation of CoC Ban 1 month 4/25/2017
    Frog Repeated & intentional CoC violation Ban 3 months 4/25/2017
    Dendi Hate speech, repeated breaches of CoC, ignoring mod instructions Ban Permanent 5/22/2017
    ReddBoiler Repeated violations of CoC Turbo Ban 1 month 5/31/2017
    ShipItUp Repeated violations of CoC Ban 6 months 6/03/2017
    faZ Ban evasion, CoC violations while banned Ban Permanent 7/04/2017
    Bess Ban evasion, CoC violations while banned Ban Permanent 7/04/2017
    Bop
    Ban evasion, CoC violations while banned Ban Permanent 7/04/2017
    leucem repeated flaking Signup Ban Permanent 7/04/2017
    Champ Severe CoC violations on discord server Discord chat suspension 2 weeks (updated) 7/07/2017
    Bimps Severe CoC violations on discord server Discord chat suspension 1 month 7/08/2017
    Maiden Of Chaos Pedophilia advocacy, trolling, threadshitting MU and discord ban Permanent 7/10/2017
    Frost Repeated flaking Sign-up ban 1 month 7/11/2017
    Jamie
    Coc violations while on discord final warn Discord chat suspension 2 weeks 7/15/2017
    Scoobs Abusing Mod Rights, Breach of Privacy Policy Demotion, Ban 3 months (Ban) 7/17/2017
    Fvr_Vain Repeated flaking Sign-up ban 1 month 7/19/2017
    Chris, Clovdyx Voluntary Taking a break anytime 8/06/2017
    IAmRobik CoC Violations + Game Integrity Ban 3 months 9/6/2017
    Kami Repeatedly breaking CoC 10 and ignoring moderator instructions Ban 6 months 9/9/2017
    Sanari Breaking mafia games rule #2 Ban 6 months 9/30/2017
    PokemonKidRyan Severe violation of game integrity Ban Permanent 10/19/2017
    tardispaten Severe violation of game integrity Ban Permanent 10/19/2017
    Last edited by GeneralHankerchief; October 19th, 2017 at 03:01 PM.

2. ISO #2
    Ruler of the Universe Thingyman's Avatar
    Timezone
    UTC+01:00
    Community
    PokerNet / 2+2
    shrumz was banned for 1 year on Saturday, July 11, 2015.

Reason: Repeated Violations of Code of Conduct
    shrumz was reported for violating the Code of Conduct on multiple occassions and had received several infractions as well as a final warning. He was ultimately banned for a body of work of hostility towards fellow community members that included making light of personal tragedies, telling people to go "$#@! themselves" or "piss off", and several times resorting to name calling.

This is all unacceptable behavior.

Please be advised: We will not tolerate users being hostile, extremely rude and disrespectful to other members and ignoring moderator requests to stop certain behaviors. In each instance, those behaviors continued in this case.

Remember to treat one another as you would if you were guests in someone else's home, trying to make friends there. Be polite and respectful to your hosts and to one another. Jokes and salty language are allowed, hostility and insults are not welcome.
    Last edited by Thingyman; July 11th, 2015 at 06:20 AM.

3. ISO #3
    Timezone
    Community
    Forums.totalwar.org
    Revival was temp banned for one week on May 3rd, 2016.

Reason: Repeated "flaking", a violation of the site's Game Rules

Flaking is defined as signing up to games and then not showing for them. Over the past year, Revival has done this more than five times and has been given a final warning on the matter from Thingyman. Revival has been modkilled or has zero posted in multiple games this calendar year and has done so twice very recently.

Please be advised: Signing up and no-showing to any game may result in a warning being issued, multiple times will always be points or a temp ban in severe cases. This was a very severe case.

Note, Revival is also banned from signing up to turbo games for one month thereafter. The one week ban is forum-wide.
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; May 3rd, 2016 at 04:01 AM.

4. ISO #4
    Timezone
    Community
    Forums.totalwar.org
    sanari was temp banned for two months on May 11th, 2016

Reason: Repeated violations of game integrity, repeated sub-outs for randing mafia, and modkills for breaking game rules

There were multiple instances of discussing ongoing games outside of the game, in other games, and visibly on other websites. Subbing out of a game for randing scum, and having been modkilled multiple times recently. In one instance, the player discussed subbing out of the game, the reasons why they were subbing out, and gave their role and alignment, in a single post, completely breaching the integrity of that game. Multiple games have been compromised.

Warning was issued regarding the discussion of ongoing games, and the site rules make it clear that sabotage or flaking is not allowed, and the game rules on several games warned against this type of behavior. Modkills occurred, substitutions occurred, but the player has made it clear in communications with mods, game hosts and Thingyman that they do not intend to play if they rand scum. They may also not play at all if they sign up to a themed game and don't enjoy the theme.

In any case, these problems cannot be resolved simply by subbing them out. A break has been enforced for games on this site, and when the ban expires they will be asked to adhere to site expectations regarding game integrity, and establish a pattern of behavior which is positive regardless of theme or randed alignment, or simply don't sign up to games.
    Last edited by Thingyman; May 11th, 2016 at 03:36 PM.

5. ISO #5
    rasul was temp banned for two weeks on May 31st, 2016

Reason: Intentionally breaking game rules to get modkilled.

In a post-restricted game he posted above the cap within the first few hours of the game, resulting in him being modkilled and the game being re-randed with another player in his slot.

Sabotage or otherwise playing in a way that seems to go intentionally against your and your teams ability to win breaches both the site rules and the spirit of the game, which will be dealt with harshly. Regardless of how seriously you take the game, you must respect others and their right to treat it how they choose to.

Repeated instances will be met with prejudice.

6. ISO #6
    Community
    WalterFootball
    Vin was temp banned for one month on August 15th, 2016.

Reason: Violation of Code of Conduct (No Personal Attacks).

During a game Vin made repeated personal attacks on other members of MafiaUniverse despite both a public warning from the game moderators and a private warning from a site moderator.

While we commend involved and competitive play, using frustrations within a game as a reason to make personal attacks on other players is not acceptable at MafiaUniverse.
    Last edited by Cory; August 29th, 2016 at 03:30 PM.

7. ISO #7
    Community
    WalterFootball
    ika was temp banned for one month on August 15th, 2016.

Reason: Violation of Forum Rules (Do Not Sabotage) & Code of Conduct (No Personal Attacks).

During a game ika made several posts expressing that he would sabotage willfully as a wolf to the point of rule violation in order to argue he was a villager and made several personal attacks on other members of MafiaUniverse.

We ask all players to respect the rules regarding both conduct and game integrity in order to create games that are both fun and fair.

8. ISO #8
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    Serenes Forest
    AKA
    Mak Daddy
    PLZLEAVEDUCK was temp banned for one month on October 5th, 2016.

Reason: Violation of Forum Rules (Do Not Sabotage, Do Not Directly Quote or Screenshot PMs Relating to the Game, Do Not Exploit Loopholes) & Code of Conduct (No Personal Attacks, Play With a Sportsmanlike Attitude).

PLZLEAVEDUCK claimed that a moderator told him someone was mafia while calling said staff's intelligence into question while trying to get modkilled.

We ask all players to respect the rules regarding both conduct and game integrity in order to create games that are both fun and fair.
    Last edited by Makaze; October 9th, 2016 at 02:33 PM.
    I hold you in the highest regard, my friends.

[12:09 pm] Cory Curren: remember that we are marking down all of your reads to hold for our personal amusement
    [12:09 pm] Cory Curren: anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of lol

9. ISO #9
    Timezone
    Community
    Forums.totalwar.org
    BATMAN was given two days to cool off following a toxic game. I asked everyone to avoid re-igniting the flames in postgame and BATMAN had trouble with that. He was also warned and infracted during the game.

Other notes: Sooh posted a moderator instruction, I did, and then in postgame I asked again. After that, points and warnings no longer apply.
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; October 16th, 2016 at 04:07 PM.

10. ISO #10
    Timezone
    Community
    Forums.totalwar.org
    Monstrman was given a 24 hour time out for insults after a coaching and mod instruction, but continued attacking via discord, skype. Also responded to moderator instruction by suggesting that they would ignore the instruction and that we needed to do what we had to do, so this is what we're doing.

6 months due to the severity of the insults and the response to the instruction and coaching, which was to acknowledge the instruction, but ignore it.

11. ISO #11
    Timezone
    Community
    Dragonmount
    Vin was temp banned for knowingly breaking Code of Conduct.

He posted in a turbo calling people names and asking to be moderated in the thread.

12. ISO #12
    Timezone
    Community
    Forums.totalwar.org
    IAAFR was given a three month ban for breaking forum rules and the code of conduct while asking to be banned.

13. ISO #13
    ridiculous ginger beanpole lute's Avatar
    Timezone
    Community
    MafiaUniverse
    AKA
    squeeze me
    faZ was given a one month ban for repeated violations of the Code of Conduct after moderator instruction.
    [Today at 4:43 PM] NAC: pizza is sex
    [Today at 4:45 PM] Voxxicus: Warm, gooey, great for large groups
    ♫ I've wasted time, I've wasted breath ♫
    ♫ I think I've thought myself to death ♫

14. ISO #14
    Timezone
    Community
    NovoCiv
    faZ has been given a 1-Year Ban for continued violation of the Mafia Universe Code of Conduct.
    leaping up into the air getting juiced up beyond belief

15. ISO #15
    Timezone
    UTC+11:00
    Community
    Giant in the Playground
    Sorry for the delay in announcing this but IAAFR's ban was extended by 1 month for use of an alt during the original ban period to participate in a game on this site.

16. ISO #16
    Timezone
    Community
    MafiaUniverse
    AKA
    squeeze me
    leucem was banned from signing up for games for 1 month due to flaking.

17. ISO #17
    Timezone
    Community
    MafiaUniverse
    AKA
    squeeze me
    Narrator and associated accounts have been suspended from hosting games for 6 months due to failure to meet hosting standards.

For the sake of clarity, the setup involved was not a factor in this decision.

18. ISO #18
    Phighter has been banned for one month for repeated violation of the Code of Conduct

19. ISO #19
    Community
    WalterFootball
    Frog has been banned for three months for repeated & intentional violations of the Code of Conduct.
    tis better to have lunched and lost
    than never to have lunched at all

20. ISO #20
    Timezone
    Community
    MafiaUniverse
    AKA
    squeeze me
    Dendi has been permanently banned for violating the Code of Conduct repeatedly, ignoring mod instructions, demonstrating an unwillingness to follow the Forum Rules, and hate speech.

21. ISO #21
    Timezone
    UTC+11:00
    Community
    Giant in the Playground
    ReddBoiler has been temp banned (1 month) from the turbo section for repeated violations of the CoC.

22. ISO #22
    Timezone
    Community
    Forums.totalwar.org
    ShipItUp has been banned for 6 months following CoC violations in Mass Effect Mafia, as well as a long history of CoC violations and ignoring moderator instruction and coaching for the same type of behavior. Points/coaching having no effect, a ban is given.

This was the final warning given after many infractions of the same kind have been issued.
    Hi SIU

For the below post and generally passive aggressive and hostile behavior in the mafia chat of Mass Effect mafia you will be given two infraction points this time. View this as a reminder that you need to strive to follow the CoC, even if there are players in the game you don't agree with. We want a friendly atmosphere on MU, and hope that you can contribute to that. Below is an excerpt from the CoC :
    (quoted post from reaper chat which is a clear violation of COC)
    YUP I'M THE ONE BEING SELFISH NOT THE PIECE OF $#@! WHO IS THREATENING TO GIVE UP OVER SOMEONE BUSSING AN AFK WOLF.

Go $#@! yourself kid
    Since this is not the first time you have received such an infraction, we will make this your last warning before you'll be given a break from the site.

Kind regards,

Sooh.
    User proceeded to then tell the mod to go $#@! herself, and continued insulting people in postgame.

8 moderators discussed the situation and the admin as well. A ban was unanimously agreed.

And this history:

ShipItUp

Final warning, since each of these instances was a single infraction given for multiple CoC violations of the same type in the same game. It links merely to one of the many posts that could have been infracted in each, and we only gave out one infraction.

Coaching, warning, infracting, all of this was done. Final warning was given and ignored blatantly. The behavior never stopped or lessened in severity, and in each clear violation SIU never accepted fault or changed his behavior, and told off the moderators, then continued to do the same kind of behavior to others on MU.

In case of any question about the moderation on the site, it is still my opinion that none of this needs to be aired, as that is between SIU and the moderators.

However, this is a ban, and people have asked for more information, and the decision was made to discuss it.

Feel free, but this is the last the staff has to say on the matter.
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; June 3rd, 2017 at 03:12 PM.

23. ISO #23
    Timezone
    Community
    Forums.totalwar.org
    faZ, Bess, and Bop, and all alt accounts of faZ are permanently banned for evading bans and violating the Code of Conduct while banned.

24. ISO #24
    Timezone
    Community
    Forums.totalwar.org
    Leucem is signup banned for repeated flaking.

25. ISO #25
    Timezone
    Community
    Forums.totalwar.org
    Champ was given a 1 month discord server suspension due to sustained extreme violations of the CoC.

Update: Because this occurred before the moderation team made a formal announcement of stepping up enforcement, and didn't get a final warning, Champ is being given some leeway. The suspension will be reduced to 2 weeks, with the understanding of being on best behavior when he returns.
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; July 9th, 2017 at 01:51 PM.

26. ISO #26
    Timezone
    Community
    Forums.totalwar.org
    Bimps was given a 1 month discord server suspension due to sustained extreme violations of the CoC.

27. ISO #27
    Timezone
    Community
    Forums.totalwar.org
    InvulnerableLittleGirl#2450 / Maiden Of Chaos was permanently banned from both Discord and Mafia Universe for self-identifying as a pedophile, posting pedophile advocacy websites, trolling and threadshitting.

This decision is final and was discussed with all mods present, an admin, and the site owner.

The rules are clearly posted.

28. ISO #28
    Timezone
    Community
    Vendetta Strada
    Frost has been banned from signing up for games for 1 month for repeated flaking.

Quote Originally Posted by gbsfranca (#79)
    If mooni didn't draw a rabbit there wouldn't be any elephants around
    If you like bad comics you might want to click me, whoop.

29. ISO #29
    Timezone
    Community
    Forums.totalwar.org
    Jamie was given a reduced break from the discord servers for posting insult and sexual content that is specifically disallowed, and was on a final warning. Severity lessened because both parties admitted it was just joking. 2 weeks less given out specifically because Jamie has promised to stop all of those types of insults or sexually suggestive jokes in the future, and the severity of this particular infract was less than the others above.

That said, 2 weeks is not going to be our standard. This is a combo of light infract plus final warning plus a promised change of behavior and admission of wrongdoing. Otherwise it would be a month.
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; July 14th, 2017 at 09:59 PM.

30. ISO #30
    Timezone
    Community
    MafiaUniverse
    AKA
    squeeze me
    Scoobs has been demodded and has received a 3 month ban from the site and Discord for using moderator abilities to obtain the first name of a player. In addition, he alluded to abusing these abilities in a similar fashion in the past. When the name was outed, he deleted it upon request, then, upon realizing the severity of his actions, he self-reported. He was immediately stripped of mod powers and permissions.

After extensive deliberation it was decided that in addition to the demotion, he would receive a 3 month ban with the understanding that any privacy violations upon his return would result in a permanent ban. Scoobs' actions were only a result of curiosity mixed with poor judgement, but we take the privacy of our members extremely seriously. This serves as a final warning to all staffers. Any further privacy breach will be met with a permanent ban.

Scoobs had this to add:

Quote Originally Posted by Scoobs
    I would just like to apologise to those affected by the the trust I breached. While I meant no deliberate harm, I understand that I exercised extremely poor judgement in my actions to satisfy my own curiosity. I'm not going to make any excuses to justify my behaviour and fully accept the consequences for my actions.
    Last edited by lute; July 17th, 2017 at 05:02 AM.

31. ISO #31
    Timezone
    Community
    Vendetta Strada
    Fvr_Vain has been banned from signing up for games for 1 month for repeated flaking.

Quote Originally Posted by gbsfranca (#79)
    If mooni didn't draw a rabbit there wouldn't be any elephants around
    If you like bad comics you might want to click me, whoop.

32. ISO #32
    Timezone
    Community
    Flash Flash Revolution
    ShotsFired has been permanently banned as an alt account of faZ.

33. ISO #33
    Timezone
    Community
    Forums.totalwar.org
    Chris (aka Clovdyx) has been voluntarily self-banned (no length). He can come back at request.
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; August 6th, 2017 at 12:25 PM.

34. ISO #34
    Timezone
    UTC-06:00
    Community
    Smogon
    IAmRobik has been banned for 3 months for repeated and extreme violations of the Code of Conduct, as well as for threatening to ruin game integrity.
    Last edited by Walrein; October 19th, 2017 at 02:42 PM.

35. ISO #35
    Community
    mafiamaniac
    Kami is banned for 6 months for repeated violations of rule 10 of the code of conduct after receiving a final warning on that, and ignoring moderator instructions.
    Last edited by Boquise; September 9th, 2017 at 03:37 PM.

36. ISO #36
    Timezone
    Community
    Dragonmount
    Sanari has been banned for 6 months for violating Rules for mafia games #2.
    Last edited by Sooh; September 29th, 2017 at 07:56 PM.

37. ISO #37
    Timezone
    UTC-06:00
    Community
    Smogon
    PokemonKidRyan and tardispaten have been permanently banned for severe breaches of game integrity. Full details can be found here.
    Last edited by Walrein; October 19th, 2017 at 02:42 PM.

38. ISO #38
    Community
    DLP
    Fishy15, Fishy1910, Physicsisgood and PBU have been permanently banned for severe breaches of game integrity. Full details can be found here.
    Last edited by Sooh; October 21st, 2017 at 05:17 PM.