Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Finale

1. Bookmark ISO #1

The 2015 Mafia Championship: Finale

THE 2015 MAFIA CHAMPIONSHIP
    THE FINALE

Welcome to the conclusion of the second season of the Mafia Championship.

70 communities accepted an invitation to send their best players.

These players competed in 6 qualifying games consisting of 13 players each, hoping to earn themselves a coveted spot in this finale.

It is now time to find out who will emerge as the ultimate winner - as the world's reigning forum mafia champion.

Lynch or be lynched. The game is afoot.

LINE-UP
    Achromatic (GameFAQs)
    Askthepizzaguy (The Org)
    coolkid (MafiaManiac)
    CPHoya (Super Mafia All Stars)
    cue5c (Personality Cafe)
    IAmFiction (Flash Flash Revolution)
    JaggedJimmyJay (Rate Your Music)
    Mashiii (Last Life)
    Master Radishes (Canucks Community)
    soah (Two Plus Two)
    TheSlenderMan (Vendetta Strada)
    Verbal32 (JetNation)
    Zack (CivFanatics)

LINKS TO PREVIOUS GAMES
    Game 1
    Game 2
    Game 3
    Game 4
    Game 5
    Game 6

What is this?
    Read more here.
    Last edited by Thingyman; August 16th, 2015 at 08:18 PM.

2. Bookmark ISO #2
    SPECTATORS

SPECTATOR CHAT
    Hello, dear spectators!

If you would like to spectate this game, please add me on Skype and I will invite you to the spectator chat: thingyman

We currently have 100+ people from all the different communities spectating these games. It is a ton of fun and it has led to several crossover games between communities, so even if you're not that interested in actually discussing the games, it may be a great chance to do some networking. This whole thing is really mostly about building a cross-community bond, so we'd love it if you would pop in and say hi.

Note that the spectator chat will NOT be spoiled.

GAME SUMMARY
    Last edited by Thingyman; August 16th, 2015 at 08:47 PM.

3. Bookmark ISO #3
    RULES

THE MOST IMPORTANT ONES
    • Only post/talk about the game in this thread. Don't PM other players, unless your role PM allows this. Also, don't post anything about the game in other threads or on other forums.
    • Don't try to use the form of your role PM. So a screenshot of your role PM would be cheating. As would discussing the time stamp of your PM.
    • When the thread is open and the Game Host has announced DAY you can post in it. But only as long as you are a live player. No deadposting, please.
    • Breadcrumbing is allowed. Secret codes requiring keys or anything resembling that is NOT allowed.
    • This is a game of lying. Players are expected to lie. No statement or promise a player makes within the game has any force outside the game. As an example, a bet offered in a game is not something you can collect if you win.
    • If we believe you to bending the rules intentionally in a way that clearly goes against the spirit of the rules and the game, then that would also be grounds for modkill. Do not try to get fancy or angly with the rules, please.
    • If you have any questions about rules, send a PM to this account. I'd be happy to help. You should not be asking the Game Host questions in the thread and neither should you ever refer to private communications with the mod.
    • No hydra'ing / multi-accounting is allowed. Do not share your account with anyone else.
    • Treat your fellow players with respect. Hostility will not be tolerated.

Refer to this post for the complete, standard ruleset for mafia games.

LYNCH RULES
    There is no majority lynch in this game except for at LYLO for the sake of being able to keep the same schedule throughout the game. Whoever has the most votes at deadline will be lynched.

At LYLO these rules will be in effect: Votes will be LOCKED IN. There will be no unvoting or vote changing, so make sure to vote wisely! Day ends immediately once majority is reached - do not post once this happens even if the Game Host isn't around to call it.

If there is a tie between two or more players, then the Game Host will randomize the lynch between the tied players.

No lynch is a valid vote.
    Last edited by True Champion; August 3rd, 2015 at 06:41 AM.

4. Bookmark ISO #4
    GAME-SPECIFIC INFORMATION

THE GAME SETUP
    There are 13 players in the game.

3 players have been randed Mafia:
    The 2015 Mafia Championship Finale

You are Mafia.

This is the full team:
    X
    X
    X

During night phases you may freely communicate with each other in private (but not during day phases). Each night you must submit to me a player that you want to have killed.

This is the game thread: [insert link]

9 players have been randed Vanilla Townie:

You are Vanilla Townie.

1 player has been randed Cop:

You are the Cop.

Each night you must submit to me the name of the player whose alignment/role you wish to learn.

You have a pre-game check on a random Vanilla Townie: [insert player name]

THE GAME SCHEDULE
    Day 1 will begin on Monday, August 3 at 8:00 AM EST, and night will fall on Tuesday, August 4 at 8:00 PM EST.

Day 2 will begin on Wednesday, August 5 at 8:00 AM EST, and night will fall on Thursday, August 6 at 8:00 PM EST.

Day 3 will begin on Friday, August 7 at 8:00 AM EST, and night will fall on Sunday, August 9 at 8:00 PM EST.

The schedule will follow that Tuesday / Thursday / Sunday nightfall schedule for the entire game.
    Last edited by True Champion; August 3rd, 2015 at 06:47 AM.

5. Bookmark ISO #5
    USING THE SOFTWARE

VOTING FOR SOMEONE
    Vote for someone by using the vote tags: [ v ]Thingyman[ /v ]. This will give you this:

##Vote Thingyman
    You can also quickly paste these tags into the reply box by clicking on the box with a check mark icon as shown here:

CALLING UP A VOTE COUNT
    Vote counts will appear automatically at various intervals, but you can actually call up vote counts yourself by following these steps:

First, you need to apply to join "Mafia Game Hosts" under Permission Groups.

Second, once your request has been approved, you will be able to call up vote counts by simply pushing the "Post Votes" button in the top right corner of any game thread that you'd like an updated vote count for.

Please don't spam vote counts -- if you do, we'll be forced to remove you from the "Mafia Game Hosts" permission group.

ISOLATING A PLAYER’S POSTS
    If you wish to read a player’s posts in isolation, simply click on “ISO” in the top right corner of one of that player’s posts in the relevant thread as illustrated here:

Alternatively, you can access a player’s posts in isolation by clicking on the number next to “Replies:” in the forum lobby.

Doing so will pull up a window listing the post counts for everyone who has posted in that thread. You access someone’s posts in isolation by simply clicking on the number next to “Posts:” for that person.

PRIVATE THREADS
    The forum features custom-made threads for the purposes of private communication, in case you have a role that allows communication outside of the game thread. You can read more about how these work from a Game Host perspective here, but as a player, all you need to know is this: To view a private thread, you both need to receive permission to view it AND you need the link to the thread (which the Game Host will send to you in a PM).

In other words, there’s no way for any unauthorized player to ever be able to view your posts in a private thread. Your post count won’t go up if you make posts here, your posts won’t be searchable in any way, and the subforum will never show anyone as viewing it.

Also, to make sure that you don’t mistakenly post in a game thread, when you were meaning to post in a private thread, the skin for the private thread subforum will always be set to Green Metro.
    Last edited by True Champion; August 4th, 2015 at 01:53 PM.

6. Bookmark ISO #6
    PLAYER BIOS

#1 Player: Achromatic

Username for this game: Achromatic

Representing: GameFAQs

Started playing in: 2008

Bio:
    My name is Chris and I am 27 years old and I am from Florida. I have been playing mafia in one form or another for over a decade now, starting with old IRC games way back in the day. Since then I graduated to IM games which were incredibly fast paced and relied more on charisma and being very bold than skill a lot of the time. I suppose that's a skill onto itself, however. My first experience with board mafia came in 2008 and I haven't looked back since. I have hundreds of games under my belt since that time and have played in communities where the pace is very slow (days lasting weeks at a time) although my usual expertise is days which last 48 hours, which fits the mold of this game much more. I pride myself on being a balanced player who is capable as both scum and town, and eagerly seek to play with people who have a high skill level. Mostly though I just play for fun, it just so happens the most fun that can be found in mafia is trying to outwit intelligent people as best that I can as either alignment.

#2 Player: Askthepizzaguy

Username for this game: Askthepizzaguy

Representing: The Org

Started playing in: 2008

Bio:
    Askthepizzaguy is the only player in history convinced that if he stares at a screen long enough, and types enough words, he can force people to confess their roles in the guessing game known as mafia. He's also convinced that he's good at it, despite mountains of evidence otherwise. Selected for the previous season of mafia championships for absolutely no reason that we can see, he joined the website 2+2 and was thoroughly satisfied with himself for voting nothing but scumbags in one game, surviving to the final lynch, and being lynched instead of convincing anyone at all to lynch even a single wolf, because he's under the impression that is a notable accomplishment. Having driven away all the players from TWC, he achieved a similar goal at his native website known as the Org, and once hosted a mafia game so terrible that mafia is no longer even played on the Straight Dope, and every other website he's been to is losing players at an alarming rate. His most recent accomplishments feature a string of unfinished overhyped and overdesigned games, and seems to understand the word "retirement" much like a professional wrestler does, and continually announces his retirement forever from mafia games on multiple sites, only to still hang around as if anyone cares, and voluntarily join more games no one asked him to join. Basically, he's a clingy, self-absorbed, delusional, overly talkative, emo bitch, so he'll fit right in at 2+2.

#3 Player: coolkid

Username for this game: coolkid

Representing: MafiaManiac

Started playing in: 2012

Bio:
    I enjoy being a detective, attempting to dissect plays and discern motives. I tends towards being thoughtful rather than reactive. I often find things that I previously missed or see different angles upon reflection and my mind tends to stew on matters. I believe in utilising every opportunity to learn and grow. I am but a simpleton

#4 Player: CPHoya

Username for this game: CPHoya

Representing: Super Mafia All Stars

Started playing in: 2009

Bio:
    Began playing forum werewolf on 2+2 in summer 2009. Kept playing through today. Began playing SUPER MAFIA ALL STARS ("SMAS"), with Ryuzilla's blessing, last year. Kept playing through today.

The good: Reliable first round draft pick in WW/mafia drafts. Always selected as dedicated "free win" wolf in anonymous games. Once voted best overall active player in POG. Extremely high wolf win frequency coupled with low mislynch frequency. According to SMAS $tats, undefeated mafia at perfect 10-0, with 8 of those wins being while still alive (and one of the two where I actually died being the game where TANAGOAT won it by crying).

The bad: Grating lawyer personality. Tendency to tunnel strong players when he believes the strong player has said something too stupid to be a real thought. Thinks that about most things anyone ever says. Reads can be erratic (with vanilla-game solves being very common, but vanilla-game details being a definite thing). Wants WW theory to be true all the time, which causes him to be more hesitant to lynch people who are barely trying, since to him that means the wolf is making no effort to win, which is unfathomable to Hoya. He's adjusting this.

The commitment: This will be a pen and paper, A-game effort. Will settle for nothing but outright MVP-caliber performance.

The quirk: Really, really likes cats.

#5 Player: cue5c

Username for this game: cue5c

Representing: Personality Cafe

Started playing in: 2012

Bio:
    Written by INFJJ girlinthemoon:

@cue5c was named after his paternal grandmother, Lorelai "cue" Gilmore, and is mother to Rory.

Raised in Hartford, Connecticut, cue is a highly talkative, free-spirited man, a child of the eighties and part of the MTV generation.

His wealthy parents, Richard and Emily, raised him to be a proper young lady of good breeding. They had his future all planned out and arranged for him to come out to society after his sixteenth birthday, but cue was always rebellious and resentful of his structured, sheltered and silver spoon upbringing and became pregnant. Shortly after Rory's birth, he left home, which further put on a strain in his relationship with his parents.

Cue's eating habits are famously unhealthy; he is a caffeine addict and subsists mostly on diner food and takeout. He and Rory have regular food-and-movie nights, during which they buy enough junk food for several people and proceed to eat most of it. The only time he has desired fruit and vegetables was when he was pregnant with Rory. He does not cook; when not eating leftover takeout or junk food, he frequents Luke's diner. Rory and cue usually enjoy breakfast at Luke's daily, and sometimes eat lunch or dinner there as well. For those times when cue is required to prepare something domestically, such as the Chilton bake sale, he turns to his chef friend, Sookie St. James, to do the cooking.

Cue is innately humorous and has a witty remark for every situation, often with a pop culture reference. His remarks can either confuse or charm those who aren't familiar with him. He is also known for being very talkative and having a way with words; Max Medina calls him a "wordsmith." Additionally, as the manager of the Independence Inn, he is able to think quickly on his feet and handle various situations, such as improvising rooms for people when the inn catches fire or whatever hell breaks loose at Friday Night Dinners.

#6 Player: FictionJunction

Username for this game: Fiction

Representing: Flash Flash Revolution

Started playing in: 2007

Bio:
    i'm a grim reaper when I'm blarin' out your speaker
    killin' out the weaker welcome to the final feature
    my head is in the clouds, you can say that i'm a dreamer
    but i bang it super loud turn that bitch into a screamer

imma do what i want, whatever
    imma rage til the dawn, all nighter
    don't hold your breath you know i'll sleep when i am dead

#7 Player: JaggedJimmyJay

Username for this game: JaggedJimmyJay

Representing: Rate Your Music

Started playing in: 2011

Bio:
    I've played Mafia exclusively on rateyourmusic for about three and a half years, participating in around 45-50 games either as a player or moderator. I try to play with a balance of assertive leadership and clinical logic regardless of alignment. I often find myself deliberately pursuing one-on-one communication with [nearly] every player in a game thread as a means of generating a large quantity of readable content for everyone else and developing my own reads (or strategies to fudge reads as necessary). This means I accumulate quite a lot of lengthy posts, though I've a feeling I won't stand out in this competition quite so much in that regard. ;-)

Y'all may not know who they are, but I'd like to attribute much of my style to RYMers MrMungbean, Sloonei, and MacDougall (among others), who I've emulated often.

Mafia Awards
    2x Best Townie (Games 31-40 and 71-80)
    Best Scum (Games 21-30)
    Best Moderator (Games 71-80)
    Most Valuable Player (Games 61-70)
    2x Best Roleplay (Games 31-40 and 51-60)
    Hall of Fame inductee (Maffies 4)

#8 Player: Mashi

Username for this game: Mashi

Representing: Last Life

Bio:
    Hello, I am a frivolous person!!!

I've been playing TWG for a bit more than 6 years now. I started out on LLF and later ventured out to other communities; NSM and FFR in particular. I'm generally reserved in my playstyle, tending to make bigger posts than most people, though I've grown accustomed to the rapid posting style familiar to most no out-of-thread-talk forums.

I often try to balance out the probability of a Wolf performing an action with that of a Human (not quantitatively though, I'm not that intense!) when searching for Wolves. For this reason, I never feel 100% certain in my opinions, though I may feign so in order to push for something or instigate a particular response from Players.

The Werewolf Game >> Mafia btw

Uhh, my favorite Role is the Fool. I dislike playing as Special Roles, preferring to play as a normal Human and having less to worry about so that I can focus more on finding Wolves. Speaking of which, I find Wolf Roles to be fun and invigorating.

when im sarcastic i dont use any punctuation or caps and ill probably be typing like this at some point in the game

idk how to write a bio but i guess i should study now since i have an exam tomorrow lol

Harasho!!!

#9 Player: Master Radishes

Username for this game: Master Radishes

Representing: Canucks Community

Bio:
    Behold the great Master of Radishes
    His mind is the sword he brandishes
    Armed with logic and intuition
    He'll nail every suspicion
    ...at least until all his luck vanishes

#10 Player: soah

Username for this game: soah

Representing: Two Plus Two

Started playing in: 2006

Bio:
    I've been playing this game for a really long time (and taking a break from it for some time as well). I enjoy being a villager, and put in a fair effort at being a wolf out of obligation to do so. I'm a deep thinker rather than a fast thinker and I prefer to do things on my own, and on my own timetable. I don't stop reconsidering everything until every piece has fallen in place.

#11 Player: TheSlenderMan

Username for this game: Slendy

Representing: Vendetta Strada

Started playing in: 2010

Bio:
    I’m one of the regulars of Vendetta Strada, a community that is almost solely dedicated to different kinds of Mafia-games. Despite having been “MIA” for a while, getting an invitation to the Championship game was an opportunity I didn’t want to miss.

I’m Finnish, which often times surprises the people I’m playing with since I tend to be online during hours that would usually be considered ‘American’, timezone-wise.

I started playing in December 2010, coincidentally in the very first game that was ever hosted on Vendetta Strada. I was a quick learner, particularly as a Villager, and have tried several different playing styles over the years. Regardless of the ‘mood’ I’m in and the affiliation I’ve rolled, I’m known as quite a friendly and diplomatic person to play with.

My Mafia-playing background is mostly rolemadness, but in recent times I’ve grown to prefer the simpler setups with emphasis on actual Scumhunting, such as these games.

#12 Player: Verbal32

Username for this game: Verbal32

Representing: JetNation

Started playing in: 2007

Bio:
    Win spectacularly or die trying.

#13 Player: Zack

Username for this game: Zack

Representing: CivFanatics

Bio:
    Zack has played in well over a hundred games across several sites, and hosted more than twenty himself. In 2013, he won awards for "Best Mafia Performance", "Best All-Around Player", "Best Scumbag", and came in second for "Most Enjoyable Player" and "Best Townie". When he's town, he is usually killed off early, and when he's mafia he tends to survive to the end of the game.

Zack is world-renowned for his humility and philanthropy. He is also quite handsome.
    Last edited by True Champion; August 3rd, 2015 at 03:13 PM.

7. Bookmark ISO #7
    THE PROLOGUE

The ages have seen many civilizations reduced to rubble by humanity's need for supremacy - the basic instinct to prove one's own worth. From the gladiatorial games in ancient Rome to modern day warriors battling as prize fighters, society has always been attached to bloodshed. Well, that's probably true; I'm not really a historian. I don't have any expertise on that.

But I do have a giant, freaking lizard terrorizing everybody until the most awesome superhero of all time - save Deadpool, LDO - gets involved. And what do you get when hundreds of fictional characters, and a few real live people, battle for absolutely nothing?

The ultimate showdown...

OF ULTIMATE DESTINY!

Fight on!
    Last edited by True Champion; August 3rd, 2015 at 07:37 AM.

8. Bookmark ISO #8
    MOD NOTE:

Randing and sending role PM's now.

TheSlenderMan/Slendy hasn't confirmed this weekend, but he did mark down August 3 as being good for him and he did say the weekend was gonna be busy for him, so I will do this: I will send him his role via email and give him until tomorrow 8 AM EST (24 hours) to confirm or start posting. If he doesn't, the mighty Banks will sub in as the next person in line.

9. Bookmark ISO #9
    *** DAY 1 HAS STARTED! ***

IT ENDS IN 2015-08-05T02:00+0200

@Achromatic
    @Askthepizzaguy
    @coolkid
    @CPHoya
    @cue5c
    @Fiction
    @JaggedJimmyJay
    @Mashi
    @Master Radishes
    @soah
    @Slendy
    @Verbal32
    @Zack
    Last edited by Thingyman; August 4th, 2015 at 04:19 PM.

10. Bookmark ISO #10
    An offer you can't refuse Askthepizzaguy's Avatar
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    Forums.totalwar.org
    Wink

YES WE CAN

Let's kick things off with a proper declaration:

(Probably NSFW)

Lyrics:
    Rebel, rebel, and yell
    Cause our people still dwell in hell
    Locked in a cell, yes the structure's a cell
    MAD is the story I tell
    How long can we wait?
    C'mon, seein' what's at stake
    Action for reaction
    If your mind's in a somewhat complacent state, get a check up!
    This is a stick up
    Our freedom, or your life
    Lord, I wish I could be peacful
    But there can be no sequel!
    Now freedom must be fundamental
    In Johannesburg, or South Central
    On the mic, cause someone should tell 'em
    To kick in the township rebellion

Yeaaah, what about THAT sucka?!

Yeah, so you thought you could get with the hardlines, that fill your mind
    Thoughts, battles fought, and lessons taught
    Yes I'll display the fitness, and flip like a gymnast..
    Raise my fist and resist!
    Asleep though we stand in the midst, of the war
    Gotta get mine, gotta get more!
    Keepin' the mic WARM against the norm
    Cause what does it offer me?
    I think often it's nothin but a coffin
    Gotta get wreck 'til our necks never swing on a rope
    From here, to the cape of no hope
    Now freedom must be fundamental
    In Johannesburg, or South Central
    On the mic, cause someone should tell 'em
    To kick in the township rebellion

Why stand on a silent platform?
    Fight the war, **** the norm!

What's it gonna take?

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross...
    When ignorance reigns, life is lost...
    Shackle their minds when they're left on the cross...
    Shackled our minds when we're bent on the cross...

*ahem*
    Your attention please......

1. PLEASE DO NOT FAKEPEEK ME THIS GAME.... EVER.

I don't care if your fakepeek on me is villager or scum, please don't do either one. This is a serious request and if you are my teammate, please, be a good teammate and help me out on this one.

2. I am going to attempt to be easy to cold-read this game, so a peek won't be necessary.

Please don't real peek me, please don't fakepeek me. I am going to do my very best to self-clear. I can't say I've had the best track record with that lately but I've been trying to work out the kinks so it will actually work here.

3. What I am asking here is actually bad if I were mafia. Really quickly:

Makes it harder for me to find the cop. Draws attention to me for no reason. Makes it more likely my scum mates get arrested, and that would require me to win alone at final three, and I'm never going to be able to do that, reasons why will become apparent. No one will have my back if I am the D1 lynch, because I told people not to fakepeek me villager. It doesn't offer a lot and has a lot of downsides and I decided to do this without consulting my teammates. I have 50 scum games where I act like a proper teammate. Even a bad gambit is intended to improve my chances of winning the game and go for the grand prize of champon, but this move would make my own teammates not want to vote for me, because it is selfish, and it has a large chance of not working and me getting lynched for fancy play instead of normal play, and then I can't help my team win and I will earn zero votes in postgame. It improves the odds the cop can scan a run of several townies in a row and lock the game mechanically. It would be better to draw the scan myself and break up the run of all-villager scans and also make it simpler to locate the cop. These reasons and more are why I would not do this move as scum.

Why it is good for me and for village:

I know I'm a villager, peeking me doesn't help me help you solve the game, and if I'm not peeked, my murder results in zero lost peeks and more useful fakepeeks still in play. If I'm not murdered and not peeked, your peeks are now useful in assisting me in the solve. We can win this as a team, then.

I think I really can self-clear this game. If I can, and I don't waste a peek or a lynch, that is mechanically the same thing as the Cop getting two peeks on night zero instead of one. It's unquestionably good for village. It's also seriously dangerous to me if I were scum, which I'm not or I would have aborted this plan.

I can cite several turbos and at least one long game where a villager did this.

It's not unprecedented. You want proof I can show you. The objective for that villager is to not out the cop by having the cop have to defend you day one to stop a bad lynch, the objective is to not be the n1 murder because you were peeked, so even if you weren't the cop it removes a peek from play. The objective if you are the cop is to not get sniped for being someone else's peek, and also, to not look like the cop. And I've yet to see a scum try it even in a turbo which I consider mostly meaningless because (a) it doesn't occur to them and (b) doesn't really result in anything good happening for the scum team of 2 versus the village of 9. It can happen, but, it isn't +EV for their team, and won't result in a villager-read on them if it happens even once in a game, and a villager read is the only reason to attempt this because it's so wholly negative for the scum team.

I thought about it for a long while and I think it's equally bad in this situation, and that's why I adapted it and why I wanted to launch this tactic as soon as this game began, right after I received my role telling me it was a good idea to do a tactic that is great for village and poor for mafia.

It's even worse because it's a terrible, loser gambit for a mafioso and it's not team-friendly and there are votes after this game is over to see who is the best. Playing a bad opener and throwing your team's chances under the bus don't read to me like the decisions of a supposed champion.

I obviously could have aborted this.

I'm not asking you to town-read me for this alone, just to abide by my wishes on the matter and to not peek or fakepeek me.

Also, I'm fine being a strong player kill that results in no seer hunt clears. That still draws the murder and accomplishes my objective of not being one of the six lynches in this game.

To address your likely concerns:

A) Some say, I'm harder to cold read than most people. I have the WIM and the creativity and the lack of fear to do "anything" as scum. So how do I self-clear?

-That's the challenge. My goal is to be the villager that you can readily identify and break my scum meta. Maybe I can break out of it for one game only. If I can, I want it to be this game, where all the marbles are on the line. So let me try. I'm an open book. I will hardly rest. I will show you my entire thinking process. Ask me anything, about myself, about anyone, at any time, and I will make sure my ass is here so my fingers can type the answers to you truthfully. The only thing I will lie about is that I'm a vanilla townie if I am not a vanilla townie. But I'll make it possible for you to solve me regardless, and not just that, solve it confidently. Or I haven't done my job.

B) You don't need to textwall constantly to prove you're a villager.

-I know. I'm going to spoiler most of the stuff I don't expect you to read and I'm going to try to be a lot simpler to read and re-read.

C) Sounds like you just don't want to be peeked or lynched.

-I know. I don't want to be an early game peek or lynch, and hopefully we can wrap up the game before I become a pressing concern, or I draw the murder before it becomes a factor. I am risking a lot at final whatever if I'm still alive and a question mark and it might spoil our chances then, but. I am banking on us being a group of champions who can win before then. The cop always has the option to peek me anyway, despite my protestations. It's his role and his decisions.

D) You can't really self-clear.

-Maybe, maybe not. Clearing is difficult if you're trying to do it to yourself. No one believes you because you might be a liar and your motivation for lying is obvious. And I can't copy the ways others cleared themselves in previous games because it's too easy.

But it can be done. The question is, can I do it, and if I can, how do I do it deliberately? That's the part of the plan that I can't engineer in advance. It has to happen naturally.

E) Why wouldn't you want people to leave correct seer cover on you if you're a villager?

-Because I'm not very likely to be the night zero random peek, I'm likely to spew people not-cop if they fakepeek me especially if I look villagery on Day One and after all this fanciness. It won't be convincing; even if it is correct seer cover, it won't be useful-to-the-seer cover, so it's pointless seer cover. Take a gamble on someone more likely to appear to actually have been your peek.

F) Doesn't this increase the chances people fakepeek incorrectly?

-Yes, but it improves the chances the scums will buy a different correct fakepeek.

G) What if the "real cop" randomly peeked you night zero?

-Don't worry about it, they don't have to claim a peek on anyone until they hard claim anyway.

H) I dunno, Pizza. It's different, and I don't like things that are different.

-Okay, Mr. Plinkett.

I) Vote: Pizza

-Pizza died and was a townie. You have 5 shots left.
    -That could have gone better.

And also, for the record....

YEAHHHHHHH BOYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Villager as always.

11. Bookmark ISO #11
    Community
    RateYourMusic / TheSyndicate

i have about an hour before i have to leave for work, so let's make use of my time

12. Bookmark ISO #12
    Community
    GameFAQs
    I am going to get into a quick discussion that someone is going to adorably try to meta that I am disappointed that I rolled town all three of the games of this championship. I feel I am a much stronger scum player overall and really wanted to try some techniques.

I work four hours each week day in the marketing department of a company, but that means I have computer access. I try not to abuse this right, in the spirit of pizza's love of song insert "The Only Exception" by Paramore for you guys right here.

Be back after commute/working for a bit.

Also hello to JJJ and Verbal. Did I play with cue? I want to say yes but unsure.

13. Bookmark ISO #13
    Community
    pizza, one immediate question i have about your quest for self-clearance is that you've asserted you want to break free of your scum meta. have any number of other players in this game played with you when you've been scum?

14. Bookmark ISO #14
    Community
    GameFAQs

15. Bookmark ISO #15
    Community
    you played with cue in the wildcard game, Achro. you don't remember that?

16. Bookmark ISO #16
    Community

17. Bookmark ISO #17
    Community
    GameFAQs
    I have had quite the whirlwind month. New job, new wow tier, busy busy. I... am trying to remember cue precisely.

18. Bookmark ISO #18
    Timezone
    Community
    Forums.totalwar.org

No more prepared material, time for actual real-time stuff. I did not do this one in advance.

It's me, it's me, it's that P, I, double Z
    There aint' nothin that could possibly happen to me
    That could ruin the mood, this game, is already aflame
    The blaze in my heart is a fire of warmth
    So don't stand on that silent platform, fight the war, eff the norm
    I had no plan, no plan of action, no platform on which to stand
    had I rand mafia this plan would not stand, I would bury it in sand
    But there's no problem, there's no contest for this American idol
    There's no pressure and man I sure am not feelin' spiteful
    I'm feelin' bright and loose and fast and fantastic
    No need for things to get drastic
    I'm two hundred pounds of pure cheese
    32 years aged and pizza sauce I would bleed
    If you prick me do I not leak?
    There ain't nothin like a villaging streak
    Gets my blood pumpin, gets that sauce jumpin'
    The cheese will be meltin but not under the pressure
    No pressure no pressure, I will split this mafia down the middle, a fissure
    I will rumble over the scums like an earthquake make no mistake
    All that glory is there for the taking
    So stop shaking, there's no braking, now it's only fast forward to the end of all glory
    Don't get me off topic this is how I see the story it's unfolding like origami
    One time for me, tell me all my townies, can you dig this
    It's unbelievable but you're here to witness
    It's pizza, extra large and in charge, no need for side items
    No need for crazy bread, no need for garlic
    And certainly no need to panic, because I'm here
    I'm here to deliver up somethin' special
    I got your special right here
    I got your special right here
    I'm here to deliver YOU
    And I'm not talking about squealin' like a pig
    It's not that kind of deliverance my brothers
    But believe you me, the mafia scum
    Better drop those panties, or I'll blast 'em
    Because this time the Pizza is delivering you
    And by the time I'm through you won't be feelin' blue
    Unless you eat spicy meat-a-balls and spaghetti
    Then I'll drive my car all over you like Andretti
    I'll ruffle up your fine italian suits
    Six feet under, and it's no blunder, you'll be torn asunder
    Am I a townie, the Hawaiian pizza says SHOOTS
    Just ask Fluffy, and even if this post seems fluffy
    It's how I'm feelin' and soon it's how my whole village will be feelin'
    Like stealin' the hope diamond away, right from the mafia's hands
    This thread is my land, and I'll defend it
    I might not be military, but I promise you this
    You arrive cross my border to throw down
    I'll answer with my fist
    If you arrive in my town to try to take the crown
    If you arrive in my town to try to bring it down
    I'll end you
    It's the last run of the night, soon you'll be sleepin' tight
    I'll deliver you to the city dump, chump
    And buried six feet under the city's waste with haste
    And as I toss you a slice, your last meal
    Open up a bottle of this wine in front of me
    Pour it on your broken punk gangsta body
    And light that victory cigar, because everything burns
    Everything burns everything burns
    And this game is over, because you gonna burn!
    In 30 minutes or less
    Or your lynch is free, and it's on me
    That's me, that's me, that P, I, Double Z!

19. Bookmark ISO #19
    Community
    if the mod(s) had allowed me to post recordings in this game i would have laid down a beat for that. frustrating.

20. Bookmark ISO #20
    Community
    Canucks.com

I'mma just put this on while I eat my lunch and read Pizza's post.

21. Bookmark ISO #21
    Community
    my fantasies about this game over the past couple months tended to feature a fast start. i am chomping at the bit to get this thread moving.

Askthepizzaguy, please hurry and answer my prior question. i am short on time, and you might be my only hope right now to make posts.

22. Bookmark ISO #22
    Community
    oh but wait, there's the radish guy. what's for lunch?

23. Bookmark ISO #23
    Community
    Canucks.com
    Quote Originally Posted by JaggedJimmyJay View Post
    oh but wait, there's the radish guy. what's for lunch?
    Disgusting store-bought pizza because I'm broke.

Who else is in GMT? In my qualifier game it seemed no one was ever online when I was, and I'd miss all the busy periods when I was asleep, due to the time zone differences.

24. Bookmark ISO #24
    Community
    I'm near Cambridge, we should be on the same timeline. I work night shift though, so it's beneficial for interacting with Americans and detrimental for the EOD timing.

25. Bookmark ISO #25
    Timezone
    Community
    Forums.totalwar.org
    pizza, one immediate question i have about your quest for self-clearance is that you've asserted you want to break free of your scum meta. have any number of other players in this game played with you when you've been scum?
    Zaccino aka Zack is intimately familiar with my scum game, but. You can't rely on someone to vouch for me, you don't know their alignment. You judge me as best you can. You can trust you.

If Banks joins the fray, he's seen me scum, although I will say it wasn't under the best of circumstances for me, so it was outside my scum meta.

If you want to see me scum I prepared my entire scum library while doing research for this game.

Here it is, but frankly I don't expect you or anyone to read it. I was going to do that, but...

Donk's Always Sunny / 5-24-2015
    http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/59...hread-1534651/
    Relevance: Similar setup, but with a few extra people, ATPG wolf (successful seer hunt)
    Note: Unusual meta for me this game, out of character due to a BS modkill on DM forums.
    Game still in progress

TTT Blaze It / 4-20-2015
    http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/59...-13er-1526864/
    Relevance: Similar setup, but with no seer, ATPG wolf (victorious, survived) (Win)

Benneh Turbo 13er / 5-07-2015
    http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/59...-glgl-1530664/
    Relevance: Similar setup, but with true n0 peek from seer, ATPG wolf (near win at f5)
    Note: Under severe pressure, escapes lynches twice, causes many mislynches. One player's vote away from the win at f5. (Loss)

Krayz Vanilla / 9-26-2013
    http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/59...hread-1375268/
    Relevance: Almost none. Recruited into a wolf team, started as vanillager, entire team wrecked and I was going to be the peek. Almost zero play time as wolf. (Loss)

Visorslash's Return to Ciretako / 4-6-2015
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=545809
    Relevance: Some, demonstrates clutch wolf defense and deep wolfing and self-clearing as wolf. Replaced into the game in a seriously bad position and still won. (Win)

Zack's None Shall Pass / 10-24-2013
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=513049
    Relevance: Zero. Multifaction dual cult dual town SK recruitment game. Not relevant. (Loss)

Sprig's Immortals II / 3-29-2014
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=523518
    Relevance: Beyond Zero. Began as villager, converted upon death, strange game, no control over what happened, couldn't influence the game upon conversion to being wolf. (Loss) Included here for thoroughness.

Sprig's Immortals I / 10-2-2013
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=510878
    Relevance: Almost none. Mostly fun roleplaying, multiple faction complex game. (Loss)

KOTOR Mafia / 7-24-2012
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=470370
    Relevance: Zero, multiple faction game, barely resembles mafia. (Loss)

Paired Mafia / 12-30-2011
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=450291
    Relevance: Zero, setup was 3 mafia versus nothing but mason pairs, still almost won. (Loss)

Zack's Highway to Hell / 4-28-2011
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=420676
    Relevance: Little, setup was unique but at least it contained mostly vanilla mafia and town.
    Result: Clean sweep, village never had a chance. All 4 scums survived. (Win)

Gangland Wars / 2-28-2011
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=413731
    Relevance: None, another Pizza replace in, convert to mafia, all other partners dead, curb stomp.
    (Win)

Paulus' NOTW XXIX / 8-29-2009
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=340472
    Relevance: None, Pizza team nearly swept. Complex game (Win)

DE's NOTW XXVIII / 9-9-2009
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=334680
    Relevance: None, multifaction complex game, scanned early (Loss)

Werewolf Classic XVIII / 2-5-2015
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...I-Resurrection
    Relevance: Little, complex single mafia game, defeated entrenched network (Win)

My little townie / 5-1-2014
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...t-on-page-3%29
    Relevance: None, complex single mafia game, annihilated entire protown network (No Contest)
    Game host quit after a player whined about me owning that player so hard, was generally a gigantic baby and spent all game arguing with everyone. Cost me certain victory, we were never losing that game, ever.

Cuthalion's Middle Earth WW / 5-10-2014
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ip-of-the-Ring
    Relevance: None, chose my partners, and coached my two rookies to an absurd win over an even more absurdly overpowered town network (Win)

WEW's The Ocean / 7-4-2012
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Sharks-Victory
    Relevance: None, replaced in early and led my team to victory against a powerful town and an opposing mafia faction. Desperation maneuvers by me. (Win)

WEW's Legend of Zelda / 8-26-2010
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...over-s-Victory!
    Relevance: Very little, but probably my greatest achievement in any game, ever. (Win)
    Defeated an OP town, cult, and other cult, to achieve a Lover's Victory with Diana Abnoba.

Double A's Beer Mafia / 11-6-2009
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...8Mafia-Wins%29
    Relevance: Very little. Bluffed my way to another win. (Win)

Blackadder Mafia / 1-12-2009
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...28Concluded%29
    Relevance: None. Early victory. (Win)

Jubal's Game of Mafia / 9-21-2008
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...28Concluded%29
    Relevance: None. Early victory. (Win)

Hell's Kitchen Season 4 / 1-16-2015
    http://www.giraffeboards.com/showthread.php?t=37399
    Relevance: None, unusual setup. (Loss)

Scathach's Maskerade / 9-8-2013
    http://www.giraffeboards.com/showthread.php?t=33839
    Relevance: Very little, won dramatically at final 7. (Win)

Polluxo's Rebellion Mafia / 3-30-2013
    http://www.giraffeboards.com/showthread.php?t=32236
    Relevance: none, multifaction, won dramatically as godfather. (Win)

SisterCoyote's Looking Glass Mafia / 11-26-2012
    http://www.giraffeboards.com/showthread.php?t=29623
    Relevance: None, forced win against village with insane power roles (win)
    Note: Dangers of mass claiming - it means pizza can outfox your entire town collective.

Renata's Hill House / 12-7-2011
    http://www.giraffeboards.com/showthread.php?t=24074
    Notes: Just another scummy day at the office. (Win)

Saxon Showdown / 6-13-13
    http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...down-CONCLUDED
    Notes: Italian mafia victory (Win)

Visor's Skyrim / 12-08-12
    http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...tion-Concluded
    Notes: Neutral who won with Mafia, total sweep (Win)

Jarema's Dr Wilenloss / 8-23-12
    http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...n-or-Concluded
    Notes: Another epic sweep (Win)

Interstellar Ship One / 7-24-12
    http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...game-Concluded
    Relevance: none, minigame. (Loss)

Visor's A History of Violence / 3-09-12
    http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...ence-Concluded
    Relevance: A little. Shows how I win even without a mafia partner (Win)
    Dat final writeup where I kill DaveShack, tho. Let it burn, indeed...

Seamus Fermanagh's Capo di Tutti Capi IV / 9-12-11
    http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...i-IV-Concluded
    Relevance: None, just shows how to win a 117 player game and become the final mafia Don of the last surviving mafia family, with all the town doctors in your pocket. (Win)

Subotan's A Bridge Zhou Far / 6-16-10
    http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...sing-Concluded
    Relevance: None, multifaction, victory. (Win)

DE's Roman Brutality / 8-16-10
    http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...lity-Concluded
    Relevance: Small vanilla game, (Win)

CR's The Shadow Fort 2-26-10
    http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...Fort-Concluded
    Relevance: None, Earned a victory condition. (Win)

pever's Revenge of Inishmore / 4-3-10
    http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...ore!-Concluded
    Relevance: None, recruited to the winning faction as scum (Win)* Ish. More.
    Note: Game host didn't score it as a win even though I was recruited to the winning faction.
    Why? Because host wasn't exactly a decent game host. In his own words, he didn't care.

Johnhughthom's Rock and Roll HOF / 3-05-10
    http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...Fame-Concluded
    Relevance: None, SK who wins with mafia (Win)

Beefy's Chinese Zodiac Mafia / 3-22-10
    http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...afia-Concluded
    Relevance: Sweep by me and Joooray (Win)

Beefy's Alien v Yakuza / 11-20-09
    http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...kuza-Concluded
    Relevance: Sweep by me and Splitpersonality (Win)

Iskander 3.1's Downgradez / 10-31-2009
    http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...afia!!!-Closed
    Relevance: None, but had the game locked after fooling the cop in a small setup.

YLC's Dark Descent / 6-18-09
    http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...Game-Concluded
    Relevance: Fulfilled victory conditions (Win)

Hitman's Gambit / 6-29-09
    http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...afia-Concluded
    Relevance: Bloodbath victory after being scanned night zero (Win)

TheFlax Mini-Mafia Mass Effect / 5-25-09
    http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...fect-Concluded
    Relevance: Located disconnected partner, swept the game by outing myself (Win)

Pever's fight for Inishmore / 3-5-09
    http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...more-Concluded
    Relevance: None. Game host made up a reason to essentially modkill the godfather of my team with a rule invented halfway through the game, which one-shots my entire team. It's marked down as a loss but my epic play this game always wins the game if not for host interference. (Loss)

The Prometheus / 10-25-08
    Relevance: My first go as scum, my team won (Win)

You Can't Win / 1-5-09
    relevance: Solved for scum and asked to be recruited, was recruited and won. (Win)

Arkham Revisited / 3-3-2012
    http://psychopathgame.proboards.com/...emical-factory
    Win.

Nursery Crimes / 1-29-2013
    http://psychopathgame.proboards.com/thread/2169/day
    Loss.

A lot of those games aren't really relevant because the setups are so different or it was a really long time ago.

I advise you to take a look at the following games of mine where I was scum, a much more abbreviated list;

They are all much more recent, and it demonstrates how I usually play as scum.

TTT Blaze It / 4-20-2015
    http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/59...-13er-1526864/
    Relevance: Similar setup, but with no seer, ATPG wolf (victorious, survived) (Win)

Benneh Turbo 13er / 5-07-2015
    http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/59...-glgl-1530664/
    Relevance: Similar setup, but with true n0 peek from seer, ATPG wolf (near win at f5)
    Note: Under severe pressure, escapes lynches twice, causes many mislynches. One player's vote away from the win at f5. (Loss)

Visorslash's Return to Ciretako / 4-6-2015
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=545809
    Relevance: Some, demonstrates clutch wolf defense and deep wolfing and self-clearing as wolf. Replaced into the game in a seriously bad position and still won. (Win)
    There is a point to all of that which I gathered, there was a second part to my big opening salvo which, to be very honest, I never got around to.

I was analyzing all my scum games trying to find an objective pattern to what I do, so I could establish the sorts of things I typically do as scum, and I was going to abbreviate the list, and you would have been able to see there's no way to gather all the info in that list before I randed my role this game, so it had to have been done at least somewhat objectively.

Trouble is (and seriously, it's no trouble to me) I have been distracted almost every single day of my life since May 4th, because after Game 3 I met Sooh in the spectator chat and I've not stopped talking to her since.

She's away from work due to summer vacation so literally every day she's here and I want to talk to her way more than I care about this game.

To be blunt.

I still care but i never finished that analysis, barely ever got started. I wish I had that Askthepizzaguy scum meta thing to show you, it was the second part of my big ass plan for this game if I randed villager.

I'm sorry I let you guys down on that but I can still point out a little bit of what I found, just using the one game I managed to analyze.

Donk's Always Sunny / 5-24-2015 WIN 35

-Prefers real time interaction, but also likes to prepare an analysis
    -Real time interaction allows direct manipulation of other players, demonstrates ad-lib ability
    -Manipulative rather than solving real-time interaction
    -Asking non-solving questions
    -Content free / meta posts x8
    -Conversational but not solving x16
    -Subtle hints about experience level
    -Buddies up with other players slightly more than as villager (Still friendly as villa)
    -Logical argument defense
    -Asks why he is scummy
    -Talks about spewing himself villager but does nothing to do so
    -Purely defense post
    -Vote + no reasons given x2
    -Says someone is villagery doesn't say why
    -Fakepeek
    -Fakepeek is on a villager in current distress (manipulative toward that villager)
    -Asks a solving question x4
    -Clarifies a previously misinterpreted statement
    -Smudges a villager x2 (Smudge meaning paint as scummy but not vote them)
    -Defends a villager, doesn't give reasons x3
    -Joke post
    -Attacks a villager and pushes their lynch

Stuff I do as villager:
    Real time interaction, coupled with analysis
    Conversational but not solving (I do this a lot less though)
    Hints about experience level
    Cites specific examples from previous games in current argument
    Friendly but more solving
    Slightly more aggressive to much more aggressive depending on mood / WIM
    Logical argument defense
    Defends himself less, but when he does, does it strongly and then returns to attack ASAP
    Attempts very hard to defeat wolf meta and spew self villager
    Vote + No reasons given, for pressure.
    Fakepeek
    Asks more solving questions
    Clarifies where necessary
    Defends villagers but gives more reasons
    Jokes the same amount on average, can be more or less depending on tone of game
    This will be familiar to Achromatic / Sir Chris because I did quote it in the game I am in on MTGSalvation.

My game is very similar but only on the surface. I give a lot less in the way of reasons why someone is a villager, because if I make big fat cases why someone is a villager and then they turn on me, I can't plausibly turn around and say they're scum for suspecting me. Doing that removes your options and I'm very much a by the seat of your pants, all options on the table kind of scum. I'll defend a villager or say why a couple are, but rarely will I ever lock over half the game as villagers and then do well when my couple of suspects turn out to be village.

But that's all within the plausible range for my scum meta. I could break out of that and still be scum.

The real challenge for me this game is to do the one thing I'd never do as scum. One thing, that opening salvo, I would not have posted it if I randed mafia. That would have been a hard abort. I would simply have flown by the seat of my pants, confident in my real time abilities, no need to get fancy. This isn't really that fancy but it is a detriment to everything I'd want to accomplish as scum and it's plain to see why.

I had much longer, in-depth posts saved, but I remember that people are more skeptical of what I have to say and/or don't read it if I don't give them the short version. Yeah that was the short version. :P

Anyway. I've been up for hours in anticipation of this moment. I am so very excited I get to play this finale as the role I've wanted to play.

Make no mistake I feel okay about my chances if I had randed scum this game but, a room full of mostly strangers isn't going to find me quite as lovable or be as patient with me as my native folks, and you guys are all champions. I mean I joke about the unseriousness of it but you have to have wrecked several games as villagers or you wouldn't be here. What happened to Visor / No lynches and his team in game 4 was a real possibility to repeat and I didn't want to be on the business end of that.

I think I can do what I set out to do. Somehow I pulled off not being lynched on day 2 of game three because I showed what was going on in my heart and I managed to lock in on a much better lynchee. I plan on doing something similar this game, I'm here, I'm not going anywhere for the most part.

I had a chat with some folks pre-game about the kind of concerns they'd have if I pulled this strategy in a game with them, that's one of the reasons why I assembled a list of your likely concerns.

I know it's different and it's not what I did last game. Frankly I don't intend to fake another cop claim, I'm just going to hard claim cop at some point if I am that, and if I'm a normal villager I'm going to shutty uppy. I'm not playing to specifically draw the murder, or even give the cop cover, this time.

Fool me once, and all that, but more seriously, Banks and Yates got to lynch the final scum because they did NOT draw the murder. I want to be Banks or Yates this time, or at the very least, draw a murder and leave all the peeks on the board in the process.

That's my process for why I arrived at this move. I think I can find the final scums in the late game, and I want to be a part of that if possible. Not just tank a hit for someone else.

26. Bookmark ISO #26
    Community
    Canucks.com
    my fantasies about this game over the past couple months tended to feature a fast start. i am chomping at the bit to get this thread moving.
    In my qualifier game I dared to suggest skipping the random voting stage and everyone (except Majiffy) leaped on me for it.

(Also, I fantasized too. In mine I lasted until the final 3 and cast the deciding vote that wins the game.)

27. Bookmark ISO #27
    Community
    Canucks.com
    Regarding meta, I've only played (once) with Slendy and Fiction, and in turn only they have played with me and know mine a bit. I half-watched the other qualifying games, but barely remember them now.

So you guys may be able to use meta in your reads for each other, but I can't rely on it at all. I'm just going to do what I usually do, and prod gently until I spot something that I don't like, then tunnel, then back off when the self-doubt sets in, then prod around again.

28. Bookmark ISO #28
    Community
    that is so much more thorough an answer than i anticipated pizza. thanks for that. brb reading

29. Bookmark ISO #29
    Community
    obligatory past games references, if anyone cares:

my most recent true town game: https://rateyourmusic.com/board_mess...JaggedJimmyJay

was also town in the next game but got recruited, so eh

most recent scum game: https://rateyourmusic.com/board_mess...JaggedJimmyJay

30. Bookmark ISO #30
    Timezone
    Community
    Forums.totalwar.org

Askthepizzaguy, please hurry and answer my prior question. i am short on time, and you might be my only hope right now to make posts.
    I got you covered, I am tired as all hell because I was stressing this game until now. I set an alarm for 7:45 to get ready but man, if I had gotten that scum PM, I'd probably have gone back to bed. I seriously didn't even work on the opening posts I was going to prepare if I randed scum.

I seriously had nothing. Balls in my hand, that's about it.

I plan on being here for a while until I pass out. But when I wake up, I'm hoping there's enough discussion and activity in this thread for all to analyze, not just myself.

So I'm here to stir up the instant tea while there are enthusiastic folks here.

By the way thanks Jagged and Radishes for being here. And Sir Chris / Achromatic.

31. Bookmark ISO #31
    Community
    Canucks.com
    I'll be in-and-out for the next few hours. I have stuff to do and I'm going to do my best to focus on it, rather than get distracted by this game. But I won't entirely succeed.

32. Bookmark ISO #32
    Timezone
    Community
    Forums.totalwar.org
    I even came up with a system to help people actually read my damned posts. If I have more than four sentences to post I was going to do a TL;DR summary at the top and spoiler the long version.

I can actually do that if people want to. For my plan to have any worth, you seriously will have to read my posts this game so I'll do what I have to to make that a plausible option.

For as long as I can muster the self-discipline to do so.

33. Bookmark ISO #33
    Community
    Dragonmount / Jetnation
    Quote Originally Posted by Achromatic View Post
    I am going to get into a quick discussion that someone is going to adorably try to meta that I am disappointed that I rolled town all three of the games of this championship. I feel I am a much stronger scum player overall and really wanted to try some techniques.

I work four hours each week day in the marketing department of a company, but that means I have computer access. I try not to abuse this right, in the spirit of pizza's love of song insert "The Only Exception" by Paramore for you guys right here.

Be back after commute/working for a bit.

Also hello to JJJ and Verbal. Did I play with cue? I want to say yes but unsure.
    Heyoo, good to see you again!

I have had quite the whirlwind month. New job, new wow tier, busy busy. I... am trying to remember cue precisely.
    I won't derail the game with this, but it caught my attention. I also play WoW (prob too much). I knew I liked you for a reason, heh.
    "I aim to misbehave."

34. Bookmark ISO #34
    Community
    Dragonmount / Jetnation
    @Pizza - any reason your DM scum game is not included in your listing of scum games?
    "I aim to misbehave."

35. Bookmark ISO #35
    Community
    Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    Zaccino aka Zack is intimately familiar with my scum game, but. You can't rely on someone to vouch for me, you don't know their alignment. You judge me as best you can. You can trust you.
    werd. having a better grasp of this dynamic for everyone might serve me well though if circumstance is applicable (i.e. if someone is confirmed and their words can be taken as holy scripture). who have y'all played with already on this roster?

in this game i believe i have only played with my mates from Game 2 (Achromatic and Verbal), and just that one time.

36. Bookmark ISO #36
    Timezone
    Community
    Forums.totalwar.org

I requested off work, a lot of days. I will have to work a couple of short shifts this week, but mostly, I am completely available during the Day, and I intend to keep my naps short. Like, when I did the 20 hour marathon day in the previous round, except there's nothing stopping me from doing it again the next day or the next day. I can sleep 4 hours a night until this is done and most of my actual work will be during night phases, I hope. Gotta check the schedule.

I'm yours, and you're going to get sick of me. If I am not in this thread you have my permission to ask me why the hell wasn't I here. I'm glued to this game till I die.

37. Bookmark ISO #37
    Timezone
    Community
    Forums.totalwar.org
    werd. having a better grasp of this dynamic for everyone might serve me well though if circumstance is applicable (i.e. if someone is confirmed and their words can be taken as holy scripture). who have y'all played with already on this roster?

in this game i believe i have only played with my mates from Game 2 (Achromatic and Verbal), and just that one time.
    I have briefly played with Verbal and/or coached Sooh in a game Verbal was in,

I've played with Achromatic if he is Sir Chris at MTGS, and I think he is. Same avatar (on 2+2) as there. But the game's not over and I don't want to break any potential rules so I'll just say I have met him but we have no completed games together.

I have played with Banks if he makes it in, in game 3, same team. I was in game 3 with Coolkid so he's seen me village firsthand, and he's a wily bastard for fooling me. Hehehe. I've played with CPHoya pretty extensively and as different alignments, don't know how well he remembers me.

I've played with cue5c so my thing about not fake peeking me goes double for him.

And I've played with soah, although it was a long while ago and... too briefly.

I won't do that to you this game, soah. You'd have to mess up day one pretty badly.

38. Bookmark ISO #38
    Timezone
    Community
    Forums.totalwar.org

Zack you know I can't read you for ****. I just acknowledge that right off the bat. But I will try.

39. Bookmark ISO #39
    Community
    Quote Originally Posted by Verbal32 View Post
    @Pizza - any reason your DM scum game is not included in your listing of scum games?
    sup Verbal

does this strike you as a significant omission?

40. Bookmark ISO #40
    Timezone
    Community
    Forums.totalwar.org
    It is still a sore point.

To address it: I was doing very well in a game and then I was modkilled because, in my opinion, the game host did not understand what I was doing was a gambit, and not team sabotage. I addressed how my plan was valid post-game and the decision was not reversed.

I feel it should have been, but it's a dead issue. I will not include that game in any list of my games because I was unable to play that game due to that interference. Anything else is open season, please do not bring up this subject as a personal favor to me. tyvm in advance.

I will link the game if people absolutely need to see it but I'm not discussing it further, because it's not relevant and I am still emotionally invested in what happened.

41. Bookmark ISO #41
    Community
    Dragonmount / Jetnation
    sup Verbal

does this strike you as a significant omission?
    I don't know. My $0.02 is that I was town and accurately scum read him when he was playing very well, so maybe it means I'll have the same good fortune in this game if he's scum. Maybe not.

It is still a sore point.

To address it: I was doing very well in a game and then I was modkilled because, in my opinion, the game host did not understand what I was doing was a gambit, and not team sabotage. I addressed how my plan was valid post-game and the decision was not reversed.

I feel it should have been, but it's a dead issue. I will not include that game in any list of my games because I was unable to play that game due to that interference. Anything else is open season, please do not bring up this subject as a personal favor to me. tyvm in advance.

I will link the game if people absolutely need to see it but I'm not discussing it further, because it's not relevant and I am still emotionally invested in what happened.
    Fair enough.
    "I aim to misbehave."

42. Bookmark ISO #42
    Community
    time for work. see y'all in numerous hours.

coolkid

43. Bookmark ISO #43
    Timezone
    Community
    Forums.totalwar.org
    Quote Originally Posted by True Champion View Post
    USING THE SOFTWARE

VOTING FOR SOMEONE
    Vote for someone by using the vote tags: [ v ]Thingyman[ /v ]. This will give you this:

##Vote Thingyman
    You can also quickly paste these tags into the reply box by clicking on the box with a check mark icon as shown here:

As for vote counts, these will appear automatically in the thread at various intervals. Feel free to tag the Game Host (Ghost Vitruvius) if you want an updated vote count.

Not a valid vote on this board, JJJ.

Gotta use the vote tags, see the checkbox.

44. Bookmark ISO #44
    Timezone
    Community
    Forums.totalwar.org
    I feel like we're kids on a playground who are too awkward to come over, say hi, and play with toy trucks in the sandbox together, Verbal.

I'm here if you want to chat about life.

45. Bookmark ISO #45
    Bandwagoner
    Community
    Flash Flash Revolution

46. Bookmark ISO #46
    Timezone
    Community
    Forums.totalwar.org

There's not a lot of thread presence right now but I'm here to shoot the breeze, talk business, or fight in a cage match with you. Whichever you prefer.

47. Bookmark ISO #47
    Community
    Personality Cafe
    It's okay, I'm not that memorable. I'm too tired to actually post today, too, so I probably won't show up again until tomorrow. (Tuesday, not Day 2.)

48. Bookmark ISO #48
    Community
    Dragonmount / Jetnation
    I feel like we're kids on a playground who are too awkward to come over, say hi, and play with toy trucks in the sandbox together, Verbal.

I'm here if you want to chat about life.
    I don't feel awkward at all. I'm basically just waiting for everybody to check in so the game can begin. I already know that I'll wake up to a ton of content I'll need to catch up on tomorrow morning, so whatever 'quick reads' I can make before that happens will be a benefit to my eventual catchup. I'm in real-time during the work day, but I am very limited in the evening, night, and early morning (wife and 2 kids, you know the drill, lol). But I'll do my best. If I randed Cop again, scum are screwed. If I didn't, they might still be if my boys from game 2 are also townies with me. ;-)
    "I aim to misbehave."

49. Bookmark ISO #49
    Community
    Canucks.com
    I'm basically just waiting for everybody to check in so the game can begin.
    So you're basically just waiting for other people to start the conversation so you can choose when to join in? Because the game has begun.

50. Bookmark ISO #50
    Timezone
    Community
    Forums.totalwar.org
    I don't feel awkward at all. I'm basically just waiting for everybody to check in so the game can begin.
    Likewise.

There's not a lot of real content that can happen unless there are at least several villagers in the game at once or a good portion of them have posted. I may take a nap here if business doesn't pick up, set an alarm and only be asleep for a few hours.