Search:

Type: Posts; User: Raskolnikov

Page 1 of 60 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 0.19 seconds.

  1. #1132

    Thread: Current Staff

    by Raskolnikov
    Replies
    1,148
    Views
    206,076

    Sticky: Grats Nanook and Zack! Also lolz (can I spec the...

    Grats Nanook and Zack! Also lolz (can I spec the mod chat? prolly good Wire memes there)
  2. #69

    Thread: i'm zack, ama

    by Raskolnikov
    Replies
    168
    Views
    2,029

    lol think I played in Night of Blood and...

    Quote Originally Posted by Zack (#67)
    Quote Originally Posted by Visorslash (#38)
    how did you originally get into mafia?
    Way back when, I saw a random ad for Civilization Revolution (that's the Civ spin-off made for consoles in 2008) and thought it looked cool. Didn't have one of the consoles at the time, so got Civ 4 instead. Naturally, this led to me poking through the Civilization Fanatics Center forums (aka CivFanatics or CFC) for tips/strategy/mods/etc. Naturally, this eventually led to me posting on other areas of CFC, most notably the Off-Topic section. Naturally, I kept perusing further into the depths of the various forums and found the Forum Games section. Two of the games played were mafia (which was almost a completely different game from most sites) and Night of the Werewolves (NOTW, which was a mafia-variant based on the setting of the Fall From Heaven Civ mod and was generally complex role madness games that encouraged role-playing). Naturally, I thought it looked cool and decided to join.

    Looks like the first game I joined was NOTW XXVI: Children of Kylorin in July 2009, almost exactly 13 years ago (). I was a potato villa, host went MIA and game was abandoned.

    Next was NOTW XXVII: Night of Blood, also started in July 2009. Not sure what happened, looks like I posted 11 times and got subbed out at some point. Elite stuff.

    In August, ATPG started up a Mafia game that was more like a conventional mafia game, and unlike the weird "the mafia leave alternating true and false clues about their identities each night, kill as many people as there are mafia, and then everyone tries to decipher the clues and gets as many votes as there are mafia" games which were considered mafia on CFC at the time. Seems like I was again a potato villa who barely posted, though I did somehow manage to get Snerk yeeted day 2 out of pure OMGUS. Naturally, the wolves were shook by this level of thread pull and fearkilled me night 2, then went on to sweep.

    I didn't post again in the forum or join any new games after dying for awhile, and that may have been it as far as my mafia career if not for Camikaze running such an aggressive recruiting campaign for his January 2010 massive Lord of the Rings game that he PM'd me an invite and I said sure. Granted, I still wasn't any good (cut me some slack, I was 14 and my username was z4ckdabeast - what level of play were you expecting?), but this time it stuck and I played pretty much all the new mafia or NOTW games, and before too long started hosting my own games, running the queue for mafia games, started up the annual CFC Mafia/NOTW Awards, and became one of the most active/notable members of the community. Pretty sure I still stunk at this time, was more of the guy who hosts a bunch of games and organizes stuff. Looks like I won awards for best host and best contributor but no nominations for any of the skill-based player awards lol. I may have been a decent wolf, actually.

    At some point I also started playing on the Org, and TotalWarCenter for a time (while that was active), but I was mostly a CFCer.

    I think 2012 is around the time I became an actually decent player, that's when Pirate Ship Mafia 2 took place and some other games I remember doing well in as both alignments. I got a lone nomination for best all-around player, but nothing else. In 2013, I must have leveled up because I tied Visorslash for Best All-Around, came in 2nd for Best Villager, and won Best Wolf. (Among golds and silvers in various other awards I would be remiss not to mention in passing. )

    Really got started on MU in March 2016 when I joined a game on a whim because it was spring break and I had plenty of time to play on a site (I knew would be a huge jump in activity from what I was used to, so wanted to make sure I had plenty of time to adjust and keep up). From there I never looked back. If you're curious, here's a somewhat amusing chart of how many games I've played a year (excluding turbos) since 2015.



    Sorry for awkward grammar and run-on sentences, long hair don't care
    lol think I played in Night of Blood and Camikaze's Lord of the Ring. I do remember z4ckdabeast, it was hilarious (yeah cliché for a teenager).

    I actually think Night of Blood was my first game too (considering all the civ pals that were in this game I think it is the one yeah. lol lot of memories coming back from these names, Paulus III, Diamondeye, Niklas, Renata, Oyzar etc...). Rereading this, good think I quit posting high and/or drunk tbh.
  3. Replies
    29
    Views
    720

    Pushing it again to July 31th. (still waiting for...

    Quote Originally Posted by Raskolnikov (#29)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#28)
    ahh whoops i almost forgot about this

    think i can get something sent in by the end of the weekend
    You still have time btw. Deadline is extended to the 17th of July
    Pushing it again to July 31th. (still waiting for a couple of promised subs). I will rate them then and reveal will be made on discord the week end after (unless people can't attend)

    Time to shine!
  4. Replies
    29
    Views
    720

    You still have time btw. Deadline is extended to...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#28)
    ahh whoops i almost forgot about this

    think i can get something sent in by the end of the weekend
    You still have time btw. Deadline is extended to the 17th of July
  5. Replies
    29
    Views
    720

    yeah, but it was a long time ago, it doesn't...

    Quote Originally Posted by Shad (#26)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shad (#25)
    Oh dear me.

    I'd heard mention of this but never saw the thread.

    I'll find some way to crash this party in the next three days don't worry.
    I already posted in this thread lol
    yeah, but it was a long time ago, it doesn't count
  6. Replies
    74
    Views
    1,871

    Sign-Up /spec pls

    /spec pls
  7. Replies
    29
    Views
    720

    Hey guys. Bumping this, I may add a couple of...

    Hey guys.

    Bumping this, I may add a couple of weeks if needed (I have received 5 subs so far, lets make this a 10!)

    @Shad
    @hollowkatt
    @Ampharos
    @dunya
    @LoCal_Hero
  8. Postgame#4536

    Thread: MechWarrior Mafia - Game Thread

    by Raskolnikov
    Replies
    4,538
    Views
    24,089

    Completed A bit late, but thanks forvhosting Logic....

    A bit late, but thanks forvhosting @Logic. Enjoyable set up!

    WP all etc etc
  9. Replies
    892
    Views
    7,402

    Completed https://i.imgur.com/YRjpYEl.jpg

    Quote Originally Posted by nutella (#211)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raskolnikov (#210)
    ##Vote wiggles1993

    ##Vote nutella


    Quote Originally Posted by billymills (#213)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raskolnikov (#210)
    ##Vote billymills

    ##Vote wiggles1993

    ##Vote nutella
  10. Replies
    892
    Views
    7,402

    Completed https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:AN...

    Quote Originally Posted by nutella (#211)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raskolnikov (#210)
    ##Vote wiggles1993

    ##Vote nutella
  11. Replies
    892
    Views
    7,402

    Completed billymills wiggles1993 nutella

    ##Vote billymills

    ##Vote wiggles1993

    ##Vote nutella
  12. Replies
    892
    Views
    7,402

    Completed https://c.tenor.com/CTtuLMjonHoAAAAC/roger-attack....

    Quote Originally Posted by Sunbae (#168)
    Quote Originally Posted by benneh (#157)
  13. Replies
    892
    Views
    7,402

    Completed https://y.yarn.co/df14ab0f-b184-4f7d-83a6-a9ccb700...

  14. Replies
    892
    Views
    7,402

    Completed https://y.yarn.co/4aeb0656-c46d-4321-978f-d1a022c2...

    Quote Originally Posted by Viggorous (#60)
    Quote Originally Posted by Viggorous (#71)
    Quote Originally Posted by Viggorous (#111)
    Quote Originally Posted by Viggorous (#114)
    Quote Originally Posted by Viggorous (#142)
  15. Replies
    892
    Views
    7,402

    Completed KnightsofCydonia ...

    Quote Originally Posted by KnightsofCydonia (#88)
    @KnightsofCydonia

  16. Replies
    892
    Views
    7,402

    Completed nutella

    ##Vote nutella
  17. Replies
    892
    Views
    7,402

    Completed http://media.giphy.com/media/M9xR07U4XPZAY/giphy.g...

    Quote Originally Posted by nutella (#51)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boquise (#50)
    I am on a curiosity voyage and I need my paddles to travel.
  18. Replies
    892
    Views
    7,402

    Completed https://i.gifer.com/QUO7.gif

    Quote Originally Posted by nutella (#43)
  19. Replies
    892
    Views
    7,402

    Completed https://c.tenor.com/RyNkrk4-uccAAAAC/roger-america...

    Quote Originally Posted by Newcomb (#48)
    Quote Originally Posted by KnightsofCydonia (#28)


    ##Vote KnightsofCydonia


    ##Vote KnightsofCydonia
  20. Replies
    892
    Views
    7,402

    Completed https://c.tenor.com/1vmgLsCMN1gAAAAC/roger-america...

  21. Replies
    168
    Views
    3,738

    Ill have specs for G1 pls Sunbae ;)

    Quote Originally Posted by Sunbae (#157)
    I have sent a spec invite to everyone who inned as spec in this thread. If you are reading this and would like invited to it, either send me a message here or post in this thread
    Ill have specs for G1 pls Sunbae
  22. Replies
    168
    Views
    3,738

    https://c.tenor.com/V-GLNpBusKgAAAAC/dance-america...

    Quote Originally Posted by Sunbae (#155)
  23. Replies
    4,538
    Views
    24,089

    Completed why though? (beside it's not "the", it's "my")

    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate (#3036)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolby (#3029)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate (#3026)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolby (#3024)
    Like, the logical thing to do is just vote Rask and then that vote is plopped.

    But I don’t get there being any Logic for scum to do that in that portion of the thread
    I don't get this post, can you say it again?
    I’m looking at perplexity and am questioning why they plopped a vote in nominal null read Vorros instead of scum read rask
    Perplexity even if he may be town cannot leave the Poe unfortunately
    why though? (beside it's not "the", it's "my")
  24. Replies
    4,538
    Views
    24,089

    Completed well yes. admittedly this isn't my best village...

    Quote Originally Posted by Dolby (#3024)
    Like, the logical thing to do is just vote Rask and then that vote is plopped.

    But I don’t get there being any Logic for scum to do that in that portion of the thread
    well yes. admittedly this isn't my best village because I had no time D1 and have been constantly defending against void cases (blade/michelle), but I can't help thinking there are wolves going after me.
  25. Replies
    4,538
    Views
    24,089

    Completed Chocolate Teapot

    ##Vote Chocolate Teapot
  26. Replies
    4,538
    Views
    24,089

    Completed tbh this 4/5 of my wagon. park/leave/dgaf

    Quote Originally Posted by Dolby (#3020)
    There isn’t a context to the Vorros vote. This isn’t to say there’s any w/w going on here bc that vote made it 3-2 but still kinda whack but they leave for the day immediately after

    Still can be new town player things I guess
    tbh this 4/5 of my wagon. park/leave/dgaf
  27. Replies
    4,538
    Views
    24,089

    Completed Yes

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenTyranno (#3017)
    @Raskolnikov u willing to vote for Chocolate Teapot?
    Yes
  28. Replies
    4,538
    Views
    24,089

    Completed Read the first page of Vorros iso Dolb

    Read the first page of Vorros iso Dolb
  29. Replies
    4,538
    Views
    24,089

    Completed how many people voting me then leaving the thread?

    how many people voting me then leaving the thread?
  30. Replies
    4,538
    Views
    24,089

    Completed oh lol :facepalm:

    Quote Originally Posted by Vorros (#2998)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wurzel Scummidge (#2980)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorros (#2975)
    @Perplexity come defend yourself.

    Wurzel i think that you are underestimating teapot's consistency. Teapot doesnt give a full case in their posts, but they do point to things they find scummy about TGT. But I will grant you that their BK votes are questionable.
    I don't think Xity is showing up. I struggled to find much of a case on TGT and I read the first two pages of teapot's ISO twice
    it was this one fwiw
    oh lol
  31. Replies
    4,538
    Views
    24,089

    Completed Vorros the timing is still weird?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate Teapot (#2981)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raskolnikov (#2822)
    Teapot asking why we need to know who shot Santi is something (Nanook putting them back in line immediatly and following up with his 101 on the set up is a good look)
    I stand by my point, actually. I think people claiming their night targets (including the one who was actually shot) is a bad idea because it helps wolves predict who will shoot where in the long run, and since they can easily fake claim I'm not willing to give it town cred either. We don't know that they didn't activate MacDougall or Santy himself.

    I accept that Nanook has a different opinion and I have no desire to argue about it as that would get in the way of deciding who to vote for. Everybody can decide to claim or not as they see fit.

    @Raskolnikov


    Quote Originally Posted by Vorros (#2984)
    thats what im saying. Teapot is doing microreads, so they dont really have a big case after an iso on tgt.

    ##Unvote Perplexity
    @Vorros

    the timing is still weird?
  32. Replies
    4,538
    Views
    24,089

    Completed Because I am town. I do need your vote on one of...

    Quote Originally Posted by Dolby (#2990)
    Hollowkatt being tunneled on Rhand for 2 days might be bad actually but O need to read the context of stuff that led to it today which ain’t happening

    Vorros and Rask talk to me about why you don’t deserve my vote
    Because I am town. I do need your vote on one of Vorros, blade, Chocolate though. (the later being the most likely hit for me but not getting any traction smh, when they have done nothing but tunneling HK and me)
  33. Replies
    4,538
    Views
    24,089

    Completed I agree. HIs willingness to bite was villagery

    Quote Originally Posted by Dolby (#2986)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wurzel Scummidge (#2980)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorros (#2975)
    @Perplexity come defend yourself.

    Wurzel i think that you are underestimating teapot's consistency. Teapot doesnt give a full case in their posts, but they do point to things they find scummy about TGT. But I will grant you that their BK votes are questionable.
    I don't think Xity is showing up. I struggled to find much of a case on TGT and I read the first two pages of teapot's ISO twice
    I felt like TGT was good weird when I skimmed him d1 and agreeable
    I agree. HIs willingness to bite was villagery
  34. Replies
    4,538
    Views
    24,089

    Completed :popcorn:

    Quote Originally Posted by Dolby (#2983)
    Tomorrows Dolby (4) will be glorious bc I have a day off

    I don’t really like the perplexity wagon. I just thought of them as a weird new town slot for the most part

    I am not endorsing a cfd on my boy Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorros (#2984)
    ##Unvote Perplexity
  35. Replies
    4,538
    Views
    24,089

    Completed my point was not that. It looked like you were...

    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate Teapot (#2981)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raskolnikov (#2822)
    Teapot asking why we need to know who shot Santi is something (Nanook putting them back in line immediatly and following up with his 101 on the set up is a good look)
    I stand by my point, actually. I think people claiming their night targets (including the one who was actually shot) is a bad idea because it helps wolves predict who will shoot where in the long run, and since they can easily fake claim I'm not willing to give it town cred either. We don't know that they didn't activate MacDougall or Santy himself.

    I accept that Nanook has a different opinion and I have no desire to argue about it as that would get in the way of deciding who to vote for. Everybody can decide to claim or not as they see fit.

    @Raskolnikov
    my point was not that. It looked like you were denying people claiming the SANTI's kill should get a clear.
  36. Replies
    4,538
    Views
    24,089

    Completed Because I haven't been pinged by any of these...

    Quote Originally Posted by Vorros (#2979)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raskolnikov (#2967)
    add Nanook to the town pile. Perplexity too

    teapot/Vorros to the scum one and you that's basically where I am. I kinda agree kuti is too lay back here
    why did you just decide to yeet perp into the town pile? Like I know I'm pushing them in bad faith but i also made it clear that im pushing them in bad faith.
    Because I haven't been pinged by any of these posts? I don't think they have had any agenda. and yeah you hoping in was a good reason to post it in my eyes. (like you may say it's in bad faith, but the vote still exists, so is the wagon )
  37. Replies
    4,538
    Views
    24,089

    Completed because you felt more like the Boomer game than...

    Quote Originally Posted by Dolby (#2972)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raskolnikov (#2963)
    @Wurzel: TRs: DOlby, you. SRs: Michelle & Blade
    Why am I a townread and tbh I felt that Michelle’s slot was already on D1 different from the team mafia game where she was scum recently and kinda a wet fish. Mac read more than me though so if he sussed her fine
    because you felt more like the Boomer game than the TS game.
  38. Replies
    4,538
    Views
    24,089

    Completed You won't convince me I am scum. I'd rather have...

    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate Teapot (#2966)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raskolnikov (#2809)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate Teapot (#2727)
    On the one hand Raskolnikov was a wagon yesterday and the response to that was just like today, two other wagons springing up (and BlueKang's was definitely town). On the other hand he looks townie to me. On the other, other hand he's been active and talked about a lot and would be an informative flip either way.

    @Chocolate
    something something about teapot here.

    ("Raskol looks townie to me" but "would be an informative flip because active")
    The long version is: My initial take on you yesterday was that you felt townie. I'm reconsidering mostly because of how the wagons moved (but also because I townread the two people most vocally pushing you, Bladescape and Chocolate Michelle). I think you are a better yeet than for example Rhand, because with Rhand not being active much we have more to learn regardless of your alignment. I agree of course that yeeting scum is the best option, but not all of us are in agreement about who is scum, and some of us (very likely me among them) are wrong.


    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate (#2811)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raskolnikov (#2809)
    something something about teapot here.

    ("Raskol looks townie to me" but "would be an informative flip because active")
    Rask I saw that post and it was odd for me too.
    If anything, we don’t need an info chop, we have to chop a wolf.
    @Chocolate Teapot what info brings you a possible town flip from Rask?
    For one, that there's probably a scum between you and Bladescape, and that your initial assessment that Raskolnikov and Hollowkatt were doing scum theatre was wrong and you should leave that tunnel behind.

    @Raskolnikov @Chocolate

    ##Vote Raskolnikov
    You won't convince me I am scum. I'd rather have you vote blade or something more convincing tbh
  39. Replies
    4,538
    Views
    24,089

    Completed add Nanook to the town pile. Perplexity too ...

    add Nanook to the town pile. Perplexity too

    teapot/Vorros to the scum one and you that's basically where I am. I kinda agree kuti is too lay back here
  40. Replies
    4,538
    Views
    24,089

    Completed :popcorn:

    Quote Originally Posted by NANOOKTHECONQUEROR (#2964)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorros (#2948)
    well anyway if perp wont show up i wont vote an lhf. Id rather go Rask.
    Perplexity has ~200 posts lol
  41. Replies
    4,538
    Views
    24,089

    Completed @Wurzel: TRs: DOlby, you. SRs: Michelle & Blade

    @Wurzel: TRs: DOlby, you. SRs: Michelle & Blade
  42. Replies
    4,538
    Views
    24,089

    Completed Vorros

    ##Vote Vorros
  43. Replies
    4,538
    Views
    24,089

    Completed Maybe factor in the actual reasons people have to...

    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate (#2845)
    New omgus from Rask.

    What's the usefulness of thinking everyone who SRs you is a wolf if you are town? You don't have any effort to solve players, you just scumpaint whomever votes you.
    Maybe factor in the actual reasons people have to vote me. Kuti has none. anyway, l8r. hf
  44. Replies
    4,538
    Views
    24,089

    Completed $%#! it Kuti plz

    $%#! it

    ##Vote Kuti plz
  45. Replies
    4,538
    Views
    24,089

    Completed ok lol. and yes. I mean you are openly saying you...

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuti plz (#2839)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raskolnikov (#2837)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuti plz (#2836)
    ##Vote Raskolnikov
    I was about to post I keep going back and forth with your slot lol. (because the post before this vote is openwolfing, when u looked guenine yesterday about your BK read)
    Is it open wolfing? I am trying to do what I can do to help town and one of my top tr asked me to change my vote so I did. I'm not going to be around eod so idk what to tell you
    ok lol. and yes. I mean you are openly saying you have no reason to vote me on your own. Guess I will go back to watching TV. (I don't want to be mean, but what if your TR is a wolf, which MIchelle is)
  46. Replies
    4,538
    Views
    24,089

    Completed How did this read form btw, I just checked your...

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuti plz (#2836)
    ##Vote Raskolnikov
    How did this read form btw, I just checked your ISO and it looks like you are just sheeping blade? We have intereacted but I couldn't get what was your opinion about it? (like no follow up)

    Can you write it down pls?
  47. Replies
    4,538
    Views
    24,089

    Completed I was about to post I keep going back and forth...

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuti plz (#2836)
    ##Vote Raskolnikov
    I was about to post I keep going back and forth with your slot lol. (because the post before this vote is openwolfing, when u looked guenine yesterday about your BK read)
  48. Replies
    4,538
    Views
    24,089

    Completed oh lol these unvotes. I am giggling at Chocolate...

    Quote Originally Posted by hollowkatt (#2751)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate (#2537)
    Quote Originally Posted by hollowkatt (#2534)
    now the same. I'm IC what's your solve?
    You have Rask in bottom reads and you vote me. How can I believe you are IC?

    If i am wrong and you are villager I always chop Rask today anyway.
    After this, if he flips mafia, I have to check how the votes went in day 1 to have 2 townies as wagons at eod when Rask was a wagon who could go through pretty close to eod.
    I'd start here:
    oh lol these unvotes. I am giggling at Chocolate asking how my wagon vanished when they have been part of it.
    I am town so I am bound to think the wolves lie in the last unvotes smh. ("ok this guy is harder to yeet than what we thought, let's go AWOL BK"
  49. Replies
    4,538
    Views
    24,089

    Completed I wasn't home since friday 20th and today is mum...

    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate (#2829)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenTyranno (#2824)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuti plz (#2799)
    Hi all sorry for being MIA, it's memorial day weekend and I have made plans with my friends to do outside stuff because it's finally warm here and not rainy and cold.

    I am going to miss eod so I'm going to give content up till I leave for the picnic.
    For real guys don't misread the stagnant thread state. Memorial Day weekend is a big deal for US players.
    Probably is spreading worldwide because no one gives a $%#! about the game today
    I wasn't home since friday 20th and today is mum day, but you won't believe me
  50. Replies
    4,538
    Views
    24,089

    Completed who is pushing a narrative here? whatever I do or...

    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate (#2827)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate (#2825)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raskolnikov (#2821)
    And before you come and call me out for having still Vorros and Rhand in there, let me tell you it was kind of a reaction test. (not going to mention who denied it immediatly )
    I don't believe you
    You wanted just a reaction to push your narrative in a way or another.
    You would adapt your post to anything would come
    who is pushing a narrative here? whatever I do or tell you come up with reasons to scumread me. I am kinda sad to have explained that post because we could have gotten more from it. Your reaction is still a good start.
Results 1 to 50 of 3000
Page 1 of 60 1 2 3 4
about us
Mafia Universe is a community hub for people who enjoy playing the forum variant of Mafia (also known as Werewolf). We offer fully automated Mafia games and a wide variety of customized features crafted to optimize your game experience. We also proudly host the Internet's only database of Mafia/Werewolf communities.

We hope you stick around!
Role of the Day
Mugger

The Mugger is a mafia-aligned player that will gain the ability of any player killed by the mafia if they are the one carrying out the kill. The gained ability can be used only once by the Mugger on any future night, but the Mugger cannot kill and use a gained ability on the same night.