Search:

Type: Posts; User: mhsmith0

Page 1 of 60 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 0.10 seconds.

  1. Postgame#22219

    Thread: Fourth Annual B4ST4RD Mash - Isekai

    by mhsmith0
    Replies
    22,219
    Views
    151,475

    Completed It’s a bastard game. Can’t trust that sunbae...

    Quote Originally Posted by Shad (#22214)
    Quote Originally Posted by lendunistus (#22211)
    i was useless again

    if someone who signed up 3 weeks ago and had never played a drop of mafia had been in my slot, there would have been no difference
    Scoring a pelt while maximizing town info is for noobs. A more experienced player would have blasted Sunbae and Lukundo on yolo deep wolf gut reads.
    It’s a bastard game. Can’t trust that sunbae green flip anyway.
  2. Postgame#5759

    Thread: mountainado test game

    by mhsmith0
    Replies
    5,776
    Views
    34,416

    Completed Let’s see how those lazy smith reads played out ...

    Let’s see how those lazy smith reads played out


    Did nit read
    But soah is alive therefore scum


    Trying to imagine a wolf team that doesn’t kill soah by n2 at latest (ESPECIALLY after trans elim)
    Failing
    Meh I’ll check spoilers
    Welp
  3. Postgame#25030

    Thread: The Legend of Zelda

    by mhsmith0
    Replies
    25,109
    Views
    182,130

    Completed Very cool game, was fun to skim along and watch. ...

    Very cool game, was fun to skim along and watch. Congrats wolves!
  4. Replies
    23
    Views
    964

    Poll: The correct answer is to figure out who you...

    The correct answer is to figure out who you personally dislike more and then “discover” a reason to modkill them. Problem solved
  5. Replies
    10,312
    Views
    142,674

    Sticky: Completed Wow what a game!!!!!

    Wow what a game!!!!!
  6. Completed Gg

  7. Replies
    9,346
    Views
    154,681

    Completed Also Voxx goat

    Also
    Voxx goat
  8. Replies
    9,346
    Views
    154,681

    Completed Gg

  9. Postgame#51672

    Thread: Anniversary 2020

    by mhsmith0
    Replies
    51,829
    Views
    298,252

    Completed I was very much the #3 in the group and it was...

    Quote Originally Posted by Mantichora (#51652)
    Quote Originally Posted by Underking (#51651)
    Modrant?
    I never want to host anni ever again
    I was very much the #3 in the group and it was exhausting for me. Can’t even imagine how brutal it was for manti and bear. Amazing hosting work by those two.
  10. Postgame#51564

    Thread: Anniversary 2020

    by mhsmith0
    Replies
    51,829
    Views
    298,252

    Completed Gg Just an incredible effort from mid and late...

    Gg

    Just an incredible effort from mid and late game wolf team to turn it around. Amazing WIM and effectiveness.
  11. Replies
    5,091
    Views
    104,467

    Completed Gg RIP spec chat boq tunnel We shall miss you...

    Gg

    RIP spec chat boq tunnel
    We shall miss you
  12. Replies
    6,653
    Views
    113,766

    Completed What if I said ... that we still were (just as...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackofhearts2005 (#6397)
    Quote Originally Posted by nutella (#6383)
    All of specchat was sold on Jack wolf for like the whole game lol.


    I thought at least the last day ya’ll would be cheering me on.
    What if I said
    ...
    that we still were (just as a wolf)
  13. Replies
    6,653
    Views
    113,766

    Completed I refuse to believe modbot. The team was jack...

    I refuse to believe modbot. The team was jack and Tim trolling the thread for an easy f3

    HEE HOOOOOO!
  14. Replies
    5,345
    Views
    173,582

    Completed Gg was fun to watch

    Gg was fun to watch
  15. Replies
    3,194
    Views
    136,127

    Completed INCREDIBLE town performance, fantastic job to all...

    INCREDIBLE town performance, fantastic job to all involved!
  16. Strategy It’s like duplicate bridge but a poker version....

    It’s like duplicate bridge but a poker version. Tentatively /in
  17. Replies
    197
    Views
    6,348

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAsp4rn9QnM :p ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Shad (#51)
    Quote Originally Posted by bearsquared (#49)
    Kugane (Day) (FF14, new entry)
    You're Not Alone! (FF9, new entry)
    You can't pick both friendo :P



    When is rd 1 deadline btw? I suspect I’ll skip to rd 2 but not certain...
  18. Replies
    2,479
    Views
    102,193

    Completed Or did you... :p:think:

    Quote Originally Posted by Lissa (#2415)
    starting in like 5 min

    and yes i meant today goddamnit thingy
    Or did you...
  19. Replies
    1,013
    Views
    93,188

    Completed Montmorency My work computer now blocks MU and...

    @Montmorency

    My work computer now blocks MU and I find this to be PROFOUNDLY annoying, so I guess welcome to slank city on all sorts of things until/unless I make a laptop+monitor setup for a non work computer and put it next to my monitors on my home desk. So like, not never, but not in the immediate future (in related news, the earliest Strange Journey has any chance of starting is now 7/1 lol)

    I can't really speak for what everyone else in the hood would have done, as you saw from the hood link, it was mostly me yakking and like half the group hadn't checked in at all yet

    My orders intention was for me to use ranged weapon on the two zombiedogs in B13, and since my understanding was that dogs were 3 hp, AND that the special zombies (which they were i believe) did NOT get saving throws, I could realistically expect to kill at least one of the two. I had 2 shots per round, 2 damage each, accuracy -1, so we're talking about around 50% to hit both shots and get free first strike kill
    (oh right, the OTHER reason i figured they had 3 hp was that one of them got sniped and, by flavor, died to a single sniper shot previously)

    The bigger issue for that group was the stack of crimsonheads, so probably that's where sniper support was best focused

    The secondary issue was the fact that you hid despite us chatting a while about how important it was to search instead of hide. That, plus the fact that your group trusted jaleb for no particular reason that I could understand, gave me a pretty skeptical attitude towards your plans in general (i.e. i'd go along if it was in my interest, but i wasn't especially inclined to think it was a good idea just b/c you would have suggested it) (also, fwiw, with a search score of 4, you were around a coin flip to have seen ninjacow hiding on move 5 if you had chosen to search, though i would not have known that at the time, since I'd been under the mistaken impression the bugs were all carrying hide scores of like 10+) (among other things, shadow/dya and I had search of 10-11 and MISSED most of our search checks against them hiding, AND chris had search of 10 and, as far as we knew, missed all of HIS search checks [when in fact what actually happened was that on turn 8 he just didn't bother to take the free snipe of the hidden bug ] )
    (also, you outright expecting an ambush of hidden bugs, factoring that into your plan, and then actively choosing not to search, in lieu of a hide bonus that went away the second you unhid, i.e. a completely wasted move, would not have given me sunshiney feelings - though i guess the free stuff we got helped to overcome my feelings there )

    But the CRITICAL issue with the plan about what you and chox were to do was... Jaleb. Assuming that I ended up spilling the beans about him (or at least giving you a "well MAYBE he's a serial killer" compromise bit), a much more sensible order set would have been to write a conditional order to attack anyone on the hospital grounds who attacks a bunch of other people there (I presume that it would be realistic to submit orders to pizza that got to the point of it, even if there needed to be some back and forths)
    ALSO, if you're sniping anyone, you're not doing antyhing else, so you'd have been unable to help against hidden bugs (though I do agree that some clause of helping us would um... help )

    I also don't think it's any kind of realistic to get a group of villagers already in combat to yolo snipe gigante. My presumption is they would be taking some meaningful damage, and fighting gigante isn't QUITE a death sentence, but it's super dangerous even at full health, much less at "low health due to zombie combat". I think I'd have argued hard against that one, and I seriously doubt any of the new crew would have been willing to take that kind of risk for the sake of someone they just met.
  20. #71

    Thread: Corrupt a Wish

    by mhsmith0
    Replies
    73
    Views
    10,226

    you can now fly AND get superpowers. ...

    you can now fly AND get superpowers. Unfortunately you die when exposed to any green object.

    I wish for a working copy of the PS5 along with working copies of all games that will be released for it later this year.
  21. #69

    Thread: Corrupt a Wish

    by mhsmith0
    Replies
    73
    Views
    10,226

    You enjoy your eggnog, but the alcohol inside of...

    You enjoy your eggnog, but the alcohol inside of it forces to...
    GO TO SLEEP!!!



    I wish for a donut
  22. #67

    Thread: Corrupt a Wish

    by mhsmith0
    Replies
    73
    Views
    10,226

    You inherit an equal share of MU’s operating...

    You inherit an equal share of MU’s operating debt, and declare bankruptcy.

    I wish for more wishes.
  23. #64

    Thread: Corrupt a Wish

    by mhsmith0
    Replies
    73
    Views
    10,226

    MU gains self awareness and, thanks to its...

    MU gains self awareness and, thanks to its immortality, enslaves the human race, FOREVER

    I wish for my predictions to never be wrong.
  24. #32

    Thread: Balanced setups

    by mhsmith0
    Replies
    60
    Views
    4,150

    Oh yeah, well in that case it’s just a “lol too...

    Quote Originally Posted by Klopp (#31)
    Ooh, I see another difference then, our miller doesn't know he's a miller.
    Oh yeah, well in that case it’s just a “lol too bad so sad” thing I guess.
  25. #30

    Thread: Balanced setups

    by mhsmith0
    Replies
    60
    Views
    4,150

    As far as I’m concerned, a miller who doesn’t...

    As far as I’m concerned, a miller who doesn’t claim d1 deserves whatever he gets.
  26. Some amusing examples ...

  27. #27

    Thread: Balanced setups

    by mhsmith0
    Replies
    60
    Views
    4,150

    For MU, I would actually be extremely...

    Quote Originally Posted by Klopp (#17)
    Thank you for all the answers.

    The issue is that we don't have a locked number of players before the game is played, we make sign-ups and depending on how many players participate I decide the number of wolves and the PRs.

    For example now we're playing a game with 21 players, 5 scum, 1 cop, 1 vengeful (town-sided) vs Godfather and roleblocker (mafia).

    How balanced would you say it is? I think it's a bit scum-sided, however our comunnity needs a bit scum-sided setups as we know each other VERY well and playing scum is a big challenge for some of the players.
    For MU, I would actually be extremely uncomfortable with this setup, even as an open. POG stats (I think the link is now dead but it USED to exist) showed n0 cop “vanilla” setups getting increasingly wolfsided as the numbers increased; iirc 16/5 was in the 40-45% town win range.

    On top of THAT structure, you’re introducing two different objectively useful scum counters to the cop - godfather obviously can win a game by itself AND can be used to POE down a cop role, AND can be used to bury a fake green check on a buddy. Roleblocker can further POE down the cop role, as you can block any “might be a cop, might be mislynchable” role and then just see where the chips fall (plus a decent # of vanillagers who think they’re being seery might yolo guess Roleblocked, which can really help to narrow down the cop POE).

    If I balance that by making the most generous interpretation of vengeful (kills whoever killed h8m at night, cannot be roleblocked, as opposed to just a “picks a target to kill if lynched or shot”), it’s still substantially wolfsided by MU norms, especially because that only brings game to evens, which dampens the usefulness of the shot (kills a wolf but does NOT buy an extra mislynch)

    It might still be balanced for your community, but only if your community’s meta is extremely town friendly imo.
  28. #3

    Thread: Balanced setups

    by mhsmith0
    Replies
    60
    Views
    4,150

    For better and worse, setup balance tends to...

    For better and worse, setup balance tends to WILDLY vary by community. The MS wiki is a starting point, but you may well have different (or MUCH different) balancing norms than MS. Sorry there isn’t necessarily an easy cut and dry answer here.
  29. What is your favorite internet meme?

    What is your favorite internet meme?
  30. Replies
    1,013
    Views
    93,188

    Completed Oh you ain’t seen nothing yet on the archiving...

    Oh you ain’t seen nothing yet on the archiving stuff, what I shared is just like step one, after that is actually COMMENTING on things, which will be a meaningful time commitment I’d guess.

    I actually don’t recall the details of the plan anymore, but I’ll go and relook at stuff. MAYBE this weekend if I’m not stuck working, but we shall see...
  31. Step 1: Rand Wolf Step 2: Realize the playerlist...

    The Ten Worst Mislynches in Champs History and How to Avoid Them
    Step 1: Rand Wolf
    Step 2: Realize the playerlist is actually competent
    Step 3: Die a little more inside
  32. Apoc done, and i removed all the white text...

    @Apoc
    done, and i removed all the white text stuff so the headers are actually readable as well
    Quote Originally Posted by Helz (#1)
    This is a piece of an article I have been passively working on for quite a few years. I am posting it here to (hopefully) get feedback. If there are things I have left out that you feel should be included, things that are poorly explained, things you feel are flat out wrong, or any other criticism that comes to mind I would love to hear your thoughts.

    II. Fundamentals of Scum Hunting

    1. Intro
    One of the biggest misconceptions about scum hunting is that there is a ‘right’ or ‘most effective’ way to do it. What works for someone else may not work for you at all. With this in mind its all about finding what works for you. -But- There are some basic core differences between the Town and the Mafia that every player should hold as true; how you go about identifying them but it is a very personal journey every player must embark upon. This will outline a large portion of accepted 'Tells' and explain why they are alignment indicative to help assist you in figuring out a strategy for your personal approach to scum hunting.

    2. Types of Tells
    When attempting to divine hidden information people look for ‘tells’ or indicators of alignment. My take on scum hunting is that all real ‘tells’ will draw back to a few very specific but very critical differences between the Mafia and the Town. Below are what I consider the core fundamental differences and some things I consider alignment indicators with reasoning.

    A: Perspective:

    -Core Reasoning:
    • The Town players have to figure out who is on their team or who is their enemy
    • The Mafia players already knows who is and is not on their team, and generally have a good idea of the alignment of the rest of the players
    • The Town players are acting from a genuine and honest perspective
    • The Mafia players have to fake their perspective and deceive the town

    -Perspective Tells:

    Knowledge of Impossible Information(TMI)
    Occasionally you can peg a hard scum slip when a player has some information that should be impossible for them to know. If the player claimed that they are a doctor and somehow knows another players role there is a potential that they received the information from their mafia team. (Think before challenging a player on this as that you could out town power roles in the wrong situation)

    Gap Between Confidence and Reads
    Because they already know the players alignment they have to ‘make up reasoning’ to justify whatever position they take on the player they are talking about. This creates a situation where their conclusion is not based upon their reasoning. This gap can be identified by looking to see if their level of confidence matches their reasoning (Its often easier to identify this gap in their town reads)

    Handing out easy Town credit/reads
    Mafia players naturally have a tendency to throw out town credit with much less reasoning than they do as Town players. This is because there is a tendency to require less information to confirm a held belief than to establish a one. Additionally veteran scum players recognize the natural tendency for players to think along the same lines. The player who just got town read knows they are town and therefor they exercise the same bias when looking to see if the reasoning justified the conclusion. But as a 3rd party townie you can identify this because you do not know that either players alignment (or if your experienced enough and maintain the knowledge that their perspective shouldn’t just be confirming a known alignment you may be able to recognize it being done to you.) You can also factor in buddying/pocketing efforts although it is not the core reason this tell exists in my opinion.

    Town reading those who scum read them (counter to natural OMGUS)
    The natural subconscious reaction to a player accusing you of being scum when you are town is to view them as scum. This is because you know with certainty that you are Town and that if you were to be correctly read it should be identifiable. Your mind catastrophizes the interaction and jumps to the conclusion that the other player must therefore be scum. But this is not true for the Mafia alignment. They know that they are scum and they know that the player accusing them is town. This difference can be identified in the way they respond to pressure; particularly in the early game where a town player would have no significant read on others alignments or in the later game when the player has expressed they read the player accusing them as scum prior to the interaction. If their defense does not come from a perspective that you would identify as questioning their accusers alignment and they have not expressed a belief that the accusing player is town you should take notice. (This is more effective on newer players who’s reaction to pressure is less guided by experience, particularly if their meta has a ‘everyone is guilty until proven innocent’ nature to it.)

    Disassociated Presentation
    This is a commonly known indicator that is created as a result of the scum player not speaking from their own perspective. Scum players will consciously consider how a town player would say what they are looking to say and unintentionally slip, speaking from the perspective they are thinking from. This is easily noticeable when words such as ‘They, you, your’ are used in place of ‘I, My, Me.’

    Lack of Natural flow to speech
    This is also a result of the scum player not speaking from their own perspective. The information they are communicating is transformed from their perspective to the perspective they are presenting from. You may notice that the communication is just kind of awkward or out of place. Maybe there’s broken thought processes or some things just don’t quite connect in a normal way. Regardless it’s a red flag you should take notice of.

    Lack of consistency
    This is a pretty strong indicator that reflects a disconnect between what the player says and what they do. Town players are generally consistent because their actions come from an honest place. If they scum read a player they will be willing or even eager to lynch them; or if they town read a player they may make an effort to defend them. For scum it is much more difficult. They have to keep track of all the fake positions they take and stick with those positions. I don’t think I have ever read through a game and not found at least some inconsistency’s in a scum player. Some of it is a result of evolving conditions such as being forced to choose between a player they voiced that they read as town and their scum team mate. In those situations you can often see a gap between the voiced reasoning for them changing their perspective and what would be natural. Scum players also slip sometimes by forgetting what position they took earlier.

    Neutral Hunting
    This occurs when a team scum specifically hunts for a neutral killing. Many players do it because the neutral really is a threat to them but also because it gives them something to genuinely hunt. They no longer have to fake reads or worry about speaking from a perspective that is not their own and can act somewhat naturally; but this can also be identified if you notice the player is very specifically jumping to the conclusion that their read indicates a neutral. The natural perspective on a read would be that the player is some kind of evil or even not town making this a decent tell.

    Freezing
    This is more specific to turbos or EOD when chat is fast paced but scum can often freeze up in response to pressure. A scum called out on a slip may need some time to figure out how he can justify his slip while a town needs no time to think and can simply be honest.

    Flailing
    Because scum have to make up their reads / reasoning they can be caught in a slip. Once caught they will have to justify their position which can result in flailing. You may notice them constantly adjusting their warrant or grounds saying that you do not understand or even adjusting their initial claim. This can often be identified by breaking down their argument. If they change their claim check their warrant to see if it supports the adjusted claim. This can also occur when they have taken a position with a lack of reasoning and are later forced to justify that position and fail to do so in a way that appears natural.

    B: Intention:

    -Core Reasoning:
    • The Town players objective is to figure out who is on their team or who their enemy is and eliminate those players
    • The Mafia players objective is to avoid being identified/lynched, keep their team mates from being identified/lynched.
    • The Mafia has no obligation to do anything but survive the day cycle until night so they can kill another player.

    -Intention Tells:

    Focus on Self Preservation
    This is both extremely common as well as easy to identify. Scum players core motivation is to stay alive while towns is to eliminate scum- even if it means sacrificing themselves. You can often identify this behavior by looking at the players focus as pressure builds (especially if its nearing the end of the day and they recognize they could very easily be on the chopping block.) Experienced town players will generally focus on forwarding their win condition even if it means their death. They may do things like push their reads with the knowledge that their demise will reveal their role, making their words come from a ‘confirmed town’ and recognizing that they will be taken more seriously. You will also see experienced players scum hunt while they are defending reflecting that their focus is not exclusively on ‘staying alive.’ In contrast scum players (especially inexperienced ones) will only say and do things in an attempt to avoid the lynch. If they feel that they have been had they will sometimes just completely shut down and stop interacting all together.

    Lack of Scum Hunting
    Novice scum can often make the mistake of not pretending to solve the game. This can be a reflection of there being no motivation for the player to identify scum because they have no need to. Look for players who pop in and seem to kind of 'hang out' / interact as if waiting for someone to give them something to do.

    Information Instead of Analysis (IIOA)
    Similar to a lack of scum hunting some scum players will spend time and effort organizing information instead of analyzing information. This allows them to show effort with a focus on reducing entropy while also shifting information, perspective, and avoiding many of the tells that come with scum hunting. Favoring information will always be a pattern for deductive scum hunters especially in the PR setups hosted here but a lack of inductive reasoning should be a red flag.

    Hyperawareness of others perception of them
    Scum players are naturally hyperaware of how others view them. Everything they post can be taken from the mindset of ‘how will the town view this’ and they take special note when others voice concerns about them. This can sometimes come out as unnatural jumps to address any issue raised about them and can also be reflected in the way they speak about themselves.

    Intent to lynch
    Because scum players want to eliminate players with little consideration to who they can often be too opportunistic. They also have incentive to avoid voting on a scum team mate and will instead have motivation to be on the counter wagon. This action pays off for them well if the lynch is avoided in that they can not even be seen doing it unless it fails. These behaviors are most easily identified with wagonomics although a lynch-happy attitude can sometimes be identified.

    Focus on 1 player
    Some scum just peg 1 player to scum read. This allows them to appear as if they are attempting to solve the game while also not dealing with the natural counter push / OMGUS that comes when you scum read a town. I most easily seen this in low activity scum.

    Pillow Pushing
    I often see scum players pushing on a player until the first moment of resistance arises and then dropping the issue. This happens because their intention was never to push the player but rather to be seen pushing the player and when they are pressured on it they have no reasoning to create conviction as well as little motivation to draw attention to themselves. This also happens when some scum try to bus.

    Mirroring
    Because scum players have to fake their scum hunting they often take cues from the town players reads. Novice/Lazy scum will often just grab the general positioning of read walls and present them as their own or just regurgitate what the rest of the town has voiced when asked for an opinion. This is easy to identify if your active enough to really understand the gamestate and much more incriminating as the game progresses. If you notice a player is not generating original thought step back and in-context iso them to check for this behavior.

    C: Association:

    -Core Reasoning:
    • The Mafia players have a known Team that they can work with and a shared chat to coordinate activities
    • The Town players usually have no team they coordinate with
    • The Mafia Players have a vested interest in keeping their team mates alive

    -Association Tells:

    Building a counter-train
    Experienced scum players will sometimes deflate the pressure on their team mates by instigating pressure on another player to distract from the situation. This generally works well and is difficult to nail down until the mid-end game where a pattern of it occurring can be identified but is something that can be noticed and bring up the question of if you should look closer into this players associations, especially in post flip analysis.

    Coordinated actions
    Good Mafia teams will use their special chat to coordinate some basic outlines of intentions. Things like which players to focus on lynching are often established prior to the day starting. Fortunately for the town these types of coordinated actions can become identifiable after enough time has progressed. Vote pattern analysis can also point to this.

    Unnatural interactions(Puppet Show)
    Anyone who has ever taken a theater class has seen some really terrible acting that is so awkward, it makes you feel awkward just watching it. Thats the kind of feeling I can get when watching 2 scum play out some rehearsed interaction.

    Aversion
    What a player does not say is sometimes more important to notice than what they do. You will can notice scum players intentionally avoiding situations or discussions because they would be very uncomfortable to deal with. Examples could range from someone bringing up analysis of the votes in a lynch or maybe the entire train on one of their scum team mates. They may not want to get their scum buddy lynched but more than that they really don’t want to be associated with trying to prevent him from being lynched so they just avoid the situation entirely. This aversion is difficult to notice in the moment but can more easily be identified as the game progresses. I personally find aversion to be much more common than coordination and very particularly am critical of a Power Wolf who has massive interactions and reads yet strangely avoids talking to or about a few players. I believe this aversion comes from being forced to either bus or make up a fake read that ties them together when reading a team mate.

    IronMan
    Ironman is the opposite of strawman in terms of presenting someones argument. Teamscum will sometimes present their team mates defense as stronger than it is when speaking about their thoughts on that players case. This allows a strong speaker or a townread speaker to deflate pressure on a team mate and can be noticed by comparing the discussed players argument with the teamscums and identifying creative contributions to the original defense.

    3. Conclusion

    You should consider the implications of the setup on how you scum hunt. If the setup changes a core reason for a scum hunting tell you should take time to consider how that must change the way you scum hunt.

    Above all else you need to honestly evaluate your own play to figure out what works for you. If you dont reread your games you will be prone to bias in what you think works for you. This often results in players using techniques that just do not work for them and can really submarine their impact on games. Practice only helps you improve if you are able to recognize your mistakes so you can learn from them.

    I am not going to say that this list includes every tell but I will say that I believe any scum hunting tell should draw back to a core difference. If yours do not you may want to reconsider it. Even if you disagree with how I look at scum hunting I believe you should be able to justify the tells you use to others, so that you can push lynches. If your position is not tenable you may be doing something very wrong.
  33. Some more thoughts on various pieces of the...

    Some more thoughts on various pieces of the article (spoilering b/c lengthy)

    Quote Originally Posted by Helz (#1)
    …One of the biggest misconceptions about scum hunting is that there is a ‘right’ or ‘most effective’ way to do it. What works for someone else may not work for you at all. With this in mind its all about finding what works for you. -But- There are some basic core differences between the Town and the Mafia that every player should hold as true; how you go about identifying them but it is a very personal journey every player must embark upon..
    I agree w/ this
    Quote Originally Posted by Helz (#1)
    2. Types of Tells
    When attempting to divine hidden information people look for ‘tells’ or indicators of alignment. My take on scum hunting is that all real ‘tells’ will draw back to a few very specific but very critical differences between the Mafia and the Town. Below are what I consider the core fundamental differences and some things I consider alignment indicators with reasoning.

    A: Perspective:
    -Core Reasoning:
    • The Town players have to figure out who is on their team or who is their enemy
    • The Mafia players already knows who is and is not on their team, and generally have a good idea of the alignment of the rest of the players
    • The Town players are acting from a genuine and honest perspective
    • The Mafia players have to fake their perspective and deceive the town
    I agree w/ this
    Quote Originally Posted by Helz (#1)
    -Perspective Tells:
    Knowledge of Impossible Information(TMI)
    Occasionally you can peg a hard scum slip when a player has some information that should be impossible for them to know. If the player claimed that they are a doctor and somehow knows another players role there is a potential that they received the information from their mafia team. (Think before challenging a player on this as that you could out town power roles in the wrong situation)
    I disagree w/ this; mafia are generally likelier to be careful w/ what they’re saying. In my entire career I can think of a single legitimate “scum slip”, and even that was the weirder situation where a wolf was unaware of a piece of information that the TOWN had bright and center in their role pms (and that was just because he didn’t bother reading the game rules lol)
    Most “scum slips” are actually town slips, because town is incautious about speculating and thinking out loud, and if you’re looking for “slips” it’s easy to see it as TMI when in fact it is not

    Quote Originally Posted by Helz (#1)
    Gap Between Confidence and Reads
    Because they already know the players alignment they have to ‘make up reasoning’ to justify whatever position they take on the player they are talking about. This creates a situation where their conclusion is not based upon their reasoning. This gap can be identified by looking to see if their level of confidence matches their reasoning (Its often easier to identify this gap in their town reads)
    Sometimes, though many townies have sloppy processes that are unexplained and not even fully thought through on their own end. This feels like more of a “bad play” tell than a true AI tell.

    Quote Originally Posted by Helz (#1)
    Handing out easy Town credit/reads
    Mafia players naturally have a tendency to throw out town credit with much less reasoning than they do as Town players. This is because there is a tendency to require less information to confirm a held belief than to establish a one. Additionally veteran scum players recognize the natural tendency for players to think along the same lines. The player who just got town read knows they are town and therefor they exercise the same bias when looking to see if the reasoning justified the conclusion. But as a 3rd party townie you can identify this because you do not know that either players alignment (or if your experienced enough and maintain the knowledge that their perspective shouldn’t just be confirming a known alignment you may be able to recognize it being done to you.) You can also factor in buddying/pocketing efforts although it is not the core reason this tell exists in my opinion.
    I’m not sure I agree w/ this. I think it’s fairly null to give out easy/lazy town credit, though I can certainly be persuaded otherwise.
    What I *DO* think can be AI is when people give out town credit for things that aren’t legitimately town-indicative but SEEM like they’re town-indicative when you’re not putting actual thought into it. Surface-level villagery-looking stuff, for instance, where an actual villager might be paranoid about it being faked, but a wolf just blazes through and says it’s town because they’re not actually trying to think about alignment.
    Note that this can run counter to the fact that some people have lazy or crappy tells that they lean on when they’re solving for real, and it can sometimes be difficult to tease out “oh this person is just being lol” from “this person has TMI”
    Perhaps paradoxically, this sort of thing can be a bit easier to wrap your head around when dealing with a relatively competent player, because you can more easily get into the space of “well If they were town, they just wouldn’t be doing this”


    Quote Originally Posted by Helz (#1)
    Town reading those who scum read them (counter to natural OMGUS)
    The natural subconscious reaction to a player accusing you of being scum when you are town is to view them as scum. This is because you know with certainty that you are Town and that if you were to be correctly read it should be identifiable. Your mind catastrophizes the interaction and jumps to the conclusion that the other player must therefore be scum. But this is not true for the Mafia alignment. They know that they are scum and they know that the player accusing them is town. This difference can be identified in the way they respond to pressure; particularly in the early game where a town player would have no significant read on others alignments or in the later game when the player has expressed they read the player accusing them as scum prior to the interaction. If their defense does not come from a perspective that you would identify as questioning their accusers alignment and they have not expressed a belief that the accusing player is town you should take notice. (This is more effective on newer players who’s reaction to pressure is less guided by experience, particularly if their meta has a ‘everyone is guilty until proven innocent’ nature to it.)
    Paging @beruru on aisle five

    The joke here is that beru has a tendency to town read the people who push them and wolf read the people defending them
    I don’t think beru is alone in this

    I sort of think this is a valid tell for some people, but think it belongs more in the meta category of understanding the process a particular player is likely ot have as town and whether that fits behavior here. I’m skeptical it’s meaningfully AI over an entire population

    Quote Originally Posted by Helz (#1)
    Disassociated Presentation
    This is a commonly known indicator that is created as a result of the scum player not speaking from their own perspective. Scum players will consciously consider how a town player would say what they are looking to say and unintentionally slip, speaking from the perspective they are thinking from. This is easily noticeable when words such as ‘They, you, your’ are used in place of ‘I, My, Me.’
    … maybe? This feels like more of a newbscum tell than anything else, though I certainly could be wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by Helz (#1)
    Lack of Natural flow to speech
    This is also a result of the scum player not speaking from their own perspective. The information they are communicating is transformed from their perspective to the perspective they are presenting from. You may notice that the communication is just kind of awkward or out of place. Maybe there’s broken thought processes or some things just don’t quite connect in a normal way. Regardless it’s a red flag you should take notice of.
    I agree w/ this. I like the following as a good example:

    Quote Originally Posted by Soah
    Spiff was doing stuff that you just don't see wolves actually do -- claiming a PR with still 24 hours remaining on d1 and openly antagonizing the people pushing him the hardest, rather than just slink away and wait for a shiny object to appear that drags the votes away from him



    Cron was working super hard at developing his reads and he had the proper emotional investment in what he was doing. I don't feel like pulling up his posts to cite specific examples, so let's just talk again about the Trundle thing. He soulreads a guy as a wolf based on one post and has four reasons for it, and he's super proud of himself and patting himself on the back for it. Wolves aren't trying that hard to develop quick reads and they tend to struggle to come up with that level of insight and they aren't good at getting the subtle emotions right. And his whole day was full of things like that. Cron has played several wolf games on this site and his posting was bland and forgettable each time.



    I don't have time to adequately respond to that post but one thing I can say quickly is that when I'm talking about emotions, I'm specifically excluding anger. It's the easiest emotion to fake and it's one that is often not alignment-indicative even when it is genuine, unless it can be traced to an origin in something distinctly villagery.

    Emotions like pride, paranoia, surprise, suspicion, etc, are more difficult to fake. Wolves often fail to even identify spots in which emotion should be present in their posting, and their efforts at actually displaying more complex emotions are often quite clumsy, for example by stating their supposed feelings rather than displaying them.

    But in the case of Cron, a lot of what was clearing for him was just the sheer depth and breadth of his reads and interactions. It's just hard to fake that much content so quickly and make it sound good. And few wolves are ever going to stalk other players' online statuses in order to catch lurkers.
    Smith Inserts the Relevant Cron Quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Cron
    Quote Originally Posted by Trundle
    Well, here we go again. I'm glad there is not 100 pages in the first hour.

    Based on post count alone and higher aggression, different tone in his lost, Emberguard is very likely town.
    I agree with the ember read but your first post this game does not impress me like it did in Transformers.

    If trundle flips mafia, consider ember town.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cron
    Quote Originally Posted by LordJvK
    Cron, one little wolf tell I've picked up on over time is how a lot of them vote for a bro very early. It's long-game cover and anti-spew, but you'd be alarmed at how many wolves vote for a wolf as their very first action in any given game.
    I think it's more likely that mafia just gave an easy read (ember acting very differently this game) as a spew than they're both mafia.

    And yes I think trundle is mafia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cron
    Quote Originally Posted by champ2947
    Quote Originally Posted by Cron
    Quote Originally Posted by LordJvK
    Cron, one little wolf tell I've picked up on over time is how a lot of them vote for a bro very early. It's long-game cover and anti-spew, but you'd be alarmed at how many wolves vote for a wolf as their very first action in any given game.
    I think it's more likely that mafia just gave an easy read (ember acting very differently this game) as a spew than they're both mafia.

    And yes I think trundle is mafia.
    Off one post?
    Yep. Get on my level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cron
    Why trundle is mafia based on 1 post:

    1. Relieved there isn't a flood of posts to read yet gives hardly any content.
    2. Only gives an easy tone read on ember, easy to fake as mafia.
    3. Content is very lacking compared to his town game in transformers
    4. Still has yet to respond to me calling him mafia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cron
    Quote Originally Posted by Trundle
    Quote Originally Posted by Cron
    Why trundle is mafia based on 1 post:

    1. Relieved there isn't a flood of posts to read yet gives hardly any content.
    2. Only gives an easy tone read on ember, easy to fake as mafia.
    3. Content is very lacking compared to his town game in transformers
    4. Still has yet to respond to me calling him mafia.
    Reasonable, but I disagree.
    1. I'm in Computer Science and there are exams right now. I don't have time for an overly busy game like Transformers. I figured this one would be less busy simply do to what happened last game. This is why I am relieved. Also, do to the fact that there isn't all the much content yet, I did not have much to go off of, but I did give a read which is more than nearly anyone else had done so far.
    2. Any town reading another town as town is easy to fake as mafia reading a town as town.
    3. What content? It was my first post of the game and I was just checking in.
    4. I was offline.

    It seems to me that you're just reaction testing me because my post wasn't as long as it was last time. Also, I haven't read the rest of the thread yet, so just give me a second and if anyone else joined bandwagon I'll respond shortly.
    I am reaction testing a bit, and you failed miserably.

    You've been online in MU for 45 minutes, I saw on main page, so saying you were offline until now is a blatant lie.

    Your demeanor is far too calm. Watching you post in dead chat on transformers and post game, the salt levels were off the charts. Yet now in a new game, you're completely mellow and not upset at all with the fact you are being pushed on my multiple people.

    I think this post is very well thought out and carefully constructed, but there's no trace of emotion anywhere. You scrubbed your response to make it sound articulate, but you forgot to add any feeling.

    Trundle should be a wagon today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cron
    I don't know why you're doubling down on being offline. I saw you online for an extended period of time starting around 10:30 eastern. The reason I remember this is because I was waiting around for your response for 15 minutes and saw you still online during that time.

    Ok great, my accusations are nonsense and distracting town. Do you have any other reads outside of ember?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cron
    Quote Originally Posted by Trundle
    Quote Originally Posted by Cron
    I don't know why you're doubling down on being offline. I saw you online for an extended period of time starting around 10:30 eastern. The reason I remember this is because I was waiting around for your response for 15 minutes and saw you still online during that time.

    Ok great, my accusations are nonsense and distracting town. Do you have any other reads outside of ember?
    I think Alette's posting is very sketchy, but from last game I just think she always sounds like she is mafia. I have a feeling that most of the mafia have not posted much yet. 3 people have not posted yet, and 4 people are between 1-2 posts. I am very neutral on Revival.
    So three mafia within 0-1 post count, 1 mafia higher post count?

    I feel like you aren't trying to solve the game. Your reads are alette is scummy but she posts scummy so I dunno and revival is null. Why aren't you creating town lists in your head?



    Quote Originally Posted by Helz (#1)


    Lack of consistency
    This is a pretty strong indicator that reflects a disconnect between what the player says and what they do. Town players are generally consistent because their actions come from an honest place. If they scum read a player they will be willing or even eager to lynch them; or if they town read a player they may make an effort to defend them. For scum it is much more difficult. They have to keep track of all the fake positions they take and stick with those positions. I don’t think I have ever read through a game and not found at least some inconsistency’s in a scum player. Some of it is a result of evolving conditions such as being forced to choose between a player they voiced that they read as town and their scum team mate. In those situations you can often see a gap between the voiced reasoning for them changing their perspective and what would be natural. Scum players also slip sometimes by forgetting what position they took earlier.
    I’m with Newcomb here. If anything, consistency is something of a scum tell. Maybe really lazy wolves forget what they were even arguing, but this feels like more of a mislynch tell than anything else *shrugs*

    Quote Originally Posted by Helz (#1)
    Neutral Hunting
    This occurs when a team scum specifically hunts for a neutral killing. Many players do it because the neutral really is a threat to them but also because it gives them something to genuinely hunt. They no longer have to fake reads or worry about speaking from a perspective that is not their own and can act somewhat naturally; but this can also be identified if you notice the player is very specifically jumping to the conclusion that their read indicates a neutral. The natural perspective on a read would be that the player is some kind of evil or even not town making this a decent tell.
    Ehhhhh… maybe. I’ve definitely seen it sometimes in mashes, but the only one that really jumps to mind was when a wolf under pressure started screaming about neutrals. And I’m sure that it pops up from townies sometimes (I have a strong recollection of [CORRECTLY] being very concerned about neutrals in anni 2018 and eating a bunch of $%#! from people b/c they thought it was wolfy or something)

    Quote Originally Posted by Helz (#1)
    Freezing
    This is more specific to turbos or EOD when chat is fast paced but scum can often freeze up in response to pressure. A scum called out on a slip may need some time to figure out how he can justify his slip while a town needs no time to think and can simply be honest.
    This is probably reasonable, especially for rusty wolves or newer wolves. I think it’s much more of a turbo thing than anything else though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Helz (#1)

    Flailing
    Because scum have to make up their reads / reasoning they can be caught in a slip. Once caught they will have to justify their position which can result in flailing. You may notice them constantly adjusting their warrant or grounds saying that you do not understand or even adjusting their initial claim. This can often be identified by breaking down their argument. If they change their claim check their warrant to see if it supports the adjusted claim. This can also occur when they have taken a position with a lack of reasoning and are later forced to justify that position and fail to do so in a way that appears natural.
    Blatant flailing is probably NAI at worst. Lots of townies flail under pressure. But I do agree that pushing people on their logic and seeing if it holds true, or, if it doesn’t, WHY it doesn’t, can be a useful exercise. But you have to be willing ot have an eye towards sifting bad town from wolves.

    Quote Originally Posted by Helz (#1)
    -Core Reasoning:
    • The Town players objective is to figure out who is on their team or who their enemy is and eliminate those players
    • The Mafia players objective is to avoid being identified/lynched, keep their team mates from being identified/lynched.
    • The Mafia has no obligation to do anything but survive the day cycle until night so they can kill another player.
    I agree w/ this
    Quote Originally Posted by Helz (#1)


    -Intention Tells:
    Focus on Self Preservation
    This is both extremely common as well as easy to identify. Scum players core motivation is to stay alive while towns is to eliminate scum- even if it means sacrificing themselves. You can often identify this behavior by looking at the players focus as pressure builds (especially if its nearing the end of the day and they recognize they could very easily be on the chopping block.) Experienced town players will generally focus on forwarding their win condition even if it means their death. They may do things like push their reads with the knowledge that their demise will reveal their role, making their words come from a ‘confirmed town’ and recognizing that they will be taken more seriously. You will also see experienced players scum hunt while they are defending reflecting that their focus is not exclusively on ‘staying alive.’ In contrast scum players (especially inexperienced ones) will only say and do things in an attempt to avoid the lynch. If they feel that they have been had they will sometimes just completely shut down and stop interacting all together.
    I somewhat agree with this, but I’ve seen plenty of villagers be hyper defensive and self focused, regardless of whether the situation justifies it. GOOD town play is to be useful and solving even under fire, but bad town play fits the above just as well as wolf play does.

    Quote Originally Posted by Helz (#1)
    Lack of Scum Hunting
    Novice scum can often make the mistake of not pretending to solve the game. This can be a reflection of there being no motivation for the player to identify scum because they have no need to. Look for players who pop in and seem to kind of 'hang out' / interact as if waiting for someone to give them something to do.
    I agree w/ this, though much more for newbier wolves
    Quote Originally Posted by Helz (#1)
    Information Instead of Analysis (IIOA)
    Similar to a lack of scum hunting some scum players will spend time and effort organizing information instead of analyzing information. This allows them to show effort with a focus on reducing entropy while also shifting information, perspective, and avoiding many of the tells that come with scum hunting. Favoring information will always be a pattern for deductive scum hunters especially in the PR setups hosted here but a lack of inductive reasoning should be a red flag.
    Primarily a newbie wolf tell I think, but there’s still some validity to it in general I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Helz (#1)
    Hyperawareness of others perception of them
    Scum players are naturally hyperaware of how others view them. Everything they post can be taken from the mindset of ‘how will the town view this’ and they take special note when others voice concerns about them. This can sometimes come out as unnatural jumps to address any issue raised about them and can also be reflected in the way they speak about themselves.
    This also accurately describes “hyper self aware villager”, “villager who thinks that they’re lynchbait”, “villager who’s tilted by $%#!ty pressure they’ve been eating a lot, in this particular game or a stack of other recent games”, “villager who randed PR”, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Helz (#1)
    Intent to lynch
    Because scum players want to eliminate players with little consideration to who they can often be too opportunistic. They also have incentive to avoid voting on a scum team mate and will instead have motivation to be on the counter wagon. This action pays off for them well if the lynch is avoided in that they can not even be seen doing it unless it fails. These behaviors are most easily identified with wagonomics although a lynch-happy attitude can sometimes be identified.
    Agree w/ this. Opportunistic plays can be easy ways to catch scum sometimes. They can also be a thing to keep an eye out in order to ID situations where you’re busy wagoning a bad-posting villager instead of a wolf.

    Quote Originally Posted by Helz (#1)
    Focus on 1 player
    Some scum just peg 1 player to scum read. This allows them to appear as if they are attempting to solve the game while also not dealing with the natural counter push / OMGUS that comes when you scum read a town. I most easily seen this in low activity scum.
    Sometimes, and yeah I’d probably push this more for newbie or low confidence or low activity wolves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Helz (#1)
    Pillow Pushing
    I often see scum players pushing on a player until the first moment of resistance arises and then dropping the issue. This happens because their intention was never to push the player but rather to be seen pushing the player and when they are pressured on it they have no reasoning to create conviction as well as little motivation to draw attention to themselves. This also happens when some scum try to bus.
    I mildly agree w/ this. I think it’s probably not a super common scum tell but IS probably scum-indicative when it pops up.

    Quote Originally Posted by Helz (#1)
    Mirroring
    Because scum players have to fake their scum hunting they often take cues from the town players reads. Novice/Lazy scum will often just grab the general positioning of read walls and present them as their own or just regurgitate what the rest of the town has voiced when asked for an opinion. This is easy to identify if your active enough to really understand the gamestate and much more incriminating as the game progresses. If you notice a player is not generating original thought step back and in-context iso them to check for this behavior.
    I agree w/ this. I think you’re likely to see some level of subtlety about it, but “is this player actually providing any original or interesting content” is a decent tell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Helz (#1)

    -Core Reasoning:
    • The Mafia players have a known Team that they can work with and a shared chat to coordinate activities
    • The Town players usually have no team they coordinate with
    • The Mafia Players have a vested interest in keeping their team mates alive
    I agree w/ this
    Quote Originally Posted by Helz (#1)

    Building a counter-train
    Experienced scum players will sometimes deflate the pressure on their team mates by instigating pressure on another player to distract from the situation. This generally works well and is difficult to nail down until the mid-end game where a pattern of it occurring can be identified but is something that can be noticed and bring up the question of if you should look closer into this players associations, especially in post flip analysis.
    Sometimes, yes. It’s one of the useful things you can do w/ VCA in mid or late game.

    Quote Originally Posted by Helz (#1)
    Coordinated actions
    Good Mafia teams will use their special chat to coordinate some basic outlines of intentions. Things like which players to focus on lynching are often established prior to the day starting. Fortunately for the town these types of coordinated actions can become identifiable after enough time has progressed. Vote pattern analysis can also point to this.
    If anything, I think wolves tend somewhat towards distancing rather than bunching up.

    Quote Originally Posted by Helz (#1)
    Unnatural interactions(Puppet Show)
    Anyone who has ever taken a theater class has seen some really terrible acting that is so awkward, it makes you feel awkward just watching it. Thats the kind of feeling I can get when watching 2 scum play out some rehearsed interaction.
    I’d be curious if you have some exmaples of this that particularly stand out

    Quote Originally Posted by Helz (#1)
    Aversion
    What a player does not say is sometimes more important to notice than what they do. You will can notice scum players intentionally avoiding situations or discussions because they would be very uncomfortable to deal with. Examples could range from someone bringing up analysis of the votes in a lynch or maybe the entire train on one of their scum team mates. They may not want to get their scum buddy lynched but more than that they really don’t want to be associated with trying to prevent him from being lynched so they just avoid the situation entirely. This aversion is difficult to notice in the moment but can more easily be identified as the game progresses. I personally find aversion to be much more common than coordination and very particularly am critical of a Power Wolf who has massive interactions and reads yet strangely avoids talking to or about a few players. I believe this aversion comes from being forced to either bus or make up a fake read that ties them together when reading a team mate.
    I think this is a decent point.

    Quote Originally Posted by Helz (#1)

    IronMan
    Ironman is the opposite of strawman in terms of presenting someones argument. Teamscum will sometimes present their team mates defense as stronger than it is when speaking about their thoughts on that players case. This allows a strong speaker or a townread speaker to deflate pressure on a team mate and can be noticed by comparing the discussed players argument with the teamscums and identifying creative contributions to the original defense.
    … maybe? Not sure on this one, could be good.

    Quote Originally Posted by Helz (#1)
    You should consider the implications of the setup on how you scum hunt. If the setup changes a core reason for a scum hunting tell you should take time to consider how that must change the way you scum hunt.
    I agree w/ this
    Quote Originally Posted by Helz (#1)
    Above all else you need to honestly evaluate your own play to figure out what works for you. If you dont reread your games you will be prone to bias in what you think works for you. This often results in players using techniques that just do not work for them and can really submarine their impact on games. Practice only helps you improve if you are able to recognize your mistakes so you can learn from them.
    I agree w/ this
    Quote Originally Posted by Helz (#1)
    I am not going to say that this list includes every tell but I will say that I believe any scum hunting tell should draw back to a core difference. If yours do not you may want to reconsider it. Even if you disagree with how I look at scum hunting I believe you should be able to justify the tells you use to others, so that you can push lynches. If your position is not tenable you may be doing something very wrong.
    I agree with this.



    Thanks for the post!
  34. Replies
    69
    Views
    6,101

    Strategy :shifty: ok mastema :p (btw i expect to give...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackofhearts2005 (#30)
    I'm just going to keep spamming this thread until this becomes a thing and I get to punch god in the face.

    ok mastema

    (btw i expect to give an update REASONABLY soon, it's just that events somewhat outside my control have limited the time I've put into design work over the last month. I'm kind of hoping May is better on that end)
  35. Replies
    55
    Views
    1,608

    Strategy Thanks for the well wishes :) I've clinched...

    Quote Originally Posted by Apoc (#16)
    Quote Originally Posted by mhsmith0 (#12)
    /spec (idk if there will be a rail chat discord for this one or not)
    Sure why not, we can make one. It won't have any orders on it though?


    I figured you wouldn't /in to trash on us newbs (you are more than welcome though!)

    I'm sure you're going to be busy playing your Top32 ranked 1v1 WebDip players tournament

    that's right i saw the thread

    Good Luck!
    Thanks for the well wishes
    I've clinched advancement to the knockout stage, and it looks like (once my final group stage match finishes, but i THINK I've all but clinched the W in that last one) that I'll have a coin flip for seeding, so I'll either go up against one of the top few players on the site and probably get my $%#! kicked, or go up against someone who's probably around my level and hopefully gut it out. glglme
  36. Replies
    55
    Views
    1,608

    Strategy /spec (idk if there will be a rail chat discord...

    /spec (idk if there will be a rail chat discord for this one or not)
  37. #14

    Thread: GIFs R Us

    by mhsmith0
    Replies
    24
    Views
    1,082

    “Trust. It was a word that only liars used. A...

    Quote Originally Posted by Logic (#12)

    TSK TSK @mhsmith0.
    How can we trust your gif-game when you can't even have one last a week?
    “Trust. It was a word that only liars used. A word the truthful had no need of.”
  38. #12606

    Thread: Word Association

    by mhsmith0
    Replies
    13,698
    Views
    354,296

    learning

    learning
  39. #3

    Thread: GIFs R Us

    by mhsmith0
    Replies
    24
    Views
    1,082

    https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-static/static/20...

  40. #530

    Thread: The Set Game

    by mhsmith0
    Replies
    529
    Views
    13,820

    http://i.imgur.com/ves9nzi.png Member Odin,...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaleb (#529)
    Flying Mythical Figures:
    In: Pegasus
    Out: Werewolf


    Member Odin, Zeus, Ares, Dionysus, Heimdall, Quetzalcoatl
    Non member Mercedes, sobek, Maui, Hercules, Jupiter, Jove, Janus, Allah, Buddha, Hermes, Alpheius, Artemis, Apollo, Moya, Goya, Pegasus, Werewolf
  41. #528

    Thread: The Set Game

    by mhsmith0
    Replies
    529
    Views
    13,820

    https://www.goya.com/media/6503/canned-black-beans...

    Quote Originally Posted by [NSM] Mikey (#527)
    moya


    You had only one guess, so I'll give you another for free
    Member Odin, Zeus, Ares, Dionysus, Heimdall, Quetzalcoatl
    Non member Mercedes, sobek, Maui, Hercules, Jupiter, Jove, Janus, Allah, Buddha, Hermes, Alpheius, Artemis, Apollo, Moya, Goya
  42. #526

    Thread: The Set Game

    by mhsmith0
    Replies
    529
    Views
    13,820

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7M3_BqUp95Y :p ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaleb (#523)
    Olymipians:
    In: Usain Bolt Hermes
    Out: Alpheius
    Quote Originally Posted by [NSM] Mikey (#524)
    are secretly ducks

    In: Artemis
    Out: Apollo
    Quote Originally Posted by Secondhand Revenant (#525)
    Gods in Age of Mythology

    In: Heimdall
    Out: Quetzalcoatl


    Member Odin, Zeus, Ares, Dionysus, Heimdall, Quetzalcoatl
    Non member Mercedes, sobek, Maui, Hercules, Jupiter, Jove, Janus, Allah, Buddha, Hermes, Alpheius, Artemis, Apollo
  43. #522

    Thread: The Set Game

    by mhsmith0
    Replies
    529
    Views
    13,820

    https://media.giphy.com/media/JtT8eAt7UxhRe/giphy....

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaleb (#521)
    Gods of War
    Member: Ares
    Non-member: Dionysus

    Member Odin, Zeus, Ares, Dionysus
    Non member Mercedes, sobek, Maui, Hercules, Jupiter, Jove, Janus, Allah, Buddha
  44. Postgame#1728

    Thread: Automated Game

    by mhsmith0
    Replies
    1,728
    Views
    17,512

    Completed Also, for the record: lynching outside of the...

    Also, for the record: lynching outside of the pretty clear dipole in a pre-lylo world was a fairly obviously terrible move. ESPECIALLY since, in a lengthy "we're lynching exactly one of these two" situation, you force both of them to make public stances, can MAYBE find some spew among the wolf if you lynch correctly, and just as importantly, you force that wolf's partner to make a hard choice between bussing and pushing exactly one specific villager who they KNOW is town.

    This is very basic werewolf strategy that basically the entire town botched on d3.
  45. Postgame#1724

    Thread: Automated Game

    by mhsmith0
    Replies
    1,728
    Views
    17,512

    Completed I think that backups only can inherit from their...

    I think that backups only can inherit from their own alignment, though I'm not 100% on that.
  46. #520

    Thread: The Set Game

    by mhsmith0
    Replies
    529
    Views
    13,820

    https://media.giphy.com/media/3o6MbhYjXivHHMrLSE/g...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaleb (#519)
    Top Dieties:
    In: Allah
    Out: Buddah

    Member Odin, Zeus
    Non member Mercedes, sobek, Maui, Hercules, Jupiter, Jove, Janus, Allah, Buddha
  47. #518

    Thread: The Set Game

    by mhsmith0
    Replies
    529
    Views
    13,820

    https://media.giphy.com/media/s2uampOAMWksU/giphy....

    Quote Originally Posted by Logic (#517)
    Heads of their pantheons:
    Member: Jupiter (or Jove)
    Non-member: Janus


    Member Odin, Zeus
    Non member Mercedes, sobek, Maui, Hercules, Jupiter, Jove, Janus
  48. Postgame#5705

    Thread: Welcome to the Gunshow

    by mhsmith0
    Replies
    5,751
    Views
    44,902

    Completed I think the TLDR is it's wolfsided but playable. ...

    I think the TLDR is it's wolfsided but playable. But that's just my $0.02.
  49. #516

    Thread: The Set Game

    by mhsmith0
    Replies
    529
    Views
    13,820

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxYQQoYfMtQ ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaleb (#515)
    Gods:
    In: Zeus
    Out: Hercules


    Member Odin, Zeus
    Non member Mercedes, sobek, Maui, Hercules
  50. #514

    Thread: The Set Game

    by mhsmith0
    Replies
    529
    Views
    13,820

    https://media.giphy.com/media/tXTqLBYNf0N7W/giphy....

    Quote Originally Posted by nutella (#513)
    Playable gods in Smite

    Member Sobek
    Nonmember Maui (but god damn do they need to add him soon)


    (Jkjk i know literally no one on this site besides me plays smite rip )


    Member Odin
    Non member Mercedes, sobek, Maui
Results 1 to 50 of 3000
Page 1 of 60 1 2 3 4
about us
Mafia Universe is a community hub for people who enjoy playing the forum variant of Mafia (also known as Werewolf). We offer fully automated Mafia games and a wide variety of customized features crafted to optimize your game experience. We also proudly host the Internet's only database of Mafia/Werewolf communities.

We hope you stick around!
Role of the Day
Beguiler

The Beguiler may every night hide behind a target. Any actions targeted at the Beguiler on this night will instead affect the Beguiler's target. This ability can be used a maximum of 3 times.