Search:

Type: Posts; User: Ampharos

Page 1 of 60 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 0.13 seconds.

  1. Sticky: Game Thread reserved for flavor. yes, i'm slow in the...

    reserved for flavor. yes, i'm slow

    in the meantime, check out last cycle's flavor
  2. Sticky: Game Thread https://scp-wiki.wdfiles.com/local--files/componen...



    2 new files available. Click to view.


    Incident Report 402-A



    Date: █████████
    Location: V█████████ University, USA
    Field Agent: ████████████████

    Preface: The following logs were recovered from the personal files of Agent █████████, and are presented without alteration. Followup investigations may be conducted at a later date, under the supervision of Dr. ███████

    -Dr. ██████████████
    Senior Researcher, Site-8


    1300 - Arrived at surveillance site, established cover as per mission protocol. Routine anti-surveillance sweep suggests I'm not being monitored.

    1330 - Initial observations: foot traffic extremely low. Civilians presumed to have converged upon Location α, based off audio monitoring of the site - and, honestly, just based off obvious circumstances. I mean, it's Saturday afternoon on a college campus, for christ's sake.

    1400 - God, this assignment is dumb.

    1430 - Situation largely unchanged. Slight increase in ambient noise levels within the past 5 minutes or so; suspect mass migration away from Location α. Guess it's halftime or something. Lemme check the score, actually - oh, God, these guys are terrible. You sure this is an SEC team?

    1500 - Foot traffic has increased around surveillance location. Oddly, ambient noise has tapered off. It's almost TOO quiet, honestly - these ARE college kids, right? Surely they shouldn't be walking around so... quietly. And I swear some of them are staring daggers at me as they walk by.

    1515 - Something's weird. They're DEFINITELY staring at me. All of them.

    1523 - Sudden large influx of individuals into a nearby building. Strange low humming audible from within. Designating this building Location β. Course of action pending further observation.

    1527 - The humming's getting louder. Am going to attempt to receive visual confirmation of the building's interior. Should this be my last report, I recommend activation of Protocol 156-B for the purposes of followup investigation and/or rescue operations. Feels kind of silly to write that out, honestly, but... something strange is happening in that building, and I'm going to find out what it is.

    1543 - [DATA CORRUPTED]

    1901 - Ỳ̵̘Ò̸̦Ú̸̩ ̸̭̔Ŝ̷͓H̴̼̃o̵̟͒U̴̚͜L̴͉͠d̵͈͠ ̸̩̊n̴̥̅ȍ̴̗T̴̨̈́ ̵̬̊Ḧ̶͚Ḁ̸̾v̸̙̾E̵͖̿ ̴̣̅C̵͎̔ò̷͔m̸̻̋e̶̟͆ ̶̬̑h̶̥͐ē̵̙Ȓ̸͕É̵̪ ̷̒ͅW̷̯͠ẹ̴̓ ̶͉̉a̸̬͌R̸̥̀E̵͉͝ ̷̗̅W̴̦͝Á̶̻T̷̳͝C̶͌ͅh̶̭͠i̸͎͒N ̮́ģ̴͊ ̴̡͑y̴̛̪ö̸̫́Ư̵̬



    Special Containment Procedures
    Codename: Wisdom



    Item #: MU-001

    Object Class: Safe

    Special Containment Procedures: MU-001 is to be secured in a standard IC-class windowless testing chamber. Security personnel monitoring this chamber are to be rotated out at twice the usual frequency. Direct access to MU-001 is restricted to those with Level 4 security clearance or IC-class testing authorization. Under no circumstances is MU-001 to be removed from the testing chamber, with the exception of those with Level 5 security clearance; violation of this protocol is grounds for immediate termination.

    Description: MU-001 is a small metallic triangle, approximately 15cm across on each side and 2cm thick. It is a dull golden color that seems to neither tarnish nor fade. Spectroscopic analysis suggests the object's composition to be an alloy of gold, nickel, and a third as-yet unidentified metal. MU-001 was first discovered in ████ at an archeological dig site; the location of this site is restricted to those with Level 5 security clearance (see addendum 001-A).

    Under ordinary circumstances, MU-001 displays no anomalous properties. In the presence of humans, however, the object begins emitting luminescent radiation, with the strength of the emitted light proportional to the proximity of the nearest human; at point-blank range, the emitted light is equivalent to that of a 100-watt halogen light bulb. Subjects who witness this luminescence report a feeling of comfort and an increased desire to pick up the object.

    Upon coming into physical contact with MU-001, subjects display increased emotional stability and mental acuity, with the effect increasing the longer a subject remains in contact with the object. These effects linger for a time after contact is ceased, with the amount of time seeming to be directly proportional to the length of the original exposure. Subjects who were in contact with MU-001 for less than 30 minutes fully recover after cessation of contact, with no lasting ill effects. Longer exposure periods result in increasingly severe side effects after cessation of contact:

    - After 30 minutes, subjects display an increased sense of self-importance, bordering on narcissism as the length of time increases.
    - After 1 hour, subjects display a lingering desire to return to contact with the object
    - After 2 hours, subjects begin to display physical symptoms similar to withdrawal. Subjects who reach this stage are classified as MU-001-A and are to be terminated immediately.
    - After 2 hours 30 minutes, subjects' mental acuity continues to increase even after cessation of contact.
    - After 3 hours, subjects universally become violent and attempt to regain possession of MU-001 at all costs. Subjects retain emotional stability even at this stage, behaving extremely coldly and matter-of-fact-ly even while committing acts of violence

    Instances of MU-001-A that are not terminated have perished 3 hours and 33 minutes after cessation of contact in 100% of recorded cases. The exact cause of these deaths is still unclear.

    Addendum 001-A:
    Hello. I've erased the contents of this document. I'd apologize for that, but it would be a lie, as I'd quite happily kill everyone you ever loved in order to protect this secret.

    You see, you simply don't know what you're dealing with here. Nobody does. Nobody except me.

    You think you've stumbled upon a silly little rock in a silly little jungle and now you use it for your silly little experiments in your silly little extralegal organization. It's so childish, it'd almost be cute, were you not toying with the single greatest potential boon for humanity in the history of civilization. You're like a boy who's stolen his father's wallet and, instead of taking his credit card, contents himself with folding dollar bills into cranes.

    No, I alone can wield this power. So I will.

    You're welcome to pursue me. You won't catch me, of course, but it may prove an interesting diversion. Consider this invitation itself to be proof of my good faith; I could have wiped your entire database without breaking a sweat, should the mood have taken me, but where's the fun in that?

    I await your answer. If you've any brains at all, you'll know where to find me.

    The three shall become one shall become all.
  3. Sticky: Game Thread https://scp-wiki.wdfiles.com/local--files/componen...



    WARNING

    The following document is classified and restricted to those with Level 4 security clearance. Non-authorized personnel attempting to access this document will be immediately terminated via memetic kill agent.

    >Verifying password...

    >...

    >...

    >Password verified. Verifying security credentials...

    >...

    >...

    >Credentials verified. Deploying memetic kill agent...

    >...

    >...























    >...

    >Continued vital signs detected. Inoculation confirmed. Welcome, authorized personnel.




  4. Replies
    40
    Views
    951

    Walrus #notlate

    #notlate
  5. Replies
    24
    Views
    593

    Walrus better late than never

    better late than never
  6. Replies
    3,495
    Views
    29,961

    Game Thread All chat invites have now been sent out. If you...

    All chat invites have now been sent out. If you haven't received one, please contact myself or Bun ASAP.
  7. sunbae goat

    sunbae goat
  8. Replies
    3,495
    Views
    29,961

    Game Thread Mentors and Mentees: A Mentor/Mentee Game: Game...

    Mentors and Mentees: A Mentor/Mentee Game: Game Information!

    This is an automated game of Mafia.


    Setup - 15 Players

    x1 Mafia Role Cop
    x1 Mafia Jailkeeper | Non-consecutive
    x1 Mafia Goon
    x9 Vanilla Town
    x1 Town Vigilante | Odd Cycle
    x1 Town Neapolitan
    x1 Town Bodyguard

    Example Role PMs
    • POST RESTRICTION: You may only post 150 times per Day phase. This restriction will be lifted 1 hours before phase end.
    • Majority will be in effect starting Day 2. Day 2 onward will end the instant a majority is reached.
    • Town wins when there are no threats to Town remaining.
    • Mafia factions win when they achieve Parity and there are no other evil factions remaining at any time.
    • Votes are automatically locked in when the Town must eliminate correctly.
    • Sleep is enabled. Vote for Sleep to forgo an elimination that Day.
    • Mafia factional kills are mandatory. Mafia must submit a factional kill each night, or a player outside their faction will be chosen at random.
    • Mafia factional kills are assigned. They can be tracked, watched, or roleblocked.
    • Mafia share a factional Night Kill, which is a single standard shot for their faction.
    • Cops do not get Night 0 peeks.
    • Mafia may communicate at any time.
    • Tied votes will result in a player being eliminated at random from among the tied players.

    Phase Lengths

    Days are 48 hours in length. Nights are 24 hours in length.

    Players

    @Aldo
    @Apocryphal Thaumaturge
    @Apogee
    @c4e5g3d5
    @Ephemera
    @evakyoo
    @GGhana
    @Javelinlover
    @Lag
    @Michelle
    @Miss Misty
    @Poison
    @ThePretender
    @Twice Shrunk
    @Venti

    FAQ

    Are you unsure about how actions are processed or how roles interact with each other? Then read more here:

    ORDER OF OPERATIONS

    Night actions are processed in this order:

    Strongman kills
    Roleblocks
    Jails
    Doctors
    Bodyguards
    Kills
    Investigations
    Backups

    When an action was submitted during the night will never matter when the actions are processed.

    ACTION FEEDBACK

    These are the results you will get when you submit certain actions.

    Non-investigative roles when they submit an action (they also receive this if they are roleblocked):

    Your action on Player A was received.
    Investigative actions return results even if the target dies on the same night.

    Actions that count as visits are counted as visits even if the actor dies on the same night.

    Investigative roles (Tracker, Cop, etc.) when roleblocked:

    Your action on Player B failed.
    Trackers when tracking a person that didn't visit anyone (or if they targeted a Ninja):

    Player C did not visit anyone.
    Watchers when watching a person that wasn't visited by anyone (or only visited by a Ninja):

    Player D was not visited by anyone.
    Alignment Cop when investigating a town-aligned player (or a Godfather):

    Player E is Town
    Watcher when watching a person that was visited by multiple people:

    Player F was visited by Player G, Player H, Player I
    FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

    How do I submit my action?
    Use the form below the game thread. If your role has a night action, the form will only be visible during night phases. It's not possible to submit actions in advance of the night phase.

    What does it mean if the Mafia Host says that night kills are assigned?
    In games with this setting turned on, the member of the mafia team that made the most recent night kill submission will be the one assigned to the kill, which means that the kill can be blocked if a Town Roleblocker or Town Jailkeeper target the mafia player in question. Similarly, the kill can be tracked and watched by Town Trackers and Town Watchers. If this setting isn't turned on, then it doesn't matter who the last person to submit the mafia kill is, as the kill is unblockable and untrackable in this case.

    Where do I find example role PM's?
    This thread contains example role PM's for all roles currently supported by the Modbot as well as information on the various modifiers. Here you will find the answers to a lot of questions not covered in this FAQ section.

    Which roles can self-target?
    Only Watchers are able to use their ability on themselves at night. This means that Doctors or Jailkeepers aren't able to protect themselves, for example.

    Which roles are not able to target the same players on consecutive nights?
    Doctors, Jailkeepers, and Roleblockers are not allowed to target the same player twice in a row. Everyone else is, including Bodyguards. Note that this non-consecutive restriction still holds true even if one of these three roles were blocked the night before when targeting the person that they're attempting to target again.

    What happens if Jailkeeper A and Jailkeeper B or Roleblocker A and Roleblocker B target each other (and are not targetted by other blockers)?
    In the case of Jailkeepers, they will block and protect each other. In the case of Roleblockers, they also block each other. This means that the two players are trackable to each other that night by Trackers and Watchers. It also means that if one of them is mafia and happens to simultaneously be the one submitting the factional kill that night in a game with assigned kills, then this kill is blocked. This same principle applies to longer loops. I.e. in a A > B > C > D > A loop, everyone is blocked.

    What happens if Jailkeeper A targets Roleblocker B who targets Jailkeeper A?
    Jailkeeper A will be blocked in this scenario. Refer to the order of operations: Roleblocks process before jails.

    What happens if Jailkeeper A targets Roleblocker B who targets Player C?
    As stated above, roleblocks process before jails, so Roleblocker B will successfully block Player C. I.e. Jailkeeper A will fail to block Roleblocker B, but will still protect Roleblocker B.

    What happens if Jailkeeper A targets Jailkeeper B and Jailkeeper B targets Jailkeeper C (who isn't targeting any of the former two)?
    In this case, Jailkeeper A would prevent Jailkeeper B's block from occuring, meaning that Jailkeeper C's action is not blocked.

    If an X-Shot role is blocked while using a shot, do they lose that shot forever?
    Yes. A 1-shot Vigilante being blocked while attempting to kill someone will not have their shot refunded.

    If someone with a Strongman modifier kills Player A who is protected by Bodyguard B, who dies?
    Player A will die, and Bodyguard B will survive.

    Can a mafia team choose not to kill anyone during a night?
    The host can determine this using the Mafia Factional Kill setting. Kills can be mandatory, optional, or disabled altogether.

    The default is No. The mafia factional kill is compulsory. This is done in order to avoid deadlocked games where the town keeps no eliminating and the mafia refuses to submit a kill. If the game has assigned kills, it will be randomized which member of the team is carrying out the kill.

    If there is only one mafia member left in a game without assigned kills, can the mafia factional kill then be blocked and/or tracked?
    No.

    Can the mafia submit a kill for one of their own members?
    No.

    If I kill someone, does their night action, if they have one, still succeed?
    Yes, killing someone doesn't prevent them from performing their night action (unless they investigated someone, in which case they will not receive a report). Refer to the order of operations: All kills happen at the end of the night, and everyone pulls the trigger simultaneously.

    Can individual night actions be proxied on mafia teams?
    No. If the mafia team has a Mafia Roleblocker, for example, and they want to use this role's action, then the player occupying that slot must submit the action themselves.

    If a Lover is shot during the night, while the other Lover is protected that night, does the other Lover still die?
    Yes. It's not possible to prevent a Lover from dying of love sickness.

    If a Bodyguard protects Lover A, while Lover B is shot during that same night, what happens?
    A dies of love sickness and Bodyguard lives.

    If there are any Innocent Childs in the game, are these confirmed in the thread right when the game begins?
    No. Innocent Childs are able to decide themselves when or if they wish to have the Modbot confirm their role and alignment in the thread. Note that this is exclusively a day action and that it can take up to one minute for the Modbot to process the action.

    What results are Alignment Cops, Full Cops and Role Cops given if they investigate a Godfather or a Miller?
    Alignment Cops are told "Town" for Godfathers and "Mafia" for Millers. Full Cops are told "Vanilla Town" for Godfathers and "Mafia Goon" for Millers. Role Cops are told "Godfather" for Godfathers and "Miller" for Millers.

    Can Role Cops tell the difference between a Vanilla Town and Mafia Goon?
    No. They are told "Vanilla" when investigating either of these two roles.

    If I roleblock someone with a Bulletproof Vest, will that nullify the effect of the vest?
    No. Bulletproof Vests are passive modifiers that cannot be blocked from working.

    If I roleblock Masons, Neighbors or Lovers with out of thread communication privileges, can I prevent them from talking at night?
    No.

    If I roleblock a Godfather, will they still be revealed as being town-aligned to Alignment Cops and Full Cops that night?
    Yes.

    Are you wondering about how to vote, submit night actions or multi-isolate players? Read about this and more here:

    HOW TO VOTE

    Our forum votes for someone by using the vote tags: [V]Thingyman[/V]. Preview:

    ##Vote Thingyman

    Make sure that you spell out the full, correct name. Abbreviations or misspelled names will not be registered by the Modbot.

    To unvote, use the tags: [UNV][/UNV] . When unvoting you do not need to enter the name of the person that you are unvoting. Preview:

    ##Unvote

    HOW TO VOTE BY PROXY / ANONYMOUSLY


    Select your vote choice and click submit using the form at the bottom of the thread.

    Big Image: https://i.imgur.com/hBJ7arR.gif
    Click to load this image


    VOTING BUTTONS


    You can also quickly vote for someone by clicking on the box with a checkmark icon, which will bring up an alphabetized dropdown containing the names of living players:



    This will insert [V][/V] tags with the name of the player you selected in the dropdown, perfect every time.

    Click the empty checkbox button to insert [UNV][/UNV].
    HOW TO SUBMIT NIGHT ACTIONS

    If you have a night action, simply submit this at night by scrolling to the bottom of the game thread. Here you will find a night action form like this:



    Click the dropdown and select the player whom you wish to use your night action on. You can change it as many times as you wish before the deadline expires.
    HOW TO REQUEST A VOTECOUNT

    Votecounts will appear automatically at various intervals, but you can also call up votecounts yourself by following these steps:

    First, you need to apply to join "Mafia Game Hosts" under Permission Groups.

    Second, once your request has been approved, you will be able to call up votecounts by simply pushing the "Post Votecount" button in the top right corner of any game thread that you'd like an updated votecount for.

    OTHER SPECIAL FEATURES

    VIEWING VOTE HISTORY

    There are three ways to access the vote history for any game.

    1. Click on the "Vote History" button in the top right corner of the game thread:

    2. Click on the "View Vote History" link, which accompanies all votecounts:

    3. Click on Modbot in the top forum menu. This will give you a list of ongoing and completed games:



      Next, simply click on "Vote History" to view all votes for that game.

    Following any of the above three steps will bring you to an overview like this one:



    Click on a Voter's username to view all of the votes by their slot.

    Click on a Target's username to view all of the votes for their slot.

    ISOLATING A PLAYER'S POSTS

    If you wish to read a player's posts in isolation, simply click on "ISO" in the top right corner of one of that player's posts in the relevant thread as illustrated here:



    Alternatively, you can access a player's posts in isolation by clicking on the number next to "Replies:" in the forum lobby.



    Doing so will pull up a window listing the post counts for everyone who has posted in that thread. You access someone's posts in isolation by simply clicking on the number next to "Posts:" for that person.



    The ISO view itself has Quote and Multi-Quote buttons inside it, which will make it very easy to quickly quote a lot of a player's posts for analysis or commentary:


    MULTI-ISOLATING

    If you wish to read not just one player's posts, but you want to ISO multiple players, then click the "Multi ISO" button to the left of "Game Tools" and select the players in question as shown here:


    MULTI-QUOTING WHILE THREAD IS LOCKED

    Note that you can multi-quote posts from even locked game threads. This is useful for when you wish to reread the game and do work during night phases.

    After quoting the relevant posts, you simply open a different, opened thread and press "Go Advanced". Then add the quotes to your post by clicking the prompt below the post area as shown here:



    Now, of course you can't post your work in the game thread while the thread is locked, but you can copy paste and save your work to a local file or the cloud and have it ready to post the very next day phase (if you're still alive, that is).

    BOOKMARKS

    Whenever you open a game thread, you are able to bookmark posts. This is for many players an important tool for keeping track of and remembering vital pieces of information, reads, claims etc.

    Also, note that these bookmarks are saved to your user account, meaning that it eliminates the trouble associated with keeping notes between different computers/devices.

    If you want to bookmark a post, you simply scroll to the post that you want to bookmark and press "Set Bookmark" as shown here:



    This will call up 5 different colored icons (Blue, Red, Yellow, Green, and Black) on the right side of the post in question. You can click any of these icons, which will then prompt you to include a note for the post.

    If you don't want to include a note, you don't have to - just leave it blank. The color coding in itself can be a valuable tool. Maybe you want to use Red bookmarks for posts that you find suspicious, Green bookmarks for posts that you find townie, Black bookmarks for posts containing claims, or whatever system you can think of that will be helpful to you.



    Once this is done, you have now successfully bookmarked a post with a certain color and maybe even a note. If you wish to remove the bookmark again, click on "Unset Bookmark".

    How do I access bookmarks?

    There are two ways to access your bookmarks.
    1. Inside a game thread, you can access the bookmarks for that specific game by simply right clicking on the "Bookmark" button and opening the link.

      This will bring you to a separate page that is automatically filtered to only show bookmarks from the game thread that you accessed the page from.
    2. You can also access your bookmarks by going to Features in the site's top menu:



      This will bring you to a page where no bookmarks are shown by default. However, you have several filtering options.

      You can filter by Game, by Player and by Color - and all of them at once if you so wish.

      Here's an example of filtering by only red bookmarks in one specific game:



    If you want to be taken directly to one of your bookmarked posts, you just click the post number.

    How do I quote bookmarks?

    You can also multi-quote bookmarked posts by clicking the little "+" button seen above on the far right side of each bookmark.

    Once you have multi-quoted all the bookmarked posts that you want to quote, you will then have to go to the game thread in which you wish to quote the bookmarked posts.

    Here you have two ways of quoting the posts.

    1. Click on "Reply With Quote" on another post as shown here:



      You will then probably want to delete the last post quoted in the reply box, but otherwise you should be good to go.
    2. Or you can do the more smooth option and click the "Reply To Thread" button at the top and bottom of the game thread - as shown here:



      By doing this you will open up a reply box containing only your multi-quoted bookmarked posts.
  9. Replies
    3,495
    Views
    29,961

    Game Thread It's been pointed out to us that having all...

    It's been pointed out to us that having all mentor/mentee chats on the same Discord server is inherently flawed for anonymity purposes. We're working on an alternate solution, and will announce that ASAP.

    Additionally, we're going to hold off making private threads until mentors and mentees have been paired, and will thus be sending those separately rather than in Role PMs. (mentor assignments will also be sent separately from role pms)
  10. Replies
    3,495
    Views
    29,961

    Game Thread Mentors and Mentees: A Mentor/Mentee Game

    Mentors and Mentees: A Mentor/Mentee Shadowhydra Game



    Hosted By: @Ampharos and @Bunnelby
    Players: 15 players
    Start Date: October 4th, 2021
    SoD/EoD: 8pm EDT
    Phase Lengths: 48/24
    Night Chat: Mafia Only
    Out of Thread Communication: Mafia Only, mentor/mentee private communication
    Posting Requirement: 10 posts minimum, 150 post max to lift 1 hour before EoD. Failing to meet the minimum requirement will result in prodding or replacement, at host discretion.
    Setup: Open 15er
    1x Town Vigilante | Odd Night
    1x Town Neapolitan
    1x Town Bodyguard
    9x Vanilla Town mentees
    (12 individual town mentors)


    1x Mafia Rolecop
    1x Mafia Jailkeeper
    1x Mafia Goon
    (3 individual mafia mentors)


    Role PMs:

    Quote Originally Posted by Mafia Host
    Role PM for Example Game

    You are Town Vigilante | Odd Night. You win when all threats to Town have been eliminated.

    Town Vigilante

    As Town Vigilante, you have access to the Killing Night Action. Players targeted with this action will die at the end of the Night unless protected. Submit your Night Action each night using the form below the game thread. You may change your target as many times as you want. The last action submitted will be used.

    If you do not submit an action, you will forego your action on that night.

    Odd Night

    The Odd Night modifier limits you to only submit Night actions on Odd numbered Nights.
    Role PM for Example Game

    You are Town Neapolitan. You win when all threats to Town have been eliminated.

    Town Neapolitan

    As Town Neapolitan, you have access to the Neapolitan Inspection Night Action. Neapolitan Inspection will reveal whether your target is Vanilla Town (with no modifiers) or not.

    Submit your Night Action each night using the form below the game thread. You may change your target as many times as you want. The last action submitted will be used.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafia Host
    Role PM for Example Game

    You are Town Bodyguard. You win when all threats to Town have been eliminated.

    Town Bodyguard

    As Town Bodyguard, you have access to the Guarding Night Action. Guarding another player will cause you to die instead if that player is targeted by a kill on the same night. Submit your Night Action each night using the form below the game thread. You may change your target as many times as you want. The last action submitted will be used.

    If you do not submit an action, you will forego your action on that night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafia Host
    Role PM for Example Game

    You are Vanilla Town. You win when all threats to Town have been eliminated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafia Host
    Role PM for Example Game

    You are Mafia Role Cop. You win when you overpower the town and eliminate any other evil faction(s) in the game. Your teammates are:

    Mafia Team

    ...

    Mafia Chat: ...

    As Mafia, you have access to the Factional Night Kill Night Action. Players targeted with this action will die at the end of the Night unless protected. Submit your Night Action each night using the form below the game thread. You may change your target as many times as you want. The last action submitted will be used.

    If no Mafia submit an action, a player will be picked at random from the living non-Mafia players.



    Mafia Role Cop

    As Mafia Role Cop, you have access to the Role Inspection Night Action. Role Inspection will reveal a target's role and any role modifiers. Vanillas and Goons will inspect as Vanilla. Submit your Night Action each night using the form below the game thread. You may change your target as many times as you want. The last action submitted will be used.

    Inspection Results for Night 0 in Example Game

    Jiminy Cricket is Jailkeeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafia Host
    Role PM for Example Game

    You are Mafia Jailkeeper. You win when you overpower the town and eliminate any other evil faction(s) in the game. Your teammates are:

    Mafia Team

    ...

    Mafia Chat: ...

    As Mafia, you have access to the Factional Night Kill Night Action. Players targeted with this action will die at the end of the Night unless protected. Submit your Night Action each night using the form below the game thread. You may change your target as many times as you want. The last action submitted will be used.

    If no Mafia submit an action, a player will be picked at random from the living non-Mafia players.



    Mafia Jailkeeper

    As Mafia Jailkeeper, you have access to the Jailing Night Action. Jailing another player will both protect that player from being killed as well as prevent that player from being able to successfully use their Night Action that night. You will not learn whether your target was successfully protected from any kills, nor will you learn whether your target had a Night Action. Submit your Night Action each night using the form below the game thread. You may change your target as many times as you want. The last action submitted will be used. You cannot target the same player on consecutive nights.

    If you do not submit an action, you will forego your action on that night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafia Host
    Role PM for Example Game

    You are Mafia Goon. You win when you overpower the town and eliminate any other evil faction(s) in the game. Your teammates are:

    Mafia Team

    ...

    Mafia Chat: ...

    As Mafia, you have access to the Factional Night Kill Night Action. Players targeted with this action will die at the end of the Night unless protected. Submit your Night Action each night using the form below the game thread. You may change your target as many times as you want. The last action submitted will be used.

    If no Mafia submit an action, a player will be picked at random from the living non-Mafia players.

    Actual in-game Role PMs will be flavored. Flavor will be randomized and nonindicative of alignment; you may claim your flavor in the game thread.

    This is a mentor/mentee game, ideal for newer/less experienced players to get some personal help throughout the game! The way this will work is that each town and mafia mentee will have their own mentor to help guide them in their personal thread/chat. You may discuss reads privately; however, mentors should not impose their reads on their mentees. Mentors should not be speculated, discussed or referred to in the main thread. Please ask if you have any questions!

    After the game, should there be interest, we are amenable to running some sort of fun game for the mentors.

    • Town wins when all threats to Town have been eliminated.
    • Mafia factions win when they achieve Parity.
    • Votes are automatically locked in at LYLO.
    • Sleeping is enabled. Vote for Sleep to forgo an elimination that Day.
    • Mafia factional kills are mandatory. Mafia must submit a factional kill each night, or a player outside their faction will be chosen at random.
    • Mafia factional kills are assigned. They can be tracked, watched, or roleblocked.
    • Mafia may communicate at any time.
    • Tied votes will result in a player being eliminated at random from among the tied players.

    1. @Percy
    2. @zintle
    3. @wallape
    4. @Gypyx
    5. @awesome5000
    6. @YOLOSWAG

    The mentor-mentee pairing process will begin immediately after the game is randed. As a reminder, the mentor list is anonymous; as such, please do not discuss the game with ANYONE outside the game thread. Any moderation-related issues should go directly through me.

    Mentees will all receive a link to the Discord server for this game in their role PM. Mentors will receive this link privately. Private threads will also be provided for each mentor/mentee pairing; these links will be in your role PM as well.
  11. Automated cya soon

    cya soon
  12. Replies
    79
    Views
    1,598

    It would be nice to have some fresh ideas for...

    Quote Originally Posted by Visorslash (#4)
    The 17er I ran with 2 vigs vs RC RB could be fun?

    Idk if people want to play a 17er
    It would be nice to have some fresh ideas for 17ers, if only because the ones we've been using (Matrix12, Poisonous, Ninjas and Guns) are pretty stale at this point.

    That said, in general the nature of scheduling this event results in most of the games being smaller, due to people's conflicting schedules, so we do expect there to be more 13-15ers than 17ers.
  13. Replies
    79
    Views
    1,598

    have you considered eating my shorts

    have you considered eating my shorts
  14. Replies
    79
    Views
    1,598

    To clarify one point Ara mentioned: One of the...

    To clarify one point Ara mentioned:

    One of the primary points of feedback we received on the Custom Closed Setup option was that people were unwilling to risk this option without knowing who would be creating their setup ahead of time. We intend to circumvent this issue this year by designating one individual to create multiple closed setups prior to the event, should there be demand for them. The identity of this individual would be publicly known - the only reason I'm not naming a name is because we haven't chosen one yet.

    also yes please give us open 13ers we need more
  15. Postgame#16920

    Thread: Constellations Team Mafia

    by Ampharos
    Replies
    17,352
    Views
    196,458

    Completed our upset was genuine everything we said in...

    Quote Originally Posted by dyachei (#16907)
    @Sunbae

    I'm really $%#!ing disappointed in you. That guilt trip was terrible
    our upset was genuine

    everything we said in thread was true

    legit miscommunication
  16. Replies
    62
    Views
    799

    did they ever find the bodies?

    did they ever find the bodies?
  17. Replies
    76
    Views
    2,273

    Automated /spec

  18. Automated There's a player who has agreed to drop should...

    Quote Originally Posted by iaafr (#33)
    plus i was in the last iteration

    https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums...whydra-game%21

    where we d1'd empoof and then d2'd empoof's townread like the true chads this town was
    There's a player who has agreed to drop should anyone else want to sign up. Offer's open.
  19. Automated This is actually an excellent time for me to...

    Quote Originally Posted by Porygon-Z (#3)
    /in
    Quote Originally Posted by Porygon-Z (#5)
    /out
    This is actually an excellent time for me to mention: please sign up on your main account. We will not accept alternate account signups - and my name's red, so I'll know.
  20. Automated Quick note: the original version of this OP...

    Quick note: the original version of this OP listed a Mafia Jailkeeper in the setup, but a Mafia Roleblocker in the example PMs. The correct role is Jailkeeper; this has been corrected.
  21. Automated Mentors and Mentees: A Mentor/Mentee Shadowhydra Game

    Mentors and Mentees: A Mentor/Mentee Shadowhydra Game



    Hosted By: @Ampharos and @Bunnelby
    Players: 15 players
    Start Date: October 4th, 2021
    SoD/EoD: 8pm EDT
    Phase Lengths: 48/24
    Night Chat: Mafia Only
    Out of Thread Communication: Mafia Only, mentor/mentee private communication
    Posting Requirement: 10 posts minimum, 150 post max to lift 1 hour before EoD. Failing to meet the minimum requirement will result in prodding or replacement, at host discretion.
    Setup: Open 15er
    1x Town Vigilante | Odd Night
    1x Town Neapolitan
    1x Town Bodyguard
    9x Vanilla Town mentees
    (12 individual town mentors)


    1x Mafia Rolecop
    1x Mafia Jailkeeper
    1x Mafia Goon
    (3 individual mafia mentors)


    Role PMs:

    Quote Originally Posted by Mafia Host
    Role PM for Example Game

    You are Town Vigilante | Odd Night. You win when all threats to Town have been eliminated.

    Town Vigilante

    As Town Vigilante, you have access to the Killing Night Action. Players targeted with this action will die at the end of the Night unless protected. Submit your Night Action each night using the form below the game thread. You may change your target as many times as you want. The last action submitted will be used.

    If you do not submit an action, you will forego your action on that night.

    Odd Night

    The Odd Night modifier limits you to only submit Night actions on Odd numbered Nights.
    Role PM for Example Game

    You are Town Neapolitan. You win when all threats to Town have been eliminated.

    Town Neapolitan

    As Town Neapolitan, you have access to the Neapolitan Inspection Night Action. Neapolitan Inspection will reveal whether your target is Vanilla Town (with no modifiers) or not.

    Submit your Night Action each night using the form below the game thread. You may change your target as many times as you want. The last action submitted will be used.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafia Host
    Role PM for Example Game

    You are Town Bodyguard. You win when all threats to Town have been eliminated.

    Town Bodyguard

    As Town Bodyguard, you have access to the Guarding Night Action. Guarding another player will cause you to die instead if that player is targeted by a kill on the same night. Submit your Night Action each night using the form below the game thread. You may change your target as many times as you want. The last action submitted will be used.

    If you do not submit an action, you will forego your action on that night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafia Host
    Role PM for Example Game

    You are Vanilla Town. You win when all threats to Town have been eliminated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafia Host
    Role PM for Example Game

    You are Mafia Role Cop. You win when you overpower the town and eliminate any other evil faction(s) in the game. Your teammates are:

    Mafia Team

    ...

    Mafia Chat: ...

    As Mafia, you have access to the Factional Night Kill Night Action. Players targeted with this action will die at the end of the Night unless protected. Submit your Night Action each night using the form below the game thread. You may change your target as many times as you want. The last action submitted will be used.

    If no Mafia submit an action, a player will be picked at random from the living non-Mafia players.



    Mafia Role Cop

    As Mafia Role Cop, you have access to the Role Inspection Night Action. Role Inspection will reveal a target's role and any role modifiers. Vanillas and Goons will inspect as Vanilla. Submit your Night Action each night using the form below the game thread. You may change your target as many times as you want. The last action submitted will be used.

    Inspection Results for Night 0 in Example Game

    Jiminy Cricket is Jailkeeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafia Host
    Role PM for Example Game

    You are Mafia Jailkeeper. You win when you overpower the town and eliminate any other evil faction(s) in the game. Your teammates are:

    Mafia Team

    ...

    Mafia Chat: ...

    As Mafia, you have access to the Factional Night Kill Night Action. Players targeted with this action will die at the end of the Night unless protected. Submit your Night Action each night using the form below the game thread. You may change your target as many times as you want. The last action submitted will be used.

    If no Mafia submit an action, a player will be picked at random from the living non-Mafia players.



    Mafia Jailkeeper

    As Mafia Jailkeeper, you have access to the Jailing Night Action. Jailing another player will both protect that player from being killed as well as prevent that player from being able to successfully use their Night Action that night. You will not learn whether your target was successfully protected from any kills, nor will you learn whether your target had a Night Action. Submit your Night Action each night using the form below the game thread. You may change your target as many times as you want. The last action submitted will be used. You cannot target the same player on consecutive nights.

    If you do not submit an action, you will forego your action on that night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafia Host
    Role PM for Example Game

    You are Mafia Goon. You win when you overpower the town and eliminate any other evil faction(s) in the game. Your teammates are:

    Mafia Team

    ...

    Mafia Chat: ...

    As Mafia, you have access to the Factional Night Kill Night Action. Players targeted with this action will die at the end of the Night unless protected. Submit your Night Action each night using the form below the game thread. You may change your target as many times as you want. The last action submitted will be used.

    If no Mafia submit an action, a player will be picked at random from the living non-Mafia players.

    Actual in-game Role PMs will be flavored. Flavor will be randomized and nonindicative of alignment; you may claim your flavor in the game thread.

    This is a mentor/mentee game, ideal for newer/less experienced players to get some personal help throughout the game! The way this will work is that each town and mafia mentee will have their own mentor to help guide them in their personal thread/chat. You may discuss reads privately; however, mentors should not impose their reads on their mentees. Mentors should not be speculated, discussed or referred to in the main thread. Please ask if you have any questions!

    Mentee signups: In the interest of ensuring that you know what you're in for, please PM myself (Mixolydia#8907) or @Bunnelby (Cute Beer#0314) as well as posting that you're in for the game in this thread in order to be added to the playerlist - you won't be added otherwise. You'll also need to fill out a brief form to indicate what you're most interested in improving on; we'll be distributing the link to this form privately.

    Mentor signups: The vast majority of mentors have already been contacted and have confirmed their participation. If you're interested in being a substitute mentor, please privately contact myself or Bunnelby.

    After the game, should there be interest, we are amenable to running some sort of fun game for the mentors.

    • Town wins when all threats to Town have been eliminated.
    • Mafia factions win when they achieve Parity.
    • Votes are automatically locked in at LYLO.
    • Sleeping is enabled. Vote for Sleep to forgo an elimination that Day.
    • Mafia factional kills are mandatory. Mafia must submit a factional kill each night, or a player outside their faction will be chosen at random.
    • Mafia factional kills are assigned. They can be tracked, watched, or roleblocked.
    • Mafia may communicate at any time.
    • Tied votes will result in a player being eliminated at random from among the tied players.

    1. @YOLOSWAG
    2.
    1. @zintle
    2. @wallape
    3.
  22. Replies
    1,775
    Views
    65,818

    Sticky: alexa Boquise Gorf Holyflare ...

    @alexa
    @Boquise
    @Gorf
    @Holyflare
    @Hornet
    @JohnCarter
    @katze
    @Pilica
    @Soneji
    @The Sun Fan
    @Thunal33
    @Vandyfan402
    @vanity.
    @Wiml
    @Wisdom

    Hi. I'm doing finale flavor this year. I have several ideas, and am having trouble choosing between them, so I turn to Viewers Like You.

    Would you prefer:
    - something funny
    - something spooky

    "i don't care, stop pinging me" is also a valid answer, though it's one that will cause me significant consternation between now and finale lmao
  23. Day 1#774

    Thread: The Longest Mafia Game Redux

    by Ampharos
    Replies
    906
    Views
    22,852

    Game Thread posting because i randomly remembered i was in...

    posting because i randomly remembered i was in this game and i want someone to remind me in like a week if i forget again

    haven't read anything yet but i'm gonna try to do so at some point Soon
  24. #9

    Thread: Labelization

    by Ampharos
    Replies
    14
    Views
    485

    Rejected The words you seem to take issue with are used as...

    The words you seem to take issue with are used as shorthand descriptors for behavior, not for people. With that in mind, I see no need for us to modify our descriptions of said behavior, as we're simply accurately reporting the rules violations that led to a user being banned from the site.

    If you feel we should strive for increased specificity in the moderation log, that's a conversation we can have, but I'm not sure it's the one you're trying to start here.
  25. Replies
    40
    Views
    951

    Walrus I have decided Ibuki Mioda will also be subbing...

    I have decided Ibuki Mioda will also be subbing to this.

    Probably.

    I unironically may not have enough weeb music.
  26. Completed i look forward to being retired gg all, wolves...

    i look forward to being retired

    gg all, wolves especially
  27. Completed https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/70876808401...

    Quote Originally Posted by Secondhand Revenant (#9564)
    I'm going to waste a post to spite you and tell you that I'm not going to vote until you sleep
  28. Completed I've done a cursory amount of research into TSF,...

    I've done a cursory amount of research into TSF, specifically to confirm the anti-bussing stuff. Had to go all the way back to 2017 to find a non-mash wolfgame, and even then we wind up with what's basically a mini-mash, but it'll have to do.

    In that game (this game), TSF busses exactly once, on D1. He was the first person on the wagon and sat on it for quite some time, seeing it grow from Literally Just Him to overtaking the lead wagon with 3 minutes left in the day. The rest of the game, he's on the counterwagon to literally every single scum vote, and I did find a post in his ISO (though I've lost it now, lol) where he talks about how much he dislikes bussing.

    My guess is that his push on Aquilla was either requested in wolfchat (since Aquilla is notoriously not a fan of wolfing) or was initially intended to be distancing, and he didn't actually expect the wagon to go over. The point being, I'm going to accept TSF's self-meta, and thus continue to not consider TSF/JPIC a world. And since I already eliminated TSF/Holy, that leaves me with SR/JPIC and SR/Holy.

    I still think JPIC is just way more likely to be a wolf than Holyflare, for reasons I've rehashed over and over again. Holyflare's come out today feeling like he's trying to break ground, like he's trying to solve things; JPIC's largely felt on the back foot the entire time. There's the self-vote stuff, which I believe. There's JPIC's low investment in the EoD where Pilica died - which, pot meet kettle, but I'll get to that in a bit.

    So this leaves me at JPIC/SR. Which was my solve earlier today. Which... definitely scares me a bit, in a "what? I'm not allowed to be right, this is $%#!ed up" kinda way. I'll probably wind up looking to TSF for guidance after the cap lifts, because I'm honestly not sure I bet the game on my own reads here, but if you forced me at gunpoint to vote now, I'd vote JPIC.

    ---

    @Holyflare

    EoD3 sucked.

    Pilica was wolfy. I knew that, I'd spent an entire irl night proving that, but then she made one stupid comment about mechanics and it wormed its way into my brain and refused to leave. I was leaning town on you at that point, though - mostly for AtE reasons - so heading into the final few hours of the day, I figured I'd just rely on someone else to tell me if those suspicions had any merit, and hold the line voting Pilica.

    The actual uncapped EoD was hard for me to keep track of, because there was a lot going on irl at the time, so my experience with the faster portion of the day was... disjointed. I know ejji came in trying to swing wagons onto me, and that it wasn't for compelling reasons. I know SR bit into ejji in a way that at the time I thought looked like villagery fire from him. I saw SJ's posts, and read SJ's posts, and kinda hated SJ's posts. I saw Pilica hate SJ's posts for similar reasons to why I did, and realized that I was no longer sure how she'd flip.

    Coming into EoD, I'd been pretty unshakeable in my belief that Justin had been a villager, and thus that SJ was also a villager. The problem, of course, is that SJ came in posting like a wolf, so I made a snap judgement call and moved my vote.

    And then IRL got really busy, and I missed huge chunks of the final half hour or so. I followed as best I could. I saw the Holyflare wagon pick up steam, and was growing frustrated with your selfvoting, so I figured you could die and that was probably fine, because at least we wouldn't have to try to solve you again the next day. I was holding to my snapread on Pilica, because I wasn't sure what else to do with her. I didn't wanna move to you because you were either at 4 or 5 votes, and I sure as hell didn't wanna hammer.

    I saw the swaps to Pilica. They came too late for me to put any real thought into it. All I could really think to do at that point was stare at the timer and hope.

    Am I happy with how I played that EoD? $%#! no. I'm sure as hell happy that it worked out, but I'm definitely mad at myself for nearly throwing that away, and it's extremely embarrassing to have been correctly voting a wolf heading into EoD only to wind up on a villager - and if you count d1, it's arguably the second time it's happened this game with the same player! $%#! me. Well played, Pilica.

    The best defense I can offer is that I was trying to keep things straight in my head and consider things from all angles but wasn't in a very good position to do so, and it went poorly as a result.

    ---

    Let the record show that although of course I'm praying for a redflip here, I'm definitely dreading the inevitable thunderdome with SR that's to follow. The best I can do is hope that my body of work and overall mindset make themselves evident, but if our v/v games are any indicator SR is very good at finding reasons to wolfread my town process. So we'll see how this goes, I guess.

    Gotta say, did NOT expect SR to be the final boss of my mafia career, but I guess it's poetic.

    ---

    This is probably my last post before I sleep, unless SR votes before I pass out, and even then I'll probably only pop in to confirm that the game's not over. I want to leave myself a couple of posts for the pre-capped period in the early afternoon, because I suspect I'm not going to sleep super well tonight.
  29. Completed If you were sitting on what you felt had a pretty...

    Quote Originally Posted by Holyflare (#9540)
    Quote Originally Posted by Secondhand Revenant (#9538)
    Quote Originally Posted by Holyflare (#9537)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#9535)
    no? i'm dead serious

    if SR is JPIC's partner i seriously don't think voting you wins him the game, and i think he would realize that
    It feels disingenous because you outed it before SR had even done anything or made his intentions properly clear.
    I mean she did it in response to me saying it about her first

    The weird thing to me is if I voted you it would be so out of left field given the views I have been expressing today I'm not sure why it would make her reconsider really. On the can this be a winning move axis maybe, but on the paying any attention to where my head is at axis not at all
    Sure, but I find it disingenous because:

    A) Uno reverse card

    B) What you've said above. I don't think there's a believable world where you just about turn on your read on me to the point where it would make Amy re-evaluate because afaik the majority of Amy's qualms are entirely not to do with your read on me or jpic.
    If you were sitting on what you felt had a pretty good chance of being the solve, and you were in the midst of formulating a theory on what their endgame plan was, and then one of the people involved in that solve turned around and accused you of attempting to execute that exact plan, would you not say as much?
  30. Completed I've seen more dramatic LYLO turnarounds. Whether...

    Quote Originally Posted by Secondhand Revenant (#9536)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#9532)
    Quote Originally Posted by Secondhand Revenant (#9529)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#9528)
    Quote Originally Posted by Secondhand Revenant (#9525)
    Why wouldn't you say it? Does it matter if it messes with my vote in some way when you're talking with this much confidence?
    I wasn't so confident that I was going to out it before you proved me right - if you voted Holy, I'd probably have to reassess to an extent.

    The only reason I've outed it now is because you flipping the read onto me bolstered my confidence in that being the world.
    I mean in a world I vote holy then don't you just think I'm with jpic even more?

    Why would it bolster it? You've been pushing me, I don't see a world in which you ought to be surprised I made that read
    On the contrary, in what world do you think either of myself/TSF are more likely to vote Holy than JPIC here?

    In the event that you voted Holy, I'd be having second thoughts about the solve because that vote seems SO blatantly aligned with JPIC that it seems like an extremely difficult position for an SR/JPIC team to actually win from.

    To put it succinctly, I think any team with JPIC plays for F3 here.
    I mean, given my exact trajectory in the thread I would think me voting Holy should be raising entirely different alarm bells than maybe SR is town

    Latter q still stands


    Also to save posts @Justplayingitcool probably going to vote you unless you can lay out something very compelling for partner world for hf and how it fits together and explain eod3 and such. Like why does Amy not vote one of her partners or, if you're going a crazy route, why does tsf bus pilica over hf? Keeping in mind vanity switch still left it at 4 holy 3 pilica
    I've seen more dramatic LYLO turnarounds. Whether or not you voting Holy would set off "uhh why is SR suddenly on this now" would depend pretty heavily on the leadup. I'm talking about pure vacuum votecounts.

    It bolsters my confidence because you accused me of doing the literal EXACT thing I thought you were going to do. "Take the thing I am currently trying to do and accuse a villager of doing it" is definitely something I've done as a wolf before.

    Quote Originally Posted by Holyflare (#9537)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#9535)
    Quote Originally Posted by Holyflare (#9534)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#9532)
    Quote Originally Posted by Secondhand Revenant (#9529)
    I mean in a world I vote holy then don't you just think I'm with jpic even more?

    Why would it bolster it? You've been pushing me, I don't see a world in which you ought to be surprised I made that read
    On the contrary, in what world do you think either of myself/TSF are more likely to vote Holy than JPIC here?

    In the event that you voted Holy, I'd be having second thoughts about the solve because that vote seems SO blatantly aligned with JPIC that it seems like an extremely difficult position for an SR/JPIC team to actually win from.

    To put it succinctly, I think any team with JPIC plays for F3 here.
    This feels extremely disingenous to the point where I don't believe that you believe it.
    no? i'm dead serious

    if SR is JPIC's partner i seriously don't think voting you wins him the game, and i think he would realize that
    It feels disingenous because you outed it before SR had even done anything or made his intentions properly clear.
    I mean... SR accused me of doing it first. That's what prompted me to say it. What I said to SR's second question basically applies here. I felt confident enough to out it because I felt SR was taking the thing he was currently doing and accusing me of doing said thing.
  31. Completed no? i'm dead serious if SR is JPIC's partner i...

    Quote Originally Posted by Holyflare (#9534)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#9532)
    Quote Originally Posted by Secondhand Revenant (#9529)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#9528)
    I wasn't so confident that I was going to out it before you proved me right - if you voted Holy, I'd probably have to reassess to an extent.

    The only reason I've outed it now is because you flipping the read onto me bolstered my confidence in that being the world.
    I mean in a world I vote holy then don't you just think I'm with jpic even more?

    Why would it bolster it? You've been pushing me, I don't see a world in which you ought to be surprised I made that read
    On the contrary, in what world do you think either of myself/TSF are more likely to vote Holy than JPIC here?

    In the event that you voted Holy, I'd be having second thoughts about the solve because that vote seems SO blatantly aligned with JPIC that it seems like an extremely difficult position for an SR/JPIC team to actually win from.

    To put it succinctly, I think any team with JPIC plays for F3 here.
    This feels extremely disingenous to the point where I don't believe that you believe it.
    no? i'm dead serious

    if SR is JPIC's partner i seriously don't think voting you wins him the game, and i think he would realize that
  32. Completed On the contrary, in what world do you think...

    Quote Originally Posted by Secondhand Revenant (#9529)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#9528)
    Quote Originally Posted by Secondhand Revenant (#9525)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#9523)
    I in fact have felt that you were intending to do the same, though I wasn't going to voice it until after your vote in case you surprised me and voted Holy.

    so uhhh. good job us, i guess? me for the read and you for the preemption?

    what a weird $%#!in' gamestate
    Why wouldn't you say it? Does it matter if it messes with my vote in some way when you're talking with this much confidence?
    I wasn't so confident that I was going to out it before you proved me right - if you voted Holy, I'd probably have to reassess to an extent.

    The only reason I've outed it now is because you flipping the read onto me bolstered my confidence in that being the world.
    I mean in a world I vote holy then don't you just think I'm with jpic even more?

    Why would it bolster it? You've been pushing me, I don't see a world in which you ought to be surprised I made that read
    On the contrary, in what world do you think either of myself/TSF are more likely to vote Holy than JPIC here?

    In the event that you voted Holy, I'd be having second thoughts about the solve because that vote seems SO blatantly aligned with JPIC that it seems like an extremely difficult position for an SR/JPIC team to actually win from.

    To put it succinctly, I think any team with JPIC plays for F3 here.
  33. Completed I wasn't so confident that I was going to out it...

    Quote Originally Posted by Secondhand Revenant (#9525)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#9523)
    Quote Originally Posted by Secondhand Revenant (#9519)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justplayingitcool (#9511)
    Can you go in more detail?
    I mean the most obvious is that you/holy is a bit of a crazy world (and also somewhat for same reasons as amy/holy for parking on sj as you say) and I do not see tsf at all, while I'm not seeing strong reasons against you/amy and I've had way more doubts on her and her handling of me today

    I'm also gonna say I feel like she's setting up for you to flip red and have to get me killed tomorrow
    I in fact have felt that you were intending to do the same, though I wasn't going to voice it until after your vote in case you surprised me and voted Holy.

    so uhhh. good job us, i guess? me for the read and you for the preemption?

    what a weird $%#!in' gamestate
    Why wouldn't you say it? Does it matter if it messes with my vote in some way when you're talking with this much confidence?
    I wasn't so confident that I was going to out it before you proved me right - if you voted Holy, I'd probably have to reassess to an extent.

    The only reason I've outed it now is because you flipping the read onto me bolstered my confidence in that being the world.
  34. Completed It's been a hot minute since I read the entire...

    Quote Originally Posted by Holyflare (#9521)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#9520)
    Quote Originally Posted by Holyflare (#9513)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#9501)
    The obvious counterargument to this is that you could still be a wolf with SR (or TSF, if you wanna go that route).

    The fact that JPIC doesn't seem to be considering this is noted.
    Not sure how that's a counter argument? The intent to kill myself still exists, I'm putting my team at a huge disadvantage and potentially spewing a bunch of people for no reason.

    I've played this game for well over 10 years and I can't think of a single time where I would have been this much of a $%#! to a team and I've played with some really awful people. I just play to win at all times.

    I can, however, remember a bunch of times where I've $%#!ed over town by doing the same thing. Either getting annoyed at not being listened to, or using it to get people to re-evaluate.
    To clarify, I think it's possible you parked your vote on yourself knowing that your third partner could swap to save you, thus creating the illusion of intent to die without necessarily ever intending for it to actually go through.

    The wildcard in this is Esooa, whose posting up to that point I would need to reread.
    If you can say this after reading EoD 3 with a straight face then maybe you are just mafia :/
    It's been a hot minute since I read the entire sequence. Mostly been living it through ISOs and votecounts.

    I still think it's less likely than JPIC being a wolf. I'm just being thorough.
  35. Completed I in fact have felt that you were intending to do...

    Quote Originally Posted by Secondhand Revenant (#9519)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justplayingitcool (#9511)
    Quote Originally Posted by Secondhand Revenant (#9509)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justplayingitcool (#9506)
    If you think i am a wolf, who is my partner?
    Amy? That would be the first person I consider
    Can you go in more detail?
    I mean the most obvious is that you/holy is a bit of a crazy world (and also somewhat for same reasons as amy/holy for parking on sj as you say) and I do not see tsf at all, while I'm not seeing strong reasons against you/amy and I've had way more doubts on her and her handling of me today

    I'm also gonna say I feel like she's setting up for you to flip red and have to get me killed tomorrow
    I in fact have felt that you were intending to do the same, though I wasn't going to voice it until after your vote in case you surprised me and voted Holy.

    so uhhh. good job us, i guess? me for the read and you for the preemption?

    what a weird $%#!in' gamestate
  36. Completed To clarify, I think it's possible you parked your...

    Quote Originally Posted by Holyflare (#9513)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#9501)
    Quote Originally Posted by Holyflare (#9491)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justplayingitcool (#9489)
    And that would have spewed pilica as probably clear
    1) No, it wouldn't. I can almost guarantee people still go after Pilica the next day because the reasons to scum read her still exist.

    2) Probably why you made the mistake of voting me, but if you knew how I play as mafia I don't think you'd ever use this reasoning
    The obvious counterargument to this is that you could still be a wolf with SR (or TSF, if you wanna go that route).

    The fact that JPIC doesn't seem to be considering this is noted.
    Not sure how that's a counter argument? The intent to kill myself still exists, I'm putting my team at a huge disadvantage and potentially spewing a bunch of people for no reason.

    I've played this game for well over 10 years and I can't think of a single time where I would have been this much of a $%#! to a team and I've played with some really awful people. I just play to win at all times.

    I can, however, remember a bunch of times where I've $%#!ed over town by doing the same thing. Either getting annoyed at not being listened to, or using it to get people to re-evaluate.
    To clarify, I think it's possible you parked your vote on yourself knowing that your third partner could swap to save you, thus creating the illusion of intent to die without necessarily ever intending for it to actually go through.

    The wildcard in this is Esooa, whose posting up to that point I would need to reread.
  37. Completed So why not now?

    Quote Originally Posted by Justplayingitcool (#9503)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#9501)
    Quote Originally Posted by Holyflare (#9491)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justplayingitcool (#9489)
    And that would have spewed pilica as probably clear
    1) No, it wouldn't. I can almost guarantee people still go after Pilica the next day because the reasons to scum read her still exist.

    2) Probably why you made the mistake of voting me, but if you knew how I play as mafia I don't think you'd ever use this reasoning
    The obvious counterargument to this is that you could still be a wolf with SR (or TSF, if you wanna go that route).

    The fact that JPIC doesn't seem to be considering this is noted.
    I’ve been calling SR as holy’s probable partner for the last 3 cycles
    So why not now?
  38. Completed The obvious counterargument to this is that you...

    Quote Originally Posted by Holyflare (#9491)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justplayingitcool (#9489)
    Quote Originally Posted by Holyflare (#9484)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justplayingitcool (#9479)
    And you got townread to hell and back because of it. The self vote is not towny in lylo
    Lol, to anyone else that wants to re-read EoD 3, check the time vote switches happened and realise it's literally on the deadline that people switched off me so it was clear I was just content killing myself.

    No offence to Pilica, but I don't think I ever sacrifice myself in the hopes that she could end game.
    And that would have spewed pilica as probably clear
    1) No, it wouldn't. I can almost guarantee people still go after Pilica the next day because the reasons to scum read her still exist.

    2) Probably why you made the mistake of voting me, but if you knew how I play as mafia I don't think you'd ever use this reasoning
    The obvious counterargument to this is that you could still be a wolf with SR (or TSF, if you wanna go that route).

    The fact that JPIC doesn't seem to be considering this is noted.
  39. Completed TSF is not a wolf with SR (or myself) via...

    TSF is not a wolf with SR (or myself) via mechanical confirmation.

    TSF is not a wolf with JPIC, because bussing JPIC yesterday would have been both asinine and against his philosophy. Additionally, I don't think his reaction to JPIC's vote meshes with him being JPIC's partner.

    TSF is not a wolf with Holyflare, and my concrete reason for thinking so is hemispheres. That team has a borderline free win if JPIC votes one of SR/myself, as seemed quite likely for a while; for TSF to go and set up a dichotomy where JPIC is strongly incentivized to vote for TSF's partner seems a needlessly stupid gambit to me.

    Perhaps that's thin, but it doesn't need to be super substantial given it fits how I already feel about TSF's behavior. He's just a villager.

    Ergo: SR is a wolf unless JPIC/Holyflare is w/w. I don't think JPIC/Holyflare is w/w, and if it is, there's no real risk whichever way I vote lmao

    Guess I'm solving for X.
  40. Completed I'm winning the battle even harder now, because...

    Quote Originally Posted by The Sun Fan (#9457)
    Quote Originally Posted by Secondhand Revenant (#9455)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sun Fan (#9454)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#9452)
    i may refrain from posting until i see holyflare's reaction

    presumably he'll be up before i sleep, given The Way That I Am

    the temptation to try to call out of work tomorrow is overwhelming but i don't think i can get away with it
    if you're a wolf, adding the caps again now is a superbly nice touch of self-awareness/memory I guess
    That is an Amy thing to caps some things for emphasis like that
    yeah, but she said a thing earlier, which you're missing/forgot

    she's still winning the "forget the most things" battle though
    I'm winning the battle even harder now, because I'm honestly not sure what you're referring to. I know I've talked about my posting style before but I thought it was just to say "I have nothing resembling a consistent style and refuse to adopt one".

    Quote Originally Posted by Justplayingitcool (#9459)
    Quote Originally Posted by Secondhand Revenant (#9447)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justplayingitcool (#9445)
    Quote Originally Posted by Secondhand Revenant (#9443)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justplayingitcool (#9438)
    I don’t think amy is/was more likely than holy. I think i put her on equal footing with yourself as the second

    What was unclear? I think i said i felt the kill was a good look for amy. But during my interactions I suddenly forgot why i had her and holy as not w/w. When holy reminded me of my reasons, I didn’t think they held up in the lylo light

    I think tsf has been the villagerest person in this game and it’s a read i’ve never really wavered on from since day 2
    I meant why is Amy closer to the chopping block than me for you cuz I really feel like you were considering me for voting earlier in the day and now just because Amy is viable thats enough that I'm not in the second lowest spot anymore is my thing
    I was briefly thinking about voting for you but that was only a fleeting moment

    I was always going to end up voting holyflare. That was where i was going to go when i made my post last night confirming i made up my mind
    Okay yes thats fine its more about me/Amy ordering

    And yeah you said gth then I asked for more because I want a more complete worldview from you now that your perspective is Holy is outed wolf to you
    Not really sure what else to add

    As holy is an outed wolf, the pilica and holy wagons are even more interesting to me because it meant we had w/w wagons building. It means the reasons for thinking your switch was towny doesn’t really apply or holds water anymore, same with tsf - but as i said i think he was villagery. We also had a superjack wagon which was mainly built for reactions, and i’ll be surprised if scum didn’t try to pivot onto that to keep holy and pilica alive

    Also on your vote switch, if you’re a wolf you decided to switch because it would have given you decent amount of credit for it, and i think this would have been planned if so. The question i ask is why keep holy alive, he seemed pretty burnt out but maybe as i type this all out this was a plan to spew both of you clear to maximise from a pretty $%#!ty eod3 for the wolves

    Also surprised the wolves didn’t take up on ejji’s offer to cfd you for the last 5 mins. I guess they either felt they were better off killing jack or you’re a wolf

    Amy cased pilica and called them out for their wolfiness before everyone else iirc. Would a partner!amy do that? Initially i felt so, but I don’t think this holds up to water. I know i was talking about amy/holy pairings but i do remember another reason for thinking amy was a villager and that was i was trying to bait reactions by playing the victim and i sorta thought their reaction was townish in the moment

    @Ampharos - what was your thought process EoD3? I know you said you would have switched to pilica to gain cred, so i ask why didn’t you?
    Said this to Holyflare earlier, but: I thought Pilica's conviction on SJ was villagery, combined with the fact that I thought SJ was wolfing (and I really just didn't want to deal with parsing Holyflare selfvoting, tbh). So I made a bad snapread and swapped to SJ.

    There was one point where I almost swapped onto Holyflare after the point - think I said something along the lines of "yeah Holy can die here" - but I was worried about bringing it into hammer range, I think? And thus refrained. Didn't really consider swapping back to Pilica, and wasn't sure what to do when the wagon I suspected most was a dead wagon and I had basically no time left (thanks again for these EoD times, Lissa!)
  41. Completed i may refrain from posting until i see...

    i may refrain from posting until i see holyflare's reaction

    presumably he'll be up before i sleep, given The Way That I Am

    the temptation to try to call out of work tomorrow is overwhelming but i don't think i can get away with it
  42. Completed gonna focus on backreading/long form thoughts for...

    gonna focus on backreading/long form thoughts for a bit

    to make this post not a waste, have a music

  43. Completed I don't think SR meant that you had me as being a...

    Quote Originally Posted by Justplayingitcool (#9438)
    Quote Originally Posted by Secondhand Revenant (#9435)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justplayingitcool (#9432)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sun Fan (#9425)
    last I asked, you were at her being more townie from the esooa nightkill, I know you said you thought you missed something, but talk to me there
    I thought amy was townier because i felt she could only be partnered with esooa, and at the time i felt it was a good look for amy

    However, i came to the realisation at some point today asking myself why holy/amy didn’t exist. Originally i had it as not w/w because holy was spending a significant amount of time isoing amy.

    I felt today this is no longer as strong because of lylo reasons. I also remembered in my qualifier i spent a significant amount of time isoing my partner pawn, mainly to towncase him and try to keep him alive. If Amy is a wolf she didn’t vote either pilica or holy, but landed on superjack. As holy is a wolf, amy has no option but to keep their vote on superjack to try and save both of them

    The one sticking point is i think amy would have ended up joinung one of the wagons in order to gain some cred. Not sure how viable a superjack yeet was at day 3
    What gets me here, and it might be the way you solve but eh, is that you just say it's possible for it to be Amy now and it's not clear to me how that puts her at more likely level
    I don’t think amy is/was more likely than holy. I think i put her on equal footing with yourself as the second

    What was unclear? I think i said i felt the kill was a good look for amy. But during my interactions I suddenly forgot why i had her and holy as not w/w. When holy reminded me of my reasons, I didn’t think they held up in the lylo light

    I think tsf has been the villagerest person in this game and it’s a read i’ve never really wavered on from since day 2
    I don't think SR meant that you had me as being a more likely wolf than Holy. I think SR meant "why is Amy a more likely Holy partner than me [SR]?"
  44. Completed goddammit why is THIS the phase i have to care...

    goddammit why is THIS the phase i have to care about the cap

    Quote Originally Posted by Justplayingitcool (#9432)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sun Fan (#9425)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justplayingitcool (#9417)
    Quote Originally Posted by Secondhand Revenant (#9416)
    I am going to say that after what tsf said that feels super unelightening overall lol

    I'm asking because atp I need to give a chance and see what exactly you're using to sort everything
    If you’re asking for gth, i lean on amy as the second
    last I asked, you were at her being more townie from the esooa nightkill, I know you said you thought you missed something, but talk to me there
    I thought amy was townier because i felt she could only be partnered with esooa, and at the time i felt it was a good look for amy

    However, i came to the realisation at some point today asking myself why holy/amy didn’t exist. Originally i had it as not w/w because holy was spending a significant amount of time isoing amy.

    I felt today this is no longer as strong because of lylo reasons. I also remembered in my qualifier i spent a significant amount of time isoing my partner pawn, mainly to towncase him and try to keep him alive. If Amy is a wolf she didn’t vote either pilica or holy, but landed on superjack. As holy is a wolf, amy has no option but to keep their vote on superjack to try and save both of them

    The one sticking point is i think amy would have ended up joinung one of the wagons in order to gain some cred. Not sure how viable a superjack yeet was at day 3
    I maintain that I would have finished off the Pilica bus as a wolf, since I'd been working on that for most of the preceding phase and would have gotten a bonkers amount of cred for it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Secondhand Revenant (#9435)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justplayingitcool (#9432)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sun Fan (#9425)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justplayingitcool (#9417)
    If you’re asking for gth, i lean on amy as the second
    last I asked, you were at her being more townie from the esooa nightkill, I know you said you thought you missed something, but talk to me there
    I thought amy was townier because i felt she could only be partnered with esooa, and at the time i felt it was a good look for amy

    However, i came to the realisation at some point today asking myself why holy/amy didn’t exist. Originally i had it as not w/w because holy was spending a significant amount of time isoing amy.

    I felt today this is no longer as strong because of lylo reasons. I also remembered in my qualifier i spent a significant amount of time isoing my partner pawn, mainly to towncase him and try to keep him alive. If Amy is a wolf she didn’t vote either pilica or holy, but landed on superjack. As holy is a wolf, amy has no option but to keep their vote on superjack to try and save both of them

    The one sticking point is i think amy would have ended up joinung one of the wagons in order to gain some cred. Not sure how viable a superjack yeet was at day 3
    What gets me here, and it might be the way you solve but eh, is that you just say it's possible for it to be Amy now and it's not clear to me how that puts her at more likely level
    This is a good and incisive point, and I kind of hate that it is because it does super weird things to my reads.
  45. Completed at pure face value i still think holyflare is...

    at pure face value i still think holyflare is much more villagery than jpic

    but i'm dotting every i and crossing every t, because i've already voted wrong once in a champs semis lylo and doing it a second time might actually kill me

    to that end, i will not be placing my vote before the postcap lifts tomorrow, assuming the game is still going by then
  46. Completed holyflare/tsf is still hell world, and is perhaps...

    holyflare/tsf is still hell world, and is perhaps the one i should look to eliminate first

    if i do that, it becomes a game of "who is the third with SR" off pure worldbuilding, assuming my previous eliminations are correct

    that's... probably easier said than done, given how successful my worldbuilding w/ pilica's been up to this point
  47. Completed my friend, it is lylo and you are thunderdoming ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Justplayingitcool (#9417)
    Quote Originally Posted by Secondhand Revenant (#9416)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justplayingitcool (#9414)
    Quote Originally Posted by Secondhand Revenant (#9411)
    Jpic, who's your team with hf here?
    atm it’s you or amy

    I think tsf has been villagery this phase

    I don’t really like holy is trying undermine my holy/amy pairing that i was exploring
    I am going to say that after what tsf said that feels super unelightening overall lol

    I'm asking because atp I need to give a chance and see what exactly you're using to sort everything
    If you’re asking for gth, i lean on amy as the second
    my friend, it is lylo and you are thunderdoming

    the time for gth is over
  48. Completed jpic/hf jpic/tsf jpic/sr hf/tsf hf/sr tsf/sr...

    jpic/hf
    jpic/tsf
    jpic/sr
    hf/tsf
    hf/sr
    tsf/sr

    jpic/hf and jpic/tsf are dumb worlds if you subscribe to the assertion that bussing yesterday was dumb. furthermore, think crossing here is kinda dumb if w/w, though haven't thought about that super super thoroughly yet bc i think it's unlikely anyways

    leaves:
    jpic/sr
    hf/tsf
    hf/sr

    it's interesting that jpic is only viable in one of those worlds, and it's the world where my "the other 2 are just villagerier" solve is correct

    little concerned on that front, for paranoia reasons

    but here's the jumping off point as i see it
  49. Completed god i thought i'd feel LESS anxious after the...

    god i thought i'd feel LESS anxious after the crossvote

    but it's happening, huh

    we're podracing
  50. Completed hurdle #1 cleared, then suppose i'll put ace...

    hurdle #1 cleared, then

    suppose i'll put ace attorney down and solve the game
Results 1 to 50 of 3000
Page 1 of 60 1 2 3 4
about us
Mafia Universe is a community hub for people who enjoy playing the forum variant of Mafia (also known as Werewolf). We offer fully automated Mafia games and a wide variety of customized features crafted to optimize your game experience. We also proudly host the Internet's only database of Mafia/Werewolf communities.

We hope you stick around!
Role of the Day
Arms Dealer

The Arms Dealer may each night target someone and turn them into a vigilante for the night, making the target kill whoever they use their night action on, if they have one. If the Arms Dealer targets a vigilante, the vigilante will die.