Search:

Type: Posts; User: Variance

Page 1 of 60 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 0.05 seconds.

  1. Day 2#1156

    Thread: Lime's Light Matrix 13er #2

    by Variance
    Replies
    1,317
    Views
    11,737

    Game Thread i did but that said it was in champs and my...

    Quote Originally Posted by tessepia (#1154)
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy (#1141)
    Vandy(primary scumread): I still like his original entrance though the reasoning for a lot of his reads in p#325 is very surface level? And one thing I noticed between his town game and wolf game is that his wolf game lacks a lot of nuance to his reads. Like his reasoning to tr people amount to things such as “good progression and I like the way they navigate the thread “ “the way they solve and talk is towny” these reasons are all very general and lack any specific details to it. Vandy is also an early voter of guillo and states his reasoning is for not liking guillos reads but he never really made an attempt to understand guillos reads p#472. He approached essoa and phighter with paranoia but not a healthy type of paranoia moreso he’s just focused on trying to discredit trs on them p#571. Im just struggling to find anything I like in this iso tbh
    Have you looked at his wolf game? Someone else did and they said he's obvious town here so I kinda just took that for rn
    i did

    but that said it was in champs and my main reasoning was he felt overall way more nervous there than he does here

    but that could easily just be because it's champs

    so really i probably should not be as confident as i am in that read
  2. Day 2#1151

    Thread: Lime's Light Matrix 13er #2

    by Variance
    Replies
    1,317
    Views
    11,737

    Game Thread i am just extremely confused and i am probably...

    i am just extremely confused and i am probably hard misclearing someone

    i think happy's town gs4u3aifjhbhriejifwovnireofkpwejkn
  3. Day 2#1102

    Thread: Lime's Light Matrix 13er #2

    by Variance
    Replies
    1,317
    Views
    11,737

    Game Thread ok actually nvm $%#! something came up but i'll...

    ok actually nvm $%#! something came up but i'll try to do some things in the time i have
  4. Day 2#1101

    Thread: Lime's Light Matrix 13er #2

    by Variance
    Replies
    1,317
    Views
    11,737

    Game Thread ok time to go super tryhard mode actually i'll be...

    ok time to go super tryhard mode actually i'll be back with content 1 hr before eod where i'm not post restricted
  5. Day 2#1096

    Thread: Lime's Light Matrix 13er #2

    by Variance
    Replies
    1,317
    Views
    11,737

    Game Thread i have no $%#!ing idea actually im so confused...

    Quote Originally Posted by Cape90 (#1087)
    ##Unvote Variance

    Okay okay.

    Uh I suppose I will get off this and dive a little deeper.

    BTW who are the 2 mafia do you think Variance?
    i have no $%#!ing idea actually im so confused because everyone feels towny rn

    gun to head exactly one of happy/hydre is wolf but that's about as far as i've gotten

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydreigon25 (#1086)
    Quote Originally Posted by Variance (#1085)
    i ran out of storage in animal crossing sadge
    November 5th


    need it now

    Quote Originally Posted by Cape90 (#1088)
    Quote Originally Posted by Variance (#581)
    ##Vote Vandyfan402
    Quote Originally Posted by Variance (#596)
    ##Unvote Vandyfan402

    nvm lol xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Variance (#604)
    vandy probs town actually
    i kinda like how quick all 3 of these came out about Vandy
    lol i think that was before and after i looked at vandy's past games on here
  6. Day 2#1085

    Thread: Lime's Light Matrix 13er #2

    by Variance
    Replies
    1,317
    Views
    11,737

    Game Thread i ran out of storage in animal crossing sadge

    i ran out of storage in animal crossing sadge
  7. Day 2#1084

    Thread: Lime's Light Matrix 13er #2

    by Variance
    Replies
    1,317
    Views
    11,737

    Game Thread Twice Shrunk why do you think i'm villager ...

    @Twice Shrunk why do you think i'm villager

    given i'm starting to become a wagon and you're the person i've played with most out of this playerlist by a good margin, your opinion matters quite a lot here

    i'll tell you my reasons for why i have you as villa too
  8. Day 2#1083

    Thread: Lime's Light Matrix 13er #2

    by Variance
    Replies
    1,317
    Views
    11,737

    Game Thread no there wasn't even any reasons presented...

    Quote Originally Posted by Cape90 (#1074)
    Quote Originally Posted by Variance (#1008)
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurentus (#986)
    Hydre - I just can't with this slot. He might not be pro-mafia, but he's certainly anti-town with his fluff posting, pushes and inability to cooperate. Must be placed at lower reaches of PoE.

    Happy - I don't think I need to expand more on Happy. Play as scum and town are equally bad. But Happy's actions were objectively anti-town, so to the bottom this slot goes, despite now claiming and trying to seemingly solve. Tone is goddamned genuine, but I don't do tone reads, I've been burnt too much. Actively shuts conversation down when it goes in a direction he gets tilted by, which is again anti-town.

    Twice - Yeah, revisiting ISO, now. Makes somewhat aggressive pushes, but it still seems super surface-level, and upon reread, it actually feels like his early pushes were way better than his latter ones. Seldom gives reasons for his votes, as with P#91. Has a towncore that he just handwaves away by saying "it's ultralight, skrubs" and stubbornly refuses to explain. Lands on the wrong vote at EoD. I can kinda get behind Absinthe's take that not adding him into town core is bad, although I disagree with that take when it comes to me. I am almost certain he's never W/W with Happy, the way he has hammered that slot from the start, so that's something. Would call this open-wolfing if other leads run dry and murderise as necessary. I just don't have the energy do another full ISO read, it just grates me too much.

    Phighter - Second post in the game is a naked vote on Outlier which took me by surprise. States at P#335 that his strongest opinion is that Colin is Town, second-strongest is that Guillo is Town and people are misreading due to being unfamiliar with play style, which low-key contradicts late-phase where he asks people to please not kill his one townread. This is even pointed out by Colin. Just reinforces Guillo's take that Happy seems to be shutting down discussion at P#337, which is something I agree with. He obviously came to the right conclusion about Guillo at P#340, but didn't expand on his read, which is kinda anti-town, because you would wanna make other townies aware of the meta that supports your reasoning so they don't misyeet, Guillo, maybe? Gives a naked TR on Twice at P#619 and says he wants to yeet Hydre for placing Twice as Wolf. Eh. I can kinda get that. I just feel like it's energy wasted to try and explain myself to Hydre when all I'm gonna get out of it is some $%#! like "idk," but I feel the same way about Twice, so there's that. Even if Hydre is a lost cause, at least explain the read to other townies. Again, not doing so is anti-town. P#636 could be pocketing, looking back. At P#640, Absinthe wants to CFD Twice, and he vehemently objects, again without reason, which is now starting to look like either TMI or powerwolfing his scumbud away from the PoE if I view it through the lens of scum. P#643 is just ironic, since "making $%#! up and hoping it sticks" is really not far removed from what I've seen Twice do so far, who he's TRing as an obnoxious townie. P#650 could set up the lynch for the next day. It's worth pointing out that He has not addressed Happy in any significant way or commented on his alignment at all before this post. So this kinda feels unearned and lazy if town, or just plain scummy. Okay, but then the part that just really makes it difficult to call this slot scum is the last-minute save for Guillo at P#681. I know of Phighter from reputation because the first champs qualifier I ever played in back in 2019, where someone in spec chat actually described (iirc) a scum game he won as "you got phightered." If I assume competence, then I really think that he could have just stayed on his $%#! little vanity wagon, left it drawn between Guillo and Outlier, and skill his way out of it the next day without too much fuss. I don't exactly know how a draw gets resolved in the game, but I imagine it's better than having your scumbud hang. Ugh, I'm going to have to read that champs game, aren't I? But yeah, I actually came away from this ISO with a slight town-lean, now, pending more info. There is some anti-town $%#!, but it's easily explained away by slanky town just not caring to try all that hard in what is supposed to be a light game. Will consider flipping if Happy flips green.

    Variance - Starts off with some LAMIST $%#! at P#15 and then says he's not gonna try to read Vandy for the exact same thing at P#43. Gives a very low-effort TR to Twice in the same post. The take I am really, really worried about in P#43 is where he says Happy, at that point seemingly shutting down discussion, is just NAI. Like what. What is your definition of a scummy action, then? Anti-town is anti-town. Also, you know who also says they're a villager and never rands Wolf? Wiml. Wiml has that same strat. I don't buy it. Gives a gut-read that Guillo is villa at P#44. I'll just note it for now and see if it gets contradicted later. I'm not going to post all the examples of him memeing, that's just too much work for no gain. I feel like Cape's wall at P#94 actually kinda got the response it deserved from Variance, and I wanna town-read it for tone, but I don't believe in tone, soooo... P#130 - Says that Guillo as Wolf tries to appease town and is not doing that in this game. Okay, @tessepia, I trust you rn and want to know 1) if that's true, and 2) if it was obvious it wasn't happening in this game and it therefore made Guillo clear Town. Right now it looks good for Variance, though, because he stuck to this read the whole day, iirc. P#137 feels genuine, and I can't recall what you think of Twice's alignment. I would actually like a concrete example of this in action at P#144, if you please, Variance. Also, why does your posting style feel so familiar? Have we played before? Challenges Twice in a very genuine-sounding way at P#154. P#173 feels like it is way too easy to use as an excuse to handwave bad scumplay, with the potential for "I was acting intentionally scummy to see who bites" but I'm gonna chill it with that read, because I do it as Town, too. Have never had the balls to do it as scum though. I just wanna lock-town forever for P#321, but I can't. I hate the naked read at P#350, for the same anti-town bull$%#! I explained in Phighter's read. Just assume I hate all naked reads. Okay, please enlighten me about P#357. If Twice makes sense as obvtown, then the PoE becomes laughably easy. P#361 - Couldn't say this because of post-count, but aw, thanks. I like yours too. P#372 - Yeah, see, this post just grates me. You've been giving naked reads like this the whole damn day, and ended up giving one on the dude we know is scum, where you said you were tempted to call him cringe villa and ignore. No, do the work. P#386 - is this familiarity with Hydreigon? P#458 looks so, so bad. Oh, no, Variance, my sweet summer child, what are you doing at P#520? You said you'd sheep Twice onto the Guillo wagon if it was between Guillo and Outlier. I honestly hope this is not what it looks like. Twice's $%#! is way too hard to read because he doesn't $%#!ing quote. $%#!ing quote, Twice. P#531 - do so now. P#542 - nooooo..... P#551 - noooo..... P#557 - $%#!ING YES! P#649 - noooo, why u no save if u belieb dis? Goddammit, just based on d1, I am coming away with a scumlean, and D2 hasn't been a massive improvement. He mentioned Absinthe as spewed clear, which I like, but eh.

    And I have now run out of energy to continue ISOing. Be back later.
    no offense but whatever this wall is re: me is shallow and i don't know how you're coming to any conclusion based on most of what you're saying because you're literally mostly just saying what i'm doing and going "is this wrong? bad. is this right? cool"

    a commentary of what i'm doing isn't necessary when people can just read my iso, and the insinuation that every right thing = villagery and every wrong thing = wolfy is grating

    also 'anti-town always = scummy' is a take that i despise
    being scumread for the wrong reasons today eh? Yeah I hate that too as mafia.
    no

    there wasn't even any reasons presented here as for why i might be scum, literally just a commentary of what i'm doing

    even if it was something as simple as "this slot is underwhelming" then i'd actually understand a scum read

    Quote Originally Posted by Cape90 (#1074)
    So anyway, are you going to answer:

    "really worried about in P#43 is where he says Happy, at that point seemingly shutting down discussion, is just NAI. Like what. What is your definition of a scummy action, then?"

    "Anti-town is anti-town. Also, you know who also says they're a villager and never rands Wolf?"

    "I would actually like a concrete example of this in action at P#144, if you please, Variance. Also, why does your posting style feel so familiar? Have we played before?"

    "P#386 - is this familiarity with Hydreigon?"

    "P#649 - noooo, why u no save if u belieb dis?"

    Or are we going to just ignore these concerns about Lauren's wall and give a shallow response to what you consider a shallow wall?
    i mean my responses to most of these questions make ~zero difference to gamestate nor should they really affect anyone's read of me at all but ok

    there's a difference between shutting down discussion and shutting down twice's endless nagging which can actually be annoying to deal with, which is why i said it's likely NAI because it could go either way quite easily. scummy actions are largely context dependent so i don't think there's a definitive set in stone description for what they are; equating being anti-town with being scummy, while it can be correct to do so in certain contexts, is certainly not an end all be all for the definition of "scummy" and i think it's incredibly ignorant to think so

    a 2 minute read of my games on this site will tell you the last few games i've had i say something like "im villager again lol" or "this is the 3984743834th time i've randed villager", and in all of them i'm town. this should tell you literally nothing about my alignment

    cba to go back to find examples of meta on a dead villager lol. pretty sure i havent played with laurentus before but i could be wrong

    think ive played with hydreigon in the past but im not too familiar with him

    eod1 i thought guillo and outlier were both villager about equally so i didn't really wanna vote either. technically i did partially save guillo by not voting him despite saying i would if it came down to being between guillo/outlier; again my opinion of guillo went up eod1 which is why i didn't vote him
  9. Day 2#1061

    Thread: Lime's Light Matrix 13er #2

    by Variance
    Replies
    1,317
    Views
    11,737

    Game Thread i mean i'm not exactly opposed to killing happy,...

    Quote Originally Posted by Phighter (#1046)
    Quote Originally Posted by Variance (#1044)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phighter (#1039)
    Quote Originally Posted by Variance (#1035)
    they are quite literally never the wolf team
    Happy claimed PR and didn't die yesterday why do you think that is

    Come on man, this isn't hard
    also btw this reasoning for happy wolf really is not as good as people are making it out to be when one of the possible setups has a town bulletproof and the other has a watcher and jker (albeit this one has a ninja making the watcher part kinda invalid in this context but still)

    and also wolves could have quite easily predicted v!happy being a fake pr claim, when even i brought up how happy was acting like vt prior to their claim
    Wolves know what the set-up is

    And based on the pile of dead bodies in the night being Uno town should start to figure it out as well

    Even if you don't wanna kill Happy, Hydregion is right there and then when he flips we can go back to Happy. It's not ideal but it's fine.
    i mean i'm not exactly opposed to killing happy, i think people are just giving too much credence to the idea that wolves would have attacked happy assuming happy villager

    i can definitely see very plausible worlds where they wouldn't with the context in mind
  10. Day 2#1056

    Thread: Lime's Light Matrix 13er #2

    by Variance
    Replies
    1,317
    Views
    11,737

    Game Thread you ever wonder why your view of an incompetent...

    Quote Originally Posted by Phighter (#1043)
    Quote Originally Posted by Variance (#1041)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phighter (#1039)
    Quote Originally Posted by Variance (#1035)
    they are quite literally never the wolf team
    Happy claimed PR and didn't die yesterday why do you think that is

    Come on man, this isn't hard
    i'm not saying neither are wolf, they're both quite far down in my reads list probably
    So you're saying you believe both could be wolves?

    I omitted where you implied an incompetent scum team that lost a wolf day one now has the foresight to distance when it seems apparent to me they are instead going with a "if you go down you're coming with me" Bonnie-Clyde approach

    TPTBP is not a thing (too partnery to be partnery)
    you ever wonder why your view of an incompetent team very clearly does not care about your push of them being the team at all and they continue to do the exact same thing which you have them as partners for

    the reaction would be incredibly different if they were the team

    it seems significantly more likely that if happy is wolf that they're fine with continuing what they're doing because it increases the odds that you'd strongly advocate for a v!hydre miselim after a w!happy elim

    "TPTBP" has nothing to do with it, it's literally just that the argument that they're the team is not logically sound at all on multiple levels
  11. Day 2#1044

    Thread: Lime's Light Matrix 13er #2

    by Variance
    Replies
    1,317
    Views
    11,737

    Game Thread also btw this reasoning for happy wolf really is...

    Quote Originally Posted by Phighter (#1039)
    Quote Originally Posted by Variance (#1035)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phighter (#1032)
    Quote Originally Posted by Variance (#1029)
    this game makes no sense to me
    Just vote Happy and Hydregion and win

    The rest of this is a bunch of tryharding

    This one ain't hard
    they are quite literally never the wolf team
    Happy claimed PR and didn't die yesterday why do you think that is

    Come on man, this isn't hard
    also btw this reasoning for happy wolf really is not as good as people are making it out to be when one of the possible setups has a town bulletproof and the other has a watcher and jker (albeit this one has a ninja making the watcher part kinda invalid in this context but still)

    and also wolves could have quite easily predicted v!happy being a fake pr claim, when even i brought up how happy was acting like vt prior to their claim
  12. Day 2#1041

    Thread: Lime's Light Matrix 13er #2

    by Variance
    Replies
    1,317
    Views
    11,737

    Game Thread i'm not saying neither are wolf, they're both...

    Quote Originally Posted by Phighter (#1039)
    Quote Originally Posted by Variance (#1035)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phighter (#1032)
    Quote Originally Posted by Variance (#1029)
    this game makes no sense to me
    Just vote Happy and Hydregion and win

    The rest of this is a bunch of tryharding

    This one ain't hard
    they are quite literally never the wolf team
    Happy claimed PR and didn't die yesterday why do you think that is

    Come on man, this isn't hard
    i'm not saying neither are wolf, they're both quite far down in my reads list probably

    they're just not partnered

    the wolf out of the 2 remaining wolves that knows they have a short lifespan doesn't do absolutely 0 distancing with their wolf partner, in fact doing the opposite by creating obvious ties

    i will literally bet thousands
  13. Day 2#1035

    Thread: Lime's Light Matrix 13er #2

    by Variance
    Replies
    1,317
    Views
    11,737

    Game Thread they are quite literally never the wolf team

    Quote Originally Posted by Phighter (#1032)
    Quote Originally Posted by Variance (#1029)
    this game makes no sense to me
    Just vote Happy and Hydregion and win

    The rest of this is a bunch of tryharding

    This one ain't hard
    they are quite literally never the wolf team
  14. Day 2#1029

    Thread: Lime's Light Matrix 13er #2

    by Variance
    Replies
    1,317
    Views
    11,737

    Game Thread this game makes no sense to me

    this game makes no sense to me
  15. Day 2#1015

    Thread: Lime's Light Matrix 13er #2

    by Variance
    Replies
    1,317
    Views
    11,737

    Game Thread the reason i thought outlier was likely a...

    the reason i thought outlier was likely a villager is simply because i've never seen any wolf play like they did

    they played with complete disregard of possible non-associative speculation down the line (see: absinthe and esooa who i thought and still think would absolutely just be spewed villager if outlier was wolf) and just in general commonly fell into a level of recklessness that i'd usually associate with villager based on experience

    the speculation over absinthe's account being a main or alt i also found to be villagery, especially with how he worded it as a "gotcha" sort of thing:

    The voting, ISOs. Ya know when I first started playing here I didn't know how to do any of that, much less terminology like ISO or OGI.

    You, who are supposed to be new here, seem quite comfortable with. I think you are lying about this being your main account. Main reason to do that, imho, is you randed scum
    there wasn't really much more to it than that. admittedly i was overconfident on the read because i thought this reasoning was actually better relative to my other ones except twice, but yeah
  16. Day 2#1012

    Thread: Lime's Light Matrix 13er #2

    by Variance
    Replies
    1,317
    Views
    11,737

    Game Thread fwiw since people keep bringing this up i...

    Quote Originally Posted by Variance (#321)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlier (#318)
    Quote Originally Posted by tessepia (#301)
    ##Vote Outlier
    Scummy much? This pings me like Absinthe's vote.
    Ive actually read several of your town games, think we were only together in Folk tale Mash briefly
    so Ill just note the obvious lack of progression on this vote and it being given without any additional input combined with the fact that its wrong probably means you are town though.
    fwiw since people keep bringing this up

    i posted this in response because i thought this was wolfy (which i think was implied) albeit i didn't say it outright, but obviously not enough to sway me from my later tr on him

    i didn't like him going from "Scummy much?" into an aggressive 'sort of town read' because it felt like the aggressiveness was used to escape his actual thought process re: esooa's slot; to say something without actually saying something, which is a common wolf trait imo
  17. Day 2#1008

    Thread: Lime's Light Matrix 13er #2

    by Variance
    Replies
    1,317
    Views
    11,737

    Game Thread no offense but whatever this wall is re: me is...

    Quote Originally Posted by Laurentus (#986)
    Hydre - I just can't with this slot. He might not be pro-mafia, but he's certainly anti-town with his fluff posting, pushes and inability to cooperate. Must be placed at lower reaches of PoE.

    Happy - I don't think I need to expand more on Happy. Play as scum and town are equally bad. But Happy's actions were objectively anti-town, so to the bottom this slot goes, despite now claiming and trying to seemingly solve. Tone is goddamned genuine, but I don't do tone reads, I've been burnt too much. Actively shuts conversation down when it goes in a direction he gets tilted by, which is again anti-town.

    Twice - Yeah, revisiting ISO, now. Makes somewhat aggressive pushes, but it still seems super surface-level, and upon reread, it actually feels like his early pushes were way better than his latter ones. Seldom gives reasons for his votes, as with P#91. Has a towncore that he just handwaves away by saying "it's ultralight, skrubs" and stubbornly refuses to explain. Lands on the wrong vote at EoD. I can kinda get behind Absinthe's take that not adding him into town core is bad, although I disagree with that take when it comes to me. I am almost certain he's never W/W with Happy, the way he has hammered that slot from the start, so that's something. Would call this open-wolfing if other leads run dry and murderise as necessary. I just don't have the energy do another full ISO read, it just grates me too much.

    Phighter - Second post in the game is a naked vote on Outlier which took me by surprise. States at P#335 that his strongest opinion is that Colin is Town, second-strongest is that Guillo is Town and people are misreading due to being unfamiliar with play style, which low-key contradicts late-phase where he asks people to please not kill his one townread. This is even pointed out by Colin. Just reinforces Guillo's take that Happy seems to be shutting down discussion at P#337, which is something I agree with. He obviously came to the right conclusion about Guillo at P#340, but didn't expand on his read, which is kinda anti-town, because you would wanna make other townies aware of the meta that supports your reasoning so they don't misyeet, Guillo, maybe? Gives a naked TR on Twice at P#619 and says he wants to yeet Hydre for placing Twice as Wolf. Eh. I can kinda get that. I just feel like it's energy wasted to try and explain myself to Hydre when all I'm gonna get out of it is some $%#! like "idk," but I feel the same way about Twice, so there's that. Even if Hydre is a lost cause, at least explain the read to other townies. Again, not doing so is anti-town. P#636 could be pocketing, looking back. At P#640, Absinthe wants to CFD Twice, and he vehemently objects, again without reason, which is now starting to look like either TMI or powerwolfing his scumbud away from the PoE if I view it through the lens of scum. P#643 is just ironic, since "making $%#! up and hoping it sticks" is really not far removed from what I've seen Twice do so far, who he's TRing as an obnoxious townie. P#650 could set up the lynch for the next day. It's worth pointing out that He has not addressed Happy in any significant way or commented on his alignment at all before this post. So this kinda feels unearned and lazy if town, or just plain scummy. Okay, but then the part that just really makes it difficult to call this slot scum is the last-minute save for Guillo at P#681. I know of Phighter from reputation because the first champs qualifier I ever played in back in 2019, where someone in spec chat actually described (iirc) a scum game he won as "you got phightered." If I assume competence, then I really think that he could have just stayed on his $%#! little vanity wagon, left it drawn between Guillo and Outlier, and skill his way out of it the next day without too much fuss. I don't exactly know how a draw gets resolved in the game, but I imagine it's better than having your scumbud hang. Ugh, I'm going to have to read that champs game, aren't I? But yeah, I actually came away from this ISO with a slight town-lean, now, pending more info. There is some anti-town $%#!, but it's easily explained away by slanky town just not caring to try all that hard in what is supposed to be a light game. Will consider flipping if Happy flips green.

    Variance - Starts off with some LAMIST $%#! at P#15 and then says he's not gonna try to read Vandy for the exact same thing at P#43. Gives a very low-effort TR to Twice in the same post. The take I am really, really worried about in P#43 is where he says Happy, at that point seemingly shutting down discussion, is just NAI. Like what. What is your definition of a scummy action, then? Anti-town is anti-town. Also, you know who also says they're a villager and never rands Wolf? Wiml. Wiml has that same strat. I don't buy it. Gives a gut-read that Guillo is villa at P#44. I'll just note it for now and see if it gets contradicted later. I'm not going to post all the examples of him memeing, that's just too much work for no gain. I feel like Cape's wall at P#94 actually kinda got the response it deserved from Variance, and I wanna town-read it for tone, but I don't believe in tone, soooo... P#130 - Says that Guillo as Wolf tries to appease town and is not doing that in this game. Okay, @tessepia, I trust you rn and want to know 1) if that's true, and 2) if it was obvious it wasn't happening in this game and it therefore made Guillo clear Town. Right now it looks good for Variance, though, because he stuck to this read the whole day, iirc. P#137 feels genuine, and I can't recall what you think of Twice's alignment. I would actually like a concrete example of this in action at P#144, if you please, Variance. Also, why does your posting style feel so familiar? Have we played before? Challenges Twice in a very genuine-sounding way at P#154. P#173 feels like it is way too easy to use as an excuse to handwave bad scumplay, with the potential for "I was acting intentionally scummy to see who bites" but I'm gonna chill it with that read, because I do it as Town, too. Have never had the balls to do it as scum though. I just wanna lock-town forever for P#321, but I can't. I hate the naked read at P#350, for the same anti-town bull$%#! I explained in Phighter's read. Just assume I hate all naked reads. Okay, please enlighten me about P#357. If Twice makes sense as obvtown, then the PoE becomes laughably easy. P#361 - Couldn't say this because of post-count, but aw, thanks. I like yours too. P#372 - Yeah, see, this post just grates me. You've been giving naked reads like this the whole damn day, and ended up giving one on the dude we know is scum, where you said you were tempted to call him cringe villa and ignore. No, do the work. P#386 - is this familiarity with Hydreigon? P#458 looks so, so bad. Oh, no, Variance, my sweet summer child, what are you doing at P#520? You said you'd sheep Twice onto the Guillo wagon if it was between Guillo and Outlier. I honestly hope this is not what it looks like. Twice's $%#! is way too hard to read because he doesn't $%#!ing quote. $%#!ing quote, Twice. P#531 - do so now. P#542 - nooooo..... P#551 - noooo..... P#557 - $%#!ING YES! P#649 - noooo, why u no save if u belieb dis? Goddammit, just based on d1, I am coming away with a scumlean, and D2 hasn't been a massive improvement. He mentioned Absinthe as spewed clear, which I like, but eh.

    And I have now run out of energy to continue ISOing. Be back later.
    no offense but whatever this wall is re: me is shallow and i don't know how you're coming to any conclusion based on most of what you're saying because you're literally mostly just saying what i'm doing and going "is this wrong? bad. is this right? cool"

    a commentary of what i'm doing isn't necessary when people can just read my iso, and the insinuation that every right thing = villagery and every wrong thing = wolfy is grating

    also 'anti-town always = scummy' is a take that i despise
  18. Day 2#1005

    Thread: Lime's Light Matrix 13er #2

    by Variance
    Replies
    1,317
    Views
    11,737

    Game Thread if they were buddies*** woops

    Quote Originally Posted by Variance (#1004)
    don't know where people are getting the idea that hydre and happy are wolf buddies because they're doing the exact opposite of what they would be doing if they were buddies, i would be willing to bet money that they're not

    i don't think the happy situation should be one where "they must die" due to mech, because either of the setup possibilities suggest decent reason for wolf to not want to attack a pr claim immediately, along with the potential that happy wasn't a real pr claim; wolves would actually have good incentive to believe this idea (see: happy at eod prior to the pr claim where they act like they aren't pr at all and i even point this out lol)
    if they were buddies*** woops
  19. Day 2#1004

    Thread: Lime's Light Matrix 13er #2

    by Variance
    Replies
    1,317
    Views
    11,737

    Game Thread don't know where people are getting the idea that...

    don't know where people are getting the idea that hydre and happy are wolf buddies because they're doing the exact opposite of what they would be doing if they were aligned, i would be willing to bet money that they're not

    i don't think the happy situation should be one where "they must die" due to mech, because either of the setup possibilities suggest decent reason for wolf to not want to attack a pr claim immediately, along with the potential that happy wasn't a real pr claim; wolves would actually have good incentive to believe this idea (see: happy at eod prior to the pr claim where they act like they aren't pr at all and i even point this out lol)
  20. Day 2#1003

    Thread: Lime's Light Matrix 13er #2

    by Variance
    Replies
    1,317
    Views
    11,737

    Game Thread but ig mafia have ninja so meh

    Quote Originally Posted by Variance (#1002)
    Quote Originally Posted by Variance (#995)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cape90 (#966)
    Okay, lame mechanical theory:

    Let's say Happy town

    Mafia could have not wanted to hit happy thinking they are BP which would indicate we are living in a world where it's the column and not the row.
    I do not see why mafia doesn't go for the kill on Happy if we live in a Row world even though Outliers flip heavily pointed to Guillotina being town.
    i mean, town jker is on the row with no strongman

    it's possible that wolves wouldn't want to attack happy anticipating that jker might be on them
    and watcher idk why i didnt mention that l0l
    but ig mafia have ninja so meh
  21. Day 2#1002

    Thread: Lime's Light Matrix 13er #2

    by Variance
    Replies
    1,317
    Views
    11,737

    Game Thread and watcher idk why i didnt mention that l0l

    Quote Originally Posted by Variance (#995)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cape90 (#966)
    Okay, lame mechanical theory:

    Let's say Happy town

    Mafia could have not wanted to hit happy thinking they are BP which would indicate we are living in a world where it's the column and not the row.
    I do not see why mafia doesn't go for the kill on Happy if we live in a Row world even though Outliers flip heavily pointed to Guillotina being town.
    i mean, town jker is on the row with no strongman

    it's possible that wolves wouldn't want to attack happy anticipating that jker might be on them
    and watcher idk why i didnt mention that l0l
  22. Day 2#995

    Thread: Lime's Light Matrix 13er #2

    by Variance
    Replies
    1,317
    Views
    11,737

    Game Thread i mean, town jker is on the row with no strongman...

    Quote Originally Posted by Cape90 (#966)
    Okay, lame mechanical theory:

    Let's say Happy town

    Mafia could have not wanted to hit happy thinking they are BP which would indicate we are living in a world where it's the column and not the row.
    I do not see why mafia doesn't go for the kill on Happy if we live in a Row world even though Outliers flip heavily pointed to Guillotina being town.
    i mean, town jker is on the row with no strongman

    it's possible that wolves wouldn't want to attack happy anticipating that jker might be on them
  23. Day 2#922

    Thread: Lime's Light Matrix 13er #2

    by Variance
    Replies
    1,317
    Views
    11,737

    Game Thread https://i.imgur.com/n0rKu5G.jpg

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydreigon25 (#896)
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin (#893)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cape90 (#840)
    so yeah that was a good nap.

    Anyway why is Happy outed? They claim something? I heard there was a counterclaim.

    I like Colin a lot today, he can be towncore.

    Phighter looks a bit better today
    Happy claimed PR EoD yesterday.
    I also did fyi
  24. Day 2#916

    Thread: Lime's Light Matrix 13er #2

    by Variance
    Replies
    1,317
    Views
    11,737

    Game Thread this is like the 3rd obvious joke i've done this...

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydreigon25 (#867)
    Quote Originally Posted by Variance (#864)
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurentus (#861)
    Hmm, if there's a Powerwolf this game, who is it?
    me
    Explain this
    this is like the 3rd obvious joke i've done this game that someone's failed to grasp
  25. Day 2#864

    Thread: Lime's Light Matrix 13er #2

    by Variance
    Replies
    1,317
    Views
    11,737

    Game Thread me

    Quote Originally Posted by Laurentus (#861)
    Hmm, if there's a Powerwolf this game, who is it?
    me
  26. Day 2#860

    Thread: Lime's Light Matrix 13er #2

    by Variance
    Replies
    1,317
    Views
    11,737

    Game Thread i will be taking the spot of top poster despite...

    i will be taking the spot of top poster despite having done basically nothing today thank you
  27. Day 2#859

    Thread: Lime's Light Matrix 13er #2

    by Variance
    Replies
    1,317
    Views
    11,737

    Game Thread I can

    Quote Originally Posted by Laurentus (#857)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydreigon25 (#856)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandyfan402 (#855)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydreigon25 (#854)
    it's still early in the day phase ( yet someone is already at 3 votes
    What is your opinion on the whole Happy/PR claim?
    Idk
    I can't
    I can
  28. Day 2#837

    Thread: Lime's Light Matrix 13er #2

    by Variance
    Replies
    1,317
    Views
    11,737

    Game Thread im perfectly fine with happy dying if they don't...

    im perfectly fine with happy dying if they don't claim ftr
  29. Day 2#831

    Thread: Lime's Light Matrix 13er #2

    by Variance
    Replies
    1,317
    Views
    11,737

    Game Thread fair enough tbf i probably shouldnt be as...

    Quote Originally Posted by Laurentus (#815)
    Quote Originally Posted by Variance (#813)
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurentus (#809)
    Quote Originally Posted by Variance (#806)
    my read is actually just based on me looking at his champs wolf game and thinking that him there and him here are completely different things

    but im not sure if that's actually accurate but it probably is lol
    No, this is bad and you should feel bad. You said it yourself. He's a champs finalist. Do you think he'd be daft enough to do the exact same thing again if he randed scum here?
    there are habits that he is likely not aware about that i have noticed that are not present in his other town games

    is what i'm saying
    Eh. I'm just not going to do a metadive and take this game on its own merits. In this game, he's a decent town-lean quite far removed from PoE.
    fair enough

    tbf i probably shouldnt be as confident as i am in my vandy read because quite a few of the things i noticed could actually just come about due to the context of it being champs

    but i still wouldnt want him to die today tbqh

    i wanna not mention the things i noticed about vandy's games for now to see if the trend continues, but i will when it matters more
  30. Day 2#826

    Thread: Lime's Light Matrix 13er #2

    by Variance
    Replies
    1,317
    Views
    11,737

    Game Thread i am calling him town though what

    Quote Originally Posted by Phighter (#817)
    Quote Originally Posted by Variance (#813)
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurentus (#809)
    Quote Originally Posted by Variance (#806)
    my read is actually just based on me looking at his champs wolf game and thinking that him there and him here are completely different things

    but im not sure if that's actually accurate but it probably is lol
    No, this is bad and you should feel bad. You said it yourself. He's a champs finalist. Do you think he'd be daft enough to do the exact same thing again if he randed scum here?
    there are habits that he is likely not aware about that i have noticed that are not present in his other town games

    is what i'm saying
    Not to be like "oh you don't have my recognition" because you certainly might have some insights

    But Colin watches him play for three hours every Thursday and I'm playing with him usually during those times

    He's got a couple "I'm faking it" moves, sure, but that's at least where Colin/I are coming from in calling him town
    i am calling him town though

    what
  31. Day 2#813

    Thread: Lime's Light Matrix 13er #2

    by Variance
    Replies
    1,317
    Views
    11,737

    Game Thread there are habits that he is likely not aware...

    Quote Originally Posted by Laurentus (#809)
    Quote Originally Posted by Variance (#806)
    Quote Originally Posted by Twice Shrunk (#802)
    someone convince me vandys town because im there but not quite
    my read is actually just based on me looking at his champs wolf game and thinking that him there and him here are completely different things

    but im not sure if that's actually accurate but it probably is lol
    No, this is bad and you should feel bad. You said it yourself. He's a champs finalist. Do you think he'd be daft enough to do the exact same thing again if he randed scum here?
    there are habits that he is likely not aware about that i have noticed that are not present in his other town games

    is what i'm saying
  32. Day 2#806

    Thread: Lime's Light Matrix 13er #2

    by Variance
    Replies
    1,317
    Views
    11,737

    Game Thread my read is actually just based on me looking at...

    Quote Originally Posted by Twice Shrunk (#802)
    someone convince me vandys town because im there but not quite
    my read is actually just based on me looking at his champs wolf game and thinking that him there and him here are completely different things

    but im not sure if that's actually accurate but it probably is lol
  33. Day 2#799

    Thread: Lime's Light Matrix 13er #2

    by Variance
    Replies
    1,317
    Views
    11,737

    Game Thread don't get me wrong i wasn't saying it was wolfy i...

    Quote Originally Posted by Colin (#798)
    Quote Originally Posted by Variance (#795)
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin (#793)
    Quote Originally Posted by Variance (#755)
    colin progression on outlier actually makes no sense lol
    I said Outlier was a wolf for #31
    I showed support for G's case in #139
    Beyond that there's nothing.
    How would you sum up my progression and why does it make no sense?
    you displayed decent confidence in thinking they're a wolf yet you didn't even consider them as a vote eod, wanting votes on people outside of outlier & prioritising a gut read

    then said people $%#!ed up when people were voting outlier
    My choice at EoD was rushed because of the Cape stuff I dived into. I did eliminate Outlier from my decision though, for bad (unvocalised) reasons. I can see how that can be perceived as partner-y, but why would I reinforce G's read on him earlier? Going out of my way to quote it fully seems a little hard that soon. I think I'd be more likely to stick to it with TMI and just go all-in on the bus too instead of ignore it when the rules talk was happening.

    When I made the $%#!ed up comment, I thought G was dying and people had made a mistake by not following me (there was some resistance and it made me think I stumbled on to a wolf), but let's assume that I wouldn't be telling the truth as a wolf. Let's take it from the perspective that I am posting because people are voting Outlier. I'm making a statement that people have made a mistake when I know that the proof they have not is about to be revealed? Seems a little strange, even for me.
    don't get me wrong i wasn't saying it was wolfy i was just saying it made little sense to me lol

    but ty for explaining it makes more sense now
  34. Day 2#796

    Thread: Lime's Light Matrix 13er #2

    by Variance
    Replies
    1,317
    Views
    11,737

    Game Thread fair

    Quote Originally Posted by Colin (#794)
    Quote Originally Posted by Variance (#792)
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin (#788)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phighter (#746)
    Okay, Hydregion is the third wolf.

    Happy and Hydregion, gg.
    Very unlikely. Look at the vote timing.
    i dislike this thought process because this reasoning has been proven wrong in countless games i've been in

    i can fully see hydre or phighter being wolf still

    extremely likely not both though
    Understandable. However, with a wolf dead we can afford to give them the benefit of the doubt for now. In my opinion anyway.
    fair
  35. Day 2#795

    Thread: Lime's Light Matrix 13er #2

    by Variance
    Replies
    1,317
    Views
    11,737

    Game Thread you displayed decent confidence in thinking...

    Quote Originally Posted by Colin (#793)
    Quote Originally Posted by Variance (#755)
    colin progression on outlier actually makes no sense lol
    I said Outlier was a wolf for #31
    I showed support for G's case in #139
    Beyond that there's nothing.
    How would you sum up my progression and why does it make no sense?
    you displayed decent confidence in thinking they're a wolf yet you didn't even consider them as a vote eod, wanting votes on people outside of outlier & prioritising a gut read

    then said people $%#!ed up when people were voting outlier
  36. Day 2#792

    Thread: Lime's Light Matrix 13er #2

    by Variance
    Replies
    1,317
    Views
    11,737

    Game Thread i dislike this thought process because this...

    Quote Originally Posted by Colin (#788)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phighter (#746)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydreigon25 (#744)
    Quote Originally Posted by Twice Shrunk (#718)
    colin town
    Nope i think Colin is
    Okay, Hydregion is the third wolf.

    Happy and Hydregion, gg.
    Very unlikely. Look at the vote timing.
    i dislike this thought process because this reasoning has been proven wrong in countless games i've been in

    i can fully see hydre or phighter being wolf still

    extremely likely not both though
  37. Day 2#786

    Thread: Lime's Light Matrix 13er #2

    by Variance
    Replies
    1,317
    Views
    11,737

    Game Thread vandy twice esooa absinthe towncore

    vandy
    twice
    esooa
    absinthe

    towncore
  38. Day 2#785

    Thread: Lime's Light Matrix 13er #2

    by Variance
    Replies
    1,317
    Views
    11,737

    Game Thread :wowee:

    Quote Originally Posted by Colin (#784)
    Quote Originally Posted by Variance (#708)
    extremely hot take esooa is town
    I don't think that would be a hot take for anyone who's read the interactions with Outlier.
  39. Day 2#782

    Thread: Lime's Light Matrix 13er #2

    by Variance
    Replies
    1,317
    Views
    11,737

    Game Thread also yes happy should claim

    also yes happy should claim
  40. Day 2#781

    Thread: Lime's Light Matrix 13er #2

    by Variance
    Replies
    1,317
    Views
    11,737

    Game Thread i looked at like 2 games they had on this site...

    Quote Originally Posted by Happy (#767)
    Vandy town
    i looked at like 2 games they had on this site and decided they're town lol
  41. Day 2#765

    Thread: Lime's Light Matrix 13er #2

    by Variance
    Replies
    1,317
    Views
    11,737

    Game Thread this game funy lol

    this game funy lol
  42. Day 2#755

    Thread: Lime's Light Matrix 13er #2

    by Variance
    Replies
    1,317
    Views
    11,737

    Game Thread colin progression on outlier actually makes no...

    colin progression on outlier actually makes no sense lol
  43. Day 2#739

    Thread: Lime's Light Matrix 13er #2

    by Variance
    Replies
    1,317
    Views
    11,737

    Game Thread do i use my brain y/n

    do i use my brain y/n
  44. Day 2#720

    Thread: Lime's Light Matrix 13er #2

    by Variance
    Replies
    1,317
    Views
    11,737

    Game Thread (as in outlier not anyone else lol)

    Quote Originally Posted by Variance (#719)
    i always tr the weird players and i need to stop
    (as in outlier not anyone else lol)
  45. Day 2#719

    Thread: Lime's Light Matrix 13er #2

    by Variance
    Replies
    1,317
    Views
    11,737

    Game Thread i always tr the weird players and i need to stop

    i always tr the weird players and i need to stop
  46. Day 2#717

    Thread: Lime's Light Matrix 13er #2

    by Variance
    Replies
    1,317
    Views
    11,737

    Game Thread ye

    Quote Originally Posted by Laurentus (#716)
    Quote Originally Posted by Variance (#715)
    absinthe is pretty spewed right
    Spewed clear? Yeh, I think so.
    ye
  47. Day 2#715

    Thread: Lime's Light Matrix 13er #2

    by Variance
    Replies
    1,317
    Views
    11,737

    Game Thread absinthe is pretty spewed right

    absinthe is pretty spewed right
  48. Day 2#713

    Thread: Lime's Light Matrix 13er #2

    by Variance
    Replies
    1,317
    Views
    11,737

    Game Thread esooa and vandy are both just town i think

    esooa and vandy are both just town i think
  49. Day 2#711

    Thread: Lime's Light Matrix 13er #2

    by Variance
    Replies
    1,317
    Views
    11,737

    Game Thread twice feels like he's desperately trying to get...

    twice feels like he's desperately trying to get someone to derp clear him and it's annoying
  50. Day 2#709

    Thread: Lime's Light Matrix 13er #2

    by Variance
    Replies
    1,317
    Views
    11,737

    Game Thread why does vig ever shoot guillo

    Quote Originally Posted by Twice Shrunk (#705)
    bro that's not the table the setup is in the table

    thanks vandy

    erm, think it's safe to say it's jk/watcher? and yeah happy should hardclaim?

    other possibility I see is mafia shot happy, 1sbp, and vig shot guillo?

    eh idk happy hardclaim anyways
    why does vig ever shoot guillo
Results 1 to 50 of 3000
Page 1 of 60 1 2 3 4
about us
Mafia Universe is a community hub for people who enjoy playing the forum variant of Mafia (also known as Werewolf). We offer fully automated Mafia games and a wide variety of customized features crafted to optimize your game experience. We also proudly host the Internet's only database of Mafia/Werewolf communities.

We hope you stick around!
Role of the Day
Caroler

The Caroler may each night visit a person and sing them a carol. The carol will inform the targeted player of 3 names, at least one of which is mafia. However, if the targeted person is visiting someone on that night, they will not hear the carol. The Caroler may not choose the same player on consecutive nights.