Search:

Type: Posts; User: Newcomb

Page 1 of 60 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 0.07 seconds.

  1. Day 1#1448

    Thread: Champs But Different

    by Newcomb
    Replies
    1,465
    Views
    9,726

    Game Thread never in a million years lmao

    Quote Originally Posted by neopest (#1446)
    Quote Originally Posted by staypositivefriend (#1445)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordeau (#1442)
    something something spf not voting me because they know there vote on me is awful when I flip
    wtf lol if youre town then youre actually killing me, im the only person here still trying to figure out if ur town
    w/w?
    never in a million years lmao
  2. Day 1#1437

    Thread: Champs But Different

    by Newcomb
    Replies
    1,465
    Views
    9,726

    Game Thread you can thank me tomorrow

    you can thank me tomorrow
  3. Day 1#1428

    Thread: Champs But Different

    by Newcomb
    Replies
    1,465
    Views
    9,726

    Game Thread yeah alright swap staypositivefriend ...

    yeah alright swap

    @staypositivefriend
    @croggers

    ##Vote Gordeau

    leggo
  4. Day 1#1410

    Thread: Champs But Different

    by Newcomb
    Replies
    1,465
    Views
    9,726

    Game Thread i'm gonna ask you and croggers to switch if it's...

    Quote Originally Posted by staypositivefriend (#1408)
    i still feel like gordeau probably shouldnt be the chop today but im scared to rally for that too hard in case im wrong lol
    i'm gonna ask you and croggers to switch if it's too dicey in a couple min
  5. Day 1#1404

    Thread: Champs But Different

    by Newcomb
    Replies
    1,465
    Views
    9,726

    Game Thread am I gonna have to force Gordeau over just to...

    am I gonna have to force Gordeau over just to make this clean? I mean I will if I have to but I don't really want to.
  6. Day 1#1397

    Thread: Champs But Different

    by Newcomb
    Replies
    1,465
    Views
    9,726

    Game Thread https://i.imgflip.com/4/38iqvl.jpg

    Quote Originally Posted by tessepia (#1382)
    pretender is fine to go over cause then people will listen to me more tomorrow
  7. Day 1#1359

    Thread: Champs But Different

    by Newcomb
    Replies
    1,465
    Views
    9,726

    Game Thread cmon croggers do it complete the meme

    cmon croggers do it complete the meme
  8. Day 1#1357

    Thread: Champs But Different

    by Newcomb
    Replies
    1,465
    Views
    9,726

    Game Thread https://i.imgur.com/MAsPro0.gif

    Quote Originally Posted by staypositivefriend (#1339)
    i do think that gord's posts a page or two ago were towny but im tempted to flip back to him again lol
  9. Day 1#1348

    Thread: Champs But Different

    by Newcomb
    Replies
    1,465
    Views
    9,726

    Game Thread http://i.imgur.com/bUdTmo6.gif

    Quote Originally Posted by Happy (#1331)
    I don’t like any of these main wagons rn lol
  10. Day 1#1291

    Thread: Champs But Different

    by Newcomb
    Replies
    1,465
    Views
    9,726

    Game Thread Which 3, though :v

    Quote Originally Posted by tessepia (#1281)
    Quote Originally Posted by Newcomb (#1280)
    Quote Originally Posted by tessepia (#1273)
    Quote Originally Posted by Newcomb (#1271)
    Is that like, a rhetorical question?
    no
    Then I will refer you to my post from like literally 20 minutes ago
    you said you woof read gordeau more

    and your vote moved from 3 gordeau to 3 on pretender

    looks useless
    Which 3, though :v
  11. Day 1#1280

    Thread: Champs But Different

    by Newcomb
    Replies
    1,465
    Views
    9,726

    Game Thread Then I will refer you to my post from like...

    Quote Originally Posted by tessepia (#1273)
    Quote Originally Posted by Newcomb (#1271)
    Quote Originally Posted by tessepia (#1253)
    Quote Originally Posted by Newcomb (#1248)
    ##Vote ThePretender
    why not stay on gordeau
    Is that like, a rhetorical question?
    no
    Then I will refer you to my post from like literally 20 minutes ago
  12. Day 1#1271

    Thread: Champs But Different

    by Newcomb
    Replies
    1,465
    Views
    9,726

    Game Thread Is that like, a rhetorical question?

    Quote Originally Posted by tessepia (#1253)
    Quote Originally Posted by Newcomb (#1248)
    ##Vote ThePretender
    why not stay on gordeau
    Is that like, a rhetorical question?
  13. Day 1#1267

    Thread: Champs But Different

    by Newcomb
    Replies
    1,465
    Views
    9,726

    Game Thread I think the way people have been using meta in...

    Quote Originally Posted by iaafr (#1254)
    Quote Originally Posted by Newcomb (#1252)
    Quote Originally Posted by iaafr (#1250)
    why shouldnt i trust tess's meta based townread unless i think exactly tess/pret w/w
    Meta has to be earned
    i dont understand what this means in this context

    tess went through all the wolfgames and pret never asked questions in the same manner

    unless it's been pointed out as a wolfgame leak to him why wouldnt him asking questions here indicate he's not a wolf
    I think the way people have been using meta in general in this game is kind of bad.

    Was debating writing a longer post about it, but it's not actually like... super relevant to the gamestate. Might write an article about it instead idk.

    Short versions, if a "meta tell" of yours is distillable into something as black and white and surface level as "asks questions as town, doesn't as a wolf," it's missing the point of what makes meta an actual good tool in the toolbox, and turns into one of those things that's kind of right by accident until it's not.
  14. Day 1#1252

    Thread: Champs But Different

    by Newcomb
    Replies
    1,465
    Views
    9,726

    Game Thread Meta has to be earned

    Quote Originally Posted by iaafr (#1250)
    why shouldnt i trust tess's meta based townread unless i think exactly tess/pret w/w
    Meta has to be earned
  15. Day 1#1248

    Thread: Champs But Different

    by Newcomb
    Replies
    1,465
    Views
    9,726

    Game Thread ThePretender

    ##Vote ThePretender
  16. Day 1#1246

    Thread: Champs But Different

    by Newcomb
    Replies
    1,465
    Views
    9,726

    Game Thread iirc you made some comment early game that made...

    Quote Originally Posted by tessepia (#1236)
    @Newcomb why did you ask if I was an alt
    iirc you made some comment early game that made it seem like you knew me and I didn't recognize your name
  17. Day 1#1232

    Thread: Champs But Different

    by Newcomb
    Replies
    1,465
    Views
    9,726

    Game Thread wouldn't exactly be the first time a cornered...

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueKang (#1231)
    The main thing that is giving me hesitance to vote Gord is that VT claim.

    I'm trying to weigh other options if they're worth voting or not.
    wouldn't exactly be the first time a cornered wolf played the go limp and "idc you guys do what you want" card
  18. Day 1#1230

    Thread: Champs But Different

    by Newcomb
    Replies
    1,465
    Views
    9,726

    Game Thread https://media3.giphy.com/media/i4xh6ZhucLSZ2hHL1N/...

    Quote Originally Posted by croggers (#1228)
    Quote Originally Posted by Newcomb (#1222)
    My issue with their current posting is that the things they're pushing on are things that *seem* wolfy or could be painted as wolfy, rather than any kind of depth or considering about what makes something actually wolf motivated or likely to come from a wolf. For example, shading Neo by way of Neo outing a meta read on Happy at a bad/not optimal time, and saying basically "I don't see any reason for a villager to do that" is a pretty weak and safe way to shade someone. It's safe because you're just standing in this circle of your own logic, there's nothing anyone can really call you on - in your opinion it would have been better to do it a different way, so it's a wolf thing. There's no follow-through or investigation into like, ok, if that were true, why is a wolf doing it that way? What's the motivation? If it's a wolf thing, is neo partnered with Happy? What does it say about happy's alignment?
    mm, yeah this is what i was trying to say in p#840

    at the same time i kinda echo spf in that gord’s latest posting has given me cold feet and i don’t feel super confident he’s a wolf

    although i’m not super confident pret is either so i dunno
  19. Day 1#1227

    Thread: Champs But Different

    by Newcomb
    Replies
    1,465
    Views
    9,726

    Game Thread Do you *really* want to give ma a disincentive to...

    Do you *really* want to give ma a disincentive to be conciliatory?
  20. Day 1#1225

    Thread: Champs But Different

    by Newcomb
    Replies
    1,465
    Views
    9,726

    Game Thread Despite what I just posted, I will follow you...

    Quote Originally Posted by staypositivefriend (#1216)
    i might take this back but i dont really wanna kill gordeau today anymore
    Despite what I just posted, I will follow you onto Pretender if you want to go there.

    I've had wolf reads that I felt so strongly about that I'll bully people into following me, even on D1, but Gordeau isn't one of them. He's at about 75% for me, which is still a pretty strong read all things considered. But like, I'm not gonna twist arms here. The issues you and croggers pointed out with pretender are pretty valid IMO
  21. Day 1#1222

    Thread: Champs But Different

    by Newcomb
    Replies
    1,465
    Views
    9,726

    Game Thread I think it would be fair to say their posting has...

    Quote Originally Posted by zintle (#1209)
    newcomb, do you have anything to say about recent gordeau posts

    idk if you've said much ever since the case on his entrance
    I think it would be fair to say their posting has gotten relatively *better*, in a contextual sense, and that the issues I had with their early posts are not as present in their later ones - not that I'd really expect them to be as either alignment.

    My issue with their current posting is that the things they're pushing on are things that *seem* wolfy or could be painted as wolfy, rather than any kind of depth or considering about what makes something actually wolf motivated or likely to come from a wolf. For example, shading Neo by way of Neo outing a meta read on Happy at a bad/not optimal time, and saying basically "I don't see any reason for a villager to do that" is a pretty weak and safe way to shade someone. It's safe because you're just standing in this circle of your own logic, there's nothing anyone can really call you on - in your opinion it would have been better to do it a different way, so it's a wolf thing. There's no follow-through or investigation into like, ok, if that were true, why is a wolf doing it that way? What's the motivation? If it's a wolf thing, is neo partnered with Happy? What does it say about happy's alignment?

    I also think the way they've been going after SPF isn't a great look.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gordeau (#1020)
    Quote Originally Posted by staypositivefriend (#951)
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy (#943)
    Quote Originally Posted by staypositivefriend (#883)
    i think that the pool of bluekang iaafr newcomb thepretender croggers contains one wolf maximum
    Wtf? Explain newcomb? You were paranoid of him locktowning you not long ago, and also croggers? Unless I missed it I don’t recall seeing any build up to this read
    yeah i was paranoid of newcomb, but it's worth keeping in mind that i never explicitly scumread him and moreso had a tinfoil theory that he was playing specifically with the intent to pocket me. i was having trouble getting heads or tails of newcomb's alignment particularly because a lot of people were tinfoiling him and iaafr kept pairing me and him together, so i felt like i had to be more ~careful~ with what i said about him lol. but basically, i think that he started getting townier on the page where he got frustrated by crogger's question, and i could see his gears turning/a solving process that i didnt really see reflected in his posts before. i dont really have a concrete reason to tr newcomb - i just think his vibes are towny and his solving is believable and im rolling with it for now

    also ive been townreading croggers since early into this game and have said so multiple times, but i dont really know if i can articulate that read in a satisfactory way. they make a lot of posts that can come off as filler on a surface level, but theyve made a ton of sharp observations that are 100% in line with my thought process to the extent that i think theyre prolly just playing from a town mindset until im given a reason to believe otherwise
    Another case of a lot to say but not much value here given the end result of this seems to be: I never really scumreading Newcome I was just scared of them and then they got townie.

    Is this just, NAI from SPF or do they tend to add padding as T/W?
    It just really feels like he's trying to not get his hands too dirty while trying to take a swipe at SPF. Placing the "value" of a post on the conclusion that it draws, rather than the motivation and thought process used to get there, does not strike me as someone who's genuinely trying to figure out SPF's alignment.
  22. Day 1#1207

    Thread: Champs But Different

    by Newcomb
    Replies
    1,465
    Views
    9,726

    Game Thread Near as I can tell, some combination of pride and...

    Quote Originally Posted by staypositivefriend (#1201)
    why am i even in contention to be chopped today? not like anyone has stated a reason to scumread me lol
    Near as I can tell, some combination of pride and obstinance :v

    Lil dash of wolf desperation ofc
  23. Day 1#1189

    Thread: Champs But Different

    by Newcomb
    Replies
    1,465
    Views
    9,726

    Game Thread Nonvoters need to vote. Neo/radishes put...

    Quote Originally Posted by Mafia Host (#1185)
    Champs But Different Day 1 Votecount

    Votes Target Voters (Posts in Phase)
    4 Gordeau Newcomb (57), staypositivefriend (139), iaafr (150), croggers (143)
    3 staypositivefriend Object (30), zintle (79), Gordeau (61)
    2 Happy tessepia (139), BlueKang (89)
    1 iaafr neopest (104)
    1 Newcomb Master Radishes (35)
    3 Not voting Raskolnikov (7), Happy (82), ThePretender (55)

    View Vote History

    Day 1 ends at 8:00 PM EDT on Saturday, October 16th, 2021. There are 1634428860000 remaining.
    Nonvoters need to vote.

    Neo/radishes put something real down please.

    2.5 hours left, time to start crumbling the cookie.

    Gord/Pretender wagons are the play IMO
  24. Day 1#1179

    Thread: Champs But Different

    by Newcomb
    Replies
    1,465
    Views
    9,726

    Game Thread not in any world is this happening

    Quote Originally Posted by zintle (#1177)
    ##Vote staypositivefriend

    i dislike both top wagons
    not in any world is this happening
  25. Day 1#1173

    Thread: Champs But Different

    by Newcomb
    Replies
    1,465
    Views
    9,726

    Game Thread He's not terribly villagery in a vacuum he's just...

    Quote Originally Posted by zintle (#1171)
    i mean, why is object towny

    ...

    i haven't looked into it a lot, but i think both neo/happy are v
    and idk about gordeau, it just doesn't feel quite right
    hmm
    He's not terribly villagery in a vacuum he's just not w/w with Gordeau
  26. Day 1#1170

    Thread: Champs But Different

    by Newcomb
    Replies
    1,465
    Views
    9,726

    Game Thread Neither of those is going to be a productive EoD...

    Quote Originally Posted by zintle (#1153)
    either i stay on spf

    or move to object

    i can't be here for EoD, welp.
    Neither of those is going to be a productive EoD vote, i'd shop around a little more
  27. Day 1#1097

    Thread: Champs But Different

    by Newcomb
    Replies
    1,465
    Views
    9,726

    Game Thread it's not OMGUS if it's true :v

    it's not OMGUS if it's true :v
  28. Day 1#1092

    Thread: Champs But Different

    by Newcomb
    Replies
    1,465
    Views
    9,726

    Game Thread It's really not, but I'm not fussed to argue if...

    Quote Originally Posted by tessepia (#1090)
    Quote Originally Posted by Newcomb (#1089)
    Quote Originally Posted by tessepia (#1088)
    Quote Originally Posted by Newcomb (#1085)
    What about those quotes do you think a wolf couldn't post?

    Like it's essentially just asking "why" in different ways.
    ask him that because he didn't in his wolf games
    That is some... extremely surface level meta which I'm not inclined to give much, if any weight to.
    that's how mafia works. I don't really care if people agree though
    It's really not, but I'm not fussed to argue if you're not.

    I'll be curious what your tune will be if/when Pretender flips wolf though :v
  29. Day 1#1089

    Thread: Champs But Different

    by Newcomb
    Replies
    1,465
    Views
    9,726

    Game Thread That is some... extremely surface level meta...

    Quote Originally Posted by tessepia (#1088)
    Quote Originally Posted by Newcomb (#1085)
    Quote Originally Posted by tessepia (#1080)
    Quote Originally Posted by croggers (#1075)
    why?
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePretender (#289)
    1 line why it's towny pls
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePretender (#313)
    would you say that makes him rand >v?
    >rand v
    rand v >

    idk what the symbols are but since you don't find anything scummy but some things are townny but not AS towny eh you get the point
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePretender (#317)
    hi spf

    pls explain dem reads P#222 and the latest town read on me pls c:
    What about those quotes do you think a wolf couldn't post?

    Like it's essentially just asking "why" in different ways.
    ask him that because he didn't in his wolf games
    That is some... extremely surface level meta which I'm not inclined to give much, if any weight to.
  30. Day 1#1085

    Thread: Champs But Different

    by Newcomb
    Replies
    1,465
    Views
    9,726

    Game Thread What about those quotes do you think a wolf...

    Quote Originally Posted by tessepia (#1080)
    Quote Originally Posted by croggers (#1075)
    Quote Originally Posted by tessepia (#1067)
    pretender town doe
    why?
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePretender (#289)
    Quote Originally Posted by zintle (#278)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueKang (#232)
    Brad: I should be really careful about reading the people that fooled me just recently.

    Also Brad: I townread these same people early Day 1.

    What the $%#! is wrong with me, and will I ever learn?
    ...this may or may not be towny, smfh
    up until this post, i didn't see any of the obvtown!bk tho
    1 line why it's towny pls
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePretender (#313)
    Quote Originally Posted by zintle (#309)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePretender (#307)
    Initial starts where they chuck out reads like a printer felt aite to me. Similar to Casual Dining mafia I feel like he has good intentions with it. Like what exactly has he done that's scummy per say?

    brb eating
    i don't think i saw anything scummy per se, but i don't find him as towny as the thread seems to do
    would you say that makes him rand >v?
    >rand v
    rand v >

    idk what the symbols are but since you don't find anything scummy but some things are townny but not AS towny eh you get the point
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePretender (#317)
    hi spf

    pls explain dem reads P#222 and the latest town read on me pls c:
    What about those quotes do you think a wolf couldn't post?

    Like it's essentially just asking "why" in different ways.
  31. Day 1#1079

    Thread: Champs But Different

    by Newcomb
    Replies
    1,465
    Views
    9,726

    Game Thread https://c.tenor.com/WCJls_kyKswAAAAC/i-hope-youll-...

    Quote Originally Posted by neopest (#1073)
    I just think it's funny that the way to be townread in this game would be for me to comment the same thing 5 other people have said about TP (and btw 4 of those people are not voting TP) and then vote Gordeau
  32. Day 1#1062

    Thread: Champs But Different

    by Newcomb
    Replies
    1,465
    Views
    9,726

    Game Thread lol I kind of want that to be w/w/w, but it's...

    Quote Originally Posted by croggers (#1057)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raskolnikov (#474)
    also The pretender and neopest ww. Think the game is solved. Su later nerds
    all hail raskolnikov
    lol

    I kind of want that to be w/w/w, but it's kind of legendary either way if true.
  33. Day 1#1054

    Thread: Champs But Different

    by Newcomb
    Replies
    1,465
    Views
    9,726

    Game Thread I will agree that wagon movement has been a bit...

    I will agree that wagon movement has been a bit lame.

    In fact given wagon (lack of) dynamism I'd say either villagers have basically full control of the thread, or wolves do.

    You can guess which one I think it is.
  34. Day 1#1052

    Thread: Champs But Different

    by Newcomb
    Replies
    1,465
    Views
    9,726

    Game Thread I'm considering swapping to Pret here btw.

    I'm considering swapping to Pret here btw.
  35. Day 1#1051

    Thread: Champs But Different

    by Newcomb
    Replies
    1,465
    Views
    9,726

    Game Thread If an entire thread, which is mostly villagers,...

    Quote Originally Posted by neopest (#1033)
    Really? All of that and not a single person commented on the Happy situation in any meaningful way whatsoever? Did SPF intentionally avoid giving a strong read on either of us? Because that's almost what it looks like and is not a good look. In fact, the way the entire thread has treated the dynamic is not a great look. Yes, I know a lot of it is meta arguments, but you can still make a townread on me or Happy without looking at that or even scumread us. So the fact that no one is commenting on the situation at all and just letting it happen means we could be V/V
    If an entire thread, which is mostly villagers, isn't enthusiastic about engaging with something, doesn't that kind of tell you what you need to know already?
  36. Day 1#1048

    Thread: Champs But Different

    by Newcomb
    Replies
    1,465
    Views
    9,726

    Game Thread https://i.imgur.com/boF61Rj.gif

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePretender (#1016)
    Holy $%#! can't make eod tomorrow morning got something on fug

    ##Unvote tessepia

    Gl gl
  37. Day 1#1047

    Thread: Champs But Different

    by Newcomb
    Replies
    1,465
    Views
    9,726

    Game Thread Yeah I definitely want you to go into more detail...

    Quote Originally Posted by Happy (#1008)
    Quote Originally Posted by zintle (#1007)
    btw i'll think about spf, ok, fine.
    i haven't paid much attention to croggers.
    not sure on gordeau anymore either. happy, why do you townread him?

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePretender (#1006)
    Quote Originally Posted by zintle (#1005)
    exactly my thought lmao
    do you still reject the mason offer? :c
    If I accepted it dota will beat me up
    what, why??? he doesn't have to know...
    Every single post he’s made is towny af.

    His opening walls are towny, as neo alluded to in p#924, it is hard to generate content as a wolf when there’s little to work off of and I did not get that impression from him. His content in these walls don’t feel fake or made up to me either.

    For example his first wall post, p#449, posts such as “I can see why youd loook at the stuff happy posted and tilt your head (I certainly did) but I felt like it was one of those posts where I felt like trying to get a read on it wasn’t worth it”

    Thoughts like these are towny af, if you want me to go into detail I can.


    I thought his response to newcomb was good p#561. His focus doesn’t seem on trying to discredit the people pushing him but rather trying to understand their thought processes and whether they are genuine or not. This is backed up by his post in p#573. Similarly in p#616, even though neo is his main push he still wants to get a chance to talk to her. His focus seems much more on understanding others perspectives rather than trying to find people to elim.
    Yeah I definitely want you to go into more detail on why that thought is "towny af," if only to satisfy my morbid curiosity.

    Like, you're not *actually* his partner right? I was kind of writing off that idea because your whole "I am the lone clarion voice that can save villagers from the scary deep wolves, I have to muster all my towncred and make the right choice, it's the only thing that matters" schtick seemed way too precious and earnest to be fake, but stuff like this I am willing to admit that you might actually be a Crazy Like A Fox wolf archtype. In which case, props, for sure.
  38. Day 1#1044

    Thread: Champs But Different

    by Newcomb
    Replies
    1,465
    Views
    9,726

    Game Thread https://c.tenor.com/fTTBOVaSddMAAAAM/i-can-arrange...

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePretender (#1004)
    Quote Originally Posted by zintle (#1002)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePretender (#1000)
    how do you play this game without making it feel like a chore rip
    wait did you actually rand scum

    watch

    pls dont do this to me
    if I randed scum you'll see me as the lynch target day 3 lmao
  39. Day 1#945

    Thread: Champs But Different

    by Newcomb
    Replies
    1,465
    Views
    9,726

    Game Thread lol the triple hit And that was the moment...

    lol the triple hit

    And that was the moment that croggers SPF and I became best friends
  40. Day 1#940

    Thread: Champs But Different

    by Newcomb
    Replies
    1,465
    Views
    9,726

    Game Thread https://i.imgflip.com/32vmhq.gif

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePretender (#931)
    So I went ahead through neo's iso since they were one of the main pushers of the happy slot and did ctrl+f happy to get an understanding of it

    What I understand from it is that neo is pushing happy's slot for meta reasons which I can quote here.

    Quote Originally Posted by neopest (#146)
    i might take away my happy v-lean btw. i think he's still about and would've explained why i was mafia by now as town
    Quote Originally Posted by neopest (#158)
    Quote Originally Posted by iaafr (#153)
    Quote Originally Posted by neopest (#146)
    i might take away my happy v-lean btw. i think he's still about and would've explained why i was mafia by now as town
    do you have a meta reason to suspect happy would pretend to be busy and then lurk

    does he have a history of doing this as wolf

    i vaguely recall maybe yes in constellations but ill ask anyway
    i have a lot of reasons to think this may be the case, but the short answer is yes
    Quote Originally Posted by neopest (#161)
    it's hard to articulate but a lot of the times happy as wolf will make an excuse to leave the thread and then actually leave and as village he does the same thing sometimes but significantly more often stays to post despite saying he needs to leave

    Quote Originally Posted by neopest (#477)
    And the fact of the matter is that I’ve played with Happy more than anyone else in this game except for maybe SPF. That includes forum games and literally hundreds of chat mafia games. This does not mean I have a god read on happy, but it does mean I have more meta on happy and might have reads that come from different places than other people.

    Happy is an absolute pussy as wolf. That is not to say he is a bad wolf or that he can’t fool people. His play is more calculated than his V game and so it takes him more time to write posts like what we saw as his entrance than it would if he were scum.

    Is he still capable of it? Yes, that’s why I retracted my town read so easily. That was basis for why I originally had the read tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by neopest (#481)
    No. It’s not weird at all. Either happy can respond and prove me wrong or he doesn’t say anything which is a bit out of character for him
    Quote Originally Posted by neopest (#482)
    And Happy will do it anyways even if I call him out for it. It was the same thing in the tiebreaker game and he still went ahead and did it.
    It's here where it changes course slightly from the read of what they did in the past but to what they're doing currently

    Quote Originally Posted by neopest (#597)
    btw i feel like the overall content of happy's recent posts were alright/generally good but he left a lot to be desired in a way that feels scummy for him in particular
    Quote Originally Posted by neopest (#600)
    also the lack of reads from Happy is generally a bad sign
    I wouldn't personally think of putting happy on the pedestal just quite yet, the meta tell from what I'm seeing is more of a volume/timing thing with posts so I'm less likely to follow. Either that or neo is just trying to solve the happy slot via meta pushing idk.

    When scanning Happy's iso, I'm not one to say that it's towny or scummy per say either, like nothing pigns either direction unless you go with the volume/meta tell which I personally rather steer away from tbh..
  41. Day 1#922

    Thread: Champs But Different

    by Newcomb
    Replies
    1,465
    Views
    9,726

    Game Thread something sometihng titans of WW

    Quote Originally Posted by Happy (#897)
    Quote Originally Posted by tessepia (#895)
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy (#894)
    Quote Originally Posted by tessepia (#892)
    illario is just wolf claiming by pushing Mendes after his opening?
    Am i really pushing him? Didnt you see me do something similar to Percy (in which case I pushed even harder)
    well you literally opened this game saying wolves win by pushing people like Mendes
    Yeah and my motive was to make sure he doesn’t get pushed if he’s town. That doesn’t mean I won’t call out a post he makes that gives me bad vibes and it also doesn’t mean that I’m gonna do a bk shield on the slot. It’s probably my fault for not being clear enough, my motive was that I wanted to avoid an unhealthy towncore forming that alienates people like mendes. That hasn’t happened so I dont feel too concerned about the threads direction.

    Also despite the fact that his post in gord pinged me I find the rest of his posts to be somewhat decent.

    I think there’s at most one mafia in the pool of pretender, zintle, object, gord, mendes, raski, bk.

    This is both good and bad. It’s good because my primary worry of these slots being pushed hasn’t come into fruition, with the exception of gordeua. It’s bad Because slots like object/raski are harder to towncase because the reasons I have to think they’re town are pretty obscure and hard for people to vibe with. It’s almost bad because it means scum team is stacked and the pool of you/croggers /neo/spf/newcomb/rabbit contains anywhere between 2-3 scum imo. That’s why I’ve also been subdued because that solve is a very hard one, especially on d1 and I have very little room for error because if I pushed the wrong person in that pool and they flip town my towncred for the rest of the game will be diminished. I need to pick carefully and pick right.
    something sometihng titans of WW
  42. Day 1#918

    Thread: Champs But Different

    by Newcomb
    Replies
    1,465
    Views
    9,726

    Game Thread I think you and I have very different mafia...

    Quote Originally Posted by Happy (#882)
    Quote Originally Posted by Newcomb (#679)
    Quote Originally Posted by croggers (#674)
    Quote Originally Posted by Newcomb (#673)
    It's annoyance, not defensiveness. You're asking me for more than you or really anyone in the game has done yourselves. It's tilting to be hit with this what feels like every single game, like "oh Newcomb you have a wolf read but why don't have three? Man you have a couple town but I just thought you'd have like all the town?"

    I reserve the right to not force content, especially when the game is as paint-by-numbers as its been so far; don't hold me to artificially high standards, it's tilting.
    i apologize if it came off that way and struck a nerve but again, if the answer is “i don’t have anything else right now” that’s perfectly fine
    I am perhaps overly sensitive to this issue, I'll try to not fly off at the handle, although if iaafr starts in with the burden of proficiency $%#! again, no promises.

    I think spf is almost certainly a villager. I think Object is very likely to be a villager in the w!Gordeau world. I think yourself, BlueKang, iaafr, neo, zint, and tess are ~decently likely to be villagers by virtue of having posted enough times and me not picking up any meaningful red flags. I think BK might possibly be trying to pocket me especially if I'm wrong about Gordeau but that's low odds and of that grouping they're the most likely threadspewed v, so I don't put a lot of stock in it.

    Happy/Mendes are kind of linked in my head from that opening post, tabling that for now.

    Everyone else is kind of w/e. I do remember kind of liking Rask's entrance though.
    Okay I actually like this post so I’m gonna address some of your previous concerns about me. I had u already pinged as scum for your entrance and your gordeua case which I didn’t agree with, and when that happens I usually either tunnel the person I sr or I just sorta let them be and ignore them.

    This post gave me some pause because it is probably the first post you made that I like. So lemme address p#658. The lack of a continued line was for two reasons. First and foremost was because he said he was polarized and also that essoa admitted she had a good read on him. If either of these points are true and mendes is town then it means that I have less reason to be worried of this game.

    The second reason is that other slots I was worried about being pushed such as pretender have been towny as fk. So even if mendes potentially slips through the cracks I think people like pretender and zintle have been towny enough that mafia will struggle to find slots to push. A good example is gordeua, who I thinn had a pretty towny start, the only ping from him is the post croggers found, other than that I actually think he’s been pretty towny. So if mafia are already struggling to find pushes (there’s only been one real push today) then I think we’re doing okay as a town here.

    Third reason is I haven’t seen any stupid towncores form this game, and my initial post was sort of a lead-in into me being very anti towncore because it alienates the poe.
    I think you and I have very different mafia philosophies, and we're also reading this particular game very very differently.

    If you're a villager I think this is one of those posts that's either gonna look really really good or really really bad later on :P
  43. Day 1#913

    Thread: Champs But Different

    by Newcomb
    Replies
    1,465
    Views
    9,726

    Game Thread https://c.tenor.com/ZLclQWdytosAAAAC/sometimes-fin...

    Quote Originally Posted by Gordeau (#826)
    Quote Originally Posted by croggers (#809)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordeau (#807)
    Quote Originally Posted by tessepia (#632)
    @Gordeau is there a reason you decided to give so many thoughts early on

    I agree with Neo it doesn't seem you typically town like that
    As I said before, I've never been townread for making long catch up posts before. So I expected to be wolfread, but I wanted to give more substance to my posts to see people try and pick it apart and see what I thought was wolfy pushing or not. Because if I just gave basic stuff it's harder to dig into that as both villa/wolf
    i’m not sure i follow

    are you saying you posted long catch up posts because you knew people would find them wolfy and wanted to bait wolfy pushes on you?
    I posted the long catch up posts because I expected to be wolfread yes. I just wanted to give more content to see how people go about it to see how I should read people. It wasn't like I was trying to be wolfy in the catchup or anything, I've just never been TR for catching up before so it was to be expected? I don't know maybe I would've been better doing it as a wolf but I feel like I would've just outright not done it that way. Maybe? Hard to say given my last mafia game was a bit ago.
  44. Day 1#912

    Thread: Champs But Different

    by Newcomb
    Replies
    1,465
    Views
    9,726

    Game Thread I mean you could call like half the game a...

    Quote Originally Posted by tessepia (#819)
    croggers I said is tinfoil wolf btw cause they're barely done anything towny except like

    be here and say things at a decent frequency

    which is okay but overall decently uninspiring
    I mean you could call like half the game a tinfoil wolf for the same reason.

    Personally, I choose to assume that games are easy until they prove that they're not.
  45. Day 1#911

    Thread: Champs But Different

    by Newcomb
    Replies
    1,465
    Views
    9,726

    Game Thread is that TWTBAW or is that TWTBTWTBAW, because...

    is that TWTBAW or is that TWTBTWTBAW, because it's definitely one of those two things
  46. Day 1#910

    Thread: Champs But Different

    by Newcomb
    Replies
    1,465
    Views
    9,726

    Game Thread https://media0.giphy.com/media/smQQvjcAtwtvW/giphy...

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePretender (#791)
    P#457 - no like I said that'd be cheating on dota smh >:c
    P#458 - don't get how you landed on voting neo given your progression on neo was just asking about a happy read -> scum reading them for no reasons. Could you go further on that?
    P#470 - unlikely that one scum claims mason with another scum
    P#473-P#474 - why? Why the conclusion, like wuh...?
    P#492 - I want to ask why but you also posted the same poe earlier and probably have reasonings in your iso somewhere so I'll look for myself later tm
    P#505 - paranoia reeeee
    P#510 - the case makes sense but ahhhhh idk I feel like a lot of points like the 'awareness of time and space' can come from villa, 2nd point can agree. Lack of progression from my earlier reads which I hope get answered somewhere down the line. Sadenned the earlier disassociative reads which I asked haven't been answered :c
    Something of note. iaafr *almost* post caps easily lmao
    P#544 - So do you think the case Newcomb dropped comes from town or scum? Cause I'm understanding it as "he's done this before as scum but nothing stands out as scummy in his posts so yea"
    P#644 - in same boat with catchup

    I'm going through the rest of the thread and like, nothing's really happened aside from the bombshell of a case newcomb dropped and a bit of like discussion about it. I don't like it much but I'm not one to do something about it since I'm a lazy $%#! hat lol.

    #705 - surprised you have iaafr not as high cause I could've sworn you tr'd them. curious on mendes placement though.

    $%#! I don't get why I catchup when there's like how do I say it, not much I can really evaluate from. The only really new thing is the newcomb/gordeau case thing and even then I agree and disagree with certain points.
  47. Day 1#734

    Thread: Champs But Different

    by Newcomb
    Replies
    1,465
    Views
    9,726

    Game Thread yeah similarly to Zin I thought those were...

    Quote Originally Posted by staypositivefriend (#728)
    Quote Originally Posted by Newcomb (#723)
    Quote Originally Posted by staypositivefriend (#713)
    all of rask's posts are scummy IMO but i feel kinda bad pushing him when he's barely posted
    Hmm, talk to me about this?

    I had kind of the opposite impression but it was a pretty fleeting one.
    i felt like he was struggling to come up with stuff to say. he was in the thread for roughly 45 minutes, and the reads that he outed on p#473 (happy wolf and iaafr town) were pretty boring/unspicy, and the W/W read he outed on p#474 was obviously fake/exaggerated. it felt like rask intentionally outed a read that he didn't believe in before leaving the thread because he didn't feel like his other posts were towny enough, lol

    there's nothing like, super wolfy here, i just didnt see any glimpses of rask genuinely trying to solve or think about the game
    yeah similarly to Zin I thought those were TWTBAW, kind of like a compare/contrast thing to Gordeau where the latter felt like they were super super conscious of appearances and the former just kind of came in and did nothing and didn't care about how it looked.

    But the bolded especially is a good point. I'll kind of mentally move them to "needs sorting".
  48. Day 1#729

    Thread: Champs But Different

    by Newcomb
    Replies
    1,465
    Views
    9,726

    Game Thread Agreed

    Quote Originally Posted by iaafr (#704)
    the whole problem with my personal worldview is im just tunneling newcomb and spf
    Agreed
  49. Day 1#723

    Thread: Champs But Different

    by Newcomb
    Replies
    1,465
    Views
    9,726

    Game Thread Hmm, talk to me about this? I had kind of the...

    Quote Originally Posted by staypositivefriend (#713)
    all of rask's posts are scummy IMO but i feel kinda bad pushing him when he's barely posted
    Hmm, talk to me about this?

    I had kind of the opposite impression but it was a pretty fleeting one.
  50. Day 1#700

    Thread: Champs But Different

    by Newcomb
    Replies
    1,465
    Views
    9,726

    Game Thread https://media4.giphy.com/media/98maV70oAqIZtEYqB4/...

    Quote Originally Posted by iaafr (#698)
    tbf it was 90%

    and i am honored to be certified 90% visorslash







    also sorry newcomb if the "burden of proficiency" comment triggered you but

    at the time you literally had two reads

    your frustration has seemed a bit overblown for being asked for more than literally two reads


    but sure



    i need a bit of time to cool off and then ill try to articulate my towncases tonight, i have... more than 2... i think...
Results 1 to 50 of 3000
Page 1 of 60 1 2 3 4
about us
Mafia Universe is a community hub for people who enjoy playing the forum variant of Mafia (also known as Werewolf). We offer fully automated Mafia games and a wide variety of customized features crafted to optimize your game experience. We also proudly host the Internet's only database of Mafia/Werewolf communities.

We hope you stick around!
Role of the Day
Arms Dealer

The Arms Dealer may each night target someone and turn them into a vigilante for the night, making the target kill whoever they use their night action on, if they have one. If the Arms Dealer targets a vigilante, the vigilante will die.