Type: Posts; User: Guillotina
I forgot discord is mandatory. If you can't use discord, don't sign up please.
Because I can't determine the post count before the clustermess, the 10 minimum posts rule will be waived on Day 3.
The modbot is acting up. I had to re-insert the day number and it looks like it reset the votes.
Oh No! The Young Pyromancer Has Just Died!
The Player Was TOWN
The player's roles were the Necromancer
The Necromancer may once per game choose to revive a dead player at night.
Night 2 Results
Exhausted from the long shift in the labor pits the gamers indeed sleep the sleep of the dead stacked in the cramped bunks of the labor brokerage.
But they don't wake there. The crowing of the roosters and cawing of crows rouses them as the first light of dawn slants through the windows of the large common room. This is a more familiar game setting, but made real! They clutch their dice as a...medieval serving wench? enters the room. They leap to their feet as she screams, finding that they also are now clad in a range of homespun and linen appropriate to the scene.
All but one.
Hydreigon25 is still in the grimy ragged coverall of the labor pits.
They do not leap to their feet, because they are dead.
A Gamer Has Died!
The player was Town
And the player's roles were Alignment Cop
Alignment Cop: You may investigate a player at night and learn that player's alignment.
Day 3 Begins
Not knowing what else to do the gamers stumble out of the inn into the unpaved street. The people of the village seem downcast, but optimistically curious as they look at the band of strangers in their midst. Eventually two men at arms appear. "Are you perchance adventurers?" Of course! This game is starting to seem more familiar, and to their liking. They quickly agree to be escorted to the priest, who lives in a manor house overlooking the village.
"You stayed in the inn...in my inn, in my village, on my hospitality. Now there is something I need from you in return. I must journey to the crater of Mount Boom, and...throw something in...in order to maintain my powers. It is a potentially dangerous journey, and a band of adventurers to see me safely there is a great boon." The gamers quickly agree, and soon are setting out on the well worn track to the volcano.
The villagers turn out to cheer them on their way. They seem oddly...relieved. The priest gazes from the back of a large horse, and the villagers avoid his eyes. At the edge of the village the servant from the inn rushes out to them carrying bundles of flower necklaces and drapes them over the gamers. Her words of gratitude flow in a torrent until they choke off in tears as she places the last chain of blooms. She rushes away, sobbing.
"Uh, what are we throwing into this volcano?" the gamers ask?
"Not what, who," says the unsmiling captain of the guard, "and I suppose that is up to you."
The hardened warriors close ranks around them, and the journey begins.
@The Young Pyromancer
Modbot posted twice
"Blow stuff up with your camera. You've become quite good at that"
Night 2 Begins
The labor pits were backbreaking, in a 72 hour shift. Supervisors brought stimtabs regularly, and at first the gamers popped them eagerly, savoring the boost. After the first couple rounds though they were informed by their fellow workers that it was possible to spend so much on stim tabs that there would come a hard choice at the end of the day between the meal and the roof overhead.
Yes, the stimtabs come out of your pay.
After a 72 hour shift you will sleep "the sleep of the dead" and if you are among the cast out you won't wake up even when the Peacekeeper presses the shock baton against your temple and blows all the circuits in your brain.
That's when the day got LONG.
As the hours passed and they got weaker the gamers concluded that their only chance was to pool their credits and get dinner and a bed for some, while choosing one to get nothing. As they labored the debate raged over who was more valuable in this battle to survive...and they slowly began to suspect that some among them could not be trusted.
The Lukundo has been selected, and cast out to the sidewalks to take their chances with the Peacekeepers. Exhausted and weak from hunger they will be easy prey, and no one can meet their eye. They hunch over their bowls of greenish stew. Only as they are settling into the close confines of the stacked bunks do they wonder, briefly, what becomes of the bodies collected by the recycling trucks.
LUKUNDO HAS DIED!
The Player was Mafia
And the player's roles were Black Market Dealer and Executioner
And he owned: Bubble Shield
Black Market Dealer: Black Market
This role can force a player to replace one of his roles for a role (that is still in the store) the Black Market Dealer wants .This action must be submitted during day phases and a max of two times in the entire game!
You also can raise the price of any given role, this is twice per game.
Executioner: The Executioner may once per game choose to execute a player during day if that person has received 50% or more of the required votes (for majority) at that time. This action immediately ends the day phase and causes the target to be lynched.
Bubble Shield: Can only be used by Science Fiction characters, once per game.
Effect: protects you from one night kill with 30% chance of discovering the name of the killer.
Gikkle Has Died!
The Player was Town
And the player's roles were: None Were Found on The Body
They were unknown heroes or villains,
unknown warriors or healers,
unknown vessels for those who were laid to rest,
unknown entities that never got to be a better (or worse) version of themselves.
They were found in a secret laboratory in Bartola city,
violently and hastily shred to pieces of flesh and bone,
they were twenty and they were plenty,
but destiny judged they must no longer exist.
Those who hoped for fallen heroes to resurrect now grieve,
Those who hope for their enemies to stay dead now dance and feast,
bitter news in Bartola City never ends...they never end,
Hades can now rightfully and permanently claim the unspoiled dead.
And spoil them through agony to no end...
All Unused Characters Have Been Killed.
And they were
Resurrections Are No Longer Possible
The Everyone's JOATED Spinoff You've Been Waiting For!
Fast & Furious, Transformers, Suicide Squad, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Bad Boys and many more movies had their spin-offs right? And they were really good!
Well , the same applies to this game! Everyone's JOATED was originally designed and hosted by @TripleHaven and @Dawoodle! I played in that game and we almost won (ahem). The game was so much fun that it inspired me to come up with a design of my own and called it "The Guillo's Cut".
Why? Cause guillotines cut $%#!, because it sounds theatrical, because it honors the original creators and because my version is twisted! REALLY TWISTED!
What can you expect?
1) Multiple Alignments
2) Designed for 25 players and a post cap of 250 per player in 48 hours day phases, fun and easy to keep up with.
3) Everyone is a Jack Of All Trades with a vast array of abilities ranging from the most violent to the most ridiculous! Both standard and custom made!
4) A soup kill mechanic! So you guys don't try to break my game with mass claiming, unless you all wanna die on day 1 of course.
5) Cool artwork I found on the internet.
6) Co-Hosted with one of the original creators @Dawoodle
7) Flavor with a bit of humor, maybe.
8) The host breaks the 4th Wall and moderately interacts with the players (in thread)
9) As you can expect! It's bastard with emphasis on having fun instead of game balance. Balance? Who cares about balance right?
SoD/SoN: 14:00 (GMT -8 now, GMT -7 then)
Post Limit: 250 posts per player
Minimum: 10 Posts
Type: Manual / Closed / Bastard / Role Madness
Mafia Factional Kill: Mandatory and Assigned
Mafia Soup Kill: Yes (Optional)
Communication Outside the Thread: Certain parties allowed
Majority End Day Early: At Final 7.
Players Informed at LYLO: No
Votes lock at Lylo: No
Graveyard: Unspoiled until certain roles are deactivated.
Balance: Again... What balance?
Give Me Your Soul
02 @Garden Gnome
05 @The Young Pyromancer
University and private academy costs increase every year in Bartola City!
It gets harder and harder to become a professional! Even more so in law enforcement!
CORONER NOW HAS A COST OF 2000 GIL
Order Of Operations
Just found out this info is supposed to be revealed in open and semi-open games.
Commuting/Kidnapping roles and items
Strongman roles and items
Manipulating roles and items
Protecting roles and items
Killing roles and items
Investigation roles and items
Supporting roles and items
Majority have decided!
Gil display will be kept public barring events or roles that state otherwise.
Do you have the artwork figured out? do need help on that regard?
Some balances were incorrect. My bad. They are fixed now
The day will not end early for any reason even if the modbot says so, if it locks I will just unlock it and set the day to continue until the original scheduled time.
Rule #19 Has Been Amended
Rule #14 Has Been Amended
Night 1 Starts
The gamers explored the space station and found that there was not much room for their exploration. The open cryopods beckoned, as did the ominous airlock. Otherwise, there seemed to be no way out. Eventually they settled around tables to decide on a course of action, playing their favorite characters and desultorily rolling dice.
As in any gaming group, there had to be the one who leeringly suggested "I could share a pod with the right person." A chorus of groans and "ew gross" was the immediate response, but then the nature of their predicament settled on them and they actually checked. No, the pods were strictly single occupant. No rolling a twenty could change that.
The discussion turned to who should be left out of the pods, and whether that person really had to be put out the airlock. As they fell glumly silent the airlock machinery could be heard rumbling, as if in eager anticipation.
"I am not getting in a pod knowing that someone is standing here with their only chance of survival being yanking me out and hijacking my pod!" Eyes were averted, but no one could counter the point. With a clatter of dice everyone agreed they would abide by the decision. The timer on the wall ticking down was like an oppressive weight, forcing them into an ebb and flow of votes, trying to sort out who was seeing their life measured away second by second.
Time was running out. Votes had piled up before, and ebbed away. As a majority formed saying that Sett would have to be the one to go, lights began flashing as the timer reached the minute mark. A computer generated voice rang through the station.
"Atmosphere loss immanent! All hands to cryopods!"
There was no time for goodbye, or reconsideration, Sett was escorted unceremoniously into the airlock and cycled into the cold vacuum of space.
Frantically, the remaining gamers scrambled into the pods.
No posting during STAND BY or during the NIGHT phase here.
A substitution request for Necroanthologist has been submitted. If Necro posts before being subbed out the player may stay.
Necroanthologist Has Been Prodded
Do Not Discuss This
OOC: Guys, I didn't design this game so complex just to limit it to 310 posts per day phase total. Of course it's 310 posts per person.
Locations Game Mode Enabled
@Timsup2nothin is here to immerse us in deep story lines and that is what he is here for ONLY. Please do not bother him with mechanical questions or anything game related, he will ignore them.
For those questions you refer to me or the Dynobot in the Open World Discord Server.
This Game Has been officially Randed.
It will begin this February 15th, 9am Pacific Time.
Do Not Post
Something went wrong.
There is a bug in our system. Balances are not displaying correctly.
This feature is temporarily down while we fix it.
Thank you for your patience.
(A): Any Alignment.
(V): Villager Only
(M): Mafia Only
(T): Third Party Only
There is only ONE copy available for each. (Except for Defrauded Townie) All ability descriptions can be found here:https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums...e/mafia-roles/ or in the game's server keywords. Except the bold colored abilities. These special abilities descriptions can only be revealed to the purchaser.
Ability Thief: G1000 (M)
The Alarmist: G100 (V) Alignment Cop: G700 (V) Summoner: G100(T) Amnesiac Cop: G100 (A) Anti-Doctor: G400 (M) Arms Dealer: G300 (T) Associate: G1000 (M) Astronomer: G1500 (A) The Asylum Doctor: G100 (V) Avoider: G200 (A) Baker: G1000 (V) Bodyguard: G100 (V) Bomb: G300 (V,T) Brainshocker: G100 (A) Cannoneer: G300 (M) Claim Vigilante: G100 (M) Clockmaker: G400 (T) Communication Cop: G100 (A) Dominator Owner: G1000 (A) Even Nights Commuter: G200 (V) Conspiracy Theorist: G100 (A) Copycat: G500 (A) Coroner: G2000 (V,M) Cupid: G400 (T) Item Thief: G1000 (A)) Gil Thief: G500 (M,T) Cycle Doctor: G1000 (V) Death Tailor: G500 (M) Duke: G100 (A) Delayed Vigilante: G400 (A) Doctor: G500 (V,M) Electromaniac: G500 (T) Executioner: G100 (A) Weapon Inspector: G1000 (A) Firefighter: G500 (V,M) Arsonist : G700 (T) Framer: G600 (M) Green Goo: G200 (A) Hippie: G100 (V,M) Inquisitor: G700 (T) Alien: G700 (V) Lawyer: G700 (M) Medicine Man: G400 (M) Methodical Cop: G100 (V) Destiny Controller: G1000 (V,M) Necromancer: G500 (A) Nurse: G100 (V) Proxy: G100 (A) Black Market Dealer: G100 (M,T) Purple Goo: G500 (V) Ritualist: G100 (A) Hooker: G500 (M)) Reporter: G100 (V,M) Strongman: G600 (M) Torturer: G1000 (V) Toxic Goo: G500 (A) Defrauded Townie: G100 (A) White Mage: G2000 (A) Healer: G100 (A)
These items can only be used by compatible characters.
There is only one copy available for each. G1000 each.
The Effects are only revealed to whoever buys the item.
Excalibur: The Excalibur is a blade that can only be used by male village characters.
3D Maneuver Gear: Can only be used by female characters from any alignment.
The Extase: The Extase may only be used by female mafia characters.
Saiga’s Camera: This weapon can be used only by male characters from any alignment.
Substitution Jutsu Log: Can only be used once per game and only by players with kill roles.
Bubble Shield:Can only be used by Science Fiction characters, once per game.
Daedric Armor: Can be used by fantasy characters only.
Welcome to Open World Mafia 1.0
Open World simulates a huge RPG sandbox with a plethora of characters, abilities and items to choose from. The game runs on a fictional currency we’ll call GIL.
Role abilities can be purchased with GIL via Private Message ONLY.
There are Role Abilities strictly for Villagers as there are for Mafia and Third Parties. There are some roles that either alignment can get.
These abilities will be displayed publicly for purchase (in the store) in the OP except for a few high cost abilities.
There is only ONE COPY of each ability.
Items can only be purchased if you meet the requirements to use them. Items can only be attempted to buy over private messages.
Every 24 hours the host will credit G200 to your balance.
Money balances will be displayed publicly for everyone to see. Displaying gil balance in the thread adds a new way of deduction but can't be cross referenced with roles and items inventory because those will be unknown. Also gil balance will be updated every 24 hours not at the moment of an actual purchase.
Players' inventory will be kept private. Roles are displayed publicly for purchase but not who has them, nor will be known that a role is no longer available until someone flips with it.
This game is considered bastard because of abilities that might force the host to lie to a player and certain game events that may alter the path of the game.
Players' GIL balance will be displayed publicly in the OP.
There may or may not be game events.
I cannot guarantee game balance.
Further information will be posted in the Open World Info Discord Server channel
No player from any alignment may own two killing roles at the same time.
Great Fun Comes with Great Responsibility!
Game Play and Rules (MUST READ!) ;)
- Game starts February 15th, 12:00 PM EDT
- SoD/SoN at 12:00 PM EDT.
- Game phases are 72/24
- DISCORD is mandatory. I reserve the right to make exceptions to this rule.
- Flakes will be reported.
- 10 posts minimum requirement within the first 24 hours of every SoD phase will be enforced, failing to meet it will get you replaced.
- On Day and Night 1, there are no private chats! Mafia will know each other's identities but will not have access to a chat where they can coordinate.
- On Night 1, every mafia member must submit a name for the night kill privately. The host will then put those names in a random name picker program and the name that is picked gets killed.
- From Day 2 and on, everyone that qualifies for a private group chat will get one.
- During the day phase, players will VOTE: PERSON if they suspect that person of being a MAFIA. The modbot will post a vote count every 6 hours. It takes a majority of votes on a single person to send that person to a fitting punishment, at which point I will reveal their role and they will no longer be allowed to post in the thread. If no majority is reached by deadline, a random yeet will occur. UNLESS...
- Players may also VOTE: SLEEP. If this receives a majority of the votes then nobody will be sent off.
- MAJORITY DOES NOT end the day early until Final 9.
- Players with a Day Phase action may activate them anytime during day phase (PMs will explain how). During the night phase, players with special abilities will PM me on their OPEN WORLD SERVER private chat only to use their abilities and actions (unless I made an special exception for you). Mafia will also vote on who to kill in the chat and the mafia leader will decide who does the actual killing.
- The Town wins the game when they successfully eliminate all threats to the group and at least one townie is alive. The Mafia wins the game when there is no way to stop them becoming equal in number to the town and all other factions are dead. There may also be third-party roles in this game with their respective winning conditions.
- Mafia can multitask but they cannot proxy each other's individual actions.
- You can only purchase Role Abilities and Items during the day phase via private message. You can only attempt to buy two times per day phase, if your purchase fails after the first two attempts, you will have to wait until next the next day to try again.
- Roles that you buy stay permanently on your character until you die or they are stolen from you.
- If you die, so do the abilities that you acquired except for Roles that ignore this rule.
- If you are revived, you come back as a different character randomly assigned to you, as long as you can pay the G100 for the character. If not, you can’t come back to life. You cannot copy and paste what you find in the dead channel but you can paraphrase.
- Players can only hold ONE ITEM at a time.
- Roles and GIL CANNOT be transferred between players, unless there is a role that directly influences otherwise. ITEMS can be transferred ONCE per cycle.
- Do not quote anything from your PMs with me. If you want to claim your role, do it by paraphrasing what I sent you.
- Don't talk to other players about the game outside of the game thread unless your role says you can. Don’t get caught and risk a modkill and a permanent ban from all mafia games I host in the future.
- You are not allowed to post in the game thread after you have died except at the Game Host's discretion
- There is an UNSPOILED graveyard chat.
- There is no limit of Days and Nights. The game will finish when there is a winner.
- Due to being able to purchase up to two abilities, this game is considered Role Madness.
- VERY IMPORTANT. In games, not all players wish to be competitive, and no one is required to be excellent at the game; that is an individual's right. Do not degrade your fellow guests and fellow players by calling them stupid or bad. In casual conversation, if they ask you to stop using insults / slurs / bigoted language or to quit attacking or bashing people, even if you think it is a joke, it is no longer a joke. Please stop. If you don’t stop, a warning will hint you that you must. After that, it’s mod kill time and I always have my guillotine ready!
- Mafia, as a game, can only work when the players inside the game abide by a certain kind of fiction. It's not roleplaying, not exactly, but the idea that a mafia game exists inside its own little bubble is what prevents games from degenerating into rampant angleshooting, prevents games from spilling over into other games, and lets us call each other liars without making it a personal attack. Respect and embrace the bubble but do not abuse it to break rule 28.
- Mafia has a mandatory and assigned factional kill.
- There may or may not be a SOUP KILL mechanic in this game
- The host reserves the right to add rules and make adjustments to fix unforeseen loopholes during the game.
- I will only answer to questions about the roles and items you buy, I will ignore all questions about roles you have not purchased and about game mechanics. This is a game about solving mysteries, so do that!
- There is a limit of 310 posts per day phase that will never lift. This is to prevent making it a chore for everyone to follow and play the game due to hyper posting.
Players got until tomorrow to join the discord or will get replaced. I need to know you at least check the forum once per day.
Shad dislikes TL for coming into the thread and randomly throwing executions, he thinks that is scummy, he also didn't like her calling my reads fake. He says that Hally feels different from her town game from sense8 when she was town. He scum reads these two slots but disagrees with me on scum reading Esooa. He thinks Esooa is just above null but right bellow the town lean line now.
Ephemera hates the buildup on the beeboy's wagon now and he agrees with my scum read on TL.
So I'm leaving my vote on TL.