Search:

Type: Posts; User: Ampharos

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 0.03 seconds.

  1. Replies
    785
    Views
    5,022

    Completed i apologize for kinda losing my cool at the end...

    i apologize for kinda losing my cool at the end there
  2. Replies
    785
    Views
    5,022

    Completed in hindsight this is bettwr bc i am NOT in a...

    in hindsight this is bettwr bc i am NOT in a state to be playing mafia rn

    gg wolves
  3. Replies
    785
    Views
    5,022

    Completed ara/jav i will have Wordcs postgame

    ara/jav

    i will have Wordcs postgame
  4. Replies
    785
    Views
    5,022

    Completed shoot ara tonight.

    Quote Originally Posted by Secondhand Revenant (#767)
    I feel like Amy's eod is nervous in a wolfy way so I'm staying bleh
    shoot ara tonight.
  5. Replies
    785
    Views
    5,022

    Completed sometimes i am right about things

    Quote Originally Posted by Javelinlover (#764)
    i think perhaps one of the biggest things about my scumread on amy is how absolutely resokute she is on the hammy townread like what hammy said himself in that one post i super townread him for
    sometimes i am right about things
  6. Replies
    785
    Views
    5,022

    Completed View Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Secondhand Revenant (#758)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#751)
    WOW GEE IT'S ALMOST LIKE I'M NOT GONNA FLIP RED
    What's this in response to?
    Quote Originally Posted by Secondhand Revenant (#748)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arapocalypse (#744)
    Sorry, I'm not distracted anymore; still leaning towards wanting to vote Amy here!!!

    Regarding SR... follow your heart, and if your heart ends wanting to kill me because I wanted you to claim, then... okay!!
    I mean, if Amy flips red I obv wouldn't be shooting you so hrmmm
  7. Replies
    785
    Views
    5,022

    Completed so you're about where i'm at :wowee: fun

    Quote Originally Posted by Secondhand Revenant (#756)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#747)
    Quote Originally Posted by Secondhand Revenant (#742)
    Quote Originally Posted by the-middle-of-the-line (#741)
    this is my worry too, b/c I think if it's ara i will personally have trouble tomorrow
    I might just do the vig tbh, if you're okay with that
    how confident are you in ara/me having 1 wolf for sure
    Not terribly but like enough I'm scared to let it slip by?
    so you're about where i'm at

    fun
  8. Replies
    785
    Views
    5,022

    Completed i like how jav very specifically supports the...

    i like how jav very specifically supports the version of the plan that leads with a miselim, rather than the inverse

    any issue with voting ara then vigging me, egg?
  9. Replies
    785
    Views
    5,022

    Completed WOW GEE IT'S ALMOST LIKE I'M NOT GONNA FLIP RED

    WOW GEE IT'S ALMOST LIKE I'M NOT GONNA FLIP RED
  10. Replies
    785
    Views
    5,022

    Completed how confident are you in ara/me having 1 wolf for...

    Quote Originally Posted by Secondhand Revenant (#742)
    Quote Originally Posted by the-middle-of-the-line (#741)
    Quote Originally Posted by Secondhand Revenant (#737)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#735)
    sr i'm gonna scream
    I'm sitting here deciding between you two, worried that if I don't vig the other if wrong then uh, people may not do it tbh. It's kind of nerve wracking
    this is my worry too, b/c I think if it's ara i will personally have trouble tomorrow
    I might just do the vig tbh, if you're okay with that
    how confident are you in ara/me having 1 wolf for sure
  11. Replies
    785
    Views
    5,022

    Completed "i would bet the game on hammy town" means "i am...

    Quote Originally Posted by the-middle-of-the-line (#739)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#733)
    Quote Originally Posted by the-middle-of-the-line (#731)
    I think Amy is saying that she's already given up on reading hammy wolf if I'm understanding correctly

    I cannot tell if that's incredibly towny or scummy here
    what the $%#! are you talking about

    it's not that i've "given up" on reading him wolf, it's that i have approximately a billion reasons to townread him and i'm confident in all of them

    what is this framing lmao
    n it sounded more like to me that you were saying "if hammy is scum i throw the game" to me
    "i would bet the game on hammy town" means "i am confident enough in my read on hammy's alignment to completely discount him from my scum pool; i recognize that this is a game-losing action if he's scum, but he isn't, so i don't care"
  12. Replies
    785
    Views
    5,022

    Completed sr i'm gonna scream

    Quote Originally Posted by Secondhand Revenant (#732)
    I slightly dislike that ara feels like she's hanging back at this eod but ugh
    sr i'm gonna scream
  13. Replies
    785
    Views
    5,022

    Completed what the $%#! are you talking about it's not...

    Quote Originally Posted by the-middle-of-the-line (#731)
    I think Amy is saying that she's already given up on reading hammy wolf if I'm understanding correctly

    I cannot tell if that's incredibly towny or scummy here
    what the $%#! are you talking about

    it's not that i've "given up" on reading him wolf, it's that i have approximately a billion reasons to townread him and i'm confident in all of them

    what is this framing lmao
  14. Replies
    785
    Views
    5,022

    Completed what i've literally been saying i think it's...

    Quote Originally Posted by Secondhand Revenant (#725)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#722)
    Quote Originally Posted by Secondhand Revenant (#717)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#714)
    i've already said i'd bet the game on hammy being wolf so if you're that confident on jav town then it's ara/ssr

    which is to say that you should blast ara tonight

    i'm not there on jav town but it's largely for some combination of "she feels like the most likely ara partner" and "she is underthinking things i don't THINK she would underthink as town" but like. i don't know that for sure
    Do you see a jav/ssr world?
    i think jav's brief foray into voting ssr here felt like a knock against it, i think fmpov it felt more like testing the waters at a point where it looked like momentum was maybe moving away from me a bit. could have been looking for another viable miselim to push

    once len came back and doubled down on me being a wolf you note that the ssr push subsided

    beyond that particular point, dunno
    It's a matter of if it's not jav/ssr then ara/ssr in your view yeah?
    what

    i've literally been saying i think it's ara/jav?

    why are you discounting that as a world? did i miss something?
  15. Replies
    785
    Views
    5,022

    Completed first time for everything, i suppose

    Quote Originally Posted by the-middle-of-the-line (#721)
    okay I see your point
    first time for everything, i suppose
  16. Replies
    785
    Views
    5,022

    Completed i think jav's brief foray into voting ssr here...

    Quote Originally Posted by Secondhand Revenant (#717)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#714)
    Quote Originally Posted by Secondhand Revenant (#709)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#704)
    hooooooooly $%#!ing $%#!
    If I'm feeling len and jav town, where do you think I go if not in you/ara?
    i've already said i'd bet the game on hammy being wolf so if you're that confident on jav town then it's ara/ssr

    which is to say that you should blast ara tonight

    i'm not there on jav town but it's largely for some combination of "she feels like the most likely ara partner" and "she is underthinking things i don't THINK she would underthink as town" but like. i don't know that for sure
    Do you see a jav/ssr world?
    i think jav's brief foray into voting ssr here felt like a knock against it, i think fmpov it felt more like testing the waters at a point where it looked like momentum was maybe moving away from me a bit. could have been looking for another viable miselim to push

    once len came back and doubled down on me being a wolf you note that the ssr push subsided

    beyond that particular point, dunno
  17. Replies
    785
    Views
    5,022

    Completed lenore who do you think ara nightkills as mafia

    Quote Originally Posted by the-middle-of-the-line (#711)
    Quote Originally Posted by Secondhand Revenant (#701)
    Quote Originally Posted by the-middle-of-the-line (#699)
    Quote Originally Posted by Secondhand Revenant (#692)
    Amy/Ara would be... very hard world to reach tbh
    I agree but I have no idea why ara is alive rn if most of us were town reading her
    Well in a wolf Amy world killing Claire is clearly to her benefit regardless of Ara alignment. It's just doubly so ig if Ara is a wolf too but it doesn't point any more to it
    actually okay yes, the claire kill definitely points towards amy but you're prob right that it doesn't give much insight on ara
    lenore who do you think ara nightkills as mafia
  18. Replies
    785
    Views
    5,022

    Completed i've already said i'd bet the game on hammy being...

    Quote Originally Posted by Secondhand Revenant (#709)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#704)
    Quote Originally Posted by Secondhand Revenant (#697)
    I'm probably feeling set where I am

    I'm a bit offput wrt Amy's reactions on being wolf read or people saying things that they can see her as a wolf for. Reactions sort of lowkey feel like miming feelings a bit tho not sure just small thing in addition to other things
    hooooooooly $%#!ing $%#!
    If I'm feeling len and jav town, where do you think I go if not in you/ara?
    i've already said i'd bet the game on hammy being wolf so if you're that confident on jav town then it's ara/ssr

    which is to say that you should blast ara tonight

    i'm not there on jav town but it's largely for some combination of "she feels like the most likely ara partner" and "she is underthinking things i don't THINK she would underthink as town" but like. i don't know that for sure
  19. Replies
    785
    Views
    5,022

    Completed just kill me then, whatever i don't know what...

    just kill me then, whatever

    i don't know what the $%#! else i can do, this ain't on me lmao
  20. Replies
    785
    Views
    5,022

    Completed hooooooooly $%#!ing $%#!

    Quote Originally Posted by Secondhand Revenant (#697)
    I'm probably feeling set where I am

    I'm a bit offput wrt Amy's reactions on being wolf read or people saying things that they can see her as a wolf for. Reactions sort of lowkey feel like miming feelings a bit tho not sure just small thing in addition to other things
    hooooooooly $%#!ing $%#!
  21. Replies
    785
    Views
    5,022

    Completed trying to figure out if i'd bet the game on ara...

    trying to figure out if i'd bet the game on ara wolf

    unsure

    that would require me to feel confident about my "ssr doesn't have partners" read and i'm not sure i do

    if i COULD feel good about that i'd just say "let's vote ara and if she flips green you can shoot me w/e" but... if she flips green and you shoot me we lose LOL
  22. Replies
    785
    Views
    5,022

    Completed on top of the other 500 reasons to townread hammy...

    Quote Originally Posted by the-middle-of-the-line (#691)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#689)
    Quote Originally Posted by the-middle-of-the-line (#686)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#681)
    ssr's posts are wolfy but the biggest issue i have w/ scumreading him is that nobody feels like his partner
    I think he's just not existed enough that he could either be a wolf with any one of my scum reads, or a beeboy type town :v
    all of your scumreads have been pushing him lol

    unless you're scumreading hammy

    which i don't actually remember

    but hammy is a villager so idc
    I am scum reading hammy :v except in the world where you and ara are doing a funny performative dance where you're both scum
    on top of the other 500 reasons to townread hammy he literally townslipped and thought the wolves had 2 nightkills

    but whatever dude you do you
  23. Replies
    785
    Views
    5,022

    Completed all of your scumreads have been pushing him lol ...

    Quote Originally Posted by the-middle-of-the-line (#686)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#681)
    ssr's posts are wolfy but the biggest issue i have w/ scumreading him is that nobody feels like his partner
    I think he's just not existed enough that he could either be a wolf with any one of my scum reads, or a beeboy type town :v
    all of your scumreads have been pushing him lol

    unless you're scumreading hammy

    which i don't actually remember

    but hammy is a villager so idc
  24. Replies
    785
    Views
    5,022

    Completed ssr's posts are wolfy but the biggest issue i...

    ssr's posts are wolfy but the biggest issue i have w/ scumreading him is that nobody feels like his partner
  25. Replies
    785
    Views
    5,022

    Completed i also left thread to go get my shot after i...

    Quote Originally Posted by the-middle-of-the-line (#677)
    perhaps it was jav expressing sus on ara after you voted too

    :v

    but i guess that is kind of irrelevant now that jav thinks ara is unlikely to be wolf
    i also left thread to go get my shot after i voted, so like.

    anyways this eod is giving me rly strong ara/jav vibes ngl
  26. Replies
    785
    Views
    5,022

    Completed jav has literally never voted for ara? i just...

    Quote Originally Posted by the-middle-of-the-line (#666)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#662)
    Quote Originally Posted by the-middle-of-the-line (#656)
    part of my hesitation still with amy is wrt the ara vote

    I suggested ara/jav as a possible world last night and today

    Amy returns to the thread after SR goes onto ara, and votes for Ara, alongside jav, who I thought Amy was suspecting at this point

    why would w!jav put down her vote here if wolves with Ara?
    jav wasn't voting ara when i voted for ara though?

    am i misunderstanding your point?
    yeah, my point was more so that you remained on ara after jav joined you in ara = scum thoughts and on wagon

    (unless you were literally disapoofed from thread and did not notice)

    for me when someone I scum read votes one of my scum reads that i'm voting on, that causes me to waver on whether or not my vote is correct (see eod yesterday wrt dunn and hammy vote)
    jav has literally never voted for ara? i just checked vote history to make sure i wasn't crazy and

  27. Replies
    785
    Views
    5,022

    Completed Secondhand Revenant do you have any pairs of...

    @Secondhand Revenant

    do you have any pairs of individuals that you think always contain at least 1 wolf

    thinkin bout vig stuff
  28. Replies
    785
    Views
    5,022

    Completed p#542

    Quote Originally Posted by Javelinlover (#661)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#655)
    Quote Originally Posted by Javelinlover (#651)
    i think i will ##Vote superstarsrockfor being the common thread
    thoughts on what i quoted regarding ara/ssr?
    ah sorry where?
    p#542
  29. Replies
    785
    Views
    5,022

    Completed jav wasn't voting ara when i voted for ara...

    Quote Originally Posted by the-middle-of-the-line (#656)
    part of my hesitation still with amy is wrt the ara vote

    I suggested ara/jav as a possible world last night and today

    Amy returns to the thread after SR goes onto ara, and votes for Ara, alongside jav, who I thought Amy was suspecting at this point

    why would w!jav put down her vote here if wolves with Ara?
    jav wasn't voting ara when i voted for ara though?

    am i misunderstanding your point?
  30. Replies
    785
    Views
    5,022

    Completed thoughts on what i quoted regarding ara/ssr?

    Quote Originally Posted by Javelinlover (#651)
    i think i will ##Vote superstarsrockfor being the common thread
    thoughts on what i quoted regarding ara/ssr?
  31. Replies
    785
    Views
    5,022

    Completed i honestly dunno. but the post feels fake

    Quote Originally Posted by Secondhand Revenant (#645)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#636)
    Quote Originally Posted by Secondhand Revenant (#634)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#633)
    well this post is alarming
    Elaborate?
    it's a significantly less nuanced take than yours or mine on the situation, arrives at the same conclusion wayyyy later than we did, and feels like a weird way to enter the thread when you've been gone for like 24+ hours

    so it's a wolfy push on the person i'm currently voting for

    which is, as i said, alarming
    Sure, it came later, it's gonna be a bit less nuanced. What do you think town ssr does instead when introduced to the idea?
    i honestly dunno. but the post feels fake
  32. Replies
    785
    Views
    5,022

    Completed because from where i'm sitting you two are the...

    Quote Originally Posted by superstarsrock (#640)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#619)
    dude i'm not asking why you're not sheeping my reads i'm asking why you seem to be stopping to remind yourself every 2 seconds that you're still scumreading me

    there is some fundamental disconnect here where you're unable to find my alignment and if it's just because you don't agree with my pushes hard enough then Fine, Whatever, there's not a ton i can do about that besides keep trying to solve the game

    but i wanna figure out wtf is going on here because it's extremely irksome.

    to more specifically address reading ara: i'm looking at a very narrow PoE here - you're clear, i'd bet the game on hammy being town, and my own read on len combined with your conviction makes me feel more than comfortable keeping her out of the PoE. fmpov i am looking at 3 people, and 2 of them are wolves.

    arapocalypse is good at wolfing. i AGREE with you, in that i like the shape her thread presence has taken. i like how she's approached the thread, i like the questions she's asking, i generally thought she was Town Off Tone for d1 and the first half of d2. but if i clear ara i lock myself into an ssr/jav world. do i think that world works? do i think it makes sense? it feels Too Easy, and i'm not there on it yet. so i can't afford to clear ara for generic villager $%#! when i have the clearest view on the game's Actual PoE
    Why is me/jav too easy? Just because you don't want to lock in on two specific people as scum at this point?
    because from where i'm sitting you two are the most obvious PoE slots in the game? especially given you were both lowposting for most of today

    feels like it almost never turns out that the obvious PoE slots are wolves together lol
  33. Replies
    785
    Views
    5,022

    Completed i AM open to discussion on that though because...

    i AM open to discussion on that though because i'm not sure if that particular post is getting into moon logic territory, it's a whole lotta speculation
  34. Replies
    785
    Views
    5,022

    Completed i touched on this last night

    Quote Originally Posted by Javelinlover (#637)
    hm, ssr/ara? thoughts?
    i touched on this last night

    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#542)
    ...maybe i'm wrong to too quickly discount an Ara/SSR world?

    The thread was stagnant on me/SSR wagons, and Ara didn't leave herself a ton of room to reasonably swap onto me; if she's a wolf feeling cornered by that, this could potentially be her hail mary to realign things away from that.

    The counterargument there is that if jav winds up being the vig it's kinda catastrophic, cause then I triple down on SSR and SR is still on the brink of joining me. I think it's MORE likely that Ara does this to secure an already-favorable thread position than to try to salvage a lost one, especially because I don't think anyone was really linking her to SSR at all and she could probably just shut up and bus him and try to go deep.

    yeah ok i talked myself out of it, ara/ssr probably just isn't viable
  35. Replies
    785
    Views
    5,022

    Completed it's a significantly less nuanced take than yours...

    Quote Originally Posted by Secondhand Revenant (#634)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#633)
    Quote Originally Posted by superstarsrock (#632)
    making my way through the thread o7

    Quote Originally Posted by Arapocalypse (#554)
    I'm sorry, but sleeping in LYLO for the vig shot just... somehow literally did not occur to me whatsoever when I was considering this, sorry!!!!!!!!

    I mean yeah it seems obvious now that you say it like that, but... yeah, I just didn't think of it!!!!

    That being said... I'm not entirely sure, but strong chance I would have pushed for the strategy regardless? Especially considering the increased benefit for if anyone else was the vig; even you turning out to be the vig gets me to breathe a massive sigh of relief, so that I don't have that tinfoil of "what if SR is just being really reasonable as mafia here" taking up space in my mind!!

    Anyways, I blame my being more accustomed to accounting for not-vig PRs; need to think things more next time!!!!

    Sorry if you didn't like it, but... I get real concerned when it feels like half the game is too busy to play the game much, particularly at this point in the game!!
    Not really seeing the logic behind this from v!ara, missing a concept like keeping the most important townie hidden to allow them to continue taking shots doesn't feel like something ara would just miss.

    The rationalization is ara explaining the thought process behind why outing the vig is actually beneficial but it also equates "we don't have to worry about SR being mafia anymore" as a worthwhile tradeoff for losing the vig tonight. Couldn't he have just claimed vig if a wagon formed on him if that was the case?

    Will be around for eod this time but I'm behind so I'll try to speedread the rest and help out.
    well this post is alarming
    Elaborate?
    it's a significantly less nuanced take than yours or mine on the situation, arrives at the same conclusion wayyyy later than we did, and feels like a weird way to enter the thread when you've been gone for like 24+ hours

    so it's a wolfy push on the person i'm currently voting for

    which is, as i said, alarming
  36. Replies
    785
    Views
    5,022

    Completed well this post is alarming

    Quote Originally Posted by superstarsrock (#632)
    making my way through the thread o7

    Quote Originally Posted by Arapocalypse (#554)
    I'm sorry, but sleeping in LYLO for the vig shot just... somehow literally did not occur to me whatsoever when I was considering this, sorry!!!!!!!!

    I mean yeah it seems obvious now that you say it like that, but... yeah, I just didn't think of it!!!!

    That being said... I'm not entirely sure, but strong chance I would have pushed for the strategy regardless? Especially considering the increased benefit for if anyone else was the vig; even you turning out to be the vig gets me to breathe a massive sigh of relief, so that I don't have that tinfoil of "what if SR is just being really reasonable as mafia here" taking up space in my mind!!

    Anyways, I blame my being more accustomed to accounting for not-vig PRs; need to think things more next time!!!!

    Sorry if you didn't like it, but... I get real concerned when it feels like half the game is too busy to play the game much, particularly at this point in the game!!
    Not really seeing the logic behind this from v!ara, missing a concept like keeping the most important townie hidden to allow them to continue taking shots doesn't feel like something ara would just miss.

    The rationalization is ara explaining the thought process behind why outing the vig is actually beneficial but it also equates "we don't have to worry about SR being mafia anymore" as a worthwhile tradeoff for losing the vig tonight. Couldn't he have just claimed vig if a wagon formed on him if that was the case?

    Will be around for eod this time but I'm behind so I'll try to speedread the rest and help out.
    well this post is alarming
  37. Replies
    785
    Views
    5,022

    Completed jav, if i'm a wolf with ssr, why was i trying to...

    jav, if i'm a wolf with ssr, why was i trying to get him killed at eod yesterday and for like half of today
  38. Replies
    785
    Views
    5,022

    Completed with len specifically the scumread i held back...

    Quote Originally Posted by Javelinlover (#629)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#628)
    Quote Originally Posted by Javelinlover (#625)
    hmm, good point about len's towniness here. i'm not quite sure how much i buy the "i'm investing into future game alignment reads" here, think it's valid but for the scope of this game i don't like it
    not future games, future as in "within the next 24 hours"

    i'm saying i wanted to see what len would do THIS GAME, without me telling her what i expected her to do THIS GAME, so that i could see what her behavior THIS GAME would say about her alignment THIS GAME without her knowing exactly what i was looking for THIS GAME
    so is there a reason why you had this reservation for len and riri and not everyone else?
    with len specifically the scumread i held back was based on behavior she had yet to manifest

    with claire specifically the reason i held back my reasons for townreading her was to see if those reasons would continue manifesting

    my read on you yesterday, past liking early tonal stuff, also falls into this category actually. there's a reason i kept saying "i wanna let jav vibe and see what happens"

    with my other reads, i was either town- or scumreading them for things that they had already done, in the past. i did not need to evaluate whether they would do something in the future because i liked/disliked isolated behavior points that already existed. surely you see the distinction here?
  39. Replies
    785
    Views
    5,022

    Completed not future games, future as in "within the next...

    Quote Originally Posted by Javelinlover (#625)
    hmm, good point about len's towniness here. i'm not quite sure how much i buy the "i'm investing into future game alignment reads" here, think it's valid but for the scope of this game i don't like it
    not future games, future as in "within the next 24 hours"

    i'm saying i wanted to see what len would do THIS GAME, without me telling her what i expected her to do THIS GAME, so that i could see what her behavior THIS GAME would say about her alignment THIS GAME without her knowing exactly what i was looking for THIS GAME
  40. Replies
    785
    Views
    5,022

    Completed i DID vote jav last night, if you'll recall ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Secondhand Revenant (#622)
    Have some stuff I need to do rn during eod, but Amy wrt Ara, in your shoes I'd probably look for the easier person first then?

    Which is funny because rn I'm clear town and I'm not doing so but also that's partly due to claire death making me think $%#! is up wrt you and potentially ara
    i DID vote jav last night, if you'll recall

    you'll forgive me if i woke up, saw ara call my push bad for nonsense reasons, and decided that she was probably just wolfing
  41. Replies
    785
    Views
    5,022

    Completed re: hammy being performative, i would expect him...

    re: hammy being performative, i would expect him to write like this as either alignment. that's just how he is
  42. Replies
    785
    Views
    5,022

    Completed traffic was $%#! because i forgot there's a soccer...

    traffic was $%#! because i forgot there's a soccer game today AND i got stuck behind a train AND i still haven't gotten to eat yet AND people are pushing me for dumb reasons. Annoyed Amy is here and i don't think there's enough time left in the day to put the genie back in the bottle

    Quote Originally Posted by Secondhand Revenant (#591)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#588)
    SR, I've emptied my brain onto the page today. You agree with my reads. How do I help you get there on me? What are we missing here?

    It feels like every time I post you're like "hmmmm that's a good point but I think you're a wolf so..." and I tried rly hard not to get upset about it but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't annoyed.

    halfway tempted to say "just kill me and sheep my reads" ngl but I'm fundamentally opposed to self voting except to self hammer as scum so option 2 is that we gotta Get There

    need to eat or I'm gonna pass out, gimme a bit
    They're *reasonable* thoughts but that doesn't mean they're all there is to it? Like wrt Ara, she really tried hard to drive the thread forward when she didn't have to? I'm not sure you should be on her *except* for the vig thing and stuff surrounding that?

    It's not that I think your things are definitive, it's that I think you are able to make reasonable points worth consideration, but they don't make someone a wolf because there's other considerations to weigh against?
    dude i'm not asking why you're not sheeping my reads i'm asking why you seem to be stopping to remind yourself every 2 seconds that you're still scumreading me

    there is some fundamental disconnect here where you're unable to find my alignment and if it's just because you don't agree with my pushes hard enough then Fine, Whatever, there's not a ton i can do about that besides keep trying to solve the game

    but i wanna figure out wtf is going on here because it's extremely irksome.

    to more specifically address reading ara: i'm looking at a very narrow PoE here - you're clear, i'd bet the game on hammy being town, and my own read on len combined with your conviction makes me feel more than comfortable keeping her out of the PoE. fmpov i am looking at 3 people, and 2 of them are wolves.

    arapocalypse is good at wolfing. i AGREE with you, in that i like the shape her thread presence has taken. i like how she's approached the thread, i like the questions she's asking, i generally thought she was Town Off Tone for d1 and the first half of d2. but if i clear ara i lock myself into an ssr/jav world. do i think that world works? do i think it makes sense? it feels Too Easy, and i'm not there on it yet. so i can't afford to clear ara for generic villager $%#! when i have the clearest view on the game's Actual PoE

    Quote Originally Posted by Javelinlover (#598)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#148)
    hhh you asked about the two reads i have actual Reasons to hold back that aren't just pure laziness lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#149)
    to be clear: while i AM currently scumreading len, she's made a grand total of 8 posts. i'd like to further evaluate her behavior without it being influenced by any allegations i would otherwise make

    similar thing on claire, but in the opposite direction
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#155)
    Alright, sure, let's look at this.

    Quote Originally Posted by the-middle-of-the-line (#88)
    Len's soulreads (don't ask for any clarification or explanation because this is me trying to peer into people's souls, I don't know how to explain this but I think I'll get at least some right, I love doing this because Mangled Fern used to do this and had a pretty high accuracy rate)

    Ampharos - randed scum but is trying to be chill and have a good time with friends
    Arapocalypse - very excited to be town and aggressively pushes everything she can
    beeboy - randed town but forgot about the thread or randed scum and early posted because ??
    Chelsea - randed town, probably because has good pushes and I generally agree with her. This is the only not soulread because I don't think I can read Claire's soul.
    Dunnstral - either randed town and has awful tone or just randed scum
    Hammy - possibly randed scum with Amy and the first vote is just an elaborate w/w theatre
    Javelinlover - possibly randed scum and is trying to pocket SR
    Secondhand Revenant - either randed scum and is oowerwolfing by pushing Ara who's probably one of my strongest town reads or is being treated like town by jav which is like ???
    superstarsrock - randed town and is having a good time, seems pretty relaxed and excited to be here
    the-middle-of-the-line - mwah
    Note the scumreads on this list. Notably, note that mine is the only one that's phrased like the firm townreads - there's no mincing of words, there's no "possibly", I just randed scum. Seems like a safe bet to say that I should be her biggest scumread right now.

    Thing is, I don't... see that manifesting elsewhere in her ISO. She's asked me a question about the "stop making bad pushes" post I made, but it's a pretty weak question - think it's not too difficult to understand what I mean when I say "you shouldn't push Dunn for doing Dunn things", and I think that's an extremely weird aspect of that entire chain to choose to focus on. Her only other real comments about me are some nonsense about RVS that I can't even really parse?

    I think the fact that she was willing to word a read on me this strongly, but only in a post that she's intentionally downplaying and almost certainly intends to disown later, is a bad look. I think if she feels strongly enough about my alignment to make me the only firm wolfread in her soulreads list, she'd be more motivated to actually push that.

    And no, I've never played mafia with Len before, but I've argued with Len before, and I'm looking for some of the same things here :P
    this is the progression of amy on len on d1 and i think it's kind of funky. the reason she's holding back her reads was because she didn't want it to influence len's posts??? what?? how does that make any sort of sense and how does it help town at all? i think that len responding to amy is a good thing here because of the fact that amy *already made a scumread on len* for the soulreads list but refused to give any sort of reasoning further than that and refused to elaborate like


    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#142)
    there's more to my scumread on len than just a dislike of her soul read but a lot of it is vague ~feels~ and i kinda wanna get her back in here and see what's what before i talk about it
    ?????????????????????????????
    dude ok this is not rocket science

    the reason i didn't want to influence len's posts was because the biggest thing i was holding back was "i think len has been far more Detatched and Clinical than i think she would be as a villager, i expect her to be down in the dirt debating people here"

    do you know what happens if i out that read? she starts doing that regardless of alignment, because if she's a wolf i've just told her how to get me to townread her

    the benefit to town is "i get to see if this read has any actual merit or not, because this read is based at least partially on a certain behavior that's yet to manifest; if this behavior manifests without outside influence, then i can trust that said behavior's genuine"

    Quote Originally Posted by the-middle-of-the-line (#601)
    Okay yeah uh

    Especially there's a post from Amy later on that townreads me for fighting tooth and nail with SR, which is ~fine

    Except for that Amy said she expected me to fight someone if I were town, and since I did, I'm town. This felt to me to be sort of the similar personality reads she was doing on you (jav), Sr, Dunn, and Claire on d1

    Admittedly I get biased towards ppl once they start townreading me because I'm like oh wow you understand where I'm coming from now, but I think the ease of the initial town read that Amy gave me because I had a kerscuffle in thread with SR makes me wary now

    Esp since I think the rest of you were townreading that interaction for different reasons (and as I eventually came to townread Sr for being a stubborn brick wall with similar tunnels on me as I had on him)
    i expect you to be more controlled as a wolf, more composed. i think the manner in which you fight with someone would look decidedly different if the conviction behind your opinions is entirely fake. it's not just THAT you and SR got into an argument, it's the sheer unbending dedication and unbridled annoyance coming from you at him not backing down
  43. Replies
    785
    Views
    5,022

    Completed SR, I've emptied my brain onto the page today....

    SR, I've emptied my brain onto the page today. You agree with my reads. How do I help you get there on me? What are we missing here?

    It feels like every time I post you're like "hmmmm that's a good point but I think you're a wolf so..." and I tried rly hard not to get upset about it but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't annoyed.

    halfway tempted to say "just kill me and sheep my reads" ngl but I'm fundamentally opposed to self voting except to self hammer as scum so option 2 is that we gotta Get There

    need to eat or I'm gonna pass out, gimme a bit
  44. Replies
    785
    Views
    5,022

    Completed ara's posts would have gotten me to vote her...

    ara's posts would have gotten me to vote her regardless of whether or not you were there

    also hello i have downloaded nanobots
  45. Replies
    785
    Views
    5,022

    Completed Arapocalypse my reasons don't suck and it's...

    ##Vote Arapocalypse

    my reasons don't suck and it's wack that you're framing it as such

    this thread has been more active during night hours than day hours; i don't buy that you thought that lack of activity was literally game losing, given SR and I have been in here every night

    i also don't buy that you couldn't discuss this plan alongside talking about other things. we're all filthy wallposters, it's very easy to not dominate discussion when everyone's talking about 10 different things at once

    and i pose the same question to you that i did to jav: where has my behavior at all been indicative of a me/ssr pairing? what's your logic there?

    that's the cliffs version of my catchup, more after i get back from installing 5g unless it kills me
  46. Replies
    785
    Views
    5,022

    Completed i mostly just wanted to look at the votecount in...

    Quote Originally Posted by Secondhand Revenant (#548)
    I am not super feeling like handing out derp clears tbh, not clear wrt if people would try to fake them or if a you/hammy team would involve you telling him to do that for instance. (Yes I know the retro vote count thing but also I was waiting to see if you'd comment on why it ever existed and half wondering if you just slipped and accidentally called it up)
    i mostly just wanted to look at the votecount in color to see if anything jumped out at me, and nothing really did

    i considered trying to go over eod in more depth but my conviction that hammy is town kinda convinced me that the wagons were v/v and any analysis was gonna be marginal at best

    speaking of which, if you wanna call hammy and i w/w and accuse me of masterminding some grand scheme to get him derpcleared, that's your prerogative; in the meantime i'll be over here trying to figure out which deity i pissed off to get stripped of my ability to get townread, and how i can get back in their good graces
  47. Replies
    785
    Views
    5,022

    Completed i have been asking you questions (speaking of...

    Quote Originally Posted by Javelinlover (#547)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#545)
    Quote Originally Posted by Javelinlover (#541)
    amy in your three what do you think the most likely pairs are? like ranked from 1 to 3
    ssr/ara is the least likely world of the 3, as i just detailed; still working on exactly where i stand between you/ara and you/ssr

    i recognize that you asked me about what i dislike in your posts and i've been somewhat dancing around it; that's largely because i've been trying to figure out how to word it most properly. i think my biggest thing is that i'm feeling somewhat of a lack of continuity/macro gamesense from your posts, and i think you'd be able to more effectively visualize the Bigger Picture as a villager.
    why not push harder on me then if i am the common thread between the two more likely pairs? i feel like you are just lightly scumreading me for some vague reason like you don’t like my posts and aren’t really pushing hard on me even tho i am your strongest scumread rn? like the current people scum reading me are you and len mostly and len also did the same vague don’t like my posts bs without telling me what you don’t like so i can explain my thought process

    wrt discontinuity of posts thing i always post immediately after reading the thread basically and just posting a tldr of my thoughts cos i really don’t have time to do anything more than that. however i think i give good citations as to where my feelings change usually, not with specific post counts but i have been saying like key phrases from various posts and explaining why those change my reads and i don’t get what you don’t like about that.

    i’m not quite sure what i am supposed to be doing here to be not scumread and at this point i think my most productive option is just to die because then you can read off my flip lmao
    i have been asking you questions (speaking of which, i dropped you a bunch last night and you never replied) and am currently voting you; am not sure what else you mean by pushing if not that? my issue with your posts isn't on micro level $%#!, it's broader overall process things that are harder to elicit a direct response from, hence why i've been trying to gauge your mindset in other areas instead

    i don't have any issue with you posting your thoughts in snap take format but it feels like you... don't consider the larger implications of your reads, at all. especially with this me/ssr thing, i just. i don't understand how you think that's a viable team? like i KNOW you know how to read a gamestate, you're damn good at eimm, i would expect you to be on the lookout for when people look like they're working together and when they obviously aren't. the fact that all your wolfreads exist in a vacuum is a red flag to me

    the best thing you can do to help me find you as town is to A. answer my questions lol and B. just continue to play the game, post your thoughts, shore up your reads on other people, generally show me that you're looking for the wolves.

    i'm probably done for the night, wanna hold posts for tomorrow (especially since i'll be getting my 2nd shot and won't really have anything better to do beyond that)
  48. Replies
    785
    Views
    5,022

    Completed p sure hammy townslipped in p#508 see the...

    Quote Originally Posted by Secondhand Revenant (#543)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#540)
    Quote Originally Posted by Secondhand Revenant (#532)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#525)
    there are literally 3 slots that i'm suspicious of? in a game with 2 wolves alive? and i'm currently looking into the overlap between possible wolfteams, because i don't really see partners for ara OR ssr outside of jav; certainly i don't think they're partnered with each other

    when i clear you/hammy/len, which i feel pretty comfortable doing, the game turns into a teambuilding exercise
    Mmm. I guess it's mainly you pulling Ara back in to consideration when you really had no suspicion on her prior that I can recall?
    it's unironically your fault that i've got ara in my PoE LOL

    You getting salty at Ara over forcing the claim plan got me thinking about the plan in general - trying to figure out "would town or wolf ara be more likely to propose this", and I honestly think the answer is wolf Ara. Additionally, I'm fully cognizant of the fact that my reasons to townread Ara aren't the world's strongest - certainly they're weaker than my reasoning on Hammy and Len - so after you claimed she was kinda already in my bottom 3 by default, meaning if I don't think it's exactly jav/ssr she becomes the next one up.

    Thinking about it more I kinda come up with more reasons to dislike the claim post. Her coming out with it halfway through the day could go either way but I don't think it's great, mostly because I kinda don't see what motivates v!Ara to feel like she has to post it there; feel like it's something v!Ara would have considered overnight, if anything. I think what I'm REALLY starting to dislike is the fact that she forced the plan through. Think v!Ara at least tries to hear feedback or opens the floor for discussion - but her claiming vt off the bat forces the plan and she knows it. Do not like.

    I am somewhat curious to hear your take on teambuilding wrt those 3, especially if you think my approach is flawed here.
    Tbh I'm at a mess of a position where only Len is someone I'd never consider here

    Very worried that Hammy is being super performative here with his deductions etc. It all feels very dramatic and feel more in the presentation that the content and it feels like I'm being sold something.

    Ara's *posts* feel good, but that claim thing as much as I'm side eying you for it given I'm not fully comfortable with you atm is a strong point and I'm worried I tried to overlook irritation at the forced claim too much and gave it too much leeway. If it weren't for that I'd just thinks he was town right below Len, off way she's been handled and also her posts today

    Jav feels like she's drowning in not enough time and insufficient attention in thread. She doesn't ever feel good but also idk what to expect of town jav and I can just imagine potential wolf jav a lot better in my head so I think I can keep seeing potential wolf motives in her.

    And SSR just doesn't exist enough though yeah I'm feeling the possibility for him


    In other words, I lack any clarity on the game at all aside from Len town
    p sure hammy townslipped in p#508

    see the first section of p#523
  49. Replies
    785
    Views
    5,022

    Completed ssr/ara is the least likely world of the 3, as i...

    Quote Originally Posted by Javelinlover (#541)
    amy in your three what do you think the most likely pairs are? like ranked from 1 to 3
    ssr/ara is the least likely world of the 3, as i just detailed; still working on exactly where i stand between you/ara and you/ssr

    i recognize that you asked me about what i dislike in your posts and i've been somewhat dancing around it; that's largely because i've been trying to figure out how to word it most properly. i think my biggest thing is that i'm feeling somewhat of a lack of continuity/macro gamesense from your posts, and i think you'd be able to more effectively visualize the Bigger Picture as a villager.
  50. Replies
    785
    Views
    5,022

    Completed ...maybe i'm wrong to too quickly discount an...

    ...maybe i'm wrong to too quickly discount an Ara/SSR world?

    The thread was stagnant on me/SSR wagons, and Ara didn't leave herself a ton of room to reasonably swap onto me; if she's a wolf feeling cornered by that, this could potentially be her hail mary to realign things away from that.

    The counterargument there is that if jav winds up being the vig it's kinda catastrophic, cause then I triple down on SSR and SR is still on the brink of joining me. I think it's MORE likely that Ara does this to secure an already-favorable thread position than to try to salvage a lost one, especially because I don't think anyone was really linking her to SSR at all and she could probably just shut up and bus him and try to go deep.

    yeah ok i talked myself out of it, ara/ssr probably just isn't viable
Results 1 to 50 of 161
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
about us
Mafia Universe is a community hub for people who enjoy playing the forum variant of Mafia (also known as Werewolf). We offer fully automated Mafia games and a wide variety of customized features crafted to optimize your game experience. We also proudly host the Internet's only database of Mafia/Werewolf communities.

We hope you stick around!
Role of the Day
Fabricator

The Fabricator may each night pass out a fake Bulletproof vest (1-shot immunity against a nightkill) or a fake gun (1-shot day vigilante shot) to another player in the game. If someone fires their fake gun, the shooter will die instead. The fake vest will not protect the player who received it.