Search:

Type: Posts; User: Arby

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 0.00 seconds.

  1. Replies
    12
    Views
    991

    Sign-Up hi

  2. Day 1#195

    Thread: Modified Execution

    by Arby
    Replies
    1,534
    Views
    15,441

    Completed Yes it was? You're acting like people can't...

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderz (#192)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arby (#190)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderz (#182)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arby (#156)
    initial beeboy posts are completely NAI. It's just a random meme post and I don't think looking back at game history is really going to matter to check if he's done it before.

    I don't think he's trying to pull the same shounen shtick to appear townie either as Derz mentioned. Scum would rather try to look townie by making posts and contributing than just making a meme post and disappearing to emulate a past game where they were town. NAI.

    That's all I'm gonna say on the beeboy stuff until he comments further. Onto Litt and Derz now
    Imagine being disingenuously contrarian
    what does this even mean..
    It means you are being contrarian for the sake of looking like you have an original take which is disingenuous because the beeboy post was quite literally not NAI
    Yes it was? You're acting like people can't change from prior games. Was your 'finally I'm town' post at the start alignment indicative too then?
  3. Day 1#193

    Thread: Modified Execution

    by Arby
    Replies
    1,534
    Views
    15,441

    Completed Sorry for never having come across it before. I...

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderz (#189)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arby (#184)
    A "Straw man" argument (also called "setting up a straw man") involves mischaracterizing your opponent's position in order to present a weaker argument than they have actually given, thereby allowing you to defeat it. It usually involves subtle changes to the given facts of the matter, or minor changes to wording that lead to semantic differences in what is said.

    Also, "Strawmanning" involves taking a small piece of the case someone has built up that is weaker than their other points and blowing it up. They can then defeat the weaker point and use that as 'proof' that everything that person has said is wrong.
    I don't want to shame you or anything but strawman is kinda simple terminology that isn't even limited to mafia so I mean yah
    Sorry for never having come across it before. I also don't think its simple terminology, but thats just me ig
  4. Day 1#190

    Thread: Modified Execution

    by Arby
    Replies
    1,534
    Views
    15,441

    Completed what does this even mean..

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderz (#182)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arby (#156)
    initial beeboy posts are completely NAI. It's just a random meme post and I don't think looking back at game history is really going to matter to check if he's done it before.

    I don't think he's trying to pull the same shounen shtick to appear townie either as Derz mentioned. Scum would rather try to look townie by making posts and contributing than just making a meme post and disappearing to emulate a past game where they were town. NAI.

    That's all I'm gonna say on the beeboy stuff until he comments further. Onto Litt and Derz now
    Imagine being disingenuously contrarian
    what does this even mean..
  5. Day 1#187

    Thread: Modified Execution

    by Arby
    Replies
    1,534
    Views
    15,441

    Completed yeah, I guess that's on my end on using NAI. Use...

    yeah, I guess that's on my end on using NAI. Use it in chat based mafia as well, so I suppose its become habit whereas I've never even heard of strawman before.

    I did try to Google and I still didn't understand how it applied to this context. Apologies for my terrible reading comprehension.
  6. Day 1#184

    Thread: Modified Execution

    by Arby
    Replies
    1,534
    Views
    15,441

    Completed A "Straw man" argument (also called "setting up a...

    A "Straw man" argument (also called "setting up a straw man") involves mischaracterizing your opponent's position in order to present a weaker argument than they have actually given, thereby allowing you to defeat it. It usually involves subtle changes to the given facts of the matter, or minor changes to wording that lead to semantic differences in what is said.

    Also, "Strawmanning" involves taking a small piece of the case someone has built up that is weaker than their other points and blowing it up. They can then defeat the weaker point and use that as 'proof' that everything that person has said is wrong.
  7. Day 1#162

    Thread: Modified Execution

    by Arby
    Replies
    1,534
    Views
    15,441

    Completed if this is referencing me, just fixed a type on...

    Quote Originally Posted by Schiavetto (#158)
    @OM Room - Hi, clarity on how we should regard edited posts?
    if this is referencing me, just fixed a type on rereading, I'll try to refrain
  8. Day 1#156

    Thread: Modified Execution

    by Arby
    Replies
    1,534
    Views
    15,441

    Completed initial beeboy posts are completely NAI. It's...

    initial beeboy posts are completely NAI. It's just a random meme post and I don't think looking back at game history is really going to matter to check if he's done it before.

    I don't think he's trying to pull the same shounen shtick to appear townie either as Derz mentioned. Scum would rather try to look townie by making posts and contributing than just making a meme post and disappearing to emulate a past game where they were town. NAI.

    That's all I'm gonna say on the beeboy stuff until he comments further. Onto Litt and Derz now
  9. Day 1#155

    Thread: Modified Execution

    by Arby
    Replies
    1,534
    Views
    15,441

    Completed Read back through the game as far and will make...

    Read back through the game as far and will make comments here and there, but would want to make an open request here:

    Is it really necessary to use buzzwords like 'strawman'. It makes reading a lot more challenging for me especially because I don't play forum mafia that often. I'm sure there are substitutes that could be used that would just as well express the meaning of what you're trying to say. Using buzzwords just leads to people misinterpreting what you're trying to say which helps no-one and is frankly a disingenuous thing to do.

    I'm not targeting anyone and this isn't a read, but just a frank request. Please don't say gOoGlE It either. That's just a cheap excuse for not doing something that will make the game clearer for everyone.

    Sorry, just was a bit annoyed
  10. Day 1#133

    Thread: Modified Execution

    by Arby
    Replies
    1,534
    Views
    15,441

    Completed gm. will be here in about 2 hours. have a...

    gm.

    will be here in about 2 hours.

    have a lovely day
  11. Day 1#19

    Thread: Modified Execution

    by Arby
    Replies
    1,534
    Views
    15,441

    Completed I would, but Lana is a hatecrime against me

    Quote Originally Posted by Schiavetto (#14)
    I would, but Lana is a hatecrime against me
  12. Day 1#18

    Thread: Modified Execution

    by Arby
    Replies
    1,534
    Views
    15,441

    Completed wait why isnt tbz in the game... we were robbed...

    wait why isnt tbz in the game...
    we were robbed of a 3 day win :[
  13. #10

    Thread: Modified Execution

    by Arby
    Replies
    11
    Views
    747

    Sign-Up sure in

  14. Replies
    4,014
    Views
    57,435

    Completed digging @schia admittedly have not read...

    digging

    @schia admittedly have not read majority of either of their interactions today.

    Also 6 min oop
  15. Replies
    4,014
    Views
    57,435

    Completed I can either Empower or Ability Motivate....

    Quote Originally Posted by Transmuter (#2030)
    @Arby wanna claim what exactly you gave me? unless you dont wanna out it but it seems harmless idk
    I can either Empower or Ability Motivate. Motivated you last night
  16. Replies
    4,014
    Views
    57,435

    Completed digging Is this what I’m supposed to do? ...

    digging

    Is this what I’m supposed to do?

    Apologise for the inactivity. Work has picked up and I didn’t expect my time to be this taken up. I’ll sub if I anticipate not being able to participate fully
  17. Replies
    4,014
    Views
    57,435

    Completed Anyways, I still TR SR and Litt and today's stuff...

    Anyways, I still TR SR and Litt and today's stuff just further cements that. Idk what to make of Ren's stuff but I think I'd rather get on PTSD or Tenz for now.

    ##Vote Utsuho Reiuji]

    am interested in hearing from tenzhii atm bc of the track
  18. Replies
    4,014
    Views
    57,435

    Completed also not me checking every page looking forward...

    also not me checking every page looking forward to this Spiderz case on me and it never appearing
  19. Replies
    4,014
    Views
    57,435

    Completed oops sorry random Sam person, Transmuter

    oops sorry random Sam person, @Transmuter
  20. Replies
    4,014
    Views
    57,435

    Completed Hi alright sami, I hope you're still awake. I'm...

    Hi alright @sami, I hope you're still awake. I'm pretty sure the additional result you're talking about is from me, not tenzhii
  21. Replies
    4,014
    Views
    57,435

    Completed hi frens, been a busy 24 hrs but I intend to read...

    hi frens, been a busy 24 hrs but I intend to read and comment tn.
  22. Replies
    4,014
    Views
    57,435

    Completed [QUOTE=floooood;5151632] Because other people...

    [QUOTE=floooood;5151632]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#1327)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arby (#1322)
    Appreciate the insight on the beeboy vote.

    Tbh, I would kind of like a PTSD vote. I noticed much of what Amy flagged in her last vote regarding PTSD but assumed he was towned by too many people to gain traction.

    With that said,

    [UV]Mistyx[/UV]

    Beeboy is still better than Misty atp
    why does the bolded matter?
    Because other people were sharing my Misty read at the time and I’d rather be on a wagon that ensures one of my scumreads die than have neither of them die by being on the vanity read.
  23. Replies
    4,014
    Views
    57,435

    Completed Also @Schia ik you pinged me re the floood/litt...

    Also @Schia ik you pinged me re the floood/litt interaction, don’t have the capability of making a full fledged post tonight, but I do think the Litt/Floood dynamic bears some resemblance to us in Lich
  24. Replies
    4,014
    Views
    57,435

    Completed PassTheSaltDude

    ##Vote PassTheSaltDude
  25. Replies
    4,014
    Views
    57,435

    Completed Mistyx This was an elaborate plan to up my...

    ##Unvote Mistyx

    This was an elaborate plan to up my post count, definitely not me flopping at commands
  26. Replies
    4,014
    Views
    57,435

    Completed [UNV]Mistyx[UNV]

    [UNV]Mistyx[UNV]
  27. Replies
    4,014
    Views
    57,435

    Completed Appreciate the insight on the beeboy vote. ...

    Appreciate the insight on the beeboy vote.

    Tbh, I would kind of like a PTSD vote. I noticed much of what Amy flagged in her last vote regarding PTSD but assumed he was towned by too many people to gain traction.

    With that said,

    [UV]Mistyx[/UV]

    Beeboy is still better than Misty atp
  28. Replies
    4,014
    Views
    57,435

    Completed Is the beeboy vote based on anything other than...

    Is the beeboy vote based on anything other than him talking?

    I’m considering getting off Misty because they’ve been much more involved, but genuinely dk what the beeboy vote is based on
  29. Replies
    4,014
    Views
    57,435

    Completed Honestly, Litt just seems really out of it rn...

    Honestly, Litt just seems really out of it rn based on his current posts like he’s being very aggressive for no reason.

    Idk if this changes my read on him yet but for now I’d rather vote my sl.

    ##Vote Mistyx
  30. Replies
    4,014
    Views
    57,435

    Completed this feels less superficial, ty lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by PassTheSaltDude (#849)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaif (#842)
    Quote Originally Posted by PassTheSaltDude (#836)
    1- We didn’t need Flood and Litt arguing for 50 hours to know that they are both town.
    This is dismissive as $%#!. How is litt town? Why do you think litt is town rather? Why do you think scorr is town?

    Sorry I should’ve been more clear.

    Reading that interaction it felt more like 2 town arguing about small details, rather than S V T or any narrative like that.

    I said this early game, and I still believe that this is Town!Litt as they seem to be playing the way they have been as town, + a lot of their posts just give that certain Litt vibe that no other post can. (I’ll try and quote some in a bit)

    As for Scorrch their stuff+ arguing with litt about that, feels like a normal town mindset scorrch.

    And these two slots that I TR primarily on post games and gut feelings, arguing about little details, feels really weird to me when there is a whole different game going on around them.
    this feels less superficial, ty lol.
  31. Replies
    4,014
    Views
    57,435

    Completed man why is everything PTSD is saying coming...

    man why is everything PTSD is saying coming across as superficial to me, someone help
  32. Replies
    4,014
    Views
    57,435

    Completed I honestly read the post as Amy scumreading me...

    I honestly read the post as Amy scumreading me and trying to decide whether Litt's push on floood was indicative of him being my partner. I think the 3 vote wagon comment was just Amy coming up with a reason for why Litt wouldn't start a push to save me at that time given it was still early.

    Idk if y'all read it the same way though, I dont think its that deep tbh
  33. Replies
    4,014
    Views
    57,435

    Completed OM Room pls work

    ##Unvote OM Room

    pls work
  34. Replies
    4,014
    Views
    57,435

    Completed [unv]OM Room[unv]

    [unv]OM Room[unv]
  35. Replies
    4,014
    Views
    57,435

    Completed thanks for following up on this, sorry if it...

    Quote Originally Posted by YOLOSWAG (#739)
    @Arby

    If you’re village

    We just want to see more independent thought/solving from you. If you’re town you’re hard to find cuz you’re playing on your backfoot and getting sucked into this dynamic where you’re defending all the time

    I ask again, what are your reads?
    thanks for following up on this, sorry if it seems like I'm defending all the time but I don't have a lot of time to be online and want to address things asap before making any posts of my own

    Reads:

    [Pretty Sure Town from what I've read]
    Sami - TR as stated several times before, has not changed.
    Spiderz - TR - tone read so far but I really liked his posts a few hours ago and him reading on most of the gamethread.
    OM - TR - commented on this prior
    Litt - TR - commented on this prior
    Kaif - I echo others that Kaif just seems town to me lol. His interaction with SR and PTSD where he just stubbornly pushed his reads appeared town to me. I also liked how he was scumreading SR despite noone else sharing the same read, and that independent thinking comes off as town to me.
    SR: I just really like how he's involving himself in almost every interaction the game and trying to understand people's motivations. Solid Townread there.

    [More Likely Town than not]:

    flooood - his interaction with Litt appeared town to me. He had really aggressive replies to Litt's post and I think that came from a town POV who was mad at being scumread for what he considered a bs argument.
    Amy - like that she commented on the floood/litt and sr/kaif stuff. Dislike that all her posts do feel surface level like others have said

    [Weird Vibes]
    PTSD - I did not like the interaction with Kaif at all. It just seemed like fake exasperation to me when he was asking Kaif why he sr SR. I didn't like that the interaction amounted to PTSD calling him town!kaif then as well. If you know that town!kaif plays like this, why try and be so aggressive about it. PTSD and I have the same town reads, and they seemed to come from a town PoV which is why I don't scumread him yet.

    Misty - same reasons as most players - distancing from gamestate and not really pushing, rather taking a backseat.

    Everyone else I have no read on yet
  36. Replies
    4,014
    Views
    57,435

    Completed I didn't say that at all. I don't think...

    Quote Originally Posted by OM Room (#740)
    Quote Originally Posted by OM Room (#735)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arby (#729)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderz (#646)
    No thoughts on your wagon?
    I think SR is the only one who's really engaged with me at all to genuinely have a reason to vote me. He at least took time to question me on my blurb vote and then make a decision about his vote which seems townlike to me.

    Misty is on me for unknown reasons but it seems she's just agreeing with what others say and following suit. I don't know if she has a case on me at all.

    Amy is fixated on #p216 (idk how to do this) and really didn't engage with the approximately 15 replies I posted explaining that vote. I'm not sure if she's just on me for pressure or if she has a genuine read on me, but I wish she would elaborate it a bit more, so I could engage with it.
    Amy called all those posts backpedaling though?

    I feel like you definitely have something to work with there
    Like, I'm not sure if you're trying to minimize the reasonings for people being on you to make your wagon seem like bad logic from all three but, like, half of what you said there is, like, blatantly miscontruing?
    I didn't say that at all.

    I don't think reducing 15 posts to just 'backpedaling' gives me a lot to work with. I don't think Misty actively is pushing for me at all, rather choosing to take a backseat.

    I'm tired of this topic though
  37. Replies
    4,014
    Views
    57,435

    Completed Sorry but it never came off as a push to me lol....

    Quote Originally Posted by Mistyx (#731)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arby (#729)
    Misty is on me for unknown reasons but it seems she's just agreeing with what others say and following suit. I don't know if she has a case on me at all.
    this is like

    a blatant lie lol

    i was the first one pushing you
    Sorry but it never came off as a push to me lol. Especially during the SR/me interaction, I felt you took a backseat and just made a few comments here and there to try and engage with it. I don't think being first on my vote means anything when it doesn't feel like you've been leading it ifywim. I don't think you've engaged with it after that as well.
  38. Replies
    4,014
    Views
    57,435

    Completed I think SR is the only one who's really engaged...

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderz (#646)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arby (#644)
    Won’t be able to talk until at least 12 hrs. If you want me to address anything, just lmk
    No thoughts on your wagon?
    I think SR is the only one who's really engaged with me at all to genuinely have a reason to vote me. He at least took time to question me on my blurb vote and then make a decision about his vote which seems townlike to me.

    Misty is on me for unknown reasons but it seems she's just agreeing with what others say and following suit. I don't know if she has a case on me at all.

    Amy is fixated on #p216 (idk how to do this) and really didn't engage with the approximately 15 replies I posted explaining that vote. I'm not sure if she's just on me for pressure or if she has a genuine read on me, but I wish she would elaborate it a bit more, so I could engage with it.
  39. Replies
    4,014
    Views
    57,435

    Completed I'm sorry but this has too many buzzwords for me...

    Quote Originally Posted by LittEleven (#612)
    re: arby i've had a decent bit of writer's block and like, idk what to say

    played into his policy meta a bit more than i remembered

    not unlikely to be a wolf tmi-ing both wagons so i'll retract that line of logic
    that being said
    om vote less sense from his pov as a wolf
    it makes more sense as a villager skimming

    but fail to see anyone who arby's playing around as a wolf
    wolf hivemind would not advise arby to vote om here is what I'm thinking

    hopefully he like posts himself clear if he's a villa otherwise like @Arby this is a callout
    I'm sorry but this has too many buzzwords for me to properly understand. What are you calling me out on?

    Quote Originally Posted by LittEleven (#613)
    there's a decent amount of hypocrisy in like, how Arby responds (#343 where he calls om's play distinctly bad;#216 where he literally unlurks to vote blurb then lurks)
    I don't know if that's really AI though

    it doesn't speak to his slot's alignment in any fashion
    just reduces credibility
    I don't appreciate how me being busy is being reduced to lurking here. I tend to come on to post updates so people know I'm not lurking by choice. I feel this complete subverts that.

    OM randomly calling 3 people scum d1 was poor play imo. His sr on you and Sami was disingenious. I've moved past it due to him having much better posts later in the day
  40. Replies
    4,014
    Views
    57,435

    Completed was bc I disliked how he read the Litt/Sami 2...

    Quote Originally Posted by Mistyx (#370)
    why is om being pushed

    i say this being fairly certain i understood and didn't hate the reasons earlier
    was bc I disliked how he read the Litt/Sami 2 post interaction as partner bussing. I can't see it that way at all though it might be because I relate to Sami's inexperience in the game and I think I understand his PoV in making the read.

    Quote Originally Posted by OM Room (#376)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arby (#360)
    ##Vote OM Room
    Genuine huh

    How is progressing gamestate scummy to you
    It was fine that you progressed gamestate. I just didn't like you scum-reading them over something that screamed town to me. It seemed like an overblown push with no merit.

    Quote Originally Posted by OM Room (#383)
    Quote Originally Posted by Secondhand Revenant (#380)
    Quote Originally Posted by OM Room (#378)
    Quote Originally Posted by Secondhand Revenant (#377)
    Mixed feelings now on seeing that loaded question
    Is that not literally what he said
    I mean, not all things that continue the game are towny? He's complaining about you nitpicking it which sounds more like a matter of how vs just that you had content and you're reducing it to 'OM generated content early' more or less
    Ya bc I do this like every town game I figured he'd be In The Know by now
    I've literally played one game of forum mafia with you. I don't read forum games either. Wrt to the poor playing, it was from a scum pov, I think scum don't randomly go off at Litt/Sami like that and draw attention to themselves. This coupled with the Misty/SR interaction means I'd like to

    [uv]OM Room[/uv]
  41. Replies
    4,014
    Views
    57,435

    Completed Is there a way that posting replies doesnt take...

    Is there a way that posting replies doesnt take you back to the last page, this is annoying
  42. Replies
    4,014
    Views
    57,435

    Completed Elaborate please, I see it at nai though I've...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#302)
    i think p#101 is a town beeboy post
    Elaborate please, I see it at nai though I've never played w beeboy so I assume its playermeta-esque?
  43. Replies
    4,014
    Views
    57,435

    Completed Hi, have abt an hour so decided to jump on.

    Hi, have abt an hour so decided to jump on.
  44. Replies
    4,014
    Views
    57,435

    Completed Won’t be able to talk until at least 12 hrs. If...

    Won’t be able to talk until at least 12 hrs. If you want me to address anything, just lmk
  45. Replies
    4,014
    Views
    57,435

    Completed mhm, appreciated it. Wish we got a bit more, but...

    Quote Originally Posted by Secondhand Revenant (#365)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arby (#364)
    if he opens the thread, he speaks and we get a reaction from him.

    if he doesn't open the thread, he dies and we lose someone not of value.

    TLDR of my rationale.
    Did you look at his second post?
    mhm, appreciated it. Wish we got a bit more, but its enough for me atp.

    Wrt to my above post, it was at the time of me voting blurb, so he had only made his trolly first post by then
  46. Replies
    4,014
    Views
    57,435

    Completed if he opens the thread, he speaks and we get a...

    if he opens the thread, he speaks and we get a reaction from him.

    if he doesn't open the thread, he dies and we lose someone not of value.

    TLDR of my rationale.
  47. Replies
    4,014
    Views
    57,435

    Completed gn all, still have page 6-7 to comment on but...

    gn all, still have page 6-7 to comment on but will look at it later
  48. Replies
    4,014
    Views
    57,435

    Completed OM Room

    ##Vote OM Room
  49. Replies
    4,014
    Views
    57,435

    Completed genuinely can't answer this properly because...

    Quote Originally Posted by YOLOSWAG (#348)
    arby

    what are your reads overall boyo
    genuinely can't answer this properly because haven't individually looked at 17 people lmao.

    Like I said, I don't like providing reads without reasoning and I'm heading to bed soon. Since you asked though, I do TR Litt and Sami and SL OM atp. The reasoning can be inferred from my above posts. Everyone else will have to wait until tomorrow, please do follow up with me on this though
  50. Replies
    4,014
    Views
    57,435

    Completed at the time, I'm pretty sure there were 4 on him...

    Quote Originally Posted by Secondhand Revenant (#350)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arby (#344)
    Quote Originally Posted by Secondhand Revenant (#342)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arby (#341)
    I don't know if its different for forum mafia but typically putting pressure on someone forces them to at least speak up when lurking in chat. I'd rather have attention on the player rather than thepost

    I do feel we're going too in-depth over a vote I made just because of past negative experiences with blurb though. I'm open to other votes but during a time when I had no other reads, it seemed like a no loss scenario for me.
    I mean, the focus is on the stuff you're saying rn to me. No one's gonna really care about blurb having one contentless post this early into a 3 day phase, much less if you consider some other players atm. There's nothing to discuss or do with his one post, so I'm asking what did you actually expect people to do about him? At most they could vote him
    People are voting TBZ for kind of the same reason though imo? Part of it is a meme, but I do think some people genuinely want to pressure him into talking.

    I guess I'd have been p okay with people voting blurb and getting him to speak, primarily if the other two options were Litt or Sami.
    If you read the votes they're both pretty clearly memes. What makes you think they exist to make him talk?
    at the time, I'm pretty sure there were 4 on him tbh. Isn't the general idea of an RVS wagon to develop pressure and get the person to talk? They're meant to bait reactions no?

    At least, that's what I'm perceiving this to be.

    Is
Results 1 to 50 of 68
Page 1 of 2 1 2
about us
Mafia Universe is a community hub for people who enjoy playing the forum variant of Mafia (also known as Werewolf). We offer fully automated Mafia games and a wide variety of customized features crafted to optimize your game experience. We also proudly host the Internet's only database of Mafia/Werewolf communities.

We hope you stick around!
Role of the Day
Voodoo Lady

The Voodoo Lady may each night target a player and choose a 4+ letter word. If the chosen target posts the word the next day, there is a 50% chance that they will immediately die. If the target survives the first 50/50, they will be immune to the Voodoo Lady's effect for the remainder of the day.