Search:

Type: Posts; User: PassTheSaltDude

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 0.00 seconds.

  1. Replies
    4,014
    Views
    22,511

    Completed woo i’m finally back to the comfort of my own...

    woo i’m finally back to the comfort of my own home

    Basically every night I get to guess who I think will die that night. If I get it right I get a one shot version of their role that I get to use the next night. (It’s like EiMM gravedigger but with more steps.)

    N1 I guessed SR

    I was wrong

    (Also I did clarify with host, Guessing doesn’t count as targeting.)
  2. Replies
    4,014
    Views
    22,511

    Completed I’m so sorry i’ve been afk, I meant to play today...

    I’m so sorry i’ve been afk, I meant to play today but I got caught up in a project i’m having to finish, I don’t have enough time to fully reread today, but overall today seems like a lot of mech talk (and i’m not entirely sure how accurate mech talk can be in a CS where there seem to be some really crazy roles(

    Expect a claim from me soon enough (since it looks like majority is on me.)

    I’m sorry again! My inactivity doesn’t come from a lack of motivation, it just comes from an inability to find a meaningful time to sit down and play.
  3. Replies
    4,014
    Views
    22,511

    Completed View Post

    Quote Originally Posted by PassTheSaltDude (#1777)
    I’ve skimmed the game a bit, i’m not entirely certain on the whole role mess that’s happening.

    Ik DL is soon so i’ll try and get stuff sorted before then

    forgot this was 72 hours and not 48

    expect a lot more from me tomorrow and maybe tonight in that case



    Curious as to how damning the stuff on Ren is cause like. I see SR and Litt on them and they seem like the 2 main people involved in that mechanical mess
  4. Replies
    4,014
    Views
    22,511

    Completed I’ve skimmed the game a bit, i’m not entirely...

    I’ve skimmed the game a bit, i’m not entirely certain on the whole role mess that’s happening.

    Ik DL is soon so i’ll try and get stuff sorted before then

    Curious as to how damning the stuff on Ren is cause like. I see SR and Litt on them and they seem like the 2 main people involved in that mechanical mess
  5. Replies
    4,014
    Views
    22,511

    Completed i’m so sorry! I’ve been very busy irl and with...

    i’m so sorry! I’ve been very busy irl and with other games I had a priror commitment to
  6. Replies
    4,014
    Views
    22,511

    Completed also R.I.P game thread, it was nice knowing you....

    also R.I.P game thread, it was nice knowing you.

    I skimmed over the day today and now knowing Litts tracker claim, i’m interested in seeing how that changes D1 a bit knowing that Litt is most likely town (I really don’t think town would’ve claimed like litt did in that situation!)

    and this feels like a heavy town Scorr in my opinion. Countdown finally ended so i’m more confident in saying that, as this scorr feels similar to countdown scorr.
  7. Replies
    4,014
    Views
    22,511

    Completed Litt why is it that everyone town game for me...

    Quote Originally Posted by LittEleven (#1490)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderz (#1482)
    Quote Originally Posted by Schiavetto (#1459)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderz (#1420)
    ##Vote Arby

    For now, I think traction on Arby died for like no reason, I'll look through his iso to see if I'm missing anything, but my main concern rn is the potential that partners may have shifted attention off him by focusing other slots and capitalizing off other bad slots.
    Does Countdown conclusion have any bearing on your Pass read? feelings on Amy aside, I do feel like that case was p damning

    ##Vote PassTheSaltDude

    Like, even past the usual artificial tone (PlasticSaltDude !_!) there's a lot of heft to the whole "reporting reads to make you happy" vs "reporting reads to give thoughts & make game legible" case. Arby ranks over that for you?
    Did amy make a post on PTSD? I think I missed it.

    Wrt to PTSD, nothing really stuck out to me from his initial posting, I have built kind of a threshold with PTSD as of recent because his tone is very naturally scummy to me (I have a history of voting him D1 in games)

    And I actually have not had the chance to really read the thread (From when I left) on my meds, am currently busy as well like I had mentioned but I will probably do the Arby stuff and just a general thread catchup tonight where I could give a read on PTSD hopefully
    may or may not have voted ptsd with you d1 in these games :slight_smile:
    the thread has been screaming derz town for quite a while from reading up
    this kind of seals it for me

    Litt why is it that everyone town game for me goes the same.

    Like the Deja Vu is strong
  8. Replies
    4,014
    Views
    22,511

    Completed wait that’s countdown nvm

    Quote Originally Posted by PassTheSaltDude (#1366)
    Quote Originally Posted by Schiavetto (#1364)
    Will check out Safehouse, as I do think the outdated thing is a fair complaint, but I'm not a fan of the kickback there for a game I Had No Part In
    eye did not bring up safehouse as it is an ongoing game

    wait that’s countdown nvm
  9. Replies
    4,014
    Views
    22,511

    Completed eye did not bring up safehouse as it is an...

    Quote Originally Posted by Schiavetto (#1364)
    Will check out Safehouse, as I do think the outdated thing is a fair complaint, but I'm not a fan of the kickback there for a game I Had No Part In
    eye did not bring up safehouse as it is an ongoing game
  10. Replies
    4,014
    Views
    22,511

    Completed Not really, i’ve said it before but like. I’ve...

    Quote Originally Posted by Secondhand Revenant (#1360)
    Quote Originally Posted by PassTheSaltDude (#1359)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#1343)
    Quote Originally Posted by floooood (#1340)
    Might be a little divisive to say this which is not my intention, but it seems the people who have seen beeboy play want beeboy out and the people who have seen ptsd play want ptsd out.
    there is nothing stopping them from both being wolves

    role PM
    Do you have a stance on bee?
    Not really, i’ve said it before but like. I’ve never played a game with Beeboy so i’d have to take your word on their play style and stuff.

    But looking from just a general perspective, they haven’t spoken in 2 days, and what they have said hasn’t really struck a chord with me, especially since a lot of it was in the early game phase.

    If y’all are confident on a Beeboy SR then that’s fine, but in general (for D1 at least) I think it’s better to pressure and vote active slots that have been getting a lot of attention/ drawing a lot of attention. As their wagons and votes usually give more info when it comes to possible partnerships if they flip scum and possibly wagoners if they flip town.

    And the Beeboy slot doesn’t seem like it gives me (unless y’all are sure it does flip scum)

    I feel like slots like Arby/Mistyx are better votes for today in terms of just how they have been present forces and how it’s easier to engage and interact with those slots
  11. Replies
    4,014
    Views
    22,511

    Completed role PM

    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#1343)
    Quote Originally Posted by floooood (#1340)
    Might be a little divisive to say this which is not my intention, but it seems the people who have seen beeboy play want beeboy out and the people who have seen ptsd play want ptsd out.
    there is nothing stopping them from both being wolves

    role PM
  12. Replies
    4,014
    Views
    22,511

    Completed Oh I didn’t see scorrch already post this

    Quote Originally Posted by floooood (#1336)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#1315)
    kind of thought me reacting so viscerally to ptsd's readslist would get at least one person to engage me on it but i guess i can just scream into the void about what i hate about it

    p#881 - $%#! quoting it it's too long

    For starters, the reason why I asked what PTSD's readslists usually look like: I don't like that this is in alphabetical order. Like, the point of a readslist is to take some level of macro view about the game, to take every player and nail down your feelings on them and to do something with that. When that sorting isn't present, I get antsy. This list looks like he JUST cared about answering the question posed to him; someone asks for a readslist, he runs down the playerlist doing the bare minimum in response and doesn't put a ton of deeper thought into it. There are some minor worldbuilding elements in there, but I dislike how they're presented - more on that in a sec.

    I could just be nitpicking at a playstyle thing. Maybe he always does em like this, hence me asking about it. Other things, though:

    It's hedgy. It's so, so hedgy. From what I can tell, there are 3 firm reads on the entire list - Kaif, SR, Sami. Everything else is in the format of "well, I think they're X, but they could be why" in a way that's really commitment-averse.

    The actual content of the reads is... lacking. He claims I've posted walls he likes, but like. Where have I posted a wall yet this game lol (besides this one, I mean). The Beeboy and Blurb reads are way too many words to say "this person is not playing the game." The OM read is not enough words given that I think OM has been one of the more present slots in the game in terms of producing content and interactions. Most of these reads in general are just... really thin, and it's kinda masked by the length of the post and the amount of overexplanation done.

    The only concessions to macro-level gamestate made are these weird links between me/Arby and flood/litt. Flood/Litt makes a lot of sense as two slots to link, obviously... but as far as I can tell, PTSD's reads on those slots is entirely dependent on each other, and both slots have produced plenty of readable content independent of each other. As for me/Arby, I'm not even sure how PTSD arrived at linking us 2, because he never explains it beyond "my reads on those 2 are sort of inverse and could flip depending on how the rest of the day goes". Like. What the $%#! does that even mean tho

    tl;dr
    - feels manufactured in response to a question rather than like genuine thinking
    - reads are thin, overexplainy, noncommittal
    - slots he chooses to read off each other are either overrelied on or unexplained

    would vote, but Tonight Beeboy Dies.
    https://ps-mafia.proboards.com/threa...scrollTo=80377Town!PTSD here posting reads in order of the players listed by the host (not alphabetical, but I think it's by order of signup or something nai), so the fact that it is alphabetical isn't really odd here. Really agree with the commitment-averse description of PTSD's reads as a scum tell.

    Oh I didn’t see scorrch already post this
  13. Replies
    4,014
    Views
    22,511

    Completed i’ve been saying this all game!!! Nothing...

    Quote Originally Posted by Transmuter (#1352)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistyx (#1349)
    i think flood/litt are both town ngl
    I can see this, or at least i dont get why one of them has to be wolf

    i’ve been saying this all game!!!

    Nothing about Litt V Scorr directly reads as SvT to me. It more reads as two town players caught up in their own metas
  14. Replies
    4,014
    Views
    22,511

    Completed Amy kind of already touched on it, but I don’t...

    Quote Originally Posted by Arby (#1322)
    Appreciate the insight on the beeboy vote.

    Tbh, I would kind of like a PTSD vote. I noticed much of what Amy flagged in her last vote regarding PTSD but assumed he was towned by too many people to gain traction.

    With that said,

    [UV]Mistyx[/UV]

    Beeboy is still better than Misty atp

    Amy kind of already touched on it, but I don’t like the sentiment of “Pass was townread so I didn’t want to push them” Players aren’t gonna push themselves, and sometimes it’s up to you to be the person to convince others to vote with you and vote your scumread.

    I don’t like how it reads because it makes it feel like you waiting for someone else to case me, so you didn’t have to do the work yourself, and it feels like a super lazy thing to do.

    this also gives me deja vu to earlier this game when you only really voted OM after the OM read gained a lot of traction.

    I haven’t really seen any unique content from you this game, and that’s really off putting. And it gives me the sense that you are just trying to hide behind big town players while doing the bare minimum and hoping that you get away with doing almost nothing original.
  15. Replies
    4,014
    Views
    22,511

    Completed I really really dislike this, because both Town...

    Quote Originally Posted by Schiavetto (#1335)
    Switched to mobile

    @Amy

    https://ps-mafia.proboards.com/post/67904/thread Pass Town Game

    https://ps-mafia.proboards.com/post/76580/thread Pass Scum Game

    https://ps-mafia.proboards.com/post/69536/thread Pass Town Game

    I think a lot of that checks out - even w the forced depth, Idt I've ever seen pass that pressed to pad things out like that
    ##Vote PassTheSaltDude
    I really really dislike this, because both Town games schia linked of mine are 1 year old at this point, and I like to imagine that i’ve changed a ton in that time frame

    https://ps-mafia.proboards.com/threa...ehouse?page=38

    imo that’s a better example of a more recent town game of mine. And it also kind of shows that that’s just how I do my read list most of the time, I generally do it because it’s easier to organize thoughts on go slot by slot when having a more linear structure where I can just look at the PL and say my thoughts slot by slot.

    i’m really not a fan of schia picking outdated examples for my old town games here if i’m being honest
  16. Replies
    4,014
    Views
    22,511

    Completed I feel like there’s either 1 or 0. I don’t really...

    Quote Originally Posted by floooood (#1110)
    Quote Originally Posted by PassTheSaltDude (#1099)
    Sorry it’s my fault for saying it in a confusing way.

    With the four slots on you, and you that is 5 slots. I do not believe that all 5 of those slots is town because I don’t think 4 town players would all be on a town player. I townread SR/Sami/Kaif, they aren’t conf town but i’m confident in their towniness. And my brain is at the point where it’s trying to figure out if it’s all 4 town on scum, or if it’s 3 town and 1 scum on town and the member of scum is trying to push the wagon.

    + Good town can make mistakes, and i’d rather not hedge all my bets on SR being a good town player because

    A- Theres always the chance they could just be a super good scum player as well.

    B- It doesn’t matter how good you are, you can make mistakes (See example a recent game where a very great and prominent town player made a scum core of 3 and all 3 ended up town)
    In a vacuum, I think it is very possible for 4 town players to misvote another townie.
    Do you believe there is exactly 1 wolf in that pool?
    I feel like there’s either 1 or 0. I don’t really Think Mistyx is being bussed if mistyx is scum because nothing really reads like a bus to me and Zeeps vote doesn’t give me bussing vibes. But I also don’t think there’s 2 scum voting Mistyx together.

    I 100% see your POV when it comes to it, more than anything i’m just getting heavy flashbacks to Safehouse with PKQ. And it feels like a pattern emerging. It’s not something that i’m gonna tunnel the entire day, especially with the Arby/Litt slots seeking to become more prominent.
  17. Replies
    4,014
    Views
    22,511

    Completed Do you have a response to any other part of that...

    Quote Originally Posted by Mistyx (#1096)
    Quote Originally Posted by PassTheSaltDude (#1093)
    + Gutread (I technically didn’t say vibes)
    do i have permission to vig this slot
    Do you have a response to any other part of that post? Or did you just ask me those questions so you could ignore them?
  18. Replies
    4,014
    Views
    22,511

    Completed Sorry it’s my fault for saying it in a confusing...

    Quote Originally Posted by Mistyx (#1094)
    Quote Originally Posted by PassTheSaltDude (#1089)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistyx (#1082)
    Quote Originally Posted by PassTheSaltDude (#1079)
    (Or at least I don’t see a world where very good/ competent town players are on a town player. And SR seems like a competent member of town)
    what does this have to do with zeep

    also can you answer the question i pinged you with
    That specific quote doesn’t. The thing with Zeep is that they haven’t done anything to particularly strike me as a townie slot and their vote on you felt the weakest/ most artificial. So in the scenario where there is 1 wolf on your wagon (assuming you are not a wolf) I feel like it’s most likely to be Zeep.

    Also i’ve played like 10 forum games maybe (maybe more, probably not any less) But I don’t see how experience really sells you on my slot? I get the question of experience when it comes to Sami who opened the game acting inexperienced and newer to this, but i’ve never really done anything to use inexperience as a crutch (mainly because i’m not inexperienced, i’m just egotistical and am bad at mafia)
    it had to do w/ the random conviction on SR earlier and sami now

    ig what im asking is like

    if you think it cant be four townies on me unless they're bad

    and you think SR isn't bad and town

    why is your conclusion not just "there is a good townie pushing mist, therefore mist is scum"

    Sorry it’s my fault for saying it in a confusing way.

    With the four slots on you, and you that is 5 slots. I do not believe that all 5 of those slots is town because I don’t think 4 town players would all be on a town player. I townread SR/Sami/Kaif, they aren’t conf town but i’m confident in their towniness. And my brain is at the point where it’s trying to figure out if it’s all 4 town on scum, or if it’s 3 town and 1 scum on town and the member of scum is trying to push the wagon.

    + Good town can make mistakes, and i’d rather not hedge all my bets on SR being a good town player because

    A- Theres always the chance they could just be a super good scum player as well.

    B- It doesn’t matter how good you are, you can make mistakes (See example a recent game where a very great and prominent town player made a scum core of 3 and all 3 ended up town)
  19. Replies
    4,014
    Views
    22,511

    Completed In reality I don’t mean vanity as the commonly...

    Quote Originally Posted by LittEleven (#1088)
    Quote Originally Posted by PassTheSaltDude (#1084)
    Quote Originally Posted by LittEleven (#1031)
    Quote Originally Posted by Transmuter (#1025)
    if you're town you wouldn't worry about something being used against you and would want to try your best to help people to read your slot
    i appreciate this heartfelt concern i feel the need to reward this

    ##Vote Transmuter
    As much as I absolutely despise this vote (Like this is a yikes from me chief) I don’t see Scum!Litt doing it.

    As in like- The vote on Sami feels so outrageous and it definitely stands out and draws attention to Litt. And I have enough confidence in Litts general knowledge of mafia, to assume that a scum litt would know how bad voting Sami is for them.

    Since the Vote on Sami not only requires Litt to make a bunch of casing since it’s a slot that hasn’t really been scumread. It also means Litt is getting the spotlight on them and the backlash from everyone who townreads Sami.

    I think the vote is dumb as hell and absolutely horrendous, but it seems more like a vanity thing from Litt. And I don’t see a world where scum would vote Sami instead of like Mistyx or Arby in this situation
    (this is not vanity or a play, i genuinely do believe this slot is possible scum, no erasure)
    In reality I don’t mean vanity as the commonly used mafia buzzword (because I don’t know buzzwords and Indont actually know what vanity means)

    I mean vanity in the fact that your read is excessive in pride, and in admiration of the reads appearance
  20. Replies
    4,014
    Views
    22,511

    Completed I really like the tone of a lot of their posts,...

    Quote Originally Posted by Mistyx (#1087)
    Quote Originally Posted by PassTheSaltDude (#1084)
    Quote Originally Posted by LittEleven (#1031)
    Quote Originally Posted by Transmuter (#1025)
    if you're town you wouldn't worry about something being used against you and would want to try your best to help people to read your slot
    i appreciate this heartfelt concern i feel the need to reward this

    ##Vote Transmuter
    As much as I absolutely despise this vote (Like this is a yikes from me chief) I don’t see Scum!Litt doing it.

    As in like- The vote on Sami feels so outrageous and it definitely stands out and draws attention to Litt. And I have enough confidence in Litts general knowledge of mafia, to assume that a scum litt would know how bad voting Sami is for them.

    Since the Vote on Sami not only requires Litt to make a bunch of casing since it’s a slot that hasn’t really been scumread. It also means Litt is getting the spotlight on them and the backlash from everyone who townreads Sami.

    I think the vote is dumb as hell and absolutely horrendous, but it seems more like a vanity thing from Litt. And I don’t see a world where scum would vote Sami instead of like Mistyx or Arby in this situation
    why are you even townreading sami

    "vibes" is not a sufficient explanation

    I really like the tone of a lot of their posts, and they’ve given a lot of reads and thoughts on the game. They aren’t exactly super polished or anything (which is to be expected because they mentioned their inexperience to forum mafia) and everything they say just feels super genuine and natural, like none of it is forced.

    + The early push of Sami V Litt being W v T struck a super weird chord with me and I don’t like that idea


    + Gutread (I technically didn’t say vibes)
  21. Replies
    4,014
    Views
    22,511

    Completed That specific quote doesn’t. The thing with Zeep...

    Quote Originally Posted by Mistyx (#1082)
    Quote Originally Posted by PassTheSaltDude (#1079)
    (Or at least I don’t see a world where very good/ competent town players are on a town player. And SR seems like a competent member of town)
    what does this have to do with zeep

    also can you answer the question i pinged you with
    That specific quote doesn’t. The thing with Zeep is that they haven’t done anything to particularly strike me as a townie slot and their vote on you felt the weakest/ most artificial. So in the scenario where there is 1 wolf on your wagon (assuming you are not a wolf) I feel like it’s most likely to be Zeep.

    Also i’ve played like 10 forum games maybe (maybe more, probably not any less) But I don’t see how experience really sells you on my slot? I get the question of experience when it comes to Sami who opened the game acting inexperienced and newer to this, but i’ve never really done anything to use inexperience as a crutch (mainly because i’m not inexperienced, i’m just egotistical and am bad at mafia)
  22. Replies
    4,014
    Views
    22,511

    Completed As much as I absolutely despise this vote (Like...

    Quote Originally Posted by LittEleven (#1031)
    Quote Originally Posted by Transmuter (#1025)
    if you're town you wouldn't worry about something being used against you and would want to try your best to help people to read your slot
    i appreciate this heartfelt concern i feel the need to reward this

    ##Vote Transmuter
    As much as I absolutely despise this vote (Like this is a yikes from me chief) I don’t see Scum!Litt doing it.

    As in like- The vote on Sami feels so outrageous and it definitely stands out and draws attention to Litt. And I have enough confidence in Litts general knowledge of mafia, to assume that a scum litt would know how bad voting Sami is for them.

    Since the Vote on Sami not only requires Litt to make a bunch of casing since it’s a slot that hasn’t really been scumread. It also means Litt is getting the spotlight on them and the backlash from everyone who townreads Sami.

    I think the vote is dumb as hell and absolutely horrendous, but it seems more like a vanity thing from Litt. And I don’t see a world where scum would vote Sami instead of like Mistyx or Arby in this situation
  23. Replies
    4,014
    Views
    22,511

    Completed It’s mainly due to wagon things. Yknow how much I...

    Quote Originally Posted by floooood (#1004)
    Quote Originally Posted by PassTheSaltDude (#881)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaif (#876)
    Quote Originally Posted by PassTheSaltDude (#874)
    It’s a lot of gut feeling like I say, and I just don’t think Litt would respond that way if scum.

    Another big part is that massive push of Litt V Sami being W V T. I didn’t like the amount of traction that idea got so quickly, and it felt like it was scum trying to push an easy narrative.
    can you post a full reads list

    Amy- Whatever is between Null and Town Lean. I have a problem where I Town Read certain slots just because they post a lot of logical things. And this slot has given a good amount of wall posts that seem really logical. I’ve been re-examining the slot after OMs SR on them, but it’s kind of hard to follow OMs logic.

    Arby- Whatever is between Null and a SL. This slot just hasn’t given enough to strike me as a SL yet, but their interaction with SR and how it seemed like SR was setting Arby up for ways to engage with the game, and Arby didn’t really follow through felt weird to me. I still think their OM read was forced and was a product of Arby trying to blend in with the game state.

    ^^^ My reads on Arby and Amy are kind of inverse as you can see, and depending on flips/ how the rest of the day goes, I could honestly see them swapping places

    BeeBoy- This is one of those slots that i’ve had a hard time reading. I just can’t really think of much i’ve seen from them. I’ll Iso them after this read list but they just don’t feel present in this game.

    Blurb- Blurb is like beeboy where they aren’t present to me. But Blurb feels a lot less present and the stuff their slot has said has given us nothing. I don’t think today is the best day to pursue the slot but I do think we need to get this slot to engage more with the game state l.

    Scorr TL with Litt- I’ve given my reasons already on this pair, they can very easily shift/ change depending on how they renter the game and interact with the current game state. But my gut is telling me that these two are town. If I had to pick one being townier over the other, i’d say Scorr > Litt. I’ve seen a lot in common with Scorrs game right now, to his previous town games. whereas I do think Litt this game hasn’t been matching the exact energy of town wallposting and logic that they’ve given previous games, but it hasn’t been to an extreme enough point to where I SL litt for it.

    Kaif- Whatever is in between a TR and a TL I’ve said this before but this is town kaif, i’ve played a game with scum kaif before, and scum kaif just seems to operate really differently where they seem to be really set on the game from the get go. It’s hard to explain and id have to reread our AA game to elaborate on it, but this is not Scum kaif.

    Mistyx- between Null read and SL Their iso feels so unorganized and cluttered. And they give me heavy penguin D vibes in some aspects, idk how experienced Mistyx is nor do I know their meta. But I haven’t seen anything that’s struck a town chord with me with the slot. + The people pushing Mistyx are my TR aside from Zeep

    OM- TL- OM is doing things and i’m proud of him, hes feeing very OM like and I like it.

    Schia- I just want schia to come back, and when Schia comes back i’ll just sheep derz on their read. I’ve never been able to read Schia because they always do those big wall posts and I tr people who do those wall posts because my brain just tells me that scum wouldn’t do that.

    SR- TR- I am thankful for this slot. It’s been engaging slots and using amazing logic, I love how they interacted with Arbys slot and they feel like a driving factor in the current game state.

    Derz- Between Town lean and Null- I didn’t like derz initial entrance with the $%#! post, and I don’t like how much they’ve also been giving a lot of those iconic Derz wall posts that I never bother to read. This is one of those slots that I feel like will be very obvious once we get a flip or two.

    TBZ- Come back, I miss you.

    Sami TR- My gut this entire game has been screaming that Sami is town, and their interactions with Litt honestly feel like TvT with me, especially with how Litt V Sami had been pushed so heavily early game.

    Zeep- Whatever Mistyx isn’t. I feel like one of Zeep or Mistyx is scum for reasons i’ve said a bunch about wagons and stuff. This is another one of those slots that i’ve had a hard time reading and i’d love others inputs on them (mainly people who have played a slot of games with them)

    Yoloswag- Another slot that I can’t really read. Though there seems to be a consensus of them being town, i’ve never played a game with this slot and I feel like i’d need an established meta on this player to read them.
    Explain Zeep/Mistyx as w/t. Individually I can understand your reasonings for reading them, but what makes them different alignment?
    It’s mainly due to wagon things. Yknow how much I like reading people due to wagons, and with the Mistyx wagon there are 4 people on them.

    It’s kind of the same approach like I used in Safehouse.

    I don’t see a world where there are 4 town players on a town player. (Or at least I don’t see a world where very good/ competent town players are on a town player. And SR seems like a competent member of town) So since I TR Kaif/Sami/SR it feels like one of Zeep/Mist flips scum here.

    I hope that clarifies a bit
  24. Replies
    4,014
    Views
    22,511

    Completed Zeep/Mistyx/arby/Amy is my main scumpool/...

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaif (#884)
    Quote Originally Posted by PassTheSaltDude (#882)
    Quote Originally Posted by PassTheSaltDude (#881)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaif (#876)
    can you post a full reads list

    Amy- Whatever is between Null and Town Lean. I have a problem where I Town Read certain slots just because they post a lot of logical things. And this slot has given a good amount of wall posts that seem really logical. I’ve been re-examining the slot after OMs SR on them, but it’s kind of hard to follow OMs logic.

    Arby- Whatever is between Null and a SL. This slot just hasn’t given enough to strike me as a SL yet, but their interaction with SR and how it seemed like SR was setting Arby up for ways to engage with the game, and Arby didn’t really follow through felt weird to me. I still think their OM read was forced and was a product of Arby trying to blend in with the game state.

    ^^^ My reads on Arby and Amy are kind of inverse as you can see, and depending on flips/ how the rest of the day goes, I could honestly see them swapping places

    BeeBoy- This is one of those slots that i’ve had a hard time reading. I just can’t really think of much i’ve seen from them. I’ll Iso them after this read list but they just don’t feel present in this game.

    Blurb- Blurb is like beeboy where they aren’t present to me. But Blurb feels a lot less present and the stuff their slot has said has given us nothing. I don’t think today is the best day to pursue the slot but I do think we need to get this slot to engage more with the game state l.

    Scorr TL with Litt- I’ve given my reasons already on this pair, they can very easily shift/ change depending on how they renter the game and interact with the current game state. But my gut is telling me that these two are town. If I had to pick one being townier over the other, i’d say Scorr > Litt. I’ve seen a lot in common with Scorrs game right now, to his previous town games. whereas I do think Litt this game hasn’t been matching the exact energy of town wallposting and logic that they’ve given previous games, but it hasn’t been to an extreme enough point to where I SL litt for it.

    Kaif- Whatever is in between a TR and a TL I’ve said this before but this is town kaif, i’ve played a game with scum kaif before, and scum kaif just seems to operate really differently where they seem to be really set on the game from the get go. It’s hard to explain and id have to reread our AA game to elaborate on it, but this is not Scum kaif.

    Mistyx- between Null read and SL Their iso feels so unorganized and cluttered. And they give me heavy penguin D vibes in some aspects, idk how experienced Mistyx is nor do I know their meta. But I haven’t seen anything that’s struck a town chord with me with the slot. + The people pushing Mistyx are my TR aside from Zeep

    OM- TL- OM is doing things and i’m proud of him, hes feeing very OM like and I like it.

    Schia- I just want schia to come back, and when Schia comes back i’ll just sheep derz on their read. I’ve never been able to read Schia because they always do those big wall posts and I tr people who do those wall posts because my brain just tells me that scum wouldn’t do that.

    SR- TR- I am thankful for this slot. It’s been engaging slots and using amazing logic, I love how they interacted with Arbys slot and they feel like a driving factor in the current game state.

    Derz- Between Town lean and Null- I didn’t like derz initial entrance with the $%#! post, and I don’t like how much they’ve also been giving a lot of those iconic Derz wall posts that I never bother to read. This is one of those slots that I feel like will be very obvious once we get a flip or two.

    TBZ- Come back, I miss you.

    Sami TR- My gut this entire game has been screaming that Sami is town, and their interactions with Litt honestly feel like TvT with me, especially with how Litt V Sami had been pushed so heavily early game.

    Zeep- Whatever Mistyx isn’t. I feel like one of Zeep or Mistyx is scum for reasons i’ve said a bunch about wagons and stuff. This is another one of those slots that i’ve had a hard time reading and i’d love others inputs on them (mainly people who have played a slot of games with them)

    Yoloswag- Another slot that I can’t really read. Though there seems to be a consensus of them being town, i’ve never played a game with this slot and I feel like i’d need an established meta on this player to read them.


    that took me way too long
    so u read 2 out of 17 people "null or sl" and everyone else is a null or a town.....


    Zeep/Mistyx/arby/Amy

    is my main scumpool/ people I think we should focus on today.

    Schia/BeeBoy/TBZ/Yolo/Blurb- Are slots that either need more activity or slots that I can’t really read.

    Litt/Scorrch have a chance of being scum slots but don’t feel like people we should pursue today as there are better options.

    That’s my TLDR
  25. Replies
    4,014
    Views
    22,511

    Completed that took me way too long

    Quote Originally Posted by PassTheSaltDude (#881)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaif (#876)
    Quote Originally Posted by PassTheSaltDude (#874)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaif (#872)
    none of that is ever alignment indicative, nor have I ever seen a scum litt "take the time to dissect and push x into elaboration"
    It’s a lot of gut feeling like I say, and I just don’t think Litt would respond that way if scum.

    Another big part is that massive push of Litt V Sami being W V T. I didn’t like the amount of traction that idea got so quickly, and it felt like it was scum trying to push an easy narrative.
    can you post a full reads list

    Amy- Whatever is between Null and Town Lean. I have a problem where I Town Read certain slots just because they post a lot of logical things. And this slot has given a good amount of wall posts that seem really logical. I’ve been re-examining the slot after OMs SR on them, but it’s kind of hard to follow OMs logic.

    Arby- Whatever is between Null and a SL. This slot just hasn’t given enough to strike me as a SL yet, but their interaction with SR and how it seemed like SR was setting Arby up for ways to engage with the game, and Arby didn’t really follow through felt weird to me. I still think their OM read was forced and was a product of Arby trying to blend in with the game state.

    ^^^ My reads on Arby and Amy are kind of inverse as you can see, and depending on flips/ how the rest of the day goes, I could honestly see them swapping places

    BeeBoy- This is one of those slots that i’ve had a hard time reading. I just can’t really think of much i’ve seen from them. I’ll Iso them after this read list but they just don’t feel present in this game.

    Blurb- Blurb is like beeboy where they aren’t present to me. But Blurb feels a lot less present and the stuff their slot has said has given us nothing. I don’t think today is the best day to pursue the slot but I do think we need to get this slot to engage more with the game state l.

    Scorr TL with Litt- I’ve given my reasons already on this pair, they can very easily shift/ change depending on how they renter the game and interact with the current game state. But my gut is telling me that these two are town. If I had to pick one being townier over the other, i’d say Scorr > Litt. I’ve seen a lot in common with Scorrs game right now, to his previous town games. whereas I do think Litt this game hasn’t been matching the exact energy of town wallposting and logic that they’ve given previous games, but it hasn’t been to an extreme enough point to where I SL litt for it.

    Kaif- Whatever is in between a TR and a TL I’ve said this before but this is town kaif, i’ve played a game with scum kaif before, and scum kaif just seems to operate really differently where they seem to be really set on the game from the get go. It’s hard to explain and id have to reread our AA game to elaborate on it, but this is not Scum kaif.

    Mistyx- between Null read and SL Their iso feels so unorganized and cluttered. And they give me heavy penguin D vibes in some aspects, idk how experienced Mistyx is nor do I know their meta. But I haven’t seen anything that’s struck a town chord with me with the slot. + The people pushing Mistyx are my TR aside from Zeep

    OM- TL- OM is doing things and i’m proud of him, hes feeing very OM like and I like it.

    Schia- I just want schia to come back, and when Schia comes back i’ll just sheep derz on their read. I’ve never been able to read Schia because they always do those big wall posts and I tr people who do those wall posts because my brain just tells me that scum wouldn’t do that.

    SR- TR- I am thankful for this slot. It’s been engaging slots and using amazing logic, I love how they interacted with Arbys slot and they feel like a driving factor in the current game state.

    Derz- Between Town lean and Null- I didn’t like derz initial entrance with the $%#! post, and I don’t like how much they’ve also been giving a lot of those iconic Derz wall posts that I never bother to read. This is one of those slots that I feel like will be very obvious once we get a flip or two.

    TBZ- Come back, I miss you.

    Sami TR- My gut this entire game has been screaming that Sami is town, and their interactions with Litt honestly feel like TvT with me, especially with how Litt V Sami had been pushed so heavily early game.

    Zeep- Whatever Mistyx isn’t. I feel like one of Zeep or Mistyx is scum for reasons i’ve said a bunch about wagons and stuff. This is another one of those slots that i’ve had a hard time reading and i’d love others inputs on them (mainly people who have played a slot of games with them)

    Yoloswag- Another slot that I can’t really read. Though there seems to be a consensus of them being town, i’ve never played a game with this slot and I feel like i’d need an established meta on this player to read them.


    that took me way too long
  26. Replies
    4,014
    Views
    22,511

    Completed Amy- Whatever is between Null and Town Lean. I...

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaif (#876)
    Quote Originally Posted by PassTheSaltDude (#874)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaif (#872)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaif (#870)
    I don't follow
    none of that is ever alignment indicative, nor have I ever seen a scum litt "take the time to dissect and push x into elaboration"
    It’s a lot of gut feeling like I say, and I just don’t think Litt would respond that way if scum.

    Another big part is that massive push of Litt V Sami being W V T. I didn’t like the amount of traction that idea got so quickly, and it felt like it was scum trying to push an easy narrative.
    can you post a full reads list

    Amy- Whatever is between Null and Town Lean. I have a problem where I Town Read certain slots just because they post a lot of logical things. And this slot has given a good amount of wall posts that seem really logical. I’ve been re-examining the slot after OMs SR on them, but it’s kind of hard to follow OMs logic.

    Arby- Whatever is between Null and a SL. This slot just hasn’t given enough to strike me as a SL yet, but their interaction with SR and how it seemed like SR was setting Arby up for ways to engage with the game, and Arby didn’t really follow through felt weird to me. I still think their OM read was forced and was a product of Arby trying to blend in with the game state.

    ^^^ My reads on Arby and Amy are kind of inverse as you can see, and depending on flips/ how the rest of the day goes, I could honestly see them swapping places

    BeeBoy- This is one of those slots that i’ve had a hard time reading. I just can’t really think of much i’ve seen from them. I’ll Iso them after this read list but they just don’t feel present in this game.

    Blurb- Blurb is like beeboy where they aren’t present to me. But Blurb feels a lot less present and the stuff their slot has said has given us nothing. I don’t think today is the best day to pursue the slot but I do think we need to get this slot to engage more with the game state l.

    Scorr TL with Litt- I’ve given my reasons already on this pair, they can very easily shift/ change depending on how they renter the game and interact with the current game state. But my gut is telling me that these two are town. If I had to pick one being townier over the other, i’d say Scorr > Litt. I’ve seen a lot in common with Scorrs game right now, to his previous town games. whereas I do think Litt this game hasn’t been matching the exact energy of town wallposting and logic that they’ve given previous games, but it hasn’t been to an extreme enough point to where I SL litt for it.

    Kaif- Whatever is in between a TR and a TL I’ve said this before but this is town kaif, i’ve played a game with scum kaif before, and scum kaif just seems to operate really differently where they seem to be really set on the game from the get go. It’s hard to explain and id have to reread our AA game to elaborate on it, but this is not Scum kaif.

    Mistyx- between Null read and SL Their iso feels so unorganized and cluttered. And they give me heavy penguin D vibes in some aspects, idk how experienced Mistyx is nor do I know their meta. But I haven’t seen anything that’s struck a town chord with me with the slot. + The people pushing Mistyx are my TR aside from Zeep

    OM- TL- OM is doing things and i’m proud of him, hes feeing very OM like and I like it.

    Schia- I just want schia to come back, and when Schia comes back i’ll just sheep derz on their read. I’ve never been able to read Schia because they always do those big wall posts and I tr people who do those wall posts because my brain just tells me that scum wouldn’t do that.

    SR- TR- I am thankful for this slot. It’s been engaging slots and using amazing logic, I love how they interacted with Arbys slot and they feel like a driving factor in the current game state.

    Derz- Between Town lean and Null- I didn’t like derz initial entrance with the $%#! post, and I don’t like how much they’ve also been giving a lot of those iconic Derz wall posts that I never bother to read. This is one of those slots that I feel like will be very obvious once we get a flip or two.

    TBZ- Come back, I miss you.

    Sami TR- My gut this entire game has been screaming that Sami is town, and their interactions with Litt honestly feel like TvT with me, especially with how Litt V Sami had been pushed so heavily early game.

    Zeep- Whatever Mistyx isn’t. I feel like one of Zeep or Mistyx is scum for reasons i’ve said a bunch about wagons and stuff. This is another one of those slots that i’ve had a hard time reading and i’d love others inputs on them (mainly people who have played a slot of games with them)

    Yoloswag- Another slot that I can’t really read. Though there seems to be a consensus of them being town, i’ve never played a game with this slot and I feel like i’d need an established meta on this player to read them.
  27. Replies
    4,014
    Views
    22,511

    Completed It’s a lot of gut feeling like I say, and I just...

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaif (#872)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaif (#870)
    Quote Originally Posted by PassTheSaltDude (#865)
    Quote Originally Posted by LittEleven (#148)
    dead thread - blurb probably

    yeah i've been like waiting for someone to follow this up but can't really refute a gut feel; if you do have anything you have doubt over i'm willing to share my headspace if you're worried in any way

    but like i'm always here if you want to talk about any other slots whether you town them or not so that's always an option if you want to continue here while most (?) slots aren't going to be functional
    Something about this early litt post struck a chord with me.

    The “I can’t refute a gut feel” feels like a really town line to me if i’m being honest. Because I feel like a scum litt in that moment would’ve taken the time to dissect it and try push Sami into elaboration.

    And just a lot of the small $%#! posts/ comments lit has been making, feel like very common Town!Litt things.

    I’ll have to reread the slot fully again to break down every post, but a lot of litts stuff just gives me that gut feeling that they are town
    I don't follow
    none of that is ever alignment indicative, nor have I ever seen a scum litt "take the time to dissect and push x into elaboration"
    It’s a lot of gut feeling like I say, and I just don’t think Litt would respond that way if scum.

    Another big part is that massive push of Litt V Sami being W V T. I didn’t like the amount of traction that idea got so quickly, and it felt like it was scum trying to push an easy narrative.
  28. Replies
    4,014
    Views
    22,511

    Completed If i’m being honest it’s less about your...

    Quote Originally Posted by Utsuho Reiuji (#866)
    i cant quote cause i have multiquotes so

    829 im not trying to analyze reads on reads, if your read on amy concerned her read on arby you didnt make that clear at all and i take issue with that.

    how arby plays this game is not my concern atm nor is anyone elses read on him, you made it clear that the read was about the wagon in general so why is this about arby now

    834 what is offputting? now that i think abt it you didnt even answer the question of if you thought the basis of the read was solid or not so if anything im put off by how suddenly you shifted from a read to accusing me of a defense

    836 ok what is scummy abt me

    840 i hope you dont also fall into this pattern

    853 .-. its still not a defense

    taking a break to play ballistic, im still gonna post my amy read when i finish my break
    If i’m being honest it’s less about your scumminess and more about how you aren’t giving me that immediate town feeling like the other 3 slots.

    I don’t think i’ve ever played a game with you before so it’s really hard to try and read your slot. Especially since my brain zones out a lot whenever I read one of your posts (Idk why, but it’s just hard for me to pay attention to certain people.)

    The push on Mistyx on how they got 4 votes relatively quickly, makes me feel like some part of the Mistyx wagon involves scum. and with my current TR it Poes down to you two.
  29. Replies
    4,014
    Views
    22,511

    Completed Something about this early litt post struck a...

    Quote Originally Posted by LittEleven (#148)
    Quote Originally Posted by Transmuter (#146)
    my 1 read this game so far is that Im sus of Litt lol. this sounds bad cause he just responded to me but idk the vibe I got reading through the thread when I woke up was that he was sus, tho i didnt want to post about it yet cause Im not sure why I think that. if anyone that can actually play mafia has any reads supporting or against what im thinking lmk.
    dead thread - blurb probably

    yeah i've been like waiting for someone to follow this up but can't really refute a gut feel; if you do have anything you have doubt over i'm willing to share my headspace if you're worried in any way

    but like i'm always here if you want to talk about any other slots whether you town them or not so that's always an option if you want to continue here while most (?) slots aren't going to be functional
    Something about this early litt post struck a chord with me.

    The “I can’t refute a gut feel” feels like a really town line to me if i’m being honest. Because I feel like a scum litt in that moment would’ve taken the time to dissect it and try push Sami into elaboration.

    And just a lot of the small $%#! posts/ comments lit has been making, feel like very common Town!Litt things.

    I’ll have to reread the slot fully again to break down every post, but a lot of litts stuff just gives me that gut feeling that they are town
  30. Replies
    4,014
    Views
    22,511

    Completed what 3? I feel like Mistyx issue is a lot of...

    Quote Originally Posted by OM Room (#850)
    Quote Originally Posted by OM Room (#847)
    Quote Originally Posted by PassTheSaltDude (#836)
    Also some quick thoughts I got from reading what happened when I was asleep.

    1- We didn’t need Flood and Litt arguing for 50 hours to know that they are both town.

    2- OM is doing great eye am proud of him. I don’t agree with his read on amy, but I also appreciate the fact that he has an original read that he is pushing.

    3- I am a huge fan of reading wagons and basing thoughts on voting patterns. And the fact that 3 of the votes on Mistyx contain some of my strongest TR makes me more included to believe that Mistyx is a scummy slot/ Zeep (I think that’s who the other person is. Correct me if i’m wrong) is a scum slot. TLDR: There’s probably one scum aspect of the Mistyx wagon and I don’t think it’s SR-Kaif-Sami
    Y do u think Litt Is Town
    WHAT are your thoughts on mistyx's iso

    WHO out of the 3 do u think is scum
    what 3?

    I feel like Mistyx issue is a lot of nothing + a lot of them asking questions that they don’t end up pursuing.

    It’s the same thing I have with a slot like Penguin. Where they ask a ton of meaningless questions. Or where they ask a meaningful question and then don’t do anything with their response.
  31. Replies
    4,014
    Views
    22,511

    Completed Sorry I should’ve been more clear. Reading...

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaif (#842)
    Quote Originally Posted by PassTheSaltDude (#836)
    1- We didn’t need Flood and Litt arguing for 50 hours to know that they are both town.
    This is dismissive as $%#!. How is litt town? Why do you think litt is town rather? Why do you think scorr is town?

    Sorry I should’ve been more clear.

    Reading that interaction it felt more like 2 town arguing about small details, rather than S V T or any narrative like that.

    I said this early game, and I still believe that this is Town!Litt as they seem to be playing the way they have been as town, + a lot of their posts just give that certain Litt vibe that no other post can. (I’ll try and quote some in a bit)

    As for Scorrch their stuff+ arguing with litt about that, feels like a normal town mindset scorrch.

    And these two slots that I TR primarily on post games and gut feelings, arguing about little details, feels really weird to me when there is a whole different game going on around them.
  32. Replies
    4,014
    Views
    22,511

    Completed it reminds me of 4 hours ago with Litt and Scorr...

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaif (#835)
    wow guys I am not enjoying om and spiderz arguing about 0. anyone else?

    it reminds me of 4 hours ago with Litt and Scorr argued about 0

    I’m loving the pattern of normally productive PSers arguing about nothing instead of focusing on more important more prominent issues!
  33. Replies
    4,014
    Views
    22,511

    Completed Also some quick thoughts I got from reading what...

    Also some quick thoughts I got from reading what happened when I was asleep.

    1- We didn’t need Flood and Litt arguing for 50 hours to know that they are both town.

    2- OM is doing great eye am proud of him. I don’t agree with his read on amy, but I also appreciate the fact that he has an original read that he is pushing.

    3- I am a huge fan of reading wagons and basing thoughts on voting patterns. And the fact that 3 of the votes on Mistyx contain some of my strongest TR makes me more included to believe that Mistyx is a scummy slot/ Zeep (I think that’s who the other person is. Correct me if i’m wrong) is a scum slot. TLDR: There’s probably one scum aspect of the Mistyx wagon and I don’t think it’s SR-Kaif-Sami
  34. Replies
    4,014
    Views
    22,511

    Completed This game is actually just EIMM in the since that...

    Quote Originally Posted by Secondhand Revenant (#828)
    Quote Originally Posted by Utsuho Reiuji (#827)
    very quickly for transparency im gonna say, im using my night action on om

    some notes

    - its not lethal

    - its not investigative

    - its not a block
    Omg I can't believe tommy put a cult into this game

    This game is actually just EIMM in the since that everyone is a unique scum role, except you. You are the only town.

    (I am Red Goo)
  35. Replies
    4,014
    Views
    22,511

    Completed sorry *Normal Tunneling

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaif (#539)
    Quote Originally Posted by PassTheSaltDude (#538)
    Quote Originally Posted by Secondhand Revenant (#533)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaif (#531)
    I would be annoyed if blurb had to be my scumpartner in forum too.
    I'm just gonna put you as a wolf and ignore you because at best you're gonna be an anti town tunneler
    the sad part is that this is probably town!kaif

    scum kaif is definitely smarter than to throw out really random reads and death tunnel someone.

    Town Kaif gives 0 $%#!s and will do whatever he wants because he can.

    I agree that the kaif slot is not something that’s worth to pursue rn as it will only make the game 10x as stressful, but I think it’s important to not completely disregard the slot and label them as wolf
    I'm not deathtunneling anyone


    sorry

    *Normal Tunneling
  36. Replies
    4,014
    Views
    22,511

    Completed the sad part is that this is probably town!kaif ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Secondhand Revenant (#533)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaif (#531)
    Quote Originally Posted by Secondhand Revenant (#529)
    Quote Originally Posted by OM Room (#528)
    You're doing great

    Let them figure out blurbs alignment
    Tbh feel like I'm spending too much time on a 2 poster anyways and maybe I should let people who know him more argue it out, its just kind of annoying lol
    I would be annoyed if blurb had to be my scumpartner in forum too.
    I'm just gonna put you as a wolf and ignore you because at best you're gonna be an anti town tunneler
    the sad part is that this is probably town!kaif

    scum kaif is definitely smarter than to throw out really random reads and death tunnel someone.

    Town Kaif gives 0 $%#!s and will do whatever he wants because he can.

    I agree that the kaif slot is not something that’s worth to pursue rn as it will only make the game 10x as stressful, but I think it’s important to not completely disregard the slot and label them as wolf
  37. Replies
    4,014
    Views
    22,511

    Completed I just figured that out, it’s under the “about...

    Quote Originally Posted by OM Room (#445)
    Quote Originally Posted by PassTheSaltDude (#442)
    ##Unvote OM Room

    Just found out how to unvote
    Thinking about how I asked spiderz how to add the flags and he made fun of me

    I just figured that out, it’s under the “about me” section of your own profile
  38. Replies
    4,014
    Views
    22,511

    Completed Ok so your point against SR is “SR is doing...

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaif (#438)
    Quote Originally Posted by PassTheSaltDude (#434)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaif (#425)
    Quote Originally Posted by Secondhand Revenant (#419)
    What are you preempting lmao
    that u r scum and ppl will tr u as they do not believe that scum can make logical posts

    What is scummy about SR here though?

    Like of course scum can make logical posts, but SR’s logic also feels town motivated. They feel like they are trying to actively push scummy slots while still trying to have good interactions and give these slots a chance to elaborate.
    scum can do all of these things so ur post at its core is 0.

    Ok so your point against SR is “SR is doing townie things but scum can do townie things”

    SO WHAT THE (Censored word because MU is weird) MAKES WHAT SR IS DOING SCUMMY?

    You are infuriating because you seem very confident and sure of your reads, yet they are based on 0 F***ing logic. And if there is logic please for the love of god share it.

    Otherwise it feels like you are scumreading town players because you can
  39. Replies
    4,014
    Views
    22,511

    Completed OM Room Just found out how to unvote

    ##Unvote OM Room

    Just found out how to unvote
  40. Replies
    4,014
    Views
    22,511

    Completed What is scummy about SR here though? Like of...

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaif (#425)
    Quote Originally Posted by Secondhand Revenant (#419)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaif (#416)
    oh btw in the words of a wise man scum can make logical posts too
    What are you preempting lmao
    that u r scum and ppl will tr u as they do not believe that scum can make logical posts

    What is scummy about SR here though?

    Like of course scum can make logical posts, but SR’s logic also feels town motivated. They feel like they are trying to actively push scummy slots while still trying to have good interactions and give these slots a chance to elaborate.
  41. Replies
    4,014
    Views
    22,511

    Completed This was the OM post that just struck a town...

    Quote Originally Posted by OM Room (#192)
    Quote Originally Posted by Transmuter (#190)
    Quote Originally Posted by OM Room (#187)
    Quote Originally Posted by Transmuter (#146)
    my 1 read this game so far is that Im sus of Litt lol. this sounds bad cause he just responded to me but idk the vibe I got reading through the thread when I woke up was that he was sus, tho i didnt want to post about it yet cause Im not sure why I think that. if anyone that can actually play mafia has any reads supporting or against what im thinking lmk.
    Starts off with a gut read against litt, and the read itself seems fine. but the issue I have with the post is how it opens the floor to others - it's feels like Sami's shading litt here w/o any actual reasoning behind what he's doing - hoping we'd fill in the blanks for him.

    Furthermore, we get to litt's counterpost here:

    Quote Originally Posted by LittEleven (#148)
    dead thread - blurb probably

    yeah i've been like waiting for someone to follow this up but can't really refute a gut feel; if you do have anything you have doubt over i'm willing to share my headspace if you're worried in any way

    but like i'm always here if you want to talk about any other slots whether you town them or not so that's always an option if you want to continue here while most (?) slots aren't going to be functional
    and this just feels like a really bad distancing attempt from the both of them? Like, it feels like litt is acknowledging the scumread and trying to work it out in like, the most disingenuine way possible, where he knows he won't actually have to do anything because it's partner-esque
    yes I was hoping you'd fill in the blanks for me cause my read sucks, I said this much myself. it was just a gut read and Im leaning more towards the more experienced players here.

    Ya but like, this just doesn't really cut it? I know you have mafia experience (in chat at least) and forums is like, chat mafia but slower. As a player I want your takes on stuff, not you hiding behind other players so you can low-effort the game and coast (which is a more scum-indicative mindset than town-indicative)
    This was the OM post that just struck a town chord with me btw.

    Especially the second half of this post, it feels like it’s coming from a genuine town place of wanting a certain slot to just do more.
  42. Replies
    4,014
    Views
    22,511

    Completed thinking about how this took me so long to do,...

    Quote Originally Posted by PassTheSaltDude (#382)
    I had a full thing typed up but it deleted when I was trying to find out if you can unvote people/ if you can what the command for it is.

    So the TLDR: I reread the game thread a bunch, and the OM slot feels very redeemable and stuff, they just need to post more (A certain OM post that I will quote after this post, really seemed like a town OM post just because it felt natural and had common sense. I feel like scum OM usually tends to just pop into the game enough to be active and says a little bit of nothing to where he doesn’t do anything to progress the game forward. And as long as like between now and day end, OM feels engaged with the game/ is making good reads, I feel confident in putting OM in my TR list.

    And on that contrary Arbys slot just feels really forced to me atm, nothing coming from that slot feels natural, and their push on OM gives me a really icky feeling that I cannot explain, but I really don’t like it. + I really like SR interactions with arby, as I get town vibes from SR throughout with trying to actively engage with the Arby slot.


    thinking about how this took me so long to do, that by the point it was finally finished the OM slot came back and is doing exactly what I wanted it to do
  43. Replies
    4,014
    Views
    22,511

    Completed I had a full thing typed up but it deleted when I...

    I had a full thing typed up but it deleted when I was trying to find out if you can unvote people/ if you can what the command for it is.

    So the TLDR: I reread the game thread a bunch, and the OM slot feels very redeemable and stuff, they just need to post more (A certain OM post that I will quote after this post, really seemed like a town OM post just because it felt natural and had common sense. I feel like scum OM usually tends to just pop into the game enough to be active and says a little bit of nothing to where he doesn’t do anything to progress the game forward. And as long as like between now and day end, OM feels engaged with the game/ is making good reads, I feel confident in putting OM in my TR list.

    And on that contrary Arbys slot just feels really forced to me atm, nothing coming from that slot feels natural, and their push on OM gives me a really icky feeling that I cannot explain, but I really don’t like it. + I really like SR interactions with arby, as I get town vibes from SR throughout with trying to actively engage with the Arby slot.
  44. Replies
    4,014
    Views
    22,511

    Completed but every game i’ve tunneled you, you flipped...

    Quote Originally Posted by OM Room (#184)
    Quote Originally Posted by PassTheSaltDude (#181)
    Quote Originally Posted by PassTheSaltDude (#177)
    Quote Originally Posted by LittEleven (#171)
    quoting as reference to a later post
    like it because it shares my feeling of 'sami is experienced he's faking lack of knowledge for whatever reason' which is why said post was made

    kaif's entrance is a villager entrance and i'm weirdly confident in saying so

    kaif's opening is not AI, (playstyle, has done this as different factions, can get someone in the know to +1 this but yeah)

    Also Amy's litt read is probably right I hate that reaction to sami

    in the words of the post it's a "thin early toneread" and it's in a vacuum
    did you mindmeld the fact it's a toneread + strength of the toneread? if not would like to hear where you stand there atm

    Well tbh I could see it as w/w too

    intrigued but need a follow up on what you meant

    #1- I don’t see anything to big about Sami leaning into the whole “Hi i’m new and inexperienced” thing, as long as that isn’t a running gag/ as long as Sami starts playing the game, I have no real problem seeing that as just another person trying to make a certain impression in their opening.

    #2- As far as Litt goes, they haven’t really said anything that’s set off alarm bells in my head, which usually happens with a scum!Litteleven19. I also think Litt is proven to be a slot that resolves themselves easily (as in its fairly easy to sense when Litt is trying to lead town and when Litt fully isn’t)

    3- Maybe it’s the Paranoia that’s been haunting me for every game, but I don’t really like OMs recent posts. It gives me the vibe of low effort scum that OM can give off a lot of time when he is scum. (Also it wouldn’t be a game of mafia if my one gut read wasn’t just a huge SR on OM)
    To elaborate a bit more on 2/3 (Since I just woke up and my brain has a lot of thoughts but it’s hard to articulate them )

    #2.5- Nothing about Litts interaction with Sami has really given me the sense that Litt is the one making it forced + Every line Litt has said their, just feels like a very Litt line. Usually Litts play style seems to just be following the one thread of logic and trying to play the game logically. And when responding to Sami’s gut read with a “I can’t dispute a gut read” it definitely feels like a very logic based Litt line.

    #3.5- OMs most recent posts (minus RVS) feel just like echoes of what Amy said - any explanation at all. The one line we do get from OM is “I hate that reaction to Sami” (in reference to Litts reaction) but he doesn’t go in depth/ really talk about what he doesn’t like about the reaction or how it compares to past Litt games.

    TLDR: Litt + Sami is a lie by the government to sell you more merchandising, and OM is the government that should be taken down ##Vote OM Room
    Stop tunneling me every game $%#! off
    but every game i’ve tunneled you, you flipped scum.

    Are you telling me not to vote scum?
  45. Replies
    4,014
    Views
    22,511

    Completed To elaborate a bit more on 2/3 (Since I just woke...

    Quote Originally Posted by PassTheSaltDude (#177)
    Quote Originally Posted by LittEleven (#171)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#153)
    sami and litt's exchange earlier was super awkward in a way that makes me think one of them could very easily be a wolf trying too hard to be nonchalant

    if it were modconfirmed that there was at least 1 wolf in the pair i'd say it's litt 9 times out of 10. think i'm more willing to attribute sami's to "how tf do i play mafia"-ness, though i dislike how heavily he's leaning on it

    don't think it's ever a w/w play they go for this early, don't think it's necessarily outside the realm of possibility that it's v/v

    thin early toneread but it beats randvoting

    ##Vote LittEleven
    quoting as reference to a later post
    like it because it shares my feeling of 'sami is experienced he's faking lack of knowledge for whatever reason' which is why said post was made

    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#154)
    kaif's entrance is a villager entrance and i'm weirdly confident in saying so
    kaif's opening is not AI, (playstyle, has done this as different factions, can get someone in the know to +1 this but yeah)

    Quote Originally Posted by OM Room (#167)
    Also Amy's litt read is probably right I hate that reaction to sami
    in the words of the post it's a "thin early toneread" and it's in a vacuum
    did you mindmeld the fact it's a toneread + strength of the toneread? if not would like to hear where you stand there atm

    Quote Originally Posted by OM Room (#168)
    Well tbh I could see it as w/w too
    intrigued but need a follow up on what you meant

    #1- I don’t see anything to big about Sami leaning into the whole “Hi i’m new and inexperienced” thing, as long as that isn’t a running gag/ as long as Sami starts playing the game, I have no real problem seeing that as just another person trying to make a certain impression in their opening.

    #2- As far as Litt goes, they haven’t really said anything that’s set off alarm bells in my head, which usually happens with a scum!Litteleven19. I also think Litt is proven to be a slot that resolves themselves easily (as in its fairly easy to sense when Litt is trying to lead town and when Litt fully isn’t)

    3- Maybe it’s the Paranoia that’s been haunting me for every game, but I don’t really like OMs recent posts. It gives me the vibe of low effort scum that OM can give off a lot of time when he is scum. (Also it wouldn’t be a game of mafia if my one gut read wasn’t just a huge SR on OM)
    To elaborate a bit more on 2/3 (Since I just woke up and my brain has a lot of thoughts but it’s hard to articulate them )

    #2.5- Nothing about Litts interaction with Sami has really given me the sense that Litt is the one making it forced + Every line Litt has said their, just feels like a very Litt line. Usually Litts play style seems to just be following the one thread of logic and trying to play the game logically. And when responding to Sami’s gut read with a “I can’t dispute a gut read” it definitely feels like a very logic based Litt line.

    #3.5- OMs most recent posts (minus RVS) feel just like echoes of what Amy said - any explanation at all. The one line we do get from OM is “I hate that reaction to Sami” (in reference to Litts reaction) but he doesn’t go in depth/ really talk about what he doesn’t like about the reaction or how it compares to past Litt games.

    TLDR: Litt + Sami is a lie by the government to sell you more merchandising, and OM is the government that should be taken down ##Vote OM Room
  46. Replies
    4,014
    Views
    22,511

    Completed #1- I don’t see anything to big about Sami...

    Quote Originally Posted by LittEleven (#171)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#153)
    sami and litt's exchange earlier was super awkward in a way that makes me think one of them could very easily be a wolf trying too hard to be nonchalant

    if it were modconfirmed that there was at least 1 wolf in the pair i'd say it's litt 9 times out of 10. think i'm more willing to attribute sami's to "how tf do i play mafia"-ness, though i dislike how heavily he's leaning on it

    don't think it's ever a w/w play they go for this early, don't think it's necessarily outside the realm of possibility that it's v/v

    thin early toneread but it beats randvoting

    ##Vote LittEleven
    quoting as reference to a later post
    like it because it shares my feeling of 'sami is experienced he's faking lack of knowledge for whatever reason' which is why said post was made

    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#154)
    kaif's entrance is a villager entrance and i'm weirdly confident in saying so
    kaif's opening is not AI, (playstyle, has done this as different factions, can get someone in the know to +1 this but yeah)

    Quote Originally Posted by OM Room (#167)
    Also Amy's litt read is probably right I hate that reaction to sami
    in the words of the post it's a "thin early toneread" and it's in a vacuum
    did you mindmeld the fact it's a toneread + strength of the toneread? if not would like to hear where you stand there atm

    Quote Originally Posted by OM Room (#168)
    Well tbh I could see it as w/w too
    intrigued but need a follow up on what you meant

    #1- I don’t see anything to big about Sami leaning into the whole “Hi i’m new and inexperienced” thing, as long as that isn’t a running gag/ as long as Sami starts playing the game, I have no real problem seeing that as just another person trying to make a certain impression in their opening.

    #2- As far as Litt goes, they haven’t really said anything that’s set off alarm bells in my head, which usually happens with a scum!Litteleven19. I also think Litt is proven to be a slot that resolves themselves easily (as in its fairly easy to sense when Litt is trying to lead town and when Litt fully isn’t)

    3- Maybe it’s the Paranoia that’s been haunting me for every game, but I don’t really like OMs recent posts. It gives me the vibe of low effort scum that OM can give off a lot of time when he is scum. (Also it wouldn’t be a game of mafia if my one gut read wasn’t just a huge SR on OM)
  47. Replies
    4,014
    Views
    22,511

    Completed That makes sense, I didn’t really want to get...

    Quote Originally Posted by beeboy (#115)
    Quote Originally Posted by PassTheSaltDude (#104)
    If I name change to anything it will be like some dumb billy joel reference. Like “I started the fire” or “downtown dude” maybe “Keyboard woman”.

    Also to add on about the post count maximum, I like it because it encourages people to be wise about what they post and it discourages a bunch of one liner $%#!posting/ fake activity. But I also dislike it because whenever a game of mafia starts I spend 90% of day 1 $%#!posting and the last 10% townleading. But this game has all the town leaders from PS and probably players who are actually good at this game from other places, so my main goal is to just try and keep up/ not get confused by all of the wordy phrases i don’t understand
    PTSD I'll be real, as someone who hits 200 posts in games at times.
    It's like really not a hard number to not within while still being useless.

    This is literally like a rule targeted at like that 1-2 players in each game that half the thread is mad at.
    That makes sense, I didn’t really want to get hung up in it too much anyways! Though it’s good to know the baseline for it.

    Anyways I haven’t said this before, but i’m really excited to be playing with this group. It should be really fun (I forgot to say it earlier so i’m putting it here)
  48. Replies
    4,014
    Views
    22,511

    Completed The day is 72 hours long. The post cap limit...

    The day is 72 hours long.

    The post cap limit is 200

    it’s definitely a lot to hit, but it feels like something that is doable (especially considering that in my last game a certain user hit 200 posts in probably 24 hours)
  49. Replies
    4,014
    Views
    22,511

    Completed If I name change to anything it will be like some...

    If I name change to anything it will be like some dumb billy joel reference. Like “I started the fire” or “downtown dude” maybe “Keyboard woman”.

    Also to add on about the post count maximum, I like it because it encourages people to be wise about what they post and it discourages a bunch of one liner $%#!posting/ fake activity. But I also dislike it because whenever a game of mafia starts I spend 90% of day 1 $%#!posting and the last 10% townleading. But this game has all the town leaders from PS and probably players who are actually good at this game from other places, so my main goal is to just try and keep up/ not get confused by all of the wordy phrases i don’t understand
  50. Replies
    4,014
    Views
    22,511

    Completed I’m sussing litt for this one. They mentioned...

    I’m sussing litt for this one.

    They mentioned that Spiderz formed this vote from the sodium chloride of their soul.

    As many people can figure out, I am a notable sodium chloride enthusiast.

    This is litts way of subtly trying to partner people together. And I for one will not stand for it.
Results 1 to 50 of 53
Page 1 of 2 1 2
about us
Mafia Universe is a community hub for people who enjoy playing the forum variant of Mafia (also known as Werewolf). We offer fully automated Mafia games and a wide variety of customized features crafted to optimize your game experience. We also proudly host the Internet's only database of Mafia/Werewolf communities.

We hope you stick around!
Role of the Day
Super Backup

The Super Backup automatically inherits the abilities of all dead players of the same alignment. However, the Super Backup is limited to using one ability per night.