Search:

Type: Posts; User: DoctorZeus

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 0.03 seconds.

  1. Replies
    1,354
    Views
    9,580

    Completed Wolves played kinda perfect tbh.

    Wolves played kinda perfect tbh.
  2. Replies
    1,354
    Views
    9,580

    Completed Ha there was a post d1 where you said "dz doing a...

    Quote Originally Posted by hollowkatt (#1339)
    also doctorzeus, never guessed you were VT with a vest lol
    Ha there was a post d1 where you said "dz doing a great job of trying to get nk'd" which is why I guessed you knew.


    Well played bianca & tgt.
  3. Replies
    1,354
    Views
    9,580

    Completed Im going to a wedding now. I'm not really gunna...

    Im going to a wedding now. I'm not really gunna have any presence all day other than the likelihood of drunken ramblings and photos.

    Ciao, and good gaming with you IAWY if we lose you!
  4. Replies
    1,354
    Views
    9,580

    Completed This is a good summary and broadly where I am (on...

    Quote Originally Posted by Inawordyes (#1267)
    Last thoughts

    There is one mafia in Dyson/Bianca via mutually-exclusive overnight claimed role actions

    There is one mafia in Zeus/Iron/TGT/HK by default as the remainder

    Legacy reads:

    Town

    Hollowkat - this dude is lock-town never-mafia, straight-up. Since the start of the day, he and I have constantly and consistently had the same thoughts, the same ideas, the same pushes, we’ve both independently pushed on the similar lines of logic at the same time, we’ve collectively done the overall largest amount of solving today and have been the most consistently active in the thread doing so. Outside of a very strong well-played powerwolfing attempt, HK can never be mafia here

    DoctorZeus - Zeus has been a dominating presence since D1, but has done the most alongside us and Laurentus D1 to solve the game. That inofitself doesn’t make him town, but he has consistently followed through with his solving meta as established early D1, and has pushed through with logical-enough progressions on pretty much everyone, including myself. Despite this, he is willing to go through all the options and evaluate worldstates even if he doesn’t consider them the true ones, all of which are very townie traits

    Neutral/PoE

    TheGoldenTyranno - D1 I read TGT as strong town based on tonal tells, over a very specific set of posts, and I was far from the only person to townread TGT for the same reason for that same exact progression, with a good chunk of the thread also throwing a townread at TGT for it D1. However, besides that, TGT has barely done anything in this game, especially so today. I personally consider tone townreads to be a strong reason not to consider chopping someone D1, but if all you’ve got going for you D2 and on is that toneread, that’s not a good enough reason to consider you over others. And TGT had a decent-enough D1 but was already starting to show cracks by mid-day, and today he has dropped off severely and is not doing anything to help solve this game. I still see some merit in the toneread, but I will not be here to do anything with that, so I don’t particularly care, and if TGT is town and just dropped off the face of the earth, that’s really his own here

    Iron_Dwarf - I also thought Iron was town early, but his ISO did not hold up at all under scrutiny. He has done more than TGT since, putting in work yesterday and today in bursts, but he has a few things going against him, namely the weird self-pres votes at EoD. You will need to step it up big time if town, or there’s a decent chance you’re probably gonna get got

    Dependent/Self-resolving

    Dyson/Bianca - these two have both claimed mutually-exclusive actions that indicate that one is straight-up lying (Dyson claimed Motiom Detector and targeting Bianca N1 with no movement, which means Bianca couldn’t have acted last night at all as claimed; whereas Bianca claims Universal Backup that auto-inherited Laurentus’ role going into the night and targeting me with a JK, which means that Dyson couldn’t have acted on Bianca as claimed). This dichotomy is so strong here that there is no way both can be town, and one is lock-town and the other lock-mafia. If they are by some disaster both town, I absolve myself of all blame for the way they’ve managed to completely bungle their claims here

    If Dyson flips town, the day plays out with an expected Bianca chop, and then the F3 is extremely obvious to me. If Dyson flips mafia, not as much, and that’s gonna come down to you guys making the right call, otherwise game just ends today. However, Bianca is lock-clear in that case, so you’re still narrowing it down to 1/4 for the second mafia
    This is a good summary and broadly where I am (on all the spots other than yourself.)

    I think you've done enough that I'm holding back my reservations for now- but- if its me you and HK at MYLO I know where my vote is going. If you are a wolf gotta say, great effort.

    I also have more suspicion on TGT because of his weird role claim and the implied reality it creates.
  5. Replies
    1,354
    Views
    9,580

    Completed I understand your positioning & frustration. I...

    Quote Originally Posted by Inawordyes (#1265)
    I will be shooting Dyson, I decided to commit to that last night and Zeus and Iron both being in agreement probably should make me feel like it’s a bad idea since everybody’s agreeing, but at this point it’s better to resolve him snd leave Bianca to her fate since she at least put effort in

    That puts one mafia in Zeus/Iron/TGT/HK guaranteed. You can make the claim that it’s me, but when I blow myself up I’ll be revealed anyways so if I’m mafia I’m basically killing myself anyways so that there is no benefit and would be such an egregious game throw for my scumteam and I would never disrespect the game enough to do that here
    I understand your positioning & frustration. I think we need to flip Dyson, but, I wanna see how they respond before they say anything.
  6. Replies
    1,354
    Views
    9,580

    Completed In preferences

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Dwarf (#1257)
    Off topic but how do I turn off spooky mode?
    In preferences
  7. Replies
    1,354
    Views
    9,580

    Completed Bottom right of the screen!! Best thing

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Dwarf (#1249)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyson sphere (#1066)
    Btw, am I the only one who still has spooky mode on? At the start of the game, I thought these bats would be driving me crazy. But now my brain is almost filtering them out. Only kinda strange how jumpy they are. Very glitchy.
    You mean I can turn off those annoying bats?
    Bottom right of the screen!! Best thing
  8. Replies
    1,354
    Views
    9,580

    Completed Morning. I think HK your theory is good re...

    Morning. I think HK your theory is good re Bianca, but. I also think it's possible Bianca is telling the truth.

    I think the right move is resolving Dyson first THEN making a decision on Bianca

    We don't get to be wrong much so I'd rather do it in order.
  9. Replies
    1,354
    Views
    9,580

    Completed If they happened, they knew that already

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenTyranno (#1146)
    Quote Originally Posted by hollowkatt (#1144)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenTyranno (#1142)
    Quote Originally Posted by biancasbotique (#1113)
    ##Vote Dyson sphere

    Dyson's a liar!

    I inherited the first town PR role who died which is Jailkeeper, and I jailed Inawordyes.
    Oh my god. Did we find a baldfaced scummer##Vote Dyson sphere
    TGT, why didn't you doctor laurentus last night?
    Oh $%#! it all I guess I'll let the mafia know. They $%#!ing blocked my one-shot heal.
    If they happened, they knew that already
  10. Replies
    1,354
    Views
    9,580

    Completed Imma go sleep. You guys figure this out

    Imma go sleep. You guys figure this out
  11. Replies
    1,354
    Views
    9,580

    Completed I'd consider jking you tbh. I was waiting for...

    Quote Originally Posted by Inawordyes (#1119)
    Zeus, who’s action targeted is the more egregious?
    I'd consider jking you tbh.

    I was waiting for bianca to respond but:
    - let investigatory roles act
    - JK someone who you don't want dying if they're v (you are high posting active player claiming ability to day kill)
    - prevent you doing shenanigans if wolf
  12. Replies
    1,354
    Views
    9,580

    Completed For me...just shoot dyson though. If dyson flips...

    Quote Originally Posted by hollowkatt (#1126)
    Quote Originally Posted by biancasbotique (#1113)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyson sphere (#1054)
    I targeted @biancasbotique and the action failed, which, I suppose, means that there wasn't any motion towards or from her.
    ##Vote Dyson sphere

    Dyson's a liar!

    I inherited the first town PR role who died which is Jailkeeper, and I jailed Inawordyes.
    this is a good post.... ish
    For me...just shoot dyson though. If dyson flips v, shoot baunca. We don't lose
  13. Replies
    1,354
    Views
    9,580

    Completed Oh bianca!

    Quote Originally Posted by biancasbotique (#1113)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyson sphere (#1054)
    I targeted @biancasbotique and the action failed, which, I suppose, means that there wasn't any motion towards or from her.
    ##Vote Dyson sphere

    Dyson's a liar!

    I inherited the first town PR role who died which is Jailkeeper, and I jailed Inawordyes.
    Oh bianca!
  14. Replies
    1,354
    Views
    9,580

    Completed Ohhh. I be furious with myself for not...

    Quote Originally Posted by hollowkatt (#1109)
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZeus (#1106)
    Quote Originally Posted by hollowkatt (#1098)
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZeus (#1086)
    Why is TGT alive?

    Option 1:
    TGT is a wolf

    Option 2:
    The wolf-team is Bianca-Dyson.
    TGT kept his cards close to his chest, but, if you were going to call anyone his wolf reads it would be IAYW or Iron_dwarf.
    Laurentus' POE had ID, Bianca, Dyson.
    A wolf team of Bianca-Dyson knows they should shoot Laurentus to save one of their team members on the 2/3 chance that Laurentus tracks one of them two.

    Option 3-1m:
    The wolves are doing something I don't understand
    Hey zeus, if you're a dr joat how do you play the opening few hours of today?
    I don't quite get the question
    smaller words then
    TGT Claimed Joat, one of his actions is doctor.
    There is a dead tracker.

    How do you, as claimed joat with a doctor action, play the first few hours of today
    It's a thought exercise.
    Ohhh. I be furious with myself for not doctorizing the best claimed village role who is also the most wildly read player
  15. Replies
    1,354
    Views
    9,580

    Completed I think you should wait tbh. Tgt can reveal...

    Quote Originally Posted by Inawordyes (#1107)
    Quote Originally Posted by hollowkatt (#1105)
    alright lets yolo this $%#!. iawy blow up one of bianca/dyson and we chop the other one and if we win great and if we don't gg wolves
    I’m strongly considering it, but I am not being left with the choice here, because if I choose wrong, that’s my fault

    If I’m gonna be the village idiot, it’s gonna take a village to raise that idiot
    I think you should wait tbh.

    Tgt can reveal more.

    Biancs may come back
  16. Replies
    1,354
    Views
    9,580

    Completed I don't quite get the question

    Quote Originally Posted by hollowkatt (#1098)
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZeus (#1086)
    Why is TGT alive?

    Option 1:
    TGT is a wolf

    Option 2:
    The wolf-team is Bianca-Dyson.
    TGT kept his cards close to his chest, but, if you were going to call anyone his wolf reads it would be IAYW or Iron_dwarf.
    Laurentus' POE had ID, Bianca, Dyson.
    A wolf team of Bianca-Dyson knows they should shoot Laurentus to save one of their team members on the 2/3 chance that Laurentus tracks one of them two.

    Option 3-1m:
    The wolves are doing something I don't understand
    Hey zeus, if you're a dr joat how do you play the opening few hours of today?
    I don't quite get the question
  17. Replies
    1,354
    Views
    9,580

    Completed I'm 5 beers in. I HAVE NO PATIENCE

    Quote Originally Posted by Inawordyes (#1093)
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZeus (#1091)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inawordyes (#1089)
    @DoctorZeus it’s IAWY or Iawy - Inawordyes

    I don’t know how you keep getting IAYW out of it
    Lolz. Sorry my dude.

    What do you think of my "why TGT is alive" analysis?
    If you’d waited just a second more you’d have your answer

    I see the internal logic, and TGT being a JOAT makes his options a lot more variable, but Laurentus always stirs trouble as she either clears Iron who claimed VT, or Laurentus checks Bianca/Dyson and potentially catches them out with the 50/50 of whoever carried the NK
    I'm 5 beers in. I HAVE NO PATIENCE
  18. Replies
    1,354
    Views
    9,580

    Completed I think the fact Dyson has said today he MD'd her...

    Quote Originally Posted by Inawordyes (#1095)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inawordyes (#906)
    Quote Originally Posted by biancasbotique (#436)
    I've always voted for most inactivity and that happens to be me but I am going for the next inactive one which is Irondwarf

    ##vote Irondwarf

    I haven't heard from Dyson yet and so far I just came on the threads to focus on them so I will have my reads soon. Btw, thank you for the pressure. I will have my reads after reading through most of the threads
    Starting my ISO re-reads alphabetically, this is an interesting comment now. I still personally think Bianca/Dyson are not W/W due to Bianca’s extended focus on them and Dyson not acknowledging, but what exactly do you mean by ‘I’m just here to focus on Dyson’?
    I do want to call back to this one Zeus, since I think this got lost in the shuffle this morning and didn’t get talked about after everything

    Their whole dynamic I am struggling to understand
    I think the fact Dyson has said today he MD'd her after your analysis makes them pretty associated to me tbh.

    If Dyson is a wolf, he's got no idea who of us lied about our PR's. Safest bet is a wolf partner.

    BUT this is all tinfoil now.

    I understand where your doubts come from. My experience does tend to go down that inexperienced wolves, who have less time, focus mostly on talking with villagers not wolves out of "fear."
  19. Replies
    1,354
    Views
    9,580

    Completed hmmm. You have, on the one hand, Bianca...

    Quote Originally Posted by Inawordyes (#1090)
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZeus (#1086)
    Why is TGT alive?

    Option 1:
    TGT is a wolf

    Option 2:
    The wolf-team is Bianca-Dyson.
    TGT kept his cards close to his chest, but, if you were going to call anyone his wolf reads it would be IAYW or Iron_dwarf.
    Laurentus' POE had ID, Bianca, Dyson.
    A wolf team of Bianca-Dyson knows they should shoot Laurentus to save one of their team members on the 2/3 chance that Laurentus tracks one of them two.

    Option 3-1m:
    The wolves are doing something I don't understand
    Can the team be Bianca-Dyson with her anti-associatives?
    hmmm.

    You have, on the one hand, Bianca questioning Dyson (and only Dyson.)You have on the other Dyson claiming a MD on Bianca (for seemingly suss reasons.)

    I can see these being anti-associative, but, can also see them being aligned tbfh. I'm known to tunnel (as you well know though.)

    What do you think?
  20. Replies
    1,354
    Views
    9,580

    Completed Lolz. Sorry my dude. What do you think of my...

    Quote Originally Posted by Inawordyes (#1089)
    @DoctorZeus it’s IAWY or Iawy - Inawordyes

    I don’t know how you keep getting IAYW out of it
    Lolz. Sorry my dude.

    What do you think of my "why TGT is alive" analysis?
  21. Replies
    1,354
    Views
    9,580

    Completed If the wolf team had Iron_Dwarf + one of...

    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZeus (#1086)
    Why is TGT alive?

    Option 1:
    TGT is a wolf

    Option 2:
    The wolf-team is Bianca-Dyson.
    TGT kept his cards close to his chest, but, if you were going to call anyone his wolf reads it would be IAYW or Iron_dwarf.
    Laurentus' POE had ID, Bianca, Dyson.
    A wolf team of Bianca-Dyson knows they should shoot Laurentus to save one of their team members on the 2/3 chance that Laurentus tracks one of them two.

    Option 3-1m:
    The wolves are doing something I don't understand
    If the wolf team had Iron_Dwarf + one of Bianca/Dyson then what would wolves do? Worry about TGT's vig shot hitting them? Or worry about Laurentus tracking them?
  22. Replies
    1,354
    Views
    9,580

    Completed Why is TGT alive? Option 1: TGT is a wolf ...

    Why is TGT alive?

    Option 1:
    TGT is a wolf

    Option 2:
    The wolf-team is Bianca-Dyson.
    TGT kept his cards close to his chest, but, if you were going to call anyone his wolf reads it would be IAYW or Iron_dwarf.
    Laurentus' POE had ID, Bianca, Dyson.
    A wolf team of Bianca-Dyson knows they should shoot Laurentus to save one of their team members on the 2/3 chance that Laurentus tracks one of them two.

    Option 3-1m:
    The wolves are doing something I don't understand
  23. Replies
    1,354
    Views
    9,580

    Completed This is a POE of Dyson, Iron Dwarf and Bianca. ...

    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZeus (#1078)
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurentus (#830)
    Legacy:

    Town

    HollowKatt (but that paranoia won't go away)
    Dolby (I have The Faith in my soul-read)
    Doctor Zeus (Picks up similar things to me, but still sees things in a way that I didn't anticipate, is not afraid to push people really hard)

    Leans

    TGT (Tone does feel very genuine, and that's about it)
    IAWY (Can see the potential for a budding powerwolf to form here, but he does have remarkably consistent reasoning, which, if I felt like tinfoiling right now, I could probably call out as being too $%#!ing consistent, tbh)

    PoE

    Yo, villas, I told you to start being obvtown, dafuq. If you aren't in the previous categories, in here you go.
    Laurentus legacy
    This is a POE of Dyson, Iron Dwarf and Bianca.


    Where I'm at-

    Town core
    Doctor Zeus

    Town lean
    Hollowkat (I like the plays. I have residual paranoia because I think they know my role & various other things already discussed)

    Wolfy
    Inawordyes- I think the role claimed is whack, and very well explained suss.
    Iron_Dwarf- I thought they were a wolf yesterday but the EOD was pretty good (until it led to dead villager.) Resolving counter-wagons is smart...but...there's just "something" about ID's play I quite like
    TheGoldenTyranno- been tone read v from the start and has seemingly coasted on it. Alive despite JOAT claim.

    Wolfiest
    biancasbotique- self proclaimed low energy play, literally no thread presence, no reads
    Dyson sphere- crazy weird play thats anti-town
  24. Replies
    1,354
    Views
    9,580

    Completed Yh Dysons whole world is whack. If they turn out...

    Quote Originally Posted by hollowkatt (#1077)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inawordyes (#1070)
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZeus (#1069)
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZeus (#1068)
    @Inawordyes what if I asked you to blow up Bianca
    Not Bianca. Dyson
    I would blow up both

    Tbh the only person I am going to hard-veto right now is HK, as I am soulreading him as lock town as lock town can get atm due to the fact that we both independently came in this morning and did the same thing, reached similar conclusions, and have pretty much been on the same page regarding almost everything we’ve both brought up
    I'm kinda thinking blowing up either dyson or bianca is a good call.
    Dyson b/c the mech play doesn't make sense, the target doesn't make sense, and motion could have proven someone elses claim.
    Yh Dysons whole world is whack. If they turn out to be a villager I don't really think its villages fault if we lose.
  25. Replies
    1,354
    Views
    9,580

    Completed Laurentus legacy

    Quote Originally Posted by Laurentus (#830)
    Legacy:

    Town

    HollowKatt (but that paranoia won't go away)
    Dolby (I have The Faith in my soul-read)
    Doctor Zeus (Picks up similar things to me, but still sees things in a way that I didn't anticipate, is not afraid to push people really hard)

    Leans

    TGT (Tone does feel very genuine, and that's about it)
    IAWY (Can see the potential for a budding powerwolf to form here, but he does have remarkably consistent reasoning, which, if I felt like tinfoiling right now, I could probably call out as being too $%#!ing consistent, tbh)

    PoE

    Yo, villas, I told you to start being obvtown, dafuq. If you aren't in the previous categories, in here you go.
    Laurentus legacy
  26. Replies
    1,354
    Views
    9,580

    Completed Yah I saw that upon looking it up and seeing what...

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenTyranno (#1071)
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZeus (#1037)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inawordyes (#1034)
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZeus (#1029)
    Right. So, he's claimed JOAT. He's claimed only reveal checks. No one got vigged.

    So he's docked himself OR his claim is false.

    There was no motion detect from Dyson sphere around the spot.

    He's a dead man walking tonight. Wolves aren't stupid enough to miss this so I don't feel like an idiot for saying it. TGT isn't stupid enough to realise we'd realise this.


    Why would village TGT doc himself. Can he even doc himself? Normally not.

    WHY HAS THIS HAPPENED. THIS IS NONSENE
    Dyson never claimed his actions, he said he got a result PM ‘without colors’ (Motion Detector just tells you if there was movement, aka that player acted or they were acted on, it doesn’t tell you alignment). He didn’t state that he acted on TGT, so at least that part of the analysis needs to be re-thought

    Can you quote TGT’s claim post? I’m
    pretty sure he did not state that his role is compulsory, so it is possible that he didn’t use any of his powers last night, as illogical and implausible as that is
    Post 652. ALSO. His claim is obviously nonsense. There's no point in having 4 shots in a 9 player game.

    ##Vote TheGoldenTyranno

    everything about this claim is impossible.

    My point about Dyson was, I would expect Dyson to use it on TGT (or at least...thats what I would do 9/10 times).
    Sir look up Parity Cop in the wikia. It requires targeting TWO players.
    Yah I saw that upon looking it up and seeing what thread people said.

    My remaining concerns:
    - Why did you claim at all with your role? I haven't and I'm still alive.
    - I struggle to understand why your role exists as it does in this game, especially given the wider balance
    - Why are you alive given your role

    Who is you're POE?
  27. Replies
    1,354
    Views
    9,580

    Completed Not Bianca. Dyson

    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZeus (#1068)
    @Inawordyes what if I asked you to blow up Bianca
    Not Bianca. Dyson
  28. Replies
    1,354
    Views
    9,580

    Completed Inawordyes what if I asked you to blow up Bianca

    @Inawordyes what if I asked you to blow up Bianca
  29. Replies
    1,354
    Views
    9,580

    Completed When people have open wolfed like this in the...

    Quote Originally Posted by Dyson sphere (#1063)
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZeus (#1062)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyson sphere (#1061)
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZeus (#1060)
    But that doesn't explain why you'd motion detect her.
    I thought I was supposed to target a user and see if there is any motion. So that's what I did. And then I targeted Bianca. Because I thought I had to pick one of the players, except myself and Eric.
    Who is Eric?

    Why Bianca though? There were 7 other players to chose from. Do you dislike all of us?

    If you wanted to coordinate what to do, why didn't you try and coordinate?

    Why did you go for the vanilla role? Especially the suss vanilla role?
    Eric Idle.

    I never said I didn't like any of the other 7.

    Also someone said on D1 that I was supposed to make my own decisions and not tell openly in thread what I'm about to do as my action. I actually would have gladly taken anyone's advice, but I thought I had to make the decision who to target myself. And then I thought and thought, and then I got tired and picked Bianca.

    I picked the especially suss vanilla role, because I thought maybe that player isn't vanilla after all. Kind of mysterious. Like a mystery box. What's in it? It could be anything! Even a boat!
    When people have open wolfed like this in the past I have tried to excuse it as twtbaw but I just don't know right now.

    Have you played mafia much before?
  30. Replies
    1,354
    Views
    9,580

    Completed Who is Eric? Why Bianca though? There were 7...

    Quote Originally Posted by Dyson sphere (#1061)
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZeus (#1060)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyson sphere (#1058)
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZeus (#1056)
    Why Bianca?
    Because I like her.
    But that doesn't explain why you'd motion detect her.
    I thought I was supposed to target a user and see if there is any motion. So that's what I did. And then I targeted Bianca. Because I thought I had to pick one of the players, except myself and Eric.
    Who is Eric?

    Why Bianca though? There were 7 other players to chose from. Do you dislike all of us?

    If you wanted to coordinate what to do, why didn't you try and coordinate?

    Why did you go for the vanilla role? Especially the suss vanilla role?
  31. Replies
    1,354
    Views
    9,580

    Completed But that doesn't explain why you'd motion detect...

    Quote Originally Posted by Dyson sphere (#1058)
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZeus (#1056)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyson sphere (#1054)
    I targeted @biancasbotique and the action failed, which, I suppose, means that there wasn't any motion towards or from her.
    Why Bianca?
    Because I like her.
    But that doesn't explain why you'd motion detect her.
  32. Replies
    1,354
    Views
    9,580

    Completed Dyson sphere

    ##Vote Dyson sphere
  33. Replies
    1,354
    Views
    9,580

    Completed Why Bianca?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dyson sphere (#1054)
    I targeted @biancasbotique and the action failed, which, I suppose, means that there wasn't any motion towards or from her.
    Why Bianca?
  34. Replies
    1,354
    Views
    9,580

    Completed Your standard for abrasive/being a jerk is very...

    Quote Originally Posted by hollowkatt (#1048)
    I'm not trying to be abrasive or a jerk, I just think it's really important that we resolve TGT claim vs Dyson claim vs you not claiming at all yet
    Your standard for abrasive/being a jerk is very British. You are being very reasonable
  35. Replies
    1,354
    Views
    9,580

    Completed I know. Its fine, I'll claim as and when need be...

    Quote Originally Posted by hollowkatt (#1046)
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZeus (#1044)
    Quote Originally Posted by hollowkatt (#1039)
    I don't really care if we're dumping info into the thread for wolves to pick through. we're at 5-2 at the moment. if we're wrong today it's 4-2, then NK = lylo

    It's not "dire" per se but it's definitely a situation where more information could allow us to solve much better than less information.

    Speaking of.. zeus.. you might wanna claim
    On the rest of your post I think you are right. I'm not actually that used to role madness. The only time I played a game where everyone had a role was my first ever mafia game. I was mafia, and everyone claimed, and everyone claimed every action. I was effectively outted. I'm assuming its similar enough here and can't see any reason we'd hold back given the rest of the roles people have claimed.
    and yet you say "I don't want to claim unless there's consensus". You can see how that's a pretty easy thing for me to wolf read yeah?

    I get being gunshy but the example you use here is as mafia lolol
    I know. Its fine, I'll claim as and when need be and I understand why you think its wolfy.


    The biggest problem is I think you actually know what role I have so I think what your doing is mega suss.
  36. Replies
    1,354
    Views
    9,580

    Completed I'd be willing to, but again, I wanna see all...

    Quote Originally Posted by hollowkatt (#1045)
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZeus (#1041)
    Quote Originally Posted by hollowkatt (#1039)
    I don't really care if we're dumping info into the thread for wolves to pick through. we're at 5-2 at the moment. if we're wrong today it's 4-2, then NK = lylo

    It's not "dire" per se but it's definitely a situation where more information could allow us to solve much better than less information.

    Speaking of.. zeus.. you might wanna claim
    No. it'll require most of the thread to say yes before I do.
    no, you don't understand. It's claims time.

    You're the only unclaimed person and iawy has a bomb pointed at your head. I'd be willing to bet if I said "go ahead iawy" he'd do it. Do you think he wouldn't?

    I want as much information in the thread as I can have and I want it with as much time left as possible. Lets compromise. If we get to 24 hours left and there's no consensus I think you should claim.
    I'd be willing to, but again, I wanna see all other claims first just like yesterday.
  37. Replies
    1,354
    Views
    9,580

    Completed On the rest of your post I think you are right....

    Quote Originally Posted by hollowkatt (#1039)
    I don't really care if we're dumping info into the thread for wolves to pick through. we're at 5-2 at the moment. if we're wrong today it's 4-2, then NK = lylo

    It's not "dire" per se but it's definitely a situation where more information could allow us to solve much better than less information.

    Speaking of.. zeus.. you might wanna claim
    On the rest of your post I think you are right. I'm not actually that used to role madness. The only time I played a game where everyone had a role was my first ever mafia game. I was mafia, and everyone claimed, and everyone claimed every action. I was effectively outted. I'm assuming its similar enough here and can't see any reason we'd hold back given the rest of the roles people have claimed.
  38. Replies
    1,354
    Views
    9,580

    Completed I wish I could "like" posts

    Quote Originally Posted by hollowkatt (#1042)
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZeus (#1037)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inawordyes (#1034)
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZeus (#1029)
    Right. So, he's claimed JOAT. He's claimed only reveal checks. No one got vigged.

    So he's docked himself OR his claim is false.

    There was no motion detect from Dyson sphere around the spot.

    He's a dead man walking tonight. Wolves aren't stupid enough to miss this so I don't feel like an idiot for saying it. TGT isn't stupid enough to realise we'd realise this.


    Why would village TGT doc himself. Can he even doc himself? Normally not.

    WHY HAS THIS HAPPENED. THIS IS NONSENE
    Dyson never claimed his actions, he said he got a result PM ‘without colors’ (Motion Detector just tells you if there was movement, aka that player acted or they were acted on, it doesn’t tell you alignment). He didn’t state that he acted on TGT, so at least that part of the analysis needs to be re-thought

    Can you quote TGT’s claim post? I’m
    pretty sure he did not state that his role is compulsory, so it is possible that he didn’t use any of his powers last night, as illogical and implausible as that is
    Post 652. ALSO. His claim is obviously nonsense. There's no point in having 4 shots in a 9 player game.

    ##Vote TheGoldenTyranno

    everything about this claim is impossible.

    My point about Dyson was, I would expect Dyson to use it on TGT (or at least...thats what I would do 9/10 times).
    I don't think you're wrong. I do think dyson needs to come back and say some $%#!.
    @TheGoldenTyranno you also need to come back and say some $%#!. Like who you targeted with what and why.
    I wish I could "like" posts
  39. Replies
    1,354
    Views
    9,580

    Completed No. it'll require most of the thread to say yes...

    Quote Originally Posted by hollowkatt (#1039)
    I don't really care if we're dumping info into the thread for wolves to pick through. we're at 5-2 at the moment. if we're wrong today it's 4-2, then NK = lylo

    It's not "dire" per se but it's definitely a situation where more information could allow us to solve much better than less information.

    Speaking of.. zeus.. you might wanna claim
    No. it'll require most of the thread to say yes before I do.
  40. Replies
    1,354
    Views
    9,580

    Completed Post 652. ALSO. His claim is obviously nonsense....

    Quote Originally Posted by Inawordyes (#1034)
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZeus (#1029)
    Quote Originally Posted by hollowkatt (#1028)
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZeus (#1025)
    @hollowkatt and @Inawordyes wanna talk TGT mech? I don't wanna do it without some agreement from others
    sure I'm game
    Right. So, he's claimed JOAT. He's claimed only reveal checks. No one got vigged.

    So he's docked himself OR his claim is false.

    There was no motion detect from Dyson sphere around the spot.

    He's a dead man walking tonight. Wolves aren't stupid enough to miss this so I don't feel like an idiot for saying it. TGT isn't stupid enough to realise we'd realise this.


    Why would village TGT doc himself. Can he even doc himself? Normally not.

    WHY HAS THIS HAPPENED. THIS IS NONSENE
    Dyson never claimed his actions, he said he got a result PM ‘without colors’ (Motion Detector just tells you if there was movement, aka that player acted or they were acted on, it doesn’t tell you alignment). He didn’t state that he acted on TGT, so at least that part of the analysis needs to be re-thought

    Can you quote TGT’s claim post? I’m
    pretty sure he did not state that his role is compulsory, so it is possible that he didn’t use any of his powers last night, as illogical and implausible as that is
    Post 652. ALSO. His claim is obviously nonsense. There's no point in having 4 shots in a 9 player game.

    ##Vote TheGoldenTyranno

    everything about this claim is impossible.

    My point about Dyson was, I would expect Dyson to use it on TGT (or at least...thats what I would do 9/10 times).
  41. Replies
    1,354
    Views
    9,580

    Completed Safe. Post 1029

    Quote Originally Posted by Inawordyes (#1032)
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZeus (#1025)
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZeus (#1016)
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZeus (#1015)
    Can we talk about it
    I ask because it's mech heavy chat
    @hollowkatt and @Inawordyes wanna talk TGT mech? I don't wanna do it without some agreement from others
    I’m willing, gonna be taking a gander at his ISO anyways so I can move up the timetable
    Safe. Post 1029
  42. Replies
    1,354
    Views
    9,580

    Completed Right. So, he's claimed JOAT. He's claimed only...

    Quote Originally Posted by hollowkatt (#1028)
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZeus (#1025)
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZeus (#1016)
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZeus (#1015)
    Can we talk about it
    I ask because it's mech heavy chat
    @hollowkatt and @Inawordyes wanna talk TGT mech? I don't wanna do it without some agreement from others
    sure I'm game
    Right. So, he's claimed JOAT. He's claimed only reveal checks. No one got vigged.

    So he's docked himself OR his claim is false.

    There was no motion detect from Dyson sphere around the spot.

    He's a dead man walking tonight. Wolves aren't stupid enough to miss this so I don't feel like an idiot for saying it. TGT isn't stupid enough to realise we'd realise this.


    Why would village TGT doc himself. Can he even doc himself? Normally not.

    WHY HAS THIS HAPPENED. THIS IS NONSENE
  43. Replies
    1,354
    Views
    9,580

    Completed Laurentus screaming from the grave at me

    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZeus (#1025)
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZeus (#1016)
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZeus (#1015)
    Quote Originally Posted by hollowkatt (#1013)
    I think I wish I'd stayed there yesterday
    Can we talk about it
    I ask because it's mech heavy chat
    @hollowkatt and @Inawordyes wanna talk TGT mech? I don't wanna do it without some agreement from others
    Laurentus screaming from the grave at me
  44. Replies
    1,354
    Views
    9,580

    Completed hollowkatt and Inawordyes wanna talk TGT mech? I...

    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZeus (#1016)
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZeus (#1015)
    Quote Originally Posted by hollowkatt (#1013)
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZeus (#1006)
    HK, what do you think of TGT right now?
    I think I wish I'd stayed there yesterday
    Can we talk about it
    I ask because it's mech heavy chat
    @hollowkatt and @Inawordyes wanna talk TGT mech? I don't wanna do it without some agreement from others
  45. Replies
    1,354
    Views
    9,580

    Completed https://www.thenation.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/...

    Quote Originally Posted by hollowkatt (#1022)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inawordyes (#1020)
    I am willing to die on this hill I’m standing on at any time, if I’m going to be sussed today the best option is to remove myself from the equation, and normally that would mean by being voted out, but I literally can die on this hill right now if I wanted, and if you think I’m mafia that screws over my partner by leaving them alone, and as both alignments you have me resolved and don’t have to worry about chopping me. But I gotta take someone with me when I do, and if I hit wrong we immediately go into F5 LYLO, and that’s gonna be rough with half a day or so for you guys to solve

    HK’s role is useless if he only gets role info and not alignment, since everybody claimed. The only use would be if he targeted Zeus being that Zeus is still holding onto a role claim and I seem to be the only one who’s concerned by that

    I am going to continue to solve bevsuse I genuinely care about this because I am, I’m not saying all the above as an “I’m giving up and I’m not gonna do anything now” thing. But I am willing to blow my fuse at any time if it’ll help us, especially if the alternate is I get chopped and we lose that ability. But if I am going to do it, it has to be soon, because the last thing you need is for me to low it an hour to EoD, for example, and suddenly we’re in LYLO with no time to react. I obv wouldn’t do that (and if I’m mafia, it doesn’t go into LYLO as it would be 4-1 not 3-2), but my point is that the longer it takes, the less time you guys will have to adjust to the post-bombed state
    what if I said bomb zeus?


    You know why I'm posting this right.
  46. Replies
    1,354
    Views
    9,580

    Completed I'd like you to wait till the others have...

    Quote Originally Posted by Inawordyes (#1020)
    I am willing to die on this hill I’m standing on at any time, if I’m going to be sussed today the best option is to remove myself from the equation, and normally that would mean by being voted out, but I literally can die on this hill right now if I wanted, and if you think I’m mafia that screws over my partner by leaving them alone, and as both alignments you have me resolved and don’t have to worry about chopping me. But I gotta take someone with me when I do, and if I hit wrong we immediately go into F5 LYLO, and that’s gonna be rough with half a day or so for you guys to solve

    HK’s role is useless if he only gets role info and not alignment, since everybody claimed. The only use would be if he targeted Zeus being that Zeus is still holding onto a role claim and I seem to be the only one who’s concerned by that

    I am going to continue to solve bevsuse I genuinely care about this because I am, I’m not saying all the above as an “I’m giving up and I’m not gonna do anything now” thing. But I am willing to blow my fuse at any time if it’ll help us, especially if the alternate is I get chopped and we lose that ability. But if I am going to do it, it has to be soon, because the last thing you need is for me to low it an hour to EoD, for example, and suddenly we’re in LYLO with no time to react. I obv wouldn’t do that (and if I’m mafia, it doesn’t go into LYLO as it would be 4-1 not 3-2), but my point is that the longer it takes, the less time you guys will have to adjust to the post-bombed state
    I'd like you to wait till the others have "presence"
  47. Replies
    1,354
    Views
    9,580

    Completed Do you have history with him?

    Quote Originally Posted by hollowkatt (#1017)
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZeus (#1015)
    Quote Originally Posted by hollowkatt (#1013)
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZeus (#1006)
    HK, what do you think of TGT right now?
    I think I wish I'd stayed there yesterday
    Can we talk about it
    his content today is much less freeflowing and off the cuff. He hung around for some mech talk and then poof
    Do you have history with him?
  48. Replies
    1,354
    Views
    9,580

    Completed I ask because it's mech heavy chat

    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZeus (#1015)
    Quote Originally Posted by hollowkatt (#1013)
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZeus (#1006)
    HK, what do you think of TGT right now?
    I think I wish I'd stayed there yesterday
    Can we talk about it
    I ask because it's mech heavy chat
  49. Replies
    1,354
    Views
    9,580

    Completed Can we talk about it

    Quote Originally Posted by hollowkatt (#1013)
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZeus (#1006)
    HK, what do you think of TGT right now?
    I think I wish I'd stayed there yesterday
    Can we talk about it
  50. Replies
    1,354
    Views
    9,580

    Completed It took so much work to format this :lmfao:

    Quote Originally Posted by hollowkatt (#1012)
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZeus (#1004)
    Quote Originally Posted by hollowkatt (#982)

    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZeus (#943)
    I read your case as:
    1) Bianca makes it appear as if she knows her role is powerful. Evidence:
    I am taking this whole portion as Bianca indirectly knowing what she has in this game and how important a Universal Backup is.
    2) Bianca downplays power of her role. Evidence:
    Later on though, when directed OG questioned about her role, Bianca plays the “oh, I’ve got nothing special, just a VT that can be backup”, and sort of plays dumb about her role.
    3) Therefore she is lying. Evidence:
    The way she talks about PRs and the importance of her role and then the way she acts when asked about her PR don’t match up to me at all


    Your whole "she's a liar" case was predicated on the claim being real.

    You are now saying she might be fake claiming.
    I agree, she might. But this is because she's soft-claimed a PR, then presented it as a weak-PR.

    You are also, concurrently, claiming that she's displaying fake inexperience. But I don't see how all your arguments demonstrate this. The original "lie" case might show fake inexperience- but- its a moot point because if the claim is true, then, she's villager. If on the other hand, she is fake-claiming, then she's actually displaying inexperience- because she's contradicting herself.



    The reason I'm asking all this is that I'm worried you are power wolfing. You pushed Dolby (villager) yesterday, and, arguably, supported getting them lunched.

    Today, Bianca is the easy mislunch. You are pushing hard there again- and I think your case is being crafted to MAKE her look lunchable.

    I think HK's case has more merits, but, I'm tin foiling that that makes you look worse...Either you and HK came in today ready to mislunch Bianca and this was your case- or- HK started making the argument and you jumped on.

    So my big question is- do you think you are a good wolf? What do you normally do as a wolf?


    The claim might be real, the alignment is never claimed from what I can tell.
    IAWY initial push resides on the thought that bianca was making a legitimate claim to her role yesterday, I'll grant you that.
    I think your "you are now saying she might be fake claiming" is good pressure to see how iawy responds, but I don't think it's the gotcha you think it is. What if bianca fake claimed backup b/c it's a fairly easy fake to make especially with the other claims that were already in the thread at the time.

    I'm digressing though.
    If the claim is real IAWY thought process does make sense to me and seems fairly accurate.
    If the claim is fake maybe it doesn't.
    If the claim is real, and its a wolf role, I agree with you sure. But she claims its a villager role. This much is exceptionally true- 997. Bianca's made likee 25 posts this shouldn't be hard to find. So this point is moot.

    If the claim is really, and a village role, then I think the analysis is still wrong.

    BUT I think its IAYW's way of doing it that I've got a problem with- it was "wolf casing" either way. Like she was TRYING to get Bianca killed.

    tbh what's sticking out to me at the moment though is this line
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZeus (#943)
    he original "lie" case might show fake inexperience- but- its a moot point because if the claim is true, then, she's villager.
    It's the second time I've noticed you assuming biancas alignment today.
    The first time is when I snap voted you.

    Claim = True <> Bianca = Town yeah?
    But yeah thats my point...Its conditional. If Bianca is town then IAYW is trying exceptionally hard to get them killed and using logic I think is bogus. I don't assume she's a villager- I say if the claim is true then she's a villager.


    anyways, lets take a step back from all that, and from the details of the iawy push on bianca. If iawy is power wolfing who do you think is most likely his partner? Is it someone in the low counts or is it me? (I'm including TGT in the low counts b/c he's posted once today)
    I dunno. It could be you, could be Iron, could be lots of people I haven't given it full thought.


    Do you disagree with how iawy pushed dolby yesterday? My understanding is that you had a reasonable town read on dolby throughout most of the day yesterday, wanted iron to be the flip until iron moved to iawy. You'd expressed concern that iawy was wolfing yesterday as well, why not follow iron there especially when I pointed out that looked villagery at the moment to move like that as opposed to continued self-press yeah?
    I can't remember why not. I remember wanting IAYW desperately to use his power on the POE. Its the strategic right move, and that he didn't use it is the biggest red flag I have against him.

    I do remember thinking Irons EOD was exceptionally villagey, and, Dolby was the alternate choice. I don't remember thinking "this is the time to CFD IAYW!!!"

    You also said:
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZeus (#842)
    Urgh CFD Bianca? Role seems nonsense.

    Or CFD chaos village IAWY
    why bianca then and why the push back against it now?
    I stand by the role being nonsense. I also think Bianca is wolfy. She's also got some of the hallmarks of a disinterested villager.

    Her post about not being able to play today is just a nightmare for the village.

    I'm not pushing back against the push- I'm pushing back against what I see as a fake reason to join in the push.

    and this:
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZeus (#844)
    Well, we go in to tomorrow preeeeeeetty informed
    are we more informed?
    Not as much as I wish.

    From a mech point of view, I've seen some clues in what you've posted that show I think your thinking what I'm thinking. There are some things I'm kinda afraid to post. And there are some things I'm significantly dissapointed in.
    posting to acknowledge I've read this but not read for content or to comment on I'll get back to you I promise
    It took so much work to format this
Results 1 to 50 of 245
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4
about us
Mafia Universe is a community hub for people who enjoy playing the forum variant of Mafia (also known as Werewolf). We offer fully automated Mafia games and a wide variety of customized features crafted to optimize your game experience. We also proudly host the Internet's only database of Mafia/Werewolf communities.

We hope you stick around!
Role of the Day
Tactician

The Tactician will during pre-game be given a list of their team members and a list of roles (the number of roles will correspond to the number of players on the team). The Tactician must then freely assign the roles to their team members.