Search:

Type: Posts; User: El-ahrairah

Page 1 of 60 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 0.13 seconds.

  1. Replies
    76
    Views
    738

    Only the coolest cats know the true answer -...

    Quote Originally Posted by Wisdom (#70)
    Quote Originally Posted by El-ahrairah (#4)
    Who is your favourite Red Dwarf character?
    @El-ahrairah this is probably the most important question in any personality test ever. (And we all know the true answer, if you meow what I mean)
    Only the coolest cats know the true answer - anything else is a cat-astrophe!
  2. Replies
    76
    Views
    738

    Who is your favourite Red Dwarf character?

    Who is your favourite Red Dwarf character?
  3. Replies
    65
    Views
    1,174

    I played WWII Risk today and got triggered when...

    I played WWII Risk today and got triggered when my opponent's German forces invaded my well-defended France. Somebody please send halps.


    In all seriousness, I definitely think CFD should be change to BFD because we the British are not only accepting of being casually mocked, we actually satirize ourselves way better than you for'ners can do it.

    But I think anybody who gets worked up over the terms 'lynch' and 'mafia' and other such terminology may have to accept that Mafia/WW is just not the game for them, and seek less provocative forms of online forum entertainment such as Paint or Resistance or the ever popular and cognitively challenging yet socially inoffensive "count to one hundred".

    But that's just my take, what do I know.
  4. Replies
    58
    Views
    530

    IMO when those people are left alive they become...

    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle (#51)
    Imagine such monster killing many people and showing no remorse being killed with no pain. Isn't this too merciful? He maybe tortured his victims and the society gives him public recognition by talking in all newspapers about his crimes. He becomes from no one The One about so many people are talking :/ and he is maybe excited about this.
    And the punishment is just death.
    I would prefere to let him live in prison isolated for the rest of his life with no possibility of him being ever released.
    This topic is dark and my oppinion comes from the darkest part of my soul. I never killed a living creature (except insects and the fish i caught myself) and life for me has a high value.

    But umm.. by chance do you know a necromancer? You didn't say they doesn't exist
    IMO when those people are left alive they become rallying points for others who glorify their actions. You could say I guess that dead they are martyrs, but at least when they are dead they are not a waste of resources.
  5. #7

    Thread: CFD

    by El-ahrairah
    Replies
    25
    Views
    550

    Poll: There was no option for "I think BFD is a better...

    Quote Originally Posted by Frog (#2)


    Would you mind begin by defining CFD and defending the term?
    There was no option for "I think BFD is a better term than CFD so it should be changed immediately" so I selected 'no' in the hopes of prompting some dialogue whereby I could explain the superiority of BFD to CFD.
  6. Replies
    65
    Views
    1,174

    Motion to voluntarily change the use of CFD to...

    Motion to voluntarily change the use of CFD to BFD

    What is a British Fire Drill you may ask?

    A British Fire Drill is an oft-conducted method of instilling into children, workers, etc, the importance of leaving a burning premesis in an orderly fashion, without relying upon the elevator or other mechanical means of exiting the building unless one requires the use of an evacuation chair. Once evacuation is complete, all parties present shall head to their designated muster points and report in with their fire marshall or incident controller to ensure their safe presence is noted. Following role call, everyone shall stand around sipping cups of tea while some brave soul heads back into the potentially burning building to figure out whether everybody truly needed to be herded outside on a rainy day, or whether it was a simple test of efficiency. BFDs are very orderly affairs, and we thank you for keeping any wild arm-waving or other last-minute shenanigans to yourself, thank you very much.
  7. Replies
    58
    Views
    530

    Were you responsible forever for him?

    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle (#49)
    He tamed me and made me pat his fur while he was purring.
    Were you responsible forever for him?
  8. Replies
    58
    Views
    530

    I would support it if it applied to only the most...

    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle (#45)
    What do you think about it?
    I would support it if it applied to only the most violent and irrefutable of crimes - for example, the most recent shootings in the US, and the men who gang-raped a student on a bus in India. The people who committed those crimes can clearly not be trusted in society ever again, and if the two options are to keep them locked up in small cells for the rest of their lives at the expense of the taxpayer or remove the problem entirely, I would vote for removing the problem entirely.

    For cases where it's just extremely likely that a person committed a violent crime (e.g. DNA was found at the scene, accused has no alibi etc) then I don't think capital punishment should apply as it's not incontravertible proof that that person committed the crime, and like you say, once you kill someone, you can't unkill them.

    Unless you're a necromancer.

    But most people aren't.
  9. Replies
    58
    Views
    530

    Do you support the concept of capital punishment?

    Do you support the concept of capital punishment?
  10. Postgame#1175

    Thread: Forest Fire Mafia

    by El-ahrairah
    Replies
    1,176
    Views
    6,211

    Completed Of course I understand that it was for the game,...

    Quote Originally Posted by Percy (#1174)
    I still consider you a good friend but I think our Mafia game playing days are over. I know you feel like I’ve deceived you but I’d hope you understand that it was only to the extent that I had to due to my stupid alignment.
    Of course I understand that it was for the game, I have zero hard feelings towards you at all But my take-away is that I need to work harder at reading your actual play and not just rely on what I think wolf!Percy would do in any given situation due to meta. I think that's a take-away that every townie in this game agrees I need to have, because essentially my belief that I can easily read you is what lost us this game. And if I didn't learn from that mistake I would be a really awful player (instead of just a marginally awful player)
  11. Postgame#1173

    Thread: Forest Fire Mafia

    by El-ahrairah
    Replies
    1,176
    Views
    6,211

    Completed Because the wolves would've been specifically...

    Quote Originally Posted by Wisdom (#1172)
    El, help me on this. Why was the firefighter hunting from my side on D4 a bad idea? I just can't understand how it mattered.
    Because the wolves would've been specifically looking to take out the firefighter, so by PR hunting you were 1) reinforcing the idea that you were not the firefighter and 2) making it look like you were scum role-fishing. Because especially with 2 scum alive at N4 they might have chosen to prime me and ignite the following day, as even if 1 wolf was lynched the last wolf would've been in a strong position.

    IDK how many games you've played with PRs on MU but IME most PRs don't claim unless it's absolutely necessary and usually at a point where it's +ve to claim, such as when town's in a strong position to win, when town needs an IC to reduce the PoE or when it's almost impossible for the PR to be NK'd. Your play in this game reminded me of the last game a few of us here just finished, Hot Fuzz, in which one of the wolves was role-fishing very much like you did, and trying to force me to claim PR or not by putting me at threat of lynch. So that particular brand of tinfoil didn't help when I looked at your ISO and you talked so much about the PR needing to out themselves.
  12. Postgame#1171

    Thread: Forest Fire Mafia

    by El-ahrairah
    Replies
    1,176
    Views
    6,211

    Completed Yeah, I chuckled (no pun!) when I saw your post,...

    Quote Originally Posted by MrChuckleteeth (#1167)
    I had a suspicion El was FPSing when they softed treestump/not firefighter and I'm glad I went along with it. Unfortunately I misread DT and couldn't link that El/DT was TvS with my townread on El.
    Yeah, I chuckled (no pun!) when I saw your post, it reminded me of my own play in Hot Fuzz when I was like "Way to go on spewing yourself obviously not a cop, Batman" even though I'd already FoS'd him as a cop. I see people as spewing themselves not a PR generally a rookie mistake.

    And people hard-claiming NOT PR a really bad game move for providing cover But thanks for playing along and not blowing my cover. Every time I play VT I try to soft a PR to draw a NK and I always fail, so I thought this time I would just play like I am VT and to hell with it. Glad it worked!

    @Percy Like I said, don't sweat it! It is the wolves' MO to do whatever it takes to win, but that trick won't work on me again, you go back into the pile of people I can't easily read
  13. Postgame#1166

    Thread: Forest Fire Mafia

    by El-ahrairah
    Replies
    1,176
    Views
    6,211

    Completed It's a pre-planned break, I have too much stuff...

    Quote Originally Posted by DoubtingThomas (#1164)
    We did. This is our discord chat

    https://discord.gg/ejYEx2

    @El-ahrairah

    dont take a break man i came back just for u i just randed wolf 4/4 times
    It's a pre-planned break, I have too much stuff to do IRL and this place is too big a time sink!
  14. Replies
    58
    Views
    530

    Do you like Anime? If so, which are your favs? ...

    Do you like Anime? If so, which are your favs?

    What's your favourite breakfast food? Do you know of any "cures" for the common cold?
  15. Postgame#1161

    Thread: Forest Fire Mafia

    by El-ahrairah
    Replies
    1,176
    Views
    6,211

    Completed You and me both. I think when I start playing...

    Quote Originally Posted by Wisdom (#1159)
    Yeah, my Michelle/Chandra theory was way off and I should've just listened to my initial reads, even tho I still think my arguments were solid. But I was tired of being shut down when trying to push DT/Chem/Percy so I started tinfoiling I guess. Never thought Michelle was actually gonna hang tho.

    I was really an emotional roller coaster this game, and a train wreck at the start of each day since I both pulled lots of mislynches and thought the game was going to be over after n3. I really missed a lot of hours of sleep cause of this
    You and me both. I think when I start playing again in future I'm just gonna limit myself to 1 hour per day to play. Sinking 8 or 9 hours per day into this game is kinda pointless most of the time. And especially in a light game.
  16. Postgame#1158

    Thread: Forest Fire Mafia

    by El-ahrairah
    Replies
    1,176
    Views
    6,211

    Completed Preaching to the choir :thumbsup: Chandra...

    Quote Originally Posted by Chandra (#1154)
    Quote Originally Posted by Percy (#1153)
    I have never (in all the Mafia games I’ve ever played both here and elsewhere) deserved less to be part of a winning team of any alignment. Faced with a mathematically certain outcome, I will never understand how Town lost this game. Thank you to everyone that played and thank you to Empoof for hosting the game. I’ve frankly never felt this embarrassed in years...
    LOOOOOOL Percy rubbing salt in El's wounds.

    That's honestly bad manners. I can't believe it, lol.

    El will DEFINITELY not be getting pocketed by Percy any time soon after this game.
    Preaching to the choir

    @Chandra Also sorry I didn't listen to you from D1, you had a winning PoE and if we'd just followed it we would've won easily.

    @Wisdom sorry for making the wrong choice - in hindsight tho a lot of your decisions seemed to half wolf-motivation. Like allowing the Thomas/Chemist wagons to move onto Michelle. I know CFD is a thing but both players were so universally scumread by most of the game that a lynch there could've gone a massive way towards solving the game. And the wacky theatrics today, it was like a bad Oscars speech, sounded totally fake.

    @Percy Don't sweat it - if I was in your position I would probably have at least considered the possibility of maybe going for a full on pocket-play Sadly I'd convinced myself I knew your meta better than I actually do.

    @Impeaceful Mad props to you bro, even at the end of the game I couldn't find a reason to scumread you. It's just that you were the only one who made sense as W with Wisdom, so you did a really good job at projecting town and it helped me choose to protect you.

    Everyone else, well played. By last day I'd convinced myself my play was so $#@! that I'd never saved two townies (and for the love of god Town, stop claiming you're not PR! It makes it infinitely harder for actual PRs to hide. I cringed every time I saw a treestump claim) that the only thing that made sense was the wolves firing Primes into one town player to try and clear themselves. Chalk it up to this being the third consecutive game where most of my reads have been really bad, knocking my confidence in my own abilities.

    Ah well, time for a pre-planned break to Get $#@! Done IRL... and on the bright side, at least @Michelle and I found each other

    Thanks for hosting, Empoof, and for answering all my pestery questions about my role.
  17. Replies
    58
    Views
    530

    Sounds awesome! :3

    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle (#24)
    Quote Originally Posted by El-ahrairah (#19)
    Ooh ooh, describe your perfect day, from waking up in the morning to going to bed at night.

    In painstaking detail!
    Haha.. My perfect day is slightly aventurous. I have to be in a winter landscape, mountainous, snowy white ...

    The light who enters in the room at sunrise is waking me up, blowing up my lazyness.
    I am copying a cat's strech movements and i am going in the room where i heard the king goes alone. Skipping some details here.
    Few drops of water on my face and body (it's cold and wet -_-), teeth brushing and some cream on my skin to be protected against winter's cold.
    I am thirsty and i am drinking a lot of water, not because the TV said so each day at least 6 times in a day 7 days in a week...
    Breakfast is for quick energy with anything i find edible. I need to take with me chocolate and walnuts or almonds in my pockets for the moment i need a burst of energy.
    Because i hate to carry them, as heavy as they are, i don't have my own ski equipement so i am renting a pair of what i need directly at the ski slope.
    Is already 11 am and the sun melts slightly the snow, to make it's consistency perfect for winter sports.
    Climbing the mountain with a chairlift and watching the slope with little humans descending it on skis is often hilarious. There are always a local who is skiing beautifully and deserves admiration and a begginer who is falling at each attempt. I am in between.
    And when i am up i admire the breath taking lanscape, the small houses with red roof in the valley, the smoke from the chimnies and the train being the only moving things down there.
    A forest with big trees is in right and left of the slope and going downhill is a real happyness.Because i am doing this since i was 5 years old i am rarely falling and my style consists in a little slalom which is slowing me down because i like a moderate speed to not loose the control of the 2 skis.
    The descending is always shorter than i want it to be and soon i am repeating the chairlifting, admiring slope, going up, admiring landscape, going downhill and so on. Each descending is an adventure and is never boring, the time is like stopping it's flow and the white brings an ireal feeling of the sorroundings. The contact with the snow makes a fluid movement, a sensation of countinously slipping down. An inner peace takes control over any disturbing thought and feeling. Relaxation is complete.
    At a moment i am tired. Exhausted. I don't feel it and i am going on. The only rational thing is the clock. It says i should stop. I go with the equipement at the renting shop, and suddenly taking off the skies makes me a lot lighter and is like i am stepping on the moon.
    Now i feel i am hungry and the energy supplies are long gone so i am going with my family at our favourite restaurant.
    Watching everyone around the table makes me feel blessed. I usually command my favourite dishes and we like to share our food to taste everything. After a winter sport day i am eating like i never saw food in my entire life.
    After lunch we may walk in the small city i admired all day from the top of the slope.
    It's different and not so beautiful like it was looking from far away.
    At one moment we are going back to the hotel room and we are playing board or card games.
    But is always a moment when i am tired enough to not keep up with everyone and i go to bed while the others still can function.
    I fall into a dreamless sleep. If i am lucky i am dreaming myself skiing.
    Sounds awesome! :3
  18. Day 5#1126

    Thread: Forest Fire Mafia

    by El-ahrairah
    Replies
    1,176
    Views
    6,211

    Completed Really need to go to bed now. Percy I know...

    Really need to go to bed now.

    @Percy I know you've had misgivings about both Thomas and Wisdom today, but I don't see them being W/W together, and if I had to pick the most likely W, it would be Wisdom. This is based on her super-easy D1 TRs of a bunch of now-flipped towns on D1. Also the way she was SUPER role-fishing for the past 2 days - I haven't seen anybody role-fish that hard since Grackaroni in Hot Fuzz. Granted I haven't played any other games since Hot Fuzz, but you get the gist. I get the feeling that she thought I thought you were the PR and was trying to fish for reactions with her push on you yesterday. Also, Thomas' push of me felt dumb, but in a genuine dumb way. Like, Thomas could ACTUALLY tunnel like this, whereas Wisdom's on/off suspicion/tinfoil of me felt more calculated. She was also telling me things that I guess somebody thinks I would like to hear (if I'm wolf, I'm GOAT - lol, I already know) and she was considering voting me for best PR (even though my play this game has sucked maaaaajor ass, so double-lol)

    Also, Thomas does not make sense with Wisdom OR Imp, thus ruling out the potential number of worlds he can be wolf in. Whereas Wisdom/Imp makes a ton more sense, especially since how the hell do I get so lucky with my night saves? Basically never. I am not that good and not that lucky. Additionally, Thomas reached the same conclusion I did regarding Michelle and what her death means for town, independently. If he was a wolf, he could've used that conclusion to shade you instead of whichever remaining W was his packmate. But he didn't - he came to exactly the same conclusion, albeit eight hours later.

    So while I think you would be justified in suspecting Thomas, your vote has to be on Wisdom, because anything else is a lose today. We three townies have GOT to consolidate, or best case scenario, it rands between a town and a wolf. And I don't like them odds.

    If this is right then we'll be at F4/MYLO again tomorrow, in which case the lynch is always Imp.

    ##Vote Wisdom

    Both Michelle and Chuckles had been pushing a wolf-Wisdom world for days, and if Wisdom is wolf then I'm super sorry I didn't listen to them sooner.
  19. Day 5#1121

    Thread: Forest Fire Mafia

    by El-ahrairah
    Replies
    1,176
    Views
    6,211

    Completed Well I reached this conclusion like 8 hours ago...

    Quote Originally Posted by DoubtingThomas (#1118)
    Yeah, the scums have done an AMAZING job. I am not sure if by accident or not, but an AMAZING job of framing me like this. Honestly speaking, I think the team is actually Wisdom-Impeaceful. And that they are such an LHF that they $#@!ed the night action up, however towns have already $#@!ed so much up that the game became locked anyhow.
    Well I reached this conclusion like 8 hours ago but you just took forever to post

    If I run out of posts before EoD I will set my alarm for 1am and come back.
  20. Day 5#1120

    Thread: Forest Fire Mafia

    by El-ahrairah
    Replies
    1,176
    Views
    6,211

    Completed Alright, enough of this nonsense. This charade...

    Alright, enough of this nonsense. This charade has gone on long enough.

    El does an important post - read this before voting


    Ever since SoD, I’ve been asking myself a question: why Michelle?

    Knowing that Michelle was the only player to burn last night, that tells me that my other 2 protects were successful.

    But why was Michelle targeted in the first place? She’s a good and competitive player, but she is far more mislynchable than say, Chandra, or me. She’d asked questions of a lot of people, and we know now that some of her conclusions were incorrect. So why did scum feel so threatened by Michelle that they prioritised dousing her over any other player?

    Another question I’ve been asking myself since SoD is: when did I start making good decisions in the game? I’ve mislynched three townies. And yet somehow I managed to ID both Wisdom and Impeaceful as town, and also chose to protect them on exactly the same night that the wolves chose to prime them.

    I don’t believe in coincidences, and I don’t believe I’m that good (nor that lucky) at this game.

    Perhaps the answer is something far more simple:

    Quote Originally Posted by Empoof (#767)
    Question: Can the firefighter act consecutively, targeting the same person 2 nights in a row?

    • No.

    Question: Can the arsonists act consecutively, targeting the same person 2 nights in a row?

    • Yes.
    What if I never saved anybody? What if it was always the arsonist plan to fire multiple Ignites onto Michelle, so that if the Firefighter did protect a wolf, they would look like they were cleared? What if THAT is the only reason why Michelle was the only player to be ignited last night?


    Here’s a little secret: I never ever considered @Percy to be a wolf today. I pushed him because I wanted to 1) lull the wolves into a false sense of security, and 2) generate an indisputably town-telling reaction from him.

    I did indeed get a reaction. If Percy was a wolf, then at this stage in the game he would’ve already brought up this Michelle/protection theory himself to try and shift the suspicion away from himself. He would’ve brought up this theory because he would already know about it from carrying it out. Instead, he doesn’t know how to defend himself against a PoE that mechanically incriminates him.

    That’s town. Sorry Percy for the mind-games, but I didn’t survive this long just to waste what knowledge I have.


    Then we move onto Thomas. Even yesterday he was pushing a Wisdom/El world, even as Chemist was going down. If he was a wolf, why wouldn’t he just vote on Chemist like everyone else? His defence of Chemist makes him stand out. It draws attention to him. Kinda pointless IMO. He’s clearly not wolf with Imp. He can’t be wolfy with Percy who is town. And him being wolves with Wisdom makes no sense because she has prioritised his lynch over Percy’s today, which would be pointless for a wolf today as it adds an extra day to the game if they are packmates.


    Finally, we have this OTT weirdness from Wisdom:

    Quote Originally Posted by Wisdom (#1012)
    Michelle was primed on d1 and lynched on day 2. This is why scum didn't ignite on N3.

    Meaning THOSE WHO VOTED MICHELLE ARE TOWN AND THOSE PROTECTING HER ARE SCUM.

    Yes!!!

    I'm sorry El, but you've lost.

    @Impeaceful @DoubtingThomas claim firefighter, vote El and we win.
    Wisdom uses Michelle’s lynch to clear herself and Thomas because she needs another town to vote with her.

    However, if Michelle was always the intended sink for the Ignite actions, it wouldn’t matter if she was alive as a voting player, or just around as a tree stump. Because tree stumps CAN be primed for ignition, so they could just keep sinking ignites into Michelle.

    Meanwhile, Chemist and Thomas followed her onto Michelle, which made them both look equally bad.


    So, this is my take-away from all the nonsense of today.

    Percy is town.

    Thomas is town, and today’s sacrificial lamb.

    Wisdom has been manipulating lynches and ignites since D1, and controlling the thread as much as possible with her presence to make up for the lack of thread presence from her packmate Imp.


    Lynch Wisdom today. Lynch Imp tomorrow. Win game.
  21. Day 5#1116

    Thread: Forest Fire Mafia

    by El-ahrairah
    Replies
    1,176
    Views
    6,211

    Completed Okay, thanks. DoubtingThomas Your turn...

    Okay, thanks.

    @DoubtingThomas

    Your turn now.

    Who you wanna vote today, who you wanna vote tomorrow, and why.
  22. Day 5#1112

    Thread: Forest Fire Mafia

    by El-ahrairah
    Replies
    1,176
    Views
    6,211

    Completed FFS, No. There are 12+ hours of this day left,...

    Quote Originally Posted by Impeaceful (#1111)
    Yeah guys don't vote yet. We can maybe give DT 30 minutes to come on? Anytime after that i'm voting them. I feel like a stupid idiot for scumreading them on d2 i think and then voting them and then not getting them lynched.
    FFS, No. There are 12+ hours of this day left, and Thomas is on America-time. It can wait 3 hours. It can wait 5 or 7 or 12.

    If necessary, go sleep and then we'll sort it out in the morning.

    Don't make me waste more posts saying it again.
  23. Day 5#1110

    Thread: Forest Fire Mafia

    by El-ahrairah
    Replies
    1,176
    Views
    6,211

    Completed Under no circumstances should you put your vote...

    Quote Originally Posted by Impeaceful (#1106)
    Michelle's death was not in the thread summary so i did not realise. I will pay more attention in the future. Thank you.
    Are you guys ready to vote DT?
    Under no circumstances should you put your vote down before Wisdom, and not before Thomas and Percy have had chance to speak either.

    I'm gonna have to go a little quiet now as I'm running out of posts.

    @DoubtingThomas @Percy

    Input pls.
  24. Day 5#1107

    Thread: Forest Fire Mafia

    by El-ahrairah
    Replies
    1,176
    Views
    6,211

    Completed No. I want to hear from both Percy and Thomas...

    Quote Originally Posted by Impeaceful (#1106)
    Michelle's death was not in the thread summary so i did not realise. I will pay more attention in the future. Thank you.
    Are you guys ready to vote DT?
    No. I want to hear from both Percy and Thomas before anybody votes.
  25. Day 5#1104

    Thread: Forest Fire Mafia

    by El-ahrairah
    Replies
    1,176
    Views
    6,211

    Completed I'd prefer it if Imp voted after you but before...

    Quote Originally Posted by Wisdom (#1102)
    I'd prefer if you voted first so that me and El, who created this plan, can follow through without being afraid that you'll mess it up in some way.
    I'd prefer it if Imp voted after you but before me.

    But not right now. I'm waiting to hear back from Percy and Thomas needs to give his final words now that everyone has checked in.
  26. Day 5#1103

    Thread: Forest Fire Mafia

    by El-ahrairah
    Replies
    1,176
    Views
    6,211

    Completed :facepalm: Because she's dead. Town players...

    Quote Originally Posted by Impeaceful (#1099)
    Quote Originally Posted by El-ahrairah (#1089)
    That sounds sensible, but let's wait for Impeaceful to read up and confirm he's onboard with the plan. I don't want him going off half-cocked becaused he missed something relevant. No telling what could potentially be screwed up tomorrow -__-
    I thought Wisdom was scum because they townread me throughout the game and then scumread me now. I don't even know why they townread me throughout the game or why they scumread me now.
    How do you know the scum primed Michelle? Do you get a message for every successful douse that you did?


    Because she's dead.

    Town players who are lynched can come back as a tree stump - which Michelle already did.

    Town players who are ignited can NOT come back after death.

    This is all in the OP. Please read it.
  27. Day 5#1098

    Thread: Forest Fire Mafia

    by El-ahrairah
    Replies
    1,176
    Views
    6,211

    Completed No, the OP says: Also, could you respond...

    Quote Originally Posted by Percy (#1095)
    Is it possible the Wolf Team didn’t douse every night?
    No, the OP says:

    Arsonist actions are mandatory. Mafia must submit either a prime or ignite action each night, or a random player outside their faction will be chosen for priming.

    Also, could you respond to this?

    Quote Originally Posted by El-ahrairah (#1079)
    Quote Originally Posted by Percy (#100)
    Hello, @El-ahrairah I’m saddened that our last game we were unable to find each other despite the fact we were both Town I deeply hope that won’t happen here...
    Quote Originally Posted by Percy (#148)
    I don’t know whether it’s the feeling of intimacy this game or something else but I feel better about you this game - you seem a little more focussed and to me, that’s a sign of Town El. I still have a headache and will be off to bed soon but I feel a trifle lost here right now. Personally, I feel more than a little gullible after last game - it may have shaken my confidence here
    @Percy FMPOV this seems like classic town!Percy. Genuine and open. I don't think wolf!Percy is sneaky and underhanded enough to use the experience from our last game to try and falsely win my trust and my sympathy like this.

    Am I wrong? Have I under-estimated wolf!Percy's sneaky tactics?
  28. Day 5#1094

    Thread: Forest Fire Mafia

    by El-ahrairah
    Replies
    1,176
    Views
    6,211

    Completed Thanks Percy. I had a feeling you'd figure me...

    Quote Originally Posted by Percy (#1093)
    @El-ahrairah: How are things with you, my friend? I see you claimed Fire-Fighter? I’ll let you in on a little secret, I’d figured you were yesterday. I couldn’t figure out how the Fire-Fighter hadn’t claimed yesterday (as I think for 99% of players, they would’ve. I would’ve). The only player I could imagine having concocted a reason not to, was you. Consequently, I have little trouble in accepting the veracity of your claim. I think we’ve been supremely fortunate that our sole power role ended up in such capable hands.
    Thanks Percy. I had a feeling you'd figure me out. Mind weighing in on who you think the wolves are? We can't afford a mistake today.
  29. Day 5#1089

    Thread: Forest Fire Mafia

    by El-ahrairah
    Replies
    1,176
    Views
    6,211

    Completed That sounds sensible, but let's wait for...

    That sounds sensible, but let's wait for Impeaceful to read up and confirm he's onboard with the plan. I don't want him going off half-cocked becaused he missed something relevant. No telling what could potentially be screwed up tomorrow -__-
  30. Day 5#1087

    Thread: Forest Fire Mafia

    by El-ahrairah
    Replies
    1,176
    Views
    6,211

    Completed Why do you think I've been trying to generate...

    Quote Originally Posted by Wisdom (#1086)
    Tell me if I'm wrong here? Tell me why we shouldn't just kill DT + Percy and autowin?
    Why do you think I've been trying to generate reactions from everybody today? Even if we lynch a wolf today, we still have another to lynch tomorrow, and wolf-spew would be useful (even though I already knew the results of my actions cleared certain players)

    Do you think it matters whether we lynch DT or Percy today? I read an MU article on the importance on lynch order put with the PoE reduced due to my saves I'm not sure it's even relevant.
  31. Day 5#1085

    Thread: Forest Fire Mafia

    by El-ahrairah
    Replies
    1,176
    Views
    6,211

    Completed Impeaceful I want you to consider this: ...

    @Impeaceful I want you to consider this:

    Michelle was primed to ignite. Chances are she was probably primed on N1.

    Michelle is the only death-by-fire that we've had, despite the scum having 3 nights to prime people.

    That means when I 'doused' you on N2, I correctly guessed you were town and saved you from being primed.

    And when I doused Wisdom on N3, I correctly guessed that she was town and I also saved her from being primed.

    So that when the wolves Ignited last night, the only player they killed was Michelle, because I had done my job properly (about the only good choices I made in this game)

    Do you REALLY think Wisdom can be scum, given this information?
  32. Day 5#1079

    Thread: Forest Fire Mafia

    by El-ahrairah
    Replies
    1,176
    Views
    6,211

    Completed Percy FMPOV this seems like classic town!Percy....

    Quote Originally Posted by Percy (#100)
    Hello, @El-ahrairah I’m saddened that our last game we were unable to find each other despite the fact we were both Town I deeply hope that won’t happen here...
    Quote Originally Posted by Percy (#148)
    I don’t know whether it’s the feeling of intimacy this game or something else but I feel better about you this game - you seem a little more focussed and to me, that’s a sign of Town El. I still have a headache and will be off to bed soon but I feel a trifle lost here right now. Personally, I feel more than a little gullible after last game - it may have shaken my confidence here
    @Percy FMPOV this seems like classic town!Percy. Genuine and open. I don't think wolf!Percy is sneaky and underhanded enough to use the experience from our last game to try and falsely win my trust and my sympathy like this.

    Am I wrong? Have I under-estimated wolf!Percy's sneaky tactics?
  33. Day 5#1074

    Thread: Forest Fire Mafia

    by El-ahrairah
    Replies
    1,176
    Views
    6,211

    Completed I'm confirmed because it says YOU ARE THE TOWN...

    Quote Originally Posted by Impeaceful (#1071)
    Excuse me, but why are you confirmed? Is it because you stated 'i am firefighter' that you are the firefighter and there is no possibility that you are lying?
    I'm confirmed because it says YOU ARE THE TOWN FIREFIGHTER on my role card.

    If you think I'm lying then where the hell is the Firefighter? Did they just magically wander out of the game and get forgotten? Did the host change the setup mid-game and go "yeah we started with a firefighter but let's forget that $#@! and just go Mountainous"?

    Jesus, seriously, do you have no idea how basic flips work?
  34. Day 5#1067

    Thread: Forest Fire Mafia

    by El-ahrairah
    Replies
    1,176
    Views
    6,211

    Completed Holy $#@!, are you actually this dense or are you...

    Quote Originally Posted by Impeaceful (#1064)
    In conclusion, i think that we should lynch El in the 1st pair that i mentioned. I'll vote them if no-one states otherwise.
    Holy $#@!, are you actually this dense or are you just a wolf trying to play the part of dense villager?

    I AM THE FIREFIGHTER

    I am an innocent child, the only confirmed town this village actually has. If any dead player was the firefighter their role card would have said "THIS PERSON WAS THE FIREFIGHTER" because that is how open setups work. And I've seen you hosting games so you must have at least some basic grasp of open and closed setups and I struggle to believe this BS is actually real thoughts.
  35. Day 5#1065

    Thread: Forest Fire Mafia

    by El-ahrairah
    Replies
    1,176
    Views
    6,211

    Completed View Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Wisdom (#1062)
    @El-ahrairah what's your take on this?

    Quote Originally Posted by El-ahrairah (#1060)
    I don't want to know "I think X and Y are scum together" - I want to know everyone thinks we should specifically lynch TODAY out of whoever they think X and Y are scum together.
  36. Day 5#1061

    Thread: Forest Fire Mafia

    by El-ahrairah
    Replies
    1,176
    Views
    6,211

    Completed And if Percy did do something as utterly stupid...

    Quote Originally Posted by Wisdom (#1059)
    El, unless Percy claims firefighter, you're it.
    And if Percy did do something as utterly stupid as claim firefighter, you would instantly believe him over me?

    Because that's what you seem to be saying. Even though you pushed and voted Percy yesterday, to the extent I had to threaten you to get off him, under the reasoning of "testing for reactions", even though you've been tinfoiling ALL GAME that me/Percy are W together, you would insta-vote me if Percy did claim?

    I won't be responding further to you until you answer my ping above.
  37. Day 5#1060

    Thread: Forest Fire Mafia

    by El-ahrairah
    Replies
    1,176
    Views
    6,211

    Completed DoubtingThomas Impeaceful Percy Wisdom This is...

    Quote Originally Posted by El-ahrairah (#1015)
    @Impeaceful @DoubtingThomas @Percy

    Whenever you're ready:

    1) Who you want to vote today

    2) Who you think we need to vote tomorrow if we hit scum today

    3) Why

    Once everyone has checked in and responded I'll let you know the order in which people will put down their votes today, and anybody voting outside of that order will be insta-lynched.

    Wisdom, still waiting for your input on this too. I know you've been TOO UBER EXCITED to think straight but it's time to contribute something meaningful.
    @DoubtingThomas @Impeaceful @Percy @Wisdom

    This is not a massive ask.

    Today I'm gonna do some ISO dives to see if I can rule out W/W pairings on interactions.

    In the meantime, please answer the above. I don't want to know "I think X and Y are scum together" - I want to know everyone thinks we should specifically lynch TODAY out of whoever they think X and Y are scum together.
  38. Day 5#1046

    Thread: Forest Fire Mafia

    by El-ahrairah
    Replies
    1,176
    Views
    6,211

    Completed Okie dokie. I'm off to bed now; hopefully...

    Quote Originally Posted by DoubtingThomas (#1045)
    ima wait until @Percy and @Impeaceful to show up before i say something.
    Okie dokie. I'm off to bed now; hopefully Australia wakes up soon.
  39. Day 5#1041

    Thread: Forest Fire Mafia

    by El-ahrairah
    Replies
    1,176
    Views
    6,211

    Completed I made a case on Chuckles, but I didn't push him...

    Quote Originally Posted by Wisdom (#1038)
    Every time I've seen that a mislynch happened, I've thought that it was El's fault because he pushed that mislynch so hard.
    I made a case on Chuckles, but I didn't push him hard because it wasn't all that strong a read.

    YOU mislynched Michelle. She was clear town to me.

    I pushed hard on Chandra but you claimed to be more sure of her being scum than you were of Chemist/DT being a pairing.

    I threatened to vote you if you didn't lynch Chemist, but you had a vote on practically EVERYBODY yesterday, and methinks the lady did not protesteth too loudly.

    Your forgiveness is neither wanted or needed. I'm not sorry for playing to the best of my ability, even if my ability was $#@! this time around.
  40. Day 5#1037

    Thread: Forest Fire Mafia

    by El-ahrairah
    Replies
    1,176
    Views
    6,211

    Completed Sorry, no offence was intended, but I've seen you...

    Quote Originally Posted by Chemist1422 (#1036)
    I’m not trying to guilt trip you or anything but whenever I think about this game I get mad about you repeatedly insulting my play

    This has been like constantly happening over the last two weeks or so and I’m a bit tired of it
    Sorry, no offence was intended, but I've seen you play really really well in the past, so now seeing you in this game kinda felt like you'd just randed wolf too many times and didn't give a $#@! about playing, trying to solve or trying to help town find you.

    Of course, now I know you're Town and were probably just a combination of busy and burned out. Still, I think it was a really bad decision to sign up for a game when you knew you'd be on vacation. Unless you didn't know and you just got randomly surprised with IMPROMPTU MYSTERY VACATION in which case huzzah and hurrah and why do I never get pleasant surprises like that?
  41. Day 5#1035

    Thread: Forest Fire Mafia

    by El-ahrairah
    Replies
    1,176
    Views
    6,211

    Completed I CAN'T, YOU'RE THE ONLY ONE ITT I CAN TRUST RN ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Chemist1422 (#1034)
    Quote Originally Posted by El-ahrairah (#1033)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemist1422 (#1032)
    imo it’s kinda obvious what’s going on here

    Wisdom didn’t think to wait for s CC on El before pushing him because Wisdom is the firefighter.
    Chemist: dead townie, wolf MVP

    *slowclap.gif*
    oh my god leave me alone

    Also that post was a reaction test, I don’t think that’s true anymore
    I CAN'T, YOU'RE THE ONLY ONE ITT I CAN TRUST RN

    Also I'm bored and was supposed to take one of my dogs mantrailing but it got cancelled due to incoming thunderstorm. Probs just gonna crack open a bottle of pinot grigio and drink until somebody else shows up.
  42. Day 5#1033

    Thread: Forest Fire Mafia

    by El-ahrairah
    Replies
    1,176
    Views
    6,211

    Completed Chemist: dead townie, wolf MVP *slowclap.gif*

    Quote Originally Posted by Chemist1422 (#1032)
    imo it’s kinda obvious what’s going on here

    Wisdom didn’t think to wait for s CC on El before pushing him because Wisdom is the firefighter.
    Chemist: dead townie, wolf MVP

    *slowclap.gif*
  43. Day 5#1031

    Thread: Forest Fire Mafia

    by El-ahrairah
    Replies
    1,176
    Views
    6,211

    Completed I mean I put a big red banner on it so it would...

    I mean I put a big red banner on it so it would be REALLY hard to miss....
  44. Day 5#1030

    Thread: Forest Fire Mafia

    by El-ahrairah
    Replies
    1,176
    Views
    6,211

    Completed :| You must have missed the part where I'm the...

    Quote Originally Posted by MrChuckleteeth (#1029)
    Maybe 1 scum in El/Wisdom?

    I don't see them being W/W


    You must have missed the part where I'm the Town Firefighter.
  45. Day 5#1024

    Thread: Forest Fire Mafia

    by El-ahrairah
    Replies
    1,176
    Views
    6,211

    Completed Sorry for the mislynch but your play this game...

    Quote Originally Posted by Chemist1422 (#1022)
    wait for check-ins before you vote

    I’m waiting before I give any strong opinions like that
    Sorry for the mislynch but your play this game has been absolute balls. Yours is the one mislynch I've been involved in that I don't actually regret.

    Chuckles and Chandra, much sadness.
  46. Day 5#1021

    Thread: Forest Fire Mafia

    by El-ahrairah
    Replies
    1,176
    Views
    6,211

    Completed Okay. I'm going to ignore you for now; I can't...

    Okay. I'm going to ignore you for now; I can't waste further posts responding to your lolcatting. Feel free to do that thing you do, if you like.
  47. Day 5#1019

    Thread: Forest Fire Mafia

    by El-ahrairah
    Replies
    1,176
    Views
    6,211

    Completed Oh wow, that must mean that it can't be...

    Quote Originally Posted by Wisdom (#1017)
    Maybe I wasn't loud enough.

    THOSE TRYING TO SAVE MICHELLE ON DAY 2 WERE SCUM SINCE THEY HAD PRIMED HER

    = DOUBTINGTHOMAS IS 100% TOWN
    Oh wow, that must mean that it can't be Thomas/Imp and it must be me/Percy!

    Better get your vote down on one of us ASAP. Really show everyone that you mean it!
  48. Day 5#1015

    Thread: Forest Fire Mafia

    by El-ahrairah
    Replies
    1,176
    Views
    6,211

    Completed LOL Okay Wisdom Impeaceful DoubtingThomas...

    Quote Originally Posted by Wisdom (#1013)

    I'm sorry that I can't nominate you for best scum performance, is what I mean.
    LOL

    Okay Wisdom

    @Impeaceful @DoubtingThomas @Percy

    Whenever you're ready:

    1) Who you want to vote today

    2) Who you think we need to vote tomorrow if we hit scum today

    3) Why

    Once everyone has checked in and responded I'll let you know the order in which people will put down their votes today, and anybody voting outside of that order will be insta-lynched.

    Wisdom, still waiting for your input on this too. I know you've been TOO UBER EXCITED to think straight but it's time to contribute something meaningful.
  49. Day 5#1011

    Thread: Forest Fire Mafia

    by El-ahrairah
    Replies
    1,176
    Views
    6,211

    Completed Why are you sorry? The appropriate response to...

    Quote Originally Posted by Wisdom (#1008)
    El I'm sorry but your claim makes no sense.

    It was pre-written, yet you only listed three nights. The most likely reason for that is because the scum primed three people and you failed your claim because when you wrote it you thought you hade won anyway and you got sloppy.
    Why are you sorry?

    The appropriate response to believing you caught a wolf in a scumslip is not sorrow.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wisdom (#1010)
    Quote Originally Posted by El-ahrairah (#1007)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wisdom (#1006)
    Well yes. It's possible but improbable.
    Talk me through how it's improbable.
    Well, based on your "Percy is 100% town" mostly. Either you're both town or you're both scum. Would be hilarious if he counterclaimed firefighter tho.
    Well I've been wrong on all my scum reads so far, so could I be wrong on Percy too?
  50. Day 5#1009

    Thread: Forest Fire Mafia

    by El-ahrairah
    Replies
    1,176
    Views
    6,211

    Completed I started writing it 50 seconds before Day...

    Quote Originally Posted by Wisdom (#1008)
    El I'm sorry but your claim makes no sense.

    It was pre-written, yet you only listed three nights. The most likely reason for that is because the scum primed three people and you failed your claim because when you wrote it you thought you hade won anyway and you got sloppy.
    I started writing it 50 seconds before Day started and only listed 3 nights because I was in such a rush to get it ready for SoD that I missed one of my PMs to the host in my inbox.

    But I eagerly await somebody else claiming Firefighter so we have at least 1 confirmed wolf to lynch today.
Results 1 to 50 of 3000
Page 1 of 60 1 2 3 4
about us
Mafia Universe is a community hub for people who enjoy playing the forum variant of Mafia (also known as Werewolf). We offer fully automated Mafia games and a wide variety of customized features crafted to optimize your game experience. We also proudly host the Internet's only database of Mafia/Werewolf communities.

We hope you stick around!
Role of the Day
Disguiser

The Disguiser is a mafia-aligned player that may target a player every night. If the target dies on that night, the Disguiser will steal their identity.