Search:

Type: Posts; User: Makaze

Page 1 of 60 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 0.06 seconds.

  1. Replies
    14
    Views
    234

    I suppose it is not very different from how much...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezradekezra (#14)
    Quote Originally Posted by Makaze (#13)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezradekezra (#12)
    Quote Originally Posted by Makaze (#11)
    That is true of the Town, but Mafia win condition generally implies the elimination of all other factions.
    Neutral Independent roles generally aren't considered factions for this purpose though
    Depends on host decisions then. In the case you suggest, Jester's win condition is very limited and has to happen quickly unless it is a multiball game.
    I don't think that's true unless it's a very small setup or the Town absolutely stomps

    5 days or so is usually enough to get yourself lynched if you play well enough
    I suppose it is not very different from how much time the Town or Mafia has. Point taken.
  2. Replies
    14
    Views
    234

    Depends on host decisions then. In the case you...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezradekezra (#12)
    Quote Originally Posted by Makaze (#11)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezradekezra (#10)
    Quote Originally Posted by Makaze (#8)
    It depends on the mafia's win condition. If it is parity, then yes, the game would end ahead of time. Otherwise, it would continue until all win conditions had been resolved or become impossible. If I was hosting, at any rate.
    In my experience, roles like these would have their wincons declared impossible once the Town or Mafia reaches their win condition (unless they've already won), though. If a Jester, a Serial Killer, and 3 VTs are alive, and the Serial Killer is lynched, the game would end with a Town win instead of continuing onward.
    That is true of the Town, but Mafia win condition generally implies the elimination of all other factions.
    Neutral Independent roles generally aren't considered factions for this purpose though
    Depends on host decisions then. In the case you suggest, Jester's win condition is very limited and has to happen quickly unless it is a multiball game.
  3. Replies
    14
    Views
    234

    That is true of the Town, but Mafia win condition...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezradekezra (#10)
    Quote Originally Posted by Makaze (#8)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezradekezra (#7)
    Quote Originally Posted by Makaze (#6)
    Their wincon is a joke. On the plus side they are guaranteed to achieve their goal if the mafia are the only ones alive.
    Wouldn't the game have ended with a Mafia win by that point? Neutral Independents generally don't continue the game when they're alive iirc.

    Also, the point of recommending the Vengeful modifier for a Jester is to add an incentive to not kill it. ToS Jester deals an unstoppable attack to one of its guilty voters the next night, for instance.
    It depends on the mafia's win condition. If it is parity, then yes, the game would end ahead of time. Otherwise, it would continue until all win conditions had been resolved or become impossible. If I was hosting, at any rate.
    In my experience, roles like these would have their wincons declared impossible once the Town or Mafia reaches their win condition (unless they've already won), though. If a Jester, a Serial Killer, and 3 VTs are alive, and the Serial Killer is lynched, the game would end with a Town win instead of continuing onward.
    That is true of the Town, but Mafia win condition generally implies the elimination of all other factions.
  4. Replies
    14
    Views
    234

    It depends on the mafia's win condition. If it is...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezradekezra (#7)
    Quote Originally Posted by Makaze (#6)
    Quote Originally Posted by Guillotina (#5)
    Nah not Jester unless they can win ending the game because otherwise their wincon is a joke.
    Their wincon is a joke. On the plus side they are guaranteed to achieve their goal if the mafia are the only ones alive.
    Wouldn't the game have ended with a Mafia win by that point? Neutral Independents generally don't continue the game when they're alive iirc.

    Also, the point of recommending the Vengeful modifier for a Jester is to add an incentive to not kill it. ToS Jester deals an unstoppable attack to one of its guilty voters the next night, for instance.
    It depends on the mafia's win condition. If it is parity, then yes, the game would end ahead of time. Otherwise, it would continue until all win conditions had been resolved or become impossible. If I was hosting, at any rate.
  5. Replies
    14
    Views
    234

    Their wincon is a joke. On the plus side they are...

    Quote Originally Posted by Guillotina (#5)
    Nah not Jester unless they can win ending the game because otherwise their wincon is a joke.
    Their wincon is a joke. On the plus side they are guaranteed to achieve their goal if the mafia are the only ones alive.
  6. Replies
    5
    Views
    190

    I don't see you in that game.

    I don't see you in that game.
  7. Replies
    5
    Views
    192

    Aaah. Yeah, this infinite scroll doesn't actually...

    Quote Originally Posted by Twice Shrunk (#4)
    I mean the bottom part of the page you see (w/ the page numbers and stuff you also see at the top of the page) after you finish the page when infinite scrolling is turned off.

    (I used default to refer to what it was originally before the change).
    Aaah. Yeah, this infinite scroll doesn't actually change anything other than you not having to click through the pages. So you will not be able to refresh to keep your place, and clicking next page won't help. But I think that is fine because of what infinite scrolling is, I think?
  8. Replies
    5
    Views
    192

    What do you mean by "Default screen"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Twice Shrunk (#2)
    Yes!

    One thing I noticed is that after every page, the screen flashes the default screen after you finish a page (w/o infinite scrolling), which you barely even notice, but thought I'd point it out.
    What do you mean by "Default screen"?
  9. Replies
    5
    Views
    192

    New Option: Infinite Scroll (Threads Only)

    For those of you who like the infinite scrolling nature of other sites, there is now an option for this under General Settings -> Thread Viewing.

    Infinite scrolling only works on threads as of right now.
  10. Replies
    1
    Views
    58

    Resolved That's correct. You can't open a retro in a new...

    Quote Originally Posted by Venti (#1)
    Hi!

    When going through "Vote history" in a game, and you right-click on the link that is titled "Get Votecounts" and click "open link in new tab", instead of sending you to the retrospective, it sends you to the vote.

    Thanks
    That's correct. You can't open a retro in a new tab.
  11. Replies
    31
    Views
    510

    Resolved the issues.

    Resolved the issues.
  12. Replies
    31
    Views
    510

    What browser are you using?

    What browser are you using?
  13. Replies
    31
    Views
    510

    It is working for me... Which threads?

    It is working for me...

    Which threads?
  14. Replies
    31
    Views
    510

    It's under General Settings->Thread Viewing...

    It's under General Settings->Thread Viewing Options. A picture is in the OP.
  15. Replies
    31
    Views
    510

    Settings.

    Quote Originally Posted by Myth (#21)
    Quote Originally Posted by Makaze (#20)
    Quote Originally Posted by Myth (#19)
    Quote Originally Posted by Makaze (#18)
    Explain?
    The pop up with new post notifications just stopped showing up
    Check your settings under User CP.
    Sorry, what does user CP mean?
    Settings.
  16. Replies
    2
    Views
    92

    Toggle Added: Blank Avatar Placeholder

    You can now disable/hide the avatar placeholder boxes using an option under the User CP.

  17. Replies
    31
    Views
    510

    Check your settings under User CP.

    Quote Originally Posted by Myth (#19)
    Quote Originally Posted by Makaze (#18)
    Quote Originally Posted by Myth (#17)
    Fedature stopped working for me =(
    Explain?
    The pop up with new post notifications just stopped showing up
    Check your settings under User CP.
  18. Replies
    31
    Views
    510

    Explain?

    Quote Originally Posted by Myth (#17)
    Feature stopped working for me =(
    Explain?
  19. Replies
    1
    Views
    90

    Please do, and link the threads.

    Quote Originally Posted by evakyoo (#1)
    Heya!!

    When I use Mafia Universe on mobile and refresh the page of a thread, some posts are duplicating.
    I can provide screenshots if need be!! ^o^

    Thanks~~
    Please do, and link the threads.
  20. Replies
    31
    Views
    510

    I believe I've fixed this.

    Quote Originally Posted by Apogee (#15)
    This is awesome btw

    Not sure if its related, but I've gotten a thing recently where pressing reload like twice without refreshing the page sometimes (haven't researched exactly when) will reload posts that have already be reloaded?

    So something like this:

    Post 1
    Post 2
    Post 3

    ----- have icon with two new posts, press reload,
    post 4
    post 5
    ------ have another icon for new posts, press reload

    post 4
    post 5
    post 6
    ......
    I believe I've fixed this.
  21. Replies
    31
    Views
    510

    Done. It's a different thing in the top left.

    Done. It's a different thing in the top left.
  22. Replies
    31
    Views
    510

    What do you have in mind?

    Quote Originally Posted by Myth (#6)
    Would it be possible to implement something similar that works on mobile as well? The feature is awesome and very useful
    What do you have in mind?
  23. Replies
    31
    Views
    510

    The default has been changed to Enabled and the...

    The default has been changed to Enabled and the refresh rate has been changed to 5 seconds since most people will be refreshing near EODs anyway.
  24. Replies
    31
    Views
    510

    Unread Replies Notification in Site Icon



    You can now see the number of new posts in the current thread by looking at the site icon. To change this option, go to the Show Unread Replies in Site Icon option in your General Settings under User CP.



    The count will update every 5 seconds.
  25. Postgame#208

    Thread: Turbo Great Modding

    by Makaze
    Replies
    207
    Views
    1,024

    Completed Fixed

    Quote Originally Posted by benneh (#72)
    0 new post(s)
    0 new post(s)
    0 new post(s)
    0 new post(s)

    gdit makaze
    Fixed
  26. https://www.smbc-comics.com/comics/1580388960-2020...

    Quote Originally Posted by Quick (#29)
    I'm interested in what other "good" players have to say about my article. I'll leave that up to you if you think you are "good" at this game or not.

    I know I had my disagreement with Makaze (who I would say knows Mafia theory well), and I don't expect universal acceptance, but just looking for more honest opinions really.
  27. Day 1#3454

    Thread: Constellations Team Mafia

    by Makaze
    Replies
    17,117
    Views
    186,886

    Completed I think I proved myself wrong, let me know if...

    Quote Originally Posted by Makaze (#1710)
    Quote Originally Posted by iaafr (#1702)
    Quote Originally Posted by katze (#1693)
    wtf i put schiavatto on ignore and i still see this $%#!

    god dammit
    the reload feature doesnt work with ignore

    it's very unfortunate

    @Makaze fixable?
    It's a proprietary add-on, so I would have to remake the reload feature on my own to fix this.
    I think I proved myself wrong, let me know if there are any issues in a new feedback thread.
  28. Replies
    15
    Views
    318

    Resolved Should be fixed now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Guillotina (#15)
    Oh man, now I load my game in the modbot index and all the roles have treestump on them lol.

    Am I gonna have to re-do them all?
    Should be fixed now.
  29. Day 1#1710

    Thread: Constellations Team Mafia

    by Makaze
    Replies
    17,117
    Views
    186,886

    Completed It's a proprietary add-on, so I would have to...

    Quote Originally Posted by iaafr (#1702)
    Quote Originally Posted by katze (#1693)
    wtf i put schiavatto on ignore and i still see this $%#!

    god dammit
    the reload feature doesnt work with ignore

    it's very unfortunate

    @Makaze fixable?
    It's a proprietary add-on, so I would have to remake the reload feature on my own to fix this.
  30. Replies
    15
    Views
    318

    Resolved This probably still needs tested extensively to...

    This probably still needs tested extensively to make sure GY access is granted at the correct time/not immediately for all types of death.
  31. Replies
    15
    Views
    318

    Resolved Done.

  32. Replies
    15
    Views
    318

    Resolved What kind of conditions?

    What kind of conditions?
  33. Replies
    15
    Views
    318

    Resolved Do you want them to die and then stay dead after...

    Quote Originally Posted by katze (#6)
    i cant tell if this is a legitimate question as to what i want from the suggestion or a "how could you do this to me"

    so uhm

    why i suggested non-permanent treestumps:
    i believe a treestump is overpowered in any setup that, in dying D1/N1 as one, it is expected to live for like... 4+ more phases

    a role like this randing on a strong villager is just kinda insane

    where the same concept of a stumped strong player is scary even if they can only speak for one phase it's not completely unfun to play against

    i've always kinda been interested in setups with stumps but i cant really see myself ever hosting an automated one with a stump in its current form, i did this before in the subforum sonic game i ran because i kinda only added it because i wanted to show the functionality of modbot and it was only a 13p (and then it endgamed so we can pretend it didnt happen)

    why i am doing this to you: i am evil and enjoy causing people pain

    either way i figure i report the bug i found while testing it earlier
    Do you want them to die and then stay dead after a certain time, or are they getting stumped and then coming back to life?

    I'm not clear on the full mechanic you are going for.
  34. Replies
    15
    Views
    318

    Resolved Why are you doing this?

    Why are you doing this?
  35. I would contend that PRs introduce a level of...

    Quote Originally Posted by Quick (#17)
    Quote Originally Posted by Makaze (#16)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quick (#15)
    Quote Originally Posted by Makaze (#14)
    I'm somewhat against false check mechanics and prefer mechanics that don't lie, like motion detector, tracker, or replacing godfather and miller with multiple investigation immune roles (e.g. 3 investigation immune town and one investigation immune mafia) so that results are ambiguous without being lies.
    Well, I'm not an expert at making setups. I'm not actually an expert at anything in Mafia (but that's besides the point). If we are talking mechanical clears/guilties, then those are definitely possible in the game I am making, but not just from one post. It would take more than one claim to get a confirmed guilty in my setup. And my game doesn't have Godfather or Miller either as I consider those bastard roles. I'd divulge more, but it's still getting looked at in the setup private section.
    My original criticism stems from putting claims of mechanical results on the same level as catching mafia in subjective ways. Even false claims of mechanical results have vastly different impacts on the game than false claims of subjective catches because they do not rely on subjective beliefs.
    I hear what you are saying, but I'd say my article focuses more on the psychological impacts of level of content for the whole game rather than just what is known by the player producing the content.

    If I have you right, High Content posts are not possible in Mountainous setups. Would you say that is accurate for you?

    It's probably partly my fault that I said High Content posts include guilties. If I would have left guilties out of the equation, then you probably wouldn't have this criticism. I think you are right that claims are different than other kinds of content, but I wanted to leave room for very good posts that were able to be made apart from guilty claims.

    Maybe this is a difference in philosophy. I personally am a player who thinks PRs can conflate how a game might otherwise be played without them. I think PRs are fun sometimes, but I'd prefer PRs to only aid in helping Town and not be the most important part of the game. In the end, I still want the game to be won or lost based on Scum hunting and not won because one faction has used their abilities better than the other. But maybe that is personal preference.
    I would contend that PRs introduce a level of content above your article, but that problem is resolved in mountainous.
  36. My original criticism stems from putting claims...

    Quote Originally Posted by Quick (#15)
    Quote Originally Posted by Makaze (#14)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quick (#13)
    Quote Originally Posted by Makaze (#12)
    Thanks.

    Mechanical content is fundamentally different to me because of the impact it has on the game. It is not possible for a town to mistakenly think they read a red check. It is possible to mistakenly think something is a lie. Mechanical claims lock one as a wolf every time.
    I can't tell if this is a difference in opinion or not. A lot of roles in the game can catch Scum but are also subjective. I'm working on a setup now with false clears and guilties, for example. In those situations, geting a red check is undeniably valuable to Town, but if it's not a strict 100% guilty, then it doesn't offer the same confidence that only a cop can give.
    I'm somewhat against false check mechanics and prefer mechanics that don't lie, like motion detector, tracker, or replacing godfather and miller with multiple investigation immune roles (e.g. 3 investigation immune town and one investigation immune mafia) so that results are ambiguous without being lies.
    Well, I'm not an expert at making setups. I'm not actually an expert at anything in Mafia (but that's besides the point). If we are talking mechanical clears/guilties, then those are definitely possible in the game I am making, but not just from one post. It would take more than one claim to get a confirmed guilty in my setup. And my game doesn't have Godfather or Miller either as I consider those bastard roles. I'd divulge more, but it's still getting looked at in the setup private section.
    My original criticism stems from putting claims of mechanical results on the same level as catching mafia in subjective ways. Even false claims of mechanical results have vastly different impacts on the game than false claims of subjective catches because they do not rely on subjective beliefs.
  37. I'm somewhat against false check mechanics and...

    Quote Originally Posted by Quick (#13)
    Quote Originally Posted by Makaze (#12)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quick (#11)
    Quote Originally Posted by Makaze (#9)
    This doesn't seem to answer the question.
    I suppose. I tried to say a High Content post that is NOT a strict guilty has essentially the same effect. Basically catching Scum red handed. Granted it is a LOT harder to do this based on play, but it is possible. High Content posts are the kinds of posts that get Scum Elimmed for the right reasons, basically, all done in a single post. Other ways of catching Scum might require multiple posts, such as setting them up with a gambit or something like that. The way I view High Content posts is that it catches Scum based on facts, not interpretation. That's why I said most of Towns content would be in the Medium Content category - because those posts are very helpful for Town solving the game, but they are not as Concrete in terms of things based on facts in the game. I suppose you could argue that this is impossible without a guilty, but aren't those kinds of posts the things we strive for as the pinnacle of good Town play? Basically, I tried to set it up so that High Content posts are the kinds of posts that are very difficult for Scum to argue against. They are the kinds of posts that make Scum lol!cat post.

    But aside from all that, if you looking at non-mechanical/non-condmning posts that are the kinds of post that lead to Scum getting Elimmed, but are simply argued better than their Scum counterparts, then those would be Medium Content posts. I many not have said that explicitly, but it was obvious to me as I was writing it that this is the case. Perhaps a blind spot in my communicating.

    Let me know if this answers your question.
    Thanks.

    Mechanical content is fundamentally different to me because of the impact it has on the game. It is not possible for a town to mistakenly think they read a red check. It is possible to mistakenly think something is a lie. Mechanical claims lock one as a wolf every time.
    I can't tell if this is a difference in opinion or not. A lot of roles in the game can catch Scum but are also subjective. I'm working on a setup now with false clears and guilties, for example. In those situations, geting a red check is undeniably valuable to Town, but if it's not a strict 100% guilty, then it doesn't offer the same confidence that only a cop can give.
    I'm somewhat against false check mechanics and prefer mechanics that don't lie, like motion detector, tracker, or replacing godfather and miller with multiple investigation immune roles (e.g. 3 investigation immune town and one investigation immune mafia) so that results are ambiguous without being lies.
  38. Thanks. Mechanical content is fundamentally...

    Quote Originally Posted by Quick (#11)
    Quote Originally Posted by Makaze (#9)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quick (#8)
    Quote Originally Posted by Makaze (#5)
    All other forms of being "caught" are fundamentally different. Do these fit in a different category, or are all non-mechanical catches medium by default?
    Right, that's why I said in my other post that you can think about High vs. Very Low in terms of Deductive vs Subjective, or Conclusive vs. Tentative if you prefer that terminology instead.
    This doesn't seem to answer the question.
    I suppose. I tried to say a High Content post that is NOT a strict guilty has essentially the same effect. Basically catching Scum red handed. Granted it is a LOT harder to do this based on play, but it is possible. High Content posts are the kinds of posts that get Scum Elimmed for the right reasons, basically, all done in a single post. Other ways of catching Scum might require multiple posts, such as setting them up with a gambit or something like that. The way I view High Content posts is that it catches Scum based on facts, not interpretation. That's why I said most of Towns content would be in the Medium Content category - because those posts are very helpful for Town solving the game, but they are not as Concrete in terms of things based on facts in the game. I suppose you could argue that this is impossible without a guilty, but aren't those kinds of posts the things we strive for as the pinnacle of good Town play? Basically, I tried to set it up so that High Content posts are the kinds of posts that are very difficult for Scum to argue against. They are the kinds of posts that make Scum lol!cat post.

    But aside from all that, if you looking at non-mechanical/non-condmning posts that are the kinds of post that lead to Scum getting Elimmed, but are simply argued better than their Scum counterparts, then those would be Medium Content posts. I many not have said that explicitly, but it was obvious to me as I was writing it that this is the case. Perhaps a blind spot in my communicating.

    Let me know if this answers your question.
    Thanks.

    Mechanical content is fundamentally different to me because of the impact it has on the game. It is not possible for a town to mistakenly think they read a red check. It is possible to mistakenly think something is a lie. Mechanical claims lock one as a wolf every time.
  39. This doesn't seem to answer the question.

    Quote Originally Posted by Quick (#8)
    Quote Originally Posted by Makaze (#5)
    All other forms of being "caught" are fundamentally different. Do these fit in a different category, or are all non-mechanical catches medium by default?
    Right, that's why I said in my other post that you can think about High vs. Very Low in terms of Deductive vs Subjective, or Conclusive vs. Tentative if you prefer that terminology instead.
    This doesn't seem to answer the question.
  40. The words "high" and "low" feel wrong, since they...

    The words "high" and "low" feel wrong, since they can be misunderstood to correspond to effort or volume. "Heavy" and "light" would be better IYAM.

    Overall, the concept is correct, but is is too rigid, to the point that it can lead to some faulty actions in the name of conforming to the mathematical standard.

    A critique:

    Premise: Player A gets a red check on Player B.

    Scenario 1: Player A posts the red check at the start of the phase and posts medium content throughout the rest of the phase.
    Scenario 2: Player A allows the game to progress normally, producing medium content throughout the next phase. Player A withholds revealing the red check until the near the end of the phase.

    Conclusion: The absence of heavy content in the first 80% of the phase can have a higher expected value than the presence of the same content for 100% of the phase. Ergo, the weight of heavy content is increased by waiting to contribute as long as possible.

    This also seems misleading because of the certitude that mechanical information provides as opposed to someone slipping up. You can produce content that appears to "catch" the mafia, and it is meaningful, but it still relies on a flip. You will only convince some of the players. Because of this, the suspect has some wiggle room to argue their way out of it. They can change minds, including the mind of the one who caught them. But a cop check is mechanically certain. It changes the game. It can produce a certain elimination even if the content is presented close to the end of a phase. It requires little to no processing on the part of the readers. It will not be fought against except with a counter claim.

    All other forms of being "caught" are fundamentally different. Do these fit in a different category, or are all non-mechanical catches medium by default?
  41. Replies
    5
    Views
    136

    Resolved Added 5 post increments to the options.

    Added 5 post increments to the options.
  42. Replies
    3
    Views
    124

    Resolved Done. ...

  43. #1

    Thread: Vote History Tag

    by Makaze
    Replies
    5
    Views
    222

    Vote History Tag

    You can now reference vote history with a selection in a post using the [VH] tag.

    You can generate these tags and copy them to your clipboard by clicking the Copy to clipboard a button when using a filter on the Vote History page.

    Preview:


    The tag takes a selection to filter by voter, candidate, and phase [VH]VOTER_NAME;CANDIDATE_NAME;PHASES_NUMBERS_WITH_COMMAS[/VH]:
    Code:
    [VH]Makaze;Thingyman;1,4[/VH]
    Grabs all vote by Makaze for Thingyman on Day 1 & Day 4.

    You can leave some selectors blank, but must leave the semicolons, and must fill in at least one:
    Code:
    [VH]Makaze;;3[/VH]
    Grabs all vote by Makaze on Day 3.

    Code:
    [VH];Thingyman;2[/VH]
    Grabs all votes for Thingyman on Day 2.
  44. Postgame#259

    Thread: SDM #113 - Megatrackvania!

    by Makaze
    Replies
    258
    Views
    1,158

    Completed BlueKang;;1,3 BlueKang;;1,3



  45. Replies
    3
    Views
    124

    Resolved I think the argument would be "See what I'm...

    Quote Originally Posted by Logic (#2)
    There is always the link to a players voting history available. It requires an extra step by the reader, but it's quite handy and serves the exact purpose you are asking for.

    Are you looking to eliminate the "reader must click this link" part?
    I think the argument would be "See what I'm talking about and what I'm saying about it without switching views". For the same reason, it's useful to be able to quote votecounts instead of just point them to the vote history page.

    I've copy+pasted large sections of the history screen before for this reason. It's something that would see some use.
  46. Replies
    23
    Views
    593

    Fixed.

    Quote Originally Posted by roro__b (#5)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuthalion (#4)
    can the wording in the screenshot be adjusted to say 'wants' if it hasn't already? thanks!

    also general thanks this looks like a good move
    I ninjad you to mak
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuthalion (#4)
    can the wording in the screenshot be adjusted to say 'wants' if it hasn't already? thanks!

    also general thanks this looks like a good move
    Fixed.
  47. Replies
    23
    Views
    593

    Flake Moderation Updates

    Flake Moderation Updates

    For a while, the flake moderation system has been a bit outdated and hard to keep track of. Having people not play the games they sign up for or failing to meet minimum posting requirements repeatedly is detrimental to the quality of our games. We are updating the way these things are logged and attempting to get at the heart of the issues.

    Part of the change is involving the game hosts a bit more -- since you guys are the ones with the full context whenever these things occur.

    What's new?

    Recent substitution changes

    If you have hosted a game recently, you may have noticed that when you sub someone out through Modbot, a form will pop up asking you to submit a reason for the sub. As follows:



    Using this information, we will then be able to follow up with the player if needed!

    New Postgame surveys

    Going forward, a new postgame survey link will pop up for the hosts at the end of the game. They will be asked the following questions:

    1. Were there any substitutions? If so, who had to be subbed out, and why?
    2. Did any players fail to meet your posting requirements? If yes, who was it and how did they respond to any prods?
    3. Were there any other problems / behavioral issues that you feel like we should know about?

    Using this information, we should be able to get a better idea of what is happening in our games and how hosts think we can solve them.

    You will get at least some feedback thanking you for your survey. We may also follow up on you regarding this information if further details are needed!

    @Dawoodle + @Fatmo + @roro__b (Dobby) will be the flake moderators directly in charge of flake moderation, so if you have any queries about it, feel free to hit them up!
  48. #2

    Thread: Proxy vote

    by Makaze
    Replies
    2
    Views
    132

    Resolved I've added it to the How to use our forum...

    I've added it to the How to use our forum page and the FAQ in modbot start posts.
  49. Postgame#12212

    Thread: Folk Tale Mash Game Thread

    by Makaze
    Replies
    12,260
    Views
    63,920

    Completed Me: https://i.imgur.com/t33ZBjL.png Also...

    Me:



    Also me:

  50. Replies
    18
    Views
    337

    Out of game information and angleshooting is not...

    Quote Originally Posted by lendunistus (#18)
    Quote Originally Posted by Makaze (#1)
    Manually selecting who gets what alignment instead of a random assignment introduces Out of Game Influence, and does not meet our hosting standards.
    so not even in bastard games?
    Out of game information and angleshooting is not allowed, even in bastard games.
Results 1 to 50 of 3000
Page 1 of 60 1 2 3 4
about us
Mafia Universe is a community hub for people who enjoy playing the forum variant of Mafia (also known as Werewolf). We offer fully automated Mafia games and a wide variety of customized features crafted to optimize your game experience. We also proudly host the Internet's only database of Mafia/Werewolf communities.

We hope you stick around!
Role of the Day
Vanillaizer

The Vanillaizer may each night target a player, stripping them of any abilities that they may or may not have, effectively turning them into a vanilla role beginning the following night.