Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 90-Day Fitness Challenge

1. ISO #101
    If I can count, which is questionable, I only consumed about 1200 calories today. The what I'm eating needs some work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Panther
    I thought you were a nerd last week but then I saw you say you play golf and remember you said you chewed so you're some kind of unicorn or something

2. ISO #102
    Lost Weasley Brother Allundberg's Avatar
    Community
    PokerNet
    Today I played Tennis

3. ISO #103
    Did another 4ish mile walk on my lunch break.
    I thought you were a nerd last week but then I saw you say you play golf and remember you said you chewed so you're some kind of unicorn or something

4. ISO #104
    Community
    PokerNet
    Quote Originally Posted by Shad (#103)
    Did another 4ish mile walk on my lunch break.
    thats some long walks you manage in your break

I sometimes do around 1mile after eating lunch (this week it havnt happened yet)

5. ISO #105
    Timezone
    UTC-06:00
    Community
    W3D Hub
    You can go surprisingly far in a short period of time. My stats for today, from a 50 minute outing, is 1.87 miles traveled. This is actually significantly less than most people with travel, primarily because 1) I'm slow (the afore mentioned disability), and 2) 15 minutes of that 50 I actually had to sit down cause I got a nose bleed, so I wasn't actually making any distance. I'm pretty sure google fit under-counts my distance too, but I don't have any *proof* of that though, so won't say it with certainty.

6. ISO #106
    Timezone
    UTC+01:00
    Community
    PokerNet
    Today I did
    Hexbar Deadlift
    Meadows Row
    Concentration Curl
    Rear Lateral Raise
    Hammer Curl
    Wrist Curl
    Reverse Wrist Curl

About to train neck now (I don't do that at the gym, since it's new for me and it's fine just doing it at home without added weight, for now). Good advice is to train your whole body, if you plan on getting big, otherwise it will look silly at some point. So I now have more focus on neck, forearms and calves - by actually training those parts as well.
    "I've mislynched more than 9,000 fellow townies in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times I've been trusted to vote last in F3 and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." ~ NAC Jordan

7. ISO #107
    I'm not sure how to precisely measure it, but if anyone has a good tool (I could play with google maps more and see if it lets me draw a route), I'd be curious. 3-4 is my best guess.

8. ISO #108
    Hmm, from what this google map tool I pulled up is suggesting it's a bit shy of three.

Probably feels longer because there are a lot of hills.

9. ISO #109
    Timezone
    Community
    W3D Hub
    I'm not sure how to precisely measure it, but if anyone has a good tool (I could play with google maps more and see if it lets me draw a route), I'd be curious. 3-4 is my best guess.
    If you download the google fit app it can access your phone's built in pedometer, most smart phones have one, though how accurate it is vary's wildly. My phone is lucky enough to have a very accurate one, but I know my mom's phone is pretty bad. Doesn't have to be running at the time though, just off in your pocket while you walk and it'll record data for later review.

10. ISO #110
    My evening route adds it up to about an even 4.

11. ISO #111
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeP47 (#109)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shad (#107)
    If you download the google fit app it can access your phone's built in pedometer, most smart phones have one, though how accurate it is vary's wildly. My phone is lucky enough to have a very accurate one, but I know my mom's phone is pretty bad. Doesn't have to be running at the time though, just off in your pocket while you walk and it'll record data for later review.
    Interesting. I'm going to look into that right now.

12. ISO #112
    Google Fit is kind of revealing in so far as the message the numbers are telling me is basically "just keep doing what you're doing but change your diet."

13. ISO #113
    Timezone
    Community
    W3D Hub
    Yeah I kinda wish there was a way to set it so it just told you how much *additional* calories you burned, rather than your total calories burned by existing (since that kinda varies from person to person), but it's still a handy estimate I guess. In general for weight loss diet is more effective. I'm one of the few people that's an edge case where exercise really is the tipping point though, since before I had surgery on my legs last year I was an extreme couch potato rather than ever over eating or anything.

14. ISO #114
    Yikes, Fit registered about 1000 "steps" while I was sitting on my ass in a cubicle.

15. ISO #115
    Timezone
    Community
    W3D Hub
    Yikes, Fit registered about 1000 "steps" while I was sitting on my ass in a cubicle.
    Sometimes there's a delay before it registers, it could be from earlier. Or, if you're a particularly violent fidgiter or something. Or maybe your phone's pedometer is just bad, it could just be bad

16. ISO #116
    Maybe it's the ex-army in me speaking, but it seems kind of crazy that this app includes options for all sorts of obscure sports but doesn't allow me to input pushup and situp reps.

17. ISO #117
    Like there's literally a sled riding option but no good old army MSE lol

18. ISO #118
    Timezone
    Community
    W3D Hub

I joke, but it *is* sponsored by the Heart Institute or something I think.

19. ISO #119
    Well it's logging 5.3 miles for me today, so I think I can account for error and still claim a solid 5.

20. ISO #120
    Timezone
    Community
    EpicMafia/DailyMafia
    AKA
    Onuzq
    It has been scientifically proven that the Pokewalker was most accurate in tracking step counter:

https://kotaku.com/pokewalker-more-a...-unive-5792648
    Quote Originally Posted by Empoof (#4961)
    it was jaleb

@Jaleb is a god
    ??Frog ??Last Thursday at 8:11 AM
    ok dudes
    you can discuss the event here if you want

Jaleb (RB/1% ITA)Last Thursday at 8:05 AM
    Done, will take my prize now
    I do have a 1900 rating in solving tactics :smiley:

AndrewGreve(night vig/39%ITA)Last Thursday at 8:10 AM
    hey
    i dont know chess tactics
    should I try?

Jaleb (RB/1% ITA)Last Thursday at 8:10 AM
    1. Bf6 2. Qh7 3. Rf7 4. Nh6 5. Re5 6. ... Qh3 7. Qd8 8. h7 9. ... Ne5+; fxe5 h5 10. ... Bg1; Kg3 Qf2; Kh3 Qh2 i you want the answer, not that it matters
    if*

??Frog ??Last Thursday at 8:11 AM
    Jaleb, you're lowkey Magnus

21. ISO #121
    Community
    PokerNet
    my fitbit watch says 10.000 Steps during work today
    and another 13k at Tennis.

22. ISO #122
    Timezone
    UTC+01:00
    Community
    Forum Paradox
    Quote Originally Posted by Allundberg (#121)
    Sounds like your training is going well! Congrats!

23. ISO #123
    Got the top in 50 minutes- Will have to buy upgraded trail shoes soon if I want to improve my down time. The trailis just too technical and dangerous for me to take it any faster downhill without a very specific type of shoe tread. For now, I'll work on keeping these times and improving my cardiovascular health.

24. ISO #124
    Community
    PokerNet
    Quote Originally Posted by LanMisa (#122)
    Quote Originally Posted by Allundberg (#121)
    Sounds like your training is going well! Congrats!
    thx

25. ISO #125
    Community
    PokerNet
    Update week2

Weight said 92.7 kg this morning which is understandable since I went out friday night and drank like 12 beers
    then yday I was obv dead and ordered so much fastfood that u would prolly not believe it

I played football Monday
    I played Tennis Tuesday
    I played Tennis Friday

Status Week 2 summarized
    Trainings 3
    weight 92,7 kg (-0.1kg)

Total:
    Trainings 4
    weight 92,7 kg (-1.8kg)

26. ISO #126
    ༼ つ ;-; ༽つ give smith another day mhsmith0's Avatar Game Manager
    Timezone
    UTC-07:00
    Community
    PlayDiplomacy, MafiaScum
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Google Fit is kind of revealing in so far as the message the numbers are telling me is basically "just keep doing what you're doing but change your diet."
    fwiw i think this is the biggest thing for me. I've lost like 10 pounds in the last month to month and a half and I haven't especially been working out, but I've been substantially cutting down on my calorie count (also slightly eating healthier but it's much more "eating less" I think). I suspect I'll see a numbers bounce back at some point but I'm hoping I can slice off some more before that happens.
    Life is simply unfair... don't you think?
    http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=mhsmith0

BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me

27. ISO #127
    Community
    PokerNet
    I have managed 2 tennis sessions since last post.
    one on sunday and one today

28. ISO #128
    I don't have a working scale but at 5'8" I'm probably pushing 170 lbs (77kg?) and I would like to be max 150 without losing any muscle. Weight loss is pretty straight forward. Keeping my dad arms could be a trick.
    I weighed in at 168 the first time I stepped up on a scale.

This morning I registered 157.

It can fluctuate a few pounds any given day, but the trend down is tangible. All I've been doing is eating less and making sure I walk at least 3 miles a day.

29. ISO #129
    Community
    PokerNet
    ok ok I have played 3 times Tennis this week
    Monday 2h
    Tuesday 1h
    Friday 3h

30. ISO #130
    I have to postpone my participation due to #reasons, but hopefully I'll be able to jump back in when I can

GL everyone else on achieving your goals! I'll still be rooting for you guys!

31. ISO #131
    Timezone
    UTC-10:00
    Community
    Mafia Universe

Like @Thingyman before me, I’m doing the C25K app and am starting Week 6 today. I’m pretty thrilled with my progress so far but my biggest problem seems to be my breathing. There are like, times where it feels like I feel I simply can’t take in enough air... anyone with ideas about how to overcome this would be most welcome.
    I just wanted to take one final opportunity to remind people why that higher standard exists. I know it can be difficult to live up to, especially in the heat of the moment... I know it is difficult and we're all only human. But the reward is a better site, a better community, and games where you actually want to sign up to the next one when the current game is done. People you actually look forward to playing with. Maybe even making friends.
    - Askthepizzaguy

32. ISO #132
    Sliding into more of a routine now. I take a hilly 3 mile run on my lunch break twice a week and walk for about two hours on Sundays. Beyond that, just reminding myself that any time I'm standing still I could be moving instead.

I was thinking more upper body when I started this, but it's been all cardio. Weight seems to have stabilized in the high 150s after dropping like 10 pounds in two weeks, and that's fine. I've been weighing in every morning, and I think it's still trending down, just much slower than initially.
    Last edited by Shad; July 26th, 2019 at 04:35 PM.

33. ISO #133
    Timezone
    Community
    W3D Hub
    TBH what I read from, I can't remember which, but it was one of those highly respected doctors' associations, says 1-2 pounds a week loss is the healthy rate, and if you're aiming for higher losses per week at worse you could cause other health problems and at best are not likely to sustain your weight loss, so if you can keep it in that lower range it's probably for the best, even if it's not as dramatic.

I know it's just anecdotal, but my mom always tries to power diet and exercise, and can never keep it up even after initial big gains, but I've been keeping up 1-2 lbs per week now for about 6 months, so at least it works for me.

That said I've slacked off recently, but that's mostly due to the heat wave we had last week. I'm back on the wagon now that temperatures are more reasonable.

34. ISO #134
    Community
    PokerNet
    Quote Originally Posted by Percy (#131)
    I so wish I’d seen this before now

Like @Thingyman before me, I’m doing the C25K app and am starting Week 6 today. I’m pretty thrilled with my progress so far but my biggest problem seems to be my breathing. There are like, times where it feels like I feel I simply can’t take in enough air... anyone with ideas about how to overcome this would be most welcome.
    Maybe u have asthma or allergies. I know from myself if the wrong pollen is there I get huge problems breathing. Maybe get it checked if it is bad. I havnt gettin myself checked yet, but this year I also havnt had any problems.

Also GL with the running

35. ISO #135
    Community
    PokerNet
    Quote Originally Posted by Shad (#132)
    Sliding into more of a routine now. I take a hilly 3 mile run on my lunch break twice a week and walk for about two hours on Sundays. Beyond that, just reminding myself that any time I'm standing still I could be moving instead.

I was thinking more upper body when I started this, but it's been all cardio. Weight seems to have stabilized in the high 150s after dropping like 10 pounds in two weeks, and that's fine. I've been weighing in every morning, and I think it's still trending down, just much slower than initially.
    Very nice keep up the good work

36. ISO #136
    Community
    PokerNet
    Last week I managed 3 Tennis trainings. Monday, Tuesday and Friday.

This week I played football on monday and Tennis yday

37. ISO #137
    Since I managed to stay committed to this for a month, I went ahead and bought a cheap elliptical machine today. Get excited.

38. ISO #138
    Also bought a sizeable chunk of Star Trek TNG to occupy me while I use it.

39. ISO #139
    Timezone
    Community
    W3D Hub
    I have Star Trek on CBS All Access AND Netflix, and coming soon every movie (except Generations?!?) is coming to Hulu (though I don't have Hulu)

40. ISO #140
    Community
    PokerNet
    Quote Originally Posted by Shad (#137)
    Since I managed to stay committed to this for a month, I went ahead and bought a cheap elliptical machine today. Get excited.
    Nice GL with the machine and the star trek

41. ISO #141
    Community
    PokerNet
    This week I only had 1 training monday.
    Friday I wanted to play but all ppl were busy. thought I had go to the gym instead but I fell asleep and slept 13 hours lol
    Saturday I did some gardening for like 2,5h. It was really good for my back but not really helping my cardio

My weight this morning was 91.5 so not much have happened on that front.
    But im sure the better shape and the more active I get the easier it will be to drop my weight once I decide to eat abit healthier.

I am eating healthier than when I gained my weight. but im not eating healthy. Kinda just buying fewer icecream, chips and the like. but Still eating frenchfries like 3 times a week in work and ice cream on very hot days
    The good thing is that im tall so basically dropping weight can happen if I just put in effort

42. ISO #142
    Quote Originally Posted by Shad (#138)
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeP47 (#139)
    I have Star Trek on CBS All Access AND Netflix, and coming soon every movie (except Generations?!?) is coming to Hulu (though I don't have Hulu)
    Last edited by Coffee Cup; August 4th, 2019 at 03:12 PM.

43. ISO #143
    Quote Originally Posted by Shad (#94)
    I don't have a working scale but at 5'8" I'm probably pushing 170 lbs (77kg?) and I would like to be max 150 without losing any muscle. Weight loss is pretty straight forward. Keeping my dad arms could be a trick.

It can fluctuate a few pounds any given day, but the trend down is tangible. All I've been doing is eating less and making sure I walk at least 3 miles a day.
    This was almost exactly a month ago. Weighed in at 152 this morning and my pace is highly sustainable--exercising daily but not overdoing it, still eating as much as I want but less gummi bears more walnuts, that sort of thing.

44. ISO #144
    Community
    PokerNet
    Quote Originally Posted by Shad (#143)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shad (#128)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shad (#94)

This was almost exactly a month ago. Weighed in at 152 this morning and my pace is highly sustainable--exercising daily but not overdoing it, still eating as much as I want but less gummi bears more walnuts, that sort of thing.
    great.
    Well done!!

45. ISO #145
    Community
    PokerNet
    The last two weeks I forgot to come with an update.

Last week i did Tennis on Monday and saturday
    This week i did tennis on Monday, wednesday and saturday

46. ISO #146
    Community
    PokerNet
    yesterday I played my first game against another guy from the club. untill now I have just played some doubles.

I lost 6-3, 6-3 but we decided to play another set coz we both had time. I won that one 6-4.
    Pretty happy for this match allthough the opponent is 78

47. ISO #147
    Timezone
    Community
    W3D Hub
    I've had to substitute some actual exercising for yardwork, which I'm not well suited for due to my tendons, but at least it's something different I guess. We've had 4 trees fall over due to high winds. I injured myself with the weedeater (not badly), but I guess that's better than injuring myself with the chainsaw.

Also in the interest of keeping things fresh, when I do cheat days once a week to get carry-out, I try the vegetarian options of local restaurants. Eggplant is pretty good!

48. ISO #148
    Timezone
    Community
    W3D Hub
    In a somewhat annoying turn of events, the latest update to google fit broke it so bad it won't even load my profile anymore... can't exactly use an alternative as it's required for pokemon-go features.

49. ISO #149
    Timezone
    Community
    W3D Hub
    The app has fixed itself (oddly without actually updating????). I'm not complaining, but I'm wary of it breaking again in the future.

50. ISO #150
    Hit sub 150 this morning. I averaged 140 when I was in the army 15+ years ago. I need to start phasing out the caloric deficit part of it and just focus on muscle pretty soon here.