Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 156

Thread: 90-Day Fitness Challenge

  1. ISO #1
    Ruler of the Universe Thingyman's Avatar Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    9,544
    Community
    PokerNet / 2+2
    Gender

    90-Day Fitness Challenge

    90-Day Fitness Challenge

    Hey guys!

    Usually, it's easier to motivate yourself to lose weight, get in shape, bulk up, etc. if you track your progress and can see how your friends are progressing. So I thought it'd be nice to have a little MU fitness challenge where we each set our own goals and cheer each other on

    Let's set the deadline for reaching your goals at 90 days, i.e. the challenge ends October 31st. So starting November 1st, we'll all be new healthier people

    WHO'S IN:

    Thingyman
    Starting weight: 95,5 kilos (210,5 pounds)
    Goals: Get down to 90 kilos (198,4 pounds), be able to comfortably run a 5K, and be able to do 10 press-ups

    Niklor
    Starting Gym Habit: Haven't been in well over a month.
    Goal: Go at least three times a week.

    GeneralHankerchief
    Goal: I'll put my weight down once I get access to a scale, but let's say drop a pants size (preferably two) between now and October 31st.

    Allundberg
    Starting weight: 91,5 kilos
    Goals: Going to the gym 20 times, weigh less than 85 kg

    Cory
    Starting weight: About 220
    Goals: Get down to around 190, go to gym (mostly cardio, some upper body) or play basketball 4 times a week, cut sugar out of my diet as much as possible

    Cuthalion
    Goals: Start going to bed earlier and exercising before breakfast, run every other day, get up to 150 pushups every other day,

    Xicor
    Starting weight: 160 pounds(72.6 kilos)
    Goals: Be able to do every machine at 1.5 times the weight i can right now and get a six pack
    Last edited by Thingyman; August 4th, 2017 at 11:03 AM.

  2. ISO #2
    Ruler of the Universe Thingyman's Avatar Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    9,544
    Community
    PokerNet / 2+2
    Gender
    So... About me.

    Starting weight: 95,5 kilos (210,5 pounds)
    Goals: Get down to 90 kilos (198,4 pounds), be able to comfortably run a 5K, and be able to do 10 press-ups

    My goal is to eventually get further down in weight, but I want to promise myself that I'll absolutely hit my goal, so I'm setting it at 90 kilos for now conservatively.

    As for the 5K, I've downloaded an app called C25K (from the couch to 5K), that says it'll get me to 5K in 8 weeks, so with 90 days this should be more than doable. I am currently super duper out of shape and probably couldn't run 1K without needing to take a break.

    As for press-ups, my upper body strength has been laughably horrible my entire life, and it's always haunted me. If anyone has any "program" to share (similar to the "from couch to 5K" thing), please do.

    After I use one of those proper scales that can measure body fat % and such, I'll also add some goals for improving that.

    Edit: Am 188 centimeters aka 6 feet 2 inches tall for anyone curious.
    Last edited by Thingyman; August 3rd, 2017 at 02:26 PM.

  3. ISO #3
    Soul Reader Niklor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Midland, Texas
    Posts
    1,301
    Timezone
    UTC-06:00
    Community
    No Goblins Allowed (KoS)
    Gender
    Sure, why not.

    Starting Gym Habit: Haven't been in well over a month.
    Goal: Go at least three times a week.
    "In the end, both heroes and villains are naught but furballs."

    "For any sixty minutes of intense hockey, you are brothers."

  4. ISO #4
    Season 5 Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    On my ethereal cloud
    Posts
    11,583
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    Totalwar.org (The Org)
    AKA
    GH, Fuchs
    Gender
    I'm in.

    Profile:

    I don't know my weight. This is largely intentional. I do know that I've gone up two pants sizes since January 2016 though. That's what I want to focus on.

    I have a gym membership but rarely use it. It's mostly crappy excuses (I work two jobs and value my free time, don't want to bother with rush hour traffic, I flat-out dislike the act of exercising, generally just hate working out with other people around/can't get over the mental barrier that they're all watching/judging me even though the rational part of me says they're not).

    A big part is my diet. The meals I eat are more or less reasonable, but I have a big appetite and my between-meal snacks are frequent and killing me. Honestly not sure what I can do about this.

    Goal:

    I'll put my weight down once I get access to a scale, but let's say drop a pants size (preferably two) between now and October 31st.
    Lenny - Today at 10:08 AM
    Atpg sometimes the paragraphs you write are pretty good


    Looking to waste an afternoon? Vamos Cartagena - Football Manager 2018 AAR (complete!)
    The sequel to the above: An American Manager in America (complete!)

  5. ISO #5
    Lost Weasley Brother Allundberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    10,063
    Community
    PokerNet
    Going to the gym 20 times
    weigh less than 85 kg (current weight 91,5)
    would also add some strength things, but no idea what is realistic

    GLGL

  6. ISO #6
    GOAT Tier Champ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    23,546
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    AKA
    scrambledwowee
    Gender
    @Montecores thread on 2+2 is better

  7. ISO #7
    CEO of Storp Industries Apoc's Avatar Game Manager
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Sharing opinions nobody asked for
    Posts
    42,014
    Gender
    NAC leaves and you start a fitness thread!?

    you're a monster!


  8. ISO #8
    Wants It More Cory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    6,395
    Community
    DragonMount
    Gender
    I've taken a month+ off from the gym (vacation, distractions, laziness) and would like to get down to around 190. At about 220 now.

    Think I can get to 190 before November. Want to either go to gym (mostly cardio, some upper body) or play basketball 4 times a week (up from 0 lol). Going to cut sugar out of my diet as much as possible as well.

    Count me in
    i had a good run playing horses in my mind
    left my heart out somewhere running
    wanting strangers to be mine
    memory's a sacred meat that's drying all the time
    on a hillside I remember, i am loving losing life


  9. ISO #9
    it's been fun Cuthalion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    22,941
    Timezone
    UTC-08:00
    Community
    Giant in the Playground
    Gender
    i'm going to start going to bed earlier and exercising before breakfast; will run every other day and... do something else on the flip days

    maybe get up to 150 pushups every other day, in as few sets as possible

    for now 30-40 probably realistic, don't know exactly

    probably some cardio and weights as well, and i'll be keeping track of body weight in general just out of curiosity

  10. ISO #10
    it's been fun Cuthalion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    22,941
    Timezone
    UTC-08:00
    Community
    Giant in the Playground
    Gender
    i approve of this thread and idea on the whole though

  11. ISO #11
    Ruler of the Universe Thingyman's Avatar Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    9,544
    Community
    PokerNet / 2+2
    Gender
    OP updated.

  12. ISO #12
    Pocketing You Xicor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    5,113
    Timezone
    UTC-04:00
    Community
    AoPS
    AKA
    statisticslol, stats
    Gender
    Xicor:
    Starting weight: 160 pounds(72.6 kilos)
    Gym Habit: I go every day for an hour or two
    Goals: Be able to do every machine at 1.5 times the weight i can right now and get a six pack
    Reading is essential

  13. ISO #13
    Lost Weasley Brother Allundberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    10,063
    Community
    PokerNet
    Quote Originally Posted by Xicor (#12)
    Xicor:
    Starting weight: 160 pounds(72.6 kilos)
    Gym Habit: I go every day for an hour or two
    Goals: Be able to do every machine at 1.5 times the weight i can right now and get a six pack

  14. ISO #14
    Pocketing You Xicor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    5,113
    Timezone
    UTC-04:00
    Community
    AoPS
    AKA
    statisticslol, stats
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Allundberg (#13)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xicor (#12)
    Xicor:
    Starting weight: 160 pounds(72.6 kilos)
    Gym Habit: I go every day for an hour or two
    Goals: Be able to do every machine at 1.5 times the weight i can right now and get a six pack
    funny thing is, i was able to put more weights on the bench bar in my gym than in my school weight room, couple days later i realize i was able to do that because the bar at the gym is lighter
    Reading is essential

  15. ISO #15
    Lost Weasley Brother Allundberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    10,063
    Community
    PokerNet
    Im going to update every Sunday.

    Weight 92,1 kg (7,1 kg to go)
    Gym 1/20 Completed


    I had the good idea to eat 2 Huge Homemade Burgers on Friday and went out for All you can eat Sushi yday. Which resulted in some very nice meals but unfortunately alittle weight added.

    glgl me

  16. ISO #16
    Ruler of the Universe Thingyman's Avatar Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    9,544
    Community
    PokerNet / 2+2
    Gender
    Week 1 of C25K complete. 7 weeks to go. First week was easy, excited to see how it's gonna progress.

    3 gym visits in 4 days.

  17. ISO #17
    Wants It More npstr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Hamburg
    Posts
    5,869
    Timezone
    UTC+01:00
    AKA
    Napster
    Gender
    This is a great idea but it comes at a bad time for me, as I won't be able to do any exercise for at least half the time of the next 3 months Wish you guys a lot of fun!

    Besides that, I am casually working on getting my pull ups (I could never do that in my life, even when I was really really well in shape) count up since December, and I've gone from 0 to 5 and a half during this year. Overall aim was 10 at the end of the year, which I might miss due to several months of no hard exercise allowed but that's ok, I'll reach the goal later.


    Just a reminder, muscle is heavier than fat, so "getting in shape" shouldn't necessarily be measured by what your scale says, look in the mirror instead

    For those wondering how that fat will leave your body, here's an overly scientific talk on the topic that I enjoyed recently: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuIlsN32WaE

  18. ISO #18
    Season 5 Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    On my ethereal cloud
    Posts
    11,583
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    Totalwar.org (The Org)
    AKA
    GH, Fuchs
    Gender
    Weekly update:

    Only had time for one gym visit, but I've cut down on a lot of bad food and just have eaten less in general.

    Feel myself coming down with an illness so this might inadvertently help me as well. Pleased with progress.
    Lenny - Today at 10:08 AM
    Atpg sometimes the paragraphs you write are pretty good


    Looking to waste an afternoon? Vamos Cartagena - Football Manager 2018 AAR (complete!)
    The sequel to the above: An American Manager in America (complete!)

  19. ISO #19
    Pocketing You Xicor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    5,113
    Timezone
    UTC-04:00
    Community
    AoPS
    AKA
    statisticslol, stats
    Gender
    Weekly update:

    Im doing like 5 pounds more on most machines. I also ripped open one of my calluses so I had to put a band aid on it
    Reading is essential

  20. ISO #20
    Wants It More Cory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    6,395
    Community
    DragonMount
    Gender
    I did my prep shopping yesterday (bye sugar glgl) and will be starting my gym schedule today

    My starting weight was worse than I thought - 230

    Still want to get to 190, but will consider getting under 200 a success for 90-day, plan to continue beyond
    i had a good run playing horses in my mind
    left my heart out somewhere running
    wanting strangers to be mine
    memory's a sacred meat that's drying all the time
    on a hillside I remember, i am loving losing life


  21. ISO #21
    Lost Weasley Brother Allundberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    10,063
    Community
    PokerNet
    I made it to the gym 3 times this week
    Wednesday, Friday and Today. I weighted me after the gym (I drink barely nothing when at the gym, so might be lacking abit water)
    The weight showed 89,5 so i broke the 90kg mark which is pretty good.
    I had a huge dinner yday with starters, more main dish than i should be able to eat but i did it. Was sooo full afterwards. then my gf is like can we please have a dessert and im like plz god no. I end up getting some baked bananas with honey and icecream. eat it. and then my girlfriend cant even finish her own dessert and i gotta eat up half of hers aswell. I was thinking ye gg this is not going good for my challenge. but I guess i got lucky.

    What I have done to reduce my calorie intake this week.
    Eat Skyr or a single breadroll for breakfast
    Ask for less carbs at work for my lunch. ie half rice or half potatoes or whatever. only slip was wednesday which is the currywurst day and for currywurst i need frenchfries and i need alot of them.
    For dinner i have cooked stuff with either lowfat groundbeef (like 5% which reduce the calories from like 230kcal/100g to 110kcal/100g which is abit if i eat like 2-300 gram of that or i have eaten bird like chicken or turkey. here i have tried to reduce the carbs i eat with it aswell.
    Im not going to make my meals like super healthy because i wont be able to do this stuff for 90 days if i miss certain foods all the time. so I do the slack version but keep an eye on the foods when possible and not too time consuming.

    Untill now I have felt grate about every meal and am happy that I atleast havnt gained any weight.


    Hope there is also small progress for the rest of you. and if nothing visible yet, just remember if you keep it up over this whole 90 days there definately will be progress


    STATUS:
    89,5kg (starting 91,5)
    4/20 gym visits (3 this week)
    Last edited by Allundberg; August 13th, 2017 at 09:57 AM.

  22. ISO #22
    Season 5 Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    On my ethereal cloud
    Posts
    11,583
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    Totalwar.org (The Org)
    AKA
    GH, Fuchs
    Gender
    The cutback continues.

    Sugar is completely gone from my diet. I'm drinking nothing but water, aside from orange juice in the morning and the occasional glass of wine at night.

    Eating less, eating marginally healthier. Kind of following Allund's strategy of picking my battles in terms of what exactly to eat. Think it's going well so far.

    Still not working out as much as I'd like but am doing what I can when I can find the time.

    The problem:

    Starting next Friday through the following Wednesday, I'm vacationing with friends. It's going to be... counterproductive. Nothing I can do about that, simply a case of poor timing. I think the best approach for this is just going to be to focus on damage limitation during the week I'm away and really doubling my efforts with this once I'm home.
    Lenny - Today at 10:08 AM
    Atpg sometimes the paragraphs you write are pretty good


    Looking to waste an afternoon? Vamos Cartagena - Football Manager 2018 AAR (complete!)
    The sequel to the above: An American Manager in America (complete!)

  23. ISO #23
    Ruler of the Universe Thingyman's Avatar Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    9,544
    Community
    PokerNet / 2+2
    Gender
    Week 2 of C25K completed.

    3 gym days.

    Got a 5K relay race this Wednesday, which I'm not at all prepared for, but excited about it nonetheless.

  24. ISO #24
    Soul Reader Niklor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Midland, Texas
    Posts
    1,301
    Timezone
    UTC-06:00
    Community
    No Goblins Allowed (KoS)
    Gender
    So I finally got my sleep cycle where I want to be able to convince myself to go to the gym. Didn't do much, just walked on a treadmill for a couple of hours. Felt good though. Gonna try to get myself there come Wednesday as well.



    Quote Originally Posted by Xicor (#19)
    Weekly update:

    Im doing like 5 pounds more on most machines. I also ripped open one of my calluses so I had to put a band aid on it
    Xicor getting ripped!

    Quote Originally Posted by Cory (#20)
    I did my prep shopping yesterday (bye sugar glgl) and will be starting my gym schedule today

    My starting weight was worse than I thought - 230

    Still want to get to 190, but will consider getting under 200 a success for 90-day, plan to continue beyond
    You'll get down to 190 in no time!

    Quote Originally Posted by Allundberg (#21)
    I made it to the gym 3 times this week
    Wednesday, Friday and Today. I weighted me after the gym (I drink barely nothing when at the gym, so might be lacking abit water)
    The weight showed 89,5 so i broke the 90kg mark which is pretty good.
    I had a huge dinner yday with starters, more main dish than i should be able to eat but i did it. Was sooo full afterwards. then my gf is like can we please have a dessert and im like plz god no. I end up getting some baked bananas with honey and icecream. eat it. and then my girlfriend cant even finish her own dessert and i gotta eat up half of hers aswell. I was thinking ye gg this is not going good for my challenge. but I guess i got lucky.

    What I have done to reduce my calorie intake this week.
    Eat Skyr or a single breadroll for breakfast
    Ask for less carbs at work for my lunch. ie half rice or half potatoes or whatever. only slip was wednesday which is the currywurst day and for currywurst i need frenchfries and i need alot of them.
    For dinner i have cooked stuff with either lowfat groundbeef (like 5% which reduce the calories from like 230kcal/100g to 110kcal/100g which is abit if i eat like 2-300 gram of that or i have eaten bird like chicken or turkey. here i have tried to reduce the carbs i eat with it aswell.
    Im not going to make my meals like super healthy because i wont be able to do this stuff for 90 days if i miss certain foods all the time. so I do the slack version but keep an eye on the foods when possible and not too time consuming.

    Untill now I have felt grate about every meal and am happy that I atleast havnt gained any weight.


    Hope there is also small progress for the rest of you. and if nothing visible yet, just remember if you keep it up over this whole 90 days there definately will be progress


    STATUS:
    89,5kg (starting 91,5)
    4/20 gym visits (3 this week)


    That's a fantastic beginning Allund!

    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief (#22)
    The cutback continues.

    Sugar is completely gone from my diet. I'm drinking nothing but water, aside from orange juice in the morning and the occasional glass of wine at night.

    Eating less, eating marginally healthier. Kind of following Allund's strategy of picking my battles in terms of what exactly to eat. Think it's going well so far.

    Still not working out as much as I'd like but am doing what I can when I can find the time.

    The problem:

    Starting next Friday through the following Wednesday, I'm vacationing with friends. It's going to be... counterproductive. Nothing I can do about that, simply a case of poor timing. I think the best approach for this is just going to be to focus on damage limitation during the week I'm away and really doubling my efforts with this once I'm home.


    Don't worry so much about that one week. Just stick to it where you can and you'll get there in no time I'm sure!

    Quote Originally Posted by Thingyman (#23)
    Week 2 of C25K completed.

    3 gym days.

    Got a 5K relay race this Wednesday, which I'm not at all prepared for, but excited about it nonetheless.
    Sounds intense, but I know you can do it, Thingy!
    "In the end, both heroes and villains are naught but furballs."

    "For any sixty minutes of intense hockey, you are brothers."

  25. ISO #25
    Wants It More Cory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    6,395
    Community
    DragonMount
    Gender
    Update: Been doing good, working out 5/times a week, happy with my progress
    i had a good run playing horses in my mind
    left my heart out somewhere running
    wanting strangers to be mine
    memory's a sacred meat that's drying all the time
    on a hillside I remember, i am loving losing life


  26. ISO #26
    The Black Widow Hallia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Clemson, SC
    Posts
    2,771
    Community
    Society of Muffins
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    I'm a little late but I've been working on this!

    Starting Weight: 196.3 as of last Wednesday.

    Goal: By Nov 1st I'd like to lose 20 lbs.

    I've been going to the gym roughly 4-5 times a week recently, I was doing 6 and I plan on resuming that. I gave up soda months ago, for the most part.

  27. ISO #27
    Also late to start, oops!

    I don't really feel comfortable sharing my weight
    perhaps once I get down to my short term I will RIP


    Either way, my goal is to go to the gym with Hallia 4 times a week to start. Try out the intermittent fasting I've been reading about which just limits the hours you can eat in. Do full meal prep for the week so everything is planned out. I have a really bad habit of bored eating that I want to break( or substitute with healthy snacks and not half meals...).

    My short term goal is to lose 55 pounds, I expect if I'm really loyal to eating right and exercising I will loose around 20-25 pounds in the current time period. Long term is to lose 75-80 pounds total.

    Lets do this!

  28. ISO #28
    Ahh $%#! it sign me up.

    Starting weight is to much, gained 60 lbs since I started school and working in an office job.

    Starting weight: 260 lbs
    Goal weight: 200 lbs, Really miss lifting tbh.

    Gym Goals: Be able to get somewhere near my old numbers.

    I'm a bit late but since others jumped in why not?

    My biggest problem is mainly being strapped for time everywhere man. I work and go to school for 60 hours a week and stream 5-6 hours a day or try to atleast everyday. On top of that I'm trying to make my own game dev company. I just need to stop eating out so much at work and actually make time to go the gym.

    Good Luck to everyone else~!

  29. ISO #29
    When you sign up for something on an alt. FeelsBadMan. /in on kane.

  30. ISO #30
    Queen of MU SpankGangsta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    stork was here
    Posts
    20,867
    Timezone
    UTC+08:00
    Community
    RIP EA, ATRL, Become A Living God
    AKA
    SpankGOD, The Prophet & True Queen of MU
    Gender
    My goal is to go to the gym 3 times a week and restricting my pepsi to twice per week
    Starting 2 weeks from now
    Cus why not
    I owe Takhitty ?200 for my gambling addiction
    I owe Takhitty ?200 for my gambling addiction
    I owe Takhitty ?200 for my gambling addiction
    I owe Takhitty ?200 for my gambling addiction
    I owe Takhitty ?200 for my gambling addiction

  31. ISO #31
    Lost Weasley Brother Allundberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    10,063
    Community
    PokerNet
    Yay. more ppl
    i played soccer on monday and went to the gym yday. tommorow is soccer again followed by bbq and Drunkness

  32. ISO #32
    The Black Widow Hallia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Clemson, SC
    Posts
    2,771
    Community
    Society of Muffins
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    Hit the gym today! And now a peach and a tasty salad for lunch I find doing salad with things you really enjoy (like baby spinach instead of lettuce for me) makes it actually enjoyable.

  33. ISO #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Hallia (#32)
    Hit the gym today! And now a peach and a tasty salad for lunch I find doing salad with things you really enjoy (like baby spinach instead of lettuce for me) makes it actually enjoyable.
    Went with; I did a little over 2 miles on elliptical and worked on arms. Ate the same for breakfast and just ate a large carrot as I'm getting a little peckish. Going to try to drink a lot more water as well.

  34. ISO #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Out West
    Posts
    2,575
    Timezone
    UTC-08:00
    Community
    Magic The Gathering Salvation
    Gender
    I actually started 2-weeks ago and just gorgot to announce.

    I started at ---way too much---and get down to "slimmer". I've lost 18 lbs in 2-weeks by going on Keto diet and going to the gym twice a week. I'd have gone more but I got a job interview and had to study ICD-10 codes as preparation.

    Otherwise the goal is to go to the gym 3 times a week. Salads are much more bearable with pepperoni and blue cheese.
    Last edited by lulz; August 17th, 2017 at 03:52 PM.

  35. ISO #35
    Quote Originally Posted by lulz (#34)
    I actually started 2-weeks ago and just gorgot to announce.

    I started at ---way too much---and get down to "slimmer". I've lost 18 lbs in 2-weeks by going on Keto diet and going to the gym twice a week. I'd have gone more but I got a job interview and had to study ICD-10 codes as preparation.

    Otherwise the goal is to go to the gym 3 times a week. Salads are much more bearable with pepperoni and blue cheese.
    Wow! Keep up the good work! Just don't get discouraged when your weight loss slows down. I think 2 pounds a week is the healthy amount, but when you change your diet a lot sometimes the pounds will fly off.
    Also be careful, if you lose a lot fast your skin can't keep up and you end up with loose skin everywhere.

  36. ISO #36
    The Black Widow Hallia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Clemson, SC
    Posts
    2,771
    Community
    Society of Muffins
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    Keto is pretty easy! I did it for a while with great result.

  37. ISO #37
    Ruler of the Universe Thingyman's Avatar Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    9,544
    Community
    PokerNet / 2+2
    Gender


    As some of you already know from Discord, I ran a 5K earlier this week. My first ever. Did it in the time of 35 minutes. Now the mission is to get below 30 minutes :P

  38. ISO #38
    Lost Weasley Brother Allundberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    10,063
    Community
    PokerNet
    so i made it to play football monday and friday and to the gym wednesday and today. i think it makes my brain work better which is great.

    my weight got down to 89.15 kg on thursday but friday was absurd amount of foods and sweets and alxohol so i hit 92.8 yday. today after gym 90.2
    so no biggie.

    Status:
    90.2 kg
    6/20 gym visits

    seems im pretty much right on track

  39. ISO #39
    Lost Weasley Brother Allundberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    10,063
    Community
    PokerNet
    Quote Originally Posted by Thingyman (#37)


    As some of you already know from Discord, I ran a 5K earlier this week. My first ever. Did it in the time of 35 minutes. Now the mission is to get below 30 minutes :P
    that is great. i think ill bring my running shoes on my next teavels so i can do atleast smthg. obv cant do 5km but 2 or 3km would still be nice

  40. ISO #40
    Season 5 Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    On my ethereal cloud
    Posts
    11,583
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    Totalwar.org (The Org)
    AKA
    GH, Fuchs
    Gender
    In the midst of vacationing in the woods, gonna keep this post short.

    Too much beer, can't be helped.

    Did persuade friends that last night's dinner should be chicken salad instead of something worse.

    Body doesn't appear to be warmly embracing junk food like before, probably a good sign.

    All in all I'd say vacation damage mitigation mode is going somewhat well.

    Pants are starting to get looser on me.
    Lenny - Today at 10:08 AM
    Atpg sometimes the paragraphs you write are pretty good


    Looking to waste an afternoon? Vamos Cartagena - Football Manager 2018 AAR (complete!)
    The sequel to the above: An American Manager in America (complete!)

  41. ISO #41
    Season 5 Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    On my ethereal cloud
    Posts
    11,583
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    Totalwar.org (The Org)
    AKA
    GH, Fuchs
    Gender
    Settling back into routine after the vacation. Helps that I've been super busy at work ever since I got back. Busy = eating less for me.

    Hopefully I'll be back where I was before I took my vacation by next update.
    Lenny - Today at 10:08 AM
    Atpg sometimes the paragraphs you write are pretty good


    Looking to waste an afternoon? Vamos Cartagena - Football Manager 2018 AAR (complete!)
    The sequel to the above: An American Manager in America (complete!)

  42. ISO #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Out West
    Posts
    2,575
    Timezone
    UTC-08:00
    Community
    Magic The Gathering Salvation
    Gender
    One thing that really helps if you want to eat healthy without sacrificing is to eat the things you used to in the same context as you used to. Love mashed potatoes but they're too fattening? Try Cauliflower mash. In the past I've used a pasta maker so that I could have spaghetti n'meatballs using cucumber noodles. I also find that eating grilled chicken instead of fried is a very easy switch to make. If you're a soda fiend try Zevia. It's a bit pricey but it still feels like you're drinking soda without actually getting all the bad sugars.

  43. ISO #43
    The Black Widow Hallia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Clemson, SC
    Posts
    2,771
    Community
    Society of Muffins
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    I've got my mile time down to 9 minutes 10 seconds! Super proud of that.

  44. ISO #44
    Thingyman you have such a beautiful hair, wow...

  45. ISO #45
    Haven't been doing as well as I hoped. I was doing good until my sleeping got flipped around so I haven't been able to go to the gym with Hallia. I have been doing 30 push-ups, sit-ups, squats and a couple other booty exercises every day, though. Been eating less, but only down 4 pounds.
    Hoping insomnia doesn't screw me over again, finally slept at night last night and back on track. Will be hitting the gym today if Hallia doesn't have other obligations.

  46. ISO #46
    Lost Weasley Brother Allundberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    10,063
    Community
    PokerNet
    Didnt bring my running shoes on my last travel. Thingy just to stronk

    I hvnt updated in 2 weeks coz busy. First i was in munich, then wedding, th3n munich again. When i came back i was in mjddle of ww game where i wanted to win although i was busy with gym and work.

    Anyway since last time it have gone up, down and up again.

    The first week had soccer monday, but somehow got problems with back afterwards. Made it to the gym onde that week and left for munich with weight of 88,5kg
    Came back after lotsa incredible food and alcohol with 90,8 kg
    Last week I made it to the gym twice and weight yday said 88,9kg

    So still weightgoing down and gettin stronker

  47. ISO #47
    Lost Weasley Brother Allundberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    10,063
    Community
    PokerNet
    Status

    Gym 9/20
    Weight 88,9 kg

  48. ISO #48
    Lost Weasley Brother Allundberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    10,063
    Community
    PokerNet
    Quote Originally Posted by Hallia (#43)
    I've got my mile time down to 9 minutes 10 seconds! Super proud of that.
    Nice
    Congratulations. Hard work paying off

  49. ISO #49
    Lost Weasley Brother Allundberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    10,063
    Community
    PokerNet
    Quote Originally Posted by Spades (#45)
    Haven't been doing as well as I hoped. I was doing good until my sleeping got flipped around so I haven't been able to go to the gym with Hallia. I have been doing 30 push-ups, sit-ups, squats and a couple other booty exercises every day, though. Been eating less, but only down 4 pounds.
    Hoping insomnia doesn't screw me over again, finally slept at night last night and back on track. Will be hitting the gym today if Hallia doesn't have other obligations.
    Ye stuff like that is obv making it very very hard. But great that you managed to do exercises at home though. That is a great moral,to work through the hard times liked that. im sure it will also make it easier when you go to the gym next time that you stayed active

  50. ISO #50
    Went to the gym 4 days last week, so reached that goal and on my off days I've been doing my 30 push ups, sit ups, squats and a couple others for booty. Still eat too much, part of the issue of being home almost all the time, can just grab food whenever. Trying to work on my self control. On the bright side I'm making muscle so it will be easier to burn the calories. Down 5 pounds total.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  •  

Keyboard Shortcuts

about us
Mafia Universe is a community hub for people who enjoy playing the forum variant of Mafia (also known as Werewolf). We offer fully automated Mafia games and a wide variety of customized features crafted to optimize your game experience. We also proudly host the Internet's only database of Mafia/Werewolf communities.

We hope you stick around!
Role of the Day
Confidant

The Confidant starts the game with a list of roles that may or may not be in the game and must pick only one of these on Night 0. The Confidant must then hereafter target one player every night and if they ever target a town-aligned player who has the role that was the one picked from the list before the game, they get a positive result. Otherwise they will get a negative result.