Community
    NovoCiv
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Pirates of the Caribbean

Pirates of the Caribbean - The Mafia Game

Hosted By: Stork + Beck + Thingyman
    Start Date: Monday, March 21st.
    SOD/EOD: Day will begin @ 7:00 AM EST and will end @ 8:00 PM EST.
    Phase Lengths: During the week, 36 hours per day phase and 12 hours per night phase. During the weekend, it's 60/12.
    Lynch mechanics: Deadline lynch (person with most votes at the deadline is lynched), in the case of a tie the lynch will be randomized between those tied, no lynch is a valid vote.
    Night Action Deadline: Night Actions are due by 6:30 AM EST.
    Night Chat: Not allowed, the thread is closed during night phases.
    Out of Thread Communication: Not allowed under any circumstances, unless you're provided with a private thread allowing for outside communication. This will be detailed in your Role PM.
    Posting Requirement: I ask that if you sign up for this game, you will post a minimum of five (5) times during each Day Phase. If you fail to meet this requirement, I will prod you and start looking for a potential sub in case you don't respond. If a slot ever goes inactive for two consecutive day phases, it will be modkilled -- and I reserve the right to also modkill if a slot has been inactive on two non-consecutive day phases, depending on the circumstances.

?Argghhh! Welcome to the Pirates of the Caribbean Mafia!?

We will be using this setup from mafiascum created by @Titus: Don't Trust the Cops.

Changes made to above setup in this game:
    - Wagon sensor not a possible role.
    - The potential Hated modifier is not in play.
    - The mafia have day chat per standard, so the Encryptor role is not in play either.
    - There is the possibility of X-Shot, Odd/Even Nights or X-Night power modifiers.

Ace of Spaids
    Alette
    Apoc
    bopolis
    Cuthalion
    Dot
    Emberguard
    Firebringer
    Frog
    Lissa
    LordJvK
    Mar
    Montecore
    mor_tilt
    Roman
    Telcontar
    Titus
    Viggorous
    VikeStep
    XthAtGAm3RGuYX
    Zack

THE SUBS
    1) Moonious
    2) Inawordyes
    3) Alabaster (will replace an out before game start)
    4) Verethragna
    5) Mischief
    6) SoberX
    7) TehBankertin

THE SPECTAOTRS
    1) benneh
    2) Panther
    3) Visorslash
    4) Monstrman

IT IS NIGHT. DO NOT POST.
    Last edited by Thingyman; March 30th, 2016 at 01:57 AM.

2. ISO #2
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    NovoCiv
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself

THE MOST IMPORTANT RULE OF THEM ALL
    NEVER talk about this game with other players outside of this game thread, UNLESS your role PM gives you explicit permission to do so (if you are part of a mafia or third party team or a masonry).

So this means that you are NOT allowed to send someone even seemingly innocuous messages such as "Wow, this <insert player name> is pretty wacky, huh?"?, "this Pirates of the Caribbean game is pretty fun" or "I'm so busy right now, which is why I'm barely even posting in the game".

If another player references the game to you outside of the game thread, you need to inform me of this ASAP!

INSTRUCTIONS TO FIT IN, HAVE EVERYBODY LIKE YOU, AND ALWAYS BE HAPPY
    • Once again, only post/talk about the game in this thread. Don't PM other players, unless your role PM allows this. Also, don't post anything about the game in other threads or on other forums.
    • Don't try to use the form of your role PM. So a screenshot of your role PM would be cheating. As would discussing the time stamp of your PM.
    • When the thread is open and the Game Host has announced DAY you can post in it. But only as long as you are a live player. No deadposting, please.
    • Breadcrumbing is allowed. Secret codes requiring keys or anything resembling that is NOT allowed.
    • This is a game of lying. Players are expected to lie. No statement or promise a player makes within the game has any force outside the game. As an example, a bet offered in a game is not something you can collect if you win.
    • If we believe you to bending the rules intentionally in a way that clearly goes against the spirit of the rules and the game, then that would also be grounds for modkill. Do not try to get fancy or angly with the rules, please.
    • If you have any questions about rules, send a PM to this account. I'd be happy to help. You should not be asking the Game Host questions in the thread and neither should you ever refer to private communications with the mod.
    • No hydra'ing / multi-accounting is allowed. Do not share your account with anyone else.
    • Treat your fellow players with respect. Hostility will not be tolerated.

Refer to this post for the complete, standard ruleset for mafia games.

LYNCH RULES
    Each game day has a set deadline for when the voting ends. The player with the most votes at the deadline is lynched. If there is a tie between two or more players, then the Game Host will randomize the lynch between the tied players.

No Lynch is a valid vote.

GAME-RELATED QUESTIONS
    Any and all questions related to the game in any fashion must be asked to the Hosts (Stork & Beck) privately. Any questions asked publicly will be ignored. If the answer to the question is deemed by myself to be pertinent information then I will answer in-thread. Again, never discuss conversations with the Host in the game thread.

WIN CONDITIONS
    There are no Wincons within the Role PMs.

The Village Wincon is: “The Village wins when they have eliminated all threats to the Village.”

The Wolf Wincon is: “The Wolves win when they cannot be mechanically prevented from eliminating all threats to the Wolves.”

Other Wincons may or may not exist.

Last edited by Beck; March 20th, 2016 at 10:05 PM.

3. ISO #3
    Timezone
    Community
    NovoCiv
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself

Recommended reading for those that are new to Mafia Universe.

VOTING FOR SOMEONE
    Vote for someone by using the vote tags: [ v ]Beck[ /v ]. This will give you this:

##Vote Beck
    You can also quickly paste these tags into the reply box by clicking on the box with a check mark icon as shown here:

As for vote counts, these will appear automatically in the thread at various intervals. Feel free to tag the Hosts (@Stork and/or Beck) if you want an updated vote count.

CALLING UP A VOTE COUNT
    Vote counts will appear automatically at various intervals, but you can actually call up vote counts yourself by following these steps:

First, you need to apply to join "Mafia Game Hosts" under Permission Groups.

Second, once your request has been approved, you will be able to call up vote counts by simply pushing the "Post Votes" button in the top right corner of any game thread that you'd like an updated vote count for.

Please don't spam vote counts -- if you do, we'll be forced to remove you from the "Mafia Game Hosts" permission group.

ISOLATING A PLAYER'S POSTS
    If you wish to read a player's posts in isolation, simply click on ISO? in the top right corner of one of that player's posts in the relevant thread as illustrated here:

Alternatively, you can access a player's posts in isolation by clicking on the number next to Replies: in the forum lobby.

Doing so will pull up a window listing the post counts for everyone who has posted in that thread. You access someone's posts in isolation by simply clicking on the number next to Posts: for that person.

PRIVATE THREADS
    The forum features custom-made threads for the purposes of private communication, in case you have a role that allows communication outside of the game thread. You can read more about how these work from a Game Host perspective here, but as a player, all you need to know is this: To view a private thread, you both need to receive permission to view it AND you need the link to the thread (which the Game Host will send to you in a PM).

In other words, there's no way for any unauthorized player to ever be able to view your posts in a private thread. Your post count won't go up if you make posts here, your posts won't be searchable in any way, and the subforum will never show anyone as viewing it.

Also, to make sure that you don't mistakenly post in a game thread, when you were meaning to post in a private thread, the skin for the private thread subforum will always be set to Green Metro.

NEW FEATURE: BOOKMARKS
    Whenever you open a game thread, you are able to bookmark posts. This is for many players an important tool for keeping track of and remembering vital pieces of information, reads, claims etc.

Also, note that these bookmarks are saved to your user account, meaning that it eliminates the trouble associated with keeping notes between different computers/devices.

If you want to bookmark a post, you simply scroll to the post that you want to bookmark and press "Set Bookmark" as shown here:

This will call up 5 different colored icons (Blue, Red, Yellow, Green, and Black) on the right side of the post in question. You can click any of these icons, which will then prompt you to include a note for the post.

If you don't want to include a note, you don't have to - just leave it blank. The color coding in itself can be a valuable tool. Maybe you want to use Red bookmarks for posts that you find suspicious, Green bookmarks for posts that you find townie, Black bookmarks for posts containing claims, or whatever system you can think of that will be helpful to you.

Once this is done, you have now successfully bookmarked a post with a certain color and maybe even a note. If you wish to remove the bookmark again, click on "Unset Bookmark".

How do I access bookmarks?

There are two ways to access your bookmarks.

1) Inside a game thread, you can access the bookmarks for that specific game by simply clicking on "Access Bookmarks" on any post as shown here:

This will bring you to a separate page that is automatically filtered to only show bookmarks from the game thread that you accessed the page from.

2) You can also access your bookmarks by going to Features in the site's top menu:

This will bring you to a page where no bookmarks are shown by default. However, you have several filtering options.

You can filter by Game, by Player and by Color - and all of them at once if you so wish.

Here's an example of filtering by only red bookmarks in one specific game:

If you want to be taken directly to one of your bookmarked posts, you just click the post number.

How do I quote bookmarks?

You can also multi-quote bookmarked posts by clicking the little "+" button seen above on the far right side of each bookmark.

Once you have multi-quoted all the bookmarked posts that you want to quote, you will then have to go to the game thread in which you wish to quote the bookmarked posts.

Here you have two ways of quoting the posts.

1) Click on "Reply With Quote" on another post as shown here:

You will then probably want to delete the last post quoted in the reply box, but otherwise you should be good to go.

2) Or you can do the more smooth option and click the "Reply To Thread" button at the top and bottom of the game thread - as shown here:

By doing this you will open up a reply box containing only your multi-quoted bookmarked posts.

4. ISO #4
    Timezone
    Community
    NovoCiv
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself

CHARACTER CLAIMING AND ROLE CLAIMING
    Character names and additional flavour will not be included within each Role PM, but instead revealed upon a player's death. You may claim your Role.

You may NOT quote your Role PM, as per the usual rules. General paraphrasing is fine.

WIN CONDITIONS
    There are no Wincons within the Role PMs.

The Town Wincon is: “The Town wins when they have eliminated all threats to the Town.”

The Mafia Wincon is: “The Mafia wins when they cannot be mechanically prevented from eliminating all threats to the Mafia.”

Other Wincons may or may not exist.

SAMPLE ROLE PMS

Vanilla Townie
    Pirates of the Caribbean Mafia
    Hello USERNAME!

You are a Vanilla Townie.

You are the soul of the game; your vote is your weapon.

Best of luck!

Pirates of the Caribbean GAME THREAD

Town Power Role
    Pirates of the Caribbean Mafia
    Hello USERNAME!

You are the Watcher.

Every night, starting Night 1, you may Watch another player. If this player performs an action that night you will be notified of who visited them, but not what action was used.

Best of luck!

Pirates of the Caribbean GAME THREAD

NIGHT ACTIONS
    Any and all Night Actions MUST be sent to @Stork. Night Actions sent to any account other than Stork's will be disregarded.

5. ISO #5

IT IS DAY!

YOU MAY POST!

6. ISO #6
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    Pirates of the Caribbean Day 1 Votecount

Votes Target Voters (Posts in Phase)
    21 Not voting Telcontar (0), Roman (0), mor_tilt (0), Montecore (0), Titus (0), Viggorous (0), Zack (0), XthAtGAm3RGuYX (0), VikeStep (0), Mar (0), LordJvK (0), Cuthalion (0), bopolis (0), Apoc (0), Alette (0), Dot (0), Emberguard (0), Lissa (0), Frog (0), Firebringer (0), Ace of Spaids (0)

View Vote History

Day 1 ends at 8:00 PM EDT on Tuesday, March 22nd, 2016. There are 1458691260000 remaining.

Requested by Stork at 1 days, 12 hours, 58 minutes, 4 seconds remaining.

7. ISO #7
    Community
    FTB Forums

8. ISO #8
    Community
    murdermystery@gmail
    Quote Originally Posted by VikeStep View Post
    Hello everyone.
    You stole my first!

9. ISO #9
    Community
    FTB Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Frog View Post
    Hello everyone.
    You stole my first!

You were three minutes late though. You need to be more dedicated.

Also, love the title.

10. ISO #10
    Timezone
    UTC+11:00
    Community
    Neoseeker

Looks like we don't get specific characters, only roles. Which is good. Because I have no theme knowledge.

11. ISO #11
    Timezone
    Community
    Neoseeker

12. ISO #12
    Community
    murdermystery@gmail
    Hello everyone.
    You stole my first!

You were three minutes late though. You need to be more dedicated.

Also, love the title.
    I'm buddied... by no man!

##Vote VikeStep

13. ISO #13
    Community
    FTB Forums

14. ISO #14
    Timezone
    Community
    Neoseeker

15. ISO #15
    Community
    murdermystery@gmail
    Quote Originally Posted by Emberguard View Post
    @VikeStep you ninja!
    Look who's talking, dark arts ninja Emberguard. I expected a certain 5 others to be here in the thread with me. Guess we just got me and you two.

16. ISO #16
    Community
    FTB Forums
    Am I the only Australian on the player list?

17. ISO #17
    Community
    murdermystery@gmail
    Interesting vote there Frog
    I bet you'll never seriously vote VikeStep.

It's just a nuts theory I'm going off of right now.

Blatantly obvious what I mean by the above based on my last post.

18. ISO #18
    Community
    murdermystery@gmail
    I think there are a couple other Aussies.

19. ISO #19
    Timezone
    Community
    Neoseeker
    I'm Australian. Probably going to go to bed soon

20. ISO #20
    Community
    murdermystery@gmail
    I feel like de ja vu here.
    Yeah, that was almost entirely due to powerwolfing in the mash. This is different.

21. ISO #21
    Timezone
    Community
    Neoseeker
    @VikeStep you ninja!
    Look who's talking, dark arts ninja Emberguard. I expected a certain 5 others to be here in the thread with me. Guess we just got me and you two.
    Another nickname to add to my collection.

22. ISO #22
    Community
    murdermystery@gmail
    @VikeStep you ninja!
    Another nickname to add to my collection.
    D.A.N.E.

23. ISO #23
    Community
    murdermystery@gmail

Before you leave, drop a vote

Again, I'm about 66% you won't vote VikeStep

24. ISO #24
    Community
    FTB Forums
    Yeah, that was almost entirely due to powerwolfing in the mash. This is different.
    Oh yeah, dw. Not making any moves on you or anything. I'm in the pre-serious-meme phase right now. It's a phase of my own because Australian timezone means I am here at the start when a lot of people are sleeping.

25. ISO #25
    Timezone
    Community
    Neoseeker
    What difference will it make if I do or don't? You're trying to bait me into voting. So if I do all it means is I've decided to go along with your suggestion, if I don't it means I'm suspicious of what you're trying to do and aren't voting because of what you're doing as opposed to what Vike's doing

26. ISO #26
    Community
    FTB Forums
    I think Frog has a similar meme phase at the beginning of the game. I appreciate that.

27. ISO #27
    Timezone
    Community
    Neoseeker

28. ISO #28
    Community
    FTB Forums
    It just means that you take the game a little seriously, but not too seriously at this point. At least in my eyes.

29. ISO #29
    Community
    murdermystery@gmail
    Oh yeah, dw. Not making any moves on you or anything. I'm in the pre-serious-meme phase right now. It's a phase of my own because Australian timezone means I am here at the start when a lot of people are sleeping.
    I have nothing to worry about. :-)

If I guess your wolf team now, I want snaps.

VikeStep
    Emberguard

Not Lord/Apoc (Think they're over in Oceaniania, but don't remember)

Maybe people who just logged out to sleep:
    Mar/Firebringer?

30. ISO #30
    Community
    murdermystery@gmail
    What difference will it make if I do or don't? You're trying to bait me into voting. So if I do all it means is I've decided to go along with your suggestion, if I don't it means I'm suspicious of what you're trying to do and aren't voting because of what you're doing as opposed to what Vike's doing
    You seem overly concerned with how you'll be perceived.

31. ISO #31
    Community
    FTB Forums
    For what its worth, you voting or not voting right now will not matter for me. I think you are overthinking the outcome.

32. ISO #32
    Community
    FTB Forums
    I have nothing to worry about. :-)

If I guess your wolf team now, I want snaps.

VikeStep
    Emberguard

Not Lord/Apoc (Think they're over in Oceaniania, but don't remember)

Maybe people who just logged out to sleep:
    Mar/Firebringer?
    Are snaps just quick reads? (never used that jargon before)

33. ISO #33
    Timezone
    Community
    Neoseeker
    haha. You're actually basing people on whether or not they're a wolf on they're sleep schedule? xD Oh and no snaps for you

34. ISO #34
    Community
    murdermystery@gmail
    It just means that you take the game a little seriously, but not too seriously at this point. At least in my eyes.
    I mean, we can cut the meme phase and tempo build with IIoA discussions.

Like:
    In this setup, I believe we shouldn't discuss strategy today.

Agree or Disagree?

35. ISO #35
    Timezone
    Community
    Neoseeker
    I always take the game seriously.

36. ISO #36
    Timezone
    Community
    Neoseeker
    @Frog depends on the depth of the strategy we're talking about.

37. ISO #37
    Community
    FTB Forums
    I mean, we can cut the meme phase and tempo build with IIoA discussions.

Like:
    In this setup, I believe we shouldn't discuss strategy today.

Agree or Disagree?
    Well, we are discussing strategy now aren't we?

Jokes aside, it will probably be brought up anyways, but I agree since I think most people have a good grasp of what to look out for on d1.

38. ISO #38
    Timezone
    Community
    Neoseeker
    (Psst. what's IIoA discussions and snaps?)

39. ISO #39
    Community
    murdermystery@gmail
    haha. You're actually basing people on whether or not they're a wolf on they're sleep schedule? xD Oh and no snaps for you
    Wolves howl at the moon, naturally, wolves don't sleep.

Ergo, Town sleep at night.

40. ISO #40
    Timezone
    Community
    Neoseeker
    Haha. Like how on Neoseeker Dirk says Seapigs feed on scum. So you better like seapigs xD

41. ISO #41
    Community
    murdermystery@gmail
    (Psst. what's IIoA discussions and snaps?)
    Snaps, I think it's just another word for applause, but in a less aggressive way.

IIoA = Information Instead of Analysis

Generally a wolfy move in later stages, but it's a fine replacement for meme central in RVS stages IMO.

42. ISO #42
    Timezone
    Community
    Neoseeker
    Well no applause for you unless I'm recruited and those people just /happen/ to be on the scum team. That'd be a pretty amazing guess then.

43. ISO #43
    Community
    FTB Forums
    I'm pretty amazed at how it is still us three here.

44. ISO #44
    Timezone
    Community
    Neoseeker

45. ISO #45
    Community
    murdermystery@gmail
    I think VikeStep is probably just a nice player in general.

e.g. buddyingish post + "dw" post

-----
    @Emberguard, I think you cared too much about how you're viewed, but I'd have to see some more of your games. Can you link any recent wolf/town semi-open games?

##Unvote

46. ISO #46
    Community
    murdermystery@gmail
    I'm pretty amazed at how it is still us three here.
    I seriously expected scum to come in and dominate the early thread.

I think it's possible we're left to our own devices to set the stage for wolves to jump in opportunistically or just have no strong opinion altogether.

47. ISO #47
    Community
    FTB Forums
    I think Frog is good and I share his sentiments that Ember did care a bit too much about how she is viewed. Not enough for me to find her scummy though.

48. ISO #48
    Community
    murdermystery@gmail
    I think Frog is good and I share his sentiments that Ember did care a bit too much about how she is viewed. Not enough for me to find her scummy though.
    My bad Ember, I'll use the proper pronouns here on in.

49. ISO #49
    Community
    murdermystery@gmail
    While Ember is looking up games links, I'm assuming?

I'll repeat - I expected wolves to dominate early for thread presence, but neither of you are extremely wolfy yet.

It's possible wolves are waiting for us to tear each other apart before dipping their toes in the thread.

50. ISO #50
    Community
    FTB Forums
    While Ember is looking up games links, I'm assuming?

I'll repeat - I expected wolves to dominate early for thread presence, but neither of you are extremely wolfy yet.

It's possible wolves are waiting for us to tear each other apart before dipping their toes in the thread.
    Well if that's what they are doing, then they will be waiting a while...