NovoCiv
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Mario Kart 8 Mafia (Long Phase)

MARIO KART 8 MAFIA
    Hosted By: ModBot
    Start Date: Monday, April 25th.
    SOD/EOD: 8:00 AM EST SOD & 8:00 AM EST EOD
    Phase Lengths: 120h/48h, continuous (one week cycle).
    Mechanics: Deadline lynch w/ majority option starting Day 1, in the case of a tie the lynch will be randomized, no lynch is a valid vote.
    Night Chat: Not allowed, the thread is closed during night phases.
    Out of Thread Communication: Not allowed under any circumstances, unless you're provided with a private thread allowing for outside communication. This will be detailed in your Role PM.
    Post Requirements: Each player must make a minimum of five (5) posts per Day Phase. Players that do not meet this requirement will be replaced without notice.
    The setup used for this game will pull, at random, from the Matrix6 table. Players will be unaware of which setup is chosen.
    1) champ2947
    2) Revival
    3) FCD
    4) Moliere
    5) Legato Endless
    6) sanari
    7) Dom
    8) Mantichora
    9) Bread

SUBS
    1) Zack
    2) EMPOWERED AIR
    3)

Let's a-go!

IT IS NIGHT. DO NOT POST.
    Last edited by Thingyman; April 26th, 2016 at 06:35 PM.

2. ISO #2
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    NovoCiv
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself

THE MOST IMPORTANT RULE OF THEM ALL
    NEVER talk about this game with other players outside of this game thread, UNLESS your Role PM gives you explicit permission to do so (if you are part of the Mafia or a third party team or a masonry).

So this means that you are NOT allowed to send someone even seemingly innocuous messages such as "Wow, this <insert player name> is pretty wacky, huh?"?, "this Transformers game is pretty fun" or "I'm so busy right now, which is why I'm barely even posting in the game".

If another player references the game to you outside of the game thread, you need to inform me of this ASAP!

INSTRUCTIONS TO FIT IN, HAVE EVERYBODY LIKE YOU, AND ALWAYS BE HAPPY
    • Once again, only post/talk about the game in this thread. Don't PM other players, unless your role PM allows this. Also, don't post anything about the game in other threads or on other forums.
    • Don't try to use the form of your Role PM. So a screenshot of your Role PM would be cheating. As would discussing the time stamp of your PM.
    • When the thread is open and the Game Host has announced DAY you can post in it. But only as long as you are a live player. No deadposting, please.
    • Breadcrumbing is allowed. Secret codes requiring keys or anything resembling that is NOT allowed.
    • This is a game of lying. Players are expected to lie. No statement or promise a player makes within the game has any force outside the game. As an example, a bet offered in a game is not something you can collect if you win.
    • If we believe you to be bending the rules intentionally in a way that clearly goes against the spirit of the rules and the game, then that would also be grounds for ModKill. Do not try to get fancy or angly with the rules, please.
    • If you have any questions about rules, send a PM to this me, Beck. I'd be happy to help. You should not be asking the Game Host questions in the thread and neither should you ever refer to private communications with me.
    • No hydra'ing / multi-accounting is allowed. Do not share your account with anyone else.
    • Treat your fellow players with respect. Hostility will not be tolerated.

Refer to this post for the complete, standard rule-set for mafia games.

LYNCH RULES
    Each game day has a set deadline for when the voting ends. The player with the most votes at the deadline is lynched. If there is a tie between two or more players, then the Game Host will randomize the lynch between the tied players.

No Lynch is a valid vote.

GAME SCHEDULE
    Day 1 will begin on Thursday, March 31st @ 8:00 AM EST, and will end on Friday, April 1st @ 8:00 PM EST. Night 1 will begin on Friday, April 1st @ 8:00 PM EST, and will end on Saturday, April 2nd @ 8:00 AM EST. This 24-hour cycle will continue until the game ends.

3. ISO #3
    Timezone
    Community
    NovoCiv
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself

Recommended reading for those that are new to Mafia Universe.

VOTING FOR SOMEONE
    Vote for someone by using the vote tags: [ v ]Beck[ /v ]. This will give you this:

##Vote Beck
    You can also quickly paste these tags into the reply box by clicking on the box with a check mark icon as shown here:

As for vote counts, these will appear automatically in the thread at various intervals. Feel free to tag the Host (@Beck) if you want an updated vote count.

CALLING UP A VOTE COUNT
    Vote counts will appear automatically at various intervals, but you can actually call up vote counts yourself by following these steps:

First, you need to apply to join "Mafia Game Hosts" under Permission Groups.

Second, once your request has been approved, you will be able to call up vote counts by simply pushing the "Post Votes" button in the top right corner of any game thread that you'd like an updated vote count for.

Please don't spam vote counts -- if you do, we'll be forced to remove you from the "Mafia Game Hosts" permission group.

ISOLATING A PLAYER'S POSTS
    If you wish to read a player's posts in isolation, simply click on ISO? in the top right corner of one of that player's posts in the relevant thread as illustrated here:

Alternatively, you can access a player's posts in isolation by clicking on the number next to Replies: in the forum lobby.

Doing so will pull up a window listing the post counts for everyone who has posted in that thread. You access someone's posts in isolation by simply clicking on the number next to Posts: for that person.

PRIVATE THREADS
    The forum features custom-made threads for the purposes of private communication, in case you have a role that allows communication outside of the game thread. You can read more about how these work from a Game Host perspective here, but as a player, all you need to know is this: To view a private thread, you both need to receive permission to view it AND you need the link to the thread (which the Game Host will send to you in a PM).

In other words, there's no way for any unauthorized player to ever be able to view your posts in a private thread. Your post count won't go up if you make posts here, your posts won't be searchable in any way, and the subforum will never show anyone as viewing it.

Also, to make sure that you don't mistakenly post in a game thread, when you were meaning to post in a private thread, the skin for the private thread subforum will always be set to Green Metro.

NEW FEATURE: BOOKMARKS
    Whenever you open a game thread, you are able to bookmark posts. This is for many players an important tool for keeping track of and remembering vital pieces of information, reads, claims etc.

Also, note that these bookmarks are saved to your user account, meaning that it eliminates the trouble associated with keeping notes between different computers/devices.

If you want to bookmark a post, you simply scroll to the post that you want to bookmark and press "Set Bookmark" as shown here:

This will call up 5 different colored icons (Blue, Red, Yellow, Green, and Black) on the right side of the post in question. You can click any of these icons, which will then prompt you to include a note for the post.

If you don't want to include a note, you don't have to - just leave it blank. The color coding in itself can be a valuable tool. Maybe you want to use Red bookmarks for posts that you find suspicious, Green bookmarks for posts that you find townie, Black bookmarks for posts containing claims, or whatever system you can think of that will be helpful to you.

Once this is done, you have now successfully bookmarked a post with a certain color and maybe even a note. If you wish to remove the bookmark again, click on "Unset Bookmark".

How do I access bookmarks?

There are two ways to access your bookmarks.

1) Inside a game thread, you can access the bookmarks for that specific game by simply clicking on "Access Bookmarks" on any post as shown here:

This will bring you to a separate page that is automatically filtered to only show bookmarks from the game thread that you accessed the page from.

2) You can also access your bookmarks by going to Features in the site's top menu:

This will bring you to a page where no bookmarks are shown by default. However, you have several filtering options.

You can filter by Game, by Player and by Color - and all of them at once if you so wish.

Here's an example of filtering by only red bookmarks in one specific game:

If you want to be taken directly to one of your bookmarked posts, you just click the post number.

How do I quote bookmarks?

You can also multi-quote bookmarked posts by clicking the little "+" button seen above on the far right side of each bookmark.

Once you have multi-quoted all the bookmarked posts that you want to quote, you will then have to go to the game thread in which you wish to quote the bookmarked posts.

Here you have two ways of quoting the posts.

1) Click on "Reply With Quote" on another post as shown here:

You will then probably want to delete the last post quoted in the reply box, but otherwise you should be good to go.

2) Or you can do the more smooth option and click the "Reply To Thread" button at the top and bottom of the game thread - as shown here:

By doing this you will open up a reply box containing only your multi-quoted bookmarked posts.

4. ISO #4
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    Mario Kart 8 Mafia: Game Start!

This is an automated game of Mafia.

Setup - 9 Players

CLOSED
    • Majority is in effect. Day will end the instant a majority is reached.
    • No Lynching is enabled. Vote for No Lynch to forgo a lynch that Day.
    • Mafia kills are assigned. They can be tracked, watched, or roleblocked.
    • Cops do not get n0 peeks.
    • Mafia may communicate at any time.
    • If the lynch vote ends in a tie, then a player will be lynched at random from among the tied players.

Phase Lengths

Days are 120 hours in length. Nights are 24 hours in length.

Players

@Bread
    @Dom
    @FCD
    @Legato Endless
    @Mantichora
    @Moliere
    @Revival
    @champ2947
    @sanari

IT IS DAY 1!

Day 1 ends at 8:00 AM EDT on Sunday, April 24th, 2016. There are 1461499260000 remaining.

5. ISO #5
    Timezone
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    AKA
    scrambledwowee
    Hi everyone!

6. ISO #6
    Community
    Mafiascum
    This is my second game of many here! I did not know we were counting!

At any rate, hello.

7. ISO #7
    Community
    Octopus Overlords
    My first game at Mafia Universe. Be gentle. :cantlook

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10
    Timezone
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    AKA
    scrambledwowee

11. ISO #11
    i am voting moliere, not them

12. ISO #12
    Community
    Octopus Overlords
    Quote Originally Posted by Bread View Post
    Any particular reason?

13. ISO #13
    Timezone
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    AKA
    scrambledwowee
    I meant moliere

14. ISO #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    Any particular reason?
    you

15. ISO #15
    Quote Originally Posted by sanari View Post
    This is my second game of many here! I did not know we were counting!

At any rate, hello.
    Me too.

After a game that gave no time for deliberations, I'm playing a game with a phase that goes long enough I'll probably forget about this game and then remember anew I'm playing it before phase's end.

Anyway, greetings everyone. Looking forward to playing with new people.

16. ISO #16
    Mantichora's Avatar Game Manager
    Community
    MiniMafia

17. ISO #17
    Timezone
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    AKA
    scrambledwowee

18. ISO #18
    Community
    VGCW
    Ok, ready for my first game outside my community! This should be pretty cool!

19. ISO #19
    Quote Originally Posted by champ2947 View Post
    so are we actually gonna talk?
    Yeah I was sleeping
    You know how a seven day game works?

20. ISO #20
    Timezone
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    AKA
    scrambledwowee
    Quote Originally Posted by Revival View Post
    Yeah I was sleeping
    actually its 5 days

21. ISO #21
    Yeah I was sleeping
    actually its 5 days
    Idc
    I asked you a yes or no question

22. ISO #22
    Timezone
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    AKA
    scrambledwowee

23. ISO #23
    Community
    VGCW
    Alright, so we are only missing Dom and everyone will have at least posted once. After that the game should get more interestign as everyone will have had one post to present themself, maybe ask a question too.

24. ISO #24
    Community
    Hypixel

25. ISO #25
    Community
    MiniMafia

26. ISO #26
    I figured we'd just thumb our noses at the format and only post on the last day.

##Vote Dom for being the last one to respond.

27. ISO #27
    In AoPS forums during three weekend long days, 1/3 is spent in RVS with little talk, and then the rest is out of RVS stage with a lot of talking. Otherwise the day is spent getting burned out and Mafia asserting their dominance since the burned out people are burned out.

Anyways, I think champ is town for his question.

##Vote Mantichora

28. ISO #28
    Community
    MiniMafia
    In AoPS forums during three weekend long days, 1/3 is spent in RVS with little talk, and then the rest is out of RVS stage with a lot of talking. Otherwise the day is spent getting burned out and Mafia asserting their dominance since the burned out people are burned out.

##Vote Mantichora
    ##Vote Revival

I'd vig this.

29. ISO #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantichora View Post

##Vote Mantichora
    ##Vote Revival

I'd vig this.
    Nice OMGUS

30. ISO #30
    wagon bread with me
    What happened to this?

31. ISO #31
    Community
    Mafiascum

You are clearing champ for no reason.

32. ISO #32
    ##Vote Revival

See the post I quoted.
    It's townie. Mafia doesn't want to stimulate discussion

33. ISO #33
    So I do in fact have good reason for voting champ

34. ISO #34
    Community
    MiniMafia
    You just made me $10, thanks for calling OMGUS.

Your post was so bad that if I didn't vote, vig, and gladiate you, I would be committing a crime against humanity.

35. ISO #35

Your post was so bad that if I didn't vote, vig, and gladiate you, I would be committing a crime against humanity.
    You don't even know how I play, do you?

36. ISO #36
    What exactly is scummy about my post manti?

37. ISO #37
    Community
    MiniMafia

Poorly?

38. ISO #38

Poorly?

Because stimulating discussion is obviously scummy.

39. ISO #39
    Community
    Mafiascum
    ##Vote Revival

See the post I quoted.
    No. It is a very vague question, null at best. I would call it scummy trying to appear townie.

40. ISO #40
    Community
    Mafiascum
    Scum. Calling it day 1 of day 1.

Only scum are concerned with how they appear. I hope everyone votes with me.

41. ISO #41
    Community
    MiniMafia

42. ISO #42
    Timezone
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    AKA
    scrambledwowee

43. ISO #43
    Timezone
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    AKA
    scrambledwowee
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    I figured we'd just thumb our noses at the format and only post on the last day.

##Vote Dom for being the last one to respond.
    I don't see why this makes them wolfy. They could have been busy or like an Australian time zone or something

44. ISO #44
    Community
    Mafiascum
    Because arguing from fallacy is townie.
    Who are you talking to? A quote would help.

45. ISO #45
    Community
    Octopus Overlords
    Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    Any particular reason?
    you
    Quid pro quo.
    ##Vote Bread

46. ISO #46
    Community
    VGCW
    Sorry for not being really present eysterday, my community had a HUGE event yesterday. So, I see a lot of really quick vote. Is this a common thing? From where I am we prefear to do more posts to give us more things to analyze before actually voting like that.

47. ISO #47
    Community
    Mafiascum
    Sorry for not being really present eysterday, my community had a HUGE event yesterday. So, I see a lot of really quick vote. Is this a common thing? From where I am we prefear to do more posts to give us more things to analyze before actually voting like that.
    I think you are scum. Just a heads up.

Carry on.

48. ISO #48
    ##Vote Revival

See the post I quoted.
    No. It is a very vague question, null at best. I would call it scummy trying to appear townie.
    Have you played with champ at all?
    Apparently you haven't.
    Some things are townie for some people, and some people are scummy for other people
    For champ, this is townie.
    I've been in his town games
    Trust me

49. ISO #49
    Because arguing from fallacy is townie.
    Arguing from fallacy is neither townie or scummy. Both town and Mafia use fallacies. I'm not sure what you're trying to say here.

50. ISO #50
    What's RVS?
    Random voting stage
    It's where players vote randomly to set the game into action
    For example, my vote on Mantichora caused both her and sanari to react and start posting more