Thread: Season 5, Game 1: Luigi's Mansion [The Mafia Championship]

1. Bookmark ISO #1
    Ruler of the Universe Thingyman's Avatar
    Timezone
    UTC+01:00
    Community
    PokerNet / 2+2
    Season 5, Game 1: Luigi's Mansion [The Mafia Championship]

SEASON 5, GAME 1: LUIGI'S MANSION (MAFIA CHAMPIONSHIP)

Welcome to Season 5 of the Mafia Championship!

An international forum-based tournament for skilled Mafia players from 170 different communities!

Spectate the game on our Discord server (650+ members): https://discord.gg/zdeEhcg

Read more about this season and the Mafia Championship here.

Hosted By: Our automated @Mafia Host w/ @Aquilla providing flavor
    Start Date: May 7, 2018
    SOD/EOD: 7 AM EDT / 7 PM EDT
    Phase Lengths: 36/12
    Lynch Mechanics: Deadline Lynch (person with most votes is lynched at the end of the deadline). In case of a tie, one of the tied players will randomly be lynched. No lynch is a valid vote. Starting Day 2, Majority is enabled, meaning the players can end day early if someone attains a majority of the votes.
    Night Chat In Thread: No, thread will be locked during Night Phases
    Out of Thread Communication: Only the Mafia team may communicate with each other outside of the thread (24/7)
    First randomly select a number to decide the mafia team's composition of Power Roles (1-2), then randomly select a letter to decide the town's composition of Power Roles (A-E). Fill in the number of Vanilla Townies needed to make the town team have 13 members total, and you have your setup (13 townies versus 4 mafia).

Column 1 Column 2
    Mafia Goon
    Mafia Goon
    Mafia Goon
    Mafia Goon
    Mafia Goon
    Mafia Goon
    Mafia Goon
    Mafia Role Cop
    Row A Town Even Night Vigilante
    Town Roleblocker
    Town Voyeur
    Town Even Night Vigilante
    Town Roleblocker
    Town Tracker
    Row B Town Even Night Vigilante
    Town Jailkeeper
    Town Jailkeeper
    Town Voyeur
    Row C Town Tracker
    Town Jailkeeper
    Town Tracker
    Town Jailkeeper
    Town Voyeur
    Row D Town Tracker
    Town Roleblocker
    Town Voyeur
    Town Jack of All Trades*
    Town Motion Detector
    Row E Town Doctor
    Town Jack of All Trades*
    Town Doctor
    Town Roleblocker
    Town Motion Detector

Additional information:

*Town Jack of All Trades: 1x Vigilante, 1x Roleblocker, 1x Tracker.

Example:
    If you randed 2 and B, then you'd get the following setup:

Mafia Goon, Mafia Goon, Mafia Goon, Mafia Role Cop
    vs.
    Town Even Night Vigilante, Town Jailkeeper, Town Voyeur, 10 Vanilla Townies

So the general idea is that as a townie, you know you're up against one of 2 possible mafia team compositions. And as a mafia you know you're up against one of 5 possible town team compositions. The more powerful the mafia team is, the more power is given to the town team, naturally.

Important setup notes:
    • The mafia's factional kill must be assigned to a single member of their team each night. This means that the mafia's factional kill can, for example, be blocked by a Town Jailkeeper or tracked by a Town Tracker.
    • None of the included roles can self-target, including the protective roles.
    • Doctors, Jailkeepers, and Roleblockers are not allowed to target the same players on consecutive nights.
    • The Even Night Vigilante may only shoot on even nights (i.e. Night 2, Night 4, etc.).
    • There are no night 0 actions (aka pre-game actions).

Role explanations:
    Please go to this page to read about the different roles if you're unfamiliar with them (important: you can find the exact wording of the Role PMs here): https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums...oles-Modifiers
    # REPRESENTATIVE COMMUNITY BACK-UP(S)
    1 @antialiasis The Cave of Dragonflies @Redneckphoenix / @mewtini
    2 @Ardent Azurilland @Crystal
    3 @Bubba Malazan Empire
    4 @Carbon_Dirt PLoungeMafia @CCC_037
    5 @ChillyRey Devil's Nest
    6 @Chris Dragonmount
    7 @Elusia Manga Helpers
    8 @KnightsofCydonia Kongregate @catgode
    9 @Mahanaxar The Center @Blackjak
    10 @Nakuzami PokeCommunity
    11 @Nego Vendetta Strada @itsbrianyay
    12 @orez Neoseeker @JohnCarter
    13 @Poyser Wrestling Forum @Bananas
    14 @Quixima MyAnimeList @ScarletCelestial
    15 @Slaan CivForum
    16 @Tea Bay 12 Games
    17 @The Mighty Quinn The Giraffe Boards @Archangel

GET HYPED!

Last edited by bearsquared; May 6th, 2018 at 05:43 PM.

2. Bookmark ISO #2
    Timezone
    Community
    PokerNet / 2+2
    Instructions to fit in, have everybody like you, and always be happy:
    • Only post/talk about the game in this thread. Don't PM other players, unless you are mafia and wish to talk with your teammates. Also, don't post anything about the game in other threads or on other forums.
    • Don't try to use the form of your role PM. So a screenshot of your role PM would be cheating.
    • You are not allowed to change your avatar, location or any other profile info during game in any way that could be construed as hinting at your role.
    • This is a game of lying. Players are expected to lie. No statement or promise a player makes within the game has any force outside the game. As an example, a bet offered in a game is not something you can collect if you win.
    • If we believe you to bending the rules intentionally in a way that clearly goes against the spirit of the rules and the game, then that would also be grounds for modkill.
    • If you have any questions about rules, send a PM to your host. Avoid asking questions to the host in the thread.
    • Don't ever refer to private communications with the Game Host.
    • If you should ever require a replacement, PM Thingyman and stop posting in the thread.
    • No hydra'ing / multi-accounting is allowed. Do not share your account with anyone else.
    • Treat your fellow players with respect. Hostility will not be tolerated.

Refer to this post for the complete, standard ruleset for mafia games.

I will repeat this particular rule once more in big letters to make sure you understand:

DO NOT EVER REFERENCE THIS GAME OUTSIDE OF THIS GAME THREAD. YOU SHOULD NOT BE TALKING ABOUT THIS GAME WHATSOEVER ON YOUR HOME SITE. IF PEOPLE ASK YOU QUESTIONS, TELL THEM YOU CAN'T TALK ABOUT THE GAME AND LINK THEM TO THIS THREAD.
    Last edited by Thingyman; May 6th, 2018 at 01:08 PM.

3. Bookmark ISO #3
    Timezone
    Community
    PokerNet / 2+2

1) antialiasis

REPRESENTING: The Cave of Dragonflies

NATIONALITY: Icelandic

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2007

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: TCoD, a small mafia forum for the Nordic IMO teams

BIO:
    I was introduced to Mafia when the Icelandic, Norwegian and Swedish teams at the 2007 International Mathematical Olympiad in Hanoi, Vietnam got together in a corridor of our hotel in the middle of the night to play a few games. The very first game we played ended in an alien victory on day one. (Do you guys have aliens? Activated when targeted with a nightkill, wins and ends the game if lynched after being activated? That's what happened.) After that one we played some more, and I was captivated.

I prefer playing town. My best scum games happen when I manage to kind of forget I'm scum. I almost managed to win as a serial killer once after making an impassioned argument that someone had been mafia all along in a game everyone had been assuming had only third parties. I wasn't lying, I actually believed it.

I only have a very loose idea of the serious mafia forum meta (my community is largely slow, small, flavor-heavy games with weird experimental setups and role madness), so I might be terrible at this, but mafia is one of my favorite things and I look forward to trying out play in a different environment!

2) Ardent

REPRESENTING: Azurilland

NATIONALITY: American

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2014

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: Azurilland, Town of Salem

BIO:
    I play mafia like a crazy person. I always whip up some wonky theory based on day chat and night actions that have been reported. I don't think I've actually won that many games, but I try real hard. I tend to be cutting with my language and make fun of the particularly bad plays. No one is safe.

3) Bubba

REPRESENTING: Malazan Empire

NATIONALITY: MERICA

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2007

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: Malazan Empire and live action

BIO:
    CLASSIFIED!!!!!

Is a type of ad in a newspaper. But seeings how this a Bio I will tell everyone a little about myself. I enjoy short walks to the fridge to get a beer and looking at pictures of sunsets on the computer while holding hands with an aardvark named Frank.....scratch that last bit.

I have been playing Mafia for over ten years and have run and designed many games. My favorite role is RI (role-less innocent, or what you call Vanilla town) and SYMP (sympathizer) I didn't see that role on the MU site. A Symp is a scum role who will show up as town on a find or death. Their role is to draw heat away from the true killers, cloud the game thread, and mis-direct the town. As far as my game play? Not telling.

And as far as a joke...... A sales rep calls a home to try to sell some insurance. "ring" A little boy answers the phone and whispers "hello"...The salesman says "hello, can I talk with your father please?" the little boy reply's in a whisper "no he's busy" A little taken back the salesman ask "is your mommy home, can I talk with her?" still whispering the boy says "no she is busy too" Starting to get a bit annoyed the salesman asks "is there anyone else there?" the boy quietly answers "yes the policemen and firemen" Starting to get alarmed the salesman asks "what are they all doing in your house?!" .....Boy "looking for me"....."click"

4) Carbon_Dirt

REPRESENTING: PLoungeMafia

NATIONALITY: USA

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: PLoungeMafia, Town of Salem, in person

BIO::
    I mean, you're all from the same internet. I like video games, pop culture references that make me feel clever, and doing my part to run memes into the ground.

Oh and I'm a bit of a gambler, so don't be surprised when I use odds and random number generators to make some decisions in-game.

5) ChillyRey

REPRESENTING: Devil's Nest

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2016

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: Hummingbird (rebranded to Kitsu.io) & the Devil's Nest Discord

BIO:
    My great, great, great grandfather was actually a hooch runner for the Cincinnati mafia. I inherited a taste for good whiskey, minus the penchant for crime.

6) Chris

REPRESENTING: Dragonmount

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA: 2011

HAVE PLAYED ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: $#@! if I know, dude. I have been involved in games (played, mentored, modded, advised) on WalterFootball, Vendetta Strada, DragonMount, 2+2/PoG, Mafia Universe, Town of Salem, EpicMafia, Mafia Scum, Bulbagarden, The Org (I think), and maybe VGF. Plus real life.

BIO:
    I was going to put a picture of an attractive person wearing, well, not that much clothes, but that's "not allowed". Then I was going to put a picture of @Thingyman dancing. But I didn't.

AC tho.

7) Elusia

REPRESENTING: Manga Helpers

NATIONALITY: Filipino

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2017

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: MangaHelpers

BIO:
    Hi, everyone!

I'm fairly new to the Mafia Game, but I both have observed and played them. They were all fun; scouting out liars as a Town, becoming great deceivers as the Mafia or not taking sides as a Third Party. Either way, all roles have a part to play.

I prefer being a townie over them, but I would also like to challenge myself by having different roles, and try not to screw up all the way through.

Whether I'm from one side or another, I'll be sure to do my best!

8) KnightsofCydonia

REPRESENTING: Kongregate

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2015

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: Kongregate, Smogon, and Mafia Universe

BIO:
    If you're Jesus, then we break bread
    If you're Beavis, then we butt heads
    If you're a butthead or a fake friend
    I'll smack ya back to Hollywood, enough said (YUP!)

9) Mahanaxar

REPRESENTING: The Center

NATIONALITY: United States

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: The Center

BIO:
    Hello! Call me Maha. I've been playing mafia obsessively since I was introduced to it just over three years ago but have been posting on forums since high school in the mid-to-late 90s. My favorite role to play is easily the self-aligned because of the challenge and the bag of tricks they often come with. My favorite game type is Role Madness! Love having lots of mechanics to play with. I've hosted many games on my homesite (Lord of the Rings winning game of the year in 2016) and hope to eventually host a game here on MU. This is The Center's first time being a part of this tournament and I hope to do it proud!

10) Nakuzami

REPRESENTING: PokeCommunity

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA: 2010, I believe.

HAVE PLAYED ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: The PokéCommunity, EpicMafia, Mafia Universe, PlayWrite, Safari Zone, communities of the dark past which shan't be named

BIO:
    I started playing mafia when I was around eleven years old, but not long after that initial bout with it I began frequenting a different forum site, The PokéCommunity, which did not have a mafia section at the time, so I took a substantial break from the game. It was about three years ago that I saw someone on the site make a mafia game, which is what got me back into playing and hosting games, and quickly led to me and a few other members and moderators of PC creating the site's mafia subforum, the Underground. I've mainly played there since then, while occasionally frequenting EpicMafia for faster paced games.

This is the third year that PC has been invited to the mafia championships, though it's the first year that I'll be its representative. It was a polarized vote during our first year, with the overall consensus being that I was a bit too abrasive of a player to represent PC (but I'm really a nice person I swear xoxoxo). They then learned about ten seconds into the actual championships that that type of abrasiveness seemed par for the course among its players. The next year I was on a bit of a hiatus from mafia a bit prior to the championships, so I was not selected as a representative then either. Third time's the charm, I suppose, and here I am, though my competition was slimmed after a recent schism on PC that led to the creation of the sites PlayWrite and Safari Zone. The games on PC can sometimes be substantially unorthodox when compared to typical mafia games, with some pretty drastic variations, such as stat-based mafia games, being played there, but I'm well versed in a number of mafia variants and am comfortable playing most any of them. Whether or not I'm actually a talented player, I'll leave up to you all to decide, as this shall be my first time playing with people from such varied mafia backgrounds.

11) Nego

REPRESENTING: Vendetta Strada

NATIONALITY: Universe

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2008

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: Mafia Universe, Vendetta Strada, Court-Records, Kylä, Dragonmount, Epic Mafia

BIO:
    Hi! I'm Nego. I repped my home site in the 2016 championships where I got to advance to the wildcard game.

I usually don't do well on D1 so don't expect any miracles right off the bat. My strenghts lie in EoD vote analysis and ISOs post N1. I do go to work too with Wednesdays being my most busy days so please bear with me! I will do stuff for the game every day even if I'm not actively in the thread!

You can find some of the games I've played here on MU. One of the games I'm the most proud of was Pokémon Go, in which I fake claimed doctor in a setup it made no sense and helped my team to annihilate the town. I do prefer to play as town though!

12) orez

REPRESENTING: Neoseeker

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2008

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: Neoseeker

BIO:
    Yo. So I've been playing mafia since October 2008... Many bits and breaks between then and now, but are my heart I love the game. Role madness, vanilla, kingmaker... It's all good by me. Even stuff like Town of Salem. I just love the whole of the game. It's also introduced me to some amazing people and I hope through the championship games, and maybaps MU as a whole if I stick around, I can see even more of that.

Oh and my favorite role is vanilla townie in role madness games.

Anyway, I'm a 26 year old fella who loves his cats like family and loves his family like he loves his cats. I'm a pretty chill dude, open-minded and I love playing video games in general. At my heart I'm a very competitive person (albeit lightheartedly), and enjoy stuff like League of Legends as well as fighting games. For a few years I also was damn good at competitive battling in Pokemon... played the hell out of Shoddy lmao. I know some people are here form those parts, so if you recognize the name Beej, he's an old bud of mine that taught me. At heart I'm a platformer/rpg fan tho, so stuff like Metroid, Megaman (where my name comes from), Persona, Chrono Trigger.. you get it. I'm a varied dude. I'm also getting way into Monster Hunter and.. hell, I dabble in it all lmao

I'm also a massive Wrestling fan. Chilling in my Booty O's shirt rn, hmu

If you wanna get to know me, that's cool. I hope we can all have a damn good time in these games 8)

13) Poyser

REPRESENTING: Wrestling Forum

NATIONALITY: English

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: Wrestling Forum, Mafia Universe

BIO:
    So since representing WF in the championships last year, I have improved tenfold as a player. Particularly as town which was definitely the alignment that was lacking during the last championships. I'm very prone to aggression in the heat of the game but plz rest assured that is nothing personal and I'll still be your friend outside of the game!

14) Quixima

REPRESENTING: MyAnimeList

NATIONALITY: Canadian

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: MyAnimeList, BoardGameGeek

BIO:
    Other people seem to think ill of me. They always say I’m evil, or seem like a wolf, or ask me why I killed someone. It’s so mean. I’m actually a really nice person and would never do anything to hurt anyone!

All these accusations started haunting me a few years ago when I started playing these strange forum games. They are like these weird puzzle games where you just try and kill everyone else who is playing without anyone thinking you’re the one who did it. But they’re just games, so I don’t get why anyone who think I’m evil just because I eat villagers for fun on the internet!

Hope to have a fun time puzzle-solving with you! Just remember that I’m totally innocent and whoever’s bio is above mine is the person who did it.

15) Slaan

REPRESENTING: CivForum

NATIONALITY: German

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2011

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: civforum.de, mafiauniverse.com, totalwar.org

BIO:
    Hey guys, Slaan here from civforum.de - the best board for Civilisation in the world! I'm a programmer in rl, hail from Germany and at 30 years old I'm probably one of the older participants!

Regarding WW/mafia I've mostly played with my civforum guys and girls prior to signing up here on Mafia Universe roughly a year ago for last years championship.

Looking forward to playing with all of you, lets put on a great how and give it our best!

16) Tea

REPRESENTING: Bay 12 Games

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2005

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: Bay12, Dark Lord Potter, MafiaScum, #mafia (irc.globalgamers.net), Personality Cafe, Mafia Universe, Braingle, The Bell Tree, MTG Salvation, Fantasy Strike, DailyMafia, Town of Salem [flash game], EpicMafia [not forum], Shrine Maiden, Westeros, Two Plus Two, MindRomp, Millennium Wrestling Alliance, Wars of Fergia

BIO:
    I got hooked on mafia at summer camp. We quickly went from playing setups that just had an angel and detective to experimenting with unusual mechanics, like having no card flips but being able to vote to revive a player once every two Days. (Naturally, the mafia started nightkilling themselves). The first online version I happened to stumble upon was at MafiaScum, which I now consider to be more of a social networking site than an enjoyable place to play mafia. I've made thousands of edits to the MafiaScum wiki over the years and still hold a volunteer contributor position for it as a Sysop. So to all communities that have made use of it, you're welcome. (;

Every time I play at a new site, I view it as an opportunity to experiment with what I'd like to focus on and how to present myself. Through drifting between mafia communities I have learned to be very specific and precise with expressing my impressions and thoughts; doing so often sparks conversations that help me realize if inside jokes or meta context have gone over my head, or otherwise helps to bridge cultural gaps. Whether I have the loudest and most frantic voice, or the quietest and most analysis paralyzed one, largely depends on my environment and how it influences me. Bay12 is a site where I am a relatively loud voice, and it's led to my life being succesfully saved from the mafia in all the games I've played there where there's been a protective role.

My intention is to play cooperatively and to do everything I can to make sure my team wins this game. I will not deliberately be changing my playstyle to seek individual recognition.

"you play mafia kinda like an antlion where you are just sparkly and kind and hang out in your sand pit until someone trips up and then you ~pounce~" -hitogoroshi

17) The Mighty Quinn

REPRESENTING: The Giraffe Boards

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2008, but only consistently since 2015

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: Giraffe Boards, Straight Dope Message Board

BIO:
    Greetings to old friends and new! I am representing Giraffe Boards (our last few reps were Colby11, Archangel and LightFoot). We are a small, fun-loving community and tend to prefer closed setups with lots of power roles and wacky rule mechanisms, usually with Days lasting at least 96 hours. Anyone who posts more than ten times a Day is considered a heavy poster. The discussion in our nominating thread went something like this:

Good Player: No thanks, I have a life and can’t make time to keep up with a game with short Days and lots of heavy posters. It’s not like I’m totally obsessed with this silly game, after all.
    Good Player 2: Me either! Besides, those games are all full of rude, obnoxious players.
    Someone, Who May Or May Not Have Been My Sock: Hey, Quinn is obnoxious and posts way too much! Let’s send him. At least we won’t have to deal with him for a while.
    Everyone Else: (shrug)
    And so here I am. I won’t claim to be the best player on Giraffe, and I’m far from being the most experienced, but I have enjoyed following the last couple Championships and am very excited to be here.

I am more of an analytical player than a gut-reader; I think my best skill is carefully analyzing vote records to catch scum. I also like to have fun and jabber during the game. Last year’s GB rep Archangel once said “Quinn has unbelievable WIM as Town”. I’ve not yet really had my breakthrough game as scum; maybe this will be the one!

I am looking forward to a fun game, making new friends and tunneling relentlessly on them.
    Last edited by Thingyman; May 7th, 2018 at 08:31 AM.

4. Bookmark ISO #4
    Timezone
    UTC-07:00
    Community
    Ultimate Mafia / Mafia Universe

If a Voyeur exists in the game, the following clarification will be added to their role PM:

Note that you will not see your own action in your results.

5. Bookmark ISO #5
    Community
    Daily Mafia
    Season 5, Game 1: Luigi's Mansion [The Mafia Championship]: Game Information!

This is an automated game of Mafia.

Setup - 17 Players

SETUP DETAILS FOR 2X5

This is a semi-open grid setup meant for 17 players: 4 mafia versus 13 townies.

Column 1 Column 2
    Mafia Goon
    Mafia Goon
    Mafia Goon
    Mafia Goon
    Mafia Goon
    Mafia Goon
    Mafia Goon
    Mafia Role Cop
    Row A Town Even Night Vigilante
    Town Roleblocker
    Town Voyeur
    Town Roleblocker
    Town Tracker
    Row B Town Even Night Vigilante
    Town Jailkeeper
    Town Jailkeeper
    Town Voyeur
    Row C Town Tracker
    Town Jailkeeper
    Town Tracker
    Town Jailkeeper
    Town Voyeur
    Row D Town Tracker
    Town Roleblocker
    Town Voyeur
    Town Jack of All Trades*
    Town Motion Detector
    Row E Town Doctor
    Town Jack of All Trades*
    Town Doctor
    Town Roleblocker
    Town Motion Detector

*Town Jack of All Trades: 1x Vigilante, 1x Roleblocker, 1x Tracker.

Method for randing:
    First you randomly select a number to decide the mafia team's composition of Power Roles (1-2), then you randomly select a letter to decide the town's composition of Power Roles (A-E). Fill in the number of Vanilla Townies needed to make the town team have 13 members total, and you have your setup. I.e. if you randed 2 and B then you'd get the following setup:

Mafia Goon, Mafia Goon, Mafia Goon, Mafia Role Cop
    vs.
    Town Even Night Vigilante, Town Jailkeeper, Town Voyeur, 10 Vanilla Townies

So the general idea is that as a townie, you know you're up against one of 2 possible mafia team compositions. And as a mafia you know you're up against one of 5 possible town team compositions. The more powerful the mafia team is, the more power is given to the town team, naturally.

Important setup notes:
    • The mafia's factional kill must be assigned to a single member of their team each night. This means that the mafia's factional kill can, for example, be blocked by a Town Jailkeeper or tracked by a Town Tracker.
    • None of the included roles can self-target, including the protective roles.
    • Doctors, Jailkeepers, and Roleblockers are not allowed to target the same players on consecutive nights.
    • The Even Night Vigilante may only shoot on even nights (i.e. Night 2, Night 4, etc.).
    • The Voyeur's own action will not show up in their result.
    • There are no night 0 actions (aka pre-game actions).

Role explanations:
    Please go to this page to read about the different roles if you're unfamiliar with them: https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums...oles-Modifiers
    • Majority will be in effect starting Day 2. Day 2 onward will end the instant a majority is reached.
    • Town wins when all threats to Town have been eliminated.
    • Mafia factions win when they achieve Parity and all other evil factions have been eliminated at any time.
    • Votes are not automatically locked at LYLO.
    • No Lynching is enabled. Vote for No Lynch to forgo a lynch that Day.
    • Mafia factional kills are mandatory. Mafia must submit a factional kill each night, or a player outside their faction will be chosen at random.
    • Mafia factional kills are assigned. They can be tracked, watched, or roleblocked.
    • Mafia may communicate at any time.
    • Tied votes will result in a player being lynched at random from among the tied players.

Phase Lengths

Days are 36 hours in length. Nights are 12 hours in length.

Players

@antialiasis
    @Ardent
    @Bubba
    @Carbon_Dirt
    @ChillyRey
    @Chris
    @Elusia
    @KnightsofCydonia
    @Mahanaxar
    @Nakuzami
    @Nego
    @orez
    @Poyser
    @Quixima
    @Slaan
    @Tea
    @The Mighty Quinn

FAQ

Are you unsure about how actions are processed or how roles interact with each other? Then read more here:

ORDER OF OPERATIONS

Night actions are processed in this order:

Strongman kills
    Roleblocks
    Jails
    Doctors
    Bodyguards
    Kills
    Investigations
    Backups

When an action was submitted during the night will never matter when the actions are processed.

ACTION FEEDBACK

These are the results you will get when you submit certain actions.

Non-investigative roles when they submit an action (they also receive this if they are roleblocked):

Your action on Player A was received.
    Investigative roles (Tracker, Cop, etc.) when roleblocked:

Your action on Player B did not return any results.
    Trackers when tracking a person that didn't visit anyone (or if they targeted a Ninja):

Player C did not visit anyone.
    Watchers when watching a person that wasn't visited by anyone (or only visited by a Ninja):

Player D was not visited by anyone.
    Alignment Cop when investigating a town-aligned player (or a Godfather):

Player E is Town
    Watcher when watching a person that was visited by multiple people:

Player F was visited by Player G, Player H, Player I
    FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

How do I submit my action?
    Use the form below the game thread. If your role has a night action, the form will only be visible during night phases. It's not possible to submit actions in advance of the night phase.

What does it mean if the Mafia Host says that night kills are assigned?
    In games with this setting turned on, the member of the mafia team that made the most recent night kill submission will be the one assigned to the kill, which means that the kill can be blocked if a Town Roleblocker or Town Jailkeeper target the mafia player in question. Similarly, the kill can be tracked and watched by Town Trackers and Town Watchers. If this setting isn't turned on, then it doesn't matter who the last person to submit the mafia kill is, as the kill is unblockable and untrackable in this case.

Where do I find example role PM's?
    This thread contains example role PM's for all roles currently supported by the Modbot as well as information on the various modifiers. Here you will find the answers to a lot of questions not covered in this FAQ section.

Which roles can self-target?
    Only Watchers are able to use their ability on themselves at night. This means that Doctors or Jailkeepers aren't able to protect themselves, for example.

Which roles are not able to target the same players on consecutive nights?
    Doctors, Jailkeepers, and Roleblockers are not allowed to target the same player twice in a row. Everyone else is, including Bodyguards. Note that this non-consecutive restriction still holds true even if one of these three roles were blocked the night before when targeting the person that they're attempting to target again.

What happens if Jailkeeper A and Jailkeeper B or Roleblocker A and Roleblocker B target each other (and are not targetted by other blockers)?
    In the case of Jailkeepers, they will block and protect each other. In the case of Roleblockers, they also block each other. This means that the two players are trackable to each other that night by Trackers and Watchers. It also means that if one of them is mafia and happens to simultaneously be the one submitting the factional kill that night in a game with assigned kills, then this kill is blocked. This same principle applies to longer loops. I.e. in a A > B > C > D > A loop, everyone is blocked.

What happens if Jailkeeper A targets Roleblocker B who targets Jailkeeper A?
    Jailkeeper A will be blocked in this scenario. Refer to the order of operations: Roleblocks process before jails.

What happens if Jailkeeper A targets Roleblocker B who targets Player C?
    As stated above, roleblocks process before jails, so Roleblocker B will successfully block Player C. I.e. Jailkeeper A will fail to block Roleblocker B, but will still protect Roleblocker B.

What happens if Jailkeeper A targets Jailkeeper B and Jailkeeper B targets Jailkeeper C (who isn't targeting any of the former two)?
    In this case, Jailkeeper A would prevent Jailkeeper B's block from occuring, meaning that Jailkeeper C's action is not blocked.

If an X-Shot role is blocked while using a shot, do they lose that shot forever?
    Yes. A 1-shot Vigilante being blocked while attempting to kill someone will not have their shot refunded.

If someone with a Strongman modifier kills Player A who is protected by Bodyguard B, who dies?
    Player A will die, and Bodyguard B will survive.

Can a mafia team choose not to kill anyone during a night?
    The host can determine this using the Mafia Factional Kill setting. Kills can be mandatory, optional, or disabled altogether.

The default is No. The mafia factional kill is compulsory. This is done in order to avoid deadlocked games where the town keeps no lynching and the mafia refuses to submit a kill. If the game has assigned kills, it will be randomized which member of the team is carrying out the kill.

If there is only one mafia member left in a game without assigned kills, can the mafia factional kill then be blocked and/or tracked?
    No.

Can the mafia submit a kill for one of their own members?
    No.

If I kill someone, does their night action, if they have one, still succeed?
    Yes, killing someone doesn't prevent them from performing their night action (unless they investigated someone, in which case they will not receive a report). Refer to the order of operations: All kills happen at the end of the night, and everyone pulls the trigger simultaneously.

Can individual night actions be proxied on mafia teams?
    No. If the mafia team has a Mafia Roleblocker, for example, and they want to use this role's action, then the player occupying that slot must submit the action themselves.

If a Lover is shot during the night, while the other Lover is protected that night, does the other Lover still die?
    Yes. It's not possible to prevent a Lover from dying of love sickness.

If a Bodyguard protects Lover A, while Lover B is shot during that same night, what happens?
    A dies of love sickness and Bodyguard lives.

If there are any Innocent Childs in the game, are these confirmed in the thread right when the game begins?
    No. Innocent Childs are able to decide themselves when or if they wish to have the Modbot confirm their role and alignment in the thread. Note that this is exclusively a day action and that it can take up to one minute for the Modbot to process the action.

What results are Alignment Cops, Full Cops and Role Cops given if they investigate a Godfather or a Miller?
    Alignment Cops are told "Town" for Godfathers and "Mafia" for Millers. Full Cops are told "Vanilla Town" for Godfathers and "Mafia Goon" for Millers. Role Cops are told "Godfather" for Godfathers and "Miller" for Millers.

Can Role Cops tell the difference between a Vanilla Town and Mafia Goon?
    No. They are told "Vanilla" when investigating either of these two roles.

If I roleblock someone with a Bulletproof Vest, will that nullify the effect of the vest?
    No. Bulletproof Vests are passive modifiers that cannot be blocked from working.

If I roleblock Masons, Neighbors or Lovers with out of thread communication privileges, can I prevent them from talking at night?
    No.

If I roleblock a Godfather, will they still be revealed as being town-aligned to Alignment Cops and Full Cops that night?
    Yes.

USING THE SOFTWARE

Are you wondering about how to vote, submit night actions or multi-isolate players? Read about this and more here:

VOTING BBCODES

Our forum votes for someone by using the vote tags: [V]Thingyman[/V]. Preview:

##Vote Thingyman

Make sure that you spell out the full, correct name. Abbreviations or misspelled names will not be registered by the Modbot.

To unvote, use the tags: [UNV][/UNV] . When unvoting you do not need to enter the name of the person that you are unvoting. Preview:

##Unvote

VOTING BUTTONS

You can also quickly vote for someone by clicking on the box with a checkmark icon, which will bring up an alphabetized dropdown containing the names of living players:

This will insert [V][/V] tags with the name of the player you selected in the dropdown, perfect every time.

Click the empty checkbox button to insert [UNV][/UNV].

SUBMITTING NIGHT ACTIONS

If you have a night action, simply submit this at night by scrolling to the bottom of the game thread. Here you will find a night action form like this:

Click the dropdown and select the player whom you wish to use your night action on. You can change it as many times as you wish before the deadline expires.

CALLING UP A VOTECOUNT

Votecounts will appear automatically at various intervals, but you can also call up votecounts yourself by following these steps:

First, you need to apply to join "Mafia Game Hosts" under Permission Groups.

Second, once your request has been approved, you will be able to call up votecounts by simply pushing the "Post Votecount" button in the top right corner of any game thread that you'd like an updated votecount for.

VIEWING VOTE HISTORY

There are three ways to access the vote history for any game.

1. Click on the "Vote History" button in the top right corner of the game thread:

2. Click on the "View Vote History" link, which accompanies all votecounts:

3. Click on Modbot in the top forum menu. This will give you a list of ongoing and completed games:

Next, simply click on "Vote History" to view all votes for that game.

Following any of the above three steps will bring you to an overview like this one:

Click on a Voter's username to view all of the votes by their slot.

Click on a Target's username to view all of the votes for their slot.

ISOLATING A PLAYER'S POSTS

If you wish to read a player's posts in isolation, simply click on "ISO" in the top right corner of one of that player's posts in the relevant thread as illustrated here:

Alternatively, you can access a player's posts in isolation by clicking on the number next to "Replies:" in the forum lobby.

Doing so will pull up a window listing the post counts for everyone who has posted in that thread. You access someone's posts in isolation by simply clicking on the number next to "Posts:" for that person.

The ISO view itself has Quote and Multi-Quote buttons inside it, which will make it very easy to quickly quote a lot of a player's posts for analysis or commentary:

MULTI-ISOLATING

If you wish to read not just one player's posts, but you want to ISO multiple players, then click the "Multi ISO" button to the left of "Game Tools" and select the players in question as shown here:

MULTI-QUOTING WHILE THREAD IS LOCKED

Note that you can multi-quote posts from even locked game threads. This is useful for when you wish to reread the game and do work during night phases.

After quoting the relevant posts, you simply open a different, opened thread and press "Go Advanced". Then add the quotes to your post by clicking the prompt below the post area as shown here:

Now, of course you can't post your work in the game thread while the thread is locked, but you can copy paste and save your work to a local file or the cloud and have it ready to post the very next day phase (if you're still alive, that is).