Page 3 of 128 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 5, Game 7: Magical Adventure! [The Mafia Championship]

1. ISO #101
    My multi-quote messed up. That's annoying.

@Quick How much success do you have with that opening post like that? Legit curious.

@Zara who are you? Should I know you?

@Fugglebuggles We should get to know one another a little more. I don't kiss on the first date.

2. ISO #102
    Timezone
    UTC-07:00
    Community
    GameFAQs
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra (#98)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paratroopa (#95)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra (#85)
    light v lean on paratroopa for now

will reconsider over the day because he can post towny as wolf , but it's nice to start somewhere

oh yeah to read paratroopa imo

What I noticed in his play is that he can post towny as wolf, but he will eventually always swing at points to push the agenda.

Making it kind of swingy while reading his iso. I usually think he isn't that wolfy overall, but it's a pattern that keeps appearing and I think is his tell.
    Are you talking about me? I only have one wolf game on here so just curious
    Yes the nintendo switch mash.

I read your iso carefully their over the course of day 3 after I had you in my towncore and had to reconsider. That was the most interesting pattern I could pick up on though. You are kind of playing limbo as scum with your towniness
    Cool, that makes sense

3. ISO #103
    Timezone
    Community
    GameFAQs
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiate (#100)
    Quote Originally Posted by summitwei (#91)
    Quote Originally Posted by warren42 (#82)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quick (#9)
    Hello everyone, I am happy to be here and I hope we can have a fun and intense game

This post is partially premade and partially what I added after I found out what alignment I am.

[All questions removed for your viewing pleasure]

Added after seeing my role:
    I look forward to @Zarathustra giving me a Town Read (TR, SR=Scum Read) this game because I am Town! I believe I have only played with Prada (Zarathustra) this game so it should be an interesting experience!

I think Paratroopa has the best Bion in this game.
    What the hell do you mean by this? Also, what is a Bion and why does Paratroopa have the best one? Or were you trying to say bio?
    wolfy entrance tbh

expect me to never make a gutread ever again this game
    I could see it coming from a wolf as well.

Have an English assignment I need to finish, and finals week is here. Yay. So, good night, let the thread explode as much as you'd like.
    You guys think this entrance is wolfy but what you don't know is that my bions are actually AMAZING

4. ISO #104
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    Season 5, Game 7: Magical Adventure! [The Mafia Championship] Day 1 Votecount

Votes Target Voters (Posts in Phase)
    1 Quick Fuggles (9)
    1 hey_monkey Zarathustra (36)
    15 Not voting shadowlancerx (0), Rhyselinn (0), Singersky89 (0), SirDantetheFancy (1), warren42 (2), summitwei (4), Radiate (5), Quick (13), Jackofhearts2005 (0), hey_monkey (6), Morvis13 (0), musicneverdies (0), grit (0), Paratroopa (16), Darkmanticorex2 (4)

View Vote History

Day 1 ends at 10:00 PM EDT on Thursday, June 7th, 2018. There are 1528423260000 remaining.

Requested by Paratroopa at 2 days, 23 hours, 22 minutes, 2 seconds remaining.

5. ISO #105
    Banned
    Timezone
    UTC+01:00
    Community
    murdermystery@gmail
    AKA
    Zarastusha
    Pronouns
    ze/zir/zir/zirs/zirself
    Quote Originally Posted by SirDantetheFancy (#101)

@Quick How much success do you have with that opening post like that? Legit curious.

@Fugglebuggles We should get to know one another a little more. I don't kiss on the first date.
    Well I changed my username here dante. I don't think we played together in like 2 years?

Regardless I am Orojackson, but can't quite recall my account anymore. I subbed in for that one kid in your midseason dream themed game for the jailer slot

6. ISO #106
    Timezone
    UTC-06:00
    Community
    Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will ?
    AKA
    Quick
    Hello everyone, I am happy to be here and I hope we can have a fun and intense game

This post is partially premade and partially what I added after I found out what alignment I am.

I look forward to @Zarathustra giving me a Town Read (TR, SR=Scum Read) this game because I am Town! I believe I have only played with Prada (Zarathustra) this game so it should be an interesting experience!

What the hell do you mean by this? Also, what is a Bion and why does Paratroopa have the best one? Or were you trying to say bio?
    I am pretty sure the bold has been discussed fairly thoroughly?

I asked those questions because I was hoping to learn something about people's personality by doing so. I only asked one question that was an MBTI question fwiw.
    Retired

7. ISO #107
    Timezone
    Community
    GameFAQs
    I was wondering why it felt like I was only talking to zara but now I know

8. ISO #108
    Banned
    Timezone
    Community
    murdermystery@gmail
    AKA
    Zarastusha
    Pronouns
    ze/zir/zir/zirs/zirself
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra (#105)

Well I changed my username here dante. I don't think we played together in like 2 years?

Regardless I am on Orojackson, but can't quite recall my account anymore. I subbed in for that one kid in your midseason dream themed game for the jailer slot
    And I think I played in your food mafia game because ratchet asked me to play back then

9. ISO #109
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    debate.org/debateart.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuggles (#36)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quick (#27)
    Oh, right, you are from ToS so you are not used to walls. Well if that is your only reason for voting me, I think that is bad because my intro post should be viewed as NAI.

I have another question for you though... do you come from the Forum side of ToS or just the app game or whatever it is?
    You know us so well. Both, I guess?
    I don't know much about ToS. I have just played with a few people that come from there.
    What was the point of your question?

10. ISO #110
    Timezone
    Community
    AKA
    Quick

will reconsider over the day because he can post towny as wolf , but it's nice to start somewhere

What I noticed in his play is that he can post towny as wolf, but he will eventually always swing at points to push the agenda.

Making it kind of swingy while reading his iso. I usually think he isn't that wolfy overall, but it's a pattern that keeps appearing and I think is his tell.
    How many games have you played with them?
    Retired

11. ISO #111
    Banned
    Timezone
    Community
    murdermystery@gmail
    AKA
    Zarastusha
    Pronouns
    ze/zir/zir/zirs/zirself

3?

12. ISO #112
    Banned
    Timezone
    Community
    murdermystery@gmail
    AKA
    Zarastusha
    Pronouns
    ze/zir/zir/zirs/zirself
    Wait did I actually ever play with dante or was it only with rot?

13. ISO #113
    Doesn't ring a bell.

14. ISO #114
    Timezone
    Community
    GameFAQs
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra (#111)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quick (#110)

3?
    Mountainous madness was good $#@!

I will never, ever remember who was in any given mash I played in

15. ISO #115
    Timezone
    Community
    ResetEra
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra (#89)
    @hey_monkey

Well for example over the past year I mostly played on mu because my communities are dead.

So I kind of adjusted myself to a high volume playstyle. How I approach the game usually is by reading in live interactions and making reads as I see the posts in context. I can also iso for days, but thats usually when I don't have enough time.
    Oh gotcha.

I am usually pretty high volume unless I'm trying to lie low (a specific role or rolled maf) but a lot of my community is not that volume-oriented so I have been trying to tone it back a little. I am already failing here. My home community seems to go after the squeakiest wheel so I've also been trying to make sure I look more broadly than that. I like ISOs because it helps to see progression but on key posts I think it's important to look at the context/feeling in the thread around it. Maybe that's born from the fact that my home forum doesn't ISO in the same way this one does. It's a great tool but not what I'm used to.

16. ISO #116
    Banned
    Timezone
    Community
    murdermystery@gmail
    AKA
    Zarastusha
    Pronouns
    ze/zir/zir/zirs/zirself
    Quote Originally Posted by SirDantetheFancy (#113)
    Doesn't ring a bell.
    yeah I think i never played with you in the first place

I just was on the same community

17. ISO #117
    Timezone
    Community
    debate.org/debateart.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Paratroopa (#73)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra (#70)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paratroopa (#68)
    Zara was it you that was desperately wishing for a town rand or was it someone else, I forgot.
    i really wanted that wolf rand and didnt get it
    I know that this is the wine-iest $#@! ever but I actually kind of already believe you

Is it pathetic that I want to too?

18. ISO #118
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuggles (#20)
    Dante you had me pocketed at your bio. We must discuss immediately; tell me your first thought that comes to mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuggles (#30)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra (#22)
    lol dante caring in a champs game that he tricked himself into by trolling
    Sounds like my kind of guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuggles (#20)
    Dante you had me pocketed at your bio. We must discuss immediately; tell me your first thought that comes to mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra (#32)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuggles (#30)
    Sounds like my kind of guy.
    he spams walls like no other
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuggles (#39)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra (#32)
    he spams walls like no other
    Oh god.

Dante, I think we should see other people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra (#116)
    Quote Originally Posted by SirDantetheFancy (#113)
    Doesn't ring a bell.
    yeah I think i never played with you in the first place

I just was on the same community
    Cool I feel less of an ass now.

19. ISO #119
    Timezone
    Community
    GameFAQs
    Quote Originally Posted by hey_monkey (#115)
    @hey_monkey

Well for example over the past year I mostly played on mu because my communities are dead.

So I kind of adjusted myself to a high volume playstyle. How I approach the game usually is by reading in live interactions and making reads as I see the posts in context. I can also iso for days, but thats usually when I don't have enough time.
    Oh gotcha.

I am usually pretty high volume unless I'm trying to lie low (a specific role or rolled maf) but a lot of my community is not that volume-oriented so I have been trying to tone it back a little. I am already failing here. My home community seems to go after the squeakiest wheel so I've also been trying to make sure I look more broadly than that. I like ISOs because it helps to see progression but on key posts I think it's important to look at the context/feeling in the thread around it. Maybe that's born from the fact that my home forum doesn't ISO in the same way this one does. It's a great tool but not what I'm used to.
    MU's ISO system has spoiled me rotten

I played a game on my homesite not that long ago and not only do we not have ISOs but we don't even have like, avatars

it was like playing mafia in the stone age

20. ISO #120
    OH HEY THERE'S MY MULTIQUOTE. T-thanks.

21. ISO #121
    Banned
    Timezone
    Community
    murdermystery@gmail
    AKA
    Zarastusha
    Pronouns
    ze/zir/zir/zirs/zirself
    Quote Originally Posted by Paratroopa (#119)
    @hey_monkey

Oh gotcha.

I played a game on my homesite not that long ago and not only do we not have ISOs but we don't even have like, avatars

rip gamefaqs

22. ISO #122
    Timezone
    Community
    GameFAQs
    Quote Originally Posted by warren42 (#117)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paratroopa (#68)
    Zara was it you that was desperately wishing for a town rand or was it someone else, I forgot.
    I know that this is the wine-iest $#@! ever but I actually kind of already believe you

Why pathetic?

23. ISO #123
    Timezone
    Community
    GameFAQs
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra (#121)
    @hey_monkey

Oh gotcha.

rip gamefaqs
    gamefaqs is a shambling zombie that will never die

24. ISO #124
    Banned
    Timezone
    Community
    murdermystery@gmail
    AKA
    Zarastusha
    Pronouns
    ze/zir/zir/zirs/zirself
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra (#121)
    @hey_monkey

Oh gotcha.

rip gamefaqs
    I actually hate playing on opb as well nowadays because you don't have timers or anything to iso or to check the vote count.

without vote count checking its awful

25. ISO #125
    Timezone
    Community
    AKA
    Quick
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra (#94)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quick (#90)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra (#75)
    you know I think I can carry harder here as wolf than as villager going by the champ win/loss ratio so far lel
    Why? Why do you think you can "carry well as Scum here"?
    because its easy to win a championship game as scum
    Based on what? I don't think there is a big enough sample set to tell yet.
    Retired

26. ISO #126
    Banned
    Timezone
    Community
    murdermystery@gmail
    AKA
    Zarastusha
    Pronouns
    ze/zir/zir/zirs/zirself
    so warren and paratroopa agree that I didnt rand wolf here

I am our townleader now

27. ISO #127
    Banned
    Timezone
    Community
    murdermystery@gmail
    AKA
    Zarastusha
    Pronouns
    ze/zir/zir/zirs/zirself
    you know I think I can carry harder here as wolf than as villager going by the champ win/loss ratio so far lel
    i mean the seasons I saw

2 4 and 5 so far

I think mostly scum won the games

28. ISO #128
    Timezone
    Community
    AKA
    Quick
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra (#111)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quick (#110)

3?
    K, so you have played at least 3 games with me. Why do you have all this info on this person already?
    Retired

29. ISO #129
    Timezone
    Community
    GameFAQs
    Four completed games and three of them were mafia curbstomps. just sayin'

to be fair those three games randed some pretty sick wolf teams

30. ISO #130
    Timezone
    Community
    GameFAQs
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra (#126)

I am our townleader now
    I mean I'm not lynching you any time soon, let's put it that way

31. ISO #131

I am our townleader now
    Nah. That guy who said I was cute is the town leader. My vote is easily purchased with compliments.

32. ISO #132
    Timezone
    Community
    debate.org/debateart.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra (#87)

warren did you read your full role so you don't accidentally bus your entire team?
    Interesting. You didn't include me in the list of people with whom you were familiar.

For what it's worth, yes, and unfortunately I don't know my team.

In that game I knew my role, but didn't pay attention to the identities of my teammates until I'd caught up in the thread. That way my entrance would be super townie. Unfortunately, the only time I've ever (that I remember) caught wolves D1 they were both teammates. Oops.

33. ISO #133
    Timezone
    Community
    GameFAQs
    Quote Originally Posted by SirDantetheFancy (#131)

I am our townleader now
    Nah. That guy who said I was cute is the town leader. My vote is easily purchased with compliments.
    I know we've never spoken before, but you're the most amazing person I have ever met

34. ISO #134
    Timezone
    Community
    ResetEra
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself

oh god $#@! not having avatars entirely

Though my community is doing a costume game right now for Power Rangers and all the avatars were set by the gamerunners and the players are having a hard time keeping up with Billy/Blue Ranger/etc. etc. RIP everyone in that. So many mistakes.

35. ISO #135
    Banned
    Timezone
    Community
    murdermystery@gmail
    AKA
    Zarastusha
    Pronouns
    ze/zir/zir/zirs/zirself

I am our townleader now
    i like your hitler rant brandon

36. ISO #136
    Timezone
    Community
    AKA
    Quick

I am our townleader now
    K, sure. As soon as you start lynching Scum, you can be Town leader.
    Retired

37. ISO #137
    Banned
    Timezone
    Community
    murdermystery@gmail
    AKA
    Zarastusha
    Pronouns
    ze/zir/zir/zirs/zirself

I am our townleader now
    K, sure. As soon as you start lynching Scum, you can be Town leader.
    thanks now its agreed

38. ISO #138
    Timezone
    Community
    GameFAQs
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra (#135)

I am our townleader now
    Do you know dante, I remember someone saying in spec chat that they're pretty good (that was not meant to be a forced compliment)

39. ISO #139
    Quote Originally Posted by Paratroopa (#133)

I am our townleader now
    I know we've never spoken before, but you're the most amazing person I have ever met
    Oh wulp now this guy is town lead.

I am our townleader now
    I don't know what this means. Or who Brandon is.

40. ISO #140
    Timezone
    Community
    debate.org/debateart.com

I am pretty sure the bold has been discussed fairly thoroughly?

I asked those questions because I was hoping to learn something about people's personality by doing so. I only asked one question that was an MBTI question fwiw.
    I don't read the entire thread before posting, I respond as I go. Still don't like the answer. I don't think it's wolfy, just dumb.

41. ISO #141
    Timezone
    Community
    AKA
    Quick
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra (#127)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quick (#125)
    i mean the seasons I saw

2 4 and 5 so far

I think mostly scum won the games
    I thought 4 was split? and I am pretty sure that's gambler's fallacy, so there's that.
    Retired

42. ISO #142
    Community
    Town of Salem
    I'll reconsider, but I'm hard to get. If I see more than five non-quote lines, I'm gone.

43. ISO #143
    Timezone
    Community
    GameFAQs
    Quote Originally Posted by SirDantetheFancy (#139)
    Oh wulp now this guy is town lead.
    ok now I recommend following zara's lead

44. ISO #144
    Banned
    Timezone
    Community
    murdermystery@gmail
    AKA
    Zarastusha
    Pronouns
    ze/zir/zir/zirs/zirself
    Quote Originally Posted by Paratroopa (#138)

I am our townleader now
    Do you know dante, I remember someone saying in spec chat that they're pretty good (that was not meant to be a forced compliment)
    i am pretty sure we talked once at least!

i have read games he played, but I am not sure if i played with him or it was only rotaretilbo

45. ISO #145
    Timezone
    Community
    ResetEra
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuggles (#142)
    I'll reconsider, but I'm hard to get. If I see more than five non-quote lines, I'm gone.
    Why?

46. ISO #146
    Timezone
    Community
    GameFAQs
    Quote Originally Posted by warren42 (#140)
    I don't read the entire thread before posting, I respond as I go. Still don't like the answer. I don't think it's wolfy, just dumb.
    I think you might need to resign yourself to quick being a difficult read.

47. ISO #147
    Timezone
    Community
    debate.org/debateart.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Paratroopa (#122)
    Quote Originally Posted by warren42 (#117)

Why pathetic?
    For whatever reason zara's complaints about not being mafia make me want to read them town, which is not a good reason to make a read.

48. ISO #148
    Community
    Town of Salem
    Oh gotcha.

I am usually pretty high volume unless I'm trying to lie low (a specific role or rolled maf) but a lot of my community is not that volume-oriented so I have been trying to tone it back a little. I am already failing here.
    I get you. I'm considered "high-volume" on my site but when there's a "half the playerlist isn't prodging" culture everything changes.

49. ISO #149
    Timezone
    Community
    GameFAQs
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuggles (#148)
    Oh gotcha.

I am usually pretty high volume unless I'm trying to lie low (a specific role or rolled maf) but a lot of my community is not that volume-oriented so I have been trying to tone it back a little. I am already failing here.
    I get you. I'm considered "high-volume" on my site but when there's a "half the playerlist isn't prodging" culture everything changes.
    What does prodging mean

50. ISO #150
    Banned
    Timezone
    Community
    murdermystery@gmail
    AKA
    Zarastusha
    Pronouns
    ze/zir/zir/zirs/zirself
    Quote Originally Posted by Paratroopa (#146)
    Quote Originally Posted by warren42 (#140)
    I think you might need to resign yourself to quick being a difficult read.

he pulled the same stuff last year

writing an nai wall pregame before the rand

i still dislike him forcing me to townread him