Thread: Season 5, Game 8: Space Mafia: Mafia in Space [The Mafia Championship]

1. Bookmark ISO #1
    vast tonal gap Lissa's Avatar Moderator
    Timezone
    UTC-07:00
    Community
    Ultimate Mafia / Mafia Universe
    Season 5, Game 8: Space Mafia: Mafia in Space [The Mafia Championship]

SEASON 5, GAME 8: SPACE MAFIA: MAFIA IN SPACE (MAFIA CHAMPIONSHIP)

Welcome to Season 5 of the Mafia Championship!

An international forum-based tournament for skilled Mafia players from 170 different communities!

Spectate the game on our Discord server (650+ members): https://discord.gg/zdeEhcg

Read more about this season and the Mafia Championship here.

Hosted By: Our automated @Mafia Host w/ @Walrein providing flavor
    Start Date: June 11, 2018
    SOD/EOD: 3 PM EDT
    Phase Lengths: 48/24
    Lynch Mechanics: Deadline Lynch (person with most votes is lynched at the end of the deadline). In case of a tie, one of the tied players will randomly be lynched. No lynch is a valid vote. Starting Day 2, Majority is enabled, meaning the players can end day early if someone attains a majority of the votes.
    Night Chat In Thread: No, thread will be locked during Night Phases
    Out of Thread Communication: Only the Mafia team may communicate with each other outside of the thread (24/7)
    Posting Requirement: 10 posts per Day Phase.
    First randomly select a number to decide the mafia team's composition of Power Roles (1-2), then randomly select a letter to decide the town's composition of Power Roles (A-E). Fill in the number of Vanilla Townies needed to make the town team have 13 members total, and you have your setup (13 townies versus 4 mafia).

Column 1 Column 2
    Mafia Goon
    Mafia Goon
    Mafia Goon
    Mafia Goon
    Mafia Goon
    Mafia Goon
    Mafia Goon
    Mafia Role Cop
    Row A Town Even Night Vigilante
    Town Roleblocker
    Town Voyeur
    Town Even Night Vigilante
    Town Roleblocker
    Town Tracker
    Row B Town Even Night Vigilante
    Town Jailkeeper
    Town Jailkeeper
    Town Voyeur
    Row C Town Tracker
    Town Jailkeeper
    Town Tracker
    Town Jailkeeper
    Town Voyeur
    Row D Town Tracker
    Town Roleblocker
    Town Voyeur
    Town Jack of All Trades*
    Town Motion Detector
    Row E Town Doctor
    Town Jack of All Trades*
    Town Doctor
    Town Roleblocker
    Town Motion Detector

Additional information:

*Town Jack of All Trades: 1x Vigilante, 1x Roleblocker, 1x Tracker.

Example:
    If you randed 2 and B, then you'd get the following setup:

Mafia Goon, Mafia Goon, Mafia Goon, Mafia Role Cop
    vs.
    Town Even Night Vigilante, Town Jailkeeper, Town Voyeur, 10 Vanilla Townies

So the general idea is that as a townie, you know you're up against one of 2 possible mafia team compositions. And as a mafia you know you're up against one of 5 possible town team compositions. The more powerful the mafia team is, the more power is given to the town team, naturally.

Important setup notes:
    • The mafia's factional kill must be assigned to a single member of their team each night. This means that the mafia's factional kill can, for example, be blocked by a Town Jailkeeper or tracked by a Town Tracker.
    • None of the included roles can self-target, including the protective roles.
    • Doctors, Jailkeepers, and Roleblockers are not allowed to target the same players on consecutive nights.
    • The Even Night Vigilante may only shoot on even nights (i.e. Night 2, Night 4, etc.).
    • The Voyeur's own action will not show up in their result.
    • There are no night 0 actions (aka pre-game actions).

Role explanations:
    Please go to this page to read about the different roles if you're unfamiliar with them (important: you can find the exact wording of the Role PMs here): https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums...oles-Modifiers

# REPRESENTATIVE COMMUNITY BACK-UP(S)
    1 @Akira Werwolf Online @Data
    2 @Brasas GOG @Lifthrasil
    3 @eevee Świat Łukasza
    4 @Guyett Football Forums
    5 @imad Discord Werewolf
    6 @JackShepard Lupus in Tabula
    7 @myc readmore
    8 @NinjaPenguin PokeBeach @Professor_jplap
    9 @orangeandblack5 Throne of Lies @Marluxion
    10 @OrangeP47 W3D Hub @Jeod
    11 @shakespeare Liars Club - Berkeley
    12 @SpectrumPanda Nuzlocke Comics
    13 @The-Guest Mediavida @Tomoki
    14 @Thor665 mafiascum
    15 @TK5141 Hattrick.org (Swedish)
    16 @Vault_Dweller What the Daily WTF?
    17 @Zone Q11 Novel Updates

GET HYPED!

Last edited by Lissa; June 11th, 2018 at 01:54 PM.

2. Bookmark ISO #2
    Timezone
    Community

1) Akira

REPRESENTING: Werwolf Online

NATIONALITY: Germany

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): April 2015

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES:
    werwolf-spiel.net
    werwolf-online.com
    mtg-forum.de
    forum.mafiascum.net

BIO:
    First of all, my thoughts about mafia:
    - town is a team, cooperation is important
    - it is easier to find townies than to find scum
    - townies should lie sometimes
    - mafia are allowed to do anything they want
    - it is possible to solve a game by simply analysing behavior (instead of relying on tracker, doctor, ...)

What other player say about me (free translation):
    "While rereading the game, I asked myself whether Akira ever sleeps." (Shatala)
    I love the game and when I play, I usually spend as much time playing mafia as possible... and all too often, that's a lot of time.
    However, sometimes, I only write a few posts per day. In these cases, I try to receive reactions, I ask a lot and explain almost none of my thoughts.

"Akira has a good ability to reset (top 5 from werwolf-online, easy), although she is a pighead sometimes." (Schlendrian)
    I try to evaluate other players at least twice: the first time when I read everything, and the second time when I go for a walk and think about what happened and whether my thoughts make sense or not. Hence, sometimes I change my opinion although nothing happens in the game thread.
    On the other hand side, I have reads which never turned out to be wrong, so sometimes I can be really certain and won't change my mind unless there is a very strong reason to do so.

"Lol. If Akira did not take a trip to Audacity City, I'll think she is town." (Vulpine)
    Mafia offers tons of possibilities and it's great fun to use them. I like the concept of WIFOM. And I like baiting scum by doing unexpected things to produce reactions because scum is sometimes not prepared to solve these situations and gets caught.

"Kind. You're very kind and respectful to other people." (Meliha)
    Yeah, I want everyone to enjoy the game and to have a lot of fun. It is important to know the difference between things that are happening in the game and the person behind the account.
    I don't agree in being always friendly, but at least most of the time I try to be.

P.S. My English is not that good, so I'll probably write very slow and make a lot of mistakes.

2) Brasas

REPRESENTING: GOG

NATIONALITY: Poland

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2015

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: GOG

BIO:
    Does anyone read this?
    "Brasas has been on the dance-floor more than a few times, and he certainly has not two left feet". HypersomniacLive
    "I think Uber is in part your actual soulmate. He's massively trolly, decently abrasive, yet oddly observant and intelligent. Unfortunately, his scum game is horrible." Nachomamma8
    I remember the 80s...
    Favorite role was Lone Wolf in Oakwood game.
    I like open and semi-open setup games.
    Played too many bastard games...

3) eevee

REPRESENTING: Świat Łukasza

NATIONALITY: Polish

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2012

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: Mafia Universe, Świat Łukasza, Town of Salem, Piłkarskie Forum, Poznańskie Towarzystwo Mafijne, Throne of Lies, Mafia Society, Discord Mafia.

BIO:
    NAMES: eevee, Exce, roz1roz.

4) Guyett

REPRESENTING: Football Forums

NATIONALITY: Irish

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2013

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: footballforums.net, mafiascum.net

BIO:
    N/A

5) imad

REPRESENTING: Discord Werewolf

NATIONALITY: algerian

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2016

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: discord werewolf, IRC lykos, The rejected realms

BIO:
    very good at quick-paced games (10 min day,2 min night), conscientious (and can be stubborn), kinda shy at first but i get over it eventually, fond of the logical part of mafia.

6) JackShepard

REPRESENTING: Lupus in Tabula

NATIONALITY: Italian

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: http://trusis.altervista.org/, http://www.foruml.net/cafe/, http://lupusintabulaur.forumfree.it/, http://lupusinforum.it/

BIO:
    Hi, my name is Loris, I am 30 years old and I come from the center of Italy.
    I started playing Mafia games online in 2012 and literally I never stopped, trying many different communities.
    My gaming style is quite aggressive, I usually write a lot with any role and ask many questions to the players, to check their reactions and see whether I can trust them or not.
    I am very excited to take part in the coming competition !

7) myc

REPRESENTING: readmore

NATIONALITY: German

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: readmore/werwolf-online/MU

BIO:
    I are very modest but in the last game I called out three wolves on day 0 and left a list of 7 with 6 of the remaining 7 on it (and the seer but who needs a seer when you have me), i've never been lynched mainly because the scum on our site kill me in the first or second kill. i've been accused of cheating repeatedly for calling out scum with only my intuition to guide me but its finally been accepted that i don't cheat i just read the guilt in post and they have made me their representative.
    i cant spell and i get very excited but i can spot scum withing 1 or 2 posts

8) NinjaPenguin

REPRESENTING: PokeBeach

NATIONALITY: American

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2016

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: Pokebeach

BIO:
    Hey, I’m NinjaPenguin, or NP for short. I’m most definitely not the best player on site, but I’m the most willing, so here I am I guess! I’m known really for my scum play, as ever since that one game I was Town MVP and we won the game in less than 500 posts, I haven’t gotten to play as town (except for one game where the balance was extremely pro-scum and town got steamrolled. Just my luck.)
    Our site is very role madness and has much lower activity than the far majority of yours I’m sure, so I’m looking forward to getting to play a game with new (and hopefully better) players than I’m used to!

Highlights of My Mafia Career:
    -One game, I outed/killed all the scum, but by a random bastard mechanic, I got converted to scum myself. Which led me to having to push literally every possible mislynch (since basically every role could get cleared in this game) to win the game, which I shockingly did.
    -When my wolf team pushed through mislynches on a doctor and cop on the first two days, were never lynched ourselves, and still almost lost the game because of a one-shot nightvig and a one-shot dayvig (all in a 12 player game, mind you).
    -One time I tried to actually scumhunt on Town of Salem, and the mafia got so annoyed that they Forged my will to say “P.S. I talk a lot.”

Really excited to learn from all of you! Good luck!

9) orangeandblack5

REPRESENTING: Throne of Lies

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA: 2014

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: Throne of Lies, Town of Salem

BIO:
    Do I get to talk about Flow here? No? Eh, let's do it anyways.

Anyways, hi, I'm orangeandblack5. I've been playing FM since 2014, starting on the Town of Salem Forums and recently moving to play primarily on the newer Throne of Lies forums. For those of you who remember my short stint in Flow - hello. For those of you who just got mad that I mentioned it as if I was a long-term part of it - don't worry, I've never forgotten that self-voting is a thing that you can actually do, so I've never self-hammered again.

Ignoring past mistakes, I will acknowledge that I usually have a lot going on at one time, so although I will have no problem meeting the activity requirements, I'll usually read through hundreds of posts at a time when I can get online and react to them one by one as I read through - hope you're okay with that if you're in my game. Also, I'd say that in general my biggest strength is that my gut-reads are usually pretty accurate, and that my biggest weakness is that I'm really bad at coming off in a way that people read as "town". Not as in I'm bad at staying hidden as scum, but that people usually think I'm scum when I'm town. It's a weird position to be in, and I'll be interested to see how it plays out in my game, especially since somebody's probably gonna try and use the fact that I'm saying it here as me trying to cover myself if I do roll scum (I'm not, I promise).

Anyways, I'm looking forward to our game and meeting a bunch of new people (as well as playing with a few familiar faces [especially eevee, who I cannot read for the life of me]). I'm sure we'll all have a lot of fun, and in the end that's really what matters, isn't it?

10) OrangeP47

REPRESENTING: W3D Hub

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): January 2017

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: W3D Hub, Mafia Universe

BIO:
    I've been aware of the game of mafia for quite some time, but only started playing at the very start of last year. I hit the ground running and had some great success, however. In my first game, Death Note Mafia, I was declared the best player, being responsible for a very sneaky scum victory. I've gained a reputation for being a scum-sided player, and have had a few other spectacular successes. I'm also known for my high speed responses and the volume of posts I produce, earning me the nickname "Shining Finger" after a Stein;s Gate reference (one of my other early games was incidentally a Stein;s Gate Mafia). I'm also a capable town player. Indeed, part of my success as a scum or third party player is by playing the game as if I'm town in the first place.

The community I represent, W3D Hub, is based around fan made video games, mostly first person multiplayer adaptations of Command and Conquer, or other old Westwood RTSes. Most of our players are involved with those projects in some ways. I myself am a game tester. Our mafia games tend to be super power role heavy, or even incorporate elaborate RPG elements. In my time there (16 months) there's been ONE game where vanilla townie or mafia goon has been an actual role used in a game, to give perspective. We play about one game a month, and there's always something crazy going on.

11) shakespeare

REPRESENTING: Liars Club - Berkeley

NATIONALITY: Bulgarian

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2014

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: Only IRL communities, helped start 3 independent groups on both coasts of the USA

BIO:
    My favorite role is the Cult Leader, and in general I find 3+ team mafia games to be way more fun than two-team Mafia games, because of the general potential for backstabbing. I like playing the game as a logical rather than psychological one, but don't be fooled - I will make a scum read on you on day 1 if you try to bandwagon me.

12) SpectrumPanda

REPRESENTING: Nuzlocke Comics

NATIONALITY: Canadian

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2013

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: Nuzlocke Forums, Epicmafia

BIO:
    SpectrumPanda is a veteran Mafia player on the Nuzlocke Forums, having participated in and hosted dozens of games. His Mafia career highlights include orchestrating a clean Mafia sweep in Soul Calibur Mafia, scumhunting 3/4 mafia members on Day 1 in Nuzlocke Comics Mafia, and otherwise thinking of creative uses of PR powers, such as in Nethack Mafia. Panda is also a experienced host, designing and carrying out innovative setups based off of Undertale, Pokémon Sun and Moon, and Danganronpa. Panda is a cunning and insightful player who will not fail to call out nonsense if he sees it, and he is looking forward to participating in this year's Championship.

13) The-Guest

REPRESENTING: Mediavida

NATIONALITY: Spanish

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2017

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: Mediavida, Mafialand

BIO:
    I played a lot of online shooters a while ago, I hope that it helps if I need to shoot somebody.

14) Thor665

REPRESENTING: mafiascum

NATIONALITY: ?

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): ?

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: ?

BIO:
    Didn't submit a bio.

15) TK5141

REPRESENTING: Hattrick.org (Swedish)

NATIONALITY: Swedish

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2011

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: www.hattrick.org

BIO:
    First time I play this in english, and first time I play it online outside of Hattrick. Really excited about this! Gonna be interesting since players I haven't met earlier often reacts at my game style, since I mostly don't have a defensive play style and act a bit provoking. I try to make things happen.
    I'm a player who - as far as time allows me to - takes the game seriously. I'm doing best work when I belong to town since I'm considered to be good at analyzing the game, at least a few days into it. I would say that me + one other player is by far the most commented player in the graveyard in almost every game I manage to survive, and as long as I do that I do my best to be both a team-player and a game-winner.

16) Vault_Dweller

REPRESENTING: What the Daily WTF?

NATIONALITY: South African

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2015

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: The Daily WTF, Mafia Universe

BIO:
    Hi, I am Vault_Dweller. I was chosen as the official representative of our community among all the
    nominees. Mainly because I was the only nominee. For those that don't know me, I am known on MU as a serial lurker, so be forewarned! I don't expect to progress past round 1, I am only here for fun, and to live past Night 1. Fun fact: I have never won a game on MU when randing any role other than Vanilla Town

17) Zone Q11

REPRESENTING: Novel Updates

NATIONALITY: Dutch, Former Indonesian.

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): I had to look up my answer from last year for this... it was 2016. I said to myself that it was pretty recent, but now that I am one year "older"... I feel pretty average. I wonder whether future me will feel old and experienced, lol.

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: Novel Updates Forum and Mafia Universe.

BIO:
    BIO Championship Season 4 (Last Year):
    - As I am still learning on which style fits me the best, I am currently trying to comment on as much posts as possible. So I am "the one who reacts on everything".
    - I am not the most talkative person, to the point where I doubt whether I can make jokes. This is pretty much one of my weaknesses. If I actually do know how to make jokes, then my weakness would be that I am underestimating myself.
    - I have more weaknesses than strengths. One of them being the fact that I need to adapt myself to the people of this forum who plays here frequently, the people I will play with, and the whole forum itself quo format.
    - I favor playing as Dire Mafia Goon, as I then have information avaible to manipulate others.
    - Playing as Radiant Vanilla Townies is not impossible, but it is rather so that I am more the type of the one who agrees and disagrees with others' arguments rather than the one who makes theories as to who the Dires Mafia Goons are.

BIO Championship Season 5 (Now):
    - I didn't have a style and when I returned to NUF with serious intent to play, I became an annoyance to some people. This is because er Nuffians don't play for real and play for the fun and chaos.
    - So, now I have finally attained a "style". It is the well-known and hated tunneler. Personally I find it less worse than a bandwagonner, but as a tunneler does not help Town most of the time, it is also considered a thorn in the side, slightly less annoying than inactive people.
    - Yet I still want to continue being a tunneler because this way nobody will be able to control me. Even if I am tunneling a Town, at least I aim to become a constant factor instead of the variable factors that are the Scums (or Goons, either way it is the enemy) who read and manipulate Town with relative ease.
    - I don't know whether I am more talkative than last year or not, and I think the problems of me getting used to this forum is solved. Though a quick recap might come in handy.
    - I still like to play as a Scum/Goon more than I do as a Town. People may use this as a $#@!ty reasoning to accuse me as a Scum, but I still like having more information.
    - Hm? The me from the past says to always lynch gbsfranca and not JohnCarter... weird. I already forget why though so I better remove that...

3. Bookmark ISO #3
    Timezone
    Community

If a Voyeur exists in the game, the following clarification will be added to their role PM:

Note that you will not see your own action in your results.

4. Bookmark ISO #4
    Timezone
    Community
    Instructions to fit in, have everybody like you, and always be happy:
    • Only post/talk about the game in this thread. Don't PM other players, unless you are mafia and wish to talk with your teammates. Also, don't post anything about the game in other threads or on other forums.
    • Don't try to use the form of your role PM. So a screenshot of your role PM would be cheating.
    • You are not allowed to change your avatar, location or any other profile info during game in any way that could be construed as hinting at your role.
    • This is a game of lying. Players are expected to lie. No statement or promise a player makes within the game has any force outside the game. As an example, a bet offered in a game is not something you can collect if you win.
    • If we believe you to bending the rules intentionally in a way that clearly goes against the spirit of the rules and the game, then that would also be grounds for modkill.
    • If you have any questions about rules, send a PM to your host. Avoid asking questions to the host in the thread.
    • Don't ever refer to private communications with the Game Host.
    • If you should ever require a replacement, PM Lissa and stop posting in the thread.
    • No hydra'ing / multi-accounting is allowed. Do not share your account with anyone else.
    • Treat your fellow players with respect. Hostility will not be tolerated.

Refer to this post for the complete, standard ruleset for mafia games.

I will repeat this particular rule once more in big letters to make sure you understand:

DO NOT EVER REFERENCE THIS GAME OUTSIDE OF THIS GAME THREAD. YOU SHOULD NOT BE TALKING ABOUT THIS GAME WHATSOEVER ON YOUR HOME SITE. IF PEOPLE ASK YOU QUESTIONS, TELL THEM YOU CAN'T TALK ABOUT THE GAME AND LINK THEM TO THIS THREAD.

5. Bookmark ISO #5
    retired account - now Ampharos Walrein's Avatar
    Timezone
    UTC-06:00
    Community
    various
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Season 5, Game 8: Space Mafia: Mafia in Space [The Mafia Championship]: Game Information!

This is an automated game of Mafia.

Setup - 17 Players

SETUP DETAILS FOR 2X5

This is a semi-open grid setup meant for 17 players: 4 mafia versus 13 townies.

Column 1 Column 2
    Mafia Goon
    Mafia Goon
    Mafia Goon
    Mafia Goon
    Mafia Goon
    Mafia Goon
    Mafia Goon
    Mafia Role Cop
    Row A Town Even Night Vigilante
    Town Roleblocker
    Town Voyeur
    Town Roleblocker
    Town Tracker
    Row B Town Even Night Vigilante
    Town Jailkeeper
    Town Jailkeeper
    Town Voyeur
    Row C Town Tracker
    Town Jailkeeper
    Town Tracker
    Town Jailkeeper
    Town Voyeur
    Row D Town Tracker
    Town Roleblocker
    Town Voyeur
    Town Jack of All Trades*
    Town Motion Detector
    Row E Town Doctor
    Town Jack of All Trades*
    Town Doctor
    Town Roleblocker
    Town Motion Detector

*Town Jack of All Trades: 1x Vigilante, 1x Roleblocker, 1x Tracker.

Method for randing:
    First you randomly select a number to decide the mafia team's composition of Power Roles (1-2), then you randomly select a letter to decide the town's composition of Power Roles (A-E). Fill in the number of Vanilla Townies needed to make the town team have 13 members total, and you have your setup. I.e. if you randed 2 and B then you'd get the following setup:

Mafia Goon, Mafia Goon, Mafia Goon, Mafia Role Cop
    vs.
    Town Even Night Vigilante, Town Jailkeeper, Town Voyeur, 10 Vanilla Townies

So the general idea is that as a townie, you know you're up against one of 2 possible mafia team compositions. And as a mafia you know you're up against one of 5 possible town team compositions. The more powerful the mafia team is, the more power is given to the town team, naturally.

Important setup notes:
    • The mafia's factional kill must be assigned to a single member of their team each night. This means that the mafia's factional kill can, for example, be blocked by a Town Jailkeeper or tracked by a Town Tracker.
    • None of the included roles can self-target, including the protective roles.
    • Doctors, Jailkeepers, and Roleblockers are not allowed to target the same players on consecutive nights.
    • The Even Night Vigilante may only shoot on even nights (i.e. Night 2, Night 4, etc.).
    • The Voyeur's own action will not show up in their result.
    • There are no night 0 actions (aka pre-game actions).

Role explanations:
    Please go to this page to read about the different roles if you're unfamiliar with them: https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums...oles-Modifiers
    • Majority will be in effect starting Day 2. Day 2 onward will end the instant a majority is reached.
    • Town wins when all threats to Town have been eliminated.
    • Mafia factions win when they achieve Parity and all other evil factions have been eliminated at any time.
    • Votes are not automatically locked at LYLO.
    • No Lynching is enabled. Vote for No Lynch to forgo a lynch that Day.
    • Mafia factional kills are mandatory. Mafia must submit a factional kill each night, or a player outside their faction will be chosen at random.
    • Mafia factional kills are assigned. They can be tracked, watched, or roleblocked.
    • Mafia may communicate at any time.
    • Tied votes will result in a player being lynched at random from among the tied players.

Phase Lengths

Days are 48 hours in length. Nights are 24 hours in length.

Players

@Akira
    @Brasas
    @eevee
    @Guyett
    @imad
    @JackShepard
    @myc
    @NinjaPenguin
    @orangeandblack5
    @OrangeP47
    @shakespeare
    @SpectrumPanda
    @The-Guest
    @Thor665
    @TK5141
    @Vault_Dweller
    @Zone Q11

FAQ

Are you unsure about how actions are processed or how roles interact with each other? Then read more here:

ORDER OF OPERATIONS

Night actions are processed in this order:

Strongman kills
    Roleblocks
    Jails
    Doctors
    Bodyguards
    Kills
    Investigations
    Backups

When an action was submitted during the night will never matter when the actions are processed.

ACTION FEEDBACK

These are the results you will get when you submit certain actions.

Non-investigative roles when they submit an action (they also receive this if they are roleblocked):

Your action on Player A was received.
    Investigative roles (Tracker, Cop, etc.) when roleblocked:

Your action on Player B did not return any results.
    Trackers when tracking a person that didn't visit anyone (or if they targeted a Ninja):

Player C did not visit anyone.
    Watchers when watching a person that wasn't visited by anyone (or only visited by a Ninja):

Player D was not visited by anyone.
    Alignment Cop when investigating a town-aligned player (or a Godfather):

Player E is Town
    Watcher when watching a person that was visited by multiple people:

Player F was visited by Player G, Player H, Player I
    FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

How do I submit my action?
    Use the form below the game thread. If your role has a night action, the form will only be visible during night phases. It's not possible to submit actions in advance of the night phase.

What does it mean if the Mafia Host says that night kills are assigned?
    In games with this setting turned on, the member of the mafia team that made the most recent night kill submission will be the one assigned to the kill, which means that the kill can be blocked if a Town Roleblocker or Town Jailkeeper target the mafia player in question. Similarly, the kill can be tracked and watched by Town Trackers and Town Watchers. If this setting isn't turned on, then it doesn't matter who the last person to submit the mafia kill is, as the kill is unblockable and untrackable in this case.

Where do I find example role PM's?
    This thread contains example role PM's for all roles currently supported by the Modbot as well as information on the various modifiers. Here you will find the answers to a lot of questions not covered in this FAQ section.

Which roles can self-target?
    Only Watchers are able to use their ability on themselves at night. This means that Doctors or Jailkeepers aren't able to protect themselves, for example.

Which roles are not able to target the same players on consecutive nights?
    Doctors, Jailkeepers, and Roleblockers are not allowed to target the same player twice in a row. Everyone else is, including Bodyguards. Note that this non-consecutive restriction still holds true even if one of these three roles were blocked the night before when targeting the person that they're attempting to target again.

What happens if Jailkeeper A and Jailkeeper B or Roleblocker A and Roleblocker B target each other (and are not targetted by other blockers)?
    In the case of Jailkeepers, they will block and protect each other. In the case of Roleblockers, they also block each other. This means that the two players are trackable to each other that night by Trackers and Watchers. It also means that if one of them is mafia and happens to simultaneously be the one submitting the factional kill that night in a game with assigned kills, then this kill is blocked. This same principle applies to longer loops. I.e. in a A > B > C > D > A loop, everyone is blocked.

What happens if Jailkeeper A targets Roleblocker B who targets Jailkeeper A?
    Jailkeeper A will be blocked in this scenario. Refer to the order of operations: Roleblocks process before jails.

What happens if Jailkeeper A targets Roleblocker B who targets Player C?
    As stated above, roleblocks process before jails, so Roleblocker B will successfully block Player C. I.e. Jailkeeper A will fail to block Roleblocker B, but will still protect Roleblocker B.

What happens if Jailkeeper A targets Jailkeeper B and Jailkeeper B targets Jailkeeper C (who isn't targeting any of the former two)?
    In this case, Jailkeeper A would prevent Jailkeeper B's block from occuring, meaning that Jailkeeper C's action is not blocked.

If an X-Shot role is blocked while using a shot, do they lose that shot forever?
    Yes. A 1-shot Vigilante being blocked while attempting to kill someone will not have their shot refunded.

If someone with a Strongman modifier kills Player A who is protected by Bodyguard B, who dies?
    Player A will die, and Bodyguard B will survive.

Can a mafia team choose not to kill anyone during a night?
    The host can determine this using the Mafia Factional Kill setting. Kills can be mandatory, optional, or disabled altogether.

The default is No. The mafia factional kill is compulsory. This is done in order to avoid deadlocked games where the town keeps no lynching and the mafia refuses to submit a kill. If the game has assigned kills, it will be randomized which member of the team is carrying out the kill.

If there is only one mafia member left in a game without assigned kills, can the mafia factional kill then be blocked and/or tracked?
    No.

Can the mafia submit a kill for one of their own members?
    No.

If I kill someone, does their night action, if they have one, still succeed?
    Yes, killing someone doesn't prevent them from performing their night action (unless they investigated someone, in which case they will not receive a report). Refer to the order of operations: All kills happen at the end of the night, and everyone pulls the trigger simultaneously.

Can individual night actions be proxied on mafia teams?
    No. If the mafia team has a Mafia Roleblocker, for example, and they want to use this role's action, then the player occupying that slot must submit the action themselves.

If a Lover is shot during the night, while the other Lover is protected that night, does the other Lover still die?
    Yes. It's not possible to prevent a Lover from dying of love sickness.

If a Bodyguard protects Lover A, while Lover B is shot during that same night, what happens?
    A dies of love sickness and Bodyguard lives.

If there are any Innocent Childs in the game, are these confirmed in the thread right when the game begins?
    No. Innocent Childs are able to decide themselves when or if they wish to have the Modbot confirm their role and alignment in the thread. Note that this is exclusively a day action and that it can take up to one minute for the Modbot to process the action.

What results are Alignment Cops, Full Cops and Role Cops given if they investigate a Godfather or a Miller?
    Alignment Cops are told "Town" for Godfathers and "Mafia" for Millers. Full Cops are told "Vanilla Town" for Godfathers and "Mafia Goon" for Millers. Role Cops are told "Godfather" for Godfathers and "Miller" for Millers.

Can Role Cops tell the difference between a Vanilla Town and Mafia Goon?
    No. They are told "Vanilla" when investigating either of these two roles.

If I roleblock someone with a Bulletproof Vest, will that nullify the effect of the vest?
    No. Bulletproof Vests are passive modifiers that cannot be blocked from working.

If I roleblock Masons, Neighbors or Lovers with out of thread communication privileges, can I prevent them from talking at night?
    No.

If I roleblock a Godfather, will they still be revealed as being town-aligned to Alignment Cops and Full Cops that night?
    Yes.

USING THE SOFTWARE

Are you wondering about how to vote, submit night actions or multi-isolate players? Read about this and more here:

VOTING BBCODES

Our forum votes for someone by using the vote tags: [V]Thingyman[/V]. Preview:

##Vote Thingyman

Make sure that you spell out the full, correct name. Abbreviations or misspelled names will not be registered by the Modbot.

To unvote, use the tags: [UNV][/UNV] . When unvoting you do not need to enter the name of the person that you are unvoting. Preview:

##Unvote

VOTING BUTTONS

You can also quickly vote for someone by clicking on the box with a checkmark icon, which will bring up an alphabetized dropdown containing the names of living players:

This will insert [V][/V] tags with the name of the player you selected in the dropdown, perfect every time.

Click the empty checkbox button to insert [UNV][/UNV].

SUBMITTING NIGHT ACTIONS

If you have a night action, simply submit this at night by scrolling to the bottom of the game thread. Here you will find a night action form like this:

Click the dropdown and select the player whom you wish to use your night action on. You can change it as many times as you wish before the deadline expires.

CALLING UP A VOTECOUNT

Votecounts will appear automatically at various intervals, but you can also call up votecounts yourself by following these steps:

First, you need to apply to join "Mafia Game Hosts" under Permission Groups.

Second, once your request has been approved, you will be able to call up votecounts by simply pushing the "Post Votecount" button in the top right corner of any game thread that you'd like an updated votecount for.

VIEWING VOTE HISTORY

There are three ways to access the vote history for any game.

1. Click on the "Vote History" button in the top right corner of the game thread:

2. Click on the "View Vote History" link, which accompanies all votecounts:

3. Click on Modbot in the top forum menu. This will give you a list of ongoing and completed games:

Next, simply click on "Vote History" to view all votes for that game.

Following any of the above three steps will bring you to an overview like this one:

Click on a Voter's username to view all of the votes by their slot.

Click on a Target's username to view all of the votes for their slot.

ISOLATING A PLAYER'S POSTS

If you wish to read a player's posts in isolation, simply click on "ISO" in the top right corner of one of that player's posts in the relevant thread as illustrated here:

Alternatively, you can access a player's posts in isolation by clicking on the number next to "Replies:" in the forum lobby.

Doing so will pull up a window listing the post counts for everyone who has posted in that thread. You access someone's posts in isolation by simply clicking on the number next to "Posts:" for that person.

The ISO view itself has Quote and Multi-Quote buttons inside it, which will make it very easy to quickly quote a lot of a player's posts for analysis or commentary:

MULTI-ISOLATING

If you wish to read not just one player's posts, but you want to ISO multiple players, then click the "Multi ISO" button to the left of "Game Tools" and select the players in question as shown here:

MULTI-QUOTING WHILE THREAD IS LOCKED

Note that you can multi-quote posts from even locked game threads. This is useful for when you wish to reread the game and do work during night phases.

After quoting the relevant posts, you simply open a different, opened thread and press "Go Advanced". Then add the quotes to your post by clicking the prompt below the post area as shown here:

Now, of course you can't post your work in the game thread while the thread is locked, but you can copy paste and save your work to a local file or the cloud and have it ready to post the very next day phase (if you're still alive, that is).