Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Resident Evil Game [Information thread] Night 8
Night 8 

1. Bookmark ISO #301
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    Forums.totalwar.org

Elementary School is now Open, as of Action Phase 2.

Previously Opened Landmarks:

Graveyard
    is Open at game start.
    Gas Station is Open at game start.

2. Bookmark ISO #302
    Timezone
    Community
    Forums.totalwar.org

Movement Phase Three Ends Thursday November 22nd, 2018 at 05:00 PM in EST/EDT.

3. Bookmark ISO #303
    Timezone
    Community
    Forums.totalwar.org

4. Bookmark ISO #304
    Timezone
    Community
    Forums.totalwar.org

Round ends November 29th, 2018 at 05:00 PM in EST/EDT.

5. Bookmark ISO #305
    Timezone
    Community
    Forums.totalwar.org

Please note that that the Clock Tower landmark building
    and the Army Base landmark building are now OPEN.

Graveyard
    is Open at game start.

6. Bookmark ISO #306
    Timezone
    Community
    Forums.totalwar.org
    Movement Phase Four Ends December 6th, 2018 at 05:00 PM in EST/EDT.

7. Bookmark ISO #307
    Timezone
    Community
    Forums.totalwar.org

Movement Phase Three: Cleaning up your toys, 6:20 PM

Action Phase Three: First Blood, 6:30 PM

One day remains to get in orders, for those who have not done so.
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; December 5th, 2018 at 02:33 PM.

8. Bookmark ISO #308
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    Player Substitution in Resident Evil: Resurrection

SmartBomb has subbed in for Empoof.

9. Bookmark ISO #309
    Community
    Mafia Universe

Hallia has subbed in for GeneralHankerchief.

10. Bookmark ISO #310
    Timezone
    Community
    Forums.totalwar.org

Action Phase Four Ends December 26th, 2018 at 05:00 PM in EST/EDT.

11. Bookmark ISO #311
    Timezone
    Community
    Forums.totalwar.org

1. Location matters. Larger buildings are harder to defend from the inside, as they have more windows, access points, and surface area to barricade. Smaller buildings are more defensible.

2. Quality matters. Regular old buildings (found at any given non-landmark tile) might be well constructed, or crappy. Landmarks are probably very strong points to defend, if the building itself is small and was also nearly impossible or impossible for you to break into without a key.

3. You're not going to get very far without barricade materials. When you put in an order to search, don't forget section seven, which I will quote for you here:

7) Rewarding creativity

During the Action Phase, if you want to tell me your additional specific plans for which weapon to use, and when, or perhaps on what targets, and if you want to be creative in planning a trap, ambush, or entrenched position (like a barricade), feel free to be more imaginative. Just know, if you get too creative, I won't be able to factor in your plans within the scope of the game, and I won't have time to tell you in advance that your orders are not workable.

Also, if you plan to set up a trap, let me know what sort of materials you are searching for whenever you search, during your Movement Phase or Action Phase. If the materials are relatively common and benign, you will probably end up finding them if you don't find a more valuable item. If your materials are rare or highly explosive, flammable, or otherwise obviously dangerous, they will be much harder to find, but still possible.

If your plan integrates several found materials plausibly into an actual trap or barricade, I will give you a bonus to the success of your plan, and it is more likely your plan will have an actual effect.

Creative plans using improvised materials can affect the outcome. The limits are your imagination and the fairness and plausibility of your plans, and some dice rolls.
    If you dont find a more valuable item. Which means if you have an inherently crappy search value, you're actually a wizard at finding barricade materials and other trap making materials.

Yes, your character's suckiness actually comes in handy.

4. The more and more varied types of materials
    you use in a given trap or barricade, the better.

5. The better suited to the task the materials are, the better. Realism helps. You're not going to barricade the army base with a folding chair. A bunch of very large and heavy items, might work.

6. It is still a dice roll even under optimal conditions. Best you can hope for in most cases is a bonus to your evasion, delay your attackers, bonus to your accuracy. But a very effective barricade might be a life saver, particularly against hordes.

7. Hordes will be a thing. You ain't seen nothin' yet.

8. You don't have a strength of 5 or better, you cant even break into ordinary buildings on any given tile, nevermind landmarks.

9. Difficult to enter landmarks will open up over time. They can be defensible places to hole up in a pinch. Even if you didn't open it yourself. This will be your only helpful tip with regard to hordes.

10. Time investment matters. If you find yourself already completely surrounded, now, out in the open, it is already too late. You can't barricade effectively in almost any circumstance. A narrow alley when you already have barricade materials, MAYBE. Scrambling up a fire escape with no barricade materials won't help you if the enemy is already upon you.

That means if you intend to defend, you have to plan ahead and invest time in a certain area. Plan to defend.

Waves of zombies are always coming. Just because the area around you is safe now, doesn't mean you will be safe next turn. There could be a horde just outside your visual range. Zombies move too. They can move to the same tile you just did.

The city is crowded and you can waltz right into a horde of zombies at any time, and by then, it could be too late.

Hope these tips help you survive.... or put up a decent fight.
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; December 23rd, 2018 at 08:47 PM.

12. Bookmark ISO #312
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    « Day 5 Lynch: No lynch »
    Resident Evil: Resurrection Day 5 Votecount

Votes Target Voters (Posts in Phase)
    60 Not voting Creature (0), Jan (0), Jaleb (0), Apoc (0), Cron (0), Cory (0), Mantichora (0), Believer (0), autolycus (0), Makaze (0), smilefires (0), Legato Endless (0), SpankGangsta (0), stinkyjoeterry (0), grapefruit21 (0), Paperblade (0), Wesmaster160 (0), Empoof (0), FTFlush (0), Iso (0), TehBankertin (0), effen (0), CrimsonFox (0), Weatherguy (0), Lenlo (0), Choxorn (0), wiggles1993 (0), Vaimes (0), dyachei (0), Aquilla (0), Fable (0), Logic (0), Newcomb (0), Mill Crab (0), Boquise (0), Frog (0), NotACop (0), Secondhand Revenant (0), Arapocalypse (0), LordQuas (0), bopolis (0), Ampharos (0), Dp101 (0), Backwards_Logic (0), Thingyman (0), Jackofhearts2005 (0), Allundberg (0), Chris (0), Nippleman (0), Prophylaxis (0), GeneralHankerchief (0), Double A (0), Montmorency (0), Csargo (0), beruru (0), jumpluff (0), BSmith (0), McGinty (0), EvanManManMan (0), Jalandh (0)

View Vote History

No one was lynched.

Day 5 has ended.

Day 5 ended at 5:00 PM EST on Saturday, January 5th, 2019.

13. Bookmark ISO #313
    Timezone
    Community
    Forums.totalwar.org
    I have been sick for the past couple weeks. Been to the doctor and now on new medication.

I should be able to continue if I still have players. Will assume I do.

Game is not dead but I do know I lost another player during the hiatus. Will replace them with the first person to die, most likely.

14. Bookmark ISO #314
    Timezone
    Community
    Forums.totalwar.org

I need to figure out if there is a way we can finish out this game, or if I need to just shut it down and reveal everything and say goodbyes to this community.

I've obviously been struggling with issues, it's a bit too personal to go into details.

I either finish this out or I don't, I think I can continue but I know I lost at least one player before I even stopped checking in, and I have zero subs.

New rule number 1:

If I continue, the rule going forward will be, if I can't check in daily with updates I will just shut down the game and go into postgame. I can't leave you guys hanging like this ever again.

However, everything still needs to fit into my work schedule and personal time. I've been on new meds for a while, I think my condition is stable enough to continue.

It's really up to you folks if you want to finish things out and give me one more shot to do justice to this game. So, I will check in with everyone and find out where we stand.

If I have absolutely no subs, and I have roles which need orders, I will come up with a neutral way to make the slots into NPCs, so the game balance won't be significantly affected.

First, I will check in with everyone, as soon as I get a feedback from every living player and there are enough to continue the game, I will finish out this round and we will start on a normal schedule.

The new normal schedule will be as follows:
    Every day I have off, if there is hosting stuff to do, I will dedicate at least an hour to doing hosting stuff. You may still have to wait for me for several days, but I will work on this game every day without fail.

I should be able to handle that level of workload. If I can't, I will end the game and we will do postgame.

Also, I need to be able to talk to folks, and I don't want to rely on Discord to get in touch with people because not everyone has discord.

So, new rule number 2:

This thread will remain open.

Do not use it to communicate with other players or give hints or reveal anything. Only use it if you want to bump the thread or check on the progress of the game.

If you want to ping me for any reason, feel free to bump this thread.

Checking my messages...

15. Bookmark ISO #315
    Timezone
    Community
    Forums.totalwar.org
    When I have gotten a checkin message of some kind from 90+ percent of the alive players, I will start a countdown and send out a notification to all that the round will restart.

This will give everyone a definite game restart time and date, so you can get back on the same pages.

16. Bookmark ISO #316
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    AKA
    Jaland, Shadowlesscloud
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself

17. Bookmark ISO #317
    Community
    HCRealms/MafiaTheSyndicate
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by MacDougall
    If it's any consolation, you do have the best gif game.
    Quote Originally Posted by dunya
    i don't know when to take jack seriously lol.

18. Bookmark ISO #318

19. Bookmark ISO #319
    Ruler of the Universe Thingyman's Avatar Administrator
    Timezone
    UTC+01:00
    Community
    PokerNet / 2+2

20. Bookmark ISO #320
    In for the win.

21. Bookmark ISO #321
    Most Likely Asleep Secondhand Revenant's Avatar
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    AKA
    Secondhand Revenant
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    if everyone else is saying here I will to still in!
    Come wayward souls,
    Who wander through the darkness,
    There is a light for the lost and the meek.

Quote Originally Posted by LordQuas
    You don't have to do anything except die
    Quote Originally Posted by Visorslash
    Look upon my works ye low hanging fruit and despair!
    Quote Originally Posted by Visorslash
    I'm not accusing you of meta

I'm accusing you of a wolfiest

The most heinous of crimes

22. Bookmark ISO #322
    I'm very much still in, but I want to add that you shouldn't feel any pressure to carry this on if it's going to make life harder for you.

23. Bookmark ISO #323
    Timezone
    UTC-06:00
    Community
    Mafia Universe

24. Bookmark ISO #324
    I'm in.

25. Bookmark ISO #325
    Wants It Most Apoc's Avatar Game Manager

26. Bookmark ISO #326
    Lost Weasley Brother Allundberg's Avatar
    Community
    PokerNet
    Im saddened that you will leave this community after the game.

Its also sad to hear that you are going through a rough time. I wish you all the best! and Thanks alot for all you have given to this community over the last years!

I am having an increasing workload and would personally prefer to not continue but if needed I will stay in.

27. Bookmark ISO #327
    Low Hanging Fruit Backwards_Logic's Avatar
    Timezone
    Community
    CFC

28. Bookmark ISO #328
    Timezone
    Community
    The Org
    Even if you fail to see through the Resident Evil sequel, please remember that you have accomplished a hell of a lot in your time, Pizza.

https://i.imgur.com/cD7vqkg.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by El-Ahrairah
    Snatz is a very quiet and reserved individual, and he's not around very much. He's a bit of a loose cannon: I never know what he's going to do from one moment to the next.
    Quote Originally Posted by snatz (#2497)
    I am not wolf since rabbit cant catch wolf And you are rabbit Who caught me So I am not wolf

29. Bookmark ISO #329
    Timezone
    Community
    Forums.totalwar.org
    A quick scan shows everyone who has responded is still in, with about half the player base left to go.

I will update this thread as soon as we reach the threshold, and begin a countdown to normal resumption of play.

During the countdown phase I will also be sending out the results of the round, which was all that I had left to do to advance the phase. I will pace myself and it will take a few days to do that.

Then, I will launch new comms threads for those who have communication or still have it, where needed.

When both things are done and the countdown is over, you will have several days to discuss your situation and send in orders.

If you know someone who can sub in, I could use a couple, but even if I don't get any, we can proceed.

30. Bookmark ISO #330
    Lost Weasley Brother Allundberg's Avatar
    Community
    PokerNet
    Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy (#372)
    A quick scan shows everyone who has responded is still in, with about half the player base left to go.

I will update this thread as soon as we reach the threshold, and begin a countdown to normal resumption of play.

During the countdown phase I will also be sending out the results of the round, which was all that I had left to do to advance the phase. I will pace myself and it will take a few days to do that.

Then, I will launch new comms threads for those who have communication or still have it, where needed.

When both things are done and the countdown is over, you will have several days to discuss your situation and send in orders.

If you know someone who can sub in, I could use a couple, but even if I don't get any, we can proceed.
    just so it is clear, I would prefer to NOT let the game continue. as I am very busy.

31. Bookmark ISO #331
    Community
    murdermystery@gmail
    I would wait until end of days to be privy to such a special game.

I don't think you guys realize how special this is.

:shrug:

If this fails I'll be sad, but I'd be willing to see how many people would be interested in a remake type of game.

I think realistically you need to set this type of game up for ~40 phases; you'd need ~3 hosts , and you'd need people willing to play for a year

If this game ends early I don't think there's more lost than gained

I could easily see a strong revival for the next year in this fashion

I could also see a version of this game end in 6 months, but it'd be more personal

I guess we'll see what the deal is ; I'd recc not advertising fwiw

If you're interested and not signed / send a message to askthepizzaguy nkw

32. Bookmark ISO #332
    Community
    HCRealms/MafiaTheSyndicate
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by MacDougall
    If it's any consolation, you do have the best gif game.
    Quote Originally Posted by dunya
    i don't know when to take jack seriously lol.

33. Bookmark ISO #333
    Bandwagoner
    Timezone
    Community
    civfanatics

34. Bookmark ISO #334
    Timezone
    AKA
    Jaland, Shadowlesscloud
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackofhearts2005 (#375)
    I agree with everything Frog said.

35. Bookmark ISO #335
    Strong roster.

Fudge the rules if you need to, pizza.

Nobody'll moan.

36. Bookmark ISO #336
    Timezone
    UTC-06:00
    Community
    EpicMafia/DailyMafia
    AKA
    Onuzq
    Quote Originally Posted by Empoof (#4961)
    it was jaleb

@Jaleb is a god

⚡🍺Frog 🍺⚡Last Thursday at 8:11 AM
    ok dudes
    you can discuss the event here if you want

Jaleb (RB/1% ITA)Last Thursday at 8:05 AM
    Done, will take my prize now
    I do have a 1900 rating in solving tactics :smiley:

AndrewGreve(night vig/39%ITA)Last Thursday at 8:10 AM
    hey
    i dont know chess tactics
    should I try?

Jaleb (RB/1% ITA)Last Thursday at 8:10 AM
    1. Bf6 2. Qh7 3. Rf7 4. Nh6 5. Re5 6. ... Qh3 7. Qd8 8. h7 9. ... Ne5+; fxe5 h5 10. ... Bg1; Kg3 Qf2; Kh3 Qh2 i you want the answer, not that it matters
    if*

⚡🍺Frog 🍺⚡Last Thursday at 8:11 AM
    Jaleb, you're lowkey Magnus

37. Bookmark ISO #337
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    « 5: Chemist1422 subbed in for grapefruit21 »

Chemist1422 has subbed in for grapefruit21.

38. Bookmark ISO #338
    Timezone
    Community
    Forums.totalwar.org
    Alright. I got a lot of responses from my initial wave of messages, but I know I havent heard back from a good chunk of people, so I will directly message everyone left on the list one by one.

Need a little more time to hear back.

39. Bookmark ISO #339
    Community
    The Org
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief
    Csargo is cookies and cream, a flavor that doesn't take itself seriously but knows exactly what it is and always delivers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

40. Bookmark ISO #340
    #BetterThanYou
    Community
    WF/DM/VS/PerC/MU/PHC
    I'm not playing any more unless you're good for it, Pizza - your well being/personal life is more important than a game. If you're up for continuing, I'm happy to play. I just don't want you to prioritize US over YOU.

41. Bookmark ISO #341
    Furry Collective Grand Herald Chemist1422's Avatar
    Community
    ToS
    AKA
    Chem, Mist, Roxas, Wind
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafia Host (#380)

Chemist1422 has subbed in for grapefruit21.
    /wave
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemist1422 (#6)
    mfw you accidentally sell your soul for a modpeek

42. Bookmark ISO #342
    Timezone
    Community
    Forums.totalwar.org
    I'm not playing any more unless you're good for it, Pizza - your well being/personal life is more important than a game. If you're up for continuing, I'm happy to play. I just don't want you to prioritize US over YOU.
    I am good. This game wasn't really contributing to my issue, but the issue made it difficult for me to continue. Having monitored my health for the past couple months on the new meds, I should be good.

No worries. If I cannot continue, I have no qualms about passing the game on and revealing what was supposed to happen.

I'd much rather reveal what was supposed to happen when it does happen, but I have the game in its proper order of priority in my life right now.

43. Bookmark ISO #343
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    « 5: mhsmith0 subbed in for beruru »

mhsmith0 has subbed in for beruru.

44. Bookmark ISO #344
    Timezone
    Community
    Forums.totalwar.org

45. Bookmark ISO #345
    Furry Collective Grand Herald Chemist1422's Avatar
    Community
    ToS
    AKA
    Chem, Mist, Roxas, Wind
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemist1422 (#6)
    mfw you accidentally sell your soul for a modpeek

46. Bookmark ISO #346
    ༼ つ ;-; ༽つ give smith another day mhsmith0's Avatar Game Manager
    Timezone
    UTC-07:00
    Community
    PlayDiplomacy, MafiaScum
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafia Host (#386)

mhsmith0 has subbed in for beruru.
    Life is simply unfair... don't you think?
    http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=mhsmith0

BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me

47. Bookmark ISO #347
    Wants It Most Apoc's Avatar Game Manager

48. Bookmark ISO #348
    Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy (#392)
    All that is left is updating everyone individually. Some 59 results to send, and several days to do it.

I can do this...

Game returns in 4 days.
    You can do it, take as long as is comfortable for you. None of us want to see you suffer.

49. Bookmark ISO #349
    Timezone
    Community
    Forums.totalwar.org

• You are now beginning to sense the approximate locations of the zombie horde.
    • This sense is very inaccurate and might detect the presence of visible, or hidden zombies.
    • It might not detect the presence of all the possible zombies in the game, or smaller groups, or individual zombies.
    • You are also aware of new limitations on where you can move.
    • Any tile that is marked with a Red X is impassable without a special item.

Here is the Map for your Zombie Sense for Action Phase Five.

Impassable tiles: A1 to V1, O2 to V2 (reason: Burning train, fuel fires spreading)

Later on in the game, this sense will become sharper, more defined, and be able to detect more than just zombies. If you survive that long. Now you should be able to predict when it might be appropriate to run, and to where, and where and when is a good time to barricade.

This update will also go in the game thread, and also to all private results channels when you get your results for the round.

50. Bookmark ISO #350
    Timezone
    Community
    Forums.totalwar.org

Please note that that the University landmark building is now OPEN.

Graveyard
    is Open at game start.
    Clock Tower is Open, as of Action Phase 4.
    Army base is Open, as of Action Phase 4.
    University is Open, as of Action Phase 5.