Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm Sunbae and sometimes I play werewolf. AMA

1. ISO #1

I'm Sunbae and sometimes I play werewolf. AMA

Other than werewolf I spend a lot of time on video games, tabletop games, baseball, and Magic the Gathering.

Let's do it

2. ISO #2
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    NovoCiv

which video games are your favourite? which ones are you working through now?

how HYPED are you for BOTW2?

let's host that game we never got around to, yeah?
    leaping up into the air getting juiced up beyond belief

3. ISO #3
    Community
    MiniMafia // Smogon
    Voxx GOAT

4. ISO #4
    where are you on THE CHART right now?

5. ISO #5
    Timezone
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    You ever play OOTP?

6. ISO #6
    Community
    ToS
    AKA
    Chem, Mist, Roxas, Wind
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemist1422 (#6)
    mfw you accidentally sell your soul for a modpeek

7. ISO #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Beck (#2)
    hi Sunbae

which video games are your favourite? which ones are you working through now?

how HYPED are you for BOTW2?

let's host that game we never got around to, yeah?
    I think Nier: Automata is the perfect video game. The story, setting, atmosphere, and soundtrack are all top notch. They also solved one of the only issues I have with long RPGs (my favorite genre) which is how repetitive combat gets in the mid stages of the game. At some point in most of them you just find combat to be an annoyance that you mash ATTACK a few times to get over with as you're trying to move from place to place. Nier:Automata not only gives you ample space to avoid combat if you desire as you move around (exceptions exist for story progression) but also switches up how combat works often to keep it feeling fresh. It's just fun to play and explore on top of all the other things. It's just the peak of what I'm looking for when I play games now.

Other contenders for all time favorite games:
    - Final Fantasy 6, 9, 12
    - Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask
    - Chrono Trigger
    - Suikoden II
    - Portal II

More recent games that I've loved:
    - Celeste
    - Hollow Knight
    - Ori and the Blind Forest
    - The Witness (Puzzle Game)
    - Undertale
    - A Hat in Time
    - World of Final Fantasy was absolutely adorable

Then there's some more random, quirky games that I enjoyed even if I don't think I'd ever replay them:
    - Evoland II
    - Danganronpa series
    - RiME

I've only gotten to watch Cadence of Hyrule, but it also seems excellent and right up my alley. Rhythm game set to Zelda remixes with an overworld like A Link to the Past is just such a neat concept.

I'm currently catching up on some older games I missed out on. Recently played The Wind Waker for the first time and loved it. Then I played Super Mario Sunshine and it was only alright. Knocked out Mass Effect and thought it was really good. Now I'm going through Paper Mario the Thousand Year Door and think it's excellent.

I am super hyped for BOTW2, but I really need to get the switch so I can play the first one. I keep putting it off. The trailer looked AWESOME.

I would love to make a game and it being Zeldamash would still be my goal. I just don't think I have the time to actually host anymore I'm all about the design of it and I have some new roles and interesting events already designed in a file somewhere that I haven't looked at in at least a year. Just don't know how I'd ever have enough free time to knock it out now.

8. ISO #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Empoof (#3)
    What decks do you like playing in mtg?
    I'm a durdly type of guy. Give me like the tier 2 decks that don't win as much but do cool things over a streamlined mono red or esper deck.

Right now in standard I'm goofing around with some 5 color Niv-Mizzet Reborn nonsense. It's fun and has game against a lot of the other decks like Grixis, Esper, Dreadhorde, and Mass Ramp. Can't beat mono red to save my life though lol.

I don't really play any other constructed formats. I used to play modern but they banned Pod and I just had a pile of cards worth a lot less overnight and it kinda soured me on spending so much $$$ to build a deck when they can just ban it. So I prefer the rotation of standard where nothing gets that expensive and I know my time is limited with the cards so I can trade in and out of stuff freely.

My favorite way to play Magic is draft though. Modern Horizons was pretty sick. Didn't really like War of the Spark (too many cards that win on their own for my taste) but Dominaria was my absolute jam. Been playing since like Masques and Dominaria is one of my top 5 formats to play.

9. ISO #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan (#4)
    where are you on THE CHART right now?
    I don't remember exactly how I labeled it

I'm currently at the intersection of "I'm going to put an effort in but not be consumed by the game" and "I'm having a reasonably enjoyable time but that's directly related to not being consumed by the game"

10. ISO #10
    Quote Originally Posted by WaywardSon (#5)
    Where did the screen name come from?
    You ever play OOTP?
    I used to really like a lot of the reality game show on TV like Survivor, Big Brother, and Amazing Race. One day someone turned me onto a Korean game show called "The Genius" and I loved it. They used the word sunbae a lot and I thought it sounded nice. I'm bad at coming up with user names so I often just grab something I'm watching/listening to at that moment, The Genius was on, and I just picked Sunbae.

Assuming OOTP is Out of the Park Baseball, I played it briefly as a free game on a humble bundle deal a while ago. It never really grasped me. I've never really enjoyed the simulation genre of games. I've tried things like Truck Sim, The Sims, Civ 3, OOTP Baseball, and watched someone play Tropico and Football Manager and none of them really held my attention further than one session.

11. ISO #11
    Favorite mafia/werewolf moment?
    That's tough. Obviously there's a bunch of really funny moments that I'm glad I was a part of.

One of my absolute favorite moments that stuck with me was an early game I played. There was an in game SHEEP event and I was a wolf. Well, the wolf team decided the best way to win this event was to just have two people put the same answers to have the highest score. At no point did anybody think "this will be revealed in the thread and you'll be outed", but that's exactly what happened. By the time the third question was revealed both of them were lolcatting, it was a dumpster fire for our chances of winning, and the thread was howling in laughter. To top it off, one of them had the ability that "Anyone that shoots you is shot instead". Well, a third wolf that wasn't in wolf chat decided that they were going to get mad credit for killing them. So he shot at the lolcatting wolf, died himself, and flipped wolf. The thread absolutely lost it it was probably the hardest I've ever laughed at werewolf even though we were getting smoked.

There was also the time that I was wolfing in a multifaction game with like 4 different wolf teams. A partner of mine was a suicide bomber so we came up with the elite strategy for me to claim seer, have him as a wolf peek, have him blow himself up like he was already going to do, and set me up for a long game. Plan worked out great. I claimed. He died. Then I died about 2.5 minutes later when one of the other factions used their vig to kill the "seer". Didn't uh, think that one through lol. But had a great time laughing about it in dead chat after.

There was a time where there was a game with like 35-50 people and one player said they needed 13 people for an event. So I and 12 others said sure. Then we all died as the event was a third party "suicide cult". It was like day 1 or early day 2 and hilarious to see so many people in dead chat wondering wtf just happened.

12. ISO #12
    Community
    M​afia Universe
    Quote Originally Posted by The Laws of Simplicity, John Maeda
    More emotions are better than less.

Simplicity can be considered ugly. Take my mother who absolutely despises anything of neutral color or minimalist form. She wants neon flowers, bejeweled frogs, and other decorative essentials. When it comes to aesthetics, she’s all about the "bling."

From a rational perspective, simplicity makes good economic sense. Simple objects are easier and less expensive to produce, and those savings can be translated directly to the consumer with desirable low prices. As evidenced by the extremely affordable line of simple products from furniture retailer Ikea, simplicity benefits the frugal shopper. However, there are some people, like my mother, who would say that simplicity is not only cheap, but would add that it looks cheap as well. A strong sense of self expression belies all of us humans, and many such decisions we make are not driven by logic alone.

The seventh Law is not for everyone—there will always be the die-hard Modernists who refuse any object that is not white or black, or else with clear or mirrored surfaces. My mother finds the iPod entirely unattractive. And while the older generation isn't Apple's targeted market (for the moment, at least), I am still the dutiful son I was raised to be, and so I find the seventh Law a necessary component in the simplicity toolbox. More emotions are better than less. When emotions are considered above everything else, don't be afraid to add more ornament or layers of meaning.
    What does emotion have to do with liking simple interfaces?

13. ISO #13
    Timezone
    UTC-06:00
    Community
    EpicMafia/DailyMafia
    AKA
    Onuzq
    I'm a durdly type of guy. Give me like the tier 2 decks that don't win as much but do cool things over a streamlined mono red or esper deck.

Right now in standard I'm goofing around with some 5 color Niv-Mizzet Reborn nonsense. It's fun and has game against a lot of the other decks like Grixis, Esper, Dreadhorde, and Mass Ramp. Can't beat mono red to save my life though lol.

I don't really play any other constructed formats. I used to play modern but they banned Pod and I just had a pile of cards worth a lot less overnight and it kinda soured me on spending so much $$$ to build a deck when they can just ban it. So I prefer the rotation of standard where nothing gets that expensive and I know my time is limited with the cards so I can trade in and out of stuff freely.

My favorite way to play Magic is draft though. Modern Horizons was pretty sick. Didn't really like War of the Spark (too many cards that win on their own for my taste) but Dominaria was my absolute jam. Been playing since like Masques and Dominaria is one of my top 5 formats to play.
    Best color in magic?

Would you play EDH or Legacy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Empoof (#4961)
    it was jaleb

@Jaleb is a god
    ⚡🍺Frog 🍺⚡Last Thursday at 8:11 AM
    ok dudes
    you can discuss the event here if you want

Jaleb (RB/1% ITA)Last Thursday at 8:05 AM
    Done, will take my prize now
    I do have a 1900 rating in solving tactics :smiley:

AndrewGreve(night vig/39%ITA)Last Thursday at 8:10 AM
    hey
    i dont know chess tactics
    should I try?

Jaleb (RB/1% ITA)Last Thursday at 8:10 AM
    1. Bf6 2. Qh7 3. Rf7 4. Nh6 5. Re5 6. ... Qh3 7. Qd8 8. h7 9. ... Ne5+; fxe5 h5 10. ... Bg1; Kg3 Qf2; Kh3 Qh2 i you want the answer, not that it matters
    if*

Jaleb, you're lowkey Magnus

14. ISO #14
    Timezone
    Community
    EpicMafia/DailyMafia
    AKA
    Onuzq
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunbae (#8)

Best color in magic?

Also, Cube?
    Quote Originally Posted by Empoof (#4961)
    it was jaleb

@Jaleb is a god
    ok dudes
    you can discuss the event here if you want

Jaleb (RB/1% ITA)Last Thursday at 8:05 AM
    Done, will take my prize now
    I do have a 1900 rating in solving tactics :smiley:

AndrewGreve(night vig/39%ITA)Last Thursday at 8:10 AM
    hey
    i dont know chess tactics
    should I try?

Jaleb (RB/1% ITA)Last Thursday at 8:10 AM
    1. Bf6 2. Qh7 3. Rf7 4. Nh6 5. Re5 6. ... Qh3 7. Qd8 8. h7 9. ... Ne5+; fxe5 h5 10. ... Bg1; Kg3 Qf2; Kh3 Qh2 i you want the answer, not that it matters
    if*

Jaleb, you're lowkey Magnus

15. ISO #15
    Timezone
    UTC+04:00
    Community
    Pokemon (Showdown)
    AKA
    ForgotToFlush
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamSemiNightless (#4)
    And it’s as simple as that
    Now back to work I go

16. ISO #16
    Loansharking blot test Newcomb's Avatar Head Moderator
    Community
    DLP
    One of my absolute favorite moments that stuck with me was an early game I played. There was an in game SHEEP event and I was a wolf. Well, the wolf team decided the best way to win this event was to just have two people put the same answers to have the highest score. At no point did anybody think "this will be revealed in the thread and you'll be outed", but that's exactly what happened. By the time the third question was revealed both of them were lolcatting, it was a dumpster fire for our chances of winning, and the thread was howling in laughter. To top it off, one of them had the ability that "Anyone that shoots you is shot instead". Well, a third wolf that wasn't in wolf chat decided that they were going to get mad credit for killing them. So he shot at the lolcatting wolf, died himself, and flipped wolf. The thread absolutely lost it it was probably the hardest I've ever laughed at werewolf even though we were getting smoked.
    God that sounds funny as $#@!.

What tabletop games are you into at the moment? I've been doing a regular board game night for a couple years and we've gone through a ton of them.

17. ISO #17
    Quote Originally Posted by annulus (#12)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Laws of Simplicity, John Maeda
    More emotions are better than less.

Simplicity can be considered ugly. Take my mother who absolutely despises anything of neutral color or minimalist form. She wants neon flowers, bejeweled frogs, and other decorative essentials. When it comes to aesthetics, she’s all about the "bling."

From a rational perspective, simplicity makes good economic sense. Simple objects are easier and less expensive to produce, and those savings can be translated directly to the consumer with desirable low prices. As evidenced by the extremely affordable line of simple products from furniture retailer Ikea, simplicity benefits the frugal shopper. However, there are some people, like my mother, who would say that simplicity is not only cheap, but would add that it looks cheap as well. A strong sense of self expression belies all of us humans, and many such decisions we make are not driven by logic alone.

The seventh Law is not for everyone—there will always be the die-hard Modernists who refuse any object that is not white or black, or else with clear or mirrored surfaces. My mother finds the iPod entirely unattractive. And while the older generation isn't Apple's targeted market (for the moment, at least), I am still the dutiful son I was raised to be, and so I find the seventh Law a necessary component in the simplicity toolbox. More emotions are better than less. When emotions are considered above everything else, don't be afraid to add more ornament or layers of meaning.
    What does emotion have to do with liking simple interfaces?
    I'm not sure that it has any relation personally, but I'm also not really well versed on the subject and my answer is just the gut reaction to what you've quoted and posted.

18. ISO #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaleb (#13)

Best color in magic?

I don't really believe there is an objective best color. I think the entire reason Magic has the longevity it does is because the colors having strengths and weaknesses that go counter each other.

Alternatively, I'd accept the answer "Blue"

Simic For Life
    Temur Party

I think Legacy is a really cool format that I'd love to try but it's just so expensive. Back when SCG streamed legacy events I loved the RUG delver decks. Even though it's fallen out of favor that's what I'd like to play.

EDH is really cool but the online interface is garbo for it on MTGO and nobody I know really plays it. I enjoy watching things like game knights on youtube. If I were to make a deck I'd probably pick something like Animar, Soul of Elements.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaleb (#14)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaleb (#13)

Best color in magic?

Also, Cube?
    Cube is pretty solid. It's not my favorite format ever or anything but it's a lot better than most draft formats. I prefer the legacy cube to the vintage cube.

19. ISO #19
    Quote Originally Posted by FTFlush (#15)
    I love you

No but for real, I appreciate the positive vibes. Thanks.

20. ISO #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Newcomb (#16)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunbae (#11)
    God that sounds funny as $#@!.

What tabletop games are you into at the moment? I've been doing a regular board game night for a couple years and we've gone through a ton of them.
    Recent stuff I've done includes Pandemic Legacy, Terraforming Mars, and Betrayal at House on the Hill. I enjoyed all three. Sushi Go is a super fun quick game and Love Letter is a great game to play quickly with a group of 3 people.

Currently we've been rocking Harry Potter Hogwarts Battle which is a cooperative deck building card game and it's A+. But I like Harry Potter a lot. It's difficulty gets pretty high in the middle/late years and we've probably failed more games than we succeeded.

There's also CLANK! which I recommend

21. ISO #21
    Community
    ToS
    AKA
    Chem, Mist, Roxas, Wind
    How does this image make you feel (credit to bbt)
    mfw you accidentally sell your soul for a modpeek

22. ISO #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemist1422 (#21)
    How does this image make you feel (credit to bbt)
    This is the first time I've seen that and it's amazing

Legit laughed

23. ISO #23
    Timezone
    Community
    The Cave of Dragonflies
    AKA
    Eifie
    Quote Originally Posted by EvanManManMan (#6)
    Too strong pls nerf

24. ISO #24
    Quote Originally Posted by bbt (#23)
    WHAT happen tu tEMMIE btw
    I switched it to my Wheatley from Portal 2 drawing a few weeks ago

I don't think it really fits me as an avatar but I was pretty happy with it as a drawing

I miss my tEMMIE though and I seem to have deleted the image I used to have. I'm sure I'll find another one when my current game is over (dont switch avatars during a game friends!)

25. ISO #25
    Timezone
    AKA
    Jaland, Shadowlesscloud
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself

If so, what system?

26. ISO #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalandh (#25)
    Do you play DnD?

If so, what system?
    I've played four or five games of D&D and all of them were in the last 18 months. We've only ever finished one of them and that's because it was a two session game. It just ends up being so hard to get 4-5 peoples schedules to line up consistently and the games end up sputtering out.

I'm not entirely comfortable doing a lot of the roleplaying that can come along with it yet but I'm getting better. My first couple games were much more min/maxed with most of my input happening in combat. My last couple of games saw me switch from Barbarian to Bard and it's been a lot more fun and interactive.

I think we played 5th edition? Whatever is most recent.

I'd like to try out one of the Magic the Gathering themed ones sometime. I know they have one for Amonkhet and Zendikar and both of those seem like great settings for a game.

27. ISO #27
    Timezone
    AKA
    Jaland, Shadowlesscloud
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Do you play DnD?

If so, what system?
    I've played four or five games of D&D and all of them were in the last 18 months. We've only ever finished one of them and that's because it was a two session game. It just ends up being so hard to get 4-5 peoples schedules to line up consistently and the games end up sputtering out.

I'm not entirely comfortable doing a lot of the roleplaying that can come along with it yet but I'm getting better. My first couple games were much more min/maxed with most of my input happening in combat. My last couple of games saw me switch from Barbarian to Bard and it's been a lot more fun and interactive.

I'd like to try out one of the Magic the Gathering themed ones sometime. I know they have one for Amonkhet and Zendikar and both of those seem like great settings for a game.
    HAve you checked out roll20? You can schedule online games with people across the world and its pretty great.

5e is the most recent though yeh

28. ISO #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalandh (#27)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunbae (#26)
    Do you play DnD?

If so, what system?

HAve you checked out roll20? You can schedule online games with people across the world and its pretty great.

Yeah, we use roll20 since we live in different places. I wasn't aware there were open groups though so I'll have to check that out sometime

29. ISO #29
    Timezone
    AKA
    Jaland, Shadowlesscloud
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalandh (#27)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunbae (#26)
    Do you play DnD?

If so, what system?

Yeah, we use roll20 since we live in different places. I wasn't aware there were open groups though so I'll have to check that out sometime
    Yurp, you can look for games starting with your desired time and how you wanna play.

30. ISO #30
    LGBT--Attorney, Cop, Loving Dad to 3 dogs and a cat
    Timezone
    Favorite mafia/werewolf moment?
    That's tough. Obviously there's a bunch of really funny moments that I'm glad I was a part of.

There was also the time that I was wolfing in a multifaction game with like 4 different wolf teams. A partner of mine was a suicide bomber so we came up with the elite strategy for me to claim seer, have him as a wolf peek, have him blow himself up like he was already going to do, and set me up for a long game. Plan worked out great. I claimed. He died. Then I died about 2.5 minutes later when one of the other factions used their vig to kill the "seer". Didn't uh, think that one through lol. But had a great time laughing about it in dead chat after.

There was a time where there was a game with like 35-50 people and one player said they needed 13 people for an event. So I and 12 others said sure. Then we all died as the event was a third party "suicide cult". It was like day 1 or early day 2 and hilarious to see so many people in dead chat wondering wtf just happened.
    Those are hilarious.

What is your favorite werewolf role and/or alignment to play?

31. ISO #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Zork (#30)

Village Mason

I only got to do it once (with one of my favorite people from werewolf - Captain Binkles) but it mixes the best perk of villaging (solving the game) with the best perk of wolfing (having a chat to goof around and hang out in).

32. ISO #32
    LGBT--Attorney, Cop, Loving Dad to 3 dogs and a cat
    Timezone

Village Mason

I only got to do it once (with one of my favorite people from werewolf - Captain Binkles) but it mixes the best perk of villaging (solving the game) with the best perk of wolfing (having a chat to goof around and hang out in).
    Well for a 24% chance of being randed lover, I do need one moar...lol

thanks for answering

33. ISO #33
    Am I making you nervous? MarkoRaj's Avatar

What's your werewolf origin story?
    If some $#@! can $#@! something up, that $#@! will pick the worst possible time to $#@!ing $#@! up because that $#@!'s a $#@!.

34. ISO #34
    Wants It Most Apoc's Avatar Game Manager

Couch Potato (0) to Gym Bunny (10)
    ?

Have you or do you play any heavily multiplayer video games?
    Counter-Strike, Overwatch, DotA/LoL, Starcraft/WarCraft, Team Fortress
    Etc.

How about MMOs?

What are your thoughts on the FF7 Remake E3 trailer?
    Last edited by Apoc; June 22nd, 2019 at 05:06 AM.

35. ISO #35
    Straight White Male wiggles1993's Avatar
    Timezone
    UTC±00:00
    Community
    DailyMafia
    AKA
    The Potato King
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

36. ISO #36
    Timezone
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    AKA
    scrambledwowee
    i highly recommend getting cadence of hyrule its very good
    what danganropa characters are you favorite?
    do you watch any streamers on twitch? if so who?
    also sorry for being a $#@! to you in the draft thread
    Last edited by Champ; June 22nd, 2019 at 08:16 AM.

37. ISO #37
    Timezone
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    AKA
    scrambledwowee
    Quote Originally Posted by wiggles1993 (#35)
    Do you like getting choked?

38. ISO #38
    Timezone
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    AKA
    scrambledwowee

Village Mason

a man with taste

39. ISO #39
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkoRaj (#33)
    How did you get to be so wholesome?

What's your werewolf origin story?
    Im not really sure. Like, it's exaggerated and part meme, but I do try and bring more positive interactions than negative ones. I've certainly been a jerk for time to time when playing werewolf and talking about it, but I like to think I'm much better now than I used to be before I came here.

A big reason why I think I've been able to be better is that I stopped really caring about winning. Of course I'd like to win, but I realized that there are an enormous number of factors outside of my control which determines who wins that getting worked up over it was silly. Instead, I just try to worry about how I do and am just ok with winning or losing otherwise. I should also note that "how I do" doesn't necessarily mean being correct. I think werewolf is really, really hard and you're going to be wrong more than right. As long as I put a solid effort in, listen to other people, and don't make the game worse by being in it I feel like I did a good job.

Every once in a while I start wanting to TRY HARD and throw my weight around and it usually goes poorly lol

Origin story isn't anything that interesting. I was on 2p2 for poker stuff, a werewolf game was promoted in a different subsection of the forum that I frequented, I tried it out, and I ended up really liking the puzzle aspects of it. Then I just kept playing.

40. ISO #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoc (#34)
    Where do you put yourself on a scale of

Couch Potato (0) to Gym Bunny (10)
    ?

Have you or do you play any heavily multiplayer video games?
    Counter-Strike, Overwatch, DotA/LoL, Starcraft/WarCraft, Team Fortress
    Etc.

How about MMOs?

What are your thoughts on the FF7 Remake E3 trailer?
    I'm like a 2 right now. I'm trying to be better about it but I've always had more sedentary hobbies (magic, poker, video games, board games, puzzles) than active ones (baseball). I think there was a period where I was an actual zero when I finally quit playing baseball and I never want to go back to that. I'm good with doing exercise outside - walks/hikes/runs/things like that - where I get fresh air and scenery but I'm just immensely bored staring at a wall or tv while on a machine in a gym.

I played some Overwatch but never got out of gold and was usually in bronze/low silver. I had a ton more fun playing quick play with friends than I ever did trying to do anything competitive. I played some rocket league for a bit when it first came out. Outside of Magic/Hearthstone I never really had any desire to play video games competitively. They are more of a hobby to relax with than something that drives me to be good at.

I play a $#@!ton of Final Fantasy 14 and am super hyped about the new expansion Shadowbringers. I almost never preorder a game but I had that one bought a month ago. It's A+ and if you like MMOs I highly recommend it. I never touched WoW (wasn't visually pleasing to me) and only briefly touched Elder Scrolls Online but it didn't interest me that much. FF14 I've been playing for two years with almost no breaks. Story is awesome. Lots of fun stuff to do. My biggest love for it is that you can level up all the classes and play them. You don't get locked into a class when you pick a character. So you can tank a dungeon, decide you're bored with that, and heal the next one. No need for alts.

FF7 remake looked FIRE. It looked so damn good. Graphics looked great. I'm actually a huge fan of the shift from pure turn based to a more active battle system that FF has taken. It took me a while to try it - I refused to play 12 and 13 for ages because "it's not turned based so it's not Final Fantasy" which was a stupid take on my part - but it just makes the game so much more fun to actually play. The fight they showed off was so much more complex and in depth than the original one and it makes me really excited to see what else they do with it.

41. ISO #41
    Quote Originally Posted by wiggles1993 (#35)
    Do you like getting choked?
    I'm all for doing what you like to do, but that ain't for me

42. ISO #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Champ (#36)
    i highly recommend getting cadence of hyrule its very good
    what danganropa characters are you favorite?
    do you watch any streamers on twitch? if so who?
    also sorry for being a $#@! to you in the draft thread
    Kaede.
    Also will accept Nagito as an answer

Yeah I watch a fair amount of stuff on twitch. Mostly watch whatever major magic stream is going on. When I'm not watching Magic it'll be something like the GDQs or SpikeVegeta. I used to watch LethalFrag a lot but haven't really been around there in a while.

No need, I didn't even recall that you were. Speaking of draft threads, I find that they are always tough. They should be awesome because it should be about picking highlights for people that spend so much of their time on here and letting everyone remember cool things they did. Instead, it sometimes turns into a bunch of people that didn't opt in getting $#@! on for being picked too high or something. I understand that drafts are always - no matter where or what is actually being drafted - going to be picked apart though. They probably bring more good than bad?

43. ISO #43
    I mean currently I have the Magic Mythic Invitational III on Twitch in the background. I usually have something from Twitch on as background noise.

44. ISO #44
    Timezone
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    AKA
    scrambledwowee
    Kaede.
    Also will accept Nagito as an answer
    not the best but not the worst answers

45. ISO #45
    Wants It Most Apoc's Avatar Game Manager
    Are you going to watch Season 40 of Survivor?

The theme is:
    All winners. They're actually gonna do it!

46. ISO #46
    Timezone
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    AKA
    scrambledwowee

The theme is:
    and the best player is in
    tony

47. ISO #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoc (#45)

The theme is:
    Probably not.

So I stopped watching Survivor after Game Changers. My reaction to someone being eliminated because production put so many advantages into the game that they were literally the only legal target despite receiving zero votes cast against them the entire game was

It's just a different show now.

I got so much enjoyment from Survivor due to the social dynamics and strategy involved. I could talk your ear off about my take on Survivor strategy, best players, underrated ones, overrated ones, the concept of playing strictly to win vs playing to either win or get invited back, optimal plays in various situations, building your credibility and then spending it, how to handle a jury*, what a proper FTC speech needs to look like, things like that. I was so into it. Podcasts, forums, group chats, edgic stuff. We did drafts to make our own seasons, rewatched seasons, found the entertainment in some of the weirdest people. It was just pure and fun.

I absolutely loved the concept of walking the line between voting people out and having them still like you. That's what Survivor was to me. The balance between the social dynamics and the strategy involved in progressing through the game. I loved how the strategy of the game built on itself. Once a season happened, it started to get emulated in the future seasons. People tweaked and adjusted, which then got tweaked and adjusted by more and more people. It was just the perfect self sustaining game.

At some point production decided the point of the game was TWISTS and BLINDSIDES instead of the character development and strategy that caused the TWISTS and BLINDSIDES to have meaning. So they focused on increasing the narrative on the former instead of the latter. We started having blindsides that had no impact because the person being blindsided spoke for 13 minutes in 7 episodes. We started having more and more twists and advantages that shaped the game instead of the social dynamics. It came to a head when we had so many advantage twists that someone - I cannot emphasize my disgust enough - was the only legal target at the final 6. It was no longer a show about what I loved.

I just have lost all my interest. It's sad because All Winners is an amazing concept but I know it won't be a showcase of awesome players navigating the social and strategic dynamics of Survivor. It'll be a bunch of awesome players trying to walk through a minefield of twists and advantages while having no focus on the social aspects of the game.

*Funnily enough my biggest take from Redemption Island being announced back in S21 was "Anyone that ever gets to the end after getting to talk to the jury outside of the stresses of the game is going to win in a landslide no matter what they did in the game or how long they played" which is why a few people I talked to back then made sure to contact me after the recent season ended.

48. ISO #48
    Timezone
    Community
    Personality Cafe/Dragonmount
    I did get my answer, hello sunbae! Guess who also plays final fantasy on Sargantas. DM if we are on the same server.
    What are your favorite hydra’s?
    Amy and I play mtg on cockatrice at times, feel free to join at some point.
    lutelikesleviathans: I know it's hard for you
    ??
    ??????????
    "I'm just going to $#@!." -Walrein 2017

~ Chocolate Insomnia~

49. ISO #49
    Timezone
    UTC-08:00
    Community
    2+2
    AKA
    AG

Whats you favorite FF villain?

Have you played the original X-com: UFO defense?

kinda a mix of a military base sim and turn based tactics.

50. ISO #50
    Timezone
    UTC-08:00
    Community
    2+2
    AKA
    AG
    you play baseball or are you a baseball math nerd?