Page 171 of 171 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171
Results 8,501 to 8,528 of 8528

Thread: Soda Mafia

  1. Bookmark ISO #8501
    Wants It More Litten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    5,872
    Community
    Throne Of Lies
    AKA
    FK, Firekitten
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Viggorous (#8497)
    Quote Originally Posted by Litten (#8452)
    I was FPSING saying something good happens if viggorous votes Wes
    I really don't understand why you did it tbh. You ask me to vote a person I wasn't interested in voting and then you lied about the benefits of doing it. If I had voted wes and then wolves kill me you would be default lynched. It was really high risk no reward play imo.
    There’s three ways this fails

    1.They have a strongman
    2.They rolecoped me and know I’m lying.
    3.Call my bluff and risk not killing you.

    3 was unlikely 1 I could of just said, you don’t question how you died with a vest and 2 could of happened but didn’t.

    I would of done it again tbh

  2. Bookmark ISO #8502
    GOAT Tier DoubtingThomas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    11,583
    Community
    WebDiplomacy
    Gender
    If you think it is truly detrimental to the game to the point you don't want to play with them, it is 100x better to talk to them about it in private or just ignore/don't play with them

    Why are you demanding someone be banned in a public $#@!ing place?

    As someone who almost had a very close friend quit mafia because of post-game flame, I think it's unfair for ANYONE to blame/$#@!talk a single person in a team game

    That's really unacceptable. Yeah, you can report them if you want -- but in PRIVATE

    Can you imagine you pouring your personal time and effort playing an EXTREMELY active game. You play terribly, and you may have been the biggest reason for your alignment's loss. Of course you $#@!ing feel bad. Then someone else AFTER the game comes in and starts calling for your ban. How terrible would that feel?

    The dude had 1244 $#@!ing posts. He cares about the $#@!ing game. He did not throw on purpose. Are we gonna punish poor play every single time it happens when it's not intentional?

    We play to have fun. It may sound ironic to you that this is coming from me but that's the goal. Of course, I can attest you that I can get emotional and I attack people and I make $#@!ty posts all the time, but I at least try to drop it post game, because everyone joined the game to have fun and we all share the same hobby.

    I get it, you poured your heart out to the game too and you care about the game too. It's understandable that you are upset and you want to talk about things post game. It's okay to criticize and flame that person too. But to me, calling for a ban on what is arguably not under the rules of conduct as a bannable offense in a public place just looks like you want to feel better about your loss by blaming it on another person.

    That dude you are blaming also cares about the game and is probably taking it harder than you.

    This is a team game. Take the loss as a team player. If you don't like losing because of another person player poorly, don't play a team game.

    Have a serious problem with them? We are civilized people ignore or resolve it in private please

  3. Bookmark ISO #8503
    Soul Reader Achromatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    1,820
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    GameFAQs
    AKA
    Sir Chris
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    Hi so I will comment some more of the game.

    I feel like a lot of town had what I call "macro play" issues and I don't know what MU's metas are so maybe these aren't so bad but I feel at certain points town stopped playing mafia grounded in facts and went off on adventures. Lost wolves, 3P, random role interactions, just a lot of really odd trains of thought. Now if someone wants to slam me for shooting Scare that's fine, but also please recognize that I have already done an AAR on my own thinking process, identified the mistakes I made in my logic and the factors that led me to suboptimal play and am willing to use that going forward.

    I have seen worse than what Duck did to be honest. I never thought to think he should be banned. He was silly and wrong and I am never letting anyone else blindly follow duck in a game I am again for awhile but he took a chance.

    I think town play is about fearlessness and prudence, which sounds like an odd mixture but I think a balance of both were needed this game.

    Shrug, bad games happen, this was a clunker, but if people who play poorly don't learn from their mistakes and swallow their pride to evaluate after the game is over then you stagnate and die.

  4. Bookmark ISO #8504
    Slaughter the Useless yogsloth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    California
    Posts
    6,229
    Community
    GOG.com
    Gender
    You know what's more annoying than people who complain?

    People who complain about people who complain.

    But people who complain about the people that complain about people complaining?

    They're okay.

  5. Bookmark ISO #8505
    GOAT Tier Viggorous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    around
    Posts
    14,954
    Community
    2+2 and PokerNet
    AKA
    VigGOAT
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Litten (#8501)
    Quote Originally Posted by Viggorous (#8497)
    Quote Originally Posted by Litten (#8452)
    I was FPSING saying something good happens if viggorous votes Wes
    I really don't understand why you did it tbh. You ask me to vote a person I wasn't interested in voting and then you lied about the benefits of doing it. If I had voted wes and then wolves kill me you would be default lynched. It was really high risk no reward play imo.
    There’s three ways this fails

    1.They have a strongman
    2.They rolecoped me and know I’m lying.
    3.Call my bluff and risk not killing you.

    3 was unlikely 1 I could of just said, you don’t question how you died with a vest and 2 could of happened but didn’t.

    I would of done it again tbh
    No because your entire premise is that I will just buy into it and trust you. It is not the play, unless you do it with someone who's comfortably reading you V and not onto someone they themselves read V, so that it actually happens. It can definitely work as fps but because of how I felt about you in the game, it was doomed to just sow mistrust.

    You're marginalising what it takes to get someone to do it, and yeah obviously you were telling the truth, but I had no reason to believe what you were saying and it was eerie because you asked me to vote a person I had been defending on day 1

  6. Bookmark ISO #8506
    Wants It More Litten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    5,872
    Community
    Throne Of Lies
    AKA
    FK, Firekitten
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Viggorous (#8505)
    Quote Originally Posted by Litten (#8501)
    Quote Originally Posted by Viggorous (#8497)
    Quote Originally Posted by Litten (#8452)
    I was FPSING saying something good happens if viggorous votes Wes
    I really don't understand why you did it tbh. You ask me to vote a person I wasn't interested in voting and then you lied about the benefits of doing it. If I had voted wes and then wolves kill me you would be default lynched. It was really high risk no reward play imo.
    There’s three ways this fails

    1.They have a strongman
    2.They rolecoped me and know I’m lying.
    3.Call my bluff and risk not killing you.

    3 was unlikely 1 I could of just said, you don’t question how you died with a vest and 2 could of happened but didn’t.

    I would of done it again tbh
    No because your entire premise is that I will just buy into it and trust you. It is not the play, unless you do it with someone who's comfortably reading you V and not onto someone they themselves read V, so that it actually happens. It can definitely work as fps but because of how I felt about you in the game, it was doomed to just sow mistrust.

    You're marginalising what it takes to get someone to do it, and yeah obviously you were telling the truth, but I had no reason to believe what you were saying and it was eerie because you asked me to vote a person I had been defending on day 1
    It was that or to do some FPS with some of my scumreads such as.

    1.Telling then to vote their top town and something good happens. Granted this wasn’t the one I wanted to take as it’s kind of like you voting Wes.

    2.Telling a scumread to vote someone under the threat they die if not, granted it could help get some vote power on a scumread of mine even though they may not want to vote their partner but this could also backfire

    guess I just choose the wrong person for you to vote :/

  7. Bookmark ISO #8507
    GOAT Tier Viggorous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    around
    Posts
    14,954
    Community
    2+2 and PokerNet
    AKA
    VigGOAT
    Gender
    Dt I feel like you're blowing things waaay out of proportions. People can criticise him and suggest he be banned, so what? Obviously he shouldn't be banned but people are allowed to voice their criticism.

    Who gives a $#@! about whoevers personal time? Nobody is question duck's effort or criticising his WIM, thst is completely different matter. But you make it sound like people owe duck something just because of his effort even though he played for himself. People owe him nothing and can be frustrated no matter his effort, and with right.

    You say it yourself, we play for fun, so why can't people be annoyed iyo if they feel like someone plays egotistical and ruins fun for them? Nobody should be banned and no actions should be taken, people can choose to play the game with him another time (I know I will, I didn't mind him) or they can leave it be. But people have a right to say what they feel about the game or a certain player. It's only fair. We are (most, anyways) somewhat grown human beings talking to strangers in an online game. Nobody deserves to be namecalled or $#@! on, but if you can't handle being criticised or thst people get mad at you, your time is better spent playing minesweeper.

    We can easily agree calling for a ban is reactionary and ridiculous, but opinions are allowed even if it isn't all rainbows and chocolate cookies.

    And I'm just gonna reiterate what I said before: I have absolutely no problem with what duck did this game, I wouldn't think twice about signing up to a game with him in the future. Yeah he was annoying but I feel like >80% of people during games are annoyingm

  8. Bookmark ISO #8508
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubtingThomas (#8502)
    If you think it is truly detrimental to the game to the point you don't want to play with them, it is 100x better to talk to them about it in private or just ignore/don't play with them

    Why are you demanding someone be banned in a public $#@!ing place?

    As someone who almost had a very close friend quit mafia because of post-game flame, I think it's unfair for ANYONE to blame/$#@!talk a single person in a team game

    That's really unacceptable. Yeah, you can report them if you want -- but in PRIVATE

    Can you imagine you pouring your personal time and effort playing an EXTREMELY active game. You play terribly, and you may have been the biggest reason for your alignment's loss. Of course you $#@!ing feel bad. Then someone else AFTER the game comes in and starts calling for your ban. How terrible would that feel?

    The dude had 1244 $#@!ing posts. He cares about the $#@!ing game. He did not throw on purpose. Are we gonna punish poor play every single time it happens when it's not intentional?

    We play to have fun. It may sound ironic to you that this is coming from me but that's the goal. Of course, I can attest you that I can get emotional and I attack people and I make $#@!ty posts all the time, but I at least try to drop it post game, because everyone joined the game to have fun and we all share the same hobby.

    I get it, you poured your heart out to the game too and you care about the game too. It's understandable that you are upset and you want to talk about things post game. It's okay to criticize and flame that person too. But to me, calling for a ban on what is arguably not under the rules of conduct as a bannable offense in a public place just looks like you want to feel better about your loss by blaming it on another person.

    That dude you are blaming also cares about the game and is probably taking it harder than you.

    This is a team game. Take the loss as a team player. If you don't like losing because of another person player poorly, don't play a team game.

    Have a serious problem with them? We are civilized people ignore or resolve it in private please
    not intentional


  9. Bookmark ISO #8509
    GOAT Tier Viggorous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    around
    Posts
    14,954
    Community
    2+2 and PokerNet
    AKA
    VigGOAT
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Litten (#8506)
    Quote Originally Posted by Viggorous (#8505)
    Quote Originally Posted by Litten (#8501)
    Quote Originally Posted by Viggorous (#8497)
    I really don't understand why you did it tbh. You ask me to vote a person I wasn't interested in voting and then you lied about the benefits of doing it. If I had voted wes and then wolves kill me you would be default lynched. It was really high risk no reward play imo.
    There’s three ways this fails

    1.They have a strongman
    2.They rolecoped me and know I’m lying.
    3.Call my bluff and risk not killing you.

    3 was unlikely 1 I could of just said, you don’t question how you died with a vest and 2 could of happened but didn’t.

    I would of done it again tbh
    No because your entire premise is that I will just buy into it and trust you. It is not the play, unless you do it with someone who's comfortably reading you V and not onto someone they themselves read V, so that it actually happens. It can definitely work as fps but because of how I felt about you in the game, it was doomed to just sow mistrust.

    You're marginalising what it takes to get someone to do it, and yeah obviously you were telling the truth, but I had no reason to believe what you were saying and it was eerie because you asked me to vote a person I had been defending on day 1
    It was that or to do some FPS with some of my scumreads such as.

    1.Telling then to vote their top town and something good happens. Granted this wasn’t the one I wanted to take as it’s kind of like you voting Wes.

    2.Telling a scumread to vote someone under the threat they die if not, granted it could help get some vote power on a scumread of mine even though they may not want to vote their partner but this could also backfire

    guess I just choose the wrong person for you to vote :/
    Well you couldn't know how bad I was

  10. Bookmark ISO #8510
    The Boy Who Cried Wolf

    There once was a shepherd boy who was bored as he sat on the hillside watching the village sheep. To amuse himself he took a great breath and sang out, "Wolf! Wolf! The Wolf is chasing the sheep!"

    The villagers came running up the hill to help the boy drive the wolf away. But when they arrived at the top of the hill, they found no wolf. The boy laughed at the sight of their angry faces.

    "Don't cry 'wolf', shepherd boy," said the villagers, "when there's no wolf!" They went grumbling back down the hill.

    Later, the boy sang out again, "Wolf! Wolf! The wolf is chasing the sheep!" To his naughty delight, he watched the villagers run up the hill to help him drive the wolf away.

    When the villagers saw no wolf they sternly said, "Save your frightened song for when there is really something wrong! Don't cry 'wolf' when there is NO wolf!"

    But the boy just grinned and watched them go grumbling down the hill once more.

    Later, he saw a REAL wolf prowling about his flock. Alarmed, he leaped to his feet and sang out as loudly as he could, "Wolf! Wolf!"

    But the villagers thought he was trying to fool them again, and so they didn't come.

    At sunset, everyone wondered why the shepherd boy hadn't returned to the village with their sheep. They went up the hill to find the boy. They found him weeping.

    "There really was a wolf here! The flock has scattered! I cried out, "Wolf!" Why didn't you come?"

    An old man tried to comfort the boy as they walked back to the village.

    "We'll help you look for the lost sheep in the morning," he said, putting his arm around the youth, "Nobody believes a liar...even when he is telling the truth!"

  11. Bookmark ISO #8511
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    2,723
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    Daily Mafia
    AKA
    Rich
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    In a non-bastard game, if a player is claiming a red peek on another player and not rescinding it before the day ends, town should be able to assume there's a wolf between those 2 players.

    It's crazy to me what PLZLEAVEDUCK did is tolerated on MU, it kinda leaves a sour taste in my mouth about this site.

  12. Bookmark ISO #8512
    Wants It More Chemist1422's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    7,748
    Community
    ToS
    AKA
    Chem, Mist, Roxas, Wind
    Gender
    Believe it or not FPSing a red check is completely legal

    If a wolf had been lynched due to that you would have been praising the play

  13. Bookmark ISO #8513
    Season 4 Champion Dels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    12,186
    Community
    Gamefaqs
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Parente (#8511)
    In a non-bastard game, if a player is claiming a red peek on another player and not rescinding it before the day ends, town should be able to assume there's a wolf between those 2 players.

    It's crazy to me what PLZLEAVEDUCK did is tolerated on MU, it kinda leaves a sour taste in my mouth about this site.
    how do you moderate bad play?

  14. Bookmark ISO #8514
    Even though Duck's fake peek pissed a bunch of people because he felt it in his beak that Riki is mafia, there were 2 other hubba bubba gambits that screwed town over

    Achro and his wrong feels on Scare not interacting with him

    Cron and his secret 'gucci' code that he perceived in Wes

    so we have 3 unnecessary pushes + town having in general bad reads = there's not a specific person to blame, each town member shares a portion


    To me personally, annulus was GOAT many time, earlier and mid-game, then later Litten rose a bit, but annulus was the closest in getting to smell some wolves.

  15. Bookmark ISO #8515
    Season 4 Champion Dels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    12,186
    Community
    Gamefaqs
    Gender
    i mean litten named the entire team

  16. Bookmark ISO #8516
    Wants It More Litten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    5,872
    Community
    Throne Of Lies
    AKA
    FK, Firekitten
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Dels (#8515)
    i mean litten named the entire team
    doesn’t really matter much since it doesn’t mean much naming them compared to hanging them :/

  17. Bookmark ISO #8517
    GOAT Tier Grant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    11,225
    Timezone
    UTC-08:00
    Community
    POG
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Litten (#8501)
    There’s three ways this fails

    1.They have a strongman
    2.They rolecoped me and know I’m lying.
    3.Call my bluff and risk not killing you.

    3 was unlikely 1 I could of just said, you don’t question how you died with a vest and 2 could of happened but didn’t.

    I would of done it again tbh
    FWIW there was literally no consideration given to anything you said in regards to Viggo's NK.

    Cron + Viggo were the SPK options. I proposed Cron (because killing vested Viggo was suspicious). Monte wanted Viggo and believed any suspicion about his vest would be manageable.

  18. Bookmark ISO #8518
    Wants It More Litten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    5,872
    Community
    Throne Of Lies
    AKA
    FK, Firekitten
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant (#8517)
    Quote Originally Posted by Litten (#8501)
    There’s three ways this fails

    1.They have a strongman
    2.They rolecoped me and know I’m lying.
    3.Call my bluff and risk not killing you.

    3 was unlikely 1 I could of just said, you don’t question how you died with a vest and 2 could of happened but didn’t.

    I would of done it again tbh
    FWIW there was literally no consideration given to anything you said in regards to Viggo's NK.

    Cron + Viggo were the SPK options. I proposed Cron (because killing vested Viggo was suspicious). Monte wanted Viggo and believed any suspicion about his vest would be manageable.
    It’s because they had a vest on them that could basically strongman my “heal anyway” plus they never voted my target anyway

    or did you just not care about my role

  19. Bookmark ISO #8519
    GOAT Tier Grant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    11,225
    Timezone
    UTC-08:00
    Community
    POG
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Litten (#8493)
    There’s a problem with this, is when he actually has mechanical evidence but no one listens. I think it’s more of a player problem that they themselves need to work on, people shouldn’t have to warn anyone about him pregame tbh. Imagine actually being a cop with a red check but being known as the boy who cried wolf
    Ya I was just trying to be facetious.

    This site would be pretty boring and lame if every single player was playing the same perfect game.

  20. Bookmark ISO #8520
    GOAT Tier Grant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    11,225
    Timezone
    UTC-08:00
    Community
    POG
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Litten (#8518)
    or did you just not care about my role
    that

  21. Bookmark ISO #8521
    Wants It More Litten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    5,872
    Community
    Throne Of Lies
    AKA
    FK, Firekitten
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant (#8520)
    Quote Originally Posted by Litten (#8518)
    or did you just not care about my role
    that
    sad times

  22. Bookmark ISO #8522
    Soul Reader Stepifan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    asia
    Posts
    1,410
    Timezone
    UTC+07:00
    AKA
    Step
    Gender
    Wait we won?

  23. Bookmark ISO #8523
    Season 4 Champion Dels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    12,186
    Community
    Gamefaqs
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Stepifan (#8522)
    Wait we won?
    don't act so surprised

  24. Bookmark ISO #8524
    Soul Reader Stepifan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    asia
    Posts
    1,410
    Timezone
    UTC+07:00
    AKA
    Step
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Dels (#8523)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stepifan (#8522)
    Wait we won?
    don't act so surprised
    I was having one of the $#@!iest time in MU and we won?

  25. Bookmark ISO #8525
    Season 4 Champion Dels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    12,186
    Community
    Gamefaqs
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Stepifan (#8524)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dels (#8523)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stepifan (#8522)
    Wait we won?
    don't act so surprised
    I was having one of the $#@!iest time in MU and we won?
    if by $#@!tiest time you mean wolves were controlling the game from day 1 with no chance of losing then... yes...?

  26. Bookmark ISO #8526
    Soul Reader Stepifan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    asia
    Posts
    1,410
    Timezone
    UTC+07:00
    AKA
    Step
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Dels (#8525)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stepifan (#8524)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dels (#8523)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stepifan (#8522)
    Wait we won?
    don't act so surprised
    I was having one of the $#@!iest time in MU and we won?
    if by $#@!tiest time you mean wolves were controlling the game from day 1 with no chance of losing then... yes...?
    so its just me who was doing bad...

  27. Bookmark ISO #8527
    GOAT Tier Viggorous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    around
    Posts
    14,954
    Community
    2+2 and PokerNet
    AKA
    VigGOAT
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Stepifan (#8526)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dels (#8525)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stepifan (#8524)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dels (#8523)
    don't act so surprised
    I was having one of the $#@!iest time in MU and we won?
    if by $#@!tiest time you mean wolves were controlling the game from day 1 with no chance of losing then... yes...?
    so its just me who was doing bad...
    You didn't do bad though. Yeah yeah you made a mistake at eod2 but u lived several days and spewed no bros and pretty much no villagers either. You played a good game, tbh, without the good Vig shot you likely don't die at all.

  28. Bookmark ISO #8528
    Season 4 Champion Dels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    12,186
    Community
    Gamefaqs
    Gender
    yeah, not every game can be a sweep, wolves die sometimes, hell it could just be that town got lucky. even if they lynched totally at random, they'd be bound to kill one wolf eventually just by chance. being a wolf who dies doesn't mean you necessarily played worse than the ones who lived.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Keyboard Shortcuts

about us
Mafia Universe is a community hub for people who enjoy playing the forum variant of Mafia (also known as Werewolf). We offer fully automated Mafia games and a wide variety of customized features crafted to optimize your game experience. We also proudly host the Internet's only database of Mafia/Werewolf communities.

We hope you stick around!
Role of the Day
Wildcard

The Wildcard may target someone each night and use a random power on them still left in the game, randomly selected from any other power role in the game. If there are no other power roles left in the game, then the Wildcard's action does nothing.