x1 Alignment Cop w/ n0 random town check
    x1 Doctor
    x1 Vigilante
    x13 Vanilla Townies

Mafia (5)
    x1 Roleblocker
    x1 Role Cop
    x3 Mafia Goons

Hosted By: ModBot v2.0 w/ the Assistance of @Stork..
    Start Date: Friday, May 6 (or we can start it right away if it fills up quickly, if people prefer that)
    SOD/EOD: 8:00 AM EST SOD/8:00 PM EST EOD
    Phase Lengths: 36/12, continuous.
    Mechanics: Deadline lynch w/ majority option after Day 1, in the case of a tie the lynch will be randomized, no lynch is a valid vote.
    Night Chat: Not allowed, the thread is closed during night phases.
    Out of Thread Communication: Not allowed under any circumstances, unless you're provided with a private thread allowing for outside communication. This will be detailed in your Role PM.

POST RESTRICTION GAME:

This is a post restriction game, meaning that players must make a minimum of 2 posts per game day.

As for the maximum, there will be a soft cap of 25 posts and a hard cap of 35 posts. If you make more than 25 posts, you will receive a warning. If you make more than 25 posts a second time, you will be modkilled. For violating the hard cap, you receive no warning -- the first time you make more than 35 posts, you will be modkilled.

This restriction will be lifted 1 hour before the end of each day phase. I.e. any posts made in the hour leading up to the EOD will not count towards either the soft or hard cap.

PARTTY PEOPLE:
    1) @Spaceman Spiff
    2) @the-middle-of-the-line
    3) @JTMjasonC
    4) @Onuzq
    5) @Moliere
    6) @fontisian
    7) @Leyva45
    8) @Mantichora
    9) @Player Z
    10) @27ninjabunnies
    11) @lute
    12) @Zack
    13) @DaveDob
    14) @sanari
    15) @Ymirr
    16) @Xine
    17) @Killthestory
    18) @Jon Paul
    19) @Sooh
    20) @TehBankertin
    21) @Swordsworth

SUBS:
    1) @champ2947
    2) @Jan
    3) @Soneji
    4) @Adam
    5) @hand

GRAVEYARD/SPECTATORS
    1) @Alette
    2) @NostalGia
    3) @SarasaKat
    Last edited by Thingyman; May 23rd, 2016 at 01:55 AM.

2. Bookmark ISO #2

Instructions to fit in, have everybody like you, and always be happy:
    • Only post/talk about the game in this thread. Don't PM other players, unless your role PM allows this. Also, don't post anything about the game in other threads or on other forums.
    • Don't try to use the form of your role PM. So a screenshot of your role PM would be cheating.
    • When the thread is open and the Mafia Host has announced the start of the day phase you can post in it. But only as long as you are a live player. No deadposting, please.
    • Breadcrumbing is allowed. Secret codes requiring keys or anything resembling that is NOT allowed.
    • This is a game of lying. Players are expected to lie. No statement or promise a player makes within the game has any force outside the game. As an example, a bet offered in a game is not something you can collect if you win.
    • If we believe you to bending the rules intentionally in a way that clearly goes against the spirit of the rules and the game, then that would also be grounds for modkill. Do not try to get fancy or angly with the rules, please. An example would include trying to blame the ModBot for a supposed error in order to make a claim of yours more believable.
    • If you have any questions about rules, send a PM to this account. I'd be happy to help. You should not be asking the Game Host questions in the thread and neither should you ever refer to private communications with the mod.
    • If you should ever require a sub, PM the mod and stop posting in the thread.
    • No hydra'ing / multi-accounting is allowed. Do not share your account with anyone else.
    • Treat your fellow players with respect. Hostility will not be tolerated.

I will repeat this particular rule once more in big letters to make sure you understand:

DO NOT EVER REFERENCE THIS GAME OUTSIDE OF THIS GAME THREAD. I.E. YOU SHOULD NOT BE TALKING ABOUT THIS GAME WHATSOEVER ANYWHERE OUTSIDE THE THREAD. IF PEOPLE ASK YOU QUESTIONS, TELL THEM YOU CAN'T TALK ABOUT THE GAME AND LINK THEM TO THIS THREAD.

On Mafia Universe, we have many custom features that makes the experience of playing mafia smoother. We have even updated the ModBot in anticipation for this season, making it possible to run these games via the use of a completely automated ModBot.

Read more about how to use the MU features here:
    VOTING BBCODES
    Our forum votes for someone by using the vote tags: [V]Thingyman[/V]. Preview:

##Vote Thingyman

Make sure that you spell out the full, correct name. Abbreviations or misspelled names will not be registered by the Modbot.

To unvote, use the tags: [UNV][/UNV] . When unvoting you do not need to enter the name of the person that you are unvoting. Preview:

##Unvote

VOTING BUTTONS
    You can quickly vote for someone by clicking on the box with a checkmark icon, which will bring up an alphabetized dropdown containing the names of living players:

This will insert [V][/V] tags with the name of the player you selected in the dropdown, perfect every time.

Click the empty checkbox button to insert [UNV][/UNV].

SUBMITTING NIGHT ACTIONS
    If you are mafia or a cop, you need to submit an action each night.

Simply do this by scrolling to the bottom of the game thread. Here you will find a night action form like this:

Click the dropdown and select the player whom you wish to use your night action on. You can change it as many times as you wish before the deadline expires.

CALLING UP A VOTECOUNT
    Votecounts will appear automatically at various intervals, but you can also call up votecounts yourself by following these steps:

First, you need to apply to join "Mafia Game Hosts" under Permission Groups.

Second, once your request has been approved, you will be able to call up votecounts by simply pushing the "Post Votecount" button in the top right corner of any game thread that you'd like an updated votecount for.

ISOLATING A PLAYERS POSTS
    If you wish to read a players posts in isolation, simply click on ISO in the top right corner of one of that players posts in the relevant thread as illustrated here:

Alternatively, you can access a players posts in isolation by clicking on the number next to Replies: in the forum lobby.

Doing so will pull up a window listing the post counts for everyone who has posted in that thread. You access someones posts in isolation by simply clicking on the number next to Posts: for that person.

The ISO view itself has Quote and Multi-Quote buttons inside it, which will make it very easy to quickly quote a lot of a player's posts for analysis or commentary:

MULTI-QUOTING WHILE THREAD IS LOCKED

Note that you can multi-quote posts from even locked game threads. This is useful for when you wish to reread the game and do work during night phases.

After quoting the relevant posts, you simply open a different, opened thread and press "Go Advanced". Then add the quotes to your post by clicking the prompt below the post area as shown here:

Now, of course you can't post your work in the game thread while the thread is locked, but you can copy paste and save your work to a local file or the cloud and have it ready to post the very next day phase (if you're still alive, that is).

BOOKMARKS
    Whenever you open a game thread, you are able to bookmark posts. This is for many players an important tool for keeping track of and remembering vital pieces of information, reads, claims etc.

Also, note that these bookmarks are saved to your user account, meaning that it eliminates the trouble associated with keeping notes between different computers/devices.

If you want to bookmark a post, you simply scroll to the post that you want to bookmark and press "Set Bookmark" as shown here:

This will call up 5 different colored icons (Blue, Red, Yellow, Green, and Black) on the right side of the post in question. You can click any of these icons, which will then prompt you to include a note for the post.

If you don't want to include a note, you don't have to - just leave it blank. The color coding in itself can be a valuable tool. Maybe you want to use Red bookmarks for posts that you find suspicious, Green bookmarks for posts that you find townie, Black bookmarks for posts containing claims, or whatever system you can think of that will be helpful to you.

Once this is done, you have now successfully bookmarked a post with a certain color and maybe even a note. If you wish to remove the bookmark again, click on "Unset Bookmark".

How do I access bookmarks?

There are two ways to access your bookmarks.

1) Inside a game thread, you can access the bookmarks for that specific game by simply clicking on "Access Bookmarks" on any post as shown here:

This will bring you to a separate page that is automatically filtered to only show bookmarks from the game thread that you accessed the page from.

2) You can also access your bookmarks by going to Features in the site's top menu:

This will bring you to a page where no bookmarks are shown by default. However, you have several filtering options.

You can filter by Game, by Player and by Color - and all of them at once if you so wish.

Here's an example of filtering by only red bookmarks in one specific game:

If you want to be taken directly to one of your bookmarked posts, you just click the post number.

How do I quote bookmarks?

You can also multi-quote bookmarked posts by clicking the little "+" button seen above on the far right side of each bookmark.

Once you have multi-quoted all the bookmarked posts that you want to quote, you will then have to go to the game thread in which you wish to quote the bookmarked posts.

Here you have two ways of quoting the posts.

1) Click on "Reply With Quote" on another post as shown here:

You will then probably want to delete the last post quoted in the reply box, but otherwise you should be good to go.

2) Or you can do the more smooth option and click the "Reply To Thread" button at the top and bottom of the game thread - as shown here:

By doing this you will open up a reply box containing only your multi-quoted bookmarked posts.

3. Bookmark ISO #3
    Geordie Shore: Game Start!

This is an automated game of Mafia.

Setup - 21 Players

x3 Mafia Goon
    x1 Mafia Role Cop
    x1 Mafia Roleblocker
    x13 Vanilla Town
    x1 Town Vigilante
    x1 Town Alignment Cop
    x1 Town Doctor
    • Majority is not in effect.
    • Town wins when all threats to Town have been eliminated.
    • Mafia win when they achieve Parity at any time.
    • No Lynching is enabled. Vote for No Lynch to forgo a lynch that Day.
    • Mafia kills are not assigned. They cannot be tracked, watched, or roleblocked.
    • Cops get n0 peeks.
    • Mafia may communicate at any time.
    • If the lynch vote ends in a tie, then a player will be lynched at random from among the tied players.

Phase Lengths

Days are 36 hours in length. Nights are 12 hours in length.

Players

@27ninjabunnies
    @DaveDob
    @JTMjasonC
    @Jon Paul
    @Killthestory
    @Leyva45
    @Mantichora
    @Moliere
    @Onuzq
    @Player Z
    @Sooh
    @Spaceman Spiff
    @Swordsworth
    @TehBankertin
    @Xine
    @Ymirr
    @Zack
    @fontisian
    @lute
    @sanari
    @the-middle-of-the-line

4. Bookmark ISO #4
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    Geordie Shore Day 1 Start

Day 1 has begun.

IT IS DAY!

YOU MAY POST!

Moderator Note:

Because this game started on a Friday, Day 1 has been extended to Sunday (60 Hours)

For this reason, no one will receive a warning for posting above the soft post cap (25 posts) on this game day only.

THE HARD CAP (35 posts) AND ASSOCIATED PUNISHMENT, AS WELL AS ALL ELSE PERTAINING TO THE POST RESTRICTIONS ARE STILL IN EFFECT.

Any queries or questions should be directed to either @Stork.. or @Stork , I will not answer any questions asked in the thread.

Day 1 ends at 8:00 PM EDT on Sunday, May 8th, 2016. There are 1462752060000 remaining.
    Last edited by Stork; May 6th, 2016 at 08:16 AM.

5. Bookmark ISO #5
    Timezone
    UTC+01:00
    Community
    Dragonmount
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Hi everyone! Looking forward to having some fun this game.

I don't know very many of you, so it should be interesting

6. Bookmark ISO #6
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    Geordie Shore Day 1 Votecount

Votes Target Voters (Posts in Phase)
    21 Not voting Xine (0), Ymirr (0), sanari (0), DaveDob (0), Killthestory (0), Jon Paul (0), Swordsworth (0), TehBankertin (0), Sooh (1), Zack (0), lute (0), Moliere (0), Onuzq (0), JTMjasonC (0), the-middle-of-the-line (0), fontisian (0), Leyva45 (0), 27ninjabunnies (0), Player Z (0), Mantichora (0), Spaceman Spiff (0)

View Vote History

Day 1 ends at 8:00 PM EDT on Sunday, May 8th, 2016. There are 1462752060000 remaining.

Requested by Stork.. at 2 days, 11 hours, 51 minutes, 25 seconds remaining.

7. Bookmark ISO #7
    Community
    Dailymafia

NOTICE

Dear wonderful citizens of my kingdom,

It has come to my attention we have traitors among us. Last night, one of my bunnies was found murdered in her sleeping chamber! This cannot be allowed!

There have been spottings of suspicious persons amongst our beautiful town.

The descriptions are as followed.

• Dumb
    • tan
    • Australian
    • Related to Stork

If any of you have any information on their whereabouts, please do come forward and you shall be rewarded properly.

Refuse: and the consequences will be dire.

Your queen,

The hero town needs but does not want.

Bunnies

And let the $#@!posting commence.

8. Bookmark ISO #8
    Community
    Jesus Toast Mafia
    Good morning! Yes, a lot of new names for me too. Post cap is interesting. This will be challengingly fun. Each post will have to be fruitful.

The players that I'm familiar with (either through playing with them or readings games where I recognize the name) are fontisian, TehBankertin, the-middle-of-the-line, 27ninjabunnies, Mantichora, Onuzq, and Zack.

I am boldly suggesting that each of us do the same - that is, to name who you may or may not have meta information on - as a starting point.

Also, FYI - I will be pretty much a no-show for each EoD as that time does not work for me.

9. Bookmark ISO #9
    Fair enough DaveDob's Avatar Discord Moderator
    Community
    DailyMafia/MiniMafia/MU/SMAS

First fourm game but I have played games on video with 27ninjabunnies, fontisain, TehBankertain, Onuzq, Jon Paul and the-middle-of-the-line. Should be an ideal interesting cause post counts really don't matter soI guess finding scum will need to happen. In different ways.

Slight town lean on 27ninjabunnies to start. Intro felt towny but it could be faked as mafia. JTM wanting to do that thing about metas is also kinda towny but not enough to be anything more than a slight town lean.

10. Bookmark ISO #10
    Community
    Town Of Salem
    Hello. Because of the post restriction, I'm going to make longer posts than I do in most games. That doesn't mean just walls, much of my usual posts are just a sentence or two and in this game my posts should probably be a paragraph or two usually.

In rough order of most familiar to least familiar, I know Swordsworth, Leyva45, Mantichora, Killthestory, Zack, and 27ninjabumnoes.

##Vote Swordsworth

Buddying me by being at the top of my list.

11. Bookmark ISO #11
    Timezone
    UTC-06:00
    Community
    EpicMafia/DailyMafia
    AKA
    Onuzq
    So almost 1/3 of this game is DM players. That's nice to have as an advantage.

For those who want to know the DM list:
    Bunnies
    DaveDob
    Jon Paul
    Banks
    Fonti
    Myself

People I've played with on 2+2 mash games:
    JTM

I don't think anyone else I've met before.

For unrelated note: lol stork claims to be DM but never plays Kappa

12. Bookmark ISO #12
    Community
    Daily Mafia/ Banks is always Mafia
    Quote Originally Posted by Onuzq View Post

Couldn't agree with this sentiment more.....

I know some people, Banks, would like to live in the imaginary world where that isn't the situation. But it is and is a very defining characteristic of this entity known as stork.

Bunnies is locked town, I'm not voting on her the whole game.

I think we should envoke the DM alliance, and rando lynch one of these people that aren't part of our clique. Thats how you are suppose to use your social circle right? To strong arm people into doing what you want.

Mean DMer Girls, coming to a theatre near you.

I'm Town btw.

Captain America Civil war is amazing and if you haven't seen it, you need to go out and see it today.

Antman totally steals the climatic battle.

Antman is my favorite.

Dave dob, Jaleb likely town.

JTMasons post felt super mafia.

I'm down for CFD Banks Today/Sunday.

I'm probably going to spend my next 24 posts posting LoLPoPS!!! of my collection.

Anybody mafia reading my behavior today is claiming mafia, btw.

13. Bookmark ISO #13
    Timezone
    UTC-08:00
    Community
    Crown
    Hi there everybody, here's to a great game! I'm afraid I'm a little busy IRL over the next few days, but I'll pick up the pace tomorrow in game.

14. Bookmark ISO #14
    Community
    Town Of Salem

Bunnies
    DaveDob
    Jon Paul
    Banks
    Fonti
    Myself

JTM

Well, us town of Salem forumers are almost 1/4th of the game, the four people on the top of my list plus me are from there.

As for reads, only post that isn't null for me is 27ninjabunnies's post, which I think is town.

@Jon can you explain your read on JTMasons?

15. Bookmark ISO #15
    Timezone
    UTC+01:00
    Community
    Dragonmount
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    I'm prolly alone as a DM-er (Dragonmount) unless somebody has changed their names. The names I recognize that I know a little bit are Zack, Banks and Fonti, but not well enough to really know any solid meta.

This post restriction thing is new to me, and while I'm never a top poster in my games I have trended upwards lately and know I have to watch out this time around.

16. Bookmark ISO #16
    Community
    Mafiascum

Bunnies
    DaveDob
    Jon Paul
    Banks
    Fonti
    Myself

JTM

Well, I have not played with any of you. Everyone is a stranger, but that does not hinder my ability to find scum.

17. Bookmark ISO #17
    Mantichora's Avatar Game Manager
    Community
    MiniMafia

##Vote Sooh
    First poster is always scum. Zackie boi is town k e k.

As a high-volume, low content poster, this is probably the worst game I could have joined. YOLO b o i s

18. Bookmark ISO #18
    Community
    Just going to give a coule of thoughts on the people posting after me.

Ymirr's opener felt kinda mafia. Having to explain that you would be doin gwalls of text is what I thought would kinda be assumed in this kind of game. Then puts out what seems like a troll vote and it seemed odd that he only questioned the mafia read on JMT by JonPaul. Slight mafia.
    Onuzq post didn't seem to mean anything to his alighnment so JonPaul having a town read on him is weird. Probably JonPaul town siding as mafia but you can never be to sure.
    Wonder if Sanari actually has anyreads on the opening few statements since he seems to be hunting for scum. Want to hear what you have if anything has stood out so far.
    Sooh's first two post mean nothing to me and could go either way.

19. Bookmark ISO #19
    Timezone
    UTC-04:00
    Community
    PerC/The Syndicate/MU
    AKA
    Lenore
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself

Because I only have 25 posts to make a splash on this here shanty town, I am going to promise you quality with every single post.

Therefore, my first post is going to be an analysis of every post that has taken place already.

Thank goodness, it seems that the game has just started.

So yes, I will be treating you guys to ISOs (crap, gotta pee but I think I can hold it in just to finish this post).

Posts so far (not much to see, but I think I should analyze it anyway otherwise this post will be a waste (I am seeing #18, Dave Dob's post, as the last post before I submit this).
    Mantichora:

So, he did this last time as scum and as town (the protect me part). That's completely null.

This joke voting thing seems scummy to me. I actually have Manti as a scum lean (just from that one turbo when we were scum buddies together, I think I have an okay idea of his play).

I think the sentence that I've underlined is probably the towniest part of this post.

YOLO b o i s makes me kind of uncomfortable because I don't think he's that flippant as town.

Scum lean.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantichora (#17)
    PROTECT ME FOR A FREE WIN~

##Vote Sooh

As a high-volume, low content poster, this is probably the worst game I could have joined. YOLO b o i s

tl;dr

I have a few town leans and a few scum leans, mostly nulls. Would have to look into more progression of thought processes to find out a solid read.

Going to actually go pee now yay.

20. Bookmark ISO #20
    Timezone
    Community
    PerC/The Syndicate/MU
    AKA
    Lenore
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post

Quote Originally Posted by DaveDob View Post
    Good morning friends and foes alike.

First fourm game but I have played games on video with 27ninjabunnies, fontisain, TehBankertain, Onuzq, Jon Paul and the-middle-of-the-line. Should be an ideal interesting cause post counts really don't matter soI guess finding scum will need to happen. In different ways.

Slight town lean on 27ninjabunnies to start. Intro felt towny but it could be faked as mafia. JTM wanting to do that thing about metas is also kinda towny but not enough to be anything more than a slight town lean.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ymirr View Post
    Hello. Because of the post restriction, I'm going to make longer posts than I do in most games. That doesn't mean just walls, much of my usual posts are just a sentence or two and in this game my posts should probably be a paragraph or two usually.

In rough order of most familiar to least familiar, I know Swordsworth, Leyva45, Mantichora, Killthestory, Zack, and 27ninjabumnoes.

##Vote Swordsworth

Quote Originally Posted by the-middle-of-the-line (#19)
    Okay, every bunny and toast:

Because I only have 25 posts to make a splash on this here shanty town, I am going to promise you quality with every single post.

Therefore, my first post is going to be an analysis of every post that has taken place already.

Thank goodness, it seems that the game has just started.

So yes, I will be treating you guys to ISOs (crap, gotta pee but I think I can hold it in just to finish this post).

Posts so far (not much to see, but I think I should analyze it anyway otherwise this post will be a waste (I am seeing #18, Dave Dob's post, as the last post before I submit this).
    Mantichora:

So, he did this last time as scum and as town (the protect me part). That's completely null.

This joke voting thing seems scummy to me. I actually have Manti as a scum lean (just from that one turbo when we were scum buddies together, I think I have an okay idea of his play).

I think the sentence that I've underlined is probably the towniest part of this post.

YOLO b o i s makes me kind of uncomfortable because I don't think he's that flippant as town.

Scum lean.

##Vote Sooh

tl;dr

I have a few town leans and a few scum leans, mostly nulls. Would have to look into more progression of thought processes to find out a solid read.

Going to actually go pee now yay.
    frick

I didn't insert the second part in

Sooh:
    Kind of null opening. I can't really glean anything from this, but hey, Sooh, I play on Dragonmount too. This is wish-tree.

The only weird thing I will note for later is the blue bolded part. I don't know if this is an excuse already to slank on reading them, but as always, I will be cautious before making further judgement.

I don't have a read yet. Bah.

Quote Originally Posted by Sooh (#15)
    I'm prolly alone as a DM-er (Dragonmount) unless somebody has changed their names. The names I recognize that I know a little bit are Zack, Banks and Fonti, but not well enough to really know any solid meta.

This post restriction thing is new to me, and while I'm never a top poster in my games I have trended upwards lately and know I have to watch out this time around.

27ninjabunnies:
    Again, not much content in this post. It is a joke post reminiscent of many posting styles of DMers that I have observed, including one @dLGN, who opened up Internet Lyfe with a trolly post like this. He was scum.

For this reason only, I have a slight tinge of red on bunnies, but nothing more substantial than that.

She gains unrelated coolness points for dissing Stork, though.

Quote Originally Posted by 27ninjabunnies View Post

NOTICE

It has come to my attention we have traitors among us. Last night, one of my bunnies was found murdered in her sleeping chamber! This cannot be allowed!

• Dumb
    • tan
    • Australian
    • Related to Stork

If any of you have any information on their whereabouts, please do come forward and you shall be rewarded properly.

Your queen,

Bunnies

JTMjasonC:

Again, a rather bland post. Okay, state who we have meta information on. Fair enough. I like the suggestion, but again, do not like certain word choices that I've bolded (sorry for using English major tells, but that's all I've got so far).

Beyond that, I don't really have much idea on him. I actually think he will shape up as he keeps posting, but again, I am suspicious already.

Quote Originally Posted by JTMjasonC View Post
    Good morning! Yes, a lot of new names for me too. Post cap is interesting. This will be challengingly fun. Each post will have to be fruitful.

The players that I'm familiar with (either through playing with them or readings games where I recognize the name) are fontisian, TehBankertin, the-middle-of-the-line, 27ninjabunnies, Mantichora, Onuzq, and Zack.

I am boldly suggesting that each of us do the same - that is, to name who you may or may not have meta information on - as a starting point.

Also, FYI - I will be pretty much a no-show for each EoD as that time does not work for me.

DaveDob:

Wow, what a first post. I really like the reasoning for the town lean on bunnies though I completely disagree with how the intro felt. I also thought that JTM's meta thing was a towny suggestion but not in the way he phrased it.

I think I will give DaveDob the first town lean of the afternoon.

Going to read up on Ymirr and others that he's posted about in his second post.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveDob (#18)

Ymirr's opener felt kinda mafia. Having to explain that you would be doin gwalls of text is what I thought would kinda be assumed in this kind of game. Then puts out what seems like a troll vote and it seemed odd that he only questioned the mafia read on JMT by JonPaul. Slight mafia.
    Onuzq post didn't seem to mean anything to his alighnment so JonPaul having a town read on him is weird. Probably JonPaul town siding as mafia but you can never be to sure.
    Wonder if Sanari actually has anyreads on the opening few statements since he seems to be hunting for scum. Want to hear what you have if anything has stood out so far.

Ymirr:

Pretty scummy start, I agree with DaveDob. The joke vote is an okay thing to do in a first post, but it does not feel natural. In fact, it feels measured, gauged, and carefully placed.

I remember doing this myself in one of my first games on Dragonmount, so yeah, I'm going to have to say -- awkward beginning. I will give you a scum lean.

The post restriction thing is an okay thing to say, but I guess your other posts aren't that long either, because this one is a baby. I think in light of that, there's no need to explain it if it's just a jump from a sentence to a paragraph. (On the other hand, there's me who is going to post this whole thing that'll make your eyes bleed lolol)

Why is everyone reading bunnies' first post as town? Maybe my tone reads are just awful. Calls out Jon's read of JTMJasonc. I think this will be an interesting point for later.

##Vote Swordsworth

Bunnies
    DaveDob
    Jon Paul
    Banks
    Fonti
    Myself

JTM

Well, us town of Salem forumers are almost 1/4th of the game, the four people on the top of my list plus me are from there.

As for reads, only post that isn't null for me is 27ninjabunnies's post, which I think is town.

Onuzq:

I've played one DM game with this dude, I believe. (Hi, I'm Theoboop.)

For some reason, I am getting pretty scummy vibes from this list. I feel like I'm getting a tendency to scum read almost everyone.

It's an awful BS reason so you can probably ignore it for now, but my intuition is that Onuzq is not town. If he is town, I think that he will be able to clear himself to me judging from what I've seen of his DM town game.

[Nice dig at Stork].

Bunnies
    DaveDob
    Jon Paul
    Banks
    Fonti
    Myself

JTM

Swordsworth:

Casual, relaxed (?) opening. The busyness excuse in the first post is not a great look, though, but meh, I don't know if that's enough to scum lean him.

Wow, I think this ISO has so far been a waste of time, buuuut what more do you expect from only being allowed to post 25 times? YEESH

OH WAIT
    I can post up to 34 times today. hehehehe

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsworth View Post
    Hi there everybody, here's to a great game! I'm afraid I'm a little busy IRL over the next few days, but I'll pick up the pace tomorrow in game.

sanari:

I want to know why she picked out this specific post to reply to (why Onuzq and no one else?).

I think her last line actually comes off as mildly defensive, which is wholly unnecessary for a first post. Scum lean, but may change depending on her content.

If sanari is scum, it has no bearing on Onuzq's alignment because I can see sanari responding like this regardless of Onuzq's alignment.

Quote Originally Posted by sanari (#16)

Bunnies
    DaveDob
    Jon Paul
    Banks
    Fonti
    Myself

JTM

Well, I have not played with any of you. Everyone is a stranger, but that does not hinder my ability to find scum.

21. Bookmark ISO #21
    Timezone
    Community
    PerC/The Syndicate/MU
    AKA
    Lenore
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself

Sorry dude, looks like I glanced over your post.

Trailing punctation looks awful, always. This is probably a bad tone read, but I hate the part that is in bold and blue. I like the reads he presents below, though I do have some questions.

Town lean for now.

Why is Bunnies locked town?

I hate cliques.

Who is Jaleb?

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Paul View Post

I know some people, Banks, would like to live in the imaginary world where that isn't the situation. But it is and is a very defining characteristic of this entity known as stork.

I think we should envoke the DM alliance, and rando lynch one of these people that aren't part of our clique. Thats how you are suppose to use your social circle right? To strong arm people into doing what you want.

I'm Town btw.

Captain America Civil war is amazing and if you haven't seen it, you need to go out and see it today.

Antman is my favorite.

I'm probably going to spend my next 24 posts posting LoLPoPS!!! of my collection.

22. Bookmark ISO #22
    Community
    Mafia Universe

1 Swordsworth Ymirr (1)
    1 Sooh Mantichora (1)
    19 Not voting Xine (0), sanari (1), DaveDob (2), Killthestory (0), Jon Paul (0), Swordsworth (0), TehBankertin (0), Sooh (2), Zack (0), lute (0), Onuzq (1), JTMjasonC (1), the-middle-of-the-line (3), Moliere (0), fontisian (0), 27ninjabunnies (1), Player Z (0), Leyva45 (0), Spaceman Spiff (0)

View Vote History

Requested by the-middle-of-the-line at 2 days, 4 hours, 50 minutes, 33 seconds remaining.

23. Bookmark ISO #23
    Community
    MiniMafia

JTM, grab an avatar. It makes reading the thread easier since we can look at a picture instead of reading your name.

JTM pings me gray. As an aside don't think I've played with you before mate, but apparently you know me. Weird.

keklord Dave pings me red, attempting to pocket bunny, a player who appears to lack conviction. JTM lean is more null, but the action was NAI in the first place, leaving a red taste in my mouth.

Ymirr is mislynch bait. Moving on.

Jon is fighting Dave for the spot of Ultimate Kekelord. Post is so bad, so out of place, so hard to read. I'd vig, vet, gladiate, and then jail and execute it. In a ranked lobby, where he's claiming spy.
    ##Vote Jon Paul

27 is a good topic for me. I'm going to be doing lots with her :^)

MotL pings me gray. I'll have her sorted by the end of the day, as usual. Her actions regarding the Seer feel odd, though. I eantntonsee how this plays out.

I dislike the lack of RVS going on. People need to start voting. We have a limited nber of posts, and therefore a limited number of votes. I want people voting so I can obtain freelo through VCA.

24. Bookmark ISO #24
    tokophobe lute's Avatar Head Moderator
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    Other Games
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Quote Originally Posted by the-middle-of-the-line (#21)
    Trailing punctation looks awful, always.
    I... foresee bad times ahead...

25. Bookmark ISO #25
    Timezone
    UTC-06:00
    Community
    EpicMafia/DailyMafia
    AKA
    Onuzq

I'm Town btw.

Antman is my favorite.

Why must you contradict yourself with trying to keep every member of DM alive just to CFD to banks? I know you're trying to be silly, but you contradict yourself in one post.
    Also: I HARD CLAIM MAFIA. (That's what you wanted right?)

Jon Paul:

Trailing punctation looks awful, always. This is probably a bad tone read, but I hate the part that is in bold and blue. I like the reads he presents below, though I do have some questions.

Town lean for now.

I hate cliques.

Who is Jaleb?
    I am Jaleb. (I'm probably going to have to put a tag next to my name somewhere so everyone knows if DM'ers keep on using my first name)

It's interesting that you feel a need of questioning the majority of people who have only made their introduction/troll comment this game. The thing is, I don't see someone who rolls mafia trying to have negative connotation of first reads. There are still more players who've yet to post, but where do you have to go if you can't run to a claimed tr.

I have to say, it's interesting that 3 different people wanted to respond to my list of who comes from DM. At least one had something to it other than talking about their community or lack there of playing this game.

Other things that I don't want to figure out how to quote without losing what I've done so far:

Mantichora's FTT FTD doesn't give me anything about his alignment, as players do that as both alignments.

I hope Sooh doesn't waste all of her d1 posts repeating her position in the game as the first two posts have shown.

26. Bookmark ISO #26
    Community
    Calvin and Hobbes Werewolf
    This is Frog - feel free to call me Frog or Spaceman / Spiff / Spaceman Spiff

I randed town. And it's lunch time.

Couple of starting points:

1) Setup - How to game the setup part 1

This is our current setup copy pasted:
    x3 Mafia Goon
    x1 Mafia Role Cop
    x1 Mafia Roleblocker
    x13 Vanilla Town
    x1 Town Vigilante
    x1 Town Alignment Cop
    x1 Town Doctor

Whenever I see Cop + Doc I see potential for follow the cop gamebreaker.
    In a perfect world we lunch mafia roleblocker for a GG - this should be the priority
    Obviously, I'm happy with any wolf for lunch
    Keep this in mind if the option presents itself
    To those not aware of follow the cop, read here: http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?...Follow_the_Cop

2) Setup - How to game the setup part 2:

Hypoclaiming - N0 Cop style

We all come from different communities, as I've seen last game, some players took issue with this strategy, as a result, we mislynched the cop D1 who hadn't claimed and had no idea who his actual peek was.

I haven't found an actual strategy on this so I'll do my drunkenly best to explain:
    Everyone claims their N0 Peek
    In the event Cop dies, we know who is cleared the next day
    When someone flips, if they are other than cop, we can deduce that via scum cop hunting, we can SHC, or Seer Hunter Clear a player.

Benefits - if cop flips, we know who is clear. If anyone else flips, we know who is SHCed, Max Cop cover.

3) Meta benefit of the doubt - I've seen commonly across sites, especially amongst cross community games and larger games, players happen to know each other and soul read each other better than others. It's something that can come across as absurdly scummy to outsiders *usually myself*. When I see someone clearing someone for seemingly illogical unexplained purposes, it howls to me, but I've been on the other side where I know players tells that I don't really want to give away, but still want to let others know I know of other players tells before I make such illogical rationale. Usually I'll say something like "Mana told me Player X is Villa/Wolf", which sounds very unexplained - the same could be said for anyone saying "Player X is Villa/Wolf - meta/soul read". So to go through players I actually know well enough:

Players

@27ninjabunnies
    @DaveDob
    @JTMjasonC - I've seen this name before but know nothing about this player. Maybe 2+2 mash or something?
    @Jon Paul - Same as above
    @Killthestory
    @Leyva45
    @Mantichora - I've seen Manti before but I don't remember exactly where from. Maybe turbos or games I've read through here on MU
    @Moliere
    @Onuzq
    @Player Z
    @Sooh - I played maybe a couple games with Sooh under other accounts. One of which was prety much ruined D1 when Cuth posted as a wolf in the main forum instead of his wolf chat. So I know nothing about Sooh's meta, but I've read a couple of his games.
    @Spaceman Spiff - When I'm not drunk I'm usually Frog.
    @Swordsworth
    @TehBankertin - I've heard of banks, I'm sure we've played in at least a couple mashes together.
    @Xine
    @Ymirr
    @Zack - I know Zack's tells pretty well
    @fontisian - I've read at least one of fontisian's games
    @lute
    @sanari - I want to say I played with sanari but he subbed out
    @the-middle-of-the-line - I heard middle is a genuinely good person ;-) I've played turbos with middle and know middle OOG

4) I'm going to try to be very economical with my posts, so please bear with my wall posts. I will most likely be replying to every single post as I'm used to posting 100-300 posts ever 36 hour phase. So to begin with actual content:

Hey Sooh - I remember playing this game with you: http://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/...-Jessica-Jones

And I also recall that you are a champ. Looking forward to content from you, glad to see you started us off. I thought you were the type of aggressive player but judging by your intro it seems you're going for the sitting back analytical approach. I don't know your play entirely well, but this makes me a bit uncomfortable as a first post. Without reading into it too much, it's basically a waste of a post when there is certainly enough to say without anyone posting at all. In any case, looking forward to playing with you.

NOTICE

• Dumb
    • tan
    • Australian
    • Related to Stork

Your queen,

Bunnies

Lol, you sound like a fun player.

First - your post screams "Look at me" - WIFOM aside, I really like this
    Second - your tone comes from two different perspectives: One of superiority and the second of futility. This sounds like you're aggressive but you're unsure of being aggressive at the same time. I mention the superiority and futility with the quote:
    "If any of you have any information on their whereabouts, please do come forward and you shall be rewarded properly." - Futility

"Refuse: and the consequences will be dire.

Your queen," - Superiority

Overall you're a lighthearted player with your gif and your final joke "let the $#@!posting commence" when clearly any $#@! post is a loss of any possible effort of solving.

In summation - you're aggressive, weak, really out there - this leads me to believe prob town. I wouldn't doubt it if I were sheriff that you would be my N0 peek.

You're oddly likeable without content so you must be my N0 peek.

Hi Jason - I think we've played in at least one Mash together - I was probably under the Frog account. I like your approach to starting off with player acquaintances. Mindmeld.

As for EOD:
    If any CFDs are to be made, I would highly suggest everyone save up 5-10 posts in the event of CFDs.

Are you going to be unavailable for only this EOD or *every* EOD?

Finally - what is your take on 27ninjabunnies' first post so far? I recognize the absurdity off of soul reads on intro posts, but since we're within limits, as you've just well recognized, I'd like your opinion on the line other than a meager gesture of players you're acquainted with.
    If any grammar plebes say I cannot end a sentence with a preposition ...
    but

Hi Dave,

Welcome to the wondrous world where we walk warmly with werewolves watching and waiting.

I'd like to ask you as you are new and perhaps impressionable.

Would you expect wolves to post first or last? Why?

As for your content - I'd say thus far we've matched up. 27ninjabunnies is town (I'd like to hear your hesitation as it appears as though you are straddling this opion without a warrant or a basis to your claim of "could be faked as mafia".

I agree with half of your statement with respect to JTM. I appreciate the concept of disclosing players with whom one has played - however when he, himself, has failed to comment one such player in such a post restricted game it gives me the opposite lean of town. I'd like you to develop this read (or 'claim' for more precise terminology) with a 'warrant' and a 'basis' if possible.

Overall, I suppose we are in the same realm of thought and mindmeld, however I'd like you to express yourself - the limit for characters in a single post should be more than enough to discuss your points fully.

##Vote Swordsworth

Bahahaha - what is this even? Swordsmith hasn't even posted before you expressed it's a player you know. I appreciate your endeavor to star the RVS stage - however I'm curious as you've listed 27ninja but have failed to comment on (her?). Could you please do so now?

Roughly you're in the same basket at JTM, without the initiative for the acquaintance list, but with the addition of the first RVS vote.

Nor Game Related:

I just noticed you are from Town of Salem - I'm sorry that you have to play with roles that speak with and from the graveyard. Having played many years on the StarCraft2 mod, the predecessor to TownOfSalem, I consider myself a setup and role purist for the most part. Just a friendly joke

Bunnies
    DaveDob
    Jon Paul
    Banks
    Fonti
    Myself

JTM

Hi Onuzq,

I've never played on DailyMafia but I've played a few games on Epic Mafia.

I see you've mentioned both 27Bunny and DaveDob as your top 2 players who you know well, and JTM through a mash (yeah if it was that massive 2+2 mash - I was wolf vigged D1 at the very start, MOFOS) - the same questions would also apply to you.

Why haven't you, given the limits of this game, commented on those 2 players posts?

I'm Town btw.

Antman is my favorite.

Hi Jon Paul,

1) I see you're responding to Onuzq's post in particular with reference to Stork, no doubt as a friendly jest. I'm keeping this in mind as a potential pocket attempt over common ground, or bolstering Onuzq's reputation over an otherwise post devoid of information to comment on. I'm assuming it's naturally the former, and not the ladder, so not to overthink it. But I'm keeping this bookmarked in any case.

*1.5* - * I will come back to this point later, as it's relevant to my knowledge with respect to MU specific playstyles *

2) 27Bunnies is my peek

Why is 27 bunnies lock town for you?

3) I've seen mention of these alliances in a few games and wonder how it works. If it's similar to townblocking I have a simple mathematical probability proof with respect to townblocking that would render randomly choosing any more than 2 players as town useless for THIS game.

anyone who knows probability and can proof this, I think this is correct:

There are C(5,2) ways to pick a group of 2 scum out of 5.

There are C(20,2) ways to pick any group of 2 players out of 21 (I am town).

So the probability is [C(5,2)] / [C(20,2)] = [(120/590)] / [(2.432902e+18/1.216451e+19) =

or 1 in X chances a towny would pick 2 scum at random

c(x,y)= (x!/[(X!-Y!)*y])

What is the probability of at least 1 being scum?
    We find the complement event (both picks being town) and subtract from 1.

The complement event of at least one scum is having no scum, which means all town. (I am Town, so I exclude myself)

So the probability is [C(15,2)] / [C(20,2)] =

Or 1 in X chances that I pick 2 town at random out of 2 picks.

1 - (the above) = 1 in X chances that I pick at least 1 scum in 2 picks.

The combined probabilities of choosing scum in 2 picks suggests the strategy should be everyone randomly picks 2 players to town block with until mechanical patterns present themselves.

*I've done the math, but in case anyone is dedicated to figure it out themselves, here's a rough guide with final answers empty for the ambitious mech players

I guess my point is - blocking with anymore than 2 players regardless of alliance only lends itself to intense pocketing - as I've seen recently in Matrix 12 games across forums.

If I had to townblock right now, it'd be with 27bunnies and Zack.

4) I like that you mention you're town. +1

5) Please no Civil War spoilers - I'm looking forward to watching it properly here in the theaters. Renting a small venue etc.

6) What makes DaveDob towny to you? I've already given my comments and I'd rather not be a Madame Mindreader.

7) Who is Jaleb? Are you posting in the correct game?

8) JTM - this is something I agree with, but please give your reasoning. Again, it really doesn't help in a post restriction game to be vague.

9) I think your suggestion for a CFD on Banks is a joke. I know Banks is well regarded and losing a potential town powerhouse would be foolish on the whim of a CFD when one player said he/she would not be present, forgot who said this... JTM said this.

10) Your speak from a position of authority claiming that anyone who reads you as mafia would claim themselves mafia - I recognize this is a joke, but it's actually a subtle pre-OMGUS challenge that sounds aggressive without basis. The funny thing is, your post is laden with claims, but they lack warrants or basis. So you're asking people (me) to ignore you all game based on virtually no reason. This is not reasonable for me and I'd like you to explain your reads.

Overall, I can say that I agree with 27 Bunnies town read, but I had an unfair advantage, otherwise bunnies post was towny enough.

JTM's post read vague to me, but not necessarily wolfy. Enough to pressure on.

DaveDob read as town is perplexing, and I don't know who Jaleb is. Again, I think you have the wrong game.

Explain your reads.

Hi Swordsworth,

Thanks for the heads up. When you do appear, considering your time is limited - feel free to give a list of players you are well acquainted with in the event we have to play around you. And do your thing I guess. I will say if you rand wolf I will be disappointed with the AFK cover, but I recognize that real life takes a precedence. Wish you the best IRL. ITT - give me your reads on the players and thoughts on the setup please.

Bunnies
    DaveDob
    Jon Paul
    Banks
    Fonti
    Myself

JTM

1) You are playing into alliance without recognizing the risks. I don't like this at all. See my proof on random probability.

2) "As for reads, only post that isn't null for me is 27ninjabunnies's post, which I think is town."

I'd generally agree, however there are some posters that seem to be purposefully vague or squandering posts that I really don't like. You're not as sensitive as I am, purposefully or otherwise.

3) I like that you ask about the read on JTM. It shows as a wolf that you're not afraid afraid to pocket or cover, or as town that you're not afraid to question. This specific interaction with JTM this early doesn't necessarily suggest unlikely w/w between Ymirr/Jon Paul, but if I were to soul read it, I'd say it's not likely w/w.

4) You are being purposefully vague and non-invasive at the time.
    a)You are saying everything is null.
    b)You are saying 27bunny is town - why?
    c)Why is JTM null to you?

This is your second post and all you've done is comment on players you recognize. This seems like a bizarrely lack of efficiency within posts. It seems like a direct response to JTM without interacting with other players.

Bunnies
    DaveDob
    Jon Paul
    Banks
    Fonti
    Myself

JTM

Hi Sanari,

Your name sounds familiar but I'm not entirely sure where it's from. I feel like I've played in a game with you before, maybe a turbo or a real game whree you subbed out. I see you're from MS - maybe I've read one of your past games? Have you played with Titus/Klingoncelt/Citrus/Firebringer over on MS?

As your first post this is a pretty weak entrance. It's casual and presumptive. It reflects an association solely with Onuzq, despite claiming otherwise.

What do you think of Onuzq's post(S?) - do you support pre-made alliances? why or why not?

Care to comment on the setup or players posts so far?

##Vote Sooh

Hi Mantichora,

I feel like I've played with you in at least a turbo before.

1) I like your initiative for an RVS vote.

2) Your reasoning for voting Sooh is very bizarre - is this purely RVS or do you have reasoning? I personally support this vote so far.

3) Thank you for hypoclaiming

4) I am also a high volume poster, this is going to be a massive wall post game of deep concentration for a 'light' game. Lol. Make sure to save 5 - 10 posts for EOD in case of a CFD if you recognize you're a high volume poster.

27. Bookmark ISO #27
    Community
    Octopus Overlords
    Gotta love Friday start times. Do we get paid for this overtime? Since this is Day 1 random.org told me ##Vote lute

28. Bookmark ISO #28
    Community
    MiniMafia
    Molie's RVS is true RNG which makes it useless and anti-town. The point of RVS is to see who names whom, and who wagons with whom. In the future, RVS by picking a name of the list instead of rolling a die. More pro-town as it adds data onto the pile, rather than creating a null point.

Lute and Spiff are gray. Need more posts to sort Lute him. Can't get a tonal read because of how flat he is. Meta gray on Spiff, though I've only played with him in one turbo k e k. I'm confident in my ability to sort him by the end of today.

Onuzq bores me. Tonal red lean. Content wise, nothing happening. I might do some research on this player later if the situation requires it of me. I don't like doing needless work.

Not enough variety to do a social analysis, so I'm just doing my usual pinging.

29. Bookmark ISO #29
    Community
    middle-of-the-line: Like the analysis of the game and trying to go full detail into the game but for you that's not alignment indicative from what I can tell from video mafia games. Appreciate the pocket attempt with the read on me though. If I was forced to guess an alignment it would be town for now but we shall see. Your analysis on Bunnies is interesting btw I think she was a little town from the post but not as lock clear as others are making it out to be.
    Manticora: Null but leans more towards scum. More to do with just saying that Ymirr is an easy mislynch line. Makes it seem like you are trying to save a partner that is already getting scum read. Like the thought process on Jon Paul. Went back and read it and it did feel kinda scummy so I see your point there. If you think JonPaul is mafia lean JTM a little scum too. JonPaul loves to town side as mafia.
    Lute: Wasted post to make a joke about someone else's scum tell. Slight scum.
    Spaceman Spiff: Feels really town the way he is going at the game. Talk about the mechanics about the cop was a little weird at the beginning but I feel his evaluation of the game is coming from a towns perspective. To address your question about my hesitation on Bunnies it has to do with a first post like that can be planned ahead of time so a post like that though at first feels towny can be perpared easily as mafia. Bunnies has moved back to null upon consideration of the read. For JTM I believe trying to get a feel of who people might have better reads on is coming from a towny perspective their for I gave a town lean on it. I tend to believe that wolves post whenever. Having no true forum experience (Read 2 1/2 games) I have no true understanding in how wolves play in terms of when they post but more how they post.
    Moliere: Got to love that mafia opening, shame you put a random vote on another potential scum.Tone felt really weird and is probably mafia.
    Onuzq: Really giving me nothing to get a read on him so he remains null. Slight trolling with JonPaul is not enough to get you town read this game.I ask that you evaluate more of the game and maybe with a little luck you might get town read.

30. Bookmark ISO #30
    Community
    Dailymafia
    Alright loves. I am back and ready to mingle.

To help me keep track this is post numero deux.

And I have some reads.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantichora (#23)
    On mobile so format will be crap.

JTM, grab an avatar. It makes reading the thread easier since we can look at a picture instead of reading your name.

JTM pings me gray. As an aside don't think I've played with you before mate, but apparently you know me. Weird.

keklord Dave pings me red, attempting to pocket bunny, a player who appears to lack conviction. JTM lean is more null, but the action was NAI in the first place, leaving a red taste in my mouth.

Jon is fighting Dave for the spot of Ultimate Kekelord. Post is so bad, so out of place, so hard to read. I'd vig, vet, gladiate, and then jail and execute it. In a ranked lobby, where he's claiming spy.
    ##Vote Jon Paul

MotL pings me gray. I'll have her sorted by the end of the day, as usual. Her actions regarding the Seer feel odd, though. I eantntonsee how this plays out.

I dislike the lack of RVS going on. People need to start voting. We have a limited nber of posts, and therefore a limited number of votes. I want people voting so I can obtain freelo through VCA.
    You concern me with your "doing lots with her" post, but I'll let it slide.

I think out of the two of JP and Dave, dave is more likely wolf. Will explain further down.

But I enjoy this post- straight to the point, good reads with explanations.

One of my first towns.

I'm Town btw.

Antman is my favorite.

The only thing that pings me about JP post that is scummy is the first line... It is obvious JP is going after Banks this game. This would be a great play is JP was scum and Banks town, as Banks is a really strong town forum player- JP would go after someone he knows.

However, the rest of his content is pretty ok and don't scream scum to me. IT seems like a normal $#@!ty JP forum post I've seen him post before.

I do, however, do not understand how he is reading Dave Dob as town.

Dave Dob is not town.
    And it sucks he rolled wolf for his first forum game.

He is wishy washy on his reads, not giving a for sure town or mafia... more of "Eh, well... its not townie, but it's not scummy".

I do the same things as mafia where I'll be like "Oh this intro was actually townie, but I'm gonna say ti can be faked as mafia so I have a reason to push a mislynch later" He uses the same basic outline for his read on JTM.

It's a typical mafia play of a lot of people, and Dave Dob is definitely trying to use it here.
    As town, I'm sure he would be more solid in his reads. Top mafia so far.

Another person I'm pretty sure has a great chance of being wolf is Spaceman Spiff. He claims my post yells "LOOK AT ME", then look at his post. It's basically a wall of text that > chance no one is going to read.

I'll more into the context of it later to see if the reads are actually worth anything, but this post screams tryhard mafia that's looking to have their first post being read as town because of the massive content.

So tldr:

Town: Manti
    JP

Mafia:
    DaveDob
    Spaceman

Null: Middle- mostly cause the post is just there- good reads..okay start...meh

Everyone else not worth commenting on atm.

Fun note for @DaveDob: my post wasn't made until after start of day.
    But my ninja bunny army is awesome, isn't it?

31. Bookmark ISO #31
    Timezone
    Community
    PerC/The Syndicate/MU
    AKA
    Lenore
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    I'm pretty scared. I'm already top poster >.<

Okay, hi Mantichora.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantichora (#23)
    On mobile so format will be crap.

##Vote Jon Paul

Dave is acting pretty towny. He's been very straightforward with his thoughts and there's no weird conspiracy theories going yet in his brain. I take that as a good sign. (Plus, he can read me, which is a really good sign.) I don't believe he is trying to pocket bunnies.

Good JTM read. From this progression, I'm actually going to assign you a town lean. His first post left a bad taste in my mouth, too.

I thought that Jon Paul was town too, but idk if I like his interaction with Onuzq. I also thought that Jon Paul was Stevedotdec, so that might have influenced me incorrectly. I retract my town lean of Jon Paul, but Onuzq is scummier.

27ninjabunnies? Doing lots with her? lmao wut. Explain? Can you explain what you mean by her lacking conviction?

Why is Ymirr mislynch bait? If it's for the reason I'm wondering it is, just respond with it's a tone read. (Idk, I think this is a risky play, but let's try it.)

You usually don't have me sorted by the end of the day, so that is super misleading. I'm pretty sure I didn't mention a seer in any of my posts. What? (you want to see how this plays out?)

Let me finish analyzing the other posts that come after yours, and then I'll vote and give my pile.

Hi, lute. Is this a scum claim? Are you trying to unpocket me or something?

Quote Originally Posted by lute (#24)
    Trailing punctation looks awful, always.
    I... foresee bad times ahead...

If this is how you are going to use 1/25 posts, I'm going to be rustled. Is lynch the inactives going to be a strategy this game?

That's dependent on the inactives. Yes, that's a threat.

This little snippet of Onuzq's next post is pretty meh. I don't know what this Banks/CFD/contradiction business is, but I assumed it was a joke from Jon Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Onuzq (#25)

I'm Town btw.

Antman is my favorite.

Why must you contradict yourself with trying to keep every member of DM alive just to CFD to banks? I know you're trying to be silly, but you contradict yourself in one post.
    Also: I HARD CLAIM MAFIA. (That's what you wanted right?)

Seriously, now that I know he's not Stevedotdec, I can't town read that opening anymore.

I believe that Onuzq and Jon Paul are w/w, but I'd wager that if one is a villager, Onuzq > Jon Paul in terms of villager equity. WAIT
    YOU'RE NOT OZNOGG, right?

Then, I haven't played with you before. Meh. Nevermind, you'll have to work super hard if you want to move up in my reads, but I don't see that happening.

Essentially, I need you to explain the bottom thing you said in response to my post. I cannot parse it.

Quote Originally Posted by Onuzq (#25)
    Jon Paul:

Town lean for now.

I hate cliques.

Who is Jaleb?
    I am Jaleb. (I'm probably going to have to put a tag next to my name somewhere so everyone knows if DM'ers keep on using my first name)

It's interesting that you feel a need of questioning the majority of people who have only made their introduction/troll comment this game. The thing is, I don't see someone who rolls mafia trying to have negative connotation of first reads. There are still more players who've yet to post, but where do you have to go if you can't run to a claimed tr.

I have to say, it's interesting that 3 different people wanted to respond to my list of who comes from DM. At least one had something to it other than talking about their community or lack there of playing this game.

Other things that I don't want to figure out how to quote without losing what I've done so far:

Mantichora's FTT FTD doesn't give me anything about his alignment, as players do that as both alignments.

I hope Sooh doesn't waste all of her d1 posts repeating her position in the game as the first two posts have shown.
    I don't understand. I'm pinging out everyone who has spoken because that is what I can do. You expect me to ping out inactives for not posting? What? I see a need to analyze the first posts because that's what you do with analysis - you analyze what is there, not what isn't there.

You'll have to explain.

I agree with both points you made about Mantichora and Sooh, but what you said makes me want to lean town on them in relation to you. Mantichora's opening is null for him, but the follow up post he just made (the one I just quoted as my first ISO post in this post) is excellently towny.

As for Frog... well, I know he can make this kind of volume as scum, so it's not alignment indicative, but this also looks pretty good for him.

BUT YEESH MAN

there are some things I disagree with you strongly in here.

But thanks, I think I can see bunnies as town because of your analysis of her.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceman Spiff (#26)
    This is Frog - feel free to call me Frog or Spaceman / Spiff / Spaceman Spiff

I randed town. And it's lunch time.

Couple of starting points:

1) Setup - How to game the setup part 1

This is our current setup copy pasted:
    x3 Mafia Goon
    x1 Mafia Role Cop
    x1 Mafia Roleblocker
    x13 Vanilla Town
    x1 Town Vigilante
    x1 Town Alignment Cop
    x1 Town Doctor

Whenever I see Cop + Doc I see potential for follow the cop gamebreaker.
    In a perfect world we lunch mafia roleblocker for a GG - this should be the priority
    Obviously, I'm happy with any wolf for lunch
    Keep this in mind if the option presents itself
    To those not aware of follow the cop, read here: http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?...Follow_the_Cop

2) Setup - How to game the setup part 2:

Hypoclaiming - N0 Cop style

We all come from different communities, as I've seen last game, some players took issue with this strategy, as a result, we mislynched the cop D1 who hadn't claimed and had no idea who his actual peek was.

I haven't found an actual strategy on this so I'll do my drunkenly best to explain:
    Everyone claims their N0 Peek
    In the event Cop dies, we know who is cleared the next day
    When someone flips, if they are other than cop, we can deduce that via scum cop hunting, we can SHC, or Seer Hunter Clear a player.

Benefits - if cop flips, we know who is clear. If anyone else flips, we know who is SHCed, Max Cop cover.

3) Meta benefit of the doubt - I've seen commonly across sites, especially amongst cross community games and larger games, players happen to know each other and soul read each other better than others. It's something that can come across as absurdly scummy to outsiders *usually myself*. When I see someone clearing someone for seemingly illogical unexplained purposes, it howls to me, but I've been on the other side where I know players tells that I don't really want to give away, but still want to let others know I know of other players tells before I make such illogical rationale. Usually I'll say something like "Mana told me Player X is Villa/Wolf", which sounds very unexplained - the same could be said for anyone saying "Player X is Villa/Wolf - meta/soul read". So to go through players I actually know well enough:

Players

@27ninjabunnies
    @DaveDob
    @JTMjasonC - I've seen this name before but know nothing about this player. Maybe 2+2 mash or something?
    @Jon Paul - Same as above
    @Killthestory
    @Leyva45
    @Mantichora - I've seen Manti before but I don't remember exactly where from. Maybe turbos or games I've read through here on MU
    @Moliere
    @Onuzq
    @Player Z
    @Sooh - I played maybe a couple games with Sooh under other accounts. One of which was prety much ruined D1 when Cuth posted as a wolf in the main forum instead of his wolf chat. So I know nothing about Sooh's meta, but I've read a couple of his games.
    @Spaceman Spiff - When I'm not drunk I'm usually Frog.
    @Swordsworth
    @TehBankertin - I've heard of banks, I'm sure we've played in at least a couple mashes together.
    @Xine
    @Ymirr
    @Zack - I know Zack's tells pretty well
    @fontisian - I've read at least one of fontisian's games
    @lute
    @sanari - I want to say I played with sanari but he subbed out
    @the-middle-of-the-line - I heard middle is a genuinely good person ;-) I've played turbos with middle and know middle OOG

Okay, so I think the above is pretty much useless. I agree with some elements of your gaming the game thing, but remember the chat we had in Mafia Community Chat? (Maybe you weren't there, but w/e)

If every VT claims a n0, then it makes it obvious who isn't VT. I think it's pretty risky play, so I would encourage not everyone to draw the NK, especially if you're being especially towny.

Maybe I'm getting pocketed, because I am reading Spiff/Frog town even though he's discussing mechanics, which is a generally comfortable spot for scum to sit in especially early game.

Okay, so the useful material comes here:
    [QUOTE=Spaceman Spiff;323119]4) I'm going to try to be very economical with my posts, so please bear with my wall posts. I will most likely be replying to every single post as I'm used to posting 100-300 posts ever 36 hour phase. So to begin with actual content:

Hey Sooh - I remember playing this game with you: http://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/...-Jessica-Jones

And I also recall that you are a champ. Looking forward to content from you, glad to see you started us off. I thought you were the type of aggressive player but judging by your intro it seems you're going for the sitting back analytical approach. I don't know your play entirely well, but this makes me a bit uncomfortable as a first post. Without reading into it too much, it's basically a waste of a post when there is certainly enough to say without anyone posting at all. In any case, looking forward to playing with you.

NOTICE

• Dumb
    • tan
    • Australian
    • Related to Stork

Your queen,

Bunnies

Lol, you sound like a fun player.

First - your post screams "Look at me" - WIFOM aside, I really like this
    Second - your tone comes from two different perspectives: One of superiority and the second of futility. This sounds like you're aggressive but you're unsure of being aggressive at the same time. I mention the superiority and futility with the quote:
    "If any of you have any information on their whereabouts, please do come forward and you shall be rewarded properly." - Futility

"Refuse: and the consequences will be dire.

Your queen," - Superiority

Overall you're a lighthearted player with your gif and your final joke "let the $#@!posting commence" when clearly any $#@! post is a loss of any possible effort of solving.

In summation - you're aggressive, weak, really out there - this leads me to believe prob town. I wouldn't doubt it if I were sheriff that you would be my N0 peek.

You're oddly likeable without content so you must be my N0 peek.

I really like the point you made about bunnies. Sharp zinger about Sooh, too. I can see how bunnies' post can come from a town perspective, but, as I mentioned before, it would be easy to prepare this post as scum.

Bunnies is being widely townread by people I think are scum, and by town, too, which makes me WIFOM myself into thinking - maybe she's (spewed?) town?

Not sure how far I can proceed down that path.

Hi Jason - I think we've played in at least one Mash together - I was probably under the Frog account. I like your approach to starting off with player acquaintances. Mindmeld.

As for EOD:
    If any CFDs are to be made, I would highly suggest everyone save up 5-10 posts in the event of CFDs.

Are you going to be unavailable for only this EOD or *every* EOD?

Finally - what is your take on 27ninjabunnies' first post so far? I recognize the absurdity off of soul reads on intro posts, but since we're within limits, as you've just well recognized, I'd like your opinion on the line other than a meager gesture of players you're acquainted with.
    If any grammar plebes say I cannot end a sentence with a preposition ...
    but

First off, I don't like JTMJasonc. Tell me why this post makes me think that you like him, and explain why you do.

Hi Dave,

Welcome to the wondrous world where we walk warmly with werewolves watching and waiting.

I'd like to ask you as you are new and perhaps impressionable.

Would you expect wolves to post first or last? Why?

As for your content - I'd say thus far we've matched up. 27ninjabunnies is town (I'd like to hear your hesitation as it appears as though you are straddling this opion without a warrant or a basis to your claim of "could be faked as mafia".

I agree with half of your statement with respect to JTM. I appreciate the concept of disclosing players with whom one has played - however when he, himself, has failed to comment one such player in such a post restricted game it gives me the opposite lean of town. I'd like you to develop this read (or 'claim' for more precise terminology) with a 'warrant' and a 'basis' if possible.

Overall, I suppose we are in the same realm of thought and mindmeld, however I'd like you to express yourself - the limit for characters in a single post should be more than enough to discuss your points fully.

Dave straddles the fence more often as town than mafia. I think his waffling on bunnies is extremely towny.

I think this is a valid series of suggestions, though. I like the pingouts, and I think Dave answering these questions may be very helpful.

##Vote Swordsworth

Bahahaha - what is this even? Swordsmith hasn't even posted before you expressed it's a player you know. I appreciate your endeavor to star the RVS stage - however I'm curious as you've listed 27ninja but have failed to comment on (her?). Could you please do so now?

Roughly you're in the same basket at JTM, without the initiative for the acquaintance list, but with the addition of the first RVS vote.

Nor Game Related:

I just noticed you are from Town of Salem - I'm sorry that you have to play with roles that speak with and from the graveyard. Having played many years on the StarCraft2 mod, the predecessor to TownOfSalem, I consider myself a setup and role purist for the most part. Just a friendly joke

Okay, so I'm confused. What is your take on JTMJasonc?
    I don't like Ymirr, btw. The only thing that I'm wondering about is the slight clause of TWTBAW, but that's just too much wifom this early in the game.

Mantichora defending him is also weird, but I think I'd let that resolve naturally.

Wow, my head is already spinning from all these multiquotes. Ew.

Bunnies
    DaveDob
    Jon Paul
    Banks
    Fonti
    Myself

JTM

Hi Onuzq,

I've never played on DailyMafia but I've played a few games on Epic Mafia.

I see you've mentioned both 27Bunny and DaveDob as your top 2 players who you know well, and JTM through a mash (yeah if it was that massive 2+2 mash - I was wolf vigged D1 at the very start, MOFOS) - the same questions would also apply to you.

Why haven't you, given the limits of this game, commented on those 2 players posts?

good point. I want to know why people are selectively commenting on posts, but I don't know if people are really paying attention to my posts. I read everything, but idk if people are doing the same. Makes me wonder if anyone actually went through Spiff's huge wall post and picked it apart like I am doing now, or just looked at it, went scroll, and town read him for it. Would be an easy thing for scum to do.

[QUOTE=Spaceman Spiff;323119]

I'm Town btw.

Antman is my favorite.

Hi Jon Paul,

1) I see you're responding to Onuzq's post in particular with reference to Stork, no doubt as a friendly jest. I'm keeping this in mind as a potential pocket attempt over common ground, or bolstering Onuzq's reputation over an otherwise post devoid of information to comment on. I'm assuming it's naturally the former, and not the ladder, so not to overthink it. But I'm keeping this bookmarked in any case.

*1.5* - * I will come back to this point later, as it's relevant to my knowledge with respect to MU specific playstyles *

2) 27Bunnies is my peek

Why is 27 bunnies lock town for you?

3) I've seen mention of these alliances in a few games and wonder how it works. If it's similar to townblocking I have a simple mathematical probability proof with respect to townblocking that would render randomly choosing any more than 2 players as town useless for THIS game.

anyone who knows probability and can proof this, I think this is correct:

There are C(5,2) ways to pick a group of 2 scum out of 5.

There are C(20,2) ways to pick any group of 2 players out of 21 (I am town).

So the probability is [C(5,2)] / [C(20,2)] = [(120/590)] / [(2.432902e+18/1.216451e+19) =

or 1 in X chances a towny would pick 2 scum at random

c(x,y)= (x!/[(X!-Y!)*y])

What is the probability of at least 1 being scum?
    We find the complement event (both picks being town) and subtract from 1.

The complement event of at least one scum is having no scum, which means all town. (I am Town, so I exclude myself)

So the probability is [C(15,2)] / [C(20,2)] =

Or 1 in X chances that I pick 2 town at random out of 2 picks.

1 - (the above) = 1 in X chances that I pick at least 1 scum in 2 picks.

The combined probabilities of choosing scum in 2 picks suggests the strategy should be everyone randomly picks 2 players to town block with until mechanical patterns present themselves.

*I've done the math, but in case anyone is dedicated to figure it out themselves, here's a rough guide with final answers empty for the ambitious mech players

I guess my point is - blocking with anymore than 2 players regardless of alliance only lends itself to intense pocketing - as I've seen recently in Matrix 12 games across forums.

If I had to townblock right now, it'd be with 27bunnies and Zack.

4) I like that you mention you're town. +1

5) Please no Civil War spoilers - I'm looking forward to watching it properly here in the theaters. Renting a small venue etc.

6) What makes DaveDob towny to you? I've already given my comments and I'd rather not be a Madame Mindreader.

7) Who is Jaleb? Are you posting in the correct game?

8) JTM - this is something I agree with, but please give your reasoning. Again, it really doesn't help in a post restriction game to be vague.

9) I think your suggestion for a CFD on Banks is a joke. I know Banks is well regarded and losing a potential town powerhouse would be foolish on the whim of a CFD when one player said he/she would not be present, forgot who said this... JTM said this.

10) Your speak from a position of authority claiming that anyone who reads you as mafia would claim themselves mafia - I recognize this is a joke, but it's actually a subtle pre-OMGUS challenge that sounds aggressive without basis. The funny thing is, your post is laden with claims, but they lack warrants or basis. So you're asking people (me) to ignore you all game based on virtually no reason. This is not reasonable for me and I'd like you to explain your reads.

Overall, I can say that I agree with 27 Bunnies town read, but I had an unfair advantage, otherwise bunnies post was towny enough.

JTM's post read vague to me, but not necessarily wolfy. Enough to pressure on.

DaveDob read as town is perplexing, and I don't know who Jaleb is. Again, I think you have the wrong game.

Explain your reads.

Thanks for this. I am not surprised by the Dave Dob read, actually. Super easy to clear as town. He's town.

Jaleb read is confusing (Onuzq). No reason to give it. Either TMI from Jon Paul (spewing Onuzq town), or w/w interactions. Never both town.

I want you to explain why 27ninjabunnies and Zack (he hasn't even posted???) are your town block.

You think that JP is pocketing Onuzq, correct? Why is this a w/v interaction over a w/w one?

Hi Swordsworth,

Thanks for the heads up. When you do appear, considering your time is limited - feel free to give a list of players you are well acquainted with in the event we have to play around you. And do your thing I guess. I will say if you rand wolf I will be disappointed with the AFK cover, but I recognize that real life takes a precedence. Wish you the best IRL. ITT - give me your reads on the players and thoughts on the setup please.

This is actually the scummiest post in this progression, I think. I like pinging out inactives and being nice to them as a wolf, pretending to understand their situation, and then just lynching them for inactivity. So idk.

It's an okay post, probably null in the larger scheme of things, but something I would like to remember for later.

Bunnies
    DaveDob
    Jon Paul
    Banks
    Fonti
    Myself

JTM

1) You are playing into alliance without recognizing the risks. I don't like this at all. See my proof on random probability.

2) "As for reads, only post that isn't null for me is 27ninjabunnies's post, which I think is town."

I'd generally agree, however there are some posters that seem to be purposefully vague or squandering posts that I really don't like. You're not as sensitive as I am, purposefully or otherwise.

3) I like that you ask about the read on JTM. It shows as a wolf that you're not afraid afraid to pocket or cover, or as town that you're not afraid to question. This specific interaction with JTM this early doesn't necessarily suggest unlikely w/w between Ymirr/Jon Paul, but if I were to soul read it, I'd say it's not likely w/w.

4) You are being purposefully vague and non-invasive at the time.
    a)You are saying everything is null.
    b)You are saying 27bunny is town - why?
    c)Why is JTM null to you?

Agree with ALL of this (except for 4a being bad, but it's more of a player by player case thing), which is kind of shady to me. Eep, I'm kind of scared of being pocketed.

The only thing I am leery of going on board with is the everything null -> that's a scum tell thing. There are some players I know who cannot spit out reads that quickly (like Alette as town). I think it's a bad look, but just be hesistant to use this as your main case builder.

I think the other points are valid.

I'm voting Onuzq, btw.

This is your second post and all you've done is comment on players you recognize. This seems like a bizarrely lack of efficiency within posts. It seems like a direct response to JTM without interacting with other players.

Couldn't agree more. I am not sure, however, that Sooh is really thinking about post efficiency like other high posters are.

If she keeps doing this kind of thing, though, I think I might have to change my WIFOMY town read on her (I think she's spewed for being pinged out by Onuzq). That could be a scum spew, too. Wow.

Mehhh

Bunnies
    DaveDob
    Jon Paul
    Banks
    Fonti
    Myself

JTM

Hi Sanari,

Your name sounds familiar but I'm not entirely sure where it's from. I feel like I've played in a game with you before, maybe a turbo or a real game whree you subbed out. I see you're from MS - maybe I've read one of your past games? Have you played with Titus/Klingoncelt/Citrus/Firebringer over on MS?

As your first post this is a pretty weak entrance. It's casual and presumptive. It reflects an association solely with Onuzq, despite claiming otherwise.

What do you think of Onuzq's post(S?) - do you support pre-made alliances? why or why not?

Care to comment on the setup or players posts so far?

Excellent. Pointed out exactly what I saw (the choice of associating with Onuzq.

##Vote Sooh

Hi Mantichora,

I feel like I've played with you in at least a turbo before.

1) I like your initiative for an RVS vote.

2) Your reasoning for voting Sooh is very bizarre - is this purely RVS or do you have reasoning? I personally support this vote so far.

3) Thank you for hypoclaiming

4) I am also a high volume poster, this is going to be a massive wall post game of deep concentration for a 'light' game. Lol. Make sure to save 5 - 10 posts for EOD in case of a CFD if you recognize you're a high volume poster.

The thing I don't like about his opening is precisely this joke vote sequence. He did this as a wolf in a turbo with me as his wolf bro, and voted me in his first post.

I think that Manti is town from the most recent post I analyzed, though, but I am getting shaky about this little bit of meta. I think to look at Manti and read him correctly, you have to look at motivation.

I think aorn, his motivation is to scumhunt and not be opportunistic, which is a good look for him as town.

[/spoiler]

Okay, wow, that was a huge post. I think you're town. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Moliere (#27)
    Gotta love Friday start times. Do we get paid for this overtime? Since this is Day 1 random.org told me ##Vote lute

Okay, I am pretty sure this is a town vote... but it's pretty bad. I think generally it should be a null tell, but for some reason, I think if Moliere is a trolly player (ToS?), then it would be more towny?

idk????

awful, please post more.

I've been reading Mantichora as town ever since his second post, but I really hate his "I can sort x by the end of day" comment.

MEH

It seems like an excuse to not commit to a read here and now.

well? Will you commit to a read on Spiff and me sooner than later? We've posted the most content. What are you doing without a read on either of us, gray rather than green or red?

I can understand why on lute and other low posters.

Do you want to talk about any other reads? Even if you don't want to, you should. Yanno, for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantichora (#28)
    Molie's RVS is true RNG which makes it useless and anti-town. The point of RVS is to see who names whom, and who wagons with whom. In the future, RVS by picking a name of the list instead of rolling a die. More pro-town as it adds data onto the pile, rather than creating a null point.

Lute and Spiff are gray. Need more posts to sort Lute him. Can't get a tonal read because of how flat he is. Meta gray on Spiff, though I've only played with him in one turbo k e k. I'm confident in my ability to sort him by the end of today.

Onuzq bores me. Tonal red lean. Content wise, nothing happening. I might do some research on this player later if the situation requires it of me. I don't like doing needless work.

Not enough variety to do a social analysis, so I'm just doing my usual pinging.

What is a social analysis, btw? Agree with Onuzq read, but I'm getting this awful hunch that Mantichora is scum with Onuzq and just needs a weak reason to scum read him (see needless work).

Hi Dave Dob, you're still probably town.
    I don't really have a good read on Spiff that often - he tends to pocket me when he's scum, so I am kind of glad you're also town reading him (even though he seems to be scum reading you? What do you make of that?).

If you do know the DM players well, I need to hear more about Jon Paul, Bunnies, and Onuzq. I'm still voting between JP and Onuzq.

LOL, my read of Mantichora jumped like three times during this entire ISO. I need medical help or something.

[spoiler]
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveDob (#29)
    middle-of-the-line: Like the analysis of the game and trying to go full detail into the game but for you that's not alignment indicative from what I can tell from video mafia games. Appreciate the pocket attempt with the read on me though. If I was forced to guess an alignment it would be town for now but we shall see. Your analysis on Bunnies is interesting btw I think she was a little town from the post but not as lock clear as others are making it out to be.
    Manticora: Null but leans more towards scum. More to do with just saying that Ymirr is an easy mislynch line. Makes it seem like you are trying to save a partner that is already getting scum read. Like the thought process on Jon Paul. Went back and read it and it did feel kinda scummy so I see your point there. If you think JonPaul is mafia lean JTM a little scum too. JonPaul loves to town side as mafia.
    Lute: Wasted post to make a joke about someone else's scum tell. Slight scum.
    Spaceman Spiff: Feels really town the way he is going at the game. Talk about the mechanics about the cop was a little weird at the beginning but I feel his evaluation of the game is coming from a towns perspective. To address your question about my hesitation on Bunnies it has to do with a first post like that can be planned ahead of time so a post like that though at first feels towny can be perpared easily as mafia. Bunnies has moved back to null upon consideration of the read. For JTM I believe trying to get a feel of who people might have better reads on is coming from a towny perspective their for I gave a town lean on it. I tend to believe that wolves post whenever. Having no true forum experience (Read 2 1/2 games) I have no true understanding in how wolves play in terms of when they post but more how they post.
    Moliere: Got to love that mafia opening, shame you put a random vote on another potential scum.Tone felt really weird and is probably mafia.
    Onuzq: Really giving me nothing to get a read on him so he remains null. Slight trolling with JonPaul is not enough to get you town read this game.I ask that you evaluate more of the game and maybe with a little luck you might get town read.
    [spoiler]

Anyway, where I'm at currently (strongest of each top to bottom, Town -> Null -> Mafia scale):

[ALSO LOL, JUST SAW A BUNNY POST THAT MAKES ME THINK SHE'S super SCUMMY LOOOL... um, do I move her to bottom now without explanation, or should I make a separate post?????

anyway, I'll just do an analysis of that post without actually quoting it.

First off, what?

Strongest scum read on Dave Dob and Spiff, both who are doing things that are completely in range of town and scum meta. Why is she calling out Dave Dob for doing things he does as town? That makes no sense.

She is grudgingly reading me as town. Hmmmmmmmmmm I wonder why? I don't understand what she means by me having good reads. I believe my reads are currently the opposite of hers, and they were kind of at the time of my post. In fact, I believe I scum read her...? What?

I kind of want to vote bunnies now.]

I can't believe she has JP as her strongest town, but maybe I'm wrong and my initial town lean of JP was correct? Bunnies, please explain this. I'm doubting your reads atm and I feel like your motivation is wolfy.

And Mantichora being on her top town makes me want to move him down. Gross. I've put in brown the people I'm waffling terribly on. If someone could help out, that would be great. They keep moving between very town and very scum.

so idk, lolll

Dave Dob
    Spiff
    Mantichora

Swordsworth
    Moliera
    Lute

bunnies
    Jon Paul
    Onuzq

Okay, so we're lynching either Onuzq or bunnies today. I'm kind of worried about mislynching bunnies, because I know I've scum read her when she's been town in turbos, but then town read her when she was scum in a turbo I wasn't in.

So, should I vote bunnies or Onuzq?

Stick to original plan or???

I don't understand why bunnies would scum read someone as strongest scum who claimed her as his peek as scum... though?

I d k...

Okay, that probably makes her more towny than not, but I still think she's possibly scum. Moving her up above Onuzq, probably.

Meh meh meh

##Vote Onuzq

32. Bookmark ISO #32
    Timezone
    Community
    PerC/The Syndicate/MU
    AKA
    Lenore
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself

lolme

I think it breaks the thingy

you know, the quoting thingy

I hate not being able to post in real time.

this is driving me mad

not in a good way.

OKAY

I need to fix some things I said in my previous post that are simply not correct.

Bunnies isn't town reading me, she's null reading me, which is concerning me more than a town or a scum read on me.

Why don't you have an opinion of me?

Same complaint I have about Mantichora.

YEEESH

I'VE POSTED ALL OF THIS AND HAD THOUGHTS ON EVERYONE ELSE WHO HAS POSTED

how do you not have a read on me?

Also 5 mafia, wow ok

my team atm is onuzq/jp/mantichora/bunnies/??? If that's not the world

a spiff/dob/???? world doesn't really make sense either... that's why I'm having a lot of trouble believing Bunnies actually reads those two as strongest scum.

I don't get it.

Knowing my reads ability, I'm probably wrong on at least 1/2 of these reads. I believe that I would be more wrong on Mantichora (oh, I think he's moved down to scum on my list) and Jon Paul/Onuzq.

But there's always one in Jon Paul/Onuzq, I think.

I have a hunch that people who are mafia might not have posted yet.

I'm kind of feeling a little wifom about the rand in Zack, probably because Spiff talked about him as town already and the dude hasn't even posted.

33. Bookmark ISO #33
    Community
    Mafia Universe

1 Swordsworth Ymirr (1)
    1 Jon Paul Mantichora (3)
    1 lute Moliere (1)
    1 Onuzq the-middle-of-the-line (5)
    17 Not voting Killthestory (0), Xine (0), sanari (1), Jon Paul (0), Sooh (2), Swordsworth (0), TehBankertin (0), DaveDob (3), Zack (0), fontisian (0), Onuzq (2), JTMjasonC (1), Leyva45 (0), Player Z (0), lute (1), 27ninjabunnies (2), Spaceman Spiff (1)

View Vote History

Requested by the-middle-of-the-line at 2 days, 0 hours, 21 minutes, 27 seconds remaining.

34. Bookmark ISO #34
    Timezone
    Community
    PerC/The Syndicate/MU
    AKA
    Lenore
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    I just noticed that Mantichora is voting JP... now, that may not be clearing for Manti or JP if one is a wolf, but it makes me doubt that Manti is a wolf with JP....

UGH

I CANNOT BELIEVE I AM ALREADY ON POST #6.

actually, I can. I'm going to take a break from this game. This is awful. We're only on page one.

bahhhhhhhhh

I forgot about my sanari read and JTMjason read. Lolme.

okay

town:

Dave Dob
    Spiff
    Mantichora

everyone else goes here (true null)

Swordsworth
    Moliere
    lute
    Sooh
    Ymirr
    sanari

bunnies
    JTMJason
    JP
    Onuzq

I believe that's correct. Now don't pester me and force me to waste any more posts, brain and people of this thread.

w/e

35. Bookmark ISO #35
    Community
    Dark Lord Potter
    Hi. I've played with/read games of 3/5ths of you.

If I have a n0 green, it's on Jaleb.

I'd like to ask @ the-middle-of-the-line; why exactly she's townreading Jon Paul?

DaveDob is my top town at the moment for overall tone and this line:
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveDob (#29)
    Appreciate the pocket attempts with the read on me though. If I was forced to guess an alignment it would be town for now but we shall see.
    The paranoia about middle's alignment and the implication that she has to prove herself to him both speak well of his alignment. I have a lot of meta with Dave, so take this read accordingly.

I also like Sanari, purely tonally, as the emphasis on her ability to scum hunt seems like a way to reassure herself. That feeling seems like an unusual one for scum to bother faking.

I agree with Jon Paul's mafia read on JTM.

The opening paragraph is stilted, and likely wasn't written stream of conscious style, indicating nervousness on Jason's part. In addition, the activity he suggests isn't useful. Why ask people to give names when you could instead ask them for that meta? And finally, the world "boldly" is excessive, again indicating nervousness on his part.

##Vote JTMjasonC

If it isn't already obvious, this is a serious vote. I'd appreciate it if others could start making serious votes as well.

36. Bookmark ISO #36
    The Terrible Texan TehBankertin's Avatar
    Community
    Dailymafia/2+2

37. Bookmark ISO #37
    Community
    Dark Lord Potter
    Quote Originally Posted by the-middle-of-the-line (#34)
    I just noticed that Mantichora is voting JP... now, that may not be clearing for Manti or JP if one is a wolf, but it makes me doubt that Manti is a wolf with JP....

UGH

actually, I can. I'm going to take a break from this game. This is awful. We're only on page one.

bahhhhhhhhh

okay

town:

Dave Dob
    Spiff
    Mantichora

Swordsworth
    Moliere
    lute
    Sooh
    Ymirr
    sanari

bunnies
    JTMJason
    JP
    Onuzq

I believe that's correct. Now don't pester me and force me to waste any more posts, brain and people of this thread.

w/e

$#@! it, I'll just waste a post to call Middle town, Bunny wrong but probably town anyway, and Banks an ass.

38. Bookmark ISO #38
    Community
    Dailymafia
    Quote Originally Posted by fontisian (#37)
    Quote Originally Posted by the-middle-of-the-line (#34)

UGH

bahhhhhhhhh

okay

town:

Dave Dob
    Spiff
    Mantichora

Swordsworth
    Moliere
    lute
    Sooh
    Ymirr
    sanari

bunnies
    JTMJason
    JP
    Onuzq

w/e

$#@! it, I'll just waste a post to call Middle town, Bunny wrong but probably town anyway, and Banks an ass.
    Post #3

Who am I wrong on?

39. Bookmark ISO #39
    Community
    Mafiascum
    Quote Originally Posted by the-middle-of-the-line (#20)
    sanari:

I want to know why she picked out this specific post to reply to (why Onuzq and no one else?).

I think her last line actually comes off as mildly defensive, which is wholly unnecessary for a first post. Scum lean, but may change depending on her content.

If sanari is scum, it has no bearing on Onuzq's alignment because I can see sanari responding like this regardless of Onuzq's alignment.

Bunnies
    DaveDob
    Jon Paul
    Banks
    Fonti
    Myself

JTM

To all: It should be fairly obvious why I quoted him saying that he had played with a third of the player base. My first statement was that I was not familiar with anyone.

My second statement, which middle of the road found slightly suspicious was just that, a statement of not needing meta. Middle gets townie points for this suspicion.

First off, I do not like jonpaul's hedging on bunny it looks like an attempt at pocketing. I take your challenge and

##Vote Jon Paul

Just the way you told everyone not to challenge you makes me think that you are trying to get away with not being challenged. So here you are.

I typically catch scum off guard during the RVS stage, which has been completely skipped.

Everyone is counting their posts. I find this silly, but then I am a low count poster. I post to hunt.

@Jon Paul what was your real reason for stating that anyone who challenged you would be mafia?

@lute you have not offered much to the game what are your opinions on oznuq and Dave dob?

40. Bookmark ISO #40
    Community
    Mafia Universe

2 Jon Paul Mantichora (3), sanari (2)
    1 Swordsworth Ymirr (1)
    1 lute Moliere (1)
    1 Onuzq the-middle-of-the-line (6)
    1 JTMjasonC fontisian (2)
    15 Not voting Killthestory (0), Xine (0), Jon Paul (0), Sooh (2), Swordsworth (0), TehBankertin (1), DaveDob (3), Zack (0), Onuzq (2), JTMjasonC (1), Leyva45 (0), Player Z (0), lute (1), 27ninjabunnies (3), Spaceman Spiff (1)

View Vote History

Requested by sanari at 1 days, 22 hours, 43 minutes, 1 seconds remaining.

41. Bookmark ISO #41
    okay I spoilered my thoughts on the game so far:

tl;dr

42. Bookmark ISO #42
    Community
    Jesus Toast Mafia

I will not be around for any EoD; the time just does not work with my schedule at all.

Whichever English major pointed out my first post and highlighted specific words in blue I literally lol'ed because I remember actually adding in some of those words after upon proofreading before posting, so I'm glad it got some notice.

Mantichora - no we have not played together, but I do read other games here and there, and your name was one that I remembered.

TOWN LEAN- Onuzq and Spaceman Spiff.
    We did not play in a 2+2 mash together; I believe it was the Super Smash Mash on this site. And yes, you were playing as Frog (hi). Onuzq, I think you were in there, if not, I read one of your other games somewhere. Anyway, town leans on you two because I would think the mafia team would have discussed this very topic of who's played with who and from where to get an initial meta on who they were up against, so misremembering which games we've played in together seems natural as if it were the first time you were thinking about it.

Also Spaceman Spiff's wall of text seemed natural.

MAFIA LEAN- middle-of-the-line.
    Her wall of text, on the other hand, did not seem natural. Especially when it got to the part of "we're lynching either Onuzq or bunnies today" like really? I don't think we're close at all to be making statements like that. She's already working out worlds? Why go to that trouble already? And then posting as if it's causing a headache and hurting her brain. It just feels like overacting, to seem like she's invested and working out things in her head.

Btw, I saw one or two posters who may be misinformed about EoD posting restrictions. During the last hour, there is no post restriction. I think Spaceman Spiff was one of those posters, so I am accepting that as a derpclear point.

I agree with the people saying Sooh is doing nothing (looks scummy).

fontisian - I agree it's not stream of consciousness. I don't only play with that style. I try different things all the time. Posting style isn't necessarily indicative of alignment unless we are playing with extremely inexperienced players. To your point about asking players specifically about others takes up posts which we do not have, so I cut to the chase and asked everyone to do the same. We have played together several times; I am a bit surprised at your confidence level in your read of me. I doubt it is as serious as you say. You are quick to agree with Jon Paul, but I don't think he has even given any reasons for his read?

43. Bookmark ISO #43
    I hard softclaim cop with Banks as n0 v peek.

zack, why you play like $#@!?

to avoid nightkill, points at hard softclaim

44. Bookmark ISO #44
    Anyone who posted something long enough for me to tl;dr and skip it is probably town, right? Sure, okay.

(making such insanely long posts this early is an incredibly productive use of your time and limited posts btw)

45. Bookmark ISO #45
    Community
    MiniMafia

46. Bookmark ISO #46
    Community
    Mafia Universe

2 Jon Paul Mantichora (4), sanari (2)
    1 Swordsworth Ymirr (1)
    1 lute Moliere (1)
    1 Onuzq the-middle-of-the-line (6)
    1 JTMjasonC fontisian (2)
    15 Not voting Killthestory (0), Xine (0), Jon Paul (0), Sooh (2), Swordsworth (0), TehBankertin (1), DaveDob (3), Zack (3), Onuzq (2), JTMjasonC (2), Leyva45 (0), Player Z (0), lute (1), 27ninjabunnies (3), Spaceman Spiff (1)

View Vote History

Requested by Stork.. at 1 days, 22 hours, 10 minutes, 34 seconds remaining.

47. Bookmark ISO #47
    Community
    Calvin and Hobbes Werewolf
    I was distracted all evening and never continued this post - I'd rather finish the post but I'm short on time and I expect more engagement.

I Expect Everyone To Respond To Everyone's Comments and Questions (You guys can be rude to be in the game, I waive all complaints in the hopes of sincerity)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveDob (#18)

1) I agree to a certain extent. It felt off. However I don't really understand your reasoning entirely.
    2) By all means use walls of text to express yourself
    3) I wouldn't call it a troll vote so much as an RVS vote on a player he stated he knew. Usually players who they're acquainted with can measure each other up in heated 1v1s and resolve themselves one way or another. This isn't 'troll'. It's strategy, and by no means is this why I'm feeling about Ymirr. I'm seriously questioning your read, it feels like a pillow push on a wolf bro without any oomph to it.
    4)Meh - I'm TLC singing don't go chasing waterfalls.

1) I agree, Onuzq's opening post was generally NAI
    2) I don't see where Jon Paul had a read on Onuzq's post. This reads very very bizarre to me, from your part DaveDob.

I see Jon Paul responding to Onuzq's post which is weird, but never where he says he Villa reads Onuzq. I feel like you made a logic jump that Jon Paul supports Onuzq via responding to Onuzq in particular in a buddying kind of way. To be honest, I made the same leap. I found it out of place. But I feel like your view on the situation is one sided and not well rounded or considered.

I think you meant to say 27bunny instead of Onuzq however - in which case - why do you think a town read on 27bunny is scummy when you, yourself, have said 27 bunnies is slightly town?

Your and my reasoning is not aligned and it feels a bit opportunist to take this position against JTM in two perspectives:
    a) As a scum who is bussing with on viewpoint that JTM can only be scum
    b) As a scum who is pushing early

The third option is:
    c) We mindmelded over a scum read but got there separate ways. *there are many paths to the mountain peak*.

I'm very disconcerted over your reasoning at the moment, and would not rule out w/w or w/v atm wrt you and JTM. I feel like this relationship was an establishment you never meant to keep other than as a particular defense. This plays into my previous *1.5* point which I will discuss at a later time.

1) 100% agree - Sanari has no reads and no actual hunting.
    2) I'd like to see some action

You haven't listed Sooh on the list of players you are acquainted with. I agree 100% that I'd like to see actual content from Sooh. However you seem to straddle this with "could go either way". Are you saying that in a post restriction game posting pure NAI posts is NAI? Sooh is a known player, I'm giving some benefit of doubt but I kind of expected a ton of WIM if he randed town. This feels like an uneasy push from you. But it's not as disconcerting as your push on Jason. Meh- about the same-ish. Sooh's participation so far has weirded me out as irregular.

Action Questions for you, Dave, other than my comments:
    1) I'd like you to expand on sword
    2) I'd like you to expand on Jason in particular

48. Bookmark ISO #48
    Community
    Bunnies: Holy crap where do I begin with how mafia this is? The read on Manti was such nothing because he actually didn't give any explanation on anything (Had 2 maf 2 null and a "misslynch bait" read). Your JP read is hot garbage because your reasoning is that he is town but he is doing all this mafia stuff, but is still town. Your read on me only applies to my post that I made as the 4th post of the game. Of course my read isn't going to be strong and you didn't even reference my reads later (which I am sure you read because you mentioned post after my first one). Also way to not actually read Fonti's post and question what reads you are wrong on. Such a scum tell to not actually read things Bunnies is just mafia and a vote will be on her by the end of this wall of text.
    Middle-of-the-Line: Basically have a lot of the same reads as you. You can jump in the town circle now. Instead of lynching my null read Onzuq can we just lynch Bunnies. All aboard the Bunnies train. Cho Cho.
    Fonti: Hello Fonti. Welcome to the town. I like how you came out with some good perspective on the game. Don't agree with Bunnies be wrong. She is just mafia.
    TehBankertain: Hello Banks, can we try now, get some reads, talk about said reads, make it easy to figure out your alignment. Thanks friend.
    Sanari: Post was interesting. Though I agree JonPaul is mafia I am not sure why you tink he is pocketing Bunnies, do you just think Bunnies is town? Why is Bunnies town? Also why are you conserened with Lute's read on me and Onzuq when you didn't give a read on either of us?
    JTM: Null, think the mafia leans on Fontisain and Middle-of-the-Line are just wrong but I don't know if that makes you mafia or not.
    Zack: Hello sir, do you actually have reads on the game or are you just going to sit their and say vauge things that tell me nothing?
    Spaceman Spiff: I'm going to answer this in multiple parts 1. Ymirr's start was just kinda mafia to me. Him feeling the need to talk about how he would post seems like a thing scum does. 2. I said the thing about JonPaul town siding with the weird read on Onzuq was more a mafia read on JonPaul than a town read on Onzuq. More of a joke cause JonPaul's meta is to town side a lot. 3. Good glad we agree. 4. At the time I posted Sooh did two post that really did nothing to make me have an alignment read so the posts could go either way aka a null read. 5. Nothing on sword. Did that post about having IRL difficulties that didn't give a read on him. Null. 6. JTM is null now. I have a slight town lean for read on you Spiff and the thing he did about meta things at the beginning. But hate his two mafia leans so it makes me think he is null.

49. Bookmark ISO #49

50. Bookmark ISO #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Zack (#49)
    ##Vote DaveDob
    yeah there's a reason and yeah it's dumb