UTC-08:00
    Community
    mtgs
  2. Bookmark ISO #1852
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    AnimeBase

Firstly, some words for my Mentor, you are the best I could wish to have, thank you for teaching me. I had a great time chatting and learning from you.
    And because my main site is an anime site i'll tell you in anime style :
    Thank you, arigatou gozaimasu Sensei!
    If you want to reveal our convo, please don't

Mill Crab, congrats you completely changed my mind at one moment and from that moment i didn"t see you as scum.
    Is my loss.
    About your packmate The Lukundo i expect some appologies.

Thank you for the game.

3. Bookmark ISO #1853
    Timezone
    UTC±00:00
    Community
    Hattrick.org (England)
    Was great fun being part of the game while it lasted. Hope to play with some of you again in the near future.

Well done to @Mill Crab and @Lukundo.

Well done boys. Sorry I could not be around for the end.

4. Bookmark ISO #1854
    Community
    ToS
    AKA
    Chem, Mist, Roxas, Wind

Why was I lynched

5. Bookmark ISO #1855
    Community
    MafiaManiac
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemist1422 (#1854)
    >:^(

Why was I lynched

6. Bookmark ISO #1856
    Community
    MafiaManiac
    I AM SORRY GUYS Mill Crab had salt and Michelle pocketed so all I could do was hope/try to convince myself that kears was mafia :'(
    Told you warren's eod wasn't scummy xd

7. Bookmark ISO #1857
    Timezone
    Community
    AnimeBase
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lukundo (#209)
    We needed to kill Michelle.
    Elementary...

8. Bookmark ISO #1858
    Community
    ToS
    AKA
    Chem, Mist, Roxas, Wind

Me/Vigg chat

Really not a lot there, we had timezone issues so we couldn't talk much

9. Bookmark ISO #1859
    Community
    MiniMafia // Smogon
    I'm personally curious what the mentor/mentee pairs were, almost more than their chats

10. Bookmark ISO #1860
    Timezone
    UTC-06:00
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    Post-game thoughts/thanks/condolences. Sorry this turned into a massive wall.

@Chemist1422, @warren42, @Garden Gnome, @kears123 my condolences for being the mislynches this game. Even though it was my job to get town lynched this game, I still feel bad when townies die. I'd love to play with you again when we're on the same team.

@Insaner you were super towny and I thought you played well/had a good process while you were alive. You had me pegged right away and forced me to do some quick thinking to fight you off.

@bbt @Michelle I was terrified of you for basically the whole game. bbt, you were obviously towny from your first question, and I was always afraid that you were going to drop a case on one of us and blow us out of the water. Your process and thoughts were clear, and I think you're well on your way to being a great town player. Michelle, you catching Enoch the way you did was super impressive and was something I had never seen before. I wasn't feeling good about MYLO at all until you said you were with me and even then you showed a good amount of paranoia until the end, which really kept me on my toes.

@senorsalt you had some very good night action choices and played your role well. If we hadn't figured you out D2, you would have screwed us over again with the save on DT. I really liked your Tracker soft and thought it was a slick way to try and throw off the scent.

@sheepsaysmeep my dude, you did great. I didn't realize you were the role cop until after we lynched GG and I had tied myself to you. You hid your check well, I thought you had just picked up on salt's soft like I did. Little did I know how well EOD3 would work out.

@DoubtingThomas the first word out of my mouth after seeing you sub in was "$#@!". You had the 100% read on me and you had to die because Luk and I thought you would relentlessly hound me and would get to Luk. You being the vig was a lucky break on our end. We really need to stop ending up on the opposite end of the rand. XD

A huge thank you to @SmartBomb for hosting and @Arapocalypse for jumping in. There was a lot of weird $#@! that they had to deal with: a co-host and mentor being banned, having to deal with a modkill, and subbing out my 0-posting partners. You guys handled it extremely well, and I'm thankful for the work you guys did.

Double thanks to my teammates, @The Lukundo and @Enoch Kaine. Thank you for subbing in, and thank you for being a great wolf team to work with. We did our jobs well, got townies lynched, and ran enough interference to keep us from being tied together and getting lynched. It was a fun first experience for me and I'd be happy to wolf with you both again.

Finally a big thank you to @t om. He helped calm my nerves, gave me direction on where to go and course corrected when I was drifting into tmi territory or would start getting excited/pushy, especially in MYLO. He was partially my rock D2 when work was on fire and I was being pushed, and my WIM had hit rock bottom. He also helped remind me that in the end this was a team game, and he helped get our team gelling and working together and not just with each other. He was a great mentor and helped me embrace the looser side of the game.

Random thoughts on the wild ride that was EOD3/N3. By the time EOD3 rolled around, I felt that my time in the game was limited. I had a poor D2 and D3 wasn't going much better. I had just read Manti's article on open wolfing, though, and decided to fully embrace it. My best read on sheep at the time was he was maybe the 1-shot who had his shot on warren stopped, so I decided to just say $#@! it, push hard for GG's lynch, and try to make it obvious that sheep and I were teamed together and I was trying to push him. I was at peace with my decision, then Enoch got modkilled. And then when I reread sheep I realized he was probably the role cop because of how he flipped on salt before salt starting softing his save. At that point there was no way the one mislynch I had tied myself to was going to go through, and we were unexpectedly down a wolf. We felt we had to stay the course though because DT was going to be out to see me hang, so we basically had to hope for a miracle. Boy, did that deliver. I don't know how the hell the game would've turned out if DT wasn't the vig, or if he didn't shoot sheep, or if we didn't stop salt's save, but the N3 results were basically the best we could have possibly hoped for. That night was probably one of the wildest 24 hours of mafia I've ever experienced.

Why was I in this game? I saw that question floating around in DVC and I have no problem talking about it here. Quas did reach out to me to mentor before he realized I was on SB's original list and still wanted to be in the game. I think I have some strengths in my town game (mainly clear and obvious thought processes that show the thread I'm a villager), but I felt there were always areas to improve in. And while I probably don't have the time to fully dedicate to getting to the caliber of Newcomb, that's the goal I aspire to; being obviously town and correctly finding wolves. The fact that so many people were confused why I was in the game instead of mentoring was a surprise to me, and frankly humbling. I've been here a little over a year and have played in like 10 games, and it was an eye opener to me seeing several people had a high opinion of my town game. It's something I'm going to take to heart, and try to be less hard on myself for my play. But I was really, really hoping to rand wolf and play my first wolf game with a guaranteed experienced player to help me out. There were so many unknowns there, and I had no idea what I was even good at or needed to work on. I've never fake solved before, I've never actively hunted PRs before, I've never worked from the POV of having most of the information and what to do with that. I've never had to think about distancing/bussing. So I was so happy when I saw my role PM and knew I was going to get the chance to flex those muscles. Turns out I'm a halfway decent wolf player and can PR hunt pretty well (I should probably add that to my town game so I don't accidentally push the wrong players XD). I think I got away with a lot of really wolfy stuff, and I felt I should have absolutely been lynched, so I know there's still plenty of room for improvement there too.

This was a great game for me to play, and I'm thankful to have had the opportunity to play in it.

11. Bookmark ISO #1861
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    Personality Cafe
    AKA
    Gnome, Gnomey
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Dear @SmartBomb and @Arapocalypse, thank you for the game. I signed up for a mentor game because of my dramatic insecurity about reading other players. It seems that my reads list are a direct route to my untimely demise.

I will admit that, when I saw the role that I had randed, I nearly started to cry. VANILLA TOWN!!!! The hardest mafia role for me to handle. No team and no information. Playing alone is hard for me. I'm a team player and I function best with a team.

But... I wasn't alone! I had a great mentor to talk to, who really helped me to understand the game, despite that VERY SAD rand. @moth, I am so grateful to you. You taught me so much! I can't thank you enough for the time and energy that you devoted to being my mentor, my guide, and my friend.

Randing my LEAST FAVORITE role was probably one of the best things that could have happened. I had to try to read the players because I was sadly clueless. Moth discovered that I go through my entire thought process behind the scenes, where no one can see it and he encouraged me to share more of it so as to create more transparency. I have always felt shy about it.

I had to play part of the game in the Dead Thread because... well... I was dead. My lynch was led by scum because I tend to play scummier than scum... but... well... it was a good game. I'm happy that I joined it. congratulations, scum, well played.

thank you, Moth! You helped me build confidence which, in the end, is better than winning!

12. Bookmark ISO #1862
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Hated being doc, i legit had to try and stay lurking to avoid being found out and lynched. That was the hard part then when i knew i got blocked i knew i was most likely dead next day.

curious would michelle have been alternate target? @Mill Crab

13. Bookmark ISO #1863
    Community
    MafiaManiac
    Quote Originally Posted by senorsalt (#1862)
    Hated being doc, i legit had to try and stay lurking to avoid being found out and lynched. That was the hard part then when i knew i got blocked i knew i was most likely dead next day.

Well you were really on point with your saves so I wouldn't feel bad about it! \o/

Just don't soft your result so hard next time xd

14. Bookmark ISO #1864
    Timezone
    Community
    Mafia Universe

Playing as a PR is tough. Especially an important one like the doctor.

An alternate target for a night kill, or an alternate target to try and get lynched?

15. Bookmark ISO #1865
    Timezone
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    Quote Originally Posted by Insaner (#1863)

Well you were really on point with your saves so I wouldn't feel bad about it! \o/

Just don't soft your result so hard next time xd
    No kidding! If DT got saved we would've been screwed.

16. Bookmark ISO #1866
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Mill Crab (#1864)

An alternate target for a night kill, or an alternate target to try and get lynched?

alternate target for nightkill

17. Bookmark ISO #1867
    Timezone
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    Quote Originally Posted by senorsalt (#1866)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mill Crab (#1864)

alternate target for nightkill
    Ah. We couldn't roleblock you two nights in a row so you were always the last nightkill.

18. Bookmark ISO #1868
    Hype! Arapocalypse's Avatar Discord Moderator
    Community
    Mafia Games Discord
    AKA
    Ara
    Quote Originally Posted by Empoof (#1859)
    I'm personally curious what the mentor/mentee pairs were, almost more than their chats
    Mentor/mentee pairs are in the graveyard!!

19. Bookmark ISO #1869
    Community
    2+2 and PokerNet
    AKA
    VigGOAT
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemist1422 (#1858)
    https://discord.gg/3j2hEQ

Me/Vigg chat

Really not a lot there, we had timezone issues so we couldn't talk much
    Shout out to my boy Chemtrail, I was sad to see him lynched and I felt like he was getting more villagery posts out as eod came closer

I think it was a great idea with this mentor thing and I felt like we had a good chat when we were finally there at the same time (though it didn't happen often). Perhaps if the game is repeated in the future it would be an idea to consider people's timezones when sorting them, insofar it is possible to match people. Because it feels very difficult to guide and comment on play if you aren't talking about it more so than just one person talking, other person reading and responding hours later, then first person reading and responding.

20. Bookmark ISO #1870
    Timezone
    Community
    Personality Cafe
    AKA
    Gnome, Gnomey
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Haha! Enoch Kaine tried jailing me! I was taking a nap (VT) and he didn't know it.

21. Bookmark ISO #1871
    Timezone
    Community
    Personality Cafe
    AKA
    Gnome, Gnomey
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself

22. Bookmark ISO #1872
    Timezone
    Community
    AnimeBase
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Gnome (#1870)
    Just checking over the scum chat.
    Haha! Enoch Kaine tried jailing me! I was taking a nap (VT) and he didn't know it.
    The scum chat is very good to read and a good lesson for all of us.
    Your lynch was very sad for me and it was the only EoD when i slept like a brick.. reading in the morning i knew you were town before the lynch result and I was sorry I voted for you like a sheep. After a while i understood how to use the site better and even woke up at 3 am to be here at EoD.
    I am glad that you are in the Music Mash, see you there ^^

23. Bookmark ISO #1873
    Timezone
    Community
    Personality Cafe
    AKA
    Gnome, Gnomey
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle (#1872)
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Gnome (#1870)
    Just checking over the scum chat.
    The scum chat is very good to read and a good lesson for all of us.
    Your lynch was very sad for me and it was the only EoD when i slept like a brick.. reading in the morning i knew you were town before the lynch result and I was sorry I voted for you like a sheep. After a while i understood how to use the site better and even woke up at 3 am to be here at EoD.
    I am glad that you are in the Music Mash, see you there ^^
    Waking up at 3 a.m. is real dedication!