Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mafia Universe Awards 2018 - Voting/Discussion Thread [VOTING ENDS JANUARY 21]

1. ISO #51
    Timezone
    UTC-08:00
    Community
    Mafia451.com

2. ISO #52
    Timezone
    UTC+01:00
    Community
    Forum Paradox
    Did I win yet?
    Next week the earliest.

3. ISO #53
    ༼ つ ;-; ༽つ give smith another day mhsmith0's Avatar Game Manager
    Timezone
    UTC-07:00
    Community
    PlayDiplomacy, MafiaScum
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Wait, Anni 2018 is an option for best town mash performance now? I thought that wasn't going to be allowed.

Uh in the immediate aftermath my thought was it shouldn't be on the table anyway because we lost, but let's be real, that was one of the best villages MU has ever seen.
    I think one of the legitimately funniest part of that game was that not only were a majority of town's ITA shots made against antitown, a majority of ANTITOWN ITA shots were made against other antitown (and that was also true of a majority of wolves' shots [lots went against 3p] and a majority of 3p shots [lots went against wolves] ).

I don't really have stats for other mashes since it's hard to compile (and at any rate there aren't really a lot of multiball mashes but I remember thinking that was basically insane.

And yeah it's overall the best overall town in a mash I've seen in a game I was part of (including spec'ing), and I can't really think of any others that really came all that close.
    Life is simply unfair... don't you think?
    http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=mhsmith0

BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me

4. ISO #54
    Quote Originally Posted by mhsmith0 (#59)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shad (#51)
    Wait, Anni 2018 is an option for best town mash performance now? I thought that wasn't going to be allowed.

Uh in the immediate aftermath my thought was it shouldn't be on the table anyway because we lost, but let's be real, that was one of the best villages MU has ever seen.
    I think one of the legitimately funniest part of that game was that not only were a majority of town's ITA shots made against antitown, a majority of ANTITOWN ITA shots were made against other antitown (and that was also true of a majority of wolves' shots [lots went against 3p] and a majority of 3p shots [lots went against wolves] ).

I don't really have stats for other mashes since it's hard to compile (and at any rate there aren't really a lot of multiball mashes but I remember thinking that was basically insane.

And yeah it's overall the best overall town in a mash I've seen in a game I was part of (including spec'ing), and I can't really think of any others that really came all that close.
    Just thinking back to stuff like Bear's(Rip) case against NAW, where he found the last deep wolf who a lot of the town was starting to defend. When town had the top 4/5 wagons on day one all being scum. The town almost having a perfect ITA session. Even though the game drove me mad and had infuriating factors, the town went above and beyond every expectation from rand.

5. ISO #55
    Community
    webdip and chill
    AKA
    moms meatloaf
    Did I win yet?
    Yes. I think you are far and away the best scum player in the world, not just mu.
    This is shaping up to be a weird game. We got the clergy, moth cosplaying as a nervous teenager, and a guy who compulsively showers every 4 posts.
    -Duk3star in Mafia Prom 2

6. ISO #56
    Timezone
    Community
    Mafia451.com
    Quote Originally Posted by DS (#57)
    Did I win yet?
    Yes. I think you are far and away the best scum player in the world, not just mu.
    arigato gozaimasu!

in before another award slips through my grasp

7. ISO #57
    Wants It Most Apoc's Avatar Game Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Phighter (#37)
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoc (#36)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2018 MU Awards (#1)
    Newcomb in Mountainous Arson
    Nominated by: GeneralHankerchief
    Seconded by: Cory
    Description:
    When Newcomb subbed in a bit after Start of D4, he did so in a lost game. Town was one mislynch away from LYLO, and they were absolutely divided with no cohesion whatsoever. It was a cakewalk for the wolves. On Newcomb's first post, he dropped a reads list that had a game-winning POE despite the town's handicap. Over the next twelve hours he managed to cobble together a functioning town core for the first time all game and took the lead in correctly sniffing out the entire team without a single mistake. I have never seen the win probability in a game change that greatly, that quickly.

Two correct lynches together and the last wolf had no hope of ever winning, having to concede. The game literally turned around upon Newcomb's sub-in.
    Shouldnt this be in best sub award?
    It's in both

he was THAT good imo
    Well there's quite a diff between subbing and ppaying a game from d1 imo

I personally hate it when a good villager subs into a game im wolfing, because up to that point i KNEW i could get away with certain things i would never have dared post if someone like sunbae/newcomb/etc were there from the start

Iykwim

8. ISO #58
    As a wolf, only be as villagery as you have to be

How villagery that is, depends on the player list

Subbing is a necessary evil, but sometimes it still sucks when it changes the dynamic of the game too much
    Last edited by Apoc; January 12th, 2019 at 06:34 AM.

9. ISO #59
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    AKA
    scrambledwowee
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantichora (#55)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shad (#53)
    Quote Originally Posted by tane (#1436)
    I've got a keyboard now bitches

TIME TO R O L L O U T R O L L O U T R O L L O U T

@Slaan about to get whats copming for him

MOTHER $#@!ING CALL OUT TIME D E H U M AN I Z E Y O U R S E L F A N D F A C E T H E B L O O D S H E DD E H U M AN I Z E Y O U R S E L F THIS IS A CALL OUT POST

HIDE YOUR PETS . . .

HIDE YOUR LOVED ONES . . .

SOMEONE'S ABOUT TO GET OWNED . . .

@Slaan
    @Slaan
    @Slaan

Quote Originally Posted by Slaan (#214)
    sup
    HAH "SUP" ??? More like "DUCK" !

Cause you play WW like a duck! Ducks can't even type they're ass at this game hahahaha

#totalannihilation
    the hero we needed but not the one we deserve
    this is why im not voting

10. ISO #60
    Question, does wolfy getting permanently banned remove the wolfman hydra from eligibility for the awards (since I, the other head, am not banned)?

11. ISO #61
    Season 5 Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Timezone
    Community
    Totalwar.org (The Org)
    AKA
    GH, Fuchs
    Quote Originally Posted by EvanManManMan (#61)
    Question, does wolfy getting permanently banned remove the wolfman hydra from eligibility for the awards (since I, the other head, am not banned)?
    No, if that one won (or if his hydra with wiggles did), you or wiggles as well as the hydra account itself would still receive the award.
    Lenny - Today at 10:08 AM
    Atpg sometimes the paragraphs you write are pretty good

Looking to waste an afternoon? Vamos Cartagena - Football Manager 2018 AAR (in progress)

12. ISO #62
    Timezone
    Community
    Totalwar.org (The Org)
    AKA
    GH, Fuchs
    Basically if the award was a cooperative venture (best hydra, best mash if it's cohosted, etc) I'm not going to punish the people who weren't banned.

Looking to waste an afternoon? Vamos Cartagena - Football Manager 2018 AAR (in progress)

13. ISO #63

14. ISO #64
    Mantichora's Avatar Game Manager
    Community
    MiniMafia
    The Most Improved Player of 2018

@sheepsaysmeep is lynched at some point in nearly half of the games he has played. His favorite role is "D1 Suicidal Townie". He has an overall 29% winrate on MU. When playing as the Mafia alignment he has only ever survived to endgame twice -- he is almost always lynched at some point when playing as mafia. Despite all of this he is far and away the most improved player on the site, and exactly the reason this category exists.

He started playing in Q4 last year with a 0% winrate going into 2018. Some might think one would be discouraged with a record like that, but he just kept trying. The fact of the matter is Sheep wants to get better at the game. The thing that sets Sheep apart from other players is this want.

In my eyes, he's gone from a forgettable player that I would probably just mislynch for free as mafia, or kill day one or two as town just to get out of the game, to a respectable player who can actually have an impact on the game and someone 100% worth having in the game.

I'm sure if he keeps going at the game the way he is, he will eventually become a Werewolf Titan.

15. ISO #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantichora (#65)
    sheepsaysmeep
    The Most Improved Player of 2018

@sheepsaysmeep is lynched at some point in nearly half of the games he has played. His favorite role is "D1 Suicidal Townie". He has an overall 29% winrate on MU. When playing as the Mafia alignment he has only ever survived to endgame twice -- he is almost always lynched at some point when playing as mafia. Despite all of this he is far and away the most improved player on the site, and exactly the reason this category exists.

He started playing in Q4 last year with a 0% winrate going into 2018. Some might think one would be discouraged with a record like that, but he just kept trying. The fact of the matter is Sheep wants to get better at the game. The thing that sets Sheep apart from other players is this want.

In my eyes, he's gone from a forgettable player that I would probably just mislynch for free as mafia, or kill day one or two as town just to get out of the game, to a respectable player who can actually have an impact on the game and someone 100% worth having in the game.

I'm sure if he keeps going at the game the way he is, he will eventually become a Werewolf Titan.
    To echo this, he used to be a free pocket/mislynch for wolves.

He has gotten much better at being able to correctly "sheep" me when I am villager, and backstabbing me as when I am wolf, not falling for my pocket attempts. He is very capable of forming good reads on a consistent basis.

I think he has definitely gotten a lot better, and if he trusts in his reads and becomes a little more vocal can be a very solid player.

16. ISO #66
    Community
    webdip and chill
    AKA
    moms meatloaf
    Scarlett deserves an award for Longest Night. she took down an entire scumteam by herself. And one of those scum was me. This is not just a town stomp this was a scarlett stomp
    This is shaping up to be a weird game. We got the clergy, moth cosplaying as a nervous teenager, and a guy who compulsively showers every 4 posts.

17. ISO #67
    Community
    webdip and chill
    AKA
    moms meatloaf
    I also wanna reiterate just how truly exceptional the scumteam was in Restless Communication start of 2018. It was a great game, wolfteam of Ara, Manti, Abean and brainbomb won flawlessly against an elite cadre of town players including bopolis, markoraj, wiggles, zara, jaleb, cemeteries, and zack

18. ISO #68
    Community
    webdip and chill
    AKA
    moms meatloaf
    I also wanna reiterate just how truly exceptional the scumteam was in Restless Communication start of 2018. It was a great game, wolfteam of Ara, Manti, Abean and brainbomb won flawlessly against an elite cadre of town players including bopolis, markoraj, wiggles, zara, jaleb, cemeteries, and zack
    unfortunately game thread no longer exists

19. ISO #69
    Timezone
    Community
    Totalwar.org (The Org)
    AKA
    GH, Fuchs
    You have one week remaining to submit your votes.

20. ISO #70
    Timezone
    Community
    Hypixel
    AKA
    Jinx
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    “An elite cadre of town players”

Why am I on this list

21. ISO #71
    Community
    webdip and chill
    AKA
    moms meatloaf
    Quote Originally Posted by Cemeteries (#71)
    Quote Originally Posted by moth (#68)
    “An elite cadre of town players”

Why am I on this list
    you arent bad

22. ISO #72
    You are allowed to vote for yourself.
    why is this a thing

wat

23. ISO #73
    tokophobe lute's Avatar Head Moderator
    Timezone
    Community
    Other Games
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    THE RULES:
    why is this a thing

wat
    apoc please I need 1 vote for my self esteem don't do this to me
    "THERE ARE NO INNOCENTS! Not anymore! Any one of them could have stood up and said, 'No, we will not behave like animals anymore!'"

24. ISO #74

I forgot all about Escape from the Barnyard

25. ISO #75
    Am I making you nervous? MarkoRaj's Avatar
    Most of the games I played the opposition got nominated.

Some year
    If some cunt can fuck something up, that cunt will pick the worst possible time to fucking fuck up because that cunt's a cunt.

26. ISO #76
    Lost Weasley Brother Allundberg's Avatar
    Community
    PokerNet
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoc (#73)
    THE RULES:
    why is this a thing

wat
    Apoc just coz you get 500 votes for each category doesnt mean the rest of us do. Give us the joy of getting a vote

27. ISO #77
    ༼ つ ;-; ༽つ give smith another day mhsmith0's Avatar Game Manager
    Timezone
    UTC-07:00
    Community
    PlayDiplomacy, MafiaScum
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkoRaj (#76)
    Most of the games I played the opposition got nominated.

Some year
    I mean, it's quite a bit better than losing and NOT having any of the opposition getting nominated tho
    Life is simply unfair... don't you think?
    http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=mhsmith0

BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me

28. ISO #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Allundberg (#77)
    THE RULES:
    why is this a thing

wat
    Apoc just coz you get 500 votes for each category doesnt mean the rest of us do. Give us the joy of getting a vote
    Lol this true ^ I was trying hard to abstain from voting Apoc for every category, I talked to myself: ''no more, there's gotta be others, try to broaden your horizon!''

btw there's no Duke for 2018 so this is a bit upsetting
    Multi-Quote This Message 

29. ISO #79
    Timezone
    Community
    civforum.de
    I just realised - I feel like write-ins should be allowed. That way even after the nominations are over someone can come along and say "oh yea but what about [..]" and if enough ppl agree it gets the award. Like tane and his ridiculous call out post that ended up getting me killed.
    Help save the glorious red panda! There are hardly 2.500 left of them in the wild and their habitat is getting infringed upon as you read this. Help save one of the most unique and cute creatures we have on our planet!

https://www.redpandanetwork.org/

30. ISO #80
    Community
    XHF, MU
    AKA
    Caffrey
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    I just realised - I feel like write-ins should be allowed. That way even after the nominations are over someone can come along and say "oh yea but what about [..]" and if enough ppl agree it gets the award. Like tane and his ridiculous call out post that ended up getting me killed.
    We had 365 days to nominate that
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#233)
    So here's the deal, Champ.

1. Phighter's fucking with you.

31. ISO #81
    Quote Originally Posted by Perplexity (#79)
    Quote Originally Posted by Allundberg (#77)
    THE RULES:
    why is this a thing

wat
    Lol this true ^ I was trying hard to abstain from voting Apoc for every category, I talked to myself: ''no more, there's gotta be others, try to broaden your horizon!''

btw there's no Duke for 2018 so this is a bit upsetting

Rude
    Last edited by Apoc; January 18th, 2019 at 08:01 PM.

32. ISO #82
    Community
    DailyMafia
    @Manasi

I forgot all about Escape from the Barnyard

one of my fav games ever @Apoc
    Quote Originally Posted by Panther (#5393)
    Take note MU the AIDS bar of 2019 is being set HIGH
    Quote Originally Posted by Zack (#24)
    i need more manasi

[5:44 PM] Apoc: just remember that you are a WW legend and you are going to own their souls rn

33. ISO #83
    Community
    Gamefaqs
    Quote Originally Posted by Phighter (#80)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaan (#79)
    think someone forgot to tell ara that...

34. ISO #84
    Timezone
    Community
    Totalwar.org (The Org)
    AKA
    GH, Fuchs
    Exactly three days remain to submit from the time of this post.

35. ISO #85
    Hype! Arapocalypse's Avatar Discord Moderator
    Community
    Mafia Games Discord
    AKA
    Ara
    think someone forgot to tell ara that...
    I was fully aware of that!!

Nominations for this year will be a bit more spread out, however!!!!

Message a ghost at Arapocalypse#0834!

[3:54 AM] smartbom: please tell me more about these hentais

36. ISO #86
    Actually I got nkd n1 in *all* of those games

Maybe that's the key to success 😉
    Last edited by MarkoRaj; January 19th, 2019 at 09:28 AM.
    If some cunt can fuck something up, that cunt will pick the worst possible time to fucking fuck up because that cunt's a cunt.

37. ISO #87
    Timezone
    Community
    civforum.de
    Help save the glorious red panda! There are hardly 2.500 left of them in the wild and their habitat is getting infringed upon as you read this. Help save one of the most unique and cute creatures we have on our planet!

https://www.redpandanetwork.org/

38. ISO #88
    Community
    MiniMafia // Smogon
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkoRaj (#86)
    Actually I got nkd n1 in *all* of those games

Maybe that's the key to success 😉
    Voxx GOAT

39. ISO #89
    Oh btw you should vote Lan misa for best rookie

Mafia is a team game and he is a right team player. Sometimes gets a bit demotivated if wrong or feeling helpless but always puts in a right shift as both alignments.

In the sports mash I was organising mafia chat and strategy and had to deal with the likes of Wolfy and tane lolcatting and basically doing whatever they felt like rather than the moves we were discussing. They're both effective tbf, it's just not sustainable for all wolves to be so wild all the time

However Lan misa (with me and smartbomb) was the absolute key to success. Carried out everything I asked of him and more. When my thread credit was running out Lan went and made a superb and believable case on a bro which we both used to continue our domination to the end.

Sorry this is so late, I'm lazy

Actually I'm not sorry

Also you should vote for me for best scum for that game

40. ISO #90
    Community
    webdip and chill
    AKA
    moms meatloaf
    The nightkills in Restless Communication were Zara and Marko. I said we gotta get those 2 out. theyll eat us alive

41. ISO #91
    Timezone
    Community
    Personality Cafe
    AKA
    Gnome, Gnomey
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Quote Originally Posted by EvanManManMan (#61)
    Wolfy is now unbanned.

42. ISO #92

43. ISO #93
    Timezone
    Community
    Totalwar.org (The Org)
    AKA
    GH, Fuchs

44. ISO #94
    Timezone
    Community
    Giant in the Playground

45. ISO #95
    Timezone
    Community
    Totalwar.org (The Org)
    AKA
    GH, Fuchs
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuthalion (#94)
    what's the ETA on reveal
    Wednesday 9:30 PM Eastern (30 minutes after the mash EOD).

Sorry to the Euros who wanted to spectate it live but I'm not doing it concurrently with a mash.

46. ISO #96
    Timezone
    Community
    Forum Paradox
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief (#95)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuthalion (#94)
    what's the ETA on reveal
    Wednesday 9:30 PM Eastern (30 minutes after the mash EOD).

Sorry to the Euros who wanted to spectate it live but I'm not doing it concurrently with a mash.
    European discrimination!!!!

47. ISO #97
    Community
    webdip and chill
    AKA
    moms meatloaf

48. ISO #98
    Lost Weasley Brother Allundberg's Avatar
    Community
    PokerNet
    I voted on Time. gj myself

49. ISO #99
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    Voting for the 2018 MU Awards is now closed. Thank you everyone for your participation!

Please tune in for the live reveal on Wednesday, January 23rd at 9:30 PM US Eastern time (30 minutes after EOD in Music Mash)!