Neoseeker
    AKA
    owned, Mikan
    @SilverKeith's on the clock by the way.

2. ISO #552
    Mantichora's Avatar Game Manager
    Community
    MiniMafia
    I don't need votes. My team has by far the most power. The other teams are just jealous of my innovation.

3. ISO #553
    Always 3p SmartBomb's Avatar Moderator
    Timezone
    UTC+13:00
    Community
    Neoseeker
    AKA
    owned, Mikan
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantichora (#552)
    I don't need votes. My team has by far the most power. The other teams are just jealous of my innovation.
    You didn't take chesskid so I strongly doubt your team could have as much power as they could have.
    Last edited by SmartBomb; February 13th, 2019 at 08:11 AM. Reason: changed undrafted spoiler

4. ISO #554
    Hype! Arapocalypse's Avatar Discord Moderator
    Community
    Mafia Games Discord
    AKA
    Ara
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantichora (#544)
    The Greatest Steal in Werewolf Draft History

When I joined the werewolf draft I did not expect that I would be forced to wolf. Why would I be forced to hide in something like this? I suppose it should be obvious that I should hide who I am trying to pick. Implying I would not draft a banned player to get Bearsquared. Memeing a FrozenAngel pick to hide my intention of taking Scare. Taking dark horses for the sake of spice. Spice, hiding something very important about my draft.

Who am I slotting into Best Overall?

After I took Bearsquared Duke tipped his hand to me.

This was a key piece of information for me. I couldn't have him stealing my spice. Spice is my only chance of winning this draft. "The spice must flow". From the very beginning -- nay, from before the start of the draft -- I knew who I was going to 9th pick.

Of course, why would Mantichora not be confident in his memes? In the sheer power of his memes. In the spice, the legendary spice. A GOAT pick for a GOAT drafter.
    As we can see, the self control from Mantichora, not taking this GOAT trade deal in the first round. He waited all the way to the final round to take that amazing pick. That patience. Waiting. Meticulous.
    Now, the real question is: does my final pick violate the rules?
    Perhaps my pick will be thought of as revolutionary. Perhaps it will be thought of illegal. I am never rescinding this pick.
    I am picking the greatest account on the site.
    The most powerful account on the site.
    They won an award.
    They won their game.
    The only truly unique account on the site.
    THEY NEED NO INTRODUCTION
    FIVE-STAR MEN
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message a ghost at Arapocalypse#0834!

Why wouldn't there be handcuffs?

5. ISO #555
    Shine Bright Duk3fans Duk3star's Avatar Head Moderator
    Timezone
    UTC-08:00
    Community
    MiniMafia
    AKA
    Duke
    Insecurity 1

6. ISO #556
    Timezone
    Community
    MiniMafia
    AKA
    Duke
    Quote Originally Posted by Duk3star (#555)
    Insecurity 1
    As always,

Shine Bright duk3fans

7. ISO #557
    Community
    MiniMafia
    Quote Originally Posted by Duk3star (#555)
    Insecurity 1
    Baby 2

8. ISO #558
    Timezone
    UTC-03:00
    Community
    MafiaLandia
    rip me cause I still have some writeups to do

For their final pick, the Bread Buyers are going with...

hey_monkey!

But please don't change the channel cause there's a spicy surprise coming up next!

9. ISO #559
    Timezone
    Community
    MafiaLandia

10. ISO #560
    alive & amplified Ampharos's Avatar Administrator
    Timezone
    UTC-06:00
    Community
    Smogon | Serenes Forest | EIMM
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself

the myth

the legend

Thingyman.

@EvanManManMan
    DM Ampharos#1651 on Discord with any suggestions/comments/complaints/unwarranted compliments
    [6:42 AM] Makaze: people unironically liking amy's themes is tilting

11. ISO #561
    Hype! Arapocalypse's Avatar Discord Moderator
    Community
    Mafia Games Discord
    AKA
    Ara
    Message a ghost at Arapocalypse#0834!

Why wouldn't there be handcuffs?

12. ISO #562
    Keith and I have made a trade

Boquise for RadiantCowbells

My pick will go up at eventually o'clock

13. ISO #563
    Ok

Final pick of the draft

My original round 9 steal (Yoloswag) was taken so I had to go for somebody else

And I thought of this person

And how they have a brilliant mind and are honestly a really good player, but have virtually no recognition here

Let me go into detail

I was first introduced to this player when I first started playing on ToS. You could tell that they knew what they were doing, and I almost instantly saw them as somebody I wanted to be like. Their aggro style combined with their mind tricks put wolves into a pressure position that was very difficult for them to escape. Their wolf play also inspired me and likely lead to my wolf game being as good as it is today. I mean, who the hell claims retributionist as a wolf and then gets away with it? Yeah I doubt you can find anybody else that can do that.

About a year, plenty of wolf offs, and a good ampunt of time in communication, I'm still equally as impressed with them. Now I know how their mind works. They lay traps when they play mafia to try and bait people into falling into false game state assumptions and makes reads that way. They lie as town, but it works. They have full control of their play and handle situations in a proactive way as opposed to a reactive way. It's extremely clever and nobody else I know plays this way.

You can say that their play is on a whole other level

They are one of the most formidable mafia players I've met yet their talent is way unappreciated

For round 9
    The young bouls
    Are glad to steal
    Elijah
    AKA Killthestory

14. ISO #564
    Season 5 Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    Totalwar.org (The Org)
    AKA
    GH, Fuchs
    THE FINAL PICK OF THE DRAFT WILL BE POSTED AT :00.
    Lenny - Today at 10:08 AM
    Atpg sometimes the paragraphs you write are pretty good

15. ISO #565
    Community
    murdermystery@gmail
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief (#564)
    THE FINAL PICK OF THE DRAFT WILL BE POSTED AT :00.
    Please let it be [undrafted]

16. ISO #566
    Community
    MiniMafia
    Quote Originally Posted by EvanManManMan (#563)
    Ok

Final pick of the draft

And how they have a brilliant mind and are honestly a really good player, but have virtually no recognition here

Let me go into detail

I was first introduced to this player when I first started playing on ToS. You could tell that they knew what they were doing, and I almost instantly saw them as somebody I wanted to be like. Their aggro style combined with their mind tricks put wolves into a pressure position that was very difficult for them to escape. Their wolf play also inspired me and likely lead to my wolf game being as good as it is today. I mean, who the hell claims retributionist as a wolf and then gets away with it? Yeah I doubt you can find anybody else that can do that.

About a year, plenty of wolf offs, and a good ampunt of time in communication, I'm still equally as impressed with them. Now I know how their mind works. They lay traps when they play mafia to try and bait people into falling into false game state assumptions and makes reads that way. They lie as town, but it works. They have full control of their play and handle situations in a proactive way as opposed to a reactive way. It's extremely clever and nobody else I know plays this way.

They are one of the most formidable mafia players I've met yet their talent is way unappreciated

For round 9
    The young bouls
    Are glad to steal
    Elijah
    AKA Killthestory
    Some say the use of telepathy should be banned on MU.

17. ISO #567
    Final postings:

Overall: Empoof
    Town: WhiskeyJack, SwedishSkumbag
    Wolves: Lissa, BATMAN
    Most enjoyable: Lute
    Mechanical: Beck
    Superflex #1 Rising Star: Mill Crab
    Superflex #2 Enjoyable/Best Gifs : Tane

@tane @Mill Crab @Beck @lute @BATMAN @Lissa @swediskskumbag @Whiskeyjack @Empoof
    "They'll come up with all sorts of reasons to avoid the wolf wagons if we let them." Dels, mafia chat, Not an Anime Mash

18. ISO #568
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantichora (#566)
    Quote Originally Posted by EvanManManMan (#563)
    Ok

Final pick of the draft

Let me go into detail

For round 9
    The young bouls
    Are glad to steal
    Elijah
    AKA Killthestory
    Some say the use of telepathy should be banned on MU.
    I mean they kicked him off of ToS for being too strong

19. ISO #569
    Timezone
    Community
    Totalwar.org (The Org)
    AKA
    GH, Fuchs
    My final pick is someone that anyone versed in MU history is familiar with. If you're a newer member to the site and don't recognize the name, that's ok, they haven't been around much in 2018 - at least, on the surface. Regardless, even if you are familiar with this person, you are almost certainly unaware of this person's TRUE story, the story which I will now reveal to the world. It has taken all of my powers as a student of history as well as deep connections I have forged around the world via my trips to Europe and various interactions over the internet since 2006 to bring you the full story of this person's exploits. I have spent some of my own money. I have called in many favors. I've even performed favors of my own, some of which required a long shower immediately afterwards. But it has all been worth it to expose this person for who they really are.

So, you ask, who is it? Well, it's someone who has been on the site since the very beginning, or near enough. Joining July 2015, they are the 136th person to register an account on MU, not counting alts or the default Administrator account automatically generated whenever a new forum is set up on vbulletin. Who could it be, though? A good question. After all, most people from that era of MU are either long off the board (Lissa, Panther, etc), ineligible for inactivity reasons (Stork, Askthepizzaguy), revealed to be an early-stage program created by Roy (Revival), or permanently banned (Yates, ShipItUp). And yet, this person remains, eligible yet untaken. Why?

Well, I'll tell you why. It's because, traditionally, this person's skill at mafia has been something of, shall we say, a topic of discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Anniversary (#36818)
    MU Anniversary 2017 - Role PM

Hello wish granted, you are Alette, the Town Free Dead Villager. You are known for being impossible to understand and getting yourself mis-lynched, so we've decided to help you out.

i) CFD, Vote Alette, ???, PROFIT! - Should you ever reach 30% of the total votes (rounded down) at 7:00p ET, you will be Host-revealed in the Game Thread as a “Town”.

Should you claim or in any way hint to any part of your role, you will become a Vanilla Townie.

Should you manage to make it to Day 5 without activating this action, you will be considered a success and you will lose this power in exchange for a One-Shot Peek.

Best of luck to you!

---

Yes, Alette. The longtime MU regular, promoted to Community Contributor in 2017, the ultimate avatar of chaos and she with the horrible taste in characters from a certain murder mystery visual novel series. At one time, she topped the MU database for lynch and mislynch percentage. Her inner Aletteness transcended space and time and even onto her alts, where she regularly got lynched and ITA'd as recently as late 2017 regardless of whatever account she was playing under (Nauls, in The Thing; Gundham Tanaka in the Danganronpa Mash). She was The Free Dead Villager you hoped to have as a wolf and time more often than not, she delivered on the eternal promise.

Even in September 2018, long after she mostly disappeared from the site, her legend was still being referred to and used as a comparison point for awkward posting on a stage no less grand than the Mafia Championship Finale:

Quote Originally Posted by Zack (#5931)
    Quote Originally Posted by Violet (#5926)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paratroopa (#5916)
    Quote Originally Posted by Violet (#5906)
    Of the wagons in game now, I have to gowith Five for now. This is mostly just gut feeling of Boq being town, but I could easily see a wolf following GH whatever his alignment is, and because of the "suggest slight adjustments if it's fine", because it does sound way too pleasing as other's have pointed out.

##Vote Five
    I'm a touch surprised you didn't vote for me
    Your approach to D2 seems very unlikely for a wolf now that I have considered it more.

this feels like alette-posting

---

As for Alette's 2018 itself? Well, there's not really much to say. In terms of long games, she played exactly one: Badfellas, the MU staff game, back in January of that year. Now, as you may recall, that game recently won the award for best team town performance in a small game, and Alette did in fact rand town in that game. However, she, uh, was the only town-controlled death in the entire game who wasn't a wolf (she was the N2 vig shot).

That said, I need to clear a few things up about that game. First off, her reads were just as good as anyone else's in that game. She just wasn't listened to, and it wasn't her fault. This leads into my second point: 90% of why she died in that game was because she got meme'd on pregame by people saying they were gonna D1 lynch her no matter what. The result was that she ate something like 5-6 joke votes right out of the gate and that warped people's perceptions of her right from the start. It's hard to dominate when you're constantly on the back foot, and Alette, to her credit, never stopped fighting.

After that death, she was a good sport and hung around in DVC (a very, very underrated trait of Alette's is that, despite all the $#@! that gets thrown her way, she never ceases to be a good sport and is without fail a pleasant player who I'd always rather have in the game than people who are perceived "better players" but don't have the best personality). And then, once it was over, she disappeared. Oh, she laid her tracks well, doing it gradually, claiming pressures of real life and being a college student taking priority, never bowing out all at once, but there's a reason that newer people might not know her. She's definitely not as much of a presence as she used to be.

At least, that's what she wants you to believe.

---

What actually happened is a far more sinister tale, and one that I have spent the bulk of my time in recent days trying to uncover.

You see, after Badfellas, something snapped in Alette. Everyone has a breaking point, and Alette had hit hers, being constantly disrespected and having her reads ignored in a game that supposedly consisted of the most empathetic and respectful people on MU. Enough was enough. If these were the people who ran the site, and this was how they treated her, then something was rotten to the core on Mafia Universe. Something had to be done. She would show them. She would show them all.

So, starting in February, Alette dropped everything. Contrary to her public story, this included real life obligations as well, dropping out of college and any real life jobs she had lined up. Instead, she trained. She underwent a rigorous regimen on how to wolf, fully immersing herself in her mission. She consulted past masters such as Sunbae. She studied old games, from legendary team performances like the original Super Smash Bros. mash to herculean individual efforts like Thingy's 1 vs. 16 comeback. She spectated in-progress games and joined up DVCs on undetectable alts.

Her training was physical too, not just mental. Knowing that, much like in chess, the top modern wolves need to be in peak physical condition, Alette designed a fitness routine similar to that of Rocky Balboa whenever he needed to get in shape for a big title bout. And I'm not talking about the junior league routine from Rocky 1 where he merely ate raw eggs, punched some meat, and ran around the city. I'm talking about the Rocky IV routine where he chopped wood in the middle of Siberia in winter, slept in a cabin that provided zero human comfort, and ran up a $#@!ing mountain three days a week. This was Alette's commitment to wolfing.

Below are some top-secret photos of Alette's training regimen, provided to me by an unnamed member of the highest echelon of Russia's government via a connection provided by Roger Stone. Please do not share them beyond the boundaries of this site, for my own personal safety.

After several months of this, by May or June, Alette declared herself ready. She was thus set to put her long-planned revenge against MU and its staff in action.

---

The first step was figuring out where to strike using her newly-developed mafia skills. If she wanted the site truly at her mercy, one of the three admins seemed to be the ideal starting point. She immediately ruled Makaze out, under the principle that Makaze considers himself beyond such human concerns as temptation in his pursuit for the singularity. The next admin at the time was Askthepizzaguy, and while she considered him, Pizza hadn't been around MU much and she deemed him harder to get to, Pizza being a married man and the oldest of the three administrators. That left Thingyman. The founder of the site, and the one who had to personally approve any staff hires. Any inherent flaw in the system had to come from him. Plus, he was easier to get to. Younger than Pizza. More human than Mak. Still single. The symbolism was too good to pass up.

Alette had her man.

She also had her "in". Thingy had been speaking recently on the MU Discord server about this Danish reality show called Married At First Sight and how he was going to try out for it. The general premise of the show, Alette learned, was that couples got matched for compatibility by professional psychologists beforehand. Each couple's first meeting would be their wedding, and they would be obligated to stay together for six weeks before deciding if they wanted to stay married. Thingy, a hopeless romantic, would obviously do everything in his power to make sure that he found the perfect woman and hold on for dear life. All Alette needed to do was tip the scales in her favor a bit.

Her first stop was to Cuba, by way of Mexico City, Medellin, Colombia, and Caracas, Venezuela, the latter of which she briefly commandeered a massive nationwide protest against the Maduro government before abandoning them to their own devices for her own amusement. Once she landed on the Communist-controlled island, Alette took advantage of Cuba's world-famous healthcare system and booked a treatment at the same facility where the bad guys in Die Another Day altered their appearances to avoid detection.

If they could do this in 2002, imagine how they could alter Alette's appearance in 2018!

The reason why this step was necessary in the first place? Some people on MU knew what she looked like through various ways. It would do no good for her plan if people were able to recognize her and warn Thingy about what was happening before her masterstroke was finished. Of particular concern was a moderator named Walrein, who had met her in real life and might have been able to detect her mannerisms under her new identity. She would have to be dealt with at some point.

But for now, Alette was ready for the next stage of her plan. Sporting her new appearance, she faked an ID and booked a flight... this one to Denmark. Her new passport photo, obtained at great effort on my end, is displayed below.

---

Her appearance altered to fit in as a Dane, and armed with a crash Duolingo course in Danish, Alette arrived in Copenhagen and promptly made her way to the DR3 offices and applied to be on Married At First Sight. Utterly taken in by Alette (now calling herself Kathrine) and her newly-honed wolfing skills, the show's producers agreed to have her as a contestant on the spot.

The next step was the quiz. Alette had to be very careful to make sure that her answers matched her with only Thingy, but luckily this proved easier than expected as a disproportionate amount of questions asked about your love of KPop, American reality TV, and amateur comedy. Confident that she would be matched with Thingy, Alette had to take care of loose ends.

By this time, back in the US, Walrein was unemployed after having graduated college and desperate for a job. Hacking into the DR3 offices, Alette posed as an English-language recruiter and offered her a full-time job as a TV editor or gofer or something along those lines, idk exactly what behind the scenes TV jobs consist of. Anyway, as expected, Walrein happily accepted and flew out the very next day.

This turned out to be a greater boon than expected for Alette, as the Danish producers were so impressed with Walrein's skills that they for-real hired her on the spot. She ended up being so busy that she had no time for her MU duties anymore. Not one to let an opportunity like this to pass by without taking advantage of it, Alette quickly created a new account posing as Walrein to maintain continuity: Ampharos.

As luck would have it, "Ampharos" quickly climbed the MU staff ladder, rising first to a Head Moderator and then eventually an Administrator itself. Alette now had control over one account that had admin access to MU, but she was in too deep to stop now. Her revenge would not be complete until the entire site was under her total power. And before this would happen, there had to be a wedding.

---

The wedding was the culmination of six months of incredibly hard work by Alette. All of her skills were tested to the very limit, from her knowledge of the Danish language, to her immersing herself in the personality of "Kathrine", to her wolfing skills (in the form of laughing at Thingy's jokes and appearing interested when he talked about his performance in The Genius - a harder task than it appears). But Alette passed with flying colors. By the end of the night, everyone at the reception could tell that Thingy was smitten with his new bride.

If only he knew.

From there, the couple's whirlwind romance was detailed on Married At First Sight as well as, afterwards, Thingy's personal blog. They "honeymooned" in Edinburgh, eventually Thingy moved into "Kathrine's" apartment in Silkeborg (handily provided by the real Walrein, by now so immersed in a budding Danish smut empire that she had plenty of resources at her disposal to help Alette out), and, after the six weeks passed, stayed married after Thingy re-proposed on national television.

For Thingyman, his life since the summer has been wedded bliss, and as a result he has much less time for MU, the site he founded and helped build from nothing. But for Alette, AKA Kathrine, it's all part of her master plan. Mafia Universe has three administrators: One of them is being kept perpetually distracted, and another is a sock puppet directly controlled by her. Only Makaze stands between her and complete control and the utter destruction that is sure to follow. He stands alone and strong... but will it be enough?

---

I, for one, say no. While I am no longer a staffer on Mafia Universe, I have invested too much time and effort here over the years to see it so comprehensively taken over without doing something about it. I don't know if Makaze, now alerted to the situation, can stop her with the click of a button, or whether it will take a concerted and sustained effort by the entire userbase to bring her down, but now that you are aware of the deception at least we all have hope to save the site.

Now that I've unveiled Alette's master plan, I will be relocating to parts unknown to escape her inevitable wrath, and thus may be unavailable for a while. I will try to check back in while I can, but in the meantime, I figured that I may as well close out the draft with the single greatest sustained, long-term wolfing performance in history. Anyone can wolf for a couple of days or weeks on the internet. Only the greatest and most truly committed, though, can completely immerse themselves in wolfing IRL for months, going on years, at a time. From altering their identity, to learning a different language, to pretending that Thingyman is truly an attractive and charming individual day in and day out (the hardest task of all imo), Alette's 2018 was an absolutely terrifying work of genius that deserves to be recognized. May God have mercy on our souls.

With the final pick in the draft, The Fightin' Hankerchiefs select:
    Alette, AKA BattleKath

20. ISO #570
    Timezone
    Community
    Totalwar.org (The Org)
    AKA
    GH, Fuchs
    Team slotting, the Fightin' Hankerchiefs:

Town: Zack
    Town: DaveDob
    Wolf: wiggles1993
    Wolf: Yeti
    All-Around: Visorslash
    Mechanical: Five
    Enjoyable: Slaan
    Superflex: PR Specialist/Ascended Legendary Figure: Spartan057
    Superflex: Long Con IRL Wolf: Alette

21. ISO #571
    If Alette has so much power then why can she not win an EDH game

22. ISO #572
    Community
    MiniMafia
    Villagers: Ladd, TehBankertin
    Wolves: Scare, Moth
    Enjoyable: Michael22Omega
    Mechanical: Bearsquared
    Flex, Ultimate Werewolf Legend: Rich Parente
    Flex, Best Overall Hedgehog: Bopolis

23. ISO #573
    Timezone
    Community
    Totalwar.org (The Org)
    AKA
    GH, Fuchs

Round 1: Zack
    Round 2: Visorslash
    Round 3: wiggles1993
    Round 4: Five
    Round 5: DaveDob
    Round 6: Yeti
    Round 7: Slaan
    Round 8: Spartan057
    Round 9: Alette AKA BattleKath

24. ISO #574
    The Young Bouls in their respective positions:

Overall: Benneh
    Town: GeneralHankercheif
    Town: Viggorous
    Wolf: Wolfy
    Wolf: RadiantCowbells
    Mechanical: Ryuzilla
    Enjoyable: Manasi
    Flex 1: Upcoming Legend: DoubtingThomas
    Flex 2: Most Underrated Player: Elijah

25. ISO #575
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantichora (#572)
    Overall: Five-Star Men
    Villagers: Ladd, TehBankertin
    Wolves: Scare, Moth
    Enjoyable: Michael22Omega
    Mechanical: Bearsquared
    Flex, Ultimate Werewolf Legend: Rich Parente
    Flex, Best Overall Hedgehog: Bopolis
    Did Banks evwn roll villager in 2018?

26. ISO #576
    alive & amplified Ampharos's Avatar Administrator
    Timezone
    Community
    Smogon | Serenes Forest | EIMM
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    I will be finishing my writeups over the next few days. For now, my lineup:

Overall: SmartBomb
    Villagers: dLGN, Thingyman
    Wolves: Secondhand Revenant, Nego
    Enjoyable: Arapocalypse
    Mechanical: Beruru
    Flex, Best Lissa: Cuthalion
    Flex, Supreme Overlord of Mafia Universe: Ampharos
    DM Ampharos#1651 on Discord with any suggestions/comments/complaints/unwarranted compliments
    [6:42 AM] Makaze: people unironically liking amy's themes is tilting

27. ISO #577
    Community
    MU, RIP Cracked.com
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Villagers: Montecore (Stone Cold) and theknightsofneeee (LBJ)
    Wolves: t om and Shad (JGL and DiCaprio from Inception)
    Enjoyable: Colin (Philip DeFranco)
    Mechanical: Amrock (Herminome Granger)
    Flex, Most Likely to Be a Hall of Famer: Monstrman (Batman)
    Flex, Person to Watch: The Lukundo (The Rookie from The Rookie)

League of Extraordinary Tunnelsnakes
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#233)
    So here's the deal, Champ.

1. Phighter's fucking with you.

28. ISO #578
    Community
    ToS
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief (#569)
    My final pick is someone that anyone versed in MU history is familiar with. If you're a newer member to the site and don't recognize the name, that's ok, they haven't been around much in 2018 - at least, on the surface. Regardless, even if you are familiar with this person, you are almost certainly unaware of this person's TRUE story, the story which I will now reveal to the world. It has taken all of my powers as a student of history as well as deep connections I have forged around the world via my trips to Europe and various interactions over the internet since 2006 to bring you the full story of this person's exploits. I have spent some of my own money. I have called in many favors. I've even performed favors of my own, some of which required a long shower immediately afterwards. But it has all been worth it to expose this person for who they really are.

So, you ask, who is it? Well, it's someone who has been on the site since the very beginning, or near enough. Joining July 2015, they are the 136th person to register an account on MU, not counting alts or the default Administrator account automatically generated whenever a new forum is set up on vbulletin. Who could it be, though? A good question. After all, most people from that era of MU are either long off the board (Lissa, Panther, etc), ineligible for inactivity reasons (Stork, Askthepizzaguy), revealed to be an early-stage program created by Roy (Revival), or permanently banned (Yates, ShipItUp). And yet, this person remains, eligible yet untaken. Why?

Well, I'll tell you why. It's because, traditionally, this person's skill at mafia has been something of, shall we say, a topic of discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Anniversary (#36818)
    MU Anniversary 2017 - Role PM

Hello wish granted, you are Alette, the Town Free Dead Villager. You are known for being impossible to understand and getting yourself mis-lynched, so we've decided to help you out.

i) CFD, Vote Alette, ???, PROFIT! - Should you ever reach 30% of the total votes (rounded down) at 7:00p ET, you will be Host-revealed in the Game Thread as a “Town”.

Should you claim or in any way hint to any part of your role, you will become a Vanilla Townie.

Should you manage to make it to Day 5 without activating this action, you will be considered a success and you will lose this power in exchange for a One-Shot Peek.

Best of luck to you!

---

Yes, Alette. The longtime MU regular, promoted to Community Contributor in 2017, the ultimate avatar of chaos and she with the horrible taste in characters from a certain murder mystery visual novel series. At one time, she topped the MU database for lynch and mislynch percentage. Her inner Aletteness transcended space and time and even onto her alts, where she regularly got lynched and ITA'd as recently as late 2017 regardless of whatever account she was playing under (Nauls, in The Thing; Gundham Tanaka in the Danganronpa Mash). She was The Free Dead Villager you hoped to have as a wolf and time more often than not, she delivered on the eternal promise.

Even in September 2018, long after she mostly disappeared from the site, her legend was still being referred to and used as a comparison point for awkward posting on a stage no less grand than the Mafia Championship Finale:

Quote Originally Posted by Zack (#5931)
    Quote Originally Posted by Violet (#5926)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paratroopa (#5916)
    I'm a touch surprised you didn't vote for me
    Your approach to D2 seems very unlikely for a wolf now that I have considered it more.

this feels like alette-posting

---

As for Alette's 2018 itself? Well, there's not really much to say. In terms of long games, she played exactly one: Badfellas, the MU staff game, back in January of that year. Now, as you may recall, that game recently won the award for best team town performance in a small game, and Alette did in fact rand town in that game. However, she, uh, was the only town-controlled death in the entire game who wasn't a wolf (she was the N2 vig shot).

That said, I need to clear a few things up about that game. First off, her reads were just as good as anyone else's in that game. She just wasn't listened to, and it wasn't her fault. This leads into my second point: 90% of why she died in that game was because she got meme'd on pregame by people saying they were gonna D1 lynch her no matter what. The result was that she ate something like 5-6 joke votes right out of the gate and that warped people's perceptions of her right from the start. It's hard to dominate when you're constantly on the back foot, and Alette, to her credit, never stopped fighting.

After that death, she was a good sport and hung around in DVC (a very, very underrated trait of Alette's is that, despite all the $#@! that gets thrown her way, she never ceases to be a good sport and is without fail a pleasant player who I'd always rather have in the game than people who are perceived "better players" but don't have the best personality). And then, once it was over, she disappeared. Oh, she laid her tracks well, doing it gradually, claiming pressures of real life and being a college student taking priority, never bowing out all at once, but there's a reason that newer people might not know her. She's definitely not as much of a presence as she used to be.

At least, that's what she wants you to believe.

---

What actually happened is a far more sinister tale, and one that I have spent the bulk of my time in recent days trying to uncover.

You see, after Badfellas, something snapped in Alette. Everyone has a breaking point, and Alette had hit hers, being constantly disrespected and having her reads ignored in a game that supposedly consisted of the most empathetic and respectful people on MU. Enough was enough. If these were the people who ran the site, and this was how they treated her, then something was rotten to the core on Mafia Universe. Something had to be done. She would show them. She would show them all.

So, starting in February, Alette dropped everything. Contrary to her public story, this included real life obligations as well, dropping out of college and any real life jobs she had lined up. Instead, she trained. She underwent a rigorous regimen on how to wolf, fully immersing herself in her mission. She consulted past masters such as Sunbae. She studied old games, from legendary team performances like the original Super Smash Bros. mash to herculean individual efforts like Thingy's 1 vs. 16 comeback. She spectated in-progress games and joined up DVCs on undetectable alts.

Her training was physical too, not just mental. Knowing that, much like in chess, the top modern wolves need to be in peak physical condition, Alette designed a fitness routine similar to that of Rocky Balboa whenever he needed to get in shape for a big title bout. And I'm not talking about the junior league routine from Rocky 1 where he merely ate raw eggs, punched some meat, and ran around the city. I'm talking about the Rocky IV routine where he chopped wood in the middle of Siberia in winter, slept in a cabin that provided zero human comfort, and ran up a $#@!ing mountain three days a week. This was Alette's commitment to wolfing.

Below are some top-secret photos of Alette's training regimen, provided to me by an unnamed member of the highest echelon of Russia's government via a connection provided by Roger Stone. Please do not share them beyond the boundaries of this site, for my own personal safety.

After several months of this, by May or June, Alette declared herself ready. She was thus set to put her long-planned revenge against MU and its staff in action.

---

The first step was figuring out where to strike using her newly-developed mafia skills. If she wanted the site truly at her mercy, one of the three admins seemed to be the ideal starting point. She immediately ruled Makaze out, under the principle that Makaze considers himself beyond such human concerns as temptation in his pursuit for the singularity. The next admin at the time was Askthepizzaguy, and while she considered him, Pizza hadn't been around MU much and she deemed him harder to get to, Pizza being a married man and the oldest of the three administrators. That left Thingyman. The founder of the site, and the one who had to personally approve any staff hires. Any inherent flaw in the system had to come from him. Plus, he was easier to get to. Younger than Pizza. More human than Mak. Still single. The symbolism was too good to pass up.

Alette had her man.

She also had her "in". Thingy had been speaking recently on the MU Discord server about this Danish reality show called Married At First Sight and how he was going to try out for it. The general premise of the show, Alette learned, was that couples got matched for compatibility by professional psychologists beforehand. Each couple's first meeting would be their wedding, and they would be obligated to stay together for six weeks before deciding if they wanted to stay married. Thingy, a hopeless romantic, would obviously do everything in his power to make sure that he found the perfect woman and hold on for dear life. All Alette needed to do was tip the scales in her favor a bit.

Her first stop was to Cuba, by way of Mexico City, Medellin, Colombia, and Caracas, Venezuela, the latter of which she briefly commandeered a massive nationwide protest against the Maduro government before abandoning them to their own devices for her own amusement. Once she landed on the Communist-controlled island, Alette took advantage of Cuba's world-famous healthcare system and booked a treatment at the same facility where the bad guys in Die Another Day altered their appearances to avoid detection.

If they could do this in 2002, imagine how they could alter Alette's appearance in 2018!

The reason why this step was necessary in the first place? Some people on MU knew what she looked like through various ways. It would do no good for her plan if people were able to recognize her and warn Thingy about what was happening before her masterstroke was finished. Of particular concern was a moderator named Walrein, who had met her in real life and might have been able to detect her mannerisms under her new identity. She would have to be dealt with at some point.

But for now, Alette was ready for the next stage of her plan. Sporting her new appearance, she faked an ID and booked a flight... this one to Denmark. Her new passport photo, obtained at great effort on my end, is displayed below.

---

Her appearance altered to fit in as a Dane, and armed with a crash Duolingo course in Danish, Alette arrived in Copenhagen and promptly made her way to the DR3 offices and applied to be on Married At First Sight. Utterly taken in by Alette (now calling herself Kathrine) and her newly-honed wolfing skills, the show's producers agreed to have her as a contestant on the spot.

The next step was the quiz. Alette had to be very careful to make sure that her answers matched her with only Thingy, but luckily this proved easier than expected as a disproportionate amount of questions asked about your love of KPop, American reality TV, and amateur comedy. Confident that she would be matched with Thingy, Alette had to take care of loose ends.

By this time, back in the US, Walrein was unemployed after having graduated college and desperate for a job. Hacking into the DR3 offices, Alette posed as an English-language recruiter and offered her a full-time job as a TV editor or gofer or something along those lines, idk exactly what behind the scenes TV jobs consist of. Anyway, as expected, Walrein happily accepted and flew out the very next day.

This turned out to be a greater boon than expected for Alette, as the Danish producers were so impressed with Walrein's skills that they for-real hired her on the spot. She ended up being so busy that she had no time for her MU duties anymore. Not one to let an opportunity like this to pass by without taking advantage of it, Alette quickly created a new account posing as Walrein to maintain continuity: Ampharos.

As luck would have it, "Ampharos" quickly climbed the MU staff ladder, rising first to a Head Moderator and then eventually an Administrator itself. Alette now had control over one account that had admin access to MU, but she was in too deep to stop now. Her revenge would not be complete until the entire site was under her total power. And before this would happen, there had to be a wedding.

---

The wedding was the culmination of six months of incredibly hard work by Alette. All of her skills were tested to the very limit, from her knowledge of the Danish language, to her immersing herself in the personality of "Kathrine", to her wolfing skills (in the form of laughing at Thingy's jokes and appearing interested when he talked about his performance in The Genius - a harder task than it appears). But Alette passed with flying colors. By the end of the night, everyone at the reception could tell that Thingy was smitten with his new bride.

If only he knew.

From there, the couple's whirlwind romance was detailed on Married At First Sight as well as, afterwards, Thingy's personal blog. They "honeymooned" in Edinburgh, eventually Thingy moved into "Kathrine's" apartment in Silkeborg (handily provided by the real Walrein, by now so immersed in a budding Danish smut empire that she had plenty of resources at her disposal to help Alette out), and, after the six weeks passed, stayed married after Thingy re-proposed on national television.

For Thingyman, his life since the summer has been wedded bliss, and as a result he has much less time for MU, the site he founded and helped build from nothing. But for Alette, AKA Kathrine, it's all part of her master plan. Mafia Universe has three administrators: One of them is being kept perpetually distracted, and another is a sock puppet directly controlled by her. Only Makaze stands between her and complete control and the utter destruction that is sure to follow. He stands alone and strong... but will it be enough?

---

I, for one, say no. While I am no longer a staffer on Mafia Universe, I have invested too much time and effort here over the years to see it so comprehensively taken over without doing something about it. I don't know if Makaze, now alerted to the situation, can stop her with the click of a button, or whether it will take a concerted and sustained effort by the entire userbase to bring her down, but now that you are aware of the deception at least we all have hope to save the site.

Now that I've unveiled Alette's master plan, I will be relocating to parts unknown to escape her inevitable wrath, and thus may be unavailable for a while. I will try to check back in while I can, but in the meantime, I figured that I may as well close out the draft with the single greatest sustained, long-term wolfing performance in history. Anyone can wolf for a couple of days or weeks on the internet. Only the greatest and most truly committed, though, can completely immerse themselves in wolfing IRL for months, going on years, at a time. From altering their identity, to learning a different language, to pretending that Thingyman is truly an attractive and charming individual day in and day out (the hardest task of all imo), Alette's 2018 was an absolutely terrifying work of genius that deserves to be recognized. May God have mercy on our souls.

With the final pick in the draft, The Fightin' Hankerchiefs select:
    Alette, AKA BattleKath
    Top 10 conspiracy theories that turned out to be true (#1 is Evan exposing the MU staff)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemist1422 (#6)
    mfw you accidentally sell your soul for a modpeek

29. ISO #579
    Fair enough DaveDob's Avatar Discord Moderator
    Community
    DailyMafia/MiniMafia/MU/SMAS

Overall: Apoc (duh)
    Towns: Dyachei and Paratroopa
    Wolves: EvanManManMan and Fable
    Enjoyable: Dels
    Mechanical: Cron
    Superflex 1 (Grizzled Vet): Effen
    Superflex 2 (Bright Future): Cemeteries
    “DaveDob is the best player in the zoom” -Manti 2018

30. ISO #580
    Community
    murdermystery@gmail

I'm Drafting Team 11 NOW

Too many very veRY VERY good players went undrafted

I am making Team 11 that will literally eclipse every other team

feel free to not include my team in your vote, but ill have my team ready in the next few days with write ups

31. ISO #581

I passed on the first 9 rounds to keep it competitive.

JMurder3
    Kaze13
    jcohen
    iaafr
    Gamer Dude
    Chris
    Jaleb
    Roman
    Grant
    The winner's trophy.

But Frog can have Team 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Panther
    I thought you were a nerd last week but then I saw you say you play golf and remember you said you chewed so you're some kind of unicorn or something

32. ISO #582
    Community
    murdermystery@gmail
    Oh is it my turn now?

I passed on the first 9 rounds to keep it competitive.

JMurder3
    Kaze13
    jcohen
    iaafr
    Gamer Dude
    Chris
    Jaleb
    Roman
    Grant
    The winner's trophy.

But Frog can have Team 12
    GDI

YOU'RE TEAM 12

I'm TEAM 11

[but nice team mate]

33. ISO #583
    Timezone
    Community
    MafiaLandia

All-Around: Mexal
    Town: Newcomb
    Town: Voxxicus
    Wolf: Phighter
    Wolf: Yogsloth
    Mechanical: Stanari
    Enjoyable: Boquise
    Superflex (Highest WIM Player): M Plus 7
    Superflex (Most Enthusiastic Player): Hey_Monkey
    Last edited by SilverKeith; February 10th, 2019 at 05:19 AM.

34. ISO #584
    Lost Weasley Brother Allundberg's Avatar
    Community
    PokerNet
    As some1 who has prolly played 100 games overall on this site not being picked is pretty brutal.

35. ISO #585
    Timezone
    Community
    Everybody Edits / mafiascum
    AKA
    the better reads than you
    Make Mafia Universe great again

36. ISO #586
    Community
    ToS
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lukundo (#373)
    Quote Originally Posted by DS (#371)
    Quote Originally Posted by DS (#343)
    Also how the $#@! wasn't I first pick?
    I refuse to sign, id rather go undrafted.

If you ain't first, you're last.
    At least you’re in contention for being drafted.
    who else finds this hilarious in retrospect

37. ISO #587
    Timezone
    UTC±00:00
    Community
    Town of Salem
    AKA
    Lukundo
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemist1422 (#586)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lukundo (#373)
    Quote Originally Posted by DS (#371)
    Quote Originally Posted by DS (#343)
    Also how the $#@! wasn't I first pick?
    I refuse to sign, id rather go undrafted.

If you ain't first, you're last.
    At least you’re in contention for being drafted.
    who else finds this hilarious in retrospect
    o o f

38. ISO #588
    Timezone
    UTC+01:00
    Community
    civforum.de
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief (#500)
    Let's get right down to it: I'm picking Slaan. But not for the reasons you think.

Not because he's a very capable player who will put in a solid shift regardless of alignment or game size and situation, though that certainly factors into things.

Not because he's a very flexible townie who can run the gamut from being N1 killed, going toe to toe with wolves who were taken far higher than him in this draft, or owning someone's soul in the final three of one of the greatest, most competitive games I've ever seen and having that post be the turning point of the entire game.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaan (#13184)
    Alright, caught up.

No bull$#@! now: I think its Five and here is why just talking about this phase:

At start of this phase I said I was 80% certain it was Five - that was a lie. My purpose was to see how Five would react - was he really strongly scumreading mp7? If so he would strongly need to try and make me see it... Instead when I wasnt around he just flipped on mp7, now strongly townreads him and will try to get me mislynched. That is eactly what I thought scum would do. The reasons for the flip also seem rather ... coming from nowhere. I can see the "apoccccc" thing, but the alien/mp7 interaction? And he just happenend to remember that right at this time? And it then trumpfs the "never wolf" read he had on me with my claim reactions + bookmark stuff etc?

There were also lots of other small things this phase. Like him bringing up votecounts not to figure it out between mp7/me, but to make him look good. I wouldnt mind it if he @ me and then said "look slaan, how is this ever wolf" or smth but the way he did it just seems to try and subtly influence our perception of his. Kinda in the same way out of nowhere the wiggles scumslip post towards me came up again. Or him just saying "slaan has many posts" followed by dozens of quotes of mine without him saying at all what is weird about them / what bothered him.

Right around the time he threw that lowkey shade on me with the wiggles thing and the post was also when he started to try and pocket mp7 a bit....

Im confident enough to put my vote down in like 2 hours. @Five if there is something you think you can say that convinces me otherwise... tell me.

Im now going to look at the AtE situation again to cover my bases.
    Seriously, if you're not familiar with S5WC1 and that final three in particular, do yourself a favor and read around the post I quoted. It's as high pressure of a situation as you can be in, and "clutch" doesn't even begin to describe Slaan's approach to it. The guy has ice water in his veins. But that's not why I picked him.

I'm also not picking him because of his rock-solid personality, which has universally been described as pleasant and easygoing even in a game where it can be really hard to remain pleasant and easygoing at times. Part of this is his grace in losing situations, such as willingly taking losing undertitle bets in stride and laughing about it afterwards (it used to be "sucks" before someone changed it a few months back), and of course, having the good instinct to make the best lolcat of the year when he was all but outed on the Nagini account in Harry Potter Mash ("sssssssssson of a bitch") and even turning that into part of his schtick in the future.

Though again, all of this certainly doesn't hurt.

No, I'm mostly picking Slaan because of the $#@!ing pandas.

---

Allow me to explain. Some months back, probably around June, Slaan changed his avatar from this:

To this:

Now, we all know that moving away from an anime avatar is automatically an upgrade regardless of any outside factors and it shows a good capacity for self-improvement (an important trait in any serious mafia player), but the fact that Slaan chose that red panda, specifically, displays his utter cunning and willingness to make use of every possible advantage to get ahead in this game.

Not sure what I'm talking about? Let's take a closer look at the full panda image:

Enhance!

Enhance!

They say the eyes are the windows into the soul (note: I have only ever heard writers say this, usually as an excuse to wax on for paragraphs about their pet Mary Sue's eye color and shape). They also say that if you stare for too long into the abyss, the abyss stares into you. However, there is a lesser-known but equally applicable saying along the same lines:

If you stare into the eyes of a red panda for too long, you're going to get styled on.

By picking such a cute and lovable creature as his avatar and peppering whatever thread he happens to be in with panda pics, Slaan not only endears himself to the rest of the players but also deploys step 1 of his master plan: keep the people looking at his pandas so they can fulfill the ancient saying.

For his improved taste in avatars, all-around clutch play, and fun/easygoing personality, and, most notably, his cunning application of ancient Alaskan wisdom learned at the foot of a village of mafia players set at the base of Denali, my selection couldn't be easier.

With the next pick in the draft, the Fightin' Hankerchiefs select:
    Slaan
    Thanks! Never imagined someone would zoom in like that on my avi, well played

Help save the glorious red panda! There are hardly 2.500 left of them in the wild and their habitat is getting infringed upon as you read this. Help save one of the most unique and cute creatures we have on our planet!

https://www.redpandanetwork.org/

39. ISO #589
    Timezone
    Community
    MafiaLandia
    I want to make a comment regarding the draft and our teams. And the comment is that they are, well, our teams. What I mean here is that I don't think we drafted competitively to win this. Most of the time the process was "I like this player for X reason > I want this player on my team" somewhat ignoring stuff such as "Would spectators recognize this player well enough? Will they recognize their strength?".

In turn the teams we have drafted are kinda personal and based around our own experiences. Half of my team comes from S3G7, my first game in the site which means a lot to me. Other half are players who I've met in champs. I'm fully aware there are people who just don't follow champs who might not value some of my picks as high as I do, and that's completely fine. This is the team I drafted, I'm happy with it, and I had fun while doing so.

And I think the same goes for other drafters too. GH team is players from the org plus half of Lissa's Funhouse. Amy team is basically Amy + friends (including Amy, even). Evan has players like Wolfy, Viggo, KTS and DT, who are really in line with what an "Evan team" would look like. Same thing goes for Manti, I'm not that familiar with Ladd but just by reading his write up I can tell exactly why he's in Manti's team. And the same goes for other drafters and their picks too.

This was more in line with highlighting people, their play, and what makes it a valuable playing worth having, more than getting the absolutely best team possible a person can have. If a write up makes you say "I want to play with this player" then everything is worth the time we spent making those. This is kinda why discussion over picks wasn't even a thing in draft chat, especially when it came to things like "your pick is overrated/a reach/not good". If you made a good pick you'd hear a couple of "$#@! I wanted that player". If you made a questionable pick, others still respected it because you had a reason for making that pick.

It's not even that I'm against $#@!posting and $#@!talking picks. It can be extremely fun but there are ways and ways of doing it and, by what I saw from railchat, MU clearly can't handle that without it becoming an extremely unwelcoming environment. People telling each other to $#@! off, to go $#@! themselves, to get the $#@! over themselves, calling em "elitist piece of $#@!", a lot of passive-aggressiveness, baiting, and that's not even mentioning Champ, or the stuff with Lan's spreadsheet.

So yeah, you might have been expecting something else from this and that is completely understandable. We saw this in a different light than some of you, which you might not have enjoyed that much. But I had a fun time just talking in drafter chat, getting to know ppl I had barely talked with before, and building my team alongside other people building their teams. And I think that it was more enjoyable that just purely competitive drafting.

40. ISO #590
    Timezone
    Community
    Everybody Edits / mafiascum
    AKA
    the better reads than you
    Are we allowed to check drafter chat now?
    Make Mafia Universe great again

41. ISO #591
    Timezone
    UTC±00:00
    Community
    Town of Salem
    AKA
    Lukundo
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Creature (#590)
    Are we allowed to check drafter chat now?
    Think so, at least I ain't been called out for it.

42. ISO #592
    Timezone
    UTC+01:00
    Community
    Forum Paradox
    By the way, @SmartBomb @Duk3star, we still need the final team compositions from you two.

43. ISO #593
    Timezone
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    How will the voting work/when does it open?

44. ISO #594
    Timezone
    Community
    MiniMafia
    AKA
    Duke
    Quote Originally Posted by LanMisa (#592)
    By the way, @SmartBomb @Duk3star, we still need the final team compositions from you two.
    The Duk3stars thank you for the reminder. This will be accomplished tonight.

As always,

Shine Bright duk3fans

45. ISO #595

46. ISO #596
    Community
    ToS

47. ISO #597
    Community
    murdermystery@gmail

48. ISO #598
    Community
    WebDiplomacy
    Quote Originally Posted by EvanManManMan (#505)
    I got a full squad except my flex slots

It's lit

I wanted to use one of my flex slots to pick somebody that has a whole lot of potential that will pop off in 2019

This person has a TON of potential. I can see it in the way they post. They truly understand how to play ww and it shows. They are loud, confident. They have decent reads. They just need to bang out their kinks and they have a lot of great qualities of a ww player.

The potential I see in this player is more than a lot of other new players.

I believe strongly that my slotting will not be inaccurate later on

In the 8th round
    the young bouls
    are taking
    [Insert Terriermon gif here]
    DoubtingThomas
    @EvanManManMan

didnt see this

thanks for the writeup
    Quote Originally Posted by Viggorous (#2749)
    You should actually thank me, dt.

Because of the reasons I know you're a wolf is that you're simply not as bad as you've been this game and so afraid of doing anything or giving reads on anything outside the main wagon.

You're a scared little wolf, yes you are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amberiat (#3924)
    I know you're pretty bad, but you can't possibly be this terrible.

49. ISO #599
    Community
    WebDiplomacy

HOTTTTTTTT DAMN

Quote Originally Posted by Viggorous (#2749)
    You should actually thank me, dt.

Because of the reasons I know you're a wolf is that you're simply not as bad as you've been this game and so afraid of doing anything or giving reads on anything outside the main wagon.

You're a scared little wolf, yes you are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amberiat (#3924)
    I know you're pretty bad, but you can't possibly be this terrible.

50. ISO #600