Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Giant in the Playground Invitational

1. Bookmark ISO #201
    Probably joking Jackofhearts2005's Avatar
    Community
    HCRealms/MafiaTheSyndicate
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Maybe I didn’t roleclaim because I’m not the doctor.

2. Bookmark ISO #202
    Low Hanging Fruit
    Timezone
    UTC-08:00
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackofhearts2005 (#201)
    Maybe I didn’t roleclaim because I’m not the doctor.
    Well, that's something we can agree on at least.

3. Bookmark ISO #203
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    Giant in the Playground Invitational Day 4 Votecount

Town must not lynch incorrectly today.

Votes are locked. Your first vote is final. Day ends immediately upon majority or when everyone has cast a vote.

Votes Target Voters (Posts in Phase)
    1 flat_footed Jackofhearts2005 (14)
    1 Jackofhearts2005 flat_footed (7)
    1 Not voting Fleeing Coward (6)

View Vote History

Day 4 ends at 8:30 PM EST on Saturday, February 23rd, 2019. There are 1550971860000 remaining.

Posted at 1 days, 17 hours, 58 minutes, 59 seconds remaining.

4. Bookmark ISO #204
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackofhearts2005 (#172)
    Well, I went into last night thinking the wolf had to be Req. 🤨
    Jack I was going to vote FF just now but one last reread and this bugged me.

Why did you going into the night thinking the wolf was Req rather than FF just been fake once Rakkoon flips tracker?

5. Bookmark ISO #205
    Community
    Mafia Universe

Votes are locked. Your first vote is final. Day ends immediately upon majority or when everyone has cast a vote.

1 flat_footed Jackofhearts2005 (14)
    1 Jackofhearts2005 flat_footed (7)
    1 Not voting Fleeing Coward (7)

View Vote History

Day 4 ends at 8:30 PM EST on Saturday, February 23rd, 2019. There are 1550971860000 remaining.

Posted at 1 days, 11 hours, 58 minutes, 59 seconds remaining.

6. Bookmark ISO #206
    Community
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleeing Coward (#204)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackofhearts2005 (#172)
    Well, I went into last night thinking the wolf had to be Req. 🤨

Why did you going into the night thinking the wolf was Req rather than FF just been fake once Rakkoon flips tracker?
    Cause the setup is hidden. I wasn’t reading FF or Rakkoon based on the idea that there are 2, 1 or 0 power roles. Didn’t believe Rakkoon was town just because he was the only pr who had claimed. Didn’t believe Rakkoon was scum because a second pr role was claimed. Didn’t think FF was scum because Rakkoon was telling the truth. I was looking at what Rakkoon and FF said.

I had just gone over Rakkoon and FF’s posts and came out believing FF. Part of why i believed him was because if he was the wolf, he’d have to explain why he was alive the next day. So I figured he wasn’t and he wouldn’t be. I trusted you. It was probably Req. Then Req died.

And to further underline how nutso I would have to be to shoot Req, on top of risking a save, on top of having to convince a player who totally believed FF and was suspicious of me, I had just made a case for FF being town. Instead of letting things rand and maybe setting up the easy mislynch on Rakkoon in lylo, I made a case for FF being town that I would then have to fight against and assigned blame for the Rakkoon mislynch to myself. If I’m a wolf, what the hell am I even doing? It’s not just “a wolf didn’t need to do that.” It’s “a wolf would harm himself by doing that.”

I’m town.

7. Bookmark ISO #207
    Low Hanging Fruit
    Timezone
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleeing Coward (#204)

Well that's distressing.

The WW playstyle here has been dizzying compared to what I've been used to on GitP, and I'll be the first to admit that you are a better player than I, Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackofhearts2005 (#185)
    I agree. FF is alive though. Why wouldn’t I just shoot him? Cause I’m not the wolf.
    Well, here's my take on that. You looked at the three other players remaining and saw that I was the most likely target to be painted as a wolf.

FC gets night killed: He was convinced I was town and stated his opinion that the wolf was somewhere between yourself and Req. Him dying very well could have tipped Req to believing my claim and voting for you. This is also why I maintain that an FC night kill would have been best for wolf-flat, and why I protected him last night as The Doctor.

FF gets night killed: This is the outcome I most expected. It leaves you with FC and Req, one having been cleared by Rakkoon and one with a very heavy town lean. FC is already on record as likely snap voting you in this scenario which I'm sure he could have gotten Req on board with.

Quote Originally Posted by Requilac (#164)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackofhearts2005 (#159)

FF has more town equity in his votes, less fear of the player the mafia nightkilled and his claimed actions make more sense than Rakkoon’s.

Town FF random votes a wolf D1, claims D3 to lynch Rakkoon and win the game. Wolf FF accidentally mislynches his partner D1, kills Cuth who wasn’t after him, claims D3 to get a PR mislynch and then has to go into lylo explaining why the mafia choose to shoot FC/Jack/Req instead of the sure kill on the doc.

Town Rakkoon tracks his townreads and refuses to say why because...he’s playing bad? He claims to save himself. Wolf Rakkoon kills a player who suspects him, claims to save himself, lies about his actions and refuses to explain his actions because he can’t.

It just makes more sense that between them, Rakkoon is the wolf.

Plus, on the off chance they’re both town, I’d rather have a doctor that might confirm himself and another player over a tracker whose results I won’t trust anyway.
    I am still incredibly suspicious about how Flat-footed lied about his actions, but given the analysis above and my own personal fact checking on the matter, I will keep my vote on Rakkoon.

If we mislynch here, its likely to be LYLO tomorrow. If Rakkoon truly is the tracker, and then later I am night-killed, then I would advise the remaining players to lynch Flatfooted. Having both a doctor and a tracker seems a little disbalanced if only two wolves are present, so if we already have a tracker proven (when Rakkoon dies) it is unlikely we have a baner in the field. And do keep in mind that Flatfooted did lie about his role before, which still seems pretty sketchy to me at best. So if the game isn't ended when Rakkon dies, I would advise you all to lynch Flatfooted over any other.
    Req gets night killed: And here we are. You already won a small victory by me missing my protection last night. After Req's final words, I thought someone trying to paint me as the wolf would see that as too obvious a target for framing wolf-flat. My mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleeing Coward (#179)
    I'm voting Jack probably 90% of the time but going to give him a chance to defend himself at least.
    Well, it looks like he managed to flip something in your thinking to paint me as the wolf. Honestly, I don't know how anyone can look at Day 3 and think wolf-flat would make that play. Town was looking to me to help guide the vote between Rakkoon and Jack. I had 0 votes, little to no suspicion and could have voted and reacted with dismay with everyone else when town mislynched. Wolf-flat then goes into Day 4 with little suspicion from Day 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleeing Coward (#145)
    The standard 9 player setup on this forum is 2 mafia and a cop/seer with a night 0 check on town so a tracker having a tracker isn't unusual, it's actually more wolf sided than usual.

RAKKOON IS ALWAYS REAL unless Flat_footed cc's. Any town still voting for Rakkoon at EOD without a cc is literally game throwing.
    This is really the post that did it for me, that convinced me that I needed to role claim to protect town. FC had just taken his vote off of what could have been a false claim, and he specifically called upon me for a possible cc. So I did, because I thought it would help town.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleeing Coward (#155)
    It's kind of suicidal for flat_footed to claim after Rakkoon did if he's fake and I don't see what Rakkoon gains from claiming when he knows there will be a counterclaim and there's a high chance the cc will be an investigative role which would mean his chance of victory is absolutely 0.
    If you don't trust me, FC, that's fine. Trust yourself.

8. Bookmark ISO #208
    Community
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
  9. Bookmark ISO #209
    Community
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    If I’m a wolf, I don’t do anything I’ve done or anything the wolves have done.

FC said that FF lies about his power claim. (I didn’t know. I’ve never been a doc on this site or had it really matter until now. I do think from a balance standpoint, Fox’s shouldnt be allowed to self target but that’s a discussion for another time.) It would be easy to lean on the idea of lynching all liars. Or that there aren’t two power roles. Stay voting FF. If FF flips doc, I shoot FC and go into lylo with a ready made case on Rakkoon. His targets were bad. He wasn’t trying. And there’d be a pr flip putting extra doubt in. Between wolf!Jack, Req, Rakkoon, Rakkoon is always the lynch. And if Rakkoon rands the lynch tie, shoot FF and push Req, who hadn’t done all that much but push flipped townies. That’s way easier than making a case that FF is town and then having to turn around and lynch him while FC wants to lynch me and FF has to.

If I’m the wolf, why did I get rid of the two easy to lynch players instead of the two hard to lynch players?

FF’s moves make sense as a wolf. FC was pushing against the Rakkoon lynch. If he lived, he’d have to be nightkilled. If he didn’t, it’s still Jack/Req/FC vs FF and aside from the rvs vote on a wolf, nobody had a reason not to lynch FF. FC is calling for a cc. FF ccs and that’s instant cred. The tracker will be lynched. FC suspects Jack. There’s your mislynch for lylo. Req accuses FF and is silenced. We go into lylo with the deciding vote saying he’s voting the other townie 90% of the time. Would have snap voted under some scenarios, even. That’s your winning wolf strategy. That’s your wolf agenda.

10. Bookmark ISO #210
    Community
    Mafia Universe

1 flat_footed Jackofhearts2005 (17)
    1 Jackofhearts2005 flat_footed (8)
    1 Not voting Fleeing Coward (7)

View Vote History

Posted at 1 days, 5 hours, 58 minutes, 59 seconds remaining.

11. Bookmark ISO #211
    Low Hanging Fruit
    Timezone
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackofhearts2005 (#209)
    If I’m a wolf, I don’t do anything I’ve done or anything the wolves have done.

FC said that FF lies about his power claim. (I didn’t know. I’ve never been a doc on this site or had it really matter until now. I do think from a balance standpoint, Fox’s shouldnt be allowed to self target but that’s a discussion for another time.) It would be easy to lean on the idea of lynching all liars. Or that there aren’t two power roles. Stay voting FF. If FF flips doc, I shoot FC and go into lylo with a ready made case on Rakkoon. His targets were bad. He wasn’t trying. And there’d be a pr flip putting extra doubt in. Between wolf!Jack, Req, Rakkoon, Rakkoon is always the lynch. And if Rakkoon rands the lynch tie, shoot FF and push Req, who hadn’t done all that much but push flipped townies. That’s way easier than making a case that FF is town and then having to turn around and lynch him while FC wants to lynch me and FF has to.

If I’m the wolf, why did I get rid of the two easy to lynch players instead of the two hard to lynch players?

FF’s moves make sense as a wolf. FC was pushing against the Rakkoon lynch. If he lived, he’d have to be nightkilled. If he didn’t, it’s still Jack/Req/FC vs FF and aside from the rvs vote on a wolf, nobody had a reason not to lynch FF. FC is calling for a cc. FF ccs and that’s instant cred. The tracker will be lynched. FC suspects Jack. There’s your mislynch for lylo. Req accuses FF and is silenced. We go into lylo with the deciding vote saying he’s voting the other townie 90% of the time. Would have snap voted under some scenarios, even. That’s your winning wolf strategy. That’s your wolf agenda.
    If I'm the wolf, it doesn't matter to me if FC is pushing against the Rakkoon lynch or not. At the point I claimed, you had two votes, Rakkoon had one and Req had one. 0 pressure on wolf-flat to do anything, but pressure on Dr. Flat to do something. Up to then, my contributions to the game were quite small, so why start playing differently? Because I felt it was in town's best interest. Claiming drew attention to myself when there wasn't any before.

Honestly, I'm flattered you're trying to sell this master plan of mine to explain how my mistake almost got me killed on Day 3. Either I'm an insanely devious wolf, or a towny who wasn't paying close enough attention at that point and nearly got himself killed for his troubles.

12. Bookmark ISO #212
    Low Hanging Fruit
    Timezone
    Sorry, meant to say 2 on Rakkoon and 1 on you. Posting on mobile.

13. Bookmark ISO #213
    FF and Jack, you both played great today and I never thought I'd get to this point since I came into the day thinking it was only ever going to end one way.
    I can see both arguments on why the kills happened the way they did so at the end of the day, it pretty much comes down to whether or not I believe the way FF claimed Doctor and the saves he made.

Honestly if I were to metagame this and try to figure out whether Logic would put in 2 PRs purely because it's a GitP invitational, I'd probably just snap lynch Jack but that just feels like a dirty way to win and it'd be even worse if we lost that way.

So at the end of the day, I'm making myself ignore that and evaluate the game only on the actual content produced and I just can't lynch Jack based on that even though I know that Jack has much more experience at this game on here and can make the exact case he made as mafia.

I'm really sorry if I'm wrong town.
    ##Vote flat_footed

14. Bookmark ISO #214
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    « Day 4 Lynch: flat_footed was Town Doctor »

2 flat_footed Jackofhearts2005 (17), Fleeing Coward (8)
    1 Jackofhearts2005 flat_footed (10)

View Vote History

flat_footed was lynched. They were: Town Doctor.
    Role PM for Giant in the Playground Invitational

You are Town Doctor. You win when all threats to Town have been eliminated.

Town Doctor

As Town Doctor, you have access to the Protection Night Action. Protection will protect your target from being killed. You will not learn whether you successfully protected someone. Submit your Night Action each night using the form below the game thread. You may change your target as many times as you want. The last action submitted will be used. You cannot target the same player on consecutive nights.

If you do not submit an action, you will forego your action on that night.

Day 4 has ended.

Day 4 ended at 8:22 PM EST on Friday, February 22nd, 2019.

15. Bookmark ISO #215
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    « Game Over: Mafia Wins
    Game Over

The Town has been overrun. The Mafia team wins.

Mafia Members

@AvatarVecna
    @Jackofhearts2005
    x2 Mafia Goon
    x5 Vanilla Town
    x1 Town Doctor
    x1 Town Tracker

You are Mafia Goon. You win when you overpower the town and eliminate any other evil faction(s) in the game. Your teammates are:

Mafia Team

Jackofhearts2005 (Mafia Goon)

As Mafia, you have access to the Factional Night Kill Night Action. Players targeted with this action will die at the end of the Night unless protected. Submit your Night Action each night using the form below the game thread. You may change your target as many times as you want. The last action submitted will be used.

If no Mafia submit an action, a player will be picked at random from the living non-Mafia players.

Mafia Chat: Giant in the Playground Invitational Mafia Chat

Game Thread: Giant in the Playground Invitational

Aventine (Vanilla Town)

You are Vanilla Town. You win when all threats to Town have been eliminated.

Cuthalion (Vanilla Town)

flat_footed (Town Doctor)

You are Town Doctor. You win when all threats to Town have been eliminated.

Town Doctor

As Town Doctor, you have access to the Protection Night Action. Protection will protect your target from being killed. You will not learn whether you successfully protected someone. Submit your Night Action each night using the form below the game thread. You may change your target as many times as you want. The last action submitted will be used. You cannot target the same player on consecutive nights.

Fleeing Coward (Vanilla Town)

You are Mafia Goon. You win when you overpower the town and eliminate any other evil faction(s) in the game. Your teammates are:

Mafia Team

As Mafia, you have access to the Factional Night Kill Night Action. Players targeted with this action will die at the end of the Night unless protected. Submit your Night Action each night using the form below the game thread. You may change your target as many times as you want. The last action submitted will be used.

If no Mafia submit an action, a player will be picked at random from the living non-Mafia players.

Murska (Vanilla Town)

Rakkoon (Town Tracker)

You are Town Tracker. You win when all threats to Town have been eliminated.

Town Tracker

As Town Tracker, you have access to the Tracking Night Action. Tracking another player informs you who that player used a Night Action on that night, if any. You will not learn what type of Night Action your target has. Submit your Night Action each night using the form below the game thread. You may change your target as many times as you want. The last action submitted will be used.

Requilac (Vanilla Town)

D1: Fleeing Coward subbed in for Scoobs
    N1: Cuthalion — Protection
    N2: Jackofhearts2005 — Protection
    N3: Fleeing Coward — Protection
    N1: Murska — Factional Kill
    N2: Cuthalion — Factional Kill
    N3: Requilac — Factional Kill
    N1: Fleeing Coward — Track
    N2: Cuthalion — Track

Graveyard Chat: Giant in the Playground Invitational Graveyard Chat

Post-game discussion starts now.

16. Bookmark ISO #216
    Sorry FF, wp Jack.

I kind of knew I was probably wrong based on the narrator spew and the gitp metagame but had to ignore it for the integrity of the game

17. Bookmark ISO #217
    Low Hanging Fruit
    Timezone

My apologies to town as well, maybe if I had been able to dedicate more time to this in the early phases, this could have ended differently.

Kudos to FC for sticking out the day and making a tough choice.

18. Bookmark ISO #218
    Low Hanging Fruit
    Wow, I really wasn’t expecting there to be two power roles. Great play there Jack, I really believed that you were the town of the two. Had you not nightkilled me, there was a low chance I would have voted for you. I of course didn’t completely trust you, but I was pretty thoroughly convinced otherwise.

Though I do have a question for you Jack: why did you decide to nightkill me on the final night? You knew I planned on voting for Flatfooted, and if I voted for him then you just could have followed suit and sealed LYLO in the mafia’s favor. Why didn’t you ambush FC, whom you knew would be a proven townie that would complicate the final day?

And interestingly enough, once again I end up being more helpful to the wolves then some of the actual wolves. It must be some sort of curse.

19. Bookmark ISO #219
    Community
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself

Great game, townies. This was a really hard fought win. I thought FC and FF were going to take me down in the end.

Req, I killed you because I didn’t know where your head was at and I could only point out one of your posts as scummy. I figured FF would protect FC. Killing FC would be ideal but if FF protected FC, I would confirm them both (I forgot FC was already confirmed since I had written off mislynching him) and I had no ammo to convince FC to vote you over me. If I shot FF, same story only with FF out of the picture. So I prayed FF wouldn’t protect the guy shading him and went for the full wifom play.

I really should have left my vote on FF and hoped for the Jack vs Rakkoon and Req endgame but one of my bigger weaknesses as mafia is a desire to say things I would say as town even if they’d hurt me as scum and town me would have voted Rak over FF for sure. Once I switched, I couldn’t switch back without looking hella bad.

20. Bookmark ISO #220
    Community
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself

21. Bookmark ISO #221
    Community
    murdermystery@gmail
  22. Bookmark ISO #222
    WIFOM Guy Logic's Avatar Game Manager
    Timezone
    Community
    Giant in the Playground
    AKA
    Yakostovian, Planet-Man

Thank you all for humoring me and playing a game on my newly adopted home! Perhaps we can get some more "ultralight" games going in the future. I hope to see you guys play here more often.

The PRs were randomly assigned by modbot, so I can't take credit for any setup beyond finding a willing participant to fill a slot that would have otherwise gone to a playgrounder.

23. Bookmark ISO #223
    Community
    Giantitp
    I was hoping it was you, still wasn't sure in the end.
    Thanks for showing us this site Logic!

24. Bookmark ISO #224
    Banned
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    Art of Problem Solving/epicmafia
    AKA
    IRLPlayer
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    lol3 jack has the easiest meta IN THE WORLD to identify
    when he is town he memes
    when he is wolf he powerwolfs
    i don't vlame fc for the town loss but lel

25. Bookmark ISO #225
    Low Hanging Fruit
    Timezone
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackofhearts2005 (#220)
    I’m okay with publicizing wolfchat.
    I'm curious to see what one wolf talks about with himself.

26. Bookmark ISO #226
    Community
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Noah101 (#224)
    lol3 jack has the easiest meta IN THE WORLD to identify
    when he is town he memes
    when he is wolf he powerwolfs
    i don't vlame fc for the town loss but lel
    My meta is if I'm a wolf, deadchat/specchat keeps asking why the town doesn't just lynch me.

Can't get away with memeing with a totally new player base. That'll get you lynched for "not caring."

Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed (#225)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackofhearts2005 (#220)
    I’m okay with publicizing wolfchat.
    I'm curious to see what one wolf talks about with himself.
    Mostly half baked plans and jokes.

https://discord.gg/3msEfQ

27. Bookmark ISO #227
    Timezone
    Community
    Giant in the Playground

pleasure seeing several of you again for the first time in a while

28. Bookmark ISO #228
    Low Hanging Fruit
    That wolf chat is actually far more active than I expected judging by the fact that there was only one of them for most of the campaign.