Page 74 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2464727374
Results 3,651 to 3,666 of 3666

Thread: Season 3, Game 4: Harry Potter & The Death Eater Trials [Mafia Championship]

1. ISO #3651
    Community
    Terps (MD) The Suque
    Quote Originally Posted by Kami View Post
    👶
    thats racist

2. ISO #3652
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    Thanks for the game everyone. I really enjoyed it, huge amounts of fun.

phighter, you really are a fighter. One can ask for nothing more than an adversary who tries their arse off and you did. Really well done.

Mango, I really enjoyed playing with you. Don't let people get you down! You have a different style but once I was used to it you were vey fun to play the game with

Whiskey, monte, zexy - we made a pretty good team, eh?

Kami - I'll never understand you, but you are fun. Your avatar felt so perfect. I'm glad you were playing.

Everyone else - thanks for contributing to a great game.
    Thanks senpai hul

3. ISO #3653
    Ruler of the Universe Thingyman's Avatar Administrator
    Community
    PokerNet / 2+2

send me votes

4. ISO #3654
    Community
    Zelda Dungeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Montecore View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keirador View Post
    Also I wasn't part of that first NK decision, but it seems Phighter was shooting at someone who was BOTH low-information AND who he suspected would be quite solvey eventually.
    Sure, but, as you say, there are generally (and especially this game) a bunch of people that the wolves are going to need to kill to win, because they're rarely getting lynched or vigged (in before n1 benneh shat, but that's the exception that proves the rule). Wasting a kill on someone that could end setting the world on fire as opposed to someone that currently is doing so is something that I will continue to argue is sub-optimal.

For example, if he had meta with Jamie that led him to believe that he'd normally be more active as a vanilla villager, he was a strong mid- to late-game villager, and he had a strong PR toneread, then sure, dome him because YOLO and all that. But in a lineup full of unknowns when you have to kill a certain number of people to win, you almost have to kill strong players first, because you may have to kill people later that, if not for randing a PR, would have been in your POE (a la bimps and spanky). And then you have to leave your solvey players alive or someone that's lock clear, and it's bad news bears.
    You've been pretty down on me all game fam

5. ISO #3655
    Community
    twoplustwo

You had 25 posts, didn't particularly give off a PR-y vibe (whatever that means in a game where no one knows each other, which is kind of the point) and were in the POE and thus someone the wolves could have pushed; for those reasons alone it was stupid to kill you n1.

You may well have decimated the wolf team if they'd left you alive; who can say. But the wolves definitely made a strategic error killing you n1.

6. ISO #3656
    Community
    The Syndicate
    Jamie is the kind of person who would have been a nk night one on the Syndicate. Few ties to anyone, getting generally town read, clearly a strong player, and possibly he was holding back a little because he was a pr. I think it's a cultural thing. Jamie didn't seem like a mistake for a kill to me at all (although, I will admit, I was expecting whiskey to be the kill)

7. ISO #3657
    Community
    XHF, MU
    AKA
    Caffrey
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    Jamie is the kind of person who would have been a nk night one on the Syndicate. Few ties to anyone, getting generally town read, clearly a strong player, and possibly he was holding back a little because he was a pr. I think it's a cultural thing. Jamie didn't seem like a mistake for a kill to me at all (although, I will admit, I was expecting whiskey to be the kill)
    If I had that back, I would have killed Zexy first, then Whiskey.

8. ISO #3658
    Community
    Everybody Edits Forums
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself
    trigger warning i guess, that's a joke, d1 i piss on a lot of people so yeah you may be offended. open in notepad or something to read it

here

9. ISO #3659
    Wants It Most Apoc's Avatar Game Manager
    Benneh posted 189 times and got shot by the town vigilante?

wut

10. ISO #3660
    Community
    twoplustwo
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoc View Post

wut
    You can never be too careful

11. ISO #3661
    Community
    Everybody Edits Forums
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself
    yeeeeah i was kind of retard on my d1 kill

12. ISO #3662
    Community
    DragonMount
    Quote Originally Posted by Kami View Post
    Hul

13. ISO #3663
    Ruler of the Universe Thingyman's Avatar Administrator
    Community
    PokerNet / 2+2
    I will reveal the 2 advancees in 20 mins -- over in the general thread!

14. ISO #3664
    Timezone
    UTC+01:00
    Community
    PokerNet
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoc View Post

wut
    It's a common tactic for scums to try to look so solvy that the actual towns will look unsolvy in comparison, so they can easier get them mislynched.
    Benneh trying so hard on D1, is borderline lolcatting

15. ISO #3665
    Community
    Zelda Dungeon
    Not at all

You had 25 posts, didn't particularly give off a PR-y vibe (whatever that means in a game where no one knows each other, which is kind of the point) and were in the POE and thus someone the wolves could have pushed; for those reasons alone it was stupid to kill you n1.

You may well have decimated the wolf team if they'd left you alive; who can say. But the wolves definitely made a strategic error killing you n1.
    trust me, i wish i wasnt killed n1. im usually a bit slow on d1, largely because of the culture of my board (our d1s are absolute garbage), and that d1 being so messy i ended up not posting much. didnt think i'd be a maf target. in a way it makes me proud, in another way it makes me extremely sad because i didnt have a chance to prove myself. however, someone had to die n1, lol, so nothing you can do

16. ISO #3666
    Community
    PlayDip
    As to your ideas on balance, I will say that thingy has taken a fair bit of the general MU gestalt about game design, balance, and other such things from 2p2, and I will say that the high degree of asperger's on that site makes me pretty confident that we're relatively close to the optimal balance. Generally 3:1 village:wolf is kind of the default ratio, which is then tweaked as necessary based on the relative strength of the roles, if any, in the game. It sounds like you'd prefer either a straight vanilla game (which is really all about the seer hunt) or mish-mashes (games where the set-up is unknown to the players, which leaves lots of room for creativity with respect to fakeclaims and whatnot) as opposed to this type of vanilla+ set-up where the known roles constrain how creative wolves can be.

And I don't necessarily [dis]agree with that; mashes are infinitely more interesting and difficult imo.
    The one big disagreement is the seer-hunting. I think the seer-hunting/follow-the-seer playstyle is terribly boring. I get that it's a different set of skills in the town trying to give the seer cover and the seer trying to use investigations without revealing. I did not really appreciate that in Sharing is Caring, which is a huge part of why I found the town so useless. The thing a lot of players were putting a lot of effort into looked like pure $#@!ery to me.

I'd consider a true vanilla game to have no roles at all, and I do enjoy those just fine. The additions we usually bolt onto vanilla games is the existence of roles/abilities/items that are not alignment indicative. My favorite ever game was a 9:3 with roles that were 95% flavor. Along with the lynch vote, a vote was held to choose a Mayor every day, the Mayor was publicly bullet-proof. Each player also drew up a list of players submitted each night, and whichever player was elected Mayor had their top pick automatically appointed Sheriff, who served as a jailkeeper for that night. So the roles float and are only alignment-indicative to the extent that the village tries not to elect a scum Mayor, who in turn tries not to appoint a scum Sheriff (town win). Other recent favorite setups included an 8:3 with no roles, but the town got to elect (4 minus the number of the Day phase) players every day that could not be night-killed that night (scum win), and a 9:3 in which everybody had a role, including a vigilante and a player whose role was the ability to switch other people's roles, but the roles were randomly distributed (so the vig could be mafia), and each member of the mafia could attempt a night-kill each night, but the night-kill only succeeded if the mafia could correctly guess the role of the target (town win). In none of these set-ups is role-claiming town-clearing, and in that last it's downright deadly.