Page 2 of 92 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 6, Game 6: The Wonderful 101 [The Mafia Championship]

1. ISO #51
    Community
    DailyMafia/ConquerClub/MafiaMania
    Quote Originally Posted by WaywardSon (#40)
    Quote Originally Posted by mtamburini (#38)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean3095 (#23)
    I started to read through game 1 to get a feel for the setup while it was almost over and gave up partway through because it was so much to read all the way from the beginning. Anyone else look through those games?
    This doesn’t seem relevant. These games weren’t created to be broken. Going to have to scumhunt and make towncircles to win this.
    This comes from a townie mindset
    POCKET DENIED

2. ISO #52
    Community
    Quote Originally Posted by Stylether (#42)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean3095 (#34)
    Ok, thanks.

@El Quintron
    @Stylether

Y'all still around? You kinda showed up and then disappeared.
    Ah, my apologies. In my attempt to rest my weary legs, I seem to have been content to just enjoy the campfire.

If I have any goods that might interest you, please do mention. I happen to have excellent woolen goods, woven together like faux-silk. I happen to specialize in Ceiling Mattresses, please do try them out once.
    Why are you writing in italics

3. ISO #53
    Community
    Quote Originally Posted by WaywardSon (#46)
    Quote Originally Posted by mtamburini (#33)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ro3 (#13)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunnelby (#12)
    Good morning! I don't really... do the random voting thing, but the spirit is there!
    I don't really do it either, but I played with tambo last year, so I figure I may as well do it.
    When you’re done fooling around we can lunch el quint person
    Do you have experience with El Quintron?

Nope. Opening post was good enough for me

4. ISO #54
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Stylether (#50)
    As the mercantile offer is whisked away by the silence of other conversations, the slightly gruffled individual leans back and reclines onto the soft woolen carpet he had laid down beside the campfire. He slowly reaches into his pocket and takes one of the sticks from the campfire, lighting a small, ornate pipe from the burning stick. With a few puffs, he seems to relax and a his features regain his smile.

"I hope nobody minds. I'm always a little nervous before a big sale. Still, carpets, mattresses, even woolen coats. I need to fund my travel back, after all this, so please do buy some. Or not, I wouldn't want to demand a purchase from those who are united by destiny. Regardless, where ever this leads, allow me to do this."

The man reaches into the other pocket, the burning stick now only slightly lit by ember. He takes out his hand, holding a soft, white and spongy cube. After placing it on the stick, he aims the white cube over the campfire, a slight whistle leaving his lips.
    Not sure what to make of this.

5. ISO #55
    Community
    Quote Originally Posted by WaywardSon (#54)
    As the mercantile offer is whisked away by the silence of other conversations, the slightly gruffled individual leans back and reclines onto the soft woolen carpet he had laid down beside the campfire. He slowly reaches into his pocket and takes one of the sticks from the campfire, lighting a small, ornate pipe from the burning stick. With a few puffs, he seems to relax and a his features regain his smile.

"I hope nobody minds. I'm always a little nervous before a big sale. Still, carpets, mattresses, even woolen coats. I need to fund my travel back, after all this, so please do buy some. Or not, I wouldn't want to demand a purchase from those who are united by destiny. Regardless, where ever this leads, allow me to do this."

The man reaches into the other pocket, the burning stick now only slightly lit by ember. He takes out his hand, holding a soft, white and spongy cube. After placing it on the stick, he aims the white cube over the campfire, a slight whistle leaving his lips.
    Putting them in quarantine and letting them be crazy by themselves

6. ISO #56
    Timezone
    Community
    Mafia Games Discord
    AKA
    Bun
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself + he/him/his/his/himself
    I'm starting to want more out of Style, more along the lines of at least socializing if not solving. They seem like they're roleplaying with themself.

7. ISO #57
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    Devil's Nest
    AKA
    Bwae
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by mtamburini (#52)
    Ok, thanks.

@El Quintron
    @Stylether

Ah, my apologies. In my attempt to rest my weary legs, I seem to have been content to just enjoy the campfire.

If I have any goods that might interest you, please do mention. I happen to have excellent woolen goods, woven together like faux-silk. I happen to specialize in Ceiling Mattresses, please do try them out once.
    "Apologies, once more, my dear acquaintance. I have spent many a months travelling there, and most of it in the company of an Italian friend of mine, from the city of Dreams. It is with great sadness that I must confess that he was burned at the stake be one of the Lords whose domain we travelled through. Something about wooing a daughter of the local nobility. He was burned for the sin of being a Witch, a Warlock, and a devil's worshipper, all at the same time.

I did not know you could be both a Witch and a Warlock. The more you learn."

"No need to make anything of it, oh fine stranger. Unless you wish to buy some goods. Or can I interest you in a drink perhaps? My Italian friend has left me his wine, and I still have a bottle or 12."

8. ISO #58
    Timezone
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by mtamburini (#55)

Putting them in quarantine and letting them be crazy by themselves
    Sounds like a solid plan.

9. ISO #59
    Community
    Discord Werewolf
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunnelby (#56)
    I'm starting to want more out of Style, more along the lines of at least socializing if not solving. They seem like they're roleplaying with themself.
    it's less of "seems" and more of "is". the game basically just started though so idrc - im assuming they'll actually play the game sometime, hopefully soon-ish

10. ISO #60
    Community
    Quote Originally Posted by PokeSvorlds (#59)
    it's less of "seems" and more of "is". the game basically just started though so idrc - im assuming they'll actually play the game sometime, hopefully soon-ish
    Would you lunch then if they don’t ?

11. ISO #61
    Bandwagoner Magnificence Incarnate's Avatar
    Community
    Serenes Forest Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by PokeSvorlds (#49)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnificence Incarnate (#47)
    Hi all,it has been a while since I played mafia regularly but I'm very comfortable with noc. I hope we have a fun time and do our best , ^_^.
    heyo! Seconded, I wish a fun game to everyone as well - also uh what is "noc"
    "No outside contact" so all the talking happens in the thread only.

12. ISO #62
    Timezone
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Stylether (#57)
    Ok, thanks.

@El Quintron
    @Stylether

"Apologies, once more, my dear acquaintance. I have spent many a months travelling there, and most of it in the company of an Italian friend of mine, from the city of Dreams. It is with great sadness that I must confess that he was burned at the stake be one of the Lords whose domain we travelled through. Something about wooing a daughter of the local nobility. He was burned for the sin of being a Witch, a Warlock, and a devil's worshipper, all at the same time.

"No need to make anything of it, oh fine stranger. Unless you wish to buy some goods. Or can I interest you in a drink perhaps? My Italian friend has left me his wine, and I still have a bottle or 12."
    As much as the idea of getting a buzz on this morning appeals to me, I am more concerned with game atp. Might I ask is this something that is common place on your forum, i.e. posting in 'character?'

13. ISO #63
    Timezone
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnificence Incarnate (#61)
    Quote Originally Posted by PokeSvorlds (#49)
    Hi all,it has been a while since I played mafia regularly but I'm very comfortable with noc. I hope we have a fun time and do our best , ^_^.
    heyo! Seconded, I wish a fun game to everyone as well - also uh what is "noc"
    "No outside contact" so all the talking happens in the thread only.
    Learn new acronyms everyday.

14. ISO #64
    Community
    Discord Werewolf
    Quote Originally Posted by mtamburini (#60)
    depends. they say they are selling rugs so that sounds pretty nasty. be up for killing them but probably no lunch for me from that.
    actually depends though. its hard to consider the possibility they cont contribute at all cause like ofc they will but if they only do minimally then i'll judge on what's there

15. ISO #65
    Timezone
    Community
    Devil's Nest
    AKA
    Bwae
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by WaywardSon (#62)

As much as the idea of getting a buzz on this morning appeals to me, I am more concerned with game atp. Might I ask is this something that is common place on your forum, i.e. posting in 'character?'
    I have come from a long line, a legacy of sorts, of destined ones. I do not know from which families my graceful fellow destined ones may find their legacy from, but I can assure you, these differences in behavior is normal within my country.

Quote Originally Posted by PokeSvorlds (#64)
    depends. they say they are selling rugs so that sounds pretty nasty. be up for killing them but probably no lunch for me from that.
    actually depends though. its hard to consider the possibility they cont contribute at all cause like ofc they will but if they only do minimally then i'll judge on what's there
    I can see some dread in those words, I've seen the dread before in my father's eyes, before he left me. Do not fret, however, for even with our differences in customs, I will join your conversations without disregard.

However, that having been said, it was an exhausting travel here, so I usually try to rest for the first day. Jumping into activity when tired from the journey, barely knowing other people, is bound to lead to mistakes. I learned this much from my brother, back when he was still alive.

Still, a shepherd first, a merchant second, a destined one third, if you have need for goods, like the legendary Ceiling Mattress, please don't hesitate to ask me for details.

16. ISO #66
    Community
    Lunch is lynch. It auto corrects on my phone

17. ISO #67
    Community
    What is your definition of a while

18. ISO #68
    Community
    Canucks Community (CDC)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean3095 (#17)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunnelby (#16)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean3095 (#14)
    I almost forgot my password to this site oops

Hey everyone! Does anyone else just not understand what any of the flavor means at all?

Ooh, these bios are all really interesting. There's someone with a Mia profile picture, and a bio involving fire emblem, meaning we must become friends immediately.

To get some discussion going, can everyone tell me one difference this game setup/format has from the one you're used to, and how that will affect this game going forward? I'll start. Mafia seems to have a 24/7 chat, which I think will need to make us more wary of bussing and other things mafia can actually try to coordinate D1.
    I have the rapid-fire posting style because I'm from a non-forum environment, but it also means that I'll be devoting and spending more time going through and getting a feel for people. I'm not fully acclimated, but I'll try to suck it up for my community. -u-
    Haha, I feel that. I come from a discord group too. I am currently unsure whether I should just sit here and press the refresh button over and over or do some other activity and check back every 3 minutes.
    This exchange looks fake.

19. ISO #69
    Community
    Canucks Community (CDC)
    What's this? You're using empty words and phrases. Go into detail.

20. ISO #70
    Community
    Canucks Community (CDC)
    oh and glgl

I'm TP, but I don't ask you all to trust me right away. I can demonstrate.

21. ISO #71
    Community
    Canucks Community (CDC)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stylether (#65)
    Quote Originally Posted by WaywardSon (#62)

I have come from a long line, a legacy of sorts, of destined ones. I do not know from which families my graceful fellow destined ones may find their legacy from, but I can assure you, these differences in behavior is normal within my country.

Quote Originally Posted by PokeSvorlds (#64)
    I can see some dread in those words, I've seen the dread before in my father's eyes, before he left me. Do not fret, however, for even with our differences in customs, I will join your conversations without disregard.

However, that having been said, it was an exhausting travel here, so I usually try to rest for the first day. Jumping into activity when tired from the journey, barely knowing other people, is bound to lead to mistakes. I learned this much from my brother, back when he was still alive.

Still, a shepherd first, a merchant second, a destined one third, if you have need for goods, like the legendary Ceiling Mattress, please don't hesitate to ask me for details.
    One thinks of the Art of War: to be victorious, we must both know the enemy and know ourselves.

22. ISO #72
    Timezone
    Community
    Mafia Games Discord
    AKA
    Bun
    Pronouns
    What's this? You're using empty words and phrases. Go into detail.
    It was me trying to politely say that Style is kind of looking crazy by talking to themself and they're going to end up digging themself into a hole if this keeps up for a while. I want them to do something that's not roleplaying, so either socializing or giving us anything to hint at what they think or where they stand, the second being the more preferable option.

23. ISO #73
    Timezone
    Community
    Mafia Games Discord
    AKA
    Bun
    Pronouns
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean3095 (#14)
    I almost forgot my password to this site oops

Hey everyone! Does anyone else just not understand what any of the flavor means at all?

Ooh, these bios are all really interesting. There's someone with a Mia profile picture, and a bio involving fire emblem, meaning we must become friends immediately.

To get some discussion going, can everyone tell me one difference this game setup/format has from the one you're used to, and how that will affect this game going forward? I'll start. Mafia seems to have a 24/7 chat, which I think will need to make us more wary of bussing and other things mafia can actually try to coordinate D1.
    I have the rapid-fire posting style because I'm from a non-forum environment, but it also means that I'll be devoting and spending more time going through and getting a feel for people. I'm not fully acclimated, but I'll try to suck it up for my community. -u-
    Haha, I feel that. I come from a discord group too. I am currently unsure whether I should just sit here and press the refresh button over and over or do some other activity and check back every 3 minutes.
    Elaborate. Which parts of it seem fake to you and why?

24. ISO #74
    Community
    Canucks Community (CDC)
    Ok, thanks.

@El Quintron
    @Stylether

It's a game with 36 hour days. Why are you on people's asses 30 minutes into the first one?

25. ISO #75
    Community
    Canucks Community (CDC)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunnelby (#73)
    Quote Originally Posted by 112 (#68)
    'hey friends! i don't understand the game lol'

'lol i'm from a different environment of games, so i can relate to what you're saying'

'lol i am lost. where am i lol'

26. ISO #76
    Community
    Canucks Community (CDC)
    Quote Originally Posted by mtamburini (#38)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean3095 (#23)
    I started to read through game 1 to get a feel for the setup while it was almost over and gave up partway through because it was so much to read all the way from the beginning. Anyone else look through those games?
    This doesn’t seem relevant. These games weren’t created to be broken. Going to have to scumhunt and make towncircles to win this.
    Definitely. Moreover, every TP has a responsibility to think for themselves.

27. ISO #77
    Timezone
    Community
    Mafia Games Discord
    AKA
    Bun
    Pronouns

'lol i'm from a different environment of games, so i can relate to what you're saying'

I didn't say I didn't understand anywhere in that? I just said that I don't have as much experience in forum games and that, to make up for that lack of experience, I would be devoting more time and energy. I have the time to put in the effort, so I'm going to use it to the best of my abilities.

28. ISO #78
    Community
    Canucks Community (CDC)
    Ok, thanks.

@El Quintron
    @Stylether

Pink Floyd reference- nice.

29. ISO #79
    Timezone
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    I like 112 entrance into the thread. Damn. Take no prisoners.

30. ISO #80
    Community
    Canucks Community (CDC)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunnelby (#77)
    Quote Originally Posted by 112 (#75)

I didn't say I didn't understand anywhere in that? I just said that I don't have as much experience in forum games and that, to make up for that lack of experience, I would be devoting more time and energy. I have the time to put in the effort, so I'm going to use it to the best of my abilities.
    Okay. I said it appears fabricated. Why is the literal meaning of your words the only thing that matters when evaluating posts/exchanges for doctorship?

Regardless of the other things one can say about those posts, you're acting so bloody defensive over it right away, which is a huge flag.

31. ISO #81
    Community
    Canucks Community (CDC)
    Quote Originally Posted by WaywardSon (#79)
    I am so ready for this game, man.

32. ISO #82
    Timezone
    Community
    DSL Reports Pub Games
    Ok, thanks.

@El Quintron
    @Stylether

It's a game with 36 hour days. Why are you on people's asses 30 minutes into the first one?
    I'm cool with it, I've hosted less active forums and it can take days to filter out inactives... so while I feel 30 minutes is pretty short to ask for a ping, I'd like to signal that I'm still paying attention.

33. ISO #83
    Timezone
    Community
    Mafia Games Discord
    AKA
    Bun
    Pronouns

Okay. I said it appears fabricated. Why is the literal meaning of your words the only thing that matters when evaluating posts/exchanges for doctorship?

Regardless of the other things one can say about those posts, you're acting so bloody defensive over it right away, which is a huge flag.
    Okay, then I'll leave you to what you believe. I was answering a question addressed to the game. I'll let you take it as you will.

34. ISO #84
    Timezone
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by WaywardSon (#79)
    I am so ready for this game, man.

Man, I get tingles.

35. ISO #85
    Community
    Canucks Community (CDC)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunnelby (#83)
    Quote Originally Posted by 112 (#80)

Okay, then I'll leave you to what you believe. I was answering a question addressed to the game. I'll let you take it as you will.
    Fair enough.

For those rereading: consider whether this is anti-spew.

36. ISO #86
    Community
    Canucks Community (CDC)
    wayward, style, and mtam are my early town reads.

37. ISO #87
    Community
    Canucks Community (CDC)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Quintron (#82)
    Quote Originally Posted by 112 (#74)
    Ok, thanks.

@El Quintron
    @Stylether

I'm cool with it, I've hosted less active forums and it can take days to filter out inactives... so while I feel 30 minutes is pretty short to ask for a ping, I'd like to signal that I'm still paying attention.
    I wasn't asking out of concern for you, haha. It is such a weird thing to do from Sean's perspective.

38. ISO #88
    Timezone
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    wayward, style, and mtam are my early town reads.
    Not entirely sold on style, but that will sort itself. I agree on mtam. As well as you.

##Unvote 112

##Vote El Quintron

For admitted slanking. Do you have anything to add to the game atp?

39. ISO #89
    Timezone
    Community
    B&C Gaming
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Ok, thanks.

@El Quintron
    @Stylether

It's not like I was pinging everyone who hadn't shown up yet at that point in time for activity. That starting message from Quintron looked real bad, just a checking in message. If someone is not going to be here to do something, they shouldn't be there at all.

40. ISO #90
    Timezone
    UTC+01:00
    Community
    Dominating 12
    oh and glgl

What's TP? Sorry first game here.

41. ISO #91
    Timezone
    Community
    Devil's Nest
    AKA
    Bwae
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean3095 (#89)
    Ok, thanks.

@El Quintron
    @Stylether

It's not like I was pinging everyone who hadn't shown up yet at that point in time for activity. That starting message from Quintron looked real bad, just a checking in message. If someone is not going to be here to do something, they shouldn't be there at all.
    "I do not mind this call to attention, I appreciate the sentiment, and I can understand his concern. However, there is nothing to fret or worry here today, for I have enough marshmallows to keep on going.

I have a great love for anything that puffs or floofs.

With that in mind, I need to tell you all about my latest product, the Ceiling Mattress.

Having become one of the most popular goods of my legacy, this wonderful product can be hung against the ceiling using the adhesive tape that comes with it. Never need you worry about when or where to rest your weary eyes, whilst being safe from home invaders or peering neighbours.

I assure you, if you buy a Ceiling Mattress today, that I will give you a marshmallow with it for free.

They are pretty tasty after all."

42. ISO #92
    Timezone
    Community
    B&C Gaming
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Anaxagore (#90)
    Quote Originally Posted by 112 (#70)
    oh and glgl

TP is town protective. Doctor, bodyguard, that sort of thing.

43. ISO #93
    Timezone
    UTC+01:00
    Community
    Dominating 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean3095 (#92)
    oh and glgl

Thanks!

44. ISO #94
    Timezone
    Community
    B&C Gaming
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself

Fair enough.

Can you clarify what anti-spew means?

45. ISO #95
    Timezone
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    oh and glgl

Would accuse you of role hunting, but I can buy your experience reason.

46. ISO #96
    Timezone
    Community
    Devil's Nest
    AKA
    Bwae
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean3095 (#94)
    Quote Originally Posted by 112 (#85)

Fair enough.

Can you clarify what anti-spew means?
    "I can answer this, I have record of it in one of my tomes."

"Ah yes, it says so here:"

Anti-spew- Usually used to refer to when a mafia-aligned player is very close to being killed and goes into 'anti-spew', where they are careful about their wording so that town are not able to determine who is/isn’t their partner(s) after they flip mafia.

"I hope this information aids you."

47. ISO #97
    Community
    Canucks Community (CDC)
    Ok, thanks.

@El Quintron
    @Stylether

You know, the feeling I get from all of your posts is that you ASPIRE to contribute or at substance to the game, but everything you're saying up to now seems empty.

You're hinting at some kind of fixed game principles--everyone should do x, y, z, whatever--but don't recognize that this is bad play. And it's the kind of bad play scum try to hide behind. You're sus.

oh and glgl

TP means non-roled townsperson on my home site, although we use it to describe affiliations rather than roles mostly.

48. ISO #98
    Community
    Canucks Community (CDC)
    add substance*

49. ISO #99
    Timezone
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Ok, thanks.

@El Quintron
    @Stylether

You know, the feeling I get from all of your posts is that you ASPIRE to contribute or at substance to the game, but everything you're saying up to now seems empty.

You're hinting at some kind of fixed game principles--everyone should do x, y, z, whatever--but don't recognize that this is bad play. And it's the kind of bad play scum try to hide behind. You're sus.

oh and glgl

TP means non-roled townsperson on my home site, although we use it to describe affiliations rather than roles mostly.
    I was thinking that it wasn't a early claim of protection role. Thanks for clarification.

50. ISO #100
    Community
    Canucks Community (CDC)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Quintron (#11)
    Checking in!
    lmao how null is this.

come on