Page 3 of 83 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 6, Game 5: The Legacy of the SANDS [The Mafia Championship] (RERAND)

1. ISO #101
    Thread Analyst The Mighty Quinn's Avatar
    Timezone
    UTC-06:00
    Community
    Giraffe Boards
    AKA
    Thing Fish
    Quote Originally Posted by grapefruit21 (#66)
    I said it last game because I thought it was true without a plan I don't think a claim plan makes sense. I think we should trust people to claim as normal and not worry too much biut mafia faking claims. Every role is claim-able. I was starting to put some plans together in my head but nothing required lying. Just taking actions based on our stated reads.

Anyway @funnier6 what makes you think I'm scummy here? And why aren't you voting me?
    Yeah, the more I thought about it the more my head hurt. I don't think there can be a single optimal claiming strategy for this setup since there are so many variables. Other than obviously everyone living should claim and give all info on Day Five.

2. ISO #102
    Timezone
    Community
    Giraffe Boards
    AKA
    Thing Fish
    Quote Originally Posted by Vault_Dweller (#68)
    I'm here (again).

Not a lot to go on so far, the whole reaction test discussion feels NAI to me, or I'm just not good at reading into it. Will re-read again to see if anything pops up.

Also, as mentioned previously, a mass-claim beginning of D3 is in order.
    Can you explain more about why mass claiming D3 is good? The obvious problem I see is that it allows the wolves to identify the townies who still have powers left and target them.

3. ISO #103
    Timezone
    Community
    Giraffe Boards
    AKA
    Thing Fish
    Quote Originally Posted by funnier6 (#80)
    Also I am not the kind of person who makes a serious vote at this point in the game except for pressure. I rarely if ever am confident that someone is scum on day one and that's with people I play with all the time. Whoever I end up voting today is probably just going to be someone I feel like I'm not going to be able to read correctly if I don't like the other options.
    Cosigned.

So, Mason buddy, what bugs you about Vault Dweller? I am liking how he states his points simply and directly without hedging. Also, both last game when he was town, and now, he hasn't been reluctant to make early town reads, which is something I find scum are usually reluctant to do.

4. ISO #104
    Timezone
    Community
    Giraffe Boards
    AKA
    Thing Fish
    @Lambdadelta

So I think your play style is to push people rather aggressively to see how they react correct. Who are you thinking of pushing today.

Anyone who posted about this

Also can people tell me why they are scumreading someone for posting the same thing twice in a row. Do you think it’s because they wanted to seem like they were last game when they were town?
    That seems like a weird question to ask Lambda. Are you worried based on last game that when she starts pressuring someone, she might do it so subtly that you might not notice?

5. ISO #105
    Community
    Throne Of Lies
    AKA
    FK, Firekitten
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty Quinn (#104)
    Quote Originally Posted by Litten (#91)
    @Lambdadelta

So I think your play style is to push people rather aggressively to see how they react correct. Who are you thinking of pushing today.

Also can people tell me why they are scumreading someone for posting the same thing twice in a row. Do you think it’s because they wanted to seem like they were last game when they were town?
    That seems like a weird question to ask Lambda. Are you worried based on last game that when she starts pressuring someone, she might do it so subtly that you might not notice?
    It’s that I don’t see anyone really scummy right now and I’m very interested in what they do lmao

6. ISO #106
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    PlayWrite
    opinion: using something from last game that got you townread would be benefitial as either alignment, so it's NAI

Tell me about your growth, Alolan fire cat. You mentioned getting better at this game and leaving out of a deep hole. How exactly? What changes did you make to your playstyle?
    I feel I could get a small push on getting a read on you by knowing you better

7. ISO #107
    Timezone
    Community
    PlayWrite
    Also, I was 100 years away from getting the scum in that game. Chelsea's reputation precedes her, no doubt!
    Gonna have to do more than just my best.

8. ISO #108
    Timezone
    Community
    PlayWrite
    Alright so I actually thought they said they were excited about rolling town last game but I guess they didn’t.

But then when I read their iso this game

Quote Originally Posted by funnier6 (#23)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drixx (#16)
    Choxorn posting the exact same weird wall as first post is pinging me.

I hate the WiFoM nature of funnier's entrance. It's a reroll. He was scum before. That entrance doesn't seem to serve any town purpose at all. There's also a roughly 1 in 4 chance he rolled scum again. Those two things make that post fairly nauseating.

Was anyone watching closely enough in the now aborted first game to catch what I laid down early?
    You let entrances ping you too much. What would be a towny entrance if you don't mind my asking. Besides this post of course which is obviously the towniest entrance I've ever seen. Considering you find wifom nauseating, I would like to point that your entire claim strategy is wifom and quite nauseating to me but I just ignored it instead of using it to shade you because it was probably NAI anyway.

Its gonna be a lot of fun playing with you I can feel it. Love your avatar btw, keep forgetting to mention. Chox's too.
    Quote Originally Posted by grapefruit21 (#17)
    I know. Let's wagon someone not here. It will be fun!
    I forgot to mention in my bio but I also think lynching inactive (for being inactives) is dumb and flawed and I also don't think cfds are good for anything. I've never actually participated in one I don't think but the idea of changing your mind and going with the crowd to someone else at the very end is just ugh. "Why'd you move to x?" "Well, everybody was doing it." "Oh." And yes I realize that's unrelated but I've been meaning to bring it up and kept forgetting.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty Quinn (#18)
    Well, that was...unexpected.

This should be interesting; now we all have just enough meta on each other to be dangerous!

It's going to affect my participation, though, I'm afraid. i had rearranged my whole work schedule for June to free up as much time as possible during Day phases...meaning that I made myself super busy during Night phases...which are now going to be the end of Day phases. Well, I'll make do. (And yes, that means that even before the randI was preparing based on the assumption that I would still be around on Day Eight. So you see why I don't buy that making that assumption is a scumtell).
    That sucks. Tbh if I'm still alive on day four I'd be extremely disappointed cause that means either a whole lot of people are playing better than me or my reads absolutely suck. Also because I've never played an MU game before and just keeping up with all the hundreds of posts takes up so much time and energy. If I was alive on day eight I'd be absolutely dead inside if not just dead period since that means I'd have been putting up with this game for an entire month.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty Quinn (#19)
    Quote Originally Posted by funnier6 (#9)
    I'M HECKING TOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YUS
    I hope so. You had me completely fooled.
    I think our play styles are kinda similar and thats why you were inclined to town lean me. Also why I'm inclined to town read you. I haven't gotten around to reading all the meta yet but before I was planning to post a not-really-a-reads list with players whose play styles make me want to town read and things like that and I think I'll do it anyway cause it'll give me a chance to start somewhere. I can already tell you I'm just going to decide you're town unless your meta absolutely paints a different picture cause we already agree on things and I need someone to be my mason if I'm going to survive this game. If you're scum oh well, get your sweet revenge and I'll keep my scum reads close and my town reads closer.
    This post is one of the towniest posts I have seen in a while. I think the fact that they are just going to decide someone is town is really towny especially compared to their last game.
    Can I take that you're townreading him?

9. ISO #109
    Timezone
    Community
    PlayWrite
    Unless I missed something, QTesseract didn't post in neither game, right?

Quote Originally Posted by funnier6 (#9)
    I'M HECKING TOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YUS
    Not enough exclamation points to express happiness. Fake news?

Quote Originally Posted by funnier6 (#11)
    Quote Originally Posted by Choxorn (#10)
    That sounds like something a mafia would say.
    Not anymore bb

Seems like something Mafia would say.

##Vote Choxorn

RVSers unite!
    RVS? I thought you were the serious type!

Quote Originally Posted by grapefruit21 (#14)
    Quote Originally Posted by grapefruit21 (#13)
    ##Vote vonflare

I also just found out my homesite is getting deactivated. So fun times all around.

Anyway it's all good EK. Anyway it will be interesting now that we have have a bit of meta on everyone.
    RIP. Agreed about meta, although I feel like it won't be definitive in terms of reads. What's your take on people using meta from the last game to manipulate reads on them?

I hate the WiFoM nature of funnier's entrance. It's a reroll. He was scum before. That entrance doesn't seem to serve any town purpose at all. There's also a roughly 1 in 4 chance he rolled scum again. Those two things make that post fairly nauseating.

Was anyone watching closely enough in the now aborted first game to catch what I laid down early?
    You didn't say the same thing about Chelsea starting the same way...

Quote Originally Posted by EricKline (#22)
    Also, because I'm all but certain that the Chief Delphi chat is waiting for my opening staple:

If any mafia wanna step up now I have a high five with their name on it!
    Give us the name on the high five!

To be honest, seeing last game, you're going to slip your alignment again. Your writing style is pleasant for the eyes, and also, not sure if you did, but I need an answer for a question I posted before. I saw you mention that you prefer a calm game and to find mafia in such way. How did that work?

10. ISO #110
    Timezone
    Community
    PlayWrite
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty Quinn (#28)
    Yeah, funnier, I do think we have similar styles and I can tell I'm going to enjoy playing with you. I'm a little weirded out by your declaration that you're going to assume I'm Town, though.

RE: lynching inactives, fortunately anyone who totally blows off the game will be replaced so we don't have to worry about them. I do feel, though, that in this unusual situation of a game where most people don't know each other but we can assume that most players are very good, relative activity level is important in choosing early game lynches. At this very early point in the game, I'm not only asking myself "Does this player seem scummy?" but "Is this player posting enough meaningful content to make me feel confident that my read on them will improve over time?". So it's unlikely I'll end Today voting on a high poster.

I'm going to bed now but should have a big chunk of time tomorrow afternoon US time.

In the spirit of ice breaking, where is everyone from? I'm in Chicago, though my heart is in the Pacific Northwest. I am passionate about, among other things, the Grateful Dead and Tottenham Hotspur Football Club.
    A Grateful Dead fan!?!? HELLO! Touch of Grey & Sugar Magnolia; you?

What's your take on other players reading you the same way as funnier for similar playstyle? Would it be accurate?

11. ISO #111
    Timezone
    Community
    PlayWrite
    Joke reasoning: Scum has already parked their vote somewhere and went to chill in scumchat. RNG chose Litten
    ##Vote Litten

12. ISO #112
    Timezone
    Community
    PlayWrite
    The quietness around here is unusual, I'll admit. I don't think being new to each other is the real cause. Many new players don't quiet like that in new communities, I believe, so what's different?

A question for all, but quoting @Litten. You've "traveled" a lot, was it like this for you?

13. ISO #113
    Community
    Throne Of Lies
    AKA
    FK, Firekitten
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    opinion: using something from last game that got you townread would be benefitial as either alignment, so it's NAI

Tell me about your growth, Alolan fire cat. You mentioned getting better at this game and leaving out of a deep hole. How exactly? What changes did you make to your playstyle?
    Okay so this may be a long post

After my first game I joined I didn’t really care about winning the game. I cared about just joking around during a match which caused people to get annoyed with me. I was often compared to a person called memesky who did the same thing I did. People hated us sometimes. Eventually, a person who joined our site later then I did was getting considered better then me (which I thought was strange because I joined first shouldn’t I be better, yes I’m ignorant in the first half of this story). Then I realized something, it was because I didn’t try so I tried to get better at the game and to actually try to win a game. However, people said that even when I did try that I was no better then memesky. (Which made me upset getting compared to him when I was actually trying and he wasn’t. It kind of felt like I was being insulted. Of course memesky didn’t care about getting called annoying). I was basically still trash at the game and didn’t know how to get better.

I asked around. First I went to a guy named Marluxion, a guy who was known for being a town leader and then he replied with a shrug emoji. I then went to a person named Hippo and asked “okay so you call me bad, why am I bad?” They told me that I focused too much on self preservation and that is why you are bad. Your goal isn’t to survive it’s to catch scum. If you explain your thought process clearly you will never get mislynched. It works for me because I have never been Mislynched. So I then asked how to get better at scumreading and he basically glossed over it. I didn’t really understand it a lot so I then went to a guy named Eevee. Now Eevee told me something interesting. Scum hunting isn’t the only way to hunt scum, in fact it’s provably the most boring way. They told me about gambits blah blah blah so I tried it out in a game when I was in a neighbhor chat with someone I told them that I was a neutral evil who knew they were scum due to one of my abilities and they basically denied it so I took it as them being town. I was still bad at the game but at least I was getting better. I focused more on trying to find scum rather then staying alive. Eventually there was a game where I did well in and I lead a lynch on scum day one. After that I was considered a town leader that game as the most cleared person there and it felt..awkward. The pressure seemed high for me as I wasn’t ever used to being a Town Leader. Fast toward time and then Eevee came to me and asked if you wanted help as I could teach you. I shly agreed (Fun fact unless I talk to you a lot I will always be nervous around you even if I don’t sound like it). Eventually, after that people in my site considered me an accurate reader on that site and I was out of the grave that I dug. My play style then was to be aggressive and sometimes try to reaction test people. It worked effectively. The scariest part of that was when I realized something. That Icibalus, Hippo, Marluxion. They aren’t the best players even though they seemed like the best players to me when I was bad. It gave me a new perspective on mafia.

Basically I got a lot more aggressive started to use reaction tests and stuff. However I think on different sites I have different play styles. Here I’m not focused on mechanics at all right now nor am I fixated on my role. While on other sites (one of them is hypixel who has role madness games) I focus more on having fun with mechanics there.

In total I’m probably going to be cautious this game rather then aggressive but maybe mid way through the game D2 it will change as I get more comfortable here.

14. ISO #114
    Community
    Throne Of Lies
    AKA
    FK, Firekitten
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    The quietness around here is unusual, I'll admit. I don't think being new to each other is the real cause. Many new players don't quiet like that in new communities, I believe, so what's different?

A question for all, but quoting @Litten. You've "traveled" a lot, was it like this for you?
    On pokebeach people are really inactive compared to hypixel people are way more active. It depends more on a person’s time rather then the community. I think most people joined here because they didn’t have time to nolife like me.

15. ISO #115
    Community
    Throne Of Lies
    AKA
    FK, Firekitten
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Litten (#88)
    Alright so I actually thought they said they were excited about rolling town last game but I guess they didn’t.

But then when I read their iso this game

Quote Originally Posted by funnier6 (#23)

You let entrances ping you too much. What would be a towny entrance if you don't mind my asking. Besides this post of course which is obviously the towniest entrance I've ever seen. Considering you find wifom nauseating, I would like to point that your entire claim strategy is wifom and quite nauseating to me but I just ignored it instead of using it to shade you because it was probably NAI anyway.

Its gonna be a lot of fun playing with you I can feel it. Love your avatar btw, keep forgetting to mention. Chox's too.
    Quote Originally Posted by grapefruit21 (#17)
    I know. Let's wagon someone not here. It will be fun!
    I forgot to mention in my bio but I also think lynching inactive (for being inactives) is dumb and flawed and I also don't think cfds are good for anything. I've never actually participated in one I don't think but the idea of changing your mind and going with the crowd to someone else at the very end is just ugh. "Why'd you move to x?" "Well, everybody was doing it." "Oh." And yes I realize that's unrelated but I've been meaning to bring it up and kept forgetting.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty Quinn (#18)
    Well, that was...unexpected.

This should be interesting; now we all have just enough meta on each other to be dangerous!

It's going to affect my participation, though, I'm afraid. i had rearranged my whole work schedule for June to free up as much time as possible during Day phases...meaning that I made myself super busy during Night phases...which are now going to be the end of Day phases. Well, I'll make do. (And yes, that means that even before the randI was preparing based on the assumption that I would still be around on Day Eight. So you see why I don't buy that making that assumption is a scumtell).
    That sucks. Tbh if I'm still alive on day four I'd be extremely disappointed cause that means either a whole lot of people are playing better than me or my reads absolutely suck. Also because I've never played an MU game before and just keeping up with all the hundreds of posts takes up so much time and energy. If I was alive on day eight I'd be absolutely dead inside if not just dead period since that means I'd have been putting up with this game for an entire month.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty Quinn (#19)
    I hope so. You had me completely fooled.
    I think our play styles are kinda similar and thats why you were inclined to town lean me. Also why I'm inclined to town read you. I haven't gotten around to reading all the meta yet but before I was planning to post a not-really-a-reads list with players whose play styles make me want to town read and things like that and I think I'll do it anyway cause it'll give me a chance to start somewhere. I can already tell you I'm just going to decide you're town unless your meta absolutely paints a different picture cause we already agree on things and I need someone to be my mason if I'm going to survive this game. If you're scum oh well, get your sweet revenge and I'll keep my scum reads close and my town reads closer.
    This post is one of the towniest posts I have seen in a while. I think the fact that they are just going to decide someone is town is really towny especially compared to their last game.
    Can I take that you're townreading him?
    Right now I’m town reading them

16. ISO #116
    Timezone
    Community
    PlayWrite
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith (#106)

After my first game I joined I didn’t really care about winning the game. I cared about just joking around during a match which caused people to get annoyed with me. I was often compared to a person called memesky who did the same thing I did. People hated us sometimes. Eventually, a person who joined our site later then I did was getting considered better then me (which I thought was strange because I joined first shouldn’t I be better, yes I’m ignorant in the first half of this story). Then I realized something, it was because I didn’t try so I tried to get better at the game and to actually try to win a game. However, people said that even when I did try that I was no better then memesky. (Which made me upset getting compared to him when I was actually trying and he wasn’t. It kind of felt like I was being insulted. Of course memesky didn’t care about getting called annoying). I was basically still trash at the game and didn’t know how to get better.

I asked around. First I went to a guy named Marluxion, a guy who was known for being a town leader and then he replied with a shrug emoji. I then went to a person named Hippo and asked “okay so you call me bad, why am I bad?” They told me that I focused too much on self preservation and that is why you are bad. Your goal isn’t to survive it’s to catch scum. If you explain your thought process clearly you will never get mislynched. It works for me because I have never been Mislynched. So I then asked how to get better at scumreading and he basically glossed over it. I didn’t really understand it a lot so I then went to a guy named Eevee. Now Eevee told me something interesting. Scum hunting isn’t the only way to hunt scum, in fact it’s provably the most boring way. They told me about gambits blah blah blah so I tried it out in a game when I was in a neighbhor chat with someone I told them that I was a neutral evil who knew they were scum due to one of my abilities and they basically denied it so I took it as them being town. I was still bad at the game but at least I was getting better. I focused more on trying to find scum rather then staying alive. Eventually there was a game where I did well in and I lead a lynch on scum day one. After that I was considered a town leader that game as the most cleared person there and it felt..awkward. The pressure seemed high for me as I wasn’t ever used to being a Town Leader. Fast toward time and then Eevee came to me and asked if you wanted help as I could teach you. I shly agreed (Fun fact unless I talk to you a lot I will always be nervous around you even if I don’t sound like it). Eventually, after that people in my site considered me an accurate reader on that site and I was out of the grave that I dug. My play style then was to be aggressive and sometimes try to reaction test people. It worked effectively. The scariest part of that was when I realized something. That Icibalus, Hippo, Marluxion. They aren’t the best players even though they seemed like the best players to me when I was bad. It gave me a new perspective on mafia.

Basically I got a lot more aggressive started to use reaction tests and stuff. However I think on different sites I have different play styles. Here I’m not focused on mechanics at all right now nor am I fixated on my role. While on other sites (one of them is hypixel who has role madness games) I focus more on having fun with mechanics there.

In total I’m probably going to be cautious this game rather then aggressive but maybe mid way through the game D2 it will change as I get more comfortable here.
    Good. Very good. The display of your growth based on jealously is great, as if I was reading a novel. However, I may be wrong but if you've completely stopped focusing on self-preservation, my thought is that it you would easily break down under pressure. Is that perhaps why you didn't react at all to my vote on you?

17. ISO #117
    Community
    Zelda Dungeon
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Vault_Dweller (#82)
    That’s a very neat way to prevent us from reading your mafia game. (Also known as you have to create an account to read it)
    I literally wasn't allowed to register cause I kept getting the verification questions wrong. It's kind of hilarious but super annoying cause why cant guests just view the forum?? :c

@Vault_Dweller can you link a scum game that I don't need to sign up to view? ^^'
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrigan (#95)
    Quote Originally Posted by Litten (#93)
    Alright let’s make this thread not dead.

@Morrigan you said earlier that when you are mafia you change your style to seem more like town. Right here it seems like you are a completely different person then from last game (You sounded way more formal last game). Why is that, is this how you normally sound as town. The thing is with that noticeable gap between your town and scum games I think you would have noticed it by now and tried to patch it. Also why are you terrified of us. Did we scare you last game?
    Again I said it was mostly a joke. I was mostly formal cause I didn't know anyone and assumed the nature of the game was to be intense I guess. Also as I was mostly defending myself, I would of course be formal and logical to explain my defence. Usually I'm casual with most games, cause with my community everyone knows other people, and I tend to play with friends most of the time. And as mafia or town, I always change my playstyle up. Sometime I'm aggressive, other times I'll be passive or stay unnoticed. It all depends on the direction the game is going. Which the last game showed me, can be very unpredictable.
    So you were formal because you didn't know anyone but you still don't know anyone yet you're not nearly as formal. Why?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty Quinn (#99)
    Quote Originally Posted by funnier6 (#37)
    'm used to playing with at least one person who plays like me and I town read and bounce thoughts off of all game. (shoutout to Minish, LG, sunfan, and the rest of the clones ) Basically if I assume youre town for the time being than I can throw out trying to read you and just get your opinions on my opinions and working together we can solve the game or if you're scum by sticking to you like glue I should be able to realize your scum eventually by flawed thought processes. There's four mafia out there anyway so I don't see why I should be worried. So you wanna be masons?
    Sure, why not? I'm encouraged that you didn't try to find a Mason last game as scum.
    Cool!

To give my take on your meta read there it was kind of going that direction last game but I doubt I would've gone as far as to decide you're town. I was expecting to disagree on everything with everyone in this game so I didn't have a plan for this sort of thing lol.

Quote Originally Posted by fdas (#100)
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurentus (#96)
    I'm mostly sold on Litten not being a mobster. Dead games are only good for the mafia.
    The whole idea of active people being town is complete bogus.
    It's not complete bogus actually. Of course you cant exclude active people pushing activity from being scum but you'd be surprised how many times half or more of a given scum team is in the low posters. Active people need more content, and that means its easier to read them than less active with less content, so high posting scum have to be really good if they expect to not be caught.

18. ISO #118
    Community
    Liar's Club/Mafiascum
    A lot of words posted this game and not a lot of them mean jack $#@!. Let's get this $#@!ing $#@! back on track. Apologies I wasn't here yesterday by the by. Was a bit busy.

Regardless, let's start..... here.

I'm mostly sold on Litten not being a mobster. Dead games are only good for the mafia.
    I could go into a long debate about whether activity v. lurking is town alignment indicative but.... I'm more concerned with the INTENT behind this action. You don't... take this opportunity to present an alternative reason or read on this player (Litten) you just discredit the town read on them. I have to wonder what benefit this serves. Do you think Litten is scum? If so, why not elucidate to this effect? Do you think they are town? Then why waste time with this line of conversation. Do you have no real read on them? Then why discredit that line of logic like that, certainly giving people the opportunity to find each other as townies would benefit you as a townie right?

... right? You are a townie right?

Cause I struggle to find a townie motivation for this post, if I'm being honest.

##Vote fdas

19. ISO #119
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    diabloii.net
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty Quinn (#98)

Drixx seems even more aggressive this time around. I can't imagine how posts could possibly be more NAI than these two which he claims to be "pinged" by.
    Umm... Choxorn literally showed up first the moment the game opened in order to ... post the same weird wall of non game related crap that was posted the first time around and which Choxorn declined to comment on both times now.

There was clearly things to actually talk about given that the prior game aborted.

Then there's funnier6 who made a point of talking in the post game of the aborted game and saying he dislikes being scum. Then he jumps in (also basically immediately as soon as it started) to make an all caps "hooray I'm town!" post.

That screams of narrative. Rationally he obviously couldn't have known in the post game thread what his alignment would be for the reroll, so it's not quite "set up a future play" situation, but there's still a continuity there that pings.

Now ... both of those cases have fairly reasonable explanations for coming from town, which is why they got mentions to see if and how they would respond. On the whole, I feel that funnier seems more town than not from the back and forth we had.

##Vote Choxorn

I'll let that speak for itself I guess.

As for why I mentioned those two and not Chelsea ... are you guys daft? Chelsea hadn't posted yet when I made that post. Being constrained by TIME and everything, I couldn't possibly have known. You may want to note that I responded to Chelsea's entrance nearly immediately, and I even noted in that response that it was a repeat.

Also ... what's up with the low level activity and people not even checking in yet? Like ... I was warned to be ready to be deluged by posts and ... this is really underwhelming.

20. ISO #120
    Community
    Liar's Club/Mafiascum
    Quote Originally Posted by Litten (#113)

Good. Very good. The display of your growth based on jealously is great, as if I was reading a novel. However, I may be wrong but if you've completely stopped focusing on self-preservation, my thought is that it you would easily break down under pressure. Is that perhaps why you didn't react at all to my vote on you?
    My dude I don't know if it's just you that is making me twitch or if there's actually something wrong with this post.

Nevermind I figured it out. Are you trying to pocket this person? This feels reaaaaaaaaaly offtopic and more personal connection, like you're buildig a rapport as opposed to getting a read.

What is the purpose of this line of questioning towards Litten?

21. ISO #121
    Community
    Zelda Dungeon
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty Quinn (#103)
    So, Mason buddy, what bugs you about Vault Dweller? I am liking how he states his points simply and directly without hedging. Also, both last game when he was town, and now, he hasn't been reluctant to make early town reads, which is something I find scum are usually reluctant to do.
    Its not that I'm scum reading him or anything, especially since he was just town, but his play style is the type of thing I would normally find scummy. His posts in both games are extremely short and sweet and yes he says something game related and asks a question or something but he never explains anything and I would normally be worried that he was scum slipping under the radar by posting short forgettable posts every so often. I'm pretty sure he's the type of player who I have to ask to explain almost every post just so I can see where he's coming from. So thats what bugs me and why I said he's probably town anyway.

22. ISO #122
    Community
    Liar's Club/Mafiascum
    Quote Originally Posted by funnier6 (#121)
    Its not that I'm scum reading him or anything, especially since he was just town, but his play style is the type of thing I would normally find scummy. His posts in both games are extremely short and sweet and yes he says something game related and asks a question or something but he never explains anything and I would normally be worried that he was scum slipping under the radar by posting short forgettable posts every so often. I'm pretty sure he's the type of player who I have to ask to explain almost every post just so I can see where he's coming from. So thats what bugs me and why I said he's probably town anyway.
    I was with you on this logical progression right up until you said the bolded. All the rest works. It bothers you, harder to read, paranoia... it all fits.... but then calling him randomly town anyway. Can you explain why you did that? Doesn't that seem a bit... dissonant from your other thoughts here?

23. ISO #123
    Community
    Throne Of Lies
    AKA
    FK, Firekitten
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself

I’ll break if someone continues to push me for what I see as bad reasons (not your vote just usually). However I didn’t react to that because I didn’t feel the need to comment on it

24. ISO #124
    Community
    Liar's Club/Mafiascum
    @Lambdadelta

When this baby goes 88 miles an hour, you're gonna see some real $#@!...

25. ISO #125
    Community
    Throne Of Lies
    AKA
    FK, Firekitten
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Lambdadelta (#120)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith (#116)

My dude I don't know if it's just you that is making me twitch or if there's actually something wrong with this post.

Nevermind I figured it out. Are you trying to pocket this person? This feels reaaaaaaaaaly offtopic and more personal connection, like you're buildig a rapport as opposed to getting a read.

I was thinking this in my bead like what is he doing it seems weird but I guess I’m not the only one who thought this

26. ISO #126
    Community
    Throne Of Lies
    AKA
    FK, Firekitten
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself

I was thinking this in my bead like what is he doing it seems weird but I guess I’m not the only one who thought this
    Head*

27. ISO #127
    Community
    Zelda Dungeon
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    @Lambdadelta

It’s that I don’t see anyone really scummy right now and I’m very interested in what they do lmao
    Considering you expected her to come in and start pushing people aggressively why not just do something to a similar effect yourself?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith (#109)
    I think you're joking but I like to meme around at the beginning of the game as much as the next guy lol. I didn't have any good reason to meme vote anyone in the first game so I didn't bother.

28. ISO #128
    Timezone
    Community
    PlayWrite

I feel like you would understand it better if Litten who I specifically directed this to reacted to it instead of you. I don't see how it comes off as a pocket. It's intented to get a reaction from Litten.
    And why did you react to only this post of mine instead of the others?

29. ISO #129
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    Mafia42
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Quote Originally Posted by funnier6 (#117)
    Quote Originally Posted by Litten (#94)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vault_Dweller (#82)
    That’s a very neat way to prevent us from reading your mafia game. (Also known as you have to create an account to read it)
    I literally wasn't allowed to register cause I kept getting the verification questions wrong. It's kind of hilarious but super annoying cause why cant guests just view the forum?? :c

@Vault_Dweller can you link a scum game that I don't need to sign up to view? ^^'
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrigan (#95)

@Morrigan you said earlier that when you are mafia you change your style to seem more like town. Right here it seems like you are a completely different person then from last game (You sounded way more formal last game). Why is that, is this how you normally sound as town. The thing is with that noticeable gap between your town and scum games I think you would have noticed it by now and tried to patch it. Also why are you terrified of us. Did we scare you last game?
    Again I said it was mostly a joke. I was mostly formal cause I didn't know anyone and assumed the nature of the game was to be intense I guess. Also as I was mostly defending myself, I would of course be formal and logical to explain my defence. Usually I'm casual with most games, cause with my community everyone knows other people, and I tend to play with friends most of the time. And as mafia or town, I always change my playstyle up. Sometime I'm aggressive, other times I'll be passive or stay unnoticed. It all depends on the direction the game is going. Which the last game showed me, can be very unpredictable.
    So you were formal because you didn't know anyone but you still don't know anyone yet you're not nearly as formal. Why?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty Quinn (#99)
    Quote Originally Posted by funnier6 (#37)
    'm used to playing with at least one person who plays like me and I town read and bounce thoughts off of all game. (shoutout to Minish, LG, sunfan, and the rest of the clones ) Basically if I assume youre town for the time being than I can throw out trying to read you and just get your opinions on my opinions and working together we can solve the game or if you're scum by sticking to you like glue I should be able to realize your scum eventually by flawed thought processes. There's four mafia out there anyway so I don't see why I should be worried. So you wanna be masons?
    Sure, why not? I'm encouraged that you didn't try to find a Mason last game as scum.
    Cool!

To give my take on your meta read there it was kind of going that direction last game but I doubt I would've gone as far as to decide you're town. I was expecting to disagree on everything with everyone in this game so I didn't have a plan for this sort of thing lol.

It's not complete bogus actually. Of course you cant exclude active people pushing activity from being scum but you'd be surprised how many times half or more of a given scum team is in the low posters. Active people need more content, and that means its easier to read them than less active with less content, so high posting scum have to be really good if they expect to not be caught.
    Well I did also say I assumed the nature to be intense, which of course, since I hadn't seen how any of y'all play I would rather be serious in a light mood than casual in a formal/serious mood. I know how it's like and I'm semi-used to how the game works so it's not as confusing and unnerving as before. I had mentioned this before but, I'm used to playing way differently than this is set up so I'm doing my best to adapt

30. ISO #130
    Community
    Liar's Club/Mafiascum

I feel like you would understand it better if Litten who I specifically directed this to reacted to it instead of you. I don't see how it comes off as a pocket. It's intented to get a reaction from Litten.
    Pardon me? Is that the cry of "why me?"

Cause I've got a saying, and I know I ain't the only one who knows the addage.

"Why me? Fry me."

Also, for the record, your statement also happens to be false. I placed a vote and pressured 2 different people along with you. Which only makes your "why me?" worse, in context...

31. ISO #131
    Community
    Zelda Dungeon
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Lambdadelta (#122)
    I was with you on this logical progression right up until you said the bolded. All the rest works. It bothers you, harder to read, paranoia... it all fits.... but then calling him randomly town anyway. Can you explain why you did that? Doesn't that seem a bit... dissonant from your other thoughts here?
    All of the rest was my thoughts in a vacuum. The last bit at the end and in my not-really-a-reads list I made is because despite all those things VD was town last game. So when I consider that he's behaving the exact same way the inclination is that he's probably town this game.

32. ISO #132
    Community
    Liar's Club/Mafiascum

And had similar thoughts to me.

Also Also, how does my reaction prevent Litten's in this case?

And I still don't get what the purpose of the line of questioning is, Keith.

So don't dodge the question a second time, yeah? What is the purpose of that line of questioning towards Litten?

33. ISO #133
    Timezone
    Community
    PlayWrite
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Lambdadelta (#130)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith (#128)

"Why me? Fry me."

Also, for the record, your statement also happens to be false. I placed a vote and pressured 2 different people along with you. Which only makes your "why me?" worse, in context...
    I have the feeling you misread it. I meant my other posts, not other players'. Also, that saying isn't yours

34. ISO #134
    Community
    Liar's Club/Mafiascum
    Quote Originally Posted by funnier6 (#131)
    All of the rest was my thoughts in a vacuum. The last bit at the end and in my not-really-a-reads list I made is because despite all those things VD was town last game. So when I consider that he's behaving the exact same way the inclination is that he's probably town this game.
    Aight. Similar vein then, what are your reads on other players who have interacted so far?

35. ISO #135
    Community
    Liar's Club/Mafiascum
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Lambdadelta (#130)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith (#128)

"Why me? Fry me."

I have the feeling you misread it. I meant my other posts, not other players'. Also, that saying isn't yours
    That post in context because it was the most relevant one in the string of interaction for me to reference and have people understand what I was talking about without multi quoting multiple walls of posts?

It was recent and held the specific interaction that bothered me on a read through.

36. ISO #136
    Community
    Throne Of Lies
    AKA
    FK, Firekitten
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by funnier6 (#127)
    Quote Originally Posted by Litten (#105)
    @Lambdadelta

Considering you expected her to come in and start pushing people aggressively why not just do something to a similar effect yourself?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith (#109)
    I think you're joking but I like to meme around at the beginning of the game as much as the next guy lol. I didn't have any good reason to meme vote anyone in the first game so I didn't bother.
    When you drive a car do you instantly go 100 miles per hour or do you rapidly increase in speed. Just give me time and I’ll start hard pushing someone and scream for their lynch I just got to find that one post that I think is scummy. Right now I’m questioning things.

37. ISO #137
    Timezone
    Community
    PlayWrite
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Lambdadelta (#132)
    Also, Litten did react.

So don't dodge the question a second time, yeah? What is the purpose of that line of questioning towards Litten?
    Like I said, I wanted to see how Litten would react. The moment I posted I hadn't see said reaction yet.

For me, reacting before Litten would be like answering a question designed for him in his place. Guapo's Law. If a player asks a question of another player, and the other player isn’t you, don’t answer it. At least not right away. Let the player who was asked answer first. The player who asked the question is scumhunting (or pretending to scumhunt) and all the players in the game may gain some insight from how the question is answered, as well as the question itself.

"Don’t walk through my lines of questioning with your hobnail boots", per saying.

38. ISO #138
    Community
    Throne Of Lies
    AKA
    FK, Firekitten
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by funnier6 (#131)
    When I was placed into this game (this was before the game started this was when games were being determined) there were a couple of names people (rather communities and a person but I’ll just say all the names from
    them) they told me to watch out for

Vault, Chelsea, and Lady. I know why the last two but I don’t really know why Vault would be a issue based off his play style. Which gives e the feeling he’s hiding something.

39. ISO #139
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    Season 6, Game 5: The Legacy of the SANDS [The Mafia Championship] (RERAND) Day 1 Votecount

Votes Target Voters (Posts in Phase)
    3 The Mighty Quinn grapefruit21 (10), Vault_Dweller (7), Morrigan (4)
    2 Choxorn funnier6 (26), Drixx (10)
    1 Drixx Chelsea (9)
    1 Morrigan Litten (16)
    1 Litten Keith (11)
    1 fdas Lady Lambdadelta (8)
    8 Not voting QTesseract (1), The Mighty Quinn (11), vonflare (0), Laurentus (3), fdas (4), Choxorn (4), EricKline (4), Bobberino (0)

View Vote History

Day 1 ends at 9:00 PM EDT on Friday, May 31st, 2019. There are 1559350860000 remaining.

Posted at 2 days, 5 hours, 2 minutes, 59 seconds remaining.

40. ISO #140
    Community
    Zelda Dungeon
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Then there's funnier6 who made a point of talking in the post game of the aborted game and saying he dislikes being scum. Then he jumps in (also basically immediately as soon as it started) to make an all caps "hooray I'm town!" post.

That screams of narrative. Rationally he obviously couldn't have known in the post game thread what his alignment would be for the reroll, so it's not quite "set up a future play" situation, but there's still a continuity there that pings.
    Just to explain my perspective some, (BECAUSE YOU PROBABLY DIDNT READ THE BIO DID YOU) I am much much happier to be town than scum. So if I'm to play in some champs game representing my community I am not going to want to rand scum. Lo and behold, there is the dreaded pm. But then, whats this?! The game is being reranded?! ITS A MIRACLE! Literally an absolute godsend for me. And yes I did kind of box myself into saying something about being happy I rolled town but if I had actually rolled scum it probably would've leaked through that I was dying inside.

41. ISO #141
    Timezone
    Community
    Giraffe Boards
    AKA
    Thing Fish

I've just ISOed Litton and Morrigan from both last game and this. I disagree that Morrigan seems like a "completely different person", but Litton sure does.

I didn't get a chance to say so before the game ended, but by the end of...shall we call it Day Zero?...Litton was my top townread. I felt we were totally mindmelding and his posts were excellent. He was constantly quoting other people's posts and asking good, perceptive questions about them.

This game, he hasn't done any of that. It feels like he's just posting to post. He threw out the easy free townread on funnier6. He hasn't really engaged with anyone. Last game, his case on Morrigan was based on the content of her posts; this game, he's voting for her based solely on some tonal difference that apparently only he can perceive.

42. ISO #142
    Timezone
    Community
    Giraffe Boards
    AKA
    Thing Fish

##Vote Litten

43. ISO #143
    Timezone
    Community
    Giraffe Boards
    AKA
    Thing Fish
    Oh, sorry for misspelling your name, Litten.

44. ISO #144
    Community
    Liar's Club/Mafiascum
    Also, Litten did react.

Like I said, I wanted to see how Litten would react. The moment I posted I hadn't see said reaction yet.

For me, reacting before Litten would be like answering a question designed for him in his place. Guapo's Law. If a player asks a question of another player, and the other player isn’t you, don’t answer it. At least not right away. Let the player who was asked answer first. The player who asked the question is scumhunting (or pretending to scumhunt) and all the players in the game may gain some insight from how the question is answered, as well as the question itself.

"Don’t walk through my lines of questioning with your hobnail boots", per saying.
    I didn't answer the question. I just asked you a different one because you bothered me.

You asking a question of Litten does not make you immune to being pressured until Litten decides to interact meaningfully. Especially in a rapid pace game like this, admittedly less rapid than others in this tourney but still.

I know the rule you're speaking of, and the fact is you're misapplying it. Badly. Especially since Litten DID answer your question, and my interaction with you didn't prevent this.

The only question for me is whether you're misapplying this intentionally or accidentally.

I wonder...

45. ISO #145
    Community
    Throne Of Lies
    AKA
    FK, Firekitten
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty Quinn (#141)

I've just ISOed Litton and Morrigan from both last game and this. I disagree that Morrigan seems like a "completely different person", but Litton sure does.

I didn't get a chance to say so before the game ended, but by the end of...shall we call it Day Zero?...Litton was my top townread. I felt we were totally mindmelding and his posts were excellent. He was constantly quoting other people's posts and asking good, perceptive questions about them.

This game, he hasn't done any of that. It feels like he's just posting to post. He threw out the easy free townread on funnier6. He hasn't really engaged with anyone. Last game, his case on Morrigan was based on the content of her posts; this game, he's voting for her based solely on some tonal difference that apparently only he can perceive.
    What? They were way more formal last game how do you not see that.

46. ISO #146
    Community
    Throne Of Lies
    AKA
    FK, Firekitten
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    If you are wondering about my not asking a lot of questions is that I don’t really see anything to ask. I’m basically waiting for more people to post.

47. ISO #147
    Timezone
    Community
    PlayWrite
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Lambdadelta (#144)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith (#137)
    Also, Litten did react.

I didn't answer the question. I just asked you a different one because you bothered me.

You asking a question of Litten does not make you immune to being pressured until Litten decides to interact meaningfully. Especially in a rapid pace game like this, admittedly less rapid than others in this tourney but still.

I know the rule you're speaking of, and the fact is you're misapplying it. Badly. Especially since Litten DID answer your question, and my interaction with you didn't prevent this.

The only question for me is whether you're misapplying this intentionally or accidentally.

I wonder...
    Let's see you keep repeating the same thing in the next post.

48. ISO #148
    Timezone
    Community
    Giraffe Boards
    AKA
    Thing Fish

Can you quote some examples of how she seemed more "formal"? Because I'm just not seeing it.

49. ISO #149
    Community
    Liar's Club/Mafiascum
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Lambdadelta (#144)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith (#137)
    Also, Litten did react.

I wonder...
    Let's see you keep repeating the same thing in the next post.
    So you're saying it was a reaction test. Ok, sure. That's pretty well something you could say regardless of any outcome, so it doesn't mean much. I wanted to know the details of what you expected to see and how your reads would change if you saw anything different. You say it's a reaction test, prove it. Tell me what you were looking for. Elucidate your mental process for me.

50. ISO #150
    Community
    Throne Of Lies
    AKA
    FK, Firekitten
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty Quinn (#148)
    Quote Originally Posted by Litten (#145)

Can you quote some examples of how she seemed more "formal"? Because I'm just not seeing it.
    “Essentially Chox seems to be trying to stay under the radar and in doing so, he messed up. Thankfully Lady pointed it out. As for the Chelsea vs. Quinn, I feel that they could both be town. For now there's too much grey area in it which is why I voted for Chox, as he's the most reasonable vote for now.”

“Well, I had simply made my first post because I agreed with Lady and her reasonings. Anything afterwards was simply an addition, the timing was irrelevant. Feel free to count those two as one post if you must. My vote's reasoning was implied with the same reasoning and Lady, I didn't feel the need to repeat it.”

“Votes can change can they not? And I could say the same to you about Chelsea. I'm following reason that was brought up. Just because I agree with someone's point doesn't mean I'm bandwagoning. Like I said before, my mind could change, but as of now it hasn't because nothing has been brought up to change my mind. I always random vote people, Chox just happened to catch my attention so I voted him. If he canges my mind about him I will gladly change my vote.”

Read these posts and notice how these seem way more formal then the ones here.