Page 1 of 83 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 6, Game 5: The Legacy of the SANDS [The Mafia Championship] (RERAND)

1. Bookmark ISO #1
    vast tonal gap Lissa's Avatar Moderator
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    Ultimate Mafia / Mafia Universe
    Season 6, Game 5: The Legacy of the SANDS [The Mafia Championship] (RERAND)

SEASON 6, GAME 5: THE LEGACY OF THE SANDS (MAFIA CHAMPIONSHIP)

Welcome to Season 6 of the Mafia Championship!

An international forum-based tournament for Mafia players from 187 different communities

Sponsored by Werewolf Online

Hosted By: Our automated @Mafia Host w/ @Yeti providing flavor
    Start Date: May 28, 2019
    Start of Day/End of Day: 9 PM EDT (02.00 UK time)
    Phase Lengths: 72/24
    Lynch Mechanics: Deadline Lynch (person with most votes is lynched at the end of the deadline). In case of a tie, one of the tied players will randomly be lynched. No lynch is a valid vote. Starting Day 2, Majority is enabled, meaning the players can end day early if someone attains a majority of the votes.
    Night Chat In Thread: No, thread will be locked during Night Phases
    Out of Thread Communication: Only the Mafia team may communicate with each other outside of the thread (24/7)
    LYLO Rules: Votes are automatically locked in at LYLO. I.e. when the game reaches a point where one more mislynch leads to a loss, you cannot change your vote once you have cast it.
    Minimum Posting Requirement: Minimum 10 posts per Game Day
    Maximum Posts Allowed: 175 posts per player per Game Day (restriction is lifted 2 hours before EOD though, so if you've reached your max you can post again at that time).
    ROLES
    13x Town
    4x Mafia

Of the following 18 roles, 1 will randomly be discarded and the other 17 will be assigned at random to one player in the game without regard for the player's alignment. Each role is restricted to using its action only on the nights listed on the chart. The Mafia will be told which role is not present in the game.

Role Acts On These Nights Modifier
    Watcher n1 Only Macho
    Watcher n2 Only
    Alignment Cop n2 Only 1x Ninja
    Alignment Cop n3 Only 1x Ninja
    Vigilante n2 Only
    Vigilante n3 Only
    Doctor n1, n3
    Doctor n2, n4
    Tracker n1, n3 1x Strongman
    Tracker n2, n4 1x Strongman
    Jailkeeper n1, n3
    Jailkeeper n2, n4
    Roleblocker n1, n3
    Roleblocker n2, n4
    Role Cop n1, n2, n3 1x Strongman
    Jack of All Trades
    (Role Cop, Tracker, Roleblocker)
    n1, n2, n3
    Jack of All Trades
    (Doctor, Jailkeeper, Voyeur)
    n1, n2, n3
    Voyeur n1, n2, n3, n4 1x Strongman

Watcher: Learns who visited the target, but not what actions they did

Alignment Cop: Learns whether the target is town or mafia, but not their role

Vigilante: Kills the target

Doctor: Protects the target from kills on that night only (cannot self-protect)

Tracker: Learns who the target visited, but not what actions they did

Roleblocker: Prevents the target from using their action on that night only

Jailkeeper: Performs both a Doctor and Roleblocker action on the target, both protecting and blocking them (cannot self-protect)

Role Cop: Learns the role of the target, but not whether they are town or mafia

Jack of All Trades: Can use one of their abilities per night without repeats

Voyeur: Learns what type of actions were performed on the target, but not who did them

Macho: The player cannot be protected from kills

Strongman: Kills performed with Strongman cannot be stopped in any way (serves no purpose if the player is town)

Ninja: Night actions performed on the night that Ninja is used are invisible to investigative roles (Trackers, Watchers, and Voyeurs)

MECHANICS
    • Role reveals at death are alignment only. You will not learn a player's exact role when they die.
    • Usage of night actions is optional, but unused actions will be lost.
    • Mafia factional kills are optional. Mafia may submit a factional kill each night, but are not required to. However, starting night 5, the factional kill will be mandatory.
    • Mafia factional kills are assigned. They can be tracked, watched, or roleblocked.
    • Mafia share a factional Night Kill, which is a single standard shot for their faction.
    • Mafia members may perform the faction kill in addition to their regular action at the same time.

FAQ
    Please note that Mafia Host - the Modbot - will post a FAQ as well that might contain answers to some questions that aren't covered here.

Q: What changes to the setup have been made since the practice games?

A: The Roleblocker role has been split into two roles, creating 18 total. One role will randomly be excluded from the setup, and the Mafia will be told which one it is. Also, both Tracker roles have gained Strongman modifiers.

Q: What does Cycle mean?

A: Cycle is Modbot terminology for the night(s) on which a role can act. This is an example of how some roles might appear in Role PMs and Role Cop investigations:

Jack of All Trades (x1 Doctor, x1 Jailkeeper, x1 Voyeur) | Cycle 1, 2, 3
    Doctor | Cycle 2, 4
    Alignment Cop | x1 Ninja | Cycle 2
    Macho Watcher | Cycle 1

Q: What do the Voyeur results look like?

A: The Voyeur sees the type of action performed on the target, but not the exact action. Modbot groups the actions into four categories: Protection (Doctor), Manipulative (Roleblocker, Jailkeeper), Killing (Vigilante, Mafia Faction Kill), and Investigative (all others). The Voyeur does not see their own action in their results. This is a sample results PM: "theknightsofneeee had Manipulative, Investigative, Killing done to them."

Q: What is the order of operations? What happens if a roleblocker targets a roleblocker?

A: The automated post at the start of each game contains a FAQ (in a spoiler tag) which answers these questions and more. However, there is one important clarification: the order of operations lists Strongman Kills first because they are immune to blocks, and regular kills are listed ahead of investigative actions because investigative roles can witness killing actions, but this only means that the target is marked for death before other actions are processed. No deaths actually occur until after all actions have been processed. In other words, dying at night never stops a player's action from happening.

The other important pieces of information are that Roleblockers act before Jailkeepers and that those roles are capable of blocking another player who attempts to use the same action. For more detailed information, please consult the aforementioned FAQ.

Q: Can Mafia players target their teammates with night actions?

A: Yes. The Mafia's faction kill cannot be used on a member of their own team, but all other actions (including Vigilante kills) may be used on members of their own team.

Q: Can Doctors and Jailkeepers self-target in order to protect themselves?

A: No.

Q: Which roles can self-target?

A: Only Watchers.

Q: Are the Strongman and Ninja actions limited only to the nights listed on the chart?

A: No. If a player is Mafia, they may use their Strongman or Ninja ability on any night.

Q: Can players be investigated while they are jailkept?

A: Yes. Jailkeep is a combination of roleblock and doctor, neither of which prevent investigations on the target.

Role PMs
    Please go to this page to find the exact wording of the Role PMs: https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums...oles-Modifiers

# REPRESENTATIVE COMMUNITY BACK-UP(S)
    1 @Bobberino NationStates: The North Pacific
    2 @Chelsea mafiascum @Untrod Tripod
    3 @Choxorn CivFanatics
    4 @Drixx Diablo 2 Forums @Diablo2inDC
    5 @EricKline Chief Delphi @ash4fun
    6 @fdas Art of Problem Solving @chess24
    7 @funnier6 Zelda Dungeon @Adrian
    8 @grapefruit21 MTG Salvation @Killjoy
    9 @Keith PlayWrite
    10 @Lady Lambdadelta Liars Club Online @Wisp
    11 @Laurentus Wintreath @Pengu
    12 @Litten Throne of Lies @Alice
    13 @Morrigan Mafia42
    14 @QTesseract Sufficient Velocity
    15 @The Mighty Quinn The Straight Dope
    16 @Vault_Dweller The Skeptics' Guide to the Universe
    17 @vonflare The Beatles Bible

Spectate the game on our Discord server (1,000+ members)

Read more about this season here

2. Bookmark ISO #2
    Timezone
    Community

The boxes below contain very helpful information. If you're a first-time player, we highly recommend that you read through it all.

MAFIA GAME RULES
    Rules may vary from community to community, so we highly advise you to carefully read these rules.

• Only post/talk about the game in this thread. Don't PM other players, unless you are mafia and wish to talk with your teammates. Also, don't post anything about the game in other threads or on other forums.
    • Don't try to use the form of your role PM. So a screenshot of your role PM would be cheating.
    • You are not allowed to change your avatar, location or any other profile info during game in any way that could be construed as hinting at your role.
    • This is a game of lying. Players are expected to lie. No statement or promise a player makes within the game has any force outside the game. As an example, a bet offered in a game is not something you can collect if you win.
    • If we believe you to be bending the rules intentionally in a way that clearly goes against the spirit of the rules and the game, then that would also be grounds for modkill.
    • If you have any questions about rules, send a PM to your host. Avoid asking questions to the host in the thread. And definitely do not make a post in the game thread asking the host to sub out a player. If you feel that a player is not being active enough, PM Thingyman or Lissa about it (but we're always keeping an eye on this anyway, so don't worry).
    • Don't ever refer to private communications with the Game Host.
    • If you should ever require a replacement, PM both Thingyman and Lissa and stop posting in the thread.
    • No hydra'ing / multi-accounting is allowed. Do not share your account with anyone else.
    • You are not allowed to reference the post-game voting during the game. I.e. you cannot post "if you lynch me, you're not getting my vote after the game" or anything like that.
    • Treat your fellow players with respect. Hostility will not be tolerated.

Refer to this post for the complete, standard ruleset for mafia games.

I will repeat this particular rule once more in big letters to make sure you understand:

DO NOT EVER REFERENCE THIS GAME OUTSIDE OF THIS GAME THREAD. YOU SHOULD NOT BE TALKING ABOUT THIS GAME WHATSOEVER ON YOUR HOME SITE. IF PEOPLE ASK YOU QUESTIONS, TELL THEM YOU CAN'T TALK ABOUT THE GAME AND LINK THEM TO THIS THREAD.
    MINIMUM ACTIVITY REQUIREMENTS
    All players are required to make a minimum of 10 posts per game day.

The game hosts and tournament organizers reserve all rights to immediately sub out any player not meeting this requirement, regardless of whether or not the player has met the requirement on previous days. Similarly, if players are only meeting this requirement by spamming and/or posting in the last hour of the day, that and similar circumstances would also be cause for substitution.

If players aren't posting, the tournament organizers will always first try to prod the players in question.

SUBSTITUTION PROCEDURE
    If your representative needs to sub out during a QUALIFIER, your community's backup will take their place, assuming 1) you've elected one, 2) they've registered a user on Mafia Universe, and 3) that I'm able to get a hold of them within a reasonable amount of time (i.e. with enough time left in the current phase for the sub to work with).

If I can't get a hold of your backup, I will give the spot to a representative from a community that joined the series late - or failing that, a backup from one of the larger communities.

If your representative needs to sub out during a WILDCARD or FINALE, your community's backup will NOT take their place. Instead the next person who was in line to receive a wildcard or finale spot will take their place.
    As was specified in the invitation, some of you will be picked by the jury to advance to one of this season's two wildcard games. In total, the jury selects 23 players that they feel are deserving of a second chance.

Below is a statement from the jury foreman.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief (#422)
    Pre-Tournament Statement from the Jury

Hello and good luck to all representatives!

We, the jury, would like to take this occasion to somewhat clarify our mission and criteria. We consist of finalists from Season 5 who have agreed to follow this year's qualifying games in order to select a number of players for the wildcard rounds who were not directly voted in but otherwise displayed skill - to give them a "second chance" of making the finals, in other words.

This past offseason, there was some momentum to make the jury's exact criteria for advancing select players more transparent, in order to give them an idea of things that we're looking for over the course of the games.

The problem with doing this, especially before the games start and we've really had a chance to talk to each other in detail, is that each individual juror has their own opinions of what constitutes a player worthy of advancement. Over the coming months, we'll certainly talk about it, argue about it, and come to a consensus - that's the entire point, after all - but singling out specific things we're looking for at this stage is unfortunately something we cannot do. Nor do we want to unduly influence games by having players play "unnaturally" simply because they know we're observing and judging them.

That said, we will be examining each player's output holistically. How accurate a player's reads are, how sound a player's logic and rationale is behind their reads, how well they know and use the game's mechanics, how well they work with others in order to accomplish their team's goals, and many more traits are all things we'll be taking into account. The only question is how heavily we weigh each trait in determining who to advance to the wildcard round, and that's going to take up a great amount of our time over the coming months.

tl;dr just play your game, try your best, good luck, and most importantly, have fun!

USING THE SOFTWARE

While Mafia Universe runs on vBulletin, we have many custom-made features that you may not have seen anywhere else. Read this guide to learn about them.

The animated images are set to load on click to lessen the load on mobile users.

How do I vote for a player? (Vote // Reply With Vote)

To vote for a player, click the Checked Box icon located in the Post Reply toolbar. A dropdown list of all live players will appear. Select a username to be automatically placed within the Vote BBCode ([V]USERNAME[/V]). When you vote for a new player, the old vote will be automatically removed to make room.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/nkmX4ov.gif
    Click to load this image

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/UNJ2vU2.gif
    Click to load this image

How do I unvote / remove a vote from a player? (Unvote)

To manually unvote and set yourself as Not voting, click the Unchecked Box icon located in the Post Reply toolbar. The username currently being voted for will automatically be placed within the Unvote BBCode ([UNV]USERNAME[/UNV]). The username is optional.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/cqBeZGf.gif
    Click to load this image

What is Vote History? // How do I view all votes cast throughout the game? (Vote History)

Vote History is an ordered list of all votes cast in the game. To view all votes cast throughout the game, click Vote History located in the Game Tools navbar, or below a vote count post. The Vote History page contains instructions on how to filter votes cast.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/oQ1U4JI.gif
    Click to load this image

How do I request a vote count? // How do I view the current votes cast? (Post Votecount)

To generate a current Votecount in-thread, click Post Votecount located in the Game Tools navbar at the top and bottom of the thread.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/7KzsQXW.gif
    Click to load this image

How do I submit a Night Action in an automated game? (Automated Games)

In automated games, you may submit your actions by scrolling to the bottom of the thread and selecting your target(s) from a dropdown list using the Night Action Form for the each action. When you have selected a target, press Submit, and your current target will be changed to the player you selected. Note: Some actions process instantly and cannot be edited, such as Day Kills.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/fusXh6j.gif
    Click to load this image

What is the Thread Summary? // How do I find important game events? // Can I view all Phase updates in one location? (Thread Summary)

The Thread Summary is a list of important events, such as Start and End of Phase, within the thread. Most games will generate them automatically, but hosts, moderators and thread creators can add them for their own events. To view a list of all significant events throughout the game, click Thread Summary located in the Game Tools navbar. A dropdown of all events deemed significant by the Host, including each Phase Update, will be listed.

Alternatively, check the OP and other reserved posts at the beginning of the thread. The [SUMMARY][/SUMMARY] BBCode automatically inserts the thread summary into the post wherever it appears.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/EhHSyl6.gif
    Click to load this image

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/rAEpW1z.gif
    Click to load this image

What is an ISO? // How do I search a single player's posts? (ISO)

An ISO is a search that contains all of one user's posts in that thread. To search for a single player's posts in the thread, click ISO ( short for Isolate) located at the top right of any one of their posts.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/eNDvDMB.gif
    Click to load this image

What is Multi-ISO? // How can I search by more than one user? (Multi-ISO)

A Multi-ISO is a search that contains all posts by multiple users within the thread. It can also be used as a convenient way to ISO a player without finding one of their posts to find an ISO button. To search posts by one or more users at a time, click Multi-ISO located in the Game Tools navbar at the top of the thread. Then, select one or more usernames and click Submit.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/VuOv8Rm.gif
    Click to load this image

What are Bookmarks? // How do I save a post so I can easily access it later? (Bookmarking)

Bookmarks are color-coded notes you can attach to each post for later use. Only you can see your Bookmarks. To save an important post, click Bookmark located at the top right of any single post. Select a color that appears to the right of said post, and enter a note. To remove a saved post, click Un-Bookmark located at the top right of any Bookmarked post.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/OoDuwuM.gif
    Click to load this image

To view all Bookmarks in the thread, click Bookmarks in the Game Tools navbar at the top of the thread.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/uyoJyNB.gif
    Click to load this image

To view all Bookmarks created in all threads, click My Bookmarks located in the Features menu at the top of the page.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/QBhqDUc.gif
    Click to load this image

What is Notepad // Can I write and save notes for a specific game? (Notepad)

The Notepad is a tool you can use for writing and saving notes for games that you are playing. Access it by clicking the Pen icon in the top right of your screen.

If you click it, you will see a Notepad dialog box. This Notepad saves notes for the current game. Only you can see your notes, and only you can edit them, via the same button.

If you do not want to use it, you can disable the icon via a button in the toolbar at the top of the thread.

Note that the disable feature is remembered by the browser, so you will need to disable it on each device if you want to hide it completely.

How do I view all players currently alive? (Living Players List)

To view (and Insert) a list of all players currently alive, click the Crowd icon located in the Post Reply toolbar. A dropdown list of all live players will appear.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/AM2TEez.gif
    Click to load this image

How do I link a specific post in the thread? (POSTNUM)

To link to a specific post without copying the link itself, click the Arrow icon located in the Post Reply toolbar and place the specific post's # within the [POSTNUM] BBCode tags.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/swNxcqd.gif
    Click to load this image

How do I jump between Game Threads (Graveyard / Mafia / Mason / ...) without opening PMs? (Game Threads)

To visit any Game-related threads you have access to, open the Game Threads dropdown in the navbar above any Game-related thread. Every thread will become accessible in the post-game.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/JEG88HG.gif
    Click to load this image
    WHAT THE $#@! DOES "WTF" MEAN?

Are you not familiar with some of the terminology used by the other players? Maybe this will help you: TERMINOLOGY EXPLANATIONS.
    DISCLAIMER ALERT
    The beauty of the Mafia Championship is that it brings communities closer together, and it provides an opportunity for players to learn new playstyles, metas and mechanics. And hopefully make new friends as well.

All that being said, the games can also very quickly become overwhelming and frustrating since you probably won't be able to play completely in the same way that you're used to. You don't necessarily need to adapt, but you will probably need to accept that some of the other players will have a different approach to the game than you.

We hope that you will embrace this as part of the experience. It's easy to grow frustrated with people when you don't know them (imagine how you would have felt playing with your friends on your home site if you didn't know any of them when you played your first game together), so a huge part of playing in the Championship is also getting to know the other players in some way.

Specifically, the seasons have taught us that you should be prepared for:
    • A very high level of activity. On average, there will be 600 posts per 24 hours during the early stages of the game. This is a melting pot of dedicated and enthusiastic players all gathered in one game.
    • You will likely face very different posting styles: Some will post walls of texts with many quotes, some will post a ton of one-liners, and some people will be very keen to interact in real-time in the thread (using the thread as a chat rather than a thread you pop into a few times a day).
    • A flurry of activity towards the end of the day. This means that if you check out 5 hours before the day ends, you should not be surprised to return the next day to see that the wagons were changed multiple times. If you want your vote to count, be careful to not agree to a game where you can never be around for EOD.
    • A few players in your game will probably have played with each other before. This has become impossible to prevent as increasingly many players have played on Mafia Universe.
    • We do not condone abusive remarks and we have banned several communities from participating based on this before, but each season features dozens of new communities, so there is always a slight risk that you might encounter abusive players. If you do, please report them and we'll take care of it.

Some advice:
    • Get an avatar. This makes it easier for everyone to tell each other apart.
    • You can choose between different forum themes (i.e. make the forum look different) in the bottom left corner of the site. Some of them are better suited for mobile devices than others.
    • Look at your settings. You can customize profanity filter, you can choose to automatically receive email notifications of new replies to the game thread if you wish, and you can edit Posts per Page (many regular MU'ers have it set to 100 per page).
    • If at all possible, try to make a habit out of checking in as regularly as you can, especially during the very beginning of the game. Don't delay your first check-in - or you will face a swamp of posts and you will feel like you're constantly trying to catch up.

Most importantly, just do your best and have fun. The experience is mostly what you make it. There will be tryhards, there will be noobs, there will be meme posters, and there will be people just here to make friends. All are accepted, all are welcome.

All that being said, past seasons have shown that players get more enjoyment out of the games when they make connections with the other players, so we highly encourage you to join our Discord server either before or after the game.

3. Bookmark ISO #3
    Timezone
    Community

This is already covered in "Using our software" above, but since this is a role-heavy automated game with a lot of new players to the site, we want to make extra sure that people are submitting night actions correctly.

All roles have actions to use, and these actions can only be used on certain nights. The Cycle modifier part of your role will make it clear which nights you can use your action on. For example, if your role ends with "Cycle 2, 4", you can use your night action on nights 2 and 4.

One more thing that's important to understand is that you can pre-submit your actions for any given night on the day phase leading up to that night. So if you know that you'll be away during the night phase, or even if you're afraid that you might just forget, you can just submit it in advance. I.e. if your role has a Cycle 1 modifier, you can submit your action at any point on Day 1 - you don't need to wait until Night 1 begins.

If you choose to not use your action on a night that you are able to use it on, you will lose it and will not be able to "save" it for later.

How do I submit my Night Action?

In automated games, you may submit your actions by scrolling to the bottom of the thread and selecting your target(s) from a dropdown list using the Night Action Form for the each action. When you have selected a target, press Submit, and your current target will be changed to the player you selected.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/fusXh6j.gif
    Click to load this image

You can change your action as many times as you'd like. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Sending your action via PM to the host does NOT work! You need to use the form!

The Mafia Championship is, first and foremost, about building bonds between communities and creating new friendships.

You are all here to compete, but you are also here to represent your home community. Amongst the 187 communities that are participating this year, we have many different community types, nationalities, playstyles and experience levels represented. The Mafia Championship is all about celebrating these differences and opening up an opportunity for us all to learn from each other.

As long as you are playing to win, there is no wrong way to play this game. Some people enjoy roleplaying, some enjoy "$#@!posting", some enjoy solving the logic puzzle, and some enjoy an aggressive approach to discerning others' alignments. They are all valid playstyles.

So we ask that, in the true spirit of the Mafia Championship, that you, as players, do your best to enjoy the experience for what it is: A melting pot of unique and wildly varying playstyles and personalities. You may grow frustrated at times. In fact, it is easy to grow frustrated when you're playing with people that you don't know, which is why we also hope that - besides following our Code of Conduct - you'll make an effort to get to know your fellow players at least a little bit. As the five previous seasons have shown, a majority of you will make several friends from this game.

Good luck and have fun!

/Thingyman

4. Bookmark ISO #4
    Timezone
    Community

1) Bobberino

REPRESENTING: NationStates: The North Pacific

NATIONALITY: American

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2018

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: NationStates related Discords

BIO:
    I began playing in 2018. Nothing else really interesting, just I've been playing for a bit and I decided to throw my hat in the ring here.

2) Chelsea

REPRESENTING: mafiascum

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): Since 2013

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: Mafia scum/Mafia universe/Epic mafia/Serenes Forest

BIO:
    Hi, I'm Chelsea! Or as others may call me: MariaR, Orihime, Claire, Maki... oh jeez, I have a lot of nicknames. I've played mafia for quite a few years now and I'd like to say I'm pretty decent at it. Some fun facts about me include that in the last 6 SK games I've played I've won 5 of them, and only lost once due to a mod error. I'm a much better scum player than a town player, although I've started to like playing as town. If I told you my scum winrate, well, that wouldn't be good for me now would it~? I play the game with no filter. I will say what's on my mind 24/7 as town or mafia. I might reaction test you to get reads or just for my entertainment. All you need to know is we're gonna have a blast. A few quotes from my lovely friends are:
    "I bet Chelsea is scum this game~Firebringer"
    "Na Chelsea isn't towny enough to be scum this game~ Charloux"
    "Chelsea rolling scum is gamebreaking~Naana "
    "Just sheep Chelsea because she's either town correct or scum bussing"
    I look forward to what I hope will be an interesting game with all of you.

3) Choxorn

REPRESENTING: CivFanatics

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2007

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES:CFC, the Org, TWC, GitP, MU

BIO:
    Kill fire, what can we say about him that hasn't been said before? Man, that guy was awesome, and really knew his stuff. Best remembered for his last hurrah as the Glevum Innkeeper who achieved victory over all the Demons in the 50th installment of CFC's world-famous Night of the Werewolves Series, kill fire could literally do no wrong in that game, outperforming and outlasting most of the scums and presumably cackling with glee as they were killed one by one. Kill fire is an old timer who has played on CFC since at least the days of the Bush administration, having played in the 2009 classic game "The Chainsaw Gang". He has been in and/or hosted plenty of games, and has the distinction of having a completely flawless record, winning all his games as mafia and having never been killed as mafia. Kill fire's status among CFC veterans is truly legendary, as a player and game host. With a name that could strike fear into the heart of his enemies, kill fire will go down in CFC history as the best scumbag of all time, as he boasts a literally unbeatable mafia win percentage that is etched permanently into the history of our group, a record even better than the almost-as-legendary Double A. If kill fire had any flaw at all, it is that you could never get enough of him. But enough about him, this bio is about some other dude named Choxorn, who has the distinction of being kill fire's brother. He's kinda cool too, I guess. He other notable distinctions include: Having played more games than anyone else at CFC (lol, what a loser, he must have no life at all), keeping track of the site's statistics (if "keeping track of" means "updating about twice a year"), and hosting many classic games (which always take way longer to design than he says they will, and end up always being overcomplicated messes).

4) Drixx

REPRESENTING: Diablo 2 Forums

NATIONALITY: United States

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 1994

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: diabloii.net / mafiascum

BIO:
    Umm... I need to work on this.

5) EricKline

REPRESENTING: Chief Delphi

NATIONALITY: United Sates Of America

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2019

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: Chief Delphi, Imperium42

BIO:
    I started playing forum mafia about 4 months ago on my home forum of Chief Delphi (a FIRST robotics forum). While I have only been playing forum mafia for a short period, I have been playing mafia IRL for a number of years, even running a mafia tournament at my school. I will be attending Boise State University starting in the fall. Currently at my school, I’m the Team Captain of our robotics team, I play baseball, I’m the Student Body President, Mascot, and I run the Debate Team. I’m very friendly when it comes to small talk, but very competitive when it comes time to win. Don’t count me out on account of my experience, I don’t go down without a fight.

I look forward to playing with all of you.

6) fdas

REPRESENTING: Art of Problem Solving

NATIONALITY: Chinese American

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2013

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: aops, Sc2 (Not the site, the game), Mafia Universe

BIO:
    I have been playing mafia online for over 5 years, mostly on AoPS. Nowadays, I don't play in games as much, but I still do so occasionally. Most of the time, I mod games and my games are known to have interesting roles and setups, such as my Starcraft Mafia setup. When I play mafia, I tend to be conservative with my votes. I also have a habit on day 1 of defending people I feel are being wrongly accused. This has been something that people don't usually like about me.

7) funnier6

REPRESENTING: Zelda Dungeon

NATIONALITY: 'Murican

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2017 is simultaneously less accurate and more true

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: Zelda Dungeon, Bulbagarden, one on FFR, and a couple on other sites I don't remember the names of/no longer exist.

BIO:
    Get ready for this, cause this bio is going to be the essence of me and will let you know exactly what to expect. But to start off fun let's have some thoughts from the boys back home!
    Everybody help me write my bio! Right now all I got is “I get super aggravated because your playstyle sucks!”
    "This contains all the necessary details in a nice concise manner"
    "Ayyy gurl gimme dem reads lists"
    "You're scum"
    "Placed 2nd in Survivor"
    "Doctors hate him"
    "funnier6 is all the rage"
    "9/10 dentists say he's technically a mafia player"
    "Found innocent of the murders of funnier1-5"
    "The "6" represents his mental age"
    "The idea is to get them to think you're horrible at mafia, right?"
    "The most interesting thing to me about funnier is his unique tone. I always end up misreading him because of it, but every wallpost of his (he's a dirty wallposter but I forgive it) exudes the effort he puts not only into the game, but into making the game more enjoyable for everyone. Don't think this means he isn't trying or doesn't Want It More- he has more than enough of that too."
    "the thing about funnier is there's six of him- it's still allowed because it's technically an internal dialogue, but he is six times smarter than you"
    "Funnier is an ironic name, like when you call a big guy "Tiny"."

So I'm used to slower games where I'm always in the top posters with like forty posts. For the whole game. Keep in mind they are generally quite long posts as I'm not a big fan of one-liners. So let that sink in while I talk about play style. I'm a meta guy, I don't believe that there's some rule book that says this is scummy and this is not. I believe there are different unique things that everyone does and says as town that they do not do and say as mafia and vice versa. I generally get really good at spotting these things and using them to read people. Certainly not the only way to play mafia and not the only way I play mafia but without meta the chances of misreading someone go way up in my experience and it's a big part of my play style. I also like to read based off wagons. One of my favorite strategies that I use all the time is to take my bottom two scum reads and get them close to being tied for the lynch. Since I'm usually under the assumption that one is town and one is not, I can generally get enough reactions from other players to determine which one it is. Rarely has it failed me but rarely do mafia win on ZD and I can't take all the credit for that. Doubt I will get to use it here cause I imagine it's rather difficult to get a random bunch of people from all over the web to agree to try one loser's strategy but won't know until I try.

I love to play as town. Catching mafia is a fun exercise in behavioral analysis for me and you can ask anybody and they'll tell you I'm a filthy addict and I'm crazy if I don't get my mafia fix. As town I often act aggressive and annoyed to help me order to help me get a read on people. For example, if someone says something I think is strange or illogical I'll usually respond asking them how they could possibly think that way in order to see how defensive they get while also getting their thought process. Illogical things do annoy me and I do tend to be in a constant state of aggravation but I believe thats actually the best way for me to play so don't be alarmed if I'm a little demanding and/or come across condescending. ^^'

Playing as mafia is fun every once in a while but I find it very draining. The fun for me is to solve and I cant do that as scum so I spend the whole game channeling my inner town funnier and trying to forget I'm mafia. Because of this there is little you can say or ask that I will not respond or try to respond the same way to as either alignment. Thus I will let you know if you're town reading me for a dumb reason just as I would if you were scum reading me for a dumb reason. That also means I am not shy to bus if my teammates are pinging my radar. Only one of us needs to survive after all. Thankfully I'm a lot better at being mafia now then I used to be, being part of two mafia sweeps on ZD is a very rare thing and mine were back to back. (Which I hope never happens again!)

I'm not a fan of world building and associative reads. Yes x and y are probably not scum together but I'm not going to sit around and make a chart of all the probably so's and probably nots. Far too much headache and paranoia to actually help solve imo. Also I've never played in a role madness where roles were handed outside of alignment so I'm not going to care about any mechanical talk at all since the wolves potentially having a doc, a vig and a cop is just too weird so I'll be ignoring everything outside of my own action which I pray is cop cause man that would help when I don't know any of you.

I didn't come here to make friends, I came to hunt scum and chew bubble gum. And I'm all outta bubble gum. Let's do this thang. D:<

8) grapefruit21

REPRESENTING: MTG Salvation

NATIONALITY: American expat

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): in person since 2010. My first forum game was in 2016.

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: mtgs, MyAnimeList, and MU

BIO:
    The best way to describe my play is by calling me a hedgelord. I'm utterly lacking confidence and will come up with reasons to doubt everything.

9) Keith

REPRESENTING: PlayWrite

NATIONALITY: Finnish

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2017

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: Mafia Universe, PokéCommunity, Safari Zone, Reborn Evolved, PlayWrite, MafiaScum, EpicMafia, Mafia451

BIO:
    Hey, the name's Keith, but we've met before, haven't we?
    I've used different names in different communities before. But now I sticked to just Keith.
    Let's have a blast.

10) Lady Lambdadelta

REPRESENTING: Liars Club Online

NATIONALITY: Canadian

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2006? ish?

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: I have played on Facebook, EpicMafia, Mafiascum..... the list is kind of too numerous to list. DarkLordPotter. Cry_Wolf. How many more do I need?

BIO:
    Hi I'm Lexi, I hate writing about myself. I like Mafia, I like playing Mafia, and I like when I get to play Mafia without having to talk about myself in a weird bio thing that makes me feel awkward, lol.

11) Laurentus

REPRESENTING: Wintreath

NATIONALITY: South African

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2015

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: Wintreath

BIO:
    I am a fairly adaptable player, and my favourite role to play is Seer.

My favourite quote about my style of play: "You're a demagogue, I want you to know this. This incitement to murder thing is a dangerous look"

Further than that, I very much enjoy mind games and sowing division in enemy ranks.

I am a bastard no matter which role I play, so it is best if you not take anything I do to you personally. I will use it against you if you do.

12) Litten

REPRESENTING: Throne of Lies

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2018

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: Throne Of Lies, Mafia Universe, Pokebeach, Myanimelist, Animebase and Town Of Salem

BIOo you know what promotes people to try to get better at something? Lot of things actually, Jealousy, being jealous of someone being better them you. Fear, being afraid of not being seen as good and this wanting to do better then everyone else. Pride, not wanting to be seen in a group called people who don’t try.

That’s kind of what happened with me. My first forum mafia game I didn’t have any reads. I focused on mechanical confirmation and made a list of everyone not confirmed. After that I played other games but I focused more on memeing around rather then actually trying to play the game. I probably annoyed other people as well. Then something snapped inside me. I don’t know why or how it snapped, but it made you realize. Why am I doing this. It happened when you realize that other people are trying and getting better then you and when others compare you to people who don’t try at all. It was the wake up call for me to actually try to start playing and get better.
    But it turns out trying to get out of the grave you dug is harder then digging a grave. It took a while for people to take me seriously, people still thought I wasn’t trying and I was still memeing despite me trying. Then something changed. There was this game where I was basically considered a town leader after another town leader died. It was basically because I helped lynch a led on scum. That was the game where pretty much I got out of the grave I dug.

Eventually, I could accurately read people on my site. I thought I was finally getting good at the game. Then you realize something important.

You know, I used to look up to certain people in my community thinking they are really probably the best players ever. Then you realize when you are actually considered a good player. That most people in my community didn’t actually try, they preferred to stay mediocre. That’s why they are so accurately read. It kind of makes me upset, but then you realize you can’t really blame them for not having a passion for wanting to get better. Our games are mostly focused on role madness and they just want to have fun after all. You can’t really blame them. That’s why I go to other communities to try to actually get better. Because you realize that the pond is small and the ocean is bigger. The only way to get better at the game is to travel.
    Also here are some meme quotes people said about me.

1. I really like his hair!

2. Firekitten statisticaly makes 1 grammar mistake every 6.37 post.

3. Would get more votes than Trump.

4. I named my hedgehog after him!

5. His posting as scum raises more red flags than on military parade in communistic country. So does his town game tho.

13) Morrigan

REPRESENTING: Mafia42

NATIONALITY: German American

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2016

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: BlankMediaGames(Town of Salem), Mafia42, and Werewolf Online

BIO:
    I'm Morri or Cat, I'm a big fan of Mafia/Werewolf and I can't wait to play in the championships with everyone. Good luck everyone and remember to trust carefully

14) QTesseract

REPRESENTING: Sufficient Velocity

NATIONALITY: ?

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): ?

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: ?

BIO:
    None submitted.

15) The Mighty Quinn

REPRESENTING: The Straight Dope

NATIONALITY: USA

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2008

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: Giraffe Boards, Straight Dope Message Board, MU

BIO:
    “The Quinntessential Mafia player” – Professor Pepperwinkle
    “You’ll not see nothin’ like The Mighty Quinn” – Bob Dylan

I was born many, many years ago in a small Transylvanian rock mining town. Since I was a young child my favorite pastime has been hunting down and killing wolves. Well, mostly wolves. I began hunting evildoers in this online format in 2008, but have only been playing consistently since 2015.

I am stoked to be back for the second straight year, this time representing the awesome Straight Dope Message Board. I go by Thing Fish there, but am sticking with this username since I used it in last year's Champs and other MU games.

I tend to be an analytical player and not to rely on gut reads. This often means that I am at sea for the first couple Days until there is data to analyze. I have sometimes been able to catch wolves in mid or late game by poring over early game voting records and spotting patterns. I also really enjoy strategizing about the optimal use of any power I may have. My very favorite thing to do in Mafia is nail the deepwolf as vig.

I’m looking forward to a fun game and meeting cool people, and hoping to not get swept this year.

16) Vault_Dweller

REPRESENTING: The Skeptics' Guide to the Universe

NATIONALITY: South African

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2015

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: The Daily WTF, Mafia Universe

BIO:
    Hi, I am Vault_Dweller. I was chosen as the official representative of our community among all the
    nominees. Mainly because I was the only nominee. For those that don't know me, I am known on MU as a serial lurker, so be forewarned! I don't expect to progress past round 1, I am only here for fun, and to live past Night 1. Fun fact: I have never won a game on MU when randing any role other than Vanilla Town

17) vonflare

REPRESENTING: The Beatles Bible

NATIONALITY: Canada

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2013

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: mafiascum, beatlesbible, kongregate, irl

BIO:
    dont lose your way

5. Bookmark ISO #5
    Community
    Smogon
    Season 6, Game 5: The Legacy of the SANDS [The Mafia Championship] (RERAND): Game Information!

This is an automated game of Mafia.

Setup - 17 Players

CLOSED
    • Majority will be in effect starting Day 2. Day 2 onward will end the instant a majority is reached.
    • Town wins when all threats to Town have been eliminated.
    • Mafia factions win when they achieve Parity and all other evil factions have been eliminated at any time.
    • Votes are automatically locked in at LYLO.
    • No Lynching is enabled. Vote for No Lynch to forgo a lynch that Day.
    • Mafia factional kills are optional. Mafia may submit a factional kill each night, but are not required to.
    • Mafia factional kills are assigned. They can be tracked, watched, or roleblocked.
    • Mafia share a factional Night Kill, which is a single standard shot for their faction.
    • Mafia may communicate at any time.
    • Tied votes will result in a player being lynched at random from among the tied players.

Phase Lengths

Days are 72 hours in length. Nights are 24 hours in length.

Players

@Bobberino
    @Chelsea
    @Choxorn
    @Drixx
    @EricKline
    @fdas
    @funnier6
    @grapefruit21
    @Keith
    @Lady Lambdadelta
    @Laurentus
    @Litten
    @Morrigan
    @QTesseract
    @The Mighty Quinn
    @Vault_Dweller
    @vonflare

FAQ

Are you unsure about how actions are processed or how roles interact with each other? Then read more here:

ORDER OF OPERATIONS

Night actions are processed in this order:

Strongman kills
    Roleblocks
    Jails
    Doctors
    Bodyguards
    Kills
    Investigations
    Backups

When an action was submitted during the night will never matter when the actions are processed.

ACTION FEEDBACK

These are the results you will get when you submit certain actions.

Non-investigative roles when they submit an action (they also receive this if they are roleblocked):

Your action on Player A was received.
    Investigative actions return results even if the target dies on the same night.

Actions that count as visits are counted as visits even if the actor dies on the same night.

Investigative roles (Tracker, Cop, etc.) when roleblocked:

Your action on Player B did not return any results.
    Trackers when tracking a person that didn't visit anyone (or if they targeted a Ninja):

Player C did not visit anyone.
    Watchers when watching a person that wasn't visited by anyone (or only visited by a Ninja):

Player D was not visited by anyone.
    Alignment Cop when investigating a town-aligned player (or a Godfather):

Player E is Town
    Watcher when watching a person that was visited by multiple people:

Player F was visited by Player G, Player H, Player I
    FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

How do I submit my action?
    Use the form below the game thread. If your role has a night action, the form will only be visible during night phases. It's not possible to submit actions in advance of the night phase.

What does it mean if the Mafia Host says that night kills are assigned?
    In games with this setting turned on, the member of the mafia team that made the most recent night kill submission will be the one assigned to the kill, which means that the kill can be blocked if a Town Roleblocker or Town Jailkeeper target the mafia player in question. Similarly, the kill can be tracked and watched by Town Trackers and Town Watchers. If this setting isn't turned on, then it doesn't matter who the last person to submit the mafia kill is, as the kill is unblockable and untrackable in this case.

Where do I find example role PM's?
    This thread contains example role PM's for all roles currently supported by the Modbot as well as information on the various modifiers. Here you will find the answers to a lot of questions not covered in this FAQ section.

Which roles can self-target?
    Only Watchers are able to use their ability on themselves at night. This means that Doctors or Jailkeepers aren't able to protect themselves, for example.

Which roles are not able to target the same players on consecutive nights?
    Doctors, Jailkeepers, and Roleblockers are not allowed to target the same player twice in a row. Everyone else is, including Bodyguards. Note that this non-consecutive restriction still holds true even if one of these three roles were blocked the night before when targeting the person that they're attempting to target again.

What happens if Jailkeeper A and Jailkeeper B or Roleblocker A and Roleblocker B target each other (and are not targetted by other blockers)?
    In the case of Jailkeepers, they will block and protect each other. In the case of Roleblockers, they also block each other. This means that the two players are trackable to each other that night by Trackers and Watchers. It also means that if one of them is mafia and happens to simultaneously be the one submitting the factional kill that night in a game with assigned kills, then this kill is blocked. This same principle applies to longer loops. I.e. in a A > B > C > D > A loop, everyone is blocked.

What happens if Jailkeeper A targets Roleblocker B who targets Jailkeeper A?
    Jailkeeper A will be blocked in this scenario. Refer to the order of operations: Roleblocks process before jails.

What happens if Jailkeeper A targets Roleblocker B who targets Player C?
    As stated above, roleblocks process before jails, so Roleblocker B will successfully block Player C. I.e. Jailkeeper A will fail to block Roleblocker B, but will still protect Roleblocker B.

What happens if Jailkeeper A targets Jailkeeper B and Jailkeeper B targets Jailkeeper C (who isn't targeting any of the former two)?
    In this case, Jailkeeper A would prevent Jailkeeper B's block from occuring, meaning that Jailkeeper C's action is not blocked.

If an X-Shot role is blocked while using a shot, do they lose that shot forever?
    Yes. A 1-shot Vigilante being blocked while attempting to kill someone will not have their shot refunded.

If someone with a Strongman modifier kills Player A who is protected by Bodyguard B, who dies?
    Player A will die, and Bodyguard B will survive.

Can a mafia team choose not to kill anyone during a night?
    The host can determine this using the Mafia Factional Kill setting. Kills can be mandatory, optional, or disabled altogether.

The default is No. The mafia factional kill is compulsory. This is done in order to avoid deadlocked games where the town keeps no lynching and the mafia refuses to submit a kill. If the game has assigned kills, it will be randomized which member of the team is carrying out the kill.

If there is only one mafia member left in a game without assigned kills, can the mafia factional kill then be blocked and/or tracked?
    No.

Can the mafia submit a kill for one of their own members?
    No.

If I kill someone, does their night action, if they have one, still succeed?
    Yes, killing someone doesn't prevent them from performing their night action (unless they investigated someone, in which case they will not receive a report). Refer to the order of operations: All kills happen at the end of the night, and everyone pulls the trigger simultaneously.

Can individual night actions be proxied on mafia teams?
    No. If the mafia team has a Mafia Roleblocker, for example, and they want to use this role's action, then the player occupying that slot must submit the action themselves.

If a Lover is shot during the night, while the other Lover is protected that night, does the other Lover still die?
    Yes. It's not possible to prevent a Lover from dying of love sickness.

If a Bodyguard protects Lover A, while Lover B is shot during that same night, what happens?
    A dies of love sickness and Bodyguard lives.

If there are any Innocent Childs in the game, are these confirmed in the thread right when the game begins?
    No. Innocent Childs are able to decide themselves when or if they wish to have the Modbot confirm their role and alignment in the thread. Note that this is exclusively a day action and that it can take up to one minute for the Modbot to process the action.

What results are Alignment Cops, Full Cops and Role Cops given if they investigate a Godfather or a Miller?
    Alignment Cops are told "Town" for Godfathers and "Mafia" for Millers. Full Cops are told "Vanilla Town" for Godfathers and "Mafia Goon" for Millers. Role Cops are told "Godfather" for Godfathers and "Miller" for Millers.

Can Role Cops tell the difference between a Vanilla Town and Mafia Goon?
    No. They are told "Vanilla" when investigating either of these two roles.

If I roleblock someone with a Bulletproof Vest, will that nullify the effect of the vest?
    No. Bulletproof Vests are passive modifiers that cannot be blocked from working.

If I roleblock Masons, Neighbors or Lovers with out of thread communication privileges, can I prevent them from talking at night?
    No.

If I roleblock a Godfather, will they still be revealed as being town-aligned to Alignment Cops and Full Cops that night?
    Yes.

USING THE SOFTWARE

Are you wondering about how to vote, submit night actions or multi-isolate players? Read about this and more here:

VOTING BBCODES

Our forum votes for someone by using the vote tags: [V]Thingyman[/V]. Preview:

##Vote Thingyman

Make sure that you spell out the full, correct name. Abbreviations or misspelled names will not be registered by the Modbot.

To unvote, use the tags: [UNV][/UNV] . When unvoting you do not need to enter the name of the person that you are unvoting. Preview:

##Unvote

VOTING BUTTONS

You can also quickly vote for someone by clicking on the box with a checkmark icon, which will bring up an alphabetized dropdown containing the names of living players:

This will insert [V][/V] tags with the name of the player you selected in the dropdown, perfect every time.

Click the empty checkbox button to insert [UNV][/UNV].

SUBMITTING NIGHT ACTIONS

If you have a night action, simply submit this at night by scrolling to the bottom of the game thread. Here you will find a night action form like this:

Click the dropdown and select the player whom you wish to use your night action on. You can change it as many times as you wish before the deadline expires.

CALLING UP A VOTECOUNT

Votecounts will appear automatically at various intervals, but you can also call up votecounts yourself by following these steps:

First, you need to apply to join "Mafia Game Hosts" under Permission Groups.

Second, once your request has been approved, you will be able to call up votecounts by simply pushing the "Post Votecount" button in the top right corner of any game thread that you'd like an updated votecount for.

VIEWING VOTE HISTORY

There are three ways to access the vote history for any game.

1. Click on the "Vote History" button in the top right corner of the game thread:

2. Click on the "View Vote History" link, which accompanies all votecounts:

3. Click on Modbot in the top forum menu. This will give you a list of ongoing and completed games:

Next, simply click on "Vote History" to view all votes for that game.

Following any of the above three steps will bring you to an overview like this one:

Click on a Voter's username to view all of the votes by their slot.

Click on a Target's username to view all of the votes for their slot.

ISOLATING A PLAYER'S POSTS

If you wish to read a player's posts in isolation, simply click on "ISO" in the top right corner of one of that player's posts in the relevant thread as illustrated here:

Alternatively, you can access a player's posts in isolation by clicking on the number next to "Replies:" in the forum lobby.

Doing so will pull up a window listing the post counts for everyone who has posted in that thread. You access someone's posts in isolation by simply clicking on the number next to "Posts:" for that person.

The ISO view itself has Quote and Multi-Quote buttons inside it, which will make it very easy to quickly quote a lot of a player's posts for analysis or commentary:

MULTI-ISOLATING

If you wish to read not just one player's posts, but you want to ISO multiple players, then click the "Multi ISO" button to the left of "Game Tools" and select the players in question as shown here:

MULTI-QUOTING WHILE THREAD IS LOCKED

Note that you can multi-quote posts from even locked game threads. This is useful for when you wish to reread the game and do work during night phases.

After quoting the relevant posts, you simply open a different, opened thread and press "Go Advanced". Then add the quotes to your post by clicking the prompt below the post area as shown here:

Now, of course you can't post your work in the game thread while the thread is locked, but you can copy paste and save your work to a local file or the cloud and have it ready to post the very next day phase (if you're still alive, that is).