Thread: Big Rock's Mountainous Day 4
Day 4 

1. Bookmark ISO #4151
    Furry Collective Restful Inquisitor insomnia's Avatar
    Community
    MafiaScum
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    If Lime is scum here I’ll tip my fedora and let him get away with the win. He’s town.

I’ll sheep the manasi read from Zapp cuz he’s fabulous why not. He has tons of meta with her and for some reason I really am not interested in isoing manasi, I kind of wanna just sheep that read without actually looking at a single post of hers.

So in theory, there should still be a scum out of that town core.

I am leaning SB anyway, partly because Amph cleared him.

Pretty sure it’s a lock anyway.

Lynch list :

If sb flips scum :

Ampharos > Michelle

If SB flips town :

Ampharos > Michelle > Duskfall

I guess

2. Bookmark ISO #4152
    Community
    HCRealms/MafiaTheSyndicate
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by insomnia (#4148)
    1. You’re basically describing uninformed majority mentality. He’s been scared of deep wolves that are town leaders like Amrock, not being suspicious of you would’ve been scummy

2. Fair point, but doing so with Amrock brings a lot of attention on him.
    He started this when plenty of people suspected me. It’s more like he thought WWS’s slot was mislynchable and he’s been too lazy to find a new target.

Or my opening posts pinged him and he’s been too lazy to get out of his tunnel.

I’m saying his pushes on me aren’t about looking for a deepwolf.

3. Bookmark ISO #4153
    Community
    MafiaScum
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Scum are pretty much forced to kill me tonight if my assumption is correct.

That will confirm the leak in your town core.

I like applying pressure, tilting the waters.

Apply pressure, crack eggs, make omelettes

4. Bookmark ISO #4154
    Timezone
    UTC-08:00
    Community
    Town of Salem
    Is according to your if SB is lynched thing.
    Ampharos is always Mafia.
    @insomnia
    Why not vote Ampharos instead?

5. Bookmark ISO #4155
    Timezone
    Community
    Town of Salem
    Quote Originally Posted by insomnia (#4151)
    If Lime is scum here I’ll tip my fedora and let him get away with the win. He’s town.

I’ll sheep the manasi read from Zapp cuz he’s fabulous why not. He has tons of meta with her and for some reason I really am not interested in isoing manasi, I kind of wanna just sheep that read without actually looking at a single post of hers.

So in theory, there should still be a scum out of that town core.

I am leaning SB anyway, partly because Amph cleared him.

Pretty sure it’s a lock anyway.

Lynch list :

If sb flips scum :

Ampharos > Michelle

If SB flips town :

Ampharos > Michelle > Duskfall

I guess
    Here.
    According to this Ampharos always Flips Mafia.
    Why not vote them?

6. Bookmark ISO #4156
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    Big Rock's Mountainous Day 4 Votecount

Votes Target Voters (Posts in Phase)
    3 Duskfall Seththeking (9), Manasi (2), Ampharos (4)
    1 Mikan Tsumiki Jackofhearts2005 (51)
    1 Jackofhearts2005 Duskfall (44)
    1 Ampharos insomnia (81)
    3 Not voting Michelle (15), Limestone (34), Mikan Tsumiki (45)

View Vote History

Day 4 ends at 9:00 PM EDT on Friday, June 28th, 2019. There are 1561770060000 remaining.

Requested by Limestone at 2 days, 1 hours, 15 minutes, 42 seconds remaining.

7. Bookmark ISO #4157
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafia Host (#4156)
    Big Rock's Mountainous Day 4 Votecount

3 Duskfall Seththeking (9), Manasi (2), Ampharos (4)
    1 Mikan Tsumiki Jackofhearts2005 (51)
    1 Jackofhearts2005 Duskfall (44)
    1 Ampharos insomnia (81)
    3 Not voting Michelle (15), Limestone (34), Mikan Tsumiki (45)

View Vote History

Day 4 ends at 9:00 PM EDT on Friday, June 28th, 2019. There are 1561770060000 remaining.

Requested by Limestone at 2 days, 1 hours, 15 minutes, 42 seconds remaining.
    Should answer your question.

He doesn't think he has the support.

8. Bookmark ISO #4158
    Timezone
    Community
    Town of Salem

##Vote Ampharos

9. Bookmark ISO #4159
    Timezone
    Community
    Town of Salem
    But Ampharos being scum late game is an auto loss to town.
    So I’d rather get rid of that possibility now.

10. Bookmark ISO #4160
    Community
    MafiaScum
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Because people aren’t interesting in listening to me. Jack isn’t fully convinced that his town core is flawed and won’t place a vote on neither Ampharos or Michelle.

My slot and Dusk’s slots have been ~scummy so I don’t expect people to drop their town core and to suddenly do a complete 180 and follow me. I haven’t earned that privilege yet.

An SB town flip will be bad. Essentially, I don’t think we win. It means that a wolf that’s not Michelle or Ampharos is in even deeper than they are.

Although there just has to be one scum outside of that town core. We will have to vote in SB / Duskfall anyway, order doesn’t matter. The end result is that a lynch will occur.

11. Bookmark ISO #4161
    Timezone
    Community
    Town of Salem
    Quote Originally Posted by insomnia (#4160)
    Because people aren’t interesting in listening to me. Jack isn’t fully convinced that his town core is flawed and won’t place a vote on neither Ampharos or Michelle.

My slot and Dusk’s slots have been ~scummy so I don’t expect people to drop their town core and to suddenly do a complete 180 and follow me. I haven’t earned that privilege yet.

An SB town flip will be bad. Essentially, I don’t think we win. It means that a wolf that’s not Michelle or Ampharos is in even deeper than they are.

Although there just has to be one scum outside of that town core. We will have to vote in SB / Duskfall anyway, order doesn’t matter. The end result is that a lynch will occur.
    We don’t need jack to vote Ampharos.
    Fairly certain regardless of alignment Duskfall will place his vote on Ampharos to avoid his lynch.

12. Bookmark ISO #4162
    Timezone
    Community
    Town of Salem
    Would you be willing to vote Ampharos?

Manasi is my strongest Town Read so if they are true, they will vote this.

13. Bookmark ISO #4163
    Community
    HCRealms/MafiaTheSyndicate
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    @Seththeking, can you provide a read list? Town to scum with a sentence or two about why you read each player the way you do?

You keep saying this player or that player is whatever alignment but I don’t know why any of your reads exist.

14. Bookmark ISO #4164
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackofhearts2005 (#4163)
    @Seththeking, can you provide a read list? Town to scum with a sentence or two about why you read each player the way you do?

You keep saying this player or that player is whatever alignment but I don’t know why any of your reads exist.
    seconded

15. Bookmark ISO #4165
    Community
    Hope's Peak Academy
    AKA
    owned

I mostly agree with what Jack has said. Jack and I are basically carrying dead town reads on our back and there's no two questions about it. Jack's entire focus to this end of day is so arrogantly townie that I could literally be that person. I was that person last year, in that one Hydra Game I nearly $#@!ed up, so I refuse to believe that Jack is a wolf.

Manasi is town because Zack said so. I double checked what he said about Manasi, nothing makes me doubt that read.

Limestone's entire engagement has basically mirrored the same hydra game I mentioned, down to the "$#@! this game I'm just gonna slank for a while" during two town lynches. His Day 1 is still approximately villagery and Amrock believes he's town, and I don't see him as wolf.

Michelle is town. I think I got there. I don't think she can fake this level of effort any more as a wolf, her post coming in today is so obviously villagery tonally and wolf!Michelle would just $#@! off and slank instead of coming in and following up on my bad progression etc. And I'm not going to begrudge a Michelle metaread from Amrock any more - I double checked that one and while I can't necessarily see the polarity between games that Amrock seems to fine it's entirely null enough for me that I'm going to sheep this.

And Amy is just town. Jack has his own reasons but you will never convince me Amy is a wolf with how she has treated me all game. I am not getting into this more than I have to but I'm like. Exceptionally confident. She doesn't call me the "one townread she's good for". I don't ever think that comes to her mind with a wolf perspective and not knowing who the other two wolves are. She can't have a perspective of "oh Mikan is obviously a villager here" and I believe it to my core.

16. Bookmark ISO #4166
    Community
    Hope's Peak Academy
    AKA
    owned
    Insomnia you do not townread Seth on a bull$#@! missed name. That just isn't a good read and you know it. You eliminate the idea that it was planned, because these days are FIVE DAYS LONG, you eliminate the idea that Seth just derped regardless of his alignment because he seems like that, you do none of that. You seriously do not believe this.

You did not even look at his ISO. You did not even consider what I said. You ignored everything.

You can say that insomnia's interactions and engagement are different from his wolfgame; friends, I would like to introduce you to two things:

1) FIVE $#@!ING DAYS leading to less pressure to perform as wolf
    2) He subbed in late in a wolfteam that's actually alive.

Let me tell you a story. A year ago I was absolutely $#@! at the mafia alignment. I will grudgingly admit I am better at it now but back then I had no $#@!ing idea how to get engaged in the thread, how to not TMI spew without feeling self-conscious, how to not feel unnatural. This is a common problem among mafia players, people have it.

So let's talk about my first real long game on Mafia Universe. It was a hybrid mafia game!

It was 72 $#@!ing hours of days!

You know what I did?

I posted five times each day for four days and let my hydra partner speak for me and post 300 times each phase. I was feeling super discomforted. I didn't want to post.

Guess what happens on the fifth day? The game turns into LYLO mountainous. And my partner had irl issues to deal with.

So I had to post.

It was $#@!ing easy.

I didn't necessarily have to agree with my partner but I did for their sake. And it was just really easy for me to post nice, solid, posts, without feeling tonally off. No roles were left and it was LYLO so I could bull$#@! whatever reads I wanted on my wolf buddies and call them wolves and I didn't feel uncomfortable.

Look where we are now. Do you see any difference here?

How does this differ from insomnia now?

After you take that away, what do you have? Terrible ways to call people town. Pushing people for "inconsistencies", which is not even $#@!ing wolfy unless you can spin a narrative around it and he's not doing that! He's just calling Amy's posts inconsistent and lacking depth but a villager can do that too. I did that for a whole month. Lamphouse did it. Etc. None of that is necessarily wolfy and writing off Amy's supposed metaread as "I have no idea what this metaread is on Amy so i'm just gonna say it doesn't exist because she's not 'obviously villagery'" is a bunch of nonsense.

17. Bookmark ISO #4167
    Community
    Hope's Peak Academy
    AKA
    owned
    I think I'm done here. Lynch whenever I'd probably just be spinning my wheels over and over again.

##Vote Duskfall

18. Bookmark ISO #4168
    Community
    Hope's Peak Academy
    AKA
    owned
    If you want to give me hell for suggesting a team that didn't have control for the entire game you can do that. But I genuinely don't care and I think that's the case.

You don't run at me with probabilisms with "oh this team can't $#@!ing exist because there is always one deep wolf in the game and oh by the way every group consists of many boys and one girl"

It can happen. There is nothing stopping the rand from rolling the three quietest players in the game as a wolf. And when everyone else is town, we work on the rest.

There is nobody stopping the village from being stupid. Because that's what they were, and mainly because I was stupid enough to defend Duskfall forever. There was a wolf in Amrock's entire PoE and I vetoed it all game. You can't stop the village from being bad and assuming the village won't be bad or I won't have one off game is stupid. Like yeah you can consider I'm a wolf but I'm not a wolf and if/when you flip me you'll find that out, and the alternative is this world, which is not a problem.

19. Bookmark ISO #4169
    Community
    MafiaScum
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself

Michelle - town because of :

“Seth what are your reads?”

“Can you explain the emoji lol”

“I’m waiting for smartbomb to see if I can make a level 1 scum case and get away with it, otherwise nah, been 4 dayphases and I have no reads”

And Amy is town because :

“Smartbomb is town because I don’t think he <citation where she says something about $#@!ING WAFFLES > “

You got pocketed hard by someone who didn’t do $#@! all game. ALL OF AMY’S READS WERE CORRECT! ALL OF HER TOWN READS MAN

20. Bookmark ISO #4170
    Community
    MafiaScum
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Why are you throwing the game, Smartbomb? Like I don’t get it.

21. Bookmark ISO #4171
    Community
    MafiaScum
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    @Manasi You were suspicious of Ampharos, want to vote with us?

22. Bookmark ISO #4172
    Community
    MafiaScum
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself

If Duskfall flips town, who’s the team?

23. Bookmark ISO #4173
    Oh? You're approaching me? Ampharos's Avatar Administrator
    Timezone
    UTC-06:00
    Community
    Smogon | Serenes Forest | EIMM
    AKA
    Amy
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself

anyways hello let me see if i can figure out wtf i'm doing

24. Bookmark ISO #4174
    Timezone
    Community
    AKA
    Amy
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    this is bad and OMGUSy but my gut take is "insomnia subbed into a wolfslot on a potato team and is feeling mad pressed to shake up the poe"

his entire read on me is really sketch

For example: you sheep Zack's meta read on Manasi "because why not" but disagree with others' meta read on me without even fully understanding what the read is?

Let me help clarify. I don't like using this as a defense but I will if someone trying to argue it just doesn't exist.

My wolf meta is: I don't post. Like, at all. Like, I have never reached triple digit posts in a single phase as a wolf, in any game, ever.

Is it a good thing that this exists? Not really, no. It leads me to get complacent as a villager, which I think is part of why I started dropping off this game (hard to keep generating content when the PoE isn't posting and nobody's sussing you, right?) and I sure would like to get over my anxieties and actually be able to play the game when I rand wolf. But it is what it is.

I really struggle to think you care about that, because I really just think you wanted to expand the PoE and simultaneously look villagery because "no wolf would sub in and immediately push a consensus villager, right?" I think the fact that you picked Michelle as your other person to push backs this up, because of the other high-consensus villagers she's certainly the one with the least content.

And like, another reason you've given for wolfreading me is that all my townreads have been correct. You realize no wolves have flipped yet, yeah? EVERYONE's townreads have been correct, because the only alignments we've confirmed are town. The argument's as either alignment but I really struggle to think a villager comes up with that.

mm you know what i called this bad but i think i convinced myself. not like abu was villagery

##Vote insomnia

i'm gonna go read some eod stuff

also @Seththeking what the hell are you doing? thought you thought i was villagery

25. Bookmark ISO #4175
    Timezone
    Community
    AKA
    Amy
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    the only d1 wagon that hasn't flipped yet is abu so maybe there's something in there

26. Bookmark ISO #4176
    Timezone
    Community
    AKA
    Amy
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    today's Probably Bad Theory is brought to you by the observation that when wagons were 4/4/2 abu/manti/AG, abu and lime both simultaneously swapped to AG to make it 4/2/4

this coupled with the fact that amrock had been hard pushing for AG to be a wagon all EoD

i've basically been giving limestone a pass since d1 and i don't wanna revoke that right now because i still think he's probably just a villager

but if insomnia flips red i think this might be worth revisiting

27. Bookmark ISO #4177
    Timezone
    Community
    AKA
    Amy
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafia Host (#3811)
    Big Rock's Mountainous Day 3 Votecount

4 Mantichondria Michelle (39), Jackofhearts2005 (147), Mikan Tsumiki (163), Ampharos (120)
    3 Duskfall Limestone (49), Seththeking (34), Zapp Brannigan (251)
    2 Mikan Tsumiki Mantichondria (18), Manasi (98)
    1 Jackofhearts2005 Duskfall (93)
    1 Seththeking AbuHumaid (19)

View Vote History

Day 3 ends at 9:00 PM EDT on Friday, June 21st, 2019. There are 1561165260000 remaining.

Requested by Mikan Tsumiki at 0 days, 0 hours, 7 minutes, 57 seconds remaining.
    Quote Originally Posted by AbuHumaid (#3812)
    ##Vote Duskfall

Let it rand!
    this vote is interesting after the manti flip

28. Bookmark ISO #4178
    Timezone
    Community
    AKA
    Amy
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    if it's v/v wagons i certainly think it's very easy for a wolf to come in out of left field and do that. the problem, obviously, being that i don't know if it's necessarily below village range

if it's v/w wagons it would presumably be a bus attempt? which honestly would fit into the "potato team" world. dusk and abu probably don't both survive this game independent of other factors, might as well try to send one of them deeper

29. Bookmark ISO #4179
    Timezone
    Community
    AKA
    Amy
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    oh $#@! i forgot to reply to those pings hold on