Timezone
    UTC-08:00
    Community
    Dangan Werewolf
    AKA
    Ultimate Lucky Student
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Honestly, I agree in my usual game day 1 seems to have alot less meaningful discussion and more joking around

2. Bookmark ISO #52
    Thread Analyst NANOOKTHECONQUEROR's Avatar
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Tbf im pretty much gonna play this game off gut reads until D3 or D4 then I’ll figure it out. Is it lazy? Probably. Am I good at it? Most certainly. Is that the plan? Yes it is other Nanook, yes it is.

3. Bookmark ISO #53
    Soul Reader Trustworthy Liberal's Avatar
    Timezone
    Community
    Dangan Werewolf
    AKA
    Ultimate Lucky Student
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    So is that how we're all going to go off gut reads makes sense I suppose but is a little lazy in my opinion but of course, am usually have 3-minute discussions

4. Bookmark ISO #54
    Timezone
    Community
    The Cave of Dragonflies
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by NANOOKTHECONQUEROR (#52)
    Tbf im pretty much gonna play this game off gut reads until D3 or D4 then I’ll figure it out. Is it lazy? Probably. Am I good at it? Most certainly. Is that the plan? Yes it is other Nanook, yes it is.
    Got any spicy page 1 gut reads for us?

5. Bookmark ISO #55
    Timezone
    Quote Originally Posted by Trustworthy Liberal (#53)
    So is that how we're all going to go off gut reads makes sense I suppose but is a little lazy in my opinion but of course, am usually have 3-minute discussions
    Not all of us. Just me. The rest of you shouldn’t be lazy :P

6. Bookmark ISO #56
    Timezone
    Quote Originally Posted by NANOOKTHECONQUEROR (#52)
    Got any spicy page 1 gut reads for us?
    The Blue-Toe detective is probably a mole.

HOWS THAT FOR A SPICY A-MEATBALL, EH

7. Bookmark ISO #57
    Timezone
    In seriousness not really. My gut strikes when my gut strikes. Much like art, you can’t rush it.

8. Bookmark ISO #58
    Timezone
    Community
    Neoseeker
    Forums is all gut reads until the game really starts. It's not lazy, it's a starting point. The games for these championships are apparently notorious for having incredibly high post counts and so gut reads are going to be really important since you're likely to miss things in the chaos and spending 7 hours to catch up on the posts you missed while sleeping is impractical.

9. Bookmark ISO #59
    Timezone
    Community
    Dangan Werewolf
    AKA
    Ultimate Lucky Student
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by NANOOKTHECONQUEROR (#55)
    Not all of us. Just me. The rest of you shouldn’t be lazy :P
    Okay I suppose that makes sense wouldn't work if everyone only used their guts, and of course, since it's so early I don't personally have any reads yet but will say them as they come up

10. Bookmark ISO #60
    Timezone
    Community
    The Cave of Dragonflies
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Bijou (#40)
    How about yourself and Keldeo? Do you have any preferences for alignments?
    I haven't rolled mafia in ages so I'm not really sure. I wanted to be town going into this game and got my wish.

Quote Originally Posted by Indigocyan (#58)
    Forums is all gut reads until the game really starts. It's not lazy, it's a starting point. The games for these championships are apparently notorious for having incredibly high post counts and so gut reads are going to be really important since you're likely to miss things in the chaos and spending 7 hours to catch up on the posts you missed while sleeping is impractical.
    I don't think I agree with this later point. Feel free to play however you want but I think substantiating your reads on a level beyond gut will become pretty important as we get going.

Don't want to get bogged down in theory, so what's your read on me, Indigo?

11. Bookmark ISO #61
    Timezone
    Community
    Dangan Werewolf
    AKA
    Ultimate Lucky Student
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Bijou (#40)
    How about yourself and Keldeo? Do you have any preferences for alignments?
    I haven't rolled mafia in ages so I'm not really sure. I wanted to be town going into this game and got my wish.

Quote Originally Posted by Indigocyan (#58)
    I don't think I agree with this later point. Feel free to play however you want but I think substantiating your reads on a level beyond gut will become pretty important as we get going.

Don't want to get bogged down in theory, so what's your read on me, Indigo?
    Well yeah we should use evidence but gut feelings and reads will be a majority of the game I feel but that's just me also feel free to comment how am coming across as am extremely new to this forum style

12. Bookmark ISO #62
    Timezone
    Community
    Neoseeker
    Pretty neutral so far. You're feeling out the room, relative confidence and have good game sense from what I can see. Likely town, possible deep wolf.

13. Bookmark ISO #63
    Timezone
    Community
    EpicMafia
    Good evening lads/lasses, been looking forward to this game for some time now. Excited to get going

14. Bookmark ISO #64
    Timezone
    Community
    Dangan Werewolf
    AKA
    Ultimate Lucky Student
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Good evening lads/lasses, been looking forward to this game for some time now. Excited to get going
    Good morning Giga hope you had a nice sleep I've been looking forward to this as well

15. Bookmark ISO #65
    Timezone
    Community
    EpicMafia
    Quote Originally Posted by Indigocyan (#38)
    Statistically and analytically speaking one of the 4 of you who have posted in this thread are highly likely to be scum this game. Not certain who yet but I'll figure it out.
    I wouldn't necessarily be reading the game with this assumption as all four people who spoke could all be town potentially as well. It's pointless to use probability here in my opinion as eventually, everybody will have spoken and then it goes out the window

16. Bookmark ISO #66
    Timezone
    Community
    Neoseeker
    Statistically and analytically speaking one of the 4 of you who have posted in this thread are highly likely to be scum this game. Not certain who yet but I'll figure it out.
    I wouldn't necessarily be reading the game with this assumption as all four people who spoke could all be town potentially as well. It's pointless to use probability here in my opinion as eventually, everybody will have spoken and then it goes out the window
    It's a good way to get a reaction out of people early though wouldn't you agree?

17. Bookmark ISO #67
    Timezone
    Community
    EpicMafia
    Quote Originally Posted by Trustworthy Liberal (#64)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giga13 (#63)
    Good morning Giga hope you had a nice sleep I've been looking forward to this as well
    Ty! I haven't slept yet actually; it's 1:48AM where I am. About to go to bed as soon as I'm finished giving my thoughts so far

18. Bookmark ISO #68
    Timezone
    Community
    The Cave of Dragonflies
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Trustworthy Liberal (#61)
    Well yeah we should use evidence but gut feelings and reads will be a majority of the game I feel but that's just me also feel free to comment how am coming across as am extremely new to this forum style
    Your posting style seems pretty clipped, omission of words and punctuation, but you already know that.

Are you concerned about how you come across because of the new environment or for another reason?

19. Bookmark ISO #69
    Timezone
    Community
    The Cave of Dragonflies
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Indigocyan (#66)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giga13 (#65)
    It's a good way to get a reaction out of people early though wouldn't you agree?
    Could I ask you to explain what you got from our reactions to that statement? It felt like you'd already decided on Bijou/Nanook as the main people you were suspecting when you posted that.

20. Bookmark ISO #70
    Timezone
    Community
    EpicMafia
    Of course. I had considered this as a possibility, for you to be doing that as a reaction test. Sadly, now it's been ruined, but at least we know now that you have these types of ideas in mind.

21. Bookmark ISO #71
    Timezone
    Community
    Dangan Werewolf
    AKA
    Ultimate Lucky Student
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Trustworthy Liberal (#64)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giga13 (#63)
    Ty! I haven't slept yet actually; it's 1:48AM where I am. About to go to bed as soon as I'm finished giving my thoughts so far
    Fair its 11:04pm for me might sleep and get here nice and early to jump back in

22. Bookmark ISO #72
    Timezone
    And what have the reactions thus far told you, then? Share with the class, Detective

23. Bookmark ISO #73
    Timezone
    Community
    The Cave of Dragonflies
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by NANOOKTHECONQUEROR (#72)
    And what have the reactions thus far told you, then? Share with the class, Detective
    Villagery mindmeld tbh.

24. Bookmark ISO #74
    Timezone
    Community
    Dangan Werewolf
    AKA
    Ultimate Lucky Student
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Your posting style seems pretty clipped, omission of words and punctuation, but you already know that.

Are you concerned about how you come across because of the new environment or for another reason?
    Yeah, am extremely concerned on how I come across as I usually use voice chat so switching to full text wanted to know if am sounding weird and such.

25. Bookmark ISO #75
    Timezone
    Community
    EpicMafia
    Not calling anybody out specifically but hating on somebody releasing a gut read this early in the game is silly for a few reasons:

1. There's relatively little information and outting a gut read is completely okay. Reads are fluid and can change several times throughout the course of the day so it's fine to start somewhere
    2. The more information we have on people's reads and the more people post, the more information we have to read them with
    3. The player may be setting up a reaction test of some kind, or may be fielding replies for continued discussion on which to build/branch out with more reads.

Reaction testing is a lost art from my home website, so I'm glad that we've already seen some right from page 1. Yes, I think this game is going to be very fun.

26. Bookmark ISO #76
    Timezone
    Community
    The Cave of Dragonflies
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Trustworthy Liberal (#74)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keldeo (#68)

Yeah, am extremely concerned on how I come across as I usually use voice chat so switching to full text wanted to know if am sounding weird and such.
    Okay, that makes sense. I think your meaning is getting across well enough.

27. Bookmark ISO #77
    Timezone
    Community
    EpicMafia
    Not to apply pressure or anything but I'm interested in if Indigocyan found anything as well, and if so, why.

If they found nothing, then that's also completely okay. It was pretty short.

28. Bookmark ISO #78
    Timezone
    Not calling anybody out specifically but hating on somebody releasing a gut read this early in the game is silly for a few reasons:

1. There's relatively little information and outting a gut read is completely okay. Reads are fluid and can change several times throughout the course of the day so it's fine to start somewhere
    2. The more information we have on people's reads and the more people post, the more information we have to read them with
    3. The player may be setting up a reaction test of some kind, or may be fielding replies for continued discussion on which to build/branch out with more reads.

Reaction testing is a lost art from my home website, so I'm glad that we've already seen some right from page 1. Yes, I think this game is going to be very fun.
    Reaction testing is only good if you bother to draw conclusions from it. If you just throw $#@! out there then say “hm, interesting....” with zero follow up or attempt to draw conclusions, you’re not reaction testing, you’re doing scum busywork.

#preach

29. Bookmark ISO #79
    Timezone
    Finding nothing happens. Not bothering is scummy.

30. Bookmark ISO #80
    Timezone
    Villagery mindmeld tbh.
    Just call me SPOCKDADDY

31. Bookmark ISO #81
    Timezone
    Community
    The Cave of Dragonflies
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Giga13 (#75)

Alright, do you have any spicy page 1 gut reads?

The people I'd characterize as having hated on someone releasing a gut read are myself talking to Indigo, and indirectly Trustworthy when he was talking to Nanook. Do you get any feel for our alignments based on that?

32. Bookmark ISO #82
    Timezone
    Community
    EpicMafia
    Quote Originally Posted by NANOOKTHECONQUEROR (#78)

Reaction testing is only good if you bother to draw conclusions from it. If you just throw $#@! out there then say “hm, interesting....” with zero follow up or attempt to draw conclusions, you’re not reaction testing, you’re doing scum busywork.

#preach
    I agree, especially in a game like this with many well-accomplished players. We all know that reaction testing simply for the sake of it usually just makes the tester look bad. I expect Indigocyan for example, to inform the village of what they found, if anything, from their early page 1 reaction test whenever they return.

33. Bookmark ISO #83
    Timezone
    Community
    Neoseeker
    The general reaction was interesting. Admittedly it was ruined before Bijou was able to react as hoped but Keldeo and Giga gave me a comfortable starting point.

34. Bookmark ISO #84
    Timezone
    Quote Originally Posted by NANOOKTHECONQUEROR (#78)

#preach
    I agree, especially in a game like this with many well-accomplished players. We all know that reaction testing simply for the sake of it usually just makes the tester look bad. I expect Indigocyan for example, to inform the village of what they found, if anything, from their early page 1 reaction test whenever they return.
    You’re just an agree machine aren’t you. You should get to know my wife, maybe you’ll rub off on her.

35. Bookmark ISO #85
    Timezone
    Community
    EpicMafia

The people I'd characterize as having hated on someone releasing a gut read are myself talking to Indigo, and indirectly Trustworthy when he was talking to Nanook. Do you get any feel for our alignments based on that?
    Not at this time, it's still rather early. That being said nothing scummy has jumped out at me yet

36. Bookmark ISO #86
    Timezone
    Quote Originally Posted by Indigocyan (#83)
    The general reaction was interesting. Admittedly it was ruined before Bijou was able to react as hoped but Keldeo and Giga gave me a comfortable starting point.
    Lmao you’re literally sitting back and going “hm, interesting” with no follow up.

Who called it! I called it, other Nanook, I did.

37. Bookmark ISO #87
    Timezone
    Community
    The Cave of Dragonflies
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Indigocyan (#83)
    Interesting in what way, a starting point of what?

I'm sorry if I'm coming across as hounding here, but I'd like you to explain a bit more.

38. Bookmark ISO #88
    Timezone
    Community
    The Cave of Dragonflies
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    ##Vote Giga13

Let's take this for a spin.

39. Bookmark ISO #89
    Timezone
    Community
    EpicMafia
    Quote Originally Posted by Trustworthy Liberal (#71)
    Any thoughts at all on what you've seen so far?

40. Bookmark ISO #90
    Timezone
    Community
    Neoseeker
    I find when you start spewing statistic stuff people have one of two reactions: they don't care or they care too much. Keldeo asking if there's a particular person I thought of while posting that comes across as someone concerned they're already being read negatively. Giga gives me veteran player vibes which matches the bio pretty well I suppose. For that sake I hope he's town.

41. Bookmark ISO #91
    Timezone
    Community
    EpicMafia
    Quote Originally Posted by Keldeo (#81)

Not at this time, it's still rather early. That being said nothing scummy has jumped out at me yet
    I'd like to add to this by saying, lots of well-versed and accomplished players in here. I'm cautious to place a read of any type down with a small sample size knowing what everybody here is likely capable of.

42. Bookmark ISO #92
    Timezone
    I guess I should probably clarify my stance on gut reads since none of ya’ll know me. A couple players relying on gut reads, especially early, is fine, but the whole town doing it is no bueno. I have to rely on them until D3 or D4 out of necessity, I only have about 2-3 hours reliably to play with a random spurt during the day here and there (much like Chesskid’s trouser noggin, HEYO), so until the crowd thins out it’s just a matter of necessity. Once it thins out I can start actually digging into stuff and that’s when I usually start solving better.

But yeah, I know there’s some pot calling kettle black here, but we can’t have more than like 4 mayyyyyybe 5 gut readers or the game just goes to $#@!.

43. Bookmark ISO #93
    Timezone
    Community
    Neoseeker
    That's a strange thing to say immediately after saying how important it is to be vocal about reads.

44. Bookmark ISO #94
    Timezone
    Community
    Dangan Werewolf
    AKA
    Ultimate Lucky Student
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Trustworthy Liberal (#71)
    Any thoughts at all on what you've seen so far?
    Personally doesn't have a scum read on anyone yet it is a little early for me at least will get back to you if i see anything I would all suspicious.

In short no major thoughts

45. Bookmark ISO #95
    Timezone
    “There’s a lot of good players so why bother reading them.”

Paraphrased subtext of the tournament? #VoteForPedro #AndByPedroIMeanGiga

46. Bookmark ISO #96
    Timezone

47. Bookmark ISO #97
    Timezone
    Is there not a vote button? Am I blind? Am I actually going to have to read the how-to? Ugh.

48. Bookmark ISO #98
    Timezone
    Community
    Neoseeker
    Quote Originally Posted by NANOOKTHECONQUEROR (#97)
    Is there not a vote button? Am I blind? Am I actually going to have to read the how-to? Ugh.
    It's the little check boxes in the reply box

49. Bookmark ISO #99
    Timezone
    Community
    The Cave of Dragonflies
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by NANOOKTHECONQUEROR (#96)
    Wait how do I vote tho
    https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums...-use-our-forum

Use [v] tags or click the checkbox in the reply box

50. Bookmark ISO #100
    Timezone
    Community
    EpicMafia
    Not having a read at this time =/= I am never going to give a read, but okay