Thread: Season 6, Game 10: The Mafia Convention [The Mafia Championship]

1. Bookmark ISO #51

I'm vt kek

2. Bookmark ISO #52
    Community
    PTP(RIP), 2+2
    AKA
    BATM!
    Quote Originally Posted by SwedishSkumbag (#48)
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeP47 (#43)
    First take: Disappointed in some of the bios. I like to get to know the fellow players.

(I won't go as far as saying bio reads are a thing, but it does help with meta)
    TLDR: I make villa-circles and PoE. If I say i'm feeling really confident about a villaread, I can likely be trusted if i'm V, but I can't say the same for my wolfreads. I usually post quite a lot early phases trying to get productive read-based conversation going, and then later on i'm pretty confident in my spewreading once we got a flipped wolf or 2 (to find more villas normally). Some people say i got good tone as both alignments, but i disagree as i often feel awkward when posting as a wolf

Quote Originally Posted by RE1031 (#44)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shad (#39)
    Quote Originally Posted by RE1031 (#36)
    Not sure how serious of a read this is, but nonetheless - if bitching about a town rand is something town!Batman would do, is the act in itself not easy enough to mimic as scum?
    Lettuce go with not terribly serious but a good look for page one. I guarantee you he would have preferred a scum rand here.
    Okay, doesn't quite answer my question, but I think you're saying that it feels genuine?

~~

Just to get this out of the way, since mechanical talk can clog up discussion, think we should agree upon a strategy when it comes to leading trains claiming near EoD? Would potentially prevent scum from capitalizing on town indecision.
    I haven't played this set up in a long while, but I'm of the mind they always claim if they're getting lynched, and then if certain roles (vigs and cops) claim, we spare them at least until their cycle has passed. Yay or nay?
    Eh, I don't think that's a good idea. If an important role like cop/vig claims and there's a real one alive they should always counterclaim and we generally lynch the first claim right?
    Honestly i'm not the best when it comes to mechanics.
    Around EoD trains/CFD's it's not good to decide any "rules" we're gonna follow, because that helps wolves plan how they should act in different scenarios.
    I’m just going to leave this here. The best way to play this is the following way:
    Stop thinking your role is important. It is not! You are just another role. Everyone is a power role. I have seen cops live for days outed.
    It depends on the mafia skills and the roles they have.
    If you have a role, claim as soon as you have a result.
    Ex. You are rb1 and you RB Batman.
    The next day just say so. You have to say exactly what you did. No reason to lie .
    If you are a cop: same freaking thing! Claim your role and result ASAP. Once you have a result don’t leave “clues” openly claim. There’s like 3 cops, you are not more important.
    Claim your god damn roles ASAP. Not today of course but tomorrow or the day after you get a result or submit your action.

Anyone who doesn’t agree let me know so I change your mind. I own this setup and I know exactly how to destroy it.
    Someone tell me I’m wrong so I can prove them wrong. Try me

3. Bookmark ISO #53
    Community
    Mafialandia
    Yooooooooo Im hereeeee. * Kinda excited and scared at the same time. *

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeP47 (#42)
    Hey everyone! Pumped for this game, as I actually have played with some of the people in it before. Hopefully we can have a productive D1. Still need to get my caffeine pumping before I can personally be productive.
    My bio is a little lame but IS NOT MY FAULT(well maybe a little). A friend of mine said he was writing my bio and he delivered a little late u.u .

" Santygrass (Santy) comes from the distant lands of Pokexperto forums. He started playing there in 2016, in a weird mafia variant where there’s only one scum, people roleplay, there’s a truth/lies system, and everybody pretends to be a dumbass for comedic purposes. We recruited him for Mafialandia in 2017 after we found out he wasn’t really pretending. Since then he has been a vital part of our community and has become a moderator for our site.

I’ve played with him numerous times and he’s a competent player as both alignments. When town, he’s one of the players I like to listen to the most since he offers takes that are interesting, but hit or miss. When scum, he is always a reliable partner to have. I won’t out his meta specifically, but he has managed to impress me in several occasions. When he’s into it, he’s one of the players who have a really high involvement with the game. When that happens, you can really feel he’s having fun and enjoying the game, especially the /solving/ part of it.

Santy likes Danganronpa, Pokemon, and other weeb $#@!. He’s currently studying Zoology or something like that. He can come off as kind of awkward sometimes. His english is good, but playing mafia in english for the first time is hard, so be nice to him. If I had to describe Santy using one word it would be "Pelotudo". - Silverkeith "

Also now that i have ur atention im gonna say that silverkeith is gae. Also if u want to ask me somenthing do it, i think is going to be easier for me answering questions than questioning? Idk how to talk *suicides*

4. Bookmark ISO #54
    Timezone
    UTC-04:00
    Community
    Mafia Colosseum
    AKA
    SleepingTerror
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeP47 (#45)
    Always claiming if you're about to go down is good. It prevents mafia from fakeclaiming your role later. However I think sparing someone would require more context of the specific lynch and can't be covered with any blanket statements made now. Someone could really just be that scummy that we're sure. You wouldn't want a scum vig running around now would you? Just an example, there are other possible issues, anything could happen really.
    That's true, though I've seen a couple of bad mislynches on town's part, when letting a player with a valuable role live another night would have been beneficial.

In the case of the vig - declaring a certain target for them to shoot beforehand might solve that issue.
    Eh, I don't think that's a good idea. If an important role like cop/vig claims and there's a real one alive they should always counterclaim and we generally lynch the first claim right?
    Around EoD trains/CFD's it's not good to decide any "rules" we're gonna follow, because that helps wolves plan how they should act in different scenarios.
    Well, I'm assuming these would be truthful claims, for the most part. Roles aren't AI, and unless scum is confident that no one will counter claim them (either through knowledge of a certain role having died without claiming, or through the unused role in the set up), then it's likely they'll role claim truthfully.
    I guess I disagree with the last part. EoD is generally a hectic time, and it's easy for town to make mistakes based on limited time. If people are that confident in someone flipping wolf, then I guess that's that. I'm usually not confident enough to take that risk - lynching someone off unconfirmed information instead of sparing them temporarily for a chance at mechanical information. But, maybe we won't need mechanics to solve this game.

~~

Quote Originally Posted by Shad (#50)
    Okay, doesn't quite answer my question, but I think you're saying that it feels genuine?
    My thought was basically "Oh hey Batman is saying exactly what he would say here as a villager; maybe he's a villager."

You asked me if it would be easy to fake and who knows how batman's brain is hard wired but I would imagine yes. Ideally I will have more content than the intro phase to work with when I need to make a more decisive conclusion about his alignment.
    Okay. The read you gave pinged me slightly, but don't think I can get anything more from pushing it. FTR this has nothing to do with Batman's posting, if there was a chance it could be interpreted that way.

5. Bookmark ISO #55
    Community
    PTP(RIP), 2+2
    AKA
    BATM!
    My thought was basically "Oh hey Batman is saying exactly what he would say here as a villager; maybe he's a villager."

You asked me if it would be easy to fake and who knows how batman's brain is hard wired but I would imagine yes. Ideally I will have more content than the intro phase to work with when I need to make a more decisive conclusion about his alignment.
    I could fake it. Of course, I’m the best wolf in the game. There’s no need to think about it now. If I’m alive day 3 I’m a lock wolf or wolves are a bunch of newbs.
    I like ss so far. He’s paranoia is expected and welcomed

6. Bookmark ISO #56
    Community
    PTP(RIP), 2+2
    AKA
    BATM!
    Quote Originally Posted by Santygrass (#53)
    Yooooooooo Im hereeeee. * Kinda excited and scared at the same time. *

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeP47 (#42)
    Hey everyone! Pumped for this game, as I actually have played with some of the people in it before. Hopefully we can have a productive D1. Still need to get my caffeine pumping before I can personally be productive.
    My bio is a little lame but IS NOT MY FAULT(well maybe a little). A friend of mine said he was writing my bio and he delivered a little late u.u .

" Santygrass (Santy) comes from the distant lands of Pokexperto forums. He started playing there in 2016, in a weird mafia variant where there’s only one scum, people roleplay, there’s a truth/lies system, and everybody pretends to be a dumbass for comedic purposes. We recruited him for Mafialandia in 2017 after we found out he wasn’t really pretending. Since then he has been a vital part of our community and has become a moderator for our site.

I’ve played with him numerous times and he’s a competent player as both alignments. When town, he’s one of the players I like to listen to the most since he offers takes that are interesting, but hit or miss. When scum, he is always a reliable partner to have. I won’t out his meta specifically, but he has managed to impress me in several occasions. When he’s into it, he’s one of the players who have a really high involvement with the game. When that happens, you can really feel he’s having fun and enjoying the game, especially the /solving/ part of it.

Santy likes Danganronpa, Pokemon, and other weeb $#@!. He’s currently studying Zoology or something like that. He can come off as kind of awkward sometimes. His english is good, but playing mafia in english for the first time is hard, so be nice to him. If I had to describe Santy using one word it would be "Pelotudo". - Silverkeith "

Also now that i have ur atention im gonna say that silverkeith is gae. Also if u want to ask me somenthing do it, i think is going to be easier for me answering questions than questioning? Idk how to talk *suicides*
    Lol tienes que ser argentino?? Pelotudo

7. Bookmark ISO #57
    Community
    Maffia Sverige/MU
    Okay. The read you gave pinged me slightly, but don't think I can get anything more from pushing it
    You don't have to keep pushing it, but i'd like to hear you talk about it some more. Do you think it's wolfy (even if only slightly so) to villaread something someone does as long as they're capable of faking it as a wolf?

8. Bookmark ISO #58
    Community
    Mafialandia
    ##Vote Batman ur ava is not only Batman, that proves ur existence is a lie, aka wolf.

About the claiming thing i think is ok, but depending on the role/reads of that specific person should be spared or not. I mean if the risk is low letting a role live another night and if hes a townie he can demostrate it with his role ill gladly forgive him * I dont remember the roles yet * .

9. Bookmark ISO #59
    Community
    Mafialandia
    The Pelotudo thing is a sensation in MFL * Kinda influenced by me but shhh * . Pelotudo in MFL is not an insult anymore, is a way of living. Btw in MFL theres also a Batman fan who is very Pelotudo and we lynch him on D1. More reasons to vote for you

10. Bookmark ISO #60
    Community
    PTP(RIP), 2+2
    AKA
    BATM!
    Quote Originally Posted by Santygrass (#58)
    ##Vote Batman ur ava is not only Batman, that proves ur existence is a lie, aka wolf.

About the claiming thing i think is ok, but depending on the role/reads of that specific person should be spared or not. I mean if the risk is low letting a role live another night and if hes a townie he can demostrate it with his role ill gladly forgive him * I dont remember the roles yet * .
    Do you watch game of thrones? I am the many face God of Mafia.
    Who do you want me to be?

11. Bookmark ISO #61
    Community
    Mafialandia

I want you to be the good and logical ending of GOT wich doesnt exist LOOOOOOL

Btw i guess villareading is using reads to say people is town? I usually do that a lot and when im sure someone is town i defend him whit all ive got cuz im rarely mistaken hue

12. Bookmark ISO #62
    Community
    PTP(RIP), 2+2
    AKA
    BATM!
    Quote Originally Posted by Santygrass (#59)
    The Pelotudo thing is a sensation in MFL * Kinda influenced by me but shhh * . Pelotudo in MFL is not an insult anymore, is a way of living. Btw in MFL theres also a Batman fan who is very Pelotudo and we lynch him on D1. More reasons to vote for you
    I never get lynch day 1. It won’t be in a Champs game either.
    I do die n1 a whole lot because I’m one of the best players and a real threat to the wolves.
    Stop being pelotudo and follow me to a victory. Stay out of my way and follow my lead gracias

13. Bookmark ISO #63
    Community
    Maffia Sverige/MU
    Quote Originally Posted by Santygrass (#61)
    Btw i guess villareading is using reads to say people is town?
    Yea

V = Villa = Villager = Town
    W = Wolf = Mafia = scum

Do you have any weak town/mafia read so far on anyone?

14. Bookmark ISO #64
    Community
    PTP(RIP), 2+2
    AKA
    BATM!
    Quote Originally Posted by BATMAN (#60)

I want you to be the good and logical ending of GOT wich doesnt exist LOOOOOOL

Btw i guess villareading is using reads to say people is town? I usually do that a lot and when im sure someone is town i defend him whit all ive got cuz im rarely mistaken hue
    Why aren’t you calling me town? Voting me is blasphemy! I am your Lord Stark
    Also stop being mad about the ending $#@! happens. Plus I like bran. Don’t spoil me
    I just started season 7 last night but I know the bran stuff cuz other $#@!ers blurted it out.

15. Bookmark ISO #65
    Timezone
    UTC-06:00
    Community
    W3D Hub
    Hey, just realized, I've played with Batman before. Mass Effect Mafia. Was a long time ago, my first game on MU, and I don't remember him from that game though.

16. Bookmark ISO #66
    Community
    Maffia Sverige/MU
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeP47 (#65)
    Hey, just realized, I've played with Batman before. Mass Effect Mafia. Was a long time ago, my first game on MU, and I don't remember him from that game though.
    now i'm curious. How did you realize you've played with him in that game if you don't remember him being in it?

17. Bookmark ISO #67
    Timezone
    Community
    Mafia Colosseum
    AKA
    SleepingTerror
    Quote Originally Posted by SwedishSkumbag (#57)
    Quote Originally Posted by RE1031 (#54)
    Okay. The read you gave pinged me slightly, but don't think I can get anything more from pushing it
    You don't have to keep pushing it, but i'd like to hear you talk about it some more. Do you think it's wolfy (even if only slightly so) to villaread something someone does as long as they're capable of faking it as a wolf?
    I think it can be done as either alignment. Have seen it before. Think what matters most is if the person themselves think it's something that player can do only as that alignment. Shad's initial read, the phrasing of it at least, seemed strong for the context. But him clarifying that it's not too serious, and acknowledging the possibility that Batman could fake it, isn't really wolfy or townie either way. It's still gonna be in the back of my mind, but I'm also thinking there'll be stronger tells down the road. Too much room for error to push someone based off this alone.

18. Bookmark ISO #68
    Timezone
    Community
    W3D Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by SwedishSkumbag (#66)
    now i'm curious. How did you realize you've played with him in that game if you don't remember him being in it?
    I compared player lists. I remembered earlier knowing that there were more people in this game I'd played with but couldn't remember who. I thought they had been switched out.

19. Bookmark ISO #69
    Community
    GOG.com
    HAHAHA oh man, just look at this low-rent roster of lightweights... this one is gonna be a walk in the park, boys! We're going to rip through this Town like ex-lax through a goose!

Here's my suggested plan-

Shad, why don't you go ahead and cue up some GWAR youtube videos to get us psyched up. Something evil, something bangin'... I'm thinking Skulheadface era, ya feel me? Get on it, my main man.

Skumbag, I suggest you and I go to war early, really start ripping on each other, get that distance, I mean go the full monty, the whole hog, really get greasy up in here, I mean elbows-deep into this thing. The full yo momma. Nobody will suspect a thing. Let's do this. Let's get freaky. Let's put the "fun" in funeral, you know what I'm sayin'? Yeah, you know what I'm sayin'.

BATMAN, go ahead and fake a red check on somebody. I mean, like I have to tell YOU, hahahahahahha! Hahah. Ha. $#@! me.

Anyway, all I need now is to figure out some asinine click-baity way to enter the game and I'll be set to go.

Let's do this boys!! Ow ow ow ow Owwwwwwwwwwooooooooooooo!!!!

20. Bookmark ISO #70
    Timezone
    Community
    W3D Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeP47 (#68)
    Quote Originally Posted by SwedishSkumbag (#66)
    I compared player lists. I remembered earlier knowing that there were more people in this game I'd played with but couldn't remember who. I thought they had been switched out.
    I've only been in two games on MU so there wasn't much to compare. It was quick.

21. Bookmark ISO #71
    Community
    Mafialandia
    Quote Originally Posted by SwedishSkumbag (#63)
    Btw i guess villareading is using reads to say people is town?
    Yea

V = Villa = Villager = Town
    W = Wolf = Mafia = scum

Do you have any weak town/mafia read so far on anyone?
    Ty.

For reads so far im still knowing the people here. As soon someone give some kind of town/mafia vibes ill say it.

Btw poor Batman, he finished the good part of GOT, now only the bad part remains

22. Bookmark ISO #72
    Community
    Maffia Sverige/MU
    Quote Originally Posted by yogsloth (#69)
    HAHAHA oh man, just look at this low-rent roster of lightweights... this one is gonna be a walk in the park, boys! We're going to rip through this Town like ex-lax through a goose!

Shad, why don't you go ahead and cue up some GWAR youtube videos to get us psyched up. Something evil, something bangin'... I'm thinking Skulheadface era, ya feel me? Get on it, my main man.

Skumbag, I suggest you and I go to war early, really start ripping on each other, get that distance, I mean go the full monty, the whole hog, really get greasy up in here, I mean elbows-deep into this thing. The full yo momma. Nobody will suspect a thing. Let's do this. Let's get freaky. Let's put the "fun" in funeral, you know what I'm sayin'? Yeah, you know what I'm sayin'.

BATMAN, go ahead and fake a red check on somebody. I mean, like I have to tell YOU, hahahahahahha! Hahah. Ha. $#@! me.

Anyway, all I need now is to figure out some asinine click-baity way to enter the game and I'll be set to go.

Autocorrect

'member?

23. Bookmark ISO #73
    Community
    PTP(RIP), 2+2
    AKA
    BATM!
    Don’t remember you. Sorry

24. Bookmark ISO #74
    Community
    PTP(RIP), 2+2
    AKA
    BATM!

##Vote yogsloth forced

25. Bookmark ISO #75
    Community
    GOG.com

26. Bookmark ISO #76
    Community
    Mafialandia
    ##Vote yogsloth

:coffee:

27. Bookmark ISO #77
    Community
    GOG.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Santygrass (#76)
    ##Unvote BATMAN
    ##Vote yogsloth

:coffee:
    Hey, one of SilverKeith's peeps!

Cool cool, I dig it

28. Bookmark ISO #78
    Community
    GOG.com
    Wasn't Fable in this game? Did I dream that?

29. Bookmark ISO #79
    Community
    GOG.com

thanx

30. Bookmark ISO #80
    Timezone
    Community
    Mafia Colosseum
    AKA
    SleepingTerror
    Quote Originally Posted by yogsloth (#75)
    so it turns out this is the game thread
    I have several levels of confusion. In that:
    1) I'd ask how someone could make that mistake, but it's already happened in one of the earlier completed championship games, I think. (But you're not new to MU..?)
    2)I'd ask why town would do this, and I guess there's reaction testing, but like, this method doesn't work too often?
    3)I'd consider the possibility of scum making this post intentionally and going for the "scum would NEVER do this" route, but that's too much for me.

So you gonna just pass it off like you said nothing or...

31. Bookmark ISO #81
    Timezone
    Community
    W3D Hub
    I mean some people make jokes. Is Yog known to make such jokes? I don't know him.

32. Bookmark ISO #82
    Community
    Maffia Sverige/MU
    1) I'd ask how someone could make that mistake, but it's already happened in one of the earlier completed championship games, I think. (But you're not new to MU..?)
    2)I'd ask why town would do this, and I guess there's reaction testing, but like, this method doesn't work too often?
    3)I'd consider the possibility of scum making this post intentionally and going for the "scum would NEVER do this" route, but that's too much for me.

consider this post as me swapping from my RVS Re1031 vote to a real one

33. Bookmark ISO #83
    Community
    GOG.com

'Sup RE

How you doon

We've played together before

34. Bookmark ISO #84
    Community
    GOG.com
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeP47 (#81)
    I mean some people make jokes. Is Yog known to make such jokes? I don't know him.
    Are you kiddin
    This is my serious face
    <-----------------------

35. Bookmark ISO #85
    Timezone
    Community
    Mafia Colosseum
    AKA
    SleepingTerror
    Quote Originally Posted by SwedishSkumbag (#82)
    Quote Originally Posted by RE1031 (#80)

Explanation please?
    Quote Originally Posted by yogsloth (#83)
    'Sup RE

How you doon

We've played together before
    That's correct.

I'm doing good. You?

36. Bookmark ISO #86
    Community
    GOG.com

I'm doing good. You?
    Life is an unending tunnel of pain

But at least I have you RE, here with me, here at the end of all things

37. Bookmark ISO #87
    Community
    GOG.com
    What game did we play together RE? More than one, I think? They all get blurry in my mind.

38. Bookmark ISO #88
    Community
    Maffia Sverige/MU
    Explanation please?
    Felt longwindy and like you're just trying to explain your thought process to an audience rather than what would come out as a result of an actual thought process. Since it's a champs game, that isn't necessarily as wolfy, but it's still wolfy

39. Bookmark ISO #89
    Timezone
    Community
    Mafia Colosseum
    AKA
    SleepingTerror
    Quote Originally Posted by yogsloth (#86)
    Quote Originally Posted by RE1031 (#85)

I'm doing good. You?
    Life is an unending tunnel of pain

But at least I have you RE, here with me, here at the end of all things
    Ah, sorry to hear. I can sometimes relate.

Best girl always cheers me up.

40. Bookmark ISO #90
    Community
    Maffia Sverige/MU
    Quote Originally Posted by SwedishSkumbag (#88)
    Explanation please?
    Felt longwindy and like you're just trying to explain your thought process to an audience rather than what would come out as a result of an actual thought process. Since it's a champs game, that isn't necessarily as wolfy, but it's still wolfy
    Also, wolves seeing something unexpected sometimes leads to unnatural reactions since they don't know how they would've reacted to it if they were villa. This could be it.

41. Bookmark ISO #91
    Timezone
    Community
    Mafia Colosseum
    AKA
    SleepingTerror
    Quote Originally Posted by yogsloth (#87)
    What game did we play together RE? More than one, I think? They all get blurry in my mind.
    First was the Anonymous Cop 13er, I was Groot, you were Bucky, I think? Then there was the Zombie Uprising game. I think that's it.
    Explanation please?
    I think making your thoughts clear is important in a game. Misreads are often a result of misunderstandings.

Those were the possibilities that crossed my mind. Felt the need to express them. A joke wasn't one of them, though that would make sense.

Did you have a take on yog's post?

42. Bookmark ISO #92
    Timezone
    Community
    Mafia Colosseum
    AKA
    SleepingTerror
    Quote Originally Posted by SwedishSkumbag (#90)
    Explanation please?
    Also, wolves seeing something unexpected sometimes leads to unnatural reactions since they don't know how they would've reacted to it if they were villa. This could be it.
    This wouldn't be the first of its kind I've seen. If it becomes a problem, I'll try to rack my brain and link you every post of that sort of the games I've played, so you can compare my reactions.

Frankly, I thought Santy's reaction was opportunistic. But I also don't think these posts work well as reaction tests. Will catch town as often if not more than scum. Seeing as scum can just ignore it.

43. Bookmark ISO #93
    Community
    GOG.com
    First was the Anonymous Cop 13er, I was Groot, you were Bucky, I think? Then there was the Zombie Uprising game. I think that's it.
    ahahha, man I loved that Bucky game!

желание
    ржавый
    семнадцать
    рассвет
    печь
    девять
    добросердечный
    возвращение на родину
    один
    грузовой вагон

Another game town lost because of a fake red check btw

44. Bookmark ISO #94
    Community
    Maffia Sverige/MU
    Since he outed me as his wolfbro my rand instantly changed from V to W. Unlucky

Quote Originally Posted by RE1031 (#92)
    This wouldn't be the first of its kind I've seen. If it becomes a problem, I'll try to rack my brain and link you every post of that sort of the games I've played, so you can compare my reactions.
    Not rly interested in reading old games. If you're V i'll find you eventually.

45. Bookmark ISO #95
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    Boardgamegeek
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Quote Originally Posted by Shad (#14)
    Batman probably v for bitching about a town rand lol
    Not sure how serious of a read this is, but nonetheless - if bitching about a town rand is something town!Batman would do, is the act in itself not easy enough to mimic as scum?
    Lettuce go with not terribly serious but a good look for page one. I guarantee you he would have preferred a scum rand here.

~~

Just to get this out of the way, since mechanical talk can clog up discussion, think we should agree upon a strategy when it comes to leading trains claiming near EoD? Would potentially prevent scum from capitalizing on town indecision.
    I haven't played this set up in a long while, but I'm of the mind they always claim if they're getting lynched, and then if certain roles (vigs and cops) claim, we spare them at least until their cycle has passed. Yay or nay?
    I've never played a set like this before, so I'd like to hear from others on the mechanizations of this as well. But in general, if I feel strongly someone is scum, I don't move my vote based on claim alone if the claim doesn't feel genuine to me.

46. Bookmark ISO #96
    Community
    GOG.com
    lol I killed RE for the win in Zombie Uprising and lynched her for the loss in the Marvel Heroes game

solid

47. Bookmark ISO #97
    Timezone
    Community
    Mafia Colosseum
    AKA
    SleepingTerror
    Quote Originally Posted by yogsloth (#93)
    Quote Originally Posted by RE1031 (#91)
    ahahha, man I loved that Bucky game!

желание
    ржавый
    семнадцать
    рассвет
    печь
    девять
    добросердечный
    возвращение на родину
    один
    грузовой вагон

Another game town lost because of a fake red check btw
    Cop 13er can be a strange set up. Tough to balance mechanical play and behavioral reads, since one can easily be more beneficial than the other at any given time.

Not too long ago, was in a multiball game where cop claimed a fake check on town, was lynched, then the fake checked town was lynched the day afterwards, and town won via the two scum factions killing each other off. It was great.
    Quote Originally Posted by SwedishSkumbag (#94)
    Quote Originally Posted by RE1031 (#91)
    Since he outed me as his wolfbro my rand instantly changed from V to W. Unlucky

Quote Originally Posted by RE1031 (#92)
    Not rly interested in reading old games. If you're V i'll find you eventually.
    I see.
    Do you have any comments on the other reactions to yog's post?

48. Bookmark ISO #98

If I act like this is all some kind of joke, the village will never catch on.

Whew. Dodged that.

49. Bookmark ISO #99
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    Boardgamegeek
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeP47 (#43)
    First take: Disappointed in some of the bios. I like to get to know the fellow players.

(I won't go as far as saying bio reads are a thing, but it does help with meta)
    TLDR: I make villa-circles and PoE. If I say i'm feeling really confident about a villaread, I can likely be trusted if i'm V, but I can't say the same for my wolfreads. I usually post quite a lot early phases trying to get productive read-based conversation going, and then later on i'm pretty confident in my spewreading once we got a flipped wolf or 2 (to find more villas normally). Some people say i got good tone as both alignments, but i disagree as i often feel awkward when posting as a wolf

~~

I agree with Orange. I think it's situation, and I don't think we should make any blanket statements. I certainly wouldn't say generally the first claimant is lynched. I mean, on average, maybe that's true. But it all depends.

50. Bookmark ISO #100
    Quote Originally Posted by yogsloth (#78)
    Wasn't Fable in this game? Did I dream that?
    I hope he's on the roster, because I've been chilling with him in scum chat all morning.