Page 35 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,750 of 6338

Thread: Season 6, Game 10: The Mafia Convention [The Mafia Championship]

  1. Bookmark ISO #1701
    GOAT Tier BATMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    20,250
    Community
    PTP(RIP), 2+2
    AKA
    BATM!
    Gender
    Relm and capage zero post not a good look.

  2. Bookmark ISO #1702

  3. Bookmark ISO #1703
    within the hallow RE1031's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    on the fence
    Posts
    4,837
    Timezone
    UTC-04:00
    Community
    Mafia Colosseum
    AKA
    SleepingTerror
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by -Prismo- (#1594)
    Quote Originally Posted by RE1031 (#1497)
    My mind's not fully here, but I think there's been some misunderstandings about how I voted Nimbus. I was the 6th voter on the train at the time I voted, but SS and yog switched votes due to thinking the Relm wagon was cleaner, so I appeared to be a middle voter. At the time, I don't think (I don't recall) I was aware of who was leading in votes nor who was voting who, but I saw SS' ping and could agree that consolidation was important and my vote was doing nothing on Prismo.
    This is RE's lame explanation about why she changed the vote from me ?
    How is it a lame explanation?
    Quote Originally Posted by RE1031 (#1256)
    ##Vote Nimbus

    Best option imo.

    Honestly would prefer Prismo and I don't know why Nimbus is the go-to "null" poster instead of Prismo.
    But if you actually see what happened hear, is that she was firmly defending nimbus and trying to offer me up as an alternative. She even goes as far as insinuating that nimbus isn't null by using inverted commas.

    At this point I think what was happening is that she was trying to protect a scumbie and decided that if she doesn't jump ship.. She will be caught.. and eventually decided to bus her scumbie anyways.
    Nimbus and you appeared to be on equal grounds for most players, barring Scare who liked your tone. I was wondering why Nimbus' train picked up and not yours. It's not that I was defending Nimbus - though I did think it was possible his off posting was a result of playstyle and not randing scum:
    Quote Originally Posted by RE1031 (#972)
    Opposite feel. Prismo was dismissive and attacked things that didn't matter. Nimbus could be scum, but I agree with Shad and would attribute him sitting on the sidelines as more of a playstyle thing. If you lynch him now, I'd bet it'd be over something NAI.
    Your evidence is circumstantial. Meaning there is an easy explanation as to why I would vote scum while also questioning the train and comparing it to the other options - I am town without knowledge of who the scum are. I hoped Nimbus would flip scum, but that was not something I strongly believed would happen.
    So ask yourself. Why exactly does RE have it out for me ?

    Well:

    Quote Originally Posted by RE1031 (#1049)
    Looking through Prismo's ISO I've gotten the sense that they're just giving their take on certain events in the game, some which have lost their relevance, some where others have already said similar things. Not what I'd call solving.

    I'm gonna go there.

    ##Vote -Prismo-
    She's got it in for me because of my catchup posts.

    If you ISO me,

    you'll see that I came into the game late. This is because I am from a different timezone from the rest of you guys.. well most of you anyway. When the game is in full swing for you, I am probably sleeping or leaving work late.

    So basically this lady wants to Lynch me because I was catching up.. lol ... I mean ???? DO I need to say more ?


    I will though..
    No, I don't have an issue with you (or anyone) catching up. I had an issue with your posts covering outdated topics that have lost relevance and barely anything else. And that you called out players (me and Nimbus) for things that were absolutely NAI - or at least were worded in a way that made it seem you believed them to be irrelevant to our alignments. Why was critiquing playstyle more important than coming to a conclusion of our alignments?
    Quote Originally Posted by -Prismo- (#1623)
    Quote Originally Posted by SwedishSkumbag (#1602)
    Quote Originally Posted by yogsloth (#1601)
    Quote Originally Posted by SwedishSkumbag (#1598)
    It feels like i'm reading a post that's unintentionally laid out like a story. Narrative vibe is strong
    I don't know what you mean here

    Is that a good thing or a bad thing
    bad thing. Narrtive = he knows the ending and is trying to lay out the story to get there. Doesn't feel like he's actually describing his own feelings about RE's posts
    Well, you're not in the position to tell me what my understanding is or how to lay it out.

    I'm quite open to hearing why you think RE wanted to sub Nimbus out for me. Taking into consideration the fact that her entire FOS on me is based on the fact that I made multiple catch up posts.

    If that's such a problem lets Lynch Scare along with me .. because we pretty much caught up at the same time and gave our ideas about previous posts at the same time.
    I have yet to ISO Scare, and while VCA is in his favor as well as in favor of several other players - I don't want to rely on that alone. However, I can safely say that his posting and yours have a significant difference - he actually caught up, made his vote count, gave opinions on a number of players more than you did (and by opinions, I mean thoughts on alignment, not mafia theory), and he talked about a number of topics/events in the game that had not already been discussed to death - in other words, gave a unique take and thus pushed the game forward.

    I don't like that you are dismissing my scumread of you as "you were catching up." Several players have voiced agreement with me, meaning it is not just me with an issue of how you played day 1 and that the way you played is recognizably different from how others played that day.

    Aside from my read of you, which covers my behavior during EoD1 and waffling on the Nimbus slot, do you have any issues with me?
    What do you make of others sharing a similar stance to me on you, regarding your posting from day 1? I ask because you have singled me out as scum for it, but I'm not just being sneaky if it's something others can see as well.

  4. Bookmark ISO #1704
    Thread Analyst Relm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    344
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    Karma/Hub Mafia
    Gender
    Forgive me for vanishing without saying anything (I see I was nearly lynched as is), I told Lissa that I'd be busy on the 10th-12th and tried to switch games, but I stuck with this one. I left somewhere around page 8. Give me a while to read up on what I missed and I'll make a post responding to anything against me/anything I note as particularly scummy/etc. If I have to go again I'll make the post sometime in the morning (EST) when I get home from work.

    Though I will admit and apologize for being completely wrong about Shawnad, and therefore the rest of my accusations have little basis.

    If anyone has anything that they would just overtly want me to address in my post, @ me and I'll be sure to include it.

  5. Bookmark ISO #1705
    GOAT Tier Shad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    15,552
    Community
    Dragonmount
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by M2H (#197)
    ok currently I think batman's entry felt a little bit forced like he might be trying to overcompensate a little bit. Batman is prob town but I feel like he might be scum and I think his assertion that he should be lynched/maf is bad if he lives past day 3 was weird. Shawnad is my other gut scum read because I think the RE vote was pretty opportunistic, and I just in general don't like the vibe I'm getting from her.

    rn my town reads are shad, RE, and probably swedish mostly based on vibe, but I don't think RE jumps all over yogs post like that as scum.
    This was the first post that rubbed me a bit and I think I mentioned this once before but didn't put much thought into articulating why

    I mean on the surface level it's just a blatantly contradictory statement so it stands out

    I guess what rubs me about it is that it feels kind of self-consciousy about not wanting to pull a blatant loudmouth's attention while still calling him out. "Don't think I'm sussing you or anything here but you might be a wolf."

    But I think her play style moving forward has been kind of abrasive? so maybe that's not a thing.

  6. Bookmark ISO #1706
    GOAT Tier Shad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    15,552
    Community
    Dragonmount
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Relm (#1704)
    Forgive me for vanishing without saying anything (I see I was nearly lynched as is), I told Lissa that I'd be busy on the 10th-12th and tried to switch games, but I stuck with this one. I left somewhere around page 8. Give me a while to read up on what I missed and I'll make a post responding to anything against me/anything I note as particularly scummy/etc. If I have to go again I'll make the post sometime in the morning (EST) when I get home from work.

    Though I will admit and apologize for being completely wrong about Shawnad, and therefore the rest of my accusations have little basis.

    If anyone has anything that they would just overtly want me to address in my post, @ me and I'll be sure to include it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shad (#453)
    Quote Originally Posted by Relm (#340)
    >shows up when shawnad is pushed into a corner and voted up
    >+ called out for odd vote 200+ posts ago
    >says shawnad is pretty townie
    >votes M2H who’s showing up as being pretty townie

    Looks like maf collusion, smells like maf collusion, probably is maf collusion.
    Talk to me. I didn't even look to see who this post is in reference to.

    Presumably you have randed wolf before.

    Does anything you just said here feel remotely reminiscent to your own experiences playing that alignment?
    you're a top candidate for today's lynch if the vc didn't make that evident

    but take your time and catch up

  7. Bookmark ISO #1707
    Soul Reader Scare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    4,139
    Timezone
    UTC-07:00
    Community
    Gamefaqs
    Gender
    little busier than expected sorry guys

  8. Bookmark ISO #1708
    Slaughter the Useless yogsloth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    California
    Posts
    7,472
    Community
    GOG.com
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Scare (#1707)
    little busier than expected sorry guys
    Can I get a full top -> bottom reads list from you

    thanks in advance

  9. Bookmark ISO #1709
    Soul Reader OrangeP47's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    1,213
    Timezone
    UTC-06:00
    Community
    W3D Hub
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Relm (#1704)
    Forgive me for vanishing without saying anything (I see I was nearly lynched as is), I told Lissa that I'd be busy on the 10th-12th and tried to switch games, but I stuck with this one. I left somewhere around page 8. Give me a while to read up on what I missed and I'll make a post responding to anything against me/anything I note as particularly scummy/etc. If I have to go again I'll make the post sometime in the morning (EST) when I get home from work.

    Though I will admit and apologize for being completely wrong about Shawnad, and therefore the rest of my accusations have little basis.

    If anyone has anything that they would just overtly want me to address in my post, @ me and I'll be sure to include it.
    @Relm

    Explain how you went from entering the thread originally, saying you'd catch up, to claiming in the span of ~13 minutes. That's the big thing people had issue with.

    For when you get to it.

  10. Bookmark ISO #1710
    GOAT Tier Shad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    15,552
    Community
    Dragonmount
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by M2H (#286)
    you dont have to shade me for opposing your horrible idea. You want everybody to claim but if everybody claims there won't be enough protection for everybody. The fact that you claimed is fine because we can BG/watch you but there is no way to be sure that you are town!cop here and the assertion that EVERYBODY should claim is not good imo.
    ok yeah I don't think she's afraid of picking a fight with him hah

  11. Bookmark ISO #1711
    within the hallow RE1031's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    on the fence
    Posts
    4,837
    Timezone
    UTC-04:00
    Community
    Mafia Colosseum
    AKA
    SleepingTerror
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by RE1031 (#1703)
    I have yet to ISO Scare, and while VCA is in his favor as well as in favor of several other players - I don't want to rely on that alone. However, I can safely say that his posting and yours have a significant difference - he actually caught up, made his vote count, gave opinions on a number of players more than you did (and by opinions, I mean thoughts on alignment, not mafia theory), and he talked about a number of topics/events in the game that had not already been discussed to death - in other words, gave a unique take and thus pushed the game forward.
    Minor correction; thought Scare voted Nimbus EoD.

  12. Bookmark ISO #1712
    GOAT Tier Shad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    15,552
    Community
    Dragonmount
    Gender
    ok M2H is probably a villager

  13. Bookmark ISO #1713
    GOAT Tier Shad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    15,552
    Community
    Dragonmount
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by M2H (#302)
    like asking for doc/watch to be on him is fine imo and shouldn't be ai. your vote looks super oppurtunistic there like the progression from town -> neutral -> voting him happened in like two posts and the post you quoted isn't even scummy like its condescending towards me and I don't like getting shaded but if I'm not already scum reading BATMAN then that post isn't making me jump on him.
    Half way through her ISO but I kind of love the scrappy attitude when she's asserting why she disagrees with things. This one in particular stood out as really villagery.

    I'll finish reading it but the collective flows together a lot more pure than the handful of posts that were bugging me in isolation.

    Still curious to see what lead her to flipping on Nimbus.

  14. Bookmark ISO #1714
    GOAT Tier Shad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    15,552
    Community
    Dragonmount
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by M2H (#540)
    fmpov you called him out for a weird reason because while he didn't say anything about the people voting shawna or relm he did give an opinion on both of them--that there was no reason to push them.

    tbf I didn't call you out for voting nimbus, I called you out because instead of asking questions you immediately laid down a vote on an inactive (which on my site is pretty scummy because the inactive can't defend themself well).

    I'm also kind of frustrated with you complaining about inactives but most of what I see from you right now is filler or excuses for why you aren't contributing. You were able to linger in the thread and call out nimbus but you waited until people questioned you voting me to actually go and read a few of my posts?
    Ok maybe my omgus brain is skewing me a bit here but it still bugs me that she's projecting this as pressuring people who aren't around to defend themselves when the engagements happens in real time and she was present for them.

    I dunno

  15. Bookmark ISO #1715
    GOAT Tier Shad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    15,552
    Community
    Dragonmount
    Gender
    dat toan tho

  16. Bookmark ISO #1716
    GOAT Tier Shad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    15,552
    Community
    Dragonmount
    Gender
    I have no idea why I had it in my head that she voted Nimbus at EoD.

    I thought she had called Nimbus out for roughly the same thing I called him out for and that was bugging the crap out of me coupled with the bussing accusation, but I can't find the post anywhere so it might have been RE that said it.

    Eh I'm going to read Prismo.

  17. Bookmark ISO #1717
    Soul Reader Scare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    4,139
    Timezone
    UTC-07:00
    Community
    Gamefaqs
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by yogsloth (#1708)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scare (#1707)
    little busier than expected sorry guys
    Can I get a full top -> bottom reads list from you

    thanks in advance
    when I can sit down and focus, yes. but not sure where I stand on everyone right now. end of day was pretty big and shook a lot of my suspects

    like re and shad both look better for end of day
    but if its scum scum then ?

    will have to think in both directions

  18. Bookmark ISO #1718
    Thread Analyst Relm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    344
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    Karma/Hub Mafia
    Gender
    This re-read is sucking the life out of me and I'm only at page 12

  19. Bookmark ISO #1719
    Soul Reader Scare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    4,139
    Timezone
    UTC-07:00
    Community
    Gamefaqs
    Gender
    Also I like the term Beetlejucing, but I dont think I love Scummon too much

    but I will for sure at least spread the lingo to my homesite

    And yes this is literally what I think about while driving hahaha. Im pretty sure I had a mafia dream the other night too

  20. Bookmark ISO #1720
    GOAT Tier Shad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    15,552
    Community
    Dragonmount
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Scare (#1719)
    Also I like the term Beetlejucing, but I dont think I love Scummon too much

    but I will for sure at least spread the lingo to my homesite

    And yes this is literally what I think about while driving hahaha. Im pretty sure I had a mafia dream the other night too
    I've been waiting since my commute home to call a post acceptableh

  21. Bookmark ISO #1721
    within the hallow RE1031's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    on the fence
    Posts
    4,837
    Timezone
    UTC-04:00
    Community
    Mafia Colosseum
    AKA
    SleepingTerror
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by OnlyA (#159)
    Two questions:
    The first is NAI but where is the mafia chat? Is it it's own forum or is it a PM? (How likely is it that Yogsloth posted in wrong place?)

    Second, there are like 4 mafs. To my understanding, one of them gets to perform the faction kill. If that person is jailed or RBed, will the Mafia still kill?

    In Town of Salem there are 2 killing roles but here roles are NAI so IDK.
    I had some thoughts on this derpclear yesterday but did not have time to voice them - reason I don't think this makes OnlyA locktown is if his intent was to ask the bolded question, to appear to be solving when he's scum in reality, then it follows that as a new player on the site, if he randed town, location of the mafia chat is information he would not have. Think he said so as much in #185, but yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by OnlyA (#1361)
    My townleads (SS and Yog) voted on Nimbus, and then Batman flipped himself there as well (which felt like bussing?)
    But then SS and Yog flipped off of Nimbus and it felt like they were worried "Oh shoot, Nimbus could actually get lynched!"
    IDK why watcher wasn't on Shawna, I think she was the most townread person here.

    Townreads:
    Relm
    Swedish Skumbag
    Yogsloth

    Scumreads:
    Batman
    Would like further explanation as to how Batman's vote felt like bussing to you, especially if this is your response to Batman's defense:
    Quote Originally Posted by OnlyA (#1429)
    To me, it makes sense that you would lynch an inactive mafia member to confirm yourself instead of a good town pocket.


    Okay so you say that it would be 100% stupid to bus in this instance. Therefore, everyone on the Nimbus wagon is clean.

    Orange, Bat, RE, shawna, and Shad are all clean.
    But wait! Swedish and Yogsloth started that wagon, so they're probably clean too.
    And you like Mantis, Scare, and Relm as town right?

    So essentially, your lynch pool consists of me, M2H, Capage, Santygrass, Prismo, and samerk (which just happen to be 5 out of the 6 least posting people.

    In summary, you're either saying that wolves "gamethrew" by bussing, or that all of the wolves are just plain inactive.

    My conclusion (although I don't agree with all of your townreads) is that there was scum on the Nimbus wagon, and if there is scum, why are you any different than anyone on that wagon?

    Please correct anywhere and everywhere I am wrong.
    You may have a valid reason to suspect Batman bussed (I disagree though, I think he's town), but I have not seen it yet.

    I think in general I'd like more reads from you on other players.

  22. Bookmark ISO #1722
    Thread Analyst Relm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    344
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    Karma/Hub Mafia
    Gender
    I refresh this page every few moments to see if there's anything going on here while I'm reading the backlog, seems I chose a nice quiet hour lol

    please do excuse as I make some filler posts every once in a while to make up the minimum 10 just in case (so far this would be three I think)

  23. Bookmark ISO #1723
    Slaughter the Useless yogsloth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    California
    Posts
    7,472
    Community
    GOG.com
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Relm (#1722)
    I refresh this page every few moments to see if there's anything going on here while I'm reading the backlog, seems I chose a nice quiet hour lol

    please do excuse as I make some filler posts every once in a while to make up the minimum 10 just in case (so far this would be three I think)
    Take your time

    Welcome back

    Let's go get some wolves

  24. Bookmark ISO #1724
    GOAT Tier Shad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    15,552
    Community
    Dragonmount
    Gender
    Prismo's ISO is great I like this guy, hope he sticks around.

    Decent chance he's a wolf but hey that happens.

  25. Bookmark ISO #1725
    Thread Analyst Relm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    344
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    Karma/Hub Mafia
    Gender
    I keep seeing ISO used a lot, it would be a big help if one of you could tell me what it means since I've never seen it before

  26. Bookmark ISO #1726
    Thread Analyst Relm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    344
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    Karma/Hub Mafia
    Gender
    (still around post #625 as far as backread goes, I forgot how long it takes to do this when people get in the swing of things and make big posts)

  27. Bookmark ISO #1727
    GOAT Tier Shad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    15,552
    Community
    Dragonmount
    Gender
    I like his push on RE and think SS's susses on him have been kind of garbage to be honest but he also like

    Spent the entirety of D1 talking about how it would be dumb to lynch Yog like that was ever a remotely viable option.

    I think it's kind of weak that he ultimately gets defensive with SS instead of questioning his alignment further, because he doesn't strike me as someone who would hesitate to break stride from the consensus as a villager. He starts rebutting SS like he thinks he's a wolf and just kind of drops the push for AtE, when I feel like if he was suspicious from the outset there's no indication that SS did anything to alleviate that concern.

  28. Bookmark ISO #1728
    GOAT Tier Shad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    15,552
    Community
    Dragonmount
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Relm (#1725)
    I keep seeing ISO used a lot, it would be a big help if one of you could tell me what it means since I've never seen it before


    click blue, profit

  29. Bookmark ISO #1729
    Thread Analyst M2H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    560
    Community
    Smogon / PO
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Relm (#1725)
    I keep seeing ISO used a lot, it would be a big help if one of you could tell me what it means since I've never seen it before
    an iso (short for isolation) is where you read a all of a person's posts on their own

  30. Bookmark ISO #1730
    within the hallow RE1031's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    on the fence
    Posts
    4,837
    Timezone
    UTC-04:00
    Community
    Mafia Colosseum
    AKA
    SleepingTerror
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantisdreamz (#1001)
    ##Vote Shad

    It doesn't really seem like he/she believes their votes.

    This was the latest one
    Quote Originally Posted by Shad (#524)
    eh ##Vote Relm

    I fell asleep on my desk goodnight
    I don't actually disagree with this assessment, since Shad this game has struck me as nonchalant, though I think some of your posts against Shad are nitpicky? Like these:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantisdreamz (#992)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shad (#51)
    Oh claim chatter

    I'm vt kek
    don't love this
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantisdreamz (#997)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shad (#485)
    Quote Originally Posted by M2H (#483)
    Think swedish and shad are jumping the gun on nimbus here tbh.

    1.) Nimbus gave an opinion I his post so shad calling him out for it is kinda strange
    2.) while not many people are voting Shawna or relm, they are currently the people getting talked about the most so I can see why nimbus thought there were wagons on them.
    ##Vote M2H tbh
    don't like the added 'tbh' here, after the vote.
    Not really sure how the things you called out are AI. There's also this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantisdreamz (#1122)
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeP47 (#235)
    Quote Originally Posted by Relm (#233)
    Part of being good town is shielding more important roles, though.
    I only claimed because my role is weak. Shielding is Doc's job.

    Maybe it's just meta from my community, powerful roles are often always claimed early so protective roles have known targets and town has something to go on off the bat. In this rolelist however I know that strategy doesn't work.
    Information is the most powerful weapon. It's like the rule "never claim vanilla" Vanilla isn't even a role, but you NEVER claim it.
    ^that's why it bugged me a bit, when Shad claimed vt
    Everyone's a power role, Shad's VT claim was obviously a joke? So I'm not sure why you think it's a problem.

    Slightly like the comments on Shawna:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantisdreamz (#1099)
    Quote Originally Posted by shawnad2006 (#1080)
    Quote Originally Posted by SwedishSkumbag (#1066)
    I agree with Yog that this is the towncore, never lynch:
    SwedishSkumbag
    shawnad2006
    yogsloth

    Strong town. Can still be a wolf, but very likely not:
    Scare

    Strong-ish town:
    Santygrass
    OnlyA

    ---- BIG GAP

    Weak townreads (don't sheep this tier if i die):
    RE1031
    BATMAN
    M2H (partially sheeping yog&shawn here)
    Mantisdreamz

    2-4 wolves in here (likely 3):
    Shad
    Capage
    Nimbus
    OrangeP47
    Relm
    samerk
    -Prismo-
    I would put Santy and Only in never lynch and move yog down to strong town with Scare.
    And I'd put M2H in strong-ish town. And both BATMAN and Mantis are still in my wolves pool.
    Aside from all that, I'm with you.
    Even though you said I look like wolf. I do like this post, seems a town thing to re-correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantisdreamz (#1154)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scare (#1117)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantisdreamz (#1099)
    Quote Originally Posted by shawnad2006 (#1080)
    I would put Santy and Only in never lynch and move yog down to strong town with Scare.
    And I'd put M2H in strong-ish town. And both BATMAN and Mantis are still in my wolves pool.
    Aside from all that, I'm with you.
    Even though you said I look like wolf. I do like this post, seems a town thing to re-correct.
    How is it a town read to give your own wall?

    This is so lazy and scummy
    because she inputted her own info on this. She could have just left it alone. Seemed like a towny thing to do. Trying to interject your own opinion. I said it seems like a towny thing.

    I definitely don't think it is "lazy and scummy"
    Also kind of like the late vote on Santy, lol, though I think it's not really for alignment-related reasons.

    Will try to get some time (and patience) to go through Shad's ISO tonight.
    Waiting for Mantis' latest take on me too.

    Also reading through Mantis' ISO has me questioning Prismo again, since these were Mantis' posts from EoD1:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantisdreamz (#1264)
    Quote Originally Posted by BATMAN (#1249)
    ##Vote Nimbus
    why not vote Relm?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantisdreamz (#1273)
    just iso'ed Nimbus. Ya, I could probably vote for him too
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantisdreamz (#1277)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shad (#1274)
    ##Vote Nimbus relm at least has a higher chance of showing up to play tomorrow at this pace
    maybe they are both scum!

    That would be nice
    There's a preference of Relm over Nimbus (which I don't think is incriminating tbh; both slots weren't blatantly scummy.) So still think it's weird that Prismo is concerned with my posts on Nimbus alone and the whole deal is looking like OMGUS.

    From @-Prismo- , I'd like to know the stance on Relm.

  31. Bookmark ISO #1731
    GOAT Tier Shad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    15,552
    Community
    Dragonmount
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by -Prismo- (#1623)
    If that's such a problem lets Lynch Scare along with me .. because we pretty much caught up at the same time and gave our ideas about previous posts at the same time.
    I think I radically misread this actually he's pitching an RE pov not an SS one

  32. Bookmark ISO #1732
    Thread Analyst M2H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    560
    Community
    Smogon / PO
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself
    Gender
    @Shad can I get a little more progression on your read of me? Like I'm not entirely sure that I believe that you ever thought I was the deepmole. I thought you ISO'd me the other day and all the posts you pointed out back then were made prior to when you changed your previous scum read of me?

    like here's a timeline

    I call you out -> you sr me -> you iso me -> you tr me -> i iso you -> i tr you -> i call you a potential deepmole -> you call me a potential deepmole -> you iso the exact same posts as last time (all those posts were posted prior to your previous iso) -> you tr me

  33. Bookmark ISO #1733
    GOAT Tier Shad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    15,552
    Community
    Dragonmount
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by -Prismo- (#748)
    Quote Originally Posted by SwedishSkumbag (#674)
    Quote Originally Posted by -Prismo- (#563)
    As for Batman .. does MU condone people getting upset and running away like batman did ? Lol where I am from we'd call that ATE and Lynch for the lulz .. but hey. When in Rome
    this comment feels like testing the waters of if people would be up for lynching Batm basically on policy, and if people don't wanna he can say he didn't really push it with the way he phrased it towards the end
    LOL ...

    Dire Grasping of Straws
    Quote Originally Posted by -Prismo- (#1623)
    Quote Originally Posted by SwedishSkumbag (#1602)
    Quote Originally Posted by yogsloth (#1601)
    Quote Originally Posted by SwedishSkumbag (#1598)
    It feels like i'm reading a post that's unintentionally laid out like a story. Narrative vibe is strong
    I don't know what you mean here

    Is that a good thing or a bad thing
    bad thing. Narrtive = he knows the ending and is trying to lay out the story to get there. Doesn't feel like he's actually describing his own feelings about RE's posts
    Well, you're not in the position to tell me what my understanding is or how to lay it out.

    I'm quite open to hearing why you think RE wanted to sub Nimbus out for me. Taking into consideration the fact that her entire FOS on me is based on the fact that I made multiple catch up posts.

    If that's such a problem lets Lynch Scare along with me .. because we pretty much caught up at the same time and gave our ideas about previous posts at the same time.
    I still think A to B here is unintuitive vs actually suspecting SS of trying to string up his mislynch.

    Stems in part from I think his RE push was the best thing he's posted in this game and I don't think there's a world where he was ever "testing the waters" irt mislynching Batman even if he is a wolf. It read like blatant $#@!posting to me. If I'm reading piecemeal vanity search results and that's my SS content to go on I'd be fairly sketched out I think and he basically gets defensive about it.

  34. Bookmark ISO #1734
    within the hallow RE1031's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    on the fence
    Posts
    4,837
    Timezone
    UTC-04:00
    Community
    Mafia Colosseum
    AKA
    SleepingTerror
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Shad (#1727)
    I like his push on RE and think SS's susses on him have been kind of garbage to be honest but he also like

    Spent the entirety of D1 talking about how it would be dumb to lynch Yog like that was ever a remotely viable option.

    I think it's kind of weak that he ultimately gets defensive with SS instead of questioning his alignment further, because he doesn't strike me as someone who would hesitate to break stride from the consensus as a villager. He starts rebutting SS like he thinks he's a wolf and just kind of drops the push for AtE, when I feel like if he was suspicious from the outset there's no indication that SS did anything to alleviate that concern.
    What's to like about his push on me?
    He's dismissed my case on him as me not liking his catch up posts when that's not the case at all.
    He's accused me of bussing when several other players fit the category; his push of me reads as OMGUS and a way to discredit me as well. You and SS discussed earlier today how my vote on and interactions with Nimbus aren't clearing and how it could be me trying to get a buddy to engage with the thread more, so it's not like it would be a difficult or unwelcome push to make either.

    I think his condescending attitude is false bravado and he's has yet to do anything useful to remotely warrant it, if that kind of approach was welcome.

  35. Bookmark ISO #1735
    Thread Analyst M2H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    560
    Community
    Smogon / PO
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by RE1031 (#1734)
    I think his condescending attitude is false bravado and he's has yet to do anything useful to remotely warrant it, if that kind of approach was welcome.
    yeah he's annoying but we aren't trying to determine who we get along with.

  36. Bookmark ISO #1736
    GOAT Tier Shad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    15,552
    Community
    Dragonmount
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by M2H (#1732)
    @Shad can I get a little more progression on your read of me? Like I'm not entirely sure that I believe that you ever thought I was the deepmole. I thought you ISO'd me the other day and all the posts you pointed out back then were made prior to when you changed your previous scum read of me?

    like here's a timeline

    I call you out -> you sr me -> you iso me -> you tr me -> i iso you -> i tr you -> i call you a potential deepmole -> you call me a potential deepmole -> you iso the exact same posts as last time (all those posts were posted prior to your previous iso) -> you tr me
    My read on you has consisted mostly of getting sketched out by a post in isolation in the moment and then stepping back and thinking you're villagery.

    This post is also villagery and you're probably a villager.

    I will probably twitch and call you a potential deep wolf a half dozen more times and I can live with that.

    For what it's worth this is the first time I "ISO'd" you in the sense of reading > half your posts attentively. I skimmed a few at some point.

  37. Bookmark ISO #1737
    Thread Analyst M2H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    560
    Community
    Smogon / PO
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself
    Gender
    its pretty obvious that his attitude towards me and you is omgus and that's frustrating to see at a champs level where I kind of expect a certain level of play, but eh, he's prob not my first lynch here.

  38. Bookmark ISO #1738
    within the hallow RE1031's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    on the fence
    Posts
    4,837
    Timezone
    UTC-04:00
    Community
    Mafia Colosseum
    AKA
    SleepingTerror
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by M2H (#1735)
    Quote Originally Posted by RE1031 (#1734)
    I think his condescending attitude is false bravado and he's has yet to do anything useful to remotely warrant it, if that kind of approach was welcome.
    yeah he's annoying but we aren't trying to determine who we get along with.
    Of course. Arguably the same could be said about Batman's early day 1 but I don't think that makes Batman scum, not even close.

    I do think though he's using that attitude to compensate for his lacking in other areas.

  39. Bookmark ISO #1739
    within the hallow RE1031's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    on the fence
    Posts
    4,837
    Timezone
    UTC-04:00
    Community
    Mafia Colosseum
    AKA
    SleepingTerror
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by M2H (#1737)
    its pretty obvious that his attitude towards me and you is omgus and that's frustrating to see at a champs level where I kind of expect a certain level of play, but eh, he's prob not my first lynch here.
    I don't think he's OMGUSing you. But I'll try not to tunnel.

    I think I want to see what else Relm has to say today before being okay with her lynch.
    Right now the only benefit I see is confirming the alignments of the two trains from yesterday.

  40. Bookmark ISO #1740
    Thread Analyst M2H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    560
    Community
    Smogon / PO
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by RE1031 (#1739)
    I don't think he's OMGUSing you. But I'll try not to tunnel.

    I think I want to see what else Relm has to say today before being okay with her lynch.
    Right now the only benefit I see is confirming the alignments of the two trains from yesterday.
    I only say that because he claimed that he doesn't see a reason to interact with people with my line of reasoning and scum read me yesterday (where I scum read him) but then now town reads me after me saying I probably wouldn't lynch him.

  41. Bookmark ISO #1741
    Thread Analyst M2H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    560
    Community
    Smogon / PO
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself
    Gender
    also you're not a deepmole @RE1031, right?

  42. Bookmark ISO #1742
    GOAT Tier Shad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    15,552
    Community
    Dragonmount
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by RE1031 (#1734)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shad (#1727)
    I like his push on RE and think SS's susses on him have been kind of garbage to be honest but he also like

    Spent the entirety of D1 talking about how it would be dumb to lynch Yog like that was ever a remotely viable option.

    I think it's kind of weak that he ultimately gets defensive with SS instead of questioning his alignment further, because he doesn't strike me as someone who would hesitate to break stride from the consensus as a villager. He starts rebutting SS like he thinks he's a wolf and just kind of drops the push for AtE, when I feel like if he was suspicious from the outset there's no indication that SS did anything to alleviate that concern.
    What's to like about his push on me?
    He's dismissed my case on him as me not liking his catch up posts when that's not the case at all.
    He's accused me of bussing when several other players fit the category; his push of me reads as OMGUS and a way to discredit me as well. You and SS discussed earlier today how my vote on and interactions with Nimbus aren't clearing and how it could be me trying to get a buddy to engage with the thread more, so it's not like it would be a difficult or unwelcome push to make either.

    I think his condescending attitude is false bravado and he's has yet to do anything useful to remotely warrant it, if that kind of approach was welcome.
    I think his attitude is his NAI style and I find it quite entertaining personally.

    I liked his push because it's where I expect a village brain to be looking. I know I'm a villager, I don't feel I've done squat that's AI, this person tried to swing the wolf wagon onto me. This is where I'm going to look first.

    OMGUS = wolfy is a prevalent misconception in Mafia. People don't like being suspected and it tilts their efforts to observe objectively. Villagers know their alignment and can glean more from a direct scrum than passive observance. Wolves fake the same or get flustered at pressure too. ("Attempt to discredit you" is kind of meaningless in itself because I have to presuppose he's a wolf for it to be wolfy.)

    I think if he is a wolf he pushed you specifically there to look villagery, not to piss on your cheerios for being one of a dozen people willing to lynch him.

    What actually did bother me was the lack of a persistant "OMGUS" component in his exchange with SS, because I think it would be a natural thing for a villager who's demonstrated that tendency to do vs wolves are self-conscious about not ruffling too many feathers at once.

  43. Bookmark ISO #1743
    GOAT Tier Shad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    15,552
    Community
    Dragonmount
    Gender
    Two and a half hours without a game-related thought after reading the entire thread in 15 minutes D1 is ... something.

    Anyway goodnight.

  44. Bookmark ISO #1744
    within the hallow RE1031's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    on the fence
    Posts
    4,837
    Timezone
    UTC-04:00
    Community
    Mafia Colosseum
    AKA
    SleepingTerror
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by M2H (#1741)
    also you're not a deepmole @RE1031, right?


    Of course not!

  45. Bookmark ISO #1745
    within the hallow RE1031's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    on the fence
    Posts
    4,837
    Timezone
    UTC-04:00
    Community
    Mafia Colosseum
    AKA
    SleepingTerror
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Shad (#1742)
    I think if he is a wolf he pushed you specifically there to look villagery, not to piss on your cheerios for being one of a dozen people willing to lynch him.
    I agree there.

    I don't think OMGUS is automatically AI. I do it a lot as town because there's a chance I'm being intentionally misrepresented by scum.
    I think he deliberately avoided defending himself from me when he compared himself to Scare though.
    I also don't understand how he took my accusation that he was discussing topics that had been done to death as me painting catch up posts as scummy in a broad stroke.

  46. Bookmark ISO #1746
    Thread Analyst Relm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    344
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    Karma/Hub Mafia
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Shad (#1743)
    Two and a half hours without a game-related thought after reading the entire thread in 15 minutes D1 is ... something.

    Anyway goodnight.
    I've already stated I'm saving it all for one giant post. This way I can edit it as I go rather than:
    >"oh yeah I think this person might be scum"
    >200 messages later
    >"changed my mind"
    >200 messages later
    >"but maybe..."
    etc

  47. Bookmark ISO #1747
    GOAT Tier Capage's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Prague
    Posts
    10,001
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    rpgmaker.net
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by SwedishSkumbag (#1554)
    @Capage

    you'll need to do some dirty work if you ever wanna leave the PoE. You fine chiling?
    Hey, I hope to that this afternoon, I should have half of the day free, finally. All kind of stuff is happening in my life rn and my new job leaves me with little to know time for mafia.

  48. Bookmark ISO #1748
    GOAT Tier Capage's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Prague
    Posts
    10,001
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    rpgmaker.net
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by BATMAN (#1701)
    Relm and capage zero post not a good look.
    It's not an intention in my case.

  49. Bookmark ISO #1749
    Bandwagoner -Prismo-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Pretoria
    Posts
    91
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    MyBroadBand
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    Good Morning ✨

    Monster of a post coming in to address a few things that were said in my sleeping state. But I'm deliberately going to ignore RE's request for my feelings on Relm... or maybe not. mmmmh not sure I don't feel like dealing with her at that level yet until we sort out her complete lack of understanding of how I play this game vs how she wants me to play it.

    Someone needs to tell this chick I am not her servant. I don't jump at her every whim.


    MOVING ALONG... here it comes.

  50. Bookmark ISO #1750
    Thread Analyst Relm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    344
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    Karma/Hub Mafia
    Gender
    I'm reading the vote scramble rn, towards the end of it

    It is a miracle I survived this .-.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Keyboard Shortcuts

about us
Mafia Universe is a community hub for people who enjoy playing the forum variant of Mafia (also known as Werewolf). We offer fully automated Mafia games and a wide variety of customized features crafted to optimize your game experience. We also proudly host the Internet's only database of Mafia/Werewolf communities.

We hope you stick around!
Role of the Day
Super Backup

The Super Backup automatically inherits the abilities of all dead players of the same alignment. However, the Super Backup is limited to using one ability per night.