Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I'm Sunbae and sometimes I play werewolf. AMA

1. ISO #101
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunbae (#99)
    Quote Originally Posted by ladd (#97)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunbae (#95)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan (#93)
    whoa

you don't like the usual suspects?
    Spoilers ahead for Sixth Sense, The Village, and The Usual Suspects. I doubt anyone cares but if someone hasn't seen them and the discussion would have made them want to I'd hate to spoil things.

So there are two types of twists in movies. Type I is a twist that makes you revisit how you view things that previously happened. You watch the movie, you view things in whatever way based on what's happened, a twist happens, and then you gain a new perspective for how things were playing out. The example I always use of this is The Sixth Sense. In the Sixth Sense you are presented with the information that the kid can see dead people. You're watching the movie, it's a bit weird/creepy, you have your general feelings about the things that are happening, and then you get the "He's been dead the whole time" twist. Now you realize that nobody else in the movie said a word to him since he was shot and you get to go through previous scenes with an entirely new outlook on them. These are awesome twists and are the basis for a lot of the "makes you think!" movies. You get your perspective adjusted and see things in an entirely different light.

Type II is a twist where the joke is on you. These are twists for the sake of having twists and are often resulted from being presented with things that are just blatantly untrue. The example I always use of this is The Village. Same director as The Sixth Sense, much different result. In The Village you are presented with the information that creepy things are hunting people outside of an 18th century village. You're watching the movie, it's a bit weird/creepy, you have your general feelings about the things that are happening, and then you get the "Nothing is really out there and it's really modern day instead" twist. Now you realize that the entire premise of the movie was a lie to trick you and all of the previous scenes were entirely irrelevant. None of them matter. They aren't true. None of the suspense was real. The entire point of the movie was to feed you 75 minutes of lies so that you were surprised by the last 15. It results in the entire movie being a waste of your time. You don't look at previous things differently, your perspective isn't adjusting, it's just a "LOL JUST KIDDING!" reveal.

The Usual Suspects is a type II twist. You are told a story and flashback for 105 minutes only to find in the last 3 that none of it is true. There's no interesting going back and rewatching it scenes, there's no AHA moment, there's nothing interesting to take away from it. It's just Kevin Spacy making $#@! up for 105 minutes and then walking without a limp so that you feel surprised. But it's a weak surprise that has zero oomph behind it. It's just "oh, it was all fake ok then" and then you move on.

This concludes my :fire: posting about twists that some people will disagree heavily with. Like if you enjoy it, that's cool. You do you. I just hate it.

that's understandable

but the ending still gave me chills

how would you rank Nolan's movies?
    Elite Movies
    The Prestige
    The Dark Knight
    Inception
    Memento
    Interstellar

Good Movies
    The Dark Knight Rises
    Batman Begins

I just don't really like Superman (that's a whole different conversation)
    Man of Steel

I don't like war movies
    Dunkirk*

*This ranking is specifically due to my dislike of War movies (specifically those based heavily on historically accurate things). They make me uncomfortable (they are often supposed to!). I struggle to live comfortably in the balance of remembering the awful things those before me put themselves through in an effort to make the world a better place and exploiting those hardships and life changing events for a movie with the intent of making a profit. I enjoy watching documentaries (which have more of an educational motive than a profit one). Dunkirk is objectively a good movie. It's probably one of his most well made ones all things considered. But I did not enjoy watching watching it (nor do I think I was supposed to). So it gets a category all on its own.

idk if the elite movies are ranked within but i'll pretend they are since The Prestige is one of my fav movies ever

2. ISO #102
    They are absolutely ranked in order

3. ISO #103
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan (#98)
    huh, I actually watched The Usual Suspects already knowing the twist and still enjoyed it a lot.

I don't think his story was entirely made up. Spacey got the name "Kobayashi" from the mug, but the guy driving the car he gets into at the end is the same actor who played Kobayashi. And it's much easier to spin a big lie like that if you mix in truth. My takeaway wasn't "oh, so it was all fake ok" but "huh... how much of it was fake?" and it made me think about the 105 minutes. He's misleading you like he is misleading the detective. You get so caught up listening to the yarn he's spinning, you forget he's a con artist with a weapons charge who got put in a lineup with a bunch of hard criminals. He was never some weak bystander, that's just what the detective wanted to believe about the unassuming guy with a clubfoot, and Spacey pounced on that to take advantage. He's stalling until he makes bail.

You watch the movie, you view things in whatever way based on what's happened, a twist happens, and then you gain a new perspective for how things were playing out.
    Look at the items Spacey picks up before he leaves the station (at the end of the movie). Then watch the opening scene of the movie. What does Keyser Soze use to light his cigarette and tell the time before he kills Keaton?

And frankly, his story is compelling enough that it didn't matter to me if it was true or not.
    It has been years and years since I've watched it so a lot of the specifics are long forgotten by me. I mean it might be 15 years? I enjoy your take on it (especially the idea that the detective is kind of a standin for us and he's misleading us both the same way which never occurred to me) and I kind of want to give it another go to see how I feel about it now.

4. ISO #104
    Community
    2+2 POG

5. ISO #105
    Hype! Arapocalypse's Avatar Discord Moderator
    Community
    Mafia Games Discord
    AKA
    Ara
    1. If you could go back in time to when you just started playing mafia and give yourself one piece of advice, what would it be?
    2. Do you prefer randing mafia or town, and why?
    3. What skill(s) would you consider underrated in randing town/mafia?
    4. Have you ever tried/considered trying video mafia, or offline mafia?
    5. Thoughts on busdrivers?
    6. What role(s) do you wish was used more in automated games? Manual games?
    7. Are you planning to play in the hydra event this season?
    8. Are you excited for anni?!?!

I'll be back with more at some point!!!
    Message a ghost at Arapocalypse#0834!

[9:07 AM] boq, bbt's boss: Be Boq
    [9:07 AM] boq, bbt's boss: Wait for the principal in the cafeteria
    [9:07 AM] boq, bbt's boss: Be offered coffee by the peeps there
    [9:08 AM] boq, bbt's boss: "Nice"
    [9:08 AM] boq, bbt's boss: Grab a random mug. Enjoy your coffee. Notice that it says "principal's mug" on it

6. ISO #106
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaze13 (#104)
    Did you love or hate the jackalope role?
    To clarify for others: I once randed the role of "Jackalope" in a game. I was unkillable and had no win condition. My entire role in the game was to troll. Then, once that had gone on for a few days the mods realized "no win condition" was kind of game breaking so they changed it to a villager role.

It was enjoyable for the ridiculousness of it and I loved it for a little bit. As the game progressed and in retrospect I ended up having a role of just ruining the game for other people and it kind of sucked. Would not want again.

7. ISO #107
    Quote Originally Posted by Arapocalypse (#105)
    1. If you could go back in time to when you just started playing mafia and give yourself one piece of advice, what would it be?
    2. Do you prefer randing mafia or town, and why?
    3. What skill(s) would you consider underrated in randing town/mafia?
    4. Have you ever tried/considered trying video mafia, or offline mafia?
    5. Thoughts on busdrivers?
    6. What role(s) do you wish was used more in automated games? Manual games?
    7. Are you planning to play in the hydra event this season?
    8. Are you excited for anni?!?!

I'll be back with more at some point!!!
    1. Don't take the game so seriously. I went through a stretch where I was really focused on winning and it casued me to both burn out and treat people poorly for not playing in a way I thought was correct at the time. My enjoyment with werewolf over the last two years is miles ahead of where it used to be when I started.

2. Villager. I enjoy solving puzzles and that's all villaging is.

3. I cannot emphasize this enough: The key to being a good villager is listening to other people. You will likely have a piece of the puzzle yourself - either a strong village or wolf read on someone - but won't have the whole answer. The thing is, everyone else will have a piece as well and their pieces will be different than yours. If you can just take the thing you're confident on and put it next to the things others are confident on, you can usually put together a good idea of the game state. People are too worried about looking foolish by clearing a wolf and it makes them hesitate to listen to others as much as they should. Sponge more than you think you should sponge, and then do it some more.

4. I've watched a fair amount of the video mafia on twitch - though it was more a few years ago than recently - and I don't think it's for me to actually play even though it's really fun to watch. I don't like the non-flips since my enjoyment comes from putting together a puzzle. But since you never get any of the pieces it just doesn't seem to work out well for what I enjoy.

5. They seem whatever. I've never really put much thought to them.

6. JOAT. I think 1 time track, 1 time cop, 1 time vig is an awesome role as the lone PR in a 13/17er instead of a full cop. In manual games, I wish they've use more flexible roles. Things that trigger different abilities depending on how the day before played out (see: peek who you voted/itad, abilities for post count, abilities if you lynch a villager/wolf, abilities for getting people to say a phrase in the game, etc)

7. YES! Hydras are great.

8. There is much hype though I'm sad I won't get my free trophy. It's the only one I've gotten since 2016

8. ISO #108
    Timezone
    UTC-08:00
    Community
    The Cave of Dragonflies
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Do you listen to a lot of music? What are some of your favorite artists/albums/songs?
    Along the same lines - do you read a lot? What are some of your favorite authors/books?

What's a habit you have that you're happy you formed?

What are some things you think everyone should do or try?

9. ISO #109
    One of my absolute favorite songs is Metric's "Gimmie Sympathy"

It's my go to song when I just want to feel good. It can bring me out of a funk or just help me keep having a great time.

Another of my favorite songs is Rilo Kiley's "More Adventurous"

In fact Rilo Kiley's "More Adventurous" album is probably my favorite one from top to bottom:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Mjc...SXuxQ24Im3kSn_

With Metric's "Fantasies" album is a close second:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhks...VwNT9jWX1mJtJj

With Sneaker Pimps' "Bloodsport" being a more distant third:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7kV...Ez38yUcGpRbiT9

Something more off the wall that always makes me want to dance around is Little Boots' "Remedy"

As for habits that I'm glad I've developed, its a bit unusual but it definitely would be asking people in my real life if they are mentally up for me to vent to them instead of just venting to people. I had someone ask that to me once and I realized how healthy of a question that was to ask. Even your best friends might be having stressful/rough days and want to help you out but just can't handle it at that time. It's also made the times where they say "yeah go for it" end up being more helpful and cathartic for me since the person listening was up for it and interactive instead of just tuning it out thinking about their other stresses.

I think everyone should work in the service industry (restaurant, retail, hotel, tech support/customer service being main examples) for at least six months when they are in high school or college. Me doing that entirely shifted my perspective on those day to day interactions with people. No, my side of ketchup isn't that important but they'll get to it. No, the person checking me out at the grocery store can't do anything about an expired coupon. No, the hotel desk clerk isn't kidding when they say your room isn't ready yet. It is not the person on the phones fault that I got double billed and they'll try to help me if I don't start the call with yelling at them. Things like that.

As for a more positive experience answer, everyone should just go visit a beach at night when almost nobody else is around and just lay down in the sand and listen to the waves crash. It's incredibly relaxing, smells great, and is just peak peacefulness. Bring some earbuds, throw on some tunes, and just take it easy.
    Last edited by Sunbae; June 24th, 2019 at 08:57 PM.

10. ISO #110
    As for books, I love to read and High Fantasy is my jam. I've quite enjoyed things like The Dark Tower series, the Harry Potter series, and A Song of Ice and Fire.

My absolute favorite book series is The Malazan Book of the Fallen series by Steven Erikson. I reread them a year ago and then just started over again a few weeks ago. It's a really tough to suggest to people though because the first book is rough. It throws you into the deep end, doesn't explain $#@!, and has a ton of characters to sift through. So for a 10 book series, suggesting someone read it only to have them try to churn through the first one is a tall task.

Erikson does the best job I've encountered of world building and writing climaxes. Every single one of the books has an impactful conclusion and the world gets fleshed out so well.

The 8th book - Toll the Hounds - is the best thing I've read in my life.

The 2nd and 3rd books both had me shook at various points.

My favorite character of fiction is from this series.

My favorite single line of dialogue is from this series

It's so damn good and I urge anyone who likes high fantasy to power through the first one because it's worth it.

11. ISO #111
    dude. read The First Law!

EDIT: if you use kindle, the first book is on sale for $2.99

I tried Gardens of the Moon and gave up when halfway(?) through when the book changed to a new cast of characters in a completely different part of the world (or at least thats what i vaguely remember). Maybe I'll try again someday to push through.
    Last edited by Zapp Brannigan; June 24th, 2019 at 09:46 PM.

12. ISO #112
    Timezone
    oml I love metric, tho I'm more of a black sheep/gold gun girls guy myself. Tbh fantasies was the only record I had listened to by them for the longest time until @iaafr turned me on to some of their other stuff, grow up and blow away is top notch too

sneaker pimps also great

Have you listened to Sleater Kinney?

Bent Knee is also pretty good

on a book note, have you read Patrick Rothfuss's Name of the Wind? Very good high fantasy trilogy, tho only the first two are out yet and I'm peeved
    :wiwe

13. ISO #113
    2016 Mafia Champion Whiskeyjack's Avatar
    Community
    Westeros
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan (#111)
    Definitely second this.

Malazan is great.

But the First Law series and it's follow up books are my favorite by far.

Sunbae - who's the favorite character you mentioned from Malazan?

14. ISO #114

EDIT: if you use kindle, the first book is on sale for $2.99

I tried Gardens of the Moon and gave up when halfway(?) through when the book changed to a new cast of characters in a completely different part of the world (or at least thats what i vaguely remember). Maybe I'll try again someday to push through.
    I totally understand. I wouldn't have made it through Gardens for very similar reasons if it weren't for my friend not only urging me to but also taking time out of their day to explain to me different things I was getting mixed up on as they came up. The series does that a lot - jump to an entirely different place with an entirely new group of characters - but it all gets brought together eventually. You also get used to it and it's not as jarring once you see it once or twice.

The end result is a world that feels like a full world instead of similar places just named differently. It just takes some confusion to get there

I read the synopsis of The First Law and I'm in. I've been looking for a new series to read (I reread Malazan last year and then did Game of Thrones again as the final season was nearing so I haven't read anything new in a couple of years almost).

15. ISO #115
    Quote Originally Posted by LordQuas (#112)
    oml I love metric, tho I'm more of a black sheep/gold gun girls guy myself. Tbh fantasies was the only record I had listened to by them for the longest time until @iaafr turned me on to some of their other stuff, grow up and blow away is top notch too

sneaker pimps also great

Have you listened to Sleater Kinney?

Bent Knee is also pretty good

on a book note, have you read Patrick Rothfuss's Name of the Wind? Very good high fantasy trilogy, tho only the first two are out yet and I'm peeved
    Ive not heard of either of them but I'm into the songs you linked. I like the first one more than the second, but the second is also live so that's to be expected I guess.

I have not read Name of the Wind, but much like I told Zapp I've been looking for a new thing to read and after reading the synopsis I'm in. I'll probably make a bookstore run in the next day or two and see if its around (I still love the atmosphere of a good bookstore!)

16. ISO #116
    The last new book I read was "A Plague of Giants" by Kevin Hearne. It took a bit for me to get going in it but I ended up liking it a fair amount. Enough to be a bit frustrated when I finished it and went to grab the second one only to find out it wasn't out yet. It was a little different in the way it told the story but it worked out well and the world and characters were interesting.

17. ISO #117
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskeyjack (#113)
    Definitely second this.

Malazan is great.

I'm really hyped to hear you say that given your name. I'm excited to hopefully grab a copy tomorrow or Wednesday.

My favorite character was

Tehol

18. ISO #118
    Wants It Most Apoc's Avatar Game Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskeyjack (#113)
    Definitely second this.

Malazan is great.

Lmao

Whiskey's First Law senses tingled

19. ISO #119
    Community
    2+2
    are you on discord? you should totally be in my discord. i saw you play overwatch. we play overwatch. we have friends from all over.

how's life?

how do you only have 4 awards? what a travesty

20. ISO #120
    Timezone
    UTC+14:00
    Community
    People Who Retire
    Best village moment

Best wolf moment

5 things you believe make a good well rounded mafia player

21. ISO #121
    Quote Originally Posted by benneh (#119)
    are you on discord? you should totally be in my discord. i saw you play overwatch. we play overwatch. we have friends from all over.

how's life?

im hardly ever on discord. i use it once in a blue moon to hope into a dead chat, but even then its usually just for a spurt or two. next time i hop on it though i can join cause why not.

i dont really play overwatch anymore. i hadn't played for 3-4 months before popping it up yesterday and i made it two games before logging out with no desire to fire it back up. it used to be really fun but it just doesn't do it for me anymore. Maybe the 2-2-2 lock will make things better because i'm pretty tired of picking healer/tank, having 5 others pick dps, listening to them all complain to each other that we need more healers/tanks but refusing to switch themselves, and then getting crushed by a team that plays any remotely reasonable comp.

Life is pretty solid this week. It had been a bit of a struggle for a couple months before hand but I think things are straightening out alright. I've started focusing on finding new things to do and it's really helped me get into a groove. I've started exercising more, eating better, and taking some free online classes for learning how to code (starting from square 1 because I knew nothing about it) and it's helped me get in a better mental state.

Two of them don't even really count because they are just being a villager in Anni lol. Lots of good players on the site and I'm happy to have two real ones though. Maybe if I played more things would be different shrug

22. ISO #122
    Best village moment: I actually don't have anything that jumps to mind for villaging. I think it's because villaging is so much more of a process that it just ends up blending together compared to wolfing. There were games where I had good reads, games where I played well as a PR, and games where funny things happened, but I can't really pick one out at the moment. One of my funniest moments was ages ago when I subbed in over night for a zero poster and they shot me so I posted zero times. Really earned that win!

Best wolf moment: Definitely winning the Dreamworks mash game with Banks. We had all but given up and had posted the titanic sinking/it was an honor gifs in wolf chat but just kept fighting anyways. Then we were able to turn the game around by constantly pounding the mechanics drum and getting the thread to wolfhunt based on those instead of who was most wolfy. We were able to twist the mechanics knowledge in a way to make ourselves look like we couldn't be vigilantes and presented the argument in thread that we HAD to lynch the vigilante or the wolves would win. Everyone in the game at final 5 would have us as the bottom two players in terms of wolfiness, but they ended up lynching an obvious villager instead to give us the win. Not only did it feel good to win the game in the normal way, but it felt good to be able to do it in a unique way by leveraging our knowledge of the game state over the villages knowledge. Especially in a game that we fought so hard in.

5 things to make a good, well rounded mafia player:
    I could really only think of three. I don't know these are the most important things, but they are the things that jumped to my mind as I was trying to wake up this morning. I think these are the general things that will help out both roles equally. I could talk more in depth about a specific role instead of both.

1. Willingness to listen to other people. As a villager it's important to listen to others to help you get the pieces of the puzzle together. As a wolf it's important to listen to others so the team can plan things out, use their abilities optimally, and be on the same page to maximize win %.

2. Communication. As a villager you need to be able to articulate your thoughts on the game in a way others can follow. It helps them get a read on you and helps you push the people you suspect in a way that lets everyone else get a good read on them. It doesn't help to just call someone an obvious wolf and not expand on it because others can't follow you even if you're right. As a wolf you need to be able to communicate with your teammates about all the different wolf strategies you'll be using. Even something as simple as "who do we night kill" needs solid communication.

3. You need to actually put in effort in both alignments. Pretty much everyone prefers one role over the other but some people refuse to really participate as one of them. The most common one is people not really wanting to play as a wolf and then they take pride in the fact that they are always quickly cleared as a villager. It's not anything to be proud of that you throw 25% of your games so the other 75% are easier for you. Put in the effort and post!

23. ISO #123
    Timezone
    Community
    People Who Retire
    In retrospect I shouldn't have turned so hard on Beck because I was pretty much 100% sure you were scum in dreamworks but back then I had a leak in endgame where I always tried to kill the person who wanted me dead the most

24. ISO #124
    Timezone
    Community
    People Who Retire
    You guys tried to cap me and lord messed it up and the whole team should have been outed, was kind of amazing you got out of it

25. ISO #125
    Community
    2+2
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunbae (#121)

how's life?

im hardly ever on discord. i use it once in a blue moon to hope into a dead chat, but even then its usually just for a spurt or two. next time i hop on it though i can join cause why not.

i dont really play overwatch anymore. i hadn't played for 3-4 months before popping it up yesterday and i made it two games before logging out with no desire to fire it back up. it used to be really fun but it just doesn't do it for me anymore. Maybe the 2-2-2 lock will make things better because i'm pretty tired of picking healer/tank, having 5 others pick dps, listening to them all complain to each other that we need more healers/tanks but refusing to switch themselves, and then getting crushed by a team that plays any remotely reasonable comp.

Life is pretty solid this week. It had been a bit of a struggle for a couple months before hand but I think things are straightening out alright. I've started focusing on finding new things to do and it's really helped me get into a groove. I've started exercising more, eating better, and taking some free online classes for learning how to code (starting from square 1 because I knew nothing about it) and it's helped me get in a better mental state.

Two of them don't even really count because they are just being a villager in Anni lol. Lots of good players on the site and I'm happy to have two real ones though. Maybe if I played more things would be different shrug
    that's cool that you're learning how to code. I've recently taken on a new career and my next big learning path for growth as I see it is in learning a scripting language or two. I won't ever be a SWE or anything close to that, but just being able to automate some of my workload with some python is what i'm hoping to be able to do.

i can kinda see how that helps mental state too. there's kind of a simplistic beauty to how logical and rewarding creating a script/program can be. at least in the early stages. keep it up, man. i'm glad you're doing well.

26. ISO #126
    Quote Originally Posted by Monstrman (#124)
    You guys tried to cap me and lord messed it up and the whole team should have been outed, was kind of amazing you got out of it
    You're absolutely right that we should have been outed.

I was proud of it because the end game villagers were really good and it took every ounce of manipulation and cunning that I had in me. I don't think I've ever worked so hard as a wolf and the relief when it worked was great.

Werewolf is kind of a $#@!ty game though. Being rewarded for making you and beck and the 3rd villager who I don't quite recall atm feel $#@!ty and frustrated and stressed is kinda messed up. It's another reason why I prefer villaging

27. ISO #127
    Quote Originally Posted by benneh (#125)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunbae (#121)

how's life?

that's cool that you're learning how to code. I've recently taken on a new career and my next big learning path for growth as I see it is in learning a scripting language or two. I won't ever be a SWE or anything close to that, but just being able to automate some of my workload with some python is what i'm hoping to be able to do.

i can kinda see how that helps mental state too. there's kind of a simplistic beauty to how logical and rewarding creating a script/program can be. at least in the early stages. keep it up, man. i'm glad you're doing well.
    Yeah, my goal is to first learn to make some websites that I've wanted to make. The main one is a more efficient/clean Magic Arena webpage for all their codes, schedule, event types, rotations, and optimal economy usage. Once I get the hang of that I'd like to learn how to make a video game.

I've had an idea for a jrpg story for a few years now that I keep going back and reworking. I'm pretty happy with it (can still use improvements but that will always be the case) and the one person I've actually broke it down to in depth (General synopsis -> setting/worldbuilding -> general outline -> more in depth break down of individual acts -> main themes I'm trying to hit) really liked it. At first I thought it was just a polite approval and support (I mean I haven't actually done anything like that before so you don't get a ton of confidence) but they've repeatedly asked me about updates unprovoked and suggested I learn how to do this so I could actually make it so I'm taking that as them genuinely liking it! Plus, seeing that one person made something like Stardew Valley and Undertale gives me a lot more motivation to try it. Likely one of those things that never materializes (and even if it does we're talking a long, long time) but hey, you never know and the chances are higher than it would have been if you just sit on your ass doing nothing right?

I find coding relaxing so far but I'm still new at it. It's just trying to solve a puzzle of "why doesn't this work the way I think it should" and making tweaks/adjustments. It's so methodical so far that it just feels natural.

I'm glad to hear you're picking up a few things just for QoL improvements too. It can start for something small and then just end up being more useful than you thought
    Last edited by Sunbae; June 26th, 2019 at 06:55 PM.

28. ISO #128
    Oh, also I quite enjoyed the game "Baba is You" that just came out a month or two ago on steam. It's kind of the same coding type of logical puzzles in video game form. You're provided with a few rules and your job is to mix and match them until things happen that you want to happen.

Here's a trailer for it:

29. ISO #129
    I'm going to wrap up this AMA tomorrow night so get any last questions in!

The one after me will be the one and only BATMAN
    Last edited by Sunbae; June 26th, 2019 at 06:53 PM.

30. ISO #130
    Timezone
    :wiwe

31. ISO #131

32. ISO #132
    Community
    2+2 POG
    Baba is you looks so good. I watched a bit of it on twitch when it came out, but not too much because I see myself getting it at some point down the road and I want it to properly make me feel like an idiot.

I really enjoyed the witness, but I have taken such a long break from it that I'm scared to hop back in because I've definitely forgotten all of the rules I had previously learned.

If you're on steam, you should add me sometime (if were not already friends). Kaze013

33. ISO #133
    Yeah baba is pretty good. I've "beaten" it but there's still like 50 levels I haven't solved yet + I've heard theres secret levels too. Some of them are so difficult until you just approach it from a different angle and then it seems so simple. Super clever game.

The Witness is elite. At this point I've forgotten all the puzzle rules so I'm thinking about firing it up again.

We already are

34. ISO #134
    Timezone
    Community
    The Cave of Dragonflies
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    What are your go-to snacks/comfort foods?

What do you like most about playing mafia?

Are there any questions you were expecting to get but didn't?

35. ISO #135
    Quote Originally Posted by Keldeo (#134)
    What are your go-to snacks/comfort foods?

What do you like most about playing mafia?

Are there any questions you were expecting to get but didn't?

my feel good meals are chicken wings, chicken fried steak, or chicken and dumplings. Those were always the "do something special for dinner but don't have the cash for steak" nights growing up. If I'm at a store and just want to grab something quick to snack on during the drive home I go for a Reeses peanut butter cup and if I'm grabbing something for later it's cookies n cream ice cream.

At this point I just like playing mafia for the puzzle solving and laughs. Usually every game has a handful of posts that I crack up at which helps offset all the awful parts of the game (stress, frustration, whatever).

The AMA went about how I thought it would. Most of the questions involved the site we're on (werewolf), things i listed in OP (magic, video games, baseball), or common generic questions (movies/music/books). I think we kinda touched on all the things I was expecting.

36. ISO #136
    I have a question.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunbae (#135)
    my feel good meals are chicken wings, chicken fried steak, or chicken and dumplings. Those were always the "do something special for dinner but don't have the cash for steak" nights growing up. If I'm at a store and just want to grab something quick to snack on during the drive home I go for a Reeses peanut butter cup and if I'm grabbing something for later it's cookies n cream ice cream.

At this point I just like playing mafia for the puzzle solving and laughs. Usually every game has a handful of posts that I crack up at which helps offset all the awful parts of the game (stress, frustration, whatever).
    Are you me?

chicken fried steak, reeses, cookies n cream GOAT
    Last edited by Zapp Brannigan; June 27th, 2019 at 04:11 PM.

37. ISO #137
    the new reeses big cups are the most perfect ratio of chocolate to peanut butter in existence

38. ISO #138
    Community
    Mafia Games Discord
    AKA
    Ara
    What are your favourite phases to play in mafia, and is there anything that you want to try out more often?

What particularly entices you to play a game (ex. setup, phases, playerlist, site, etc.)?

Do you believe in ghosts?

If you rand mafia in a game where your teammates aren't particularly enthused to play, what do you do/what sort of advice do you give them?

What are your thoughts/hopes on the future of mafia/how it'll develop, forum-wise/elsewise?

Do you listen to music when playing mafia and if so, what?

[9:08 AM] boq, bbt's boss: Grab a random mug. Enjoy your coffee. Notice that it says "principal's mug" on it

39. ISO #139
    Community
    Mafia Games Discord
    AKA
    Ara
    What are your favourite phases to play in mafia, and is there anything that you want to try out more often?

What particularly entices you to play a game (ex. setup, phases, playerlist, site, etc.)?

If you rand mafia in a game where your teammates aren't particularly enthused to play, what do you do/what sort of advice do you give them?

What are your thoughts/hopes on the future of mafia/how it'll develop, forum-wise/elsewise?

40. ISO #140
    Quote Originally Posted by Arapocalypse (#138)

Day 2 as a villager is my favorite. In small games it's still early enough that the game feels wide open but you get an entire eod and two+ flips to start working things out. In large games it's ITA day where you get to start sorting through a bunch of things very quickly. You've also had an entire night phase to organize your thoughts.

Playerlist. I don't really care about mechanics further than "does the game feel broken/unfun" and flavor is just extra stuff that is nice but not where my priorities are. A good playerlist gets me excited to hang out and chat with people.

Nah. I think if they were real there would be overwhelming evidence considering there's (at least the last time I read something on it) 100,000,000,000+ people that have ever lived which would be ghosts. Instead, any evidence is always just some isolated incident with sketchy details.

My general mafia chat advice is "Just post. The worst thing that's going to happen is we get lynched and that just means the villagers did their job. So go out there, post about whatever, and let's just see what happens". I'm not really the "rally around me" type of mafia player though. I think people should participant the exact amount that is fun for them and that amount differs from person to person.

I'd like to see werewolf take a less combative approach where it's treated more like a puzzle than a debate, but that's a tough thing to do.

Sometimes but it's more just because I want to be listening to music at that time instead of wanting the music due to werewolf.

41. ISO #141
    And thats going to do it for me.

Thank for all the questions! It was more active than I thought it would be and ended up being really fun.

The next person will be BATMAN so stay on the lookout for that!