Results 3,401 to 3,416 of 3416

Thread: Season 3, Game 7: Broforce [Mafia Championship]

1. ISO #3401
    Ruler of the Universe Thingyman's Avatar Administrator
    Community
    PokerNet / 2+2
    Revealing advancees in general thread in 6 mins at :30

2. ISO #3402
    Do we get to see a breakdown of the top vote getters beyond the top 2 in this thread? Also I'm sure this is listed somewhere but how to sel croons into the wild card game work?

3. ISO #3403
    Community
    JetNation and DM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt (#3391)
    btw @Leelou I ate pie for you, it wasn?t like dessert pie but it was a pizza pie so I?m gonna say that counts k? THOU SHALT NOT HAVE DIED IN VAIN.
    Pizza pie counts!!

4. ISO #3404
    Timezone
    UTC-04:00
    Community
    AoPS
    You know, I was actually getting doubts on the last day, especially about Azrael. However I decided I had to stick to my guns and not move a single inch because of the perverse incentives created by the setup. Since the real goal is advancing, I though to myself: If I give up my theory and just jump onto another wagon and be a sideshow, there is no chance to advance. If I stick to my theory and its wrong, I dont advance. But there is a chance that if my theory was right, I would have a good chance of advancing. So I chose between a no chance and a chance to advance so I chose to stick to the theory.

5. ISO #3405
    Ruler of the Universe Thingyman's Avatar Administrator
    Community
    PokerNet / 2+2
    Do we get to see a breakdown of the top vote getters beyond the top 2 in this thread? Also I'm sure this is listed somewhere but how to sel croons into the wild card game work?
    Unfortunately not. By the way, if you didn't check the other thread, yogsloth and Gorf were voted through to the finale.

I don't understand the last question, but there is a jury consisting of former finalists that will decide the wildcards if that's what you are asking.
    Last edited by Thingyman; June 22nd, 2016 at 06:50 PM.

6. ISO #3406
    Quote Originally Posted by fdas (#3404)
    You know, I was actually getting doubts on the last day, especially about Azrael. However I decided I had to stick to my guns and not move a single inch because of the perverse incentives created by the setup. Since the real goal is advancing, I though to myself: If I give up my theory and just jump onto another wagon and be a sideshow, there is no chance to advance. If I stick to my theory and its wrong, I dont advance. But there is a chance that if my theory was right, I would have a good chance of advancing. So I chose between a no chance and a chance to advance so I chose to stick to the theory.
    I was thinking about this before the game and how the solo incentive in this game might hurt the town whose real goal is winning as a team. That and a lack of familiarity with players both in theory give scum an advantage.

I would be interested in the stats over the last few years of % of scum victories in tournament vs in general

7. ISO #3407
    Quote Originally Posted by Thingyman (#3405)
    Quote Originally Posted by GGG (#3402)
    Unfortunately not. By the way, if you didn't check the other thread, yogsloth and Gorf were voted through to the finale.

I don't understand the last question, but there is a jury consisting of former finalists that will decide the wildcards if that's what you are asking.
    That was my question. The posting from phone made it illegible

8. ISO #3408
    Community
    http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/forum-games/mafia
    Congrats to Gorf and Yog, well-deserved.

At least one of the players I voted for was someone who was pretty quiet and low-key, but easy to read, and with a good head on his shoulders. You were a self-clearing role IMO, and if you'd changed your theory and helped us nab one of the real scum over Stanari or Silver, I'd certainly have considered adding your name to my list. I don't think said incentives have much impact in rewarding sticking doggedly to a particular theory, or ought to.

9. ISO #3409
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    Forums.totalwar.org
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.SaaB (#3398)
    why does that guy talk like scooby doo ?
    It's based off of the portrayal of Kim Jong Il as seen in the Team America World Police movie.

Excerpts from that movie: (NSFW)

Anyway, he talks like that because that's Trey Parker's most offensive Asian accent he can think of, and how he makes a lot of the asian characters talk in the shows, because it's a play on Japanese finding it difficult to pronounce the letter "L" and they get their L's and R's mixed up sometimes.

Of course, as I note in the game, Koreans don't really have the same accent. Doesn't matter, it's still funny to watch a Kim Jong Il puppet butcher his delivery of Engrish.
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; June 22nd, 2016 at 07:39 PM.

10. ISO #3410
    Timezone
    Community
    AoPS
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrael (#3408)

At least one of the players I voted for was someone who was pretty quiet and low-key, but easy to read, and with a good head on his shoulders. You were a self-clearing role IMO, and if you'd changed your theory and helped us nab one of the real scum over Stanari or Silver, I'd certainly have considered adding your name to my list. I don't think said incentives have much impact in rewarding sticking doggedly to a particular theory, or ought to.
    But no one else would.

11. ISO #3411
    Community
    Quote Originally Posted by fdas (#3410)
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrael (#3408)

But no one else would.
    If your reread resulted in turning the game around and pinpointing some scum, who knows how many heads you'd have turned. At any rate, always better to stay flexible and play your best.

12. ISO #3412
    Timezone
    Community
    AoPS
    It was late in the last day and I didn't really think I can turn the lynch around. My hope was that Silver would flip scum, then we lynch Boq and then Newcomb. The mafia would keep me alive because they think I am going to go for you but then on the last day I turn around and townread you.

13. ISO #3413
    Community
    Quote Originally Posted by fdas (#3412)
    It was late in the last day and I didn't really think I can turn the lynch around. My hope was that Silver would flip scum, then we lynch Boq and then Newcomb. The mafia would keep me alive because they think I am going to go for you but then on the last day I turn around and townread you.
    I like those kinds of plays, where you pull a fast one on the mafia. That'd have been pretty slick.

14. ISO #3414
    Community
    GOG.com
    btw @Azrael - one of my forumites was absolutely convinced until the end that you were my scumbuddy and we were staging the whole thing for our own amusement.

Which, to be fair, is absolutely something I would do.

15. ISO #3415
    Community
    Giraffe Boards
    My gameplay was not the best. Actually I feel that it was one of the worst.

But c'mon. Scum would not come back after a one day absense and attempt what I did on Day 3. Sigh. Everyone should have read town into me. Even though I was wrong about Azrael, I was right about MightySpeck.
    Creator of Hell's Kitchen Mafia. Player/Host at Giraffe Boards

16. ISO #3416
    Community
    Giraffe Boards
    Quote Originally Posted by yogsloth (#3414)
    btw @Azrael - one of my forumites was absolutely convinced until the end that you were my scumbuddy and we were staging the whole thing for our own amusement.

Which, to be fair, is absolutely something I would do.
    You were probably the hardest player to read out of all this. Even with your posting. Good job and good luck in the finals
    Creator of Hell's Kitchen Mafia. Player/Host at Giraffe Boards