Page 709 of 709 FirstFirst ... 209609659699707708709
Results 35,401 to 35,424 of 35424

Thread: Mafia Universe Anniversary 2019

  1. Bookmark ISO #35401
    GOAT Tier LordQuas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    10,603
    Timezone
    UTC-08:00
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Frog (#35400)
    Quote Originally Posted by LordQuas (#1021)
    I think people are gonna want vodka and tissues after anni
    heh @LordQuas
    wtf when did I say that

  2. Bookmark ISO #35402
    GOAT Tier LordQuas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    10,603
    Timezone
    UTC-08:00
    Gender
    ohhhh wait no yeah that was AGES ago

  3. Bookmark ISO #35403
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Lambdadelta (#35397)
    (The point being that saying this $#@! should have consequences and post game if you're gonna say this $#@!, especially if you're dead ass wrong, you should own it and down that WHOLE humble pie. Not just the slice, the whole $#@!ing dish.)
    I personally believe in qualities like living in the moment, moving on and not taking everything that happens in a mafia game personally.

    Esp in a fast paced game during the fastest paced parts of it (ita session).

    But maybe you just crave the satisfaction of rubbing people every wrong read they made in their faces .. which in a game with 140 people very likely are a couple of reads for every single person.


    No offense but .. meh I offense is fine. I don't actually care.
    I think they you are handling this is as bad as the thing you are complaining about. likely worse because the instance you did quote was obviously not meant as a personal attack and more a common phrase for when someone disagrees with a read while not thinking you are scum for it.
    And what you are saying reads more like gloating because you were right on a read than actually having a problem with being called bad.

  4. Bookmark ISO #35404
    Thread Analyst Lady Lambdadelta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    711
    Community
    Liar's Club/Mafiascum
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan (#35403)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Lambdadelta (#35397)
    (The point being that saying this $#@! should have consequences and post game if you're gonna say this $#@!, especially if you're dead ass wrong, you should own it and down that WHOLE humble pie. Not just the slice, the whole $#@!ing dish.)
    I personally believe in qualities like living in the moment, moving on and not taking everything that happens in a mafia game personally.

    Esp in a fast paced game during the fastest paced parts of it (ita session).

    But maybe you just crave the satisfaction of rubbing people every wrong read they made in their faces .. which in a game with 140 people very likely are a couple of reads for every single person.


    No offense but .. meh I offense is fine. I don't actually care.
    I think they you are handling this is as bad as the thing you are complaining about. likely worse because the instance you did quote was obviously not meant as a personal attack and more a common phrase for when someone disagrees with a read while not thinking you are scum for it.
    And what you are saying reads more like gloating because you were right on a read than actually having a problem with being called bad.
    Okay, well then let's talk about this then yeah?

    You don't really care, so then why are you telling me this? You're clearly not here to give me any helpful advice or you'd make it private, no this is clearly performative, cause you don't care about offending me right?

    So what's your goal here then, my dude. You here to tell me that actually I'm the bad one for telling people off? Nah, this is more personal ain't it.

    quote was obviously not meant as a personal attack and more a common phrase for when someone disagrees with a read while not thinking you are scum for it.
    you're here because you think people should be allowed to call people bad any time they want and you don't like when they're called out for it, yeah?

    Cause from my perspective, here's what you've said:

    1) I believe in moving on and living in the moment, but I'm going to come here and re-litigate with you. So you're not actually here to DISCUSS or UNDERSTAND me.
    2) You don't mind if I'm offended because you don't give a $#@! what my opinions actually are, so you're not here to CONVINCE me.
    3) You say you don't care but you tell me how I should feel about $#@! and express your own feelings about it as if you do care, so clearly you're not here to be STRAIGHT UP with me.

    So my only assumption can be that you're here to be a $#@!, defend your own narrow view of things because you feel I've somehow infringed on what you think is acceptable, and any attempts I have to have a normal conversation with you about the point I'm trying to make will just end in you trying to have the last word, because you're not trying to talk to me you're just trying to talk OVER me.

    So you can have the last word and say what you want but I want you to know this:

    You don't get to tell me what is and isn't a personal attack and how I should $#@!ing feel about how I was treated in the game.
    You don't get to tell me what is and isn't a common phrase and what should be "normal".
    You can believe what you want to believe about whether I'm here to gloat or not, but you don't get to gaslight me and tell me what I am and am not doing.

    And finally, you don't get to come in and post a passive aggressive nonsense and not be called out for it.

    The truth of the matter is when people straight up shut me down and tell me I'm a bad player and make me not really wanna play anymore, and then it turns out oh wow I was right and oh wow they were town too, they deserve a bit of attention on that kind of play because 1) it isn't okay 2) it hurts town in the long run and 3) if no one calls them out on it, they'll keep going around calling players bad and thinking they're so good at the game.

    What I'm saying basically, is that if we don't call people out when they do this $#@!, we get players like you who think that calling someone bad at Mafia is standard fare for disagreeing. And frankly, I've been guilty of being aggro and over the line myself in the past but it's not something we should be proud of or seek to propagate.

    So as I said you can have your last word these are my last ones on it, at least directed at you, and if you think I'm being unfair to you in my perception, feel free to defend yourself.

    But your post doesn't "read" as anything other than you coming in to stroke your own ego and world view because it's been challenged.

    Have a really nice day though!

  5. Bookmark ISO #35405
    GOAT Tier Chemist1422's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    10,018
    Community
    ToS
    AKA
    Chem, Mist, Roxas, Wind
    Gender
    wow

  6. Bookmark ISO #35406
    Soul Reader Tea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,098
    Timezone
    UTC±00:00
    Community
    Bay12
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Alice Liddell (#35384)

    I'm still baffled why people who I respect as strong players like Ara and Fable were against Tea dying as their ISO was just choke-full of IIoA rather than actual content.
    The following is the last read you gave on me

    Quote Originally Posted by Alice Liddell (#27762)
    Tea's posts have been getting better so I don't really want her ITA'd by now.
    and no it's not a glowing review or anything, but I do feel annoyed that you're milking your initial read on me so much that you're still baffled other players could like my posts

  7. Bookmark ISO #35407
    Hi!

    I was about to be a $#@! (and I will post the stuff I had written so far in a next post just because I can), but let's take the constructive route just for you.

    What Fable did was wrong (and others who used certain words). The point is not if it crosses his line or my line. The point is that it crossed yours. Everything else technically doesn't matter.

    If you want that to change then it is always better to either
    1. report the offenders or
    2. (this is the really good version) talk to them about it via pm.

    Chances are that most people won't read this thread a week after the game (or even 2 days).

    If you really want to make this forum a better place be careful how you complain about things.
    Your very first post did not only call out people that called you bad or an idiot.
    It called out people that wanted to shoot you AND you are openly gloating about being right and them being wrong.

    If your critique is about people crossing the line in their wording, then neither of those points should be anywhere near that post if you want to change anything for the better.

    You might have not said "you are bad for calling me bad", but the intention was clearly there just behind the very first layer striking a pose with both middle fingers in everyones faces.


    In the part you quoted afterwards mikey does 100% the right thing when asking if it is okay to shoot you for your shot.
    And you just lumped him in together with all the people that did you wrong.

    Either you make a serious complain and are constructive or you gloat and flame and let some steam off.
    Don't try both at the same time because no one should really take you serious at that point.

    And for future reference .. I am sorry if I have or will ever call you bad. Mostly because I do believe that I enjoy making fun of people too much to be that boring unless it is something I really do not care about.
    And isn't that the real crime? No? Ok.


    I was about to write this to you in private, because that is how I prefer doing my work, but you started in public and the thread should not die on such a sour note.

    (I thought about commenting on my last post and your follow up rant, but I decided against it and looked for some higher ground instead. As much as I enjoy slinging mud we don't know each other well enough to get in the ring together and it was clearly made to be provocative in the first place and only resolving the issue in the second.)

  8. Bookmark ISO #35408
    The $#@!ish post I decided not to finish for once.
    The thing is if you call every mistake by every player in a mash of this size out then you will still be busy scrolling through day 1 come christmas.

    My advice for you was that you should learn to pick your battles and not make a scene and ask for a public apologie and people to eat their humble pie slice by slice until they had every last bit of it.

    As far as I can see you neither ..
    1. reported the posts when they happened in the hopes that the mods would do their job if this in case was any sort of infriction.
    2. talked to the people you were offended by in a civil and private setting first.

    You made a public showing out of it to look and feel better about yourself, which is in essence not better than anything anyone did to you here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Lambdadelta (#35373)
    Hey so remember those people who called me an idiot for wanting to lynch Tea?

    And those people who said they wanted to shoot me for ITAing Tea?

    Called me a bad player? Repeatedly?

    So uh, where are you now?
    How is this post supposed to change anything for the better?
    (your very first post on the matter)

    Talking about a narrow point of view.

    You added an example of mikey and fable talking about your shot on tea afterwards.

    And you are not talking only about people calling you bad or an idiot in that post.
    You are calling people out for asking to permission in public to shoot you.

    What makes you think mikey did wrong in that situation that makes it okay for you to call him out to feel bad about asking to shoot you?

    Lettuce look and what you did around the time when you shot tea:
    " ... "
    You didn't have a single post in the 3 hours leading up to your shot trying to convince people of your opinion.
    Someone who did not have a read on you asked if it is fine to shoot you.

    Which is reasonable on all metrics.
    You have only very few posts in the game.
    You shot someone that is not on the shotlist going around (those lists are made so wolves don't get to randomly shoot villagers all day).
    You did not post at all in the time leading up to your shot, which makes your action seem suspect and opportunistic.

    And then this is your response 5 minutes after shooting:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Lambdadelta (#26039)
    Is Tea confirmed town or something? If not, then I don't really care.
    Which reads like ..
    A. you are somewhat disconnected from the game and in a different world you just shot a greencheck but didn't check in with the thread before shooting them.
    B. you are so sure on your own read that you do not care about anyone elses opinion.

    Maybe I read the context here wrong since I only read your iso and not the whole thread at the time, but I do not think that this is in any world behavior that "benefits the town in the long run".

    And that is in essence a bad play, BUT it doesn't make you a bad player.

    Trying to gloat about it in the way you did in your very first post there .. kind of does.
    You are generalizing about something and even quoting the matter when one of the people might have read you the wrong way, but clearly did the right thing and you still want them to feel bad about it.

    Your play was bad on a mechanical level, because unless you hit AND your target flips scum you are likely to face the backlash and give scum every excuse to shoot a town.

    Mikey did everything right just there.
    One could argue that Fable had to decide between your shot being an opportune scumshot or a mechanically bad townshot and made the right decision.
    He should maybe write the full sentence and not be a lazy bum about it.

    Of course the Fable argument here is fake, but you would not know the difference just by reading the ingame context.


    I hope the other post does the work that this one would have not. :X

    On a more important note:
    Eat your vegetables, kids!

  9. Bookmark ISO #35409
    Thread Analyst Multiverse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    If you know where nowhere is, look right into it. You'll spot me there.
    Posts
    507
    Community
    Town of Salem
    AKA
    Multi
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    Gg
    Sorry frog for shooting you

  10. Bookmark ISO #35410
    Bleh I should probably comment on some of this stuff I guess.

    So on the reads stuff NGL I find it kinda silly. I may have been wrong on Tea (and I explained why I was being lazy yes) but I did have correct reads on some important reads on the end like ladd and lime but do you see me telling anyone they should be feeling deep shame for not following me on that? No if anything I blamed myself for not being able to convince people on my reads cuz having correct reads doesn't matter if you can't actually convince the rest of the village. That's the responsibility of a villager and I couldn't get anyone to listen to me so even though I figured them out it's still my fault it didn't result in them actually getting lynched/shot. And if I'm posting 170 times that day and couldn't do it you coming in having only like 7 posts in a day trying to blast tea and leaving and then trying to shame people into not sheeping you on that postgame is quite frankly ridiculous and I think unreasonable because it's a team game and you cant expect people to just sheep your reads if you don't spend time talking with people and discussing them.

    On your other point. It's a 144 player mash and things are especially chaotic during ITAs and if someone comes in trying to blast someone that hasn't been discussed before and then someone then is trying to blast them when I know they shouldn't be blasted all I'm thinking is "I don't want that shot on them to happen and I don't want more shots at that person they shot at" and my response to mikey covered both. Could I have worded it better? Absolutely but I wasn't thinking at the time because mashes go so fast sometimes you just say things without thinking. It wasn't at all meant as a personal attack it was meant to discourage shots on both you and tea and in that sense it worked for better or for worse and I apologize if you took it as a personal attack. And it wasn't even meant to call you bad player it was suppose to mean "no they're just taking bad shots" but I left out words cuz mash and you're just trying to get things out as quickly as possible so I get it's vague and could be taken a bunch of different ways. Again could have worded it much better I'm sorry it wasn't it's just something I have to be mindful of in the future and it certainly wasn't my intention to personally attack anyone.

  11. Bookmark ISO #35411
    JAMES MCCLOWN Frog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    22,288
    Community
    murdermystery@gmail
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiverse (#35409)
    Gg
    Sorry frog for shooting you
    Don't sweat it bud, it's a big part of the game

  12. Bookmark ISO #35412
    Soul Reader Alice Liddell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    NC, USA
    Posts
    2,241
    Community
    N/A
    AKA
    Alice
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea (#35406)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alice Liddell (#35384)

    I'm still baffled why people who I respect as strong players like Ara and Fable were against Tea dying as their ISO was just choke-full of IIoA rather than actual content.
    The following is the last read you gave on me

    Quote Originally Posted by Alice Liddell (#27762)
    Tea's posts have been getting better so I don't really want her ITA'd by now.
    and no it's not a glowing review or anything, but I do feel annoyed that you're milking your initial read on me so much that you're still baffled other players could like my posts
    I meant in D2 and D3. Your posts D4 improved a lot and had more analysis than bare IIoA, which is why I changed my read on you.

  13. Bookmark ISO #35413
    Soul Reader Tea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,098
    Timezone
    UTC±00:00
    Community
    Bay12
    Gender
    I say milking bc you've spent more words ranting in dvc/postgame/mafia university about how wolfy I was and how everyone shoudlve seen it like you did for two days and that I got carried by effective powerwolves, than you spent pushing me in the actual game

    Of course it was correct to scumread me but I really dislike your apparent attitude about it.

  14. Bookmark ISO #35414
    Soul Reader Tea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,098
    Timezone
    UTC±00:00
    Community
    Bay12
    Gender
    Like, probably half the game had some hipster read that they could come in and name and shame other town players for being wrong on. The only thing that makes you special is that you felt the need to actually do that.

  15. Bookmark ISO #35415
    Prison Mike Empoof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    19,212
    Community
    MiniMafia // Smogon
    Gender
    I knew the wolf team after the reveal

    smh townies

  16. Bookmark ISO #35416
    Soul Reader vanity.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,325
    Community
    Mafia.gg/DailyMafia
    AKA
    vanitydot
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Empoof (#35415)
    I knew the wolf team after the reveal

    smh townies

  17. Bookmark ISO #35417
    Soul Reader baudib1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    2,618
    Community
    FlopTurnRiver
    Gender
    Tea was so good this game she was probably one of the most useful villagers in thread, as a wolf.

  18. Bookmark ISO #35418
    JAMES MCCLOWN Frog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    22,288
    Community
    murdermystery@gmail
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by baudib1 (#35417)
    Tea was so good this game she was probably one of the most useful villagers in thread, as a wolf.
    Yea Tea was rallying in the vein of Ara

  19. Bookmark ISO #35419
    GOAT Tier Jaleb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    15,912
    Timezone
    UTC-06:00
    Community
    EpicMafia/DailyMafia
    AKA
    Onuzq
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Empoof (#35415)
    I knew the wolf team after the reveal

    smh townies
    I was in omg mode when so many people I didn't expect to be mafia were just mafia.

  20. Bookmark ISO #35420
    GOAT Tier LordQuas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    10,603
    Timezone
    UTC-08:00
    Gender
    people are still on about this? C'mon guys if any town has the right to be salty this game it's me, anni is a $#@!fest lol

  21. Bookmark ISO #35421
    GOAT Tier LordQuas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    10,603
    Timezone
    UTC-08:00
    Gender
    let's all just be happy that we all came together and blasted tf outta that wolf seth

  22. Bookmark ISO #35422
    Soul Reader baudib1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    2,618
    Community
    FlopTurnRiver
    Gender
    LMAO you guys killed SpankGansta. She was sooooo pure.

  23. Bookmark ISO #35423
    Game was rigged get over it

  24. Bookmark ISO #35424
    GOAT Tier LordQuas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    10,603
    Timezone
    UTC-08:00
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by no u (#35423)
    Game was rigged get over it
    no u

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Keyboard Shortcuts

about us
Mafia Universe is a community hub for people who enjoy playing the forum variant of Mafia (also known as Werewolf). We offer fully automated Mafia games and a wide variety of customized features crafted to optimize your game experience. We also proudly host the Internet's only database of Mafia/Werewolf communities.

We hope you stick around!
Role of the Day
Forger

The Forger may target a player every night and rewrite their last will. If the targeted player dies that night, their altered last will is published. The Forger may rewrite 3 last wills at maximum.