Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 70

Thread: Andrew Greve's "Ask Me Anything"

  1. ISO #1
    Soul Reader AndrewGreve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    USA -West coast
    Posts
    3,978
    Timezone
    UTC-08:00
    Community
    2+2
    AKA
    AG
    Gender

    Andrew Greve's "Ask Me Anything"

    Hey everyone. Ask away.

  2. ISO #2
    Soul Reader Alice Liddell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    NC, USA
    Posts
    2,241
    Community
    N/A
    AKA
    Alice
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    WW origin story?

  3. ISO #3
    Soul Reader AndrewGreve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    USA -West coast
    Posts
    3,978
    Timezone
    UTC-08:00
    Community
    2+2
    AKA
    AG
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Alice Liddell (#2)
    WW origin story?
    It is a bit of a random story, I heard about the ultimate bet super user scandal and googled it and one of the top hits was a super user themed WW game on 2+2. I had never heard of anything mafia or WW related before and read the entire game. I thought it was an amazing premise for a game and found a sign up thread and asked to play. They told me as long as I wasn't a scott howard alt I could play, lol.

    I played for a bit there and then work/life/tragic F3's sort of killed my drive to play. 8 or 9 years later I thought, hey what about WW, and found MU.

  4. ISO #4
    Straight White Male wiggles1993's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    29,059
    Timezone
    UTC±00:00
    Community
    DailyMafia
    AKA
    The Potato King
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    If you had to have your nipples somewhere else on your body, where would you put them?
    つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

  5. ISO #5
    Wants It More El-ahrairah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    In Your Pocket
    Posts
    5,833
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewGreve (#1)
    Hey everyone. Ask away.
    If you weren't a human being, what kind of animal would you want to be and why?

    What are your top 3 favourite songs of all time?

    Do you play any musical instruments, and if not, is there anything you wish you could play?

    Who is your favoute MU moderator or admin and why?
    "All the world will be your enemy, Prince With A Thousand Enemies"

    Jackofhearts2005: El analyses every single Achro post and gives the whole thing a massive scumread. Achro replies with one sentence and a frowny face. This game is over.

  6. ISO #6
    Loansharking blot test Newcomb's Avatar Head Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    3,562
    Community
    DLP
    Gender
    Do you find yourself wanting to rand one alignment over another?

    What's your favorite PR to rand?

  7. ISO #7
    Wants It More Zork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    LGBT--Attorney, Cop, Loving Dad to 3 dogs and a cat
    Posts
    7,882
    Timezone
    UTC-06:00
    Gender
    What approach do you take to a game as town? As mafia?

    Any particular setups you prefer?

  8. ISO #8
    Soul Reader AndrewGreve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    USA -West coast
    Posts
    3,978
    Timezone
    UTC-08:00
    Community
    2+2
    AKA
    AG
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by wiggles1993 (#4)
    If you had to have your nipples somewhere else on your body, where would you put them?
    I thought about this question way to long, and it was difficult to answer because I dont think I actually care. I guess my back somewhere.

  9. ISO #9
    Soul Reader AndrewGreve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    USA -West coast
    Posts
    3,978
    Timezone
    UTC-08:00
    Community
    2+2
    AKA
    AG
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by El-ahrairah (#5)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewGreve (#1)
    Hey everyone. Ask away.
    If you weren't a human being, what kind of animal would you want to be and why?

    What are your top 3 favourite songs of all time?

    Do you play any musical instruments, and if not, is there anything you wish you could play?

    Who is your favoute MU moderator or admin and why?
    If I wasnt a human I would prob want to be something with a few days life span, because it would suck to not be human.

    Google told me I would want to be a mayfly

    Pinball wizard
    bohemian rhapsody
    you never even called me by my name
    but music is pretty low on my priority list. I turn music off in every game I play and never bought an album of any kind or asked for one as a gift. I think if music was deleted from the world I would only care about the effect to movies.

    I dont think I know the moderator team well enough to have a favorite.

  10. ISO #10
    Soul Reader AndrewGreve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    USA -West coast
    Posts
    3,978
    Timezone
    UTC-08:00
    Community
    2+2
    AKA
    AG
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Newcomb (#6)
    Do you find yourself wanting to rand one alignment over another?

    What's your favorite PR to rand?
    I prefer VT over everything

    I have only been a PR a handful of times. If I had to pick it would be seer but that is only because I have been it more than once.

  11. ISO #11
    Soul Reader AndrewGreve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    USA -West coast
    Posts
    3,978
    Timezone
    UTC-08:00
    Community
    2+2
    AKA
    AG
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Zork (#7)
    What approach do you take to a game as town? As mafia?

    Any particular setups you prefer?
    As town my number one priority is I just don't filter my thoughts. At least as much as I can without embarrassing/banning myself. It generally gets me mega town read but I also tend to get heated in the thread.
    As far as hunting I try to find lines of thoughts that dont seem linear to me. Wolves do a lot of mental gymnastics trying to pretend to have suspicions and often skip to conclusions or end up in a non natural conclusion. For finding villagers I look for people that mirror my thoughts or have consistent progression on their own thoughts. I really struggle with players that try to be sneaky as village because of this, and struggle to find a balance with those types of players.

    As a wolf I just try to secure village deaths. I ignore spew, or busing, or self preservation. Mis-lynches are the currency of the game and killing villagers wins. I do my best to get village read for killing villagers.

  12. ISO #12
    Bandwagoner tmofer.mashiro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    On Top of A Mountain
    Posts
    102
    Community
    KASKUS
    Gender
    What other forum board games do you usually play when you are not playing Mafia?

  13. ISO #13
    Soul Reader Percy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,208
    Timezone
    UTC-10:00
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    Gender
    How did you get to be so good at Mafia games?
    I just wanted to take one final opportunity to remind people why that higher standard exists. I know it can be difficult to live up to, especially in the heat of the moment... I know it is difficult and we're all only human. But the reward is a better site, a better community, and games where you actually want to sign up to the next one when the current game is done. People you actually look forward to playing with. Maybe even making friends.
    - Askthepizzaguy

  14. ISO #14
    Furry Collective Restful Inquisitor insomnia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    4,287
    Community
    MafiaScum
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    Who’s your idol / who have you learnt the most from in terms of how to play mafia?

  15. ISO #15
    Furry Collective Keeper of the Swans Michelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    3,648
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    AnimeBase
    Gender
    How and how much it helps in real life the playing mafia experience?
    Quote Originally Posted by Phighter (#3563)
    MU is not a betting game, it's a lie detection and lying game.
    Quote Originally Posted by El-ahrairah (#4792)
    But, soft! What light through yonder window breaks? It is the sun, and Michelle is the east.

    Quote Originally Posted by ladd (#933)
    jaleb probably willaging too

    Quote Originally Posted by Monstrman (#13168)
    Wolves never w peek someone


  16. ISO #16
    GOAT Tier Champ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    23,057
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    AKA
    scrambledwowee
    Gender
    hi

  17. ISO #17
    Soul Reader AndrewGreve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    USA -West coast
    Posts
    3,978
    Timezone
    UTC-08:00
    Community
    2+2
    AKA
    AG
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by tmofer.mashiro (#12)
    What other forum board games do you usually play when you are not playing Mafia?
    I have never played any other forum game.

    My favorite "board game" is catch phrase. We play it religiously in my family at all our holidays and family parties. I also really like axis & Allies(I prefer the 50th anni version)

    as far as games I play when I am not playing WW, It is a lot of hide and go seek or the monster game.

    When I am not playing games with my kids, I play a lot of video games. I prob have close to 15 years of dota exp. I played a lot of SC:BW and SC2 and was master rank in beta of SC2 and diamond after release(didnt play past WOL).I am a N64 smash bros god but otherwise suck at console games.(super nintendo is best console of all time)

    Currently playing a bunch of dota underlords at like big boss 3 to big boss 4 rank.

  18. ISO #18
    Soul Reader AndrewGreve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    USA -West coast
    Posts
    3,978
    Timezone
    UTC-08:00
    Community
    2+2
    AKA
    AG
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Percy (#13)
    How did you get to be so good at Mafia games?
    Percy always manages to be SO nice that he puts me in a no win position. It really is a special talent. Do I implicitly agree with your premise by answering the question(and in the process look like a over confident jerk?) or do I try to look modest and say I am not very good(and basically not answer the question).

    Sneaky sly Percy, slaying fools with kindness since the 90's. It is an art and you are a master.

    Well, in actual answer to your question, I don't think I am particularly skilled at WW. Every game there is something disappointing or embarrassing I did.

    The way I got the skills I have are two fold:

    1) I can fake it till I make it.

    This is one thing I consider myself to be very good at and not just in WW context. As it turns out a lot of WW is faking confidence until you find it. I have no qualms taking a passing hint of a thought of someones alignment and running with it as a super confident read. The hard part is not getting stuck on that read and forgetting it wasn't as solid as I presented it to be. So I am always working on the balance of changing a read when I am wrong and sticking to my guns when I am right, that really is my biggest struggle right now. Most of the top players seem to be wrong or right as often as most players with their initial reads. The true experts have an uncanny knack for keeping correct reads and adjusting the bad ones to where their d3/d4 reads just crush. Apoc, newcomb, ladd, soah, and zack are players I have read(more than played with) that I wish I could emulate that skill.

    2) I like to study. I like to learn.

    I have read maybe 3-4 times more games than I have played in. I have read nearly every wolf chat that has been released(from games I played) from start to finish.


    As far as things I most like to improve in my game play.

    1) I get heated/emotional in games. It is part of being a hyper competitive person. I will never remove it completely and honestly my best reads come from snapping back to reality after getting into a heated discussion with someone. So I don't think I want it gone. I want to learn how to harness the genuine and exposed nature of my play when I get passionate in a game without being rude, abrasive, or insulting. Basically I want players to be able to enjoy playing with me AND still get the benefits that raw unfettered passion give me in a game.

    2) Closing the leak in my game of holding on to wolf reads when they are wrong and letting wolf reads go when they are correct. It is prob the hardest thing to get good at in WW. When I reread games I played in, I have an atrociously bad accuracy rate of backing off wolf reads when they are correct, and pushing villagers to death when incorrect. I do seem to have gotten better with my village reads getting progressively more accurate as the game progresses, but damn are wolf reads tough.

  19. ISO #19
    Soul Reader AndrewGreve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    USA -West coast
    Posts
    3,978
    Timezone
    UTC-08:00
    Community
    2+2
    AKA
    AG
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by insomnia (#14)
    Who’s your idol / who have you learnt the most from in terms of how to play mafia?
    That is tough. I have read a bunch of soah/newcomb articles/advice/games. I read a bunch of herbieGRD and hitch games on 2+2 when I first started in 2008.

    Amrock and T om basically taught me to wolf in x-com game.

    I probably learned the most, in the shortest amount of time, during x-com wolf chat from amrock and t om. We posted more in wolfchat than the entire game thread had posts.

  20. ISO #20
    Soul Reader AndrewGreve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    USA -West coast
    Posts
    3,978
    Timezone
    UTC-08:00
    Community
    2+2
    AKA
    AG
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle (#15)
    How and how much it helps in real life the playing mafia experience?
    I am not naturally into office politics, manipulation, or things of that nature. I am very direct and upfront in nearly all things. WW made me much better at identifying when other people are not being upfront and instead trying to manipulate a social situation or just have ulterior motives in general.

  21. ISO #21
    Soul Reader AndrewGreve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    USA -West coast
    Posts
    3,978
    Timezone
    UTC-08:00
    Community
    2+2
    AKA
    AG
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Champ (#16)
    hi
    Hey buddy

  22. ISO #22
    What are some of your favorite games that you've read but didn't play in?

  23. ISO #23
    Soul Reader AndrewGreve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    USA -West coast
    Posts
    3,978
    Timezone
    UTC-08:00
    Community
    2+2
    AKA
    AG
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan (#22)
    What are some of your favorite games that you've read but didn't play in?
    I thought the mistborn game of yours was a cool game. I made me value strong D1/D2 village reads over pushing specific lynches. It is pretty cool when multiple villagers start working together and wolves can get in to disrupt them.

    I don't know if I have a favorite really. I tried to come up with an analogy and the best I got is that reading games you are not in, especially after they are already over is kinda like listening to other people tell you about their DnD campaign. All the "epic" or "cool" moments don't really translate, but you can still learn to play or host dnd better by listening.

    I skimmed like 5000 posts in the sports mash because people bring it up a lot and don't remember a single thing that was exciting.

    I tend to read smaller(sub 5000 posts) games of people I want to read better during actual games I am in, and sometimes in between games I'll skim a game.

  24. ISO #24
    GOAT Tier LordQuas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    10,603
    Timezone
    UTC-08:00
    Gender
    omg sorry for hijacking thread but I can't believe I missed @BATMAN 's AMA I'm crushed, June birthdays unite!

    I'll be back with questions for you Andrew my break is just ending soon
    :wiwe

  25. ISO #25
    GOAT Tier LordQuas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    10,603
    Timezone
    UTC-08:00
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Alice Liddell (#2)
    WW origin story?
    you stole my question :O
    :wiwe

  26. ISO #26
    GOAT Tier BATMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    20,251
    Community
    PTP(RIP), 2+2
    AKA
    BATM!
    Gender
    How does one best read BATMAN? Are you proud of the impossible achievement?
    Have you already added I can read Batman to your resume or you are not looking for jobs yet?

  27. ISO #27
    GOAT Tier BATMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    20,251
    Community
    PTP(RIP), 2+2
    AKA
    BATM!
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by LordQuas (#24)
    omg sorry for hijacking thread but I can't believe I missed @BATMAN 's AMA I'm crushed, June birthdays unite!

    I'll be back with questions for you Andrew my break is just ending soon
    Well thanks cuz I’m the one who nominated him and your ping brought me here.
    You can read my ama and if I missed anything just pm and ask. I’ll give you a one time rain check lol.
    Also stop calling me a wolf cuz I kill u

  28. ISO #28
    GOAT Tier BATMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    20,251
    Community
    PTP(RIP), 2+2
    AKA
    BATM!
    Gender

  29. ISO #29
    GOAT Tier BATMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    20,251
    Community
    PTP(RIP), 2+2
    AKA
    BATM!
    Gender
    Where in the west coast are you from?
    Have you heard of outback? The restaurant. I love it there and might be going in a few minutes.

  30. ISO #30
    GOAT Tier BATMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    20,251
    Community
    PTP(RIP), 2+2
    AKA
    BATM!
    Gender
    @AndrewGreve is that you and your Gf or wife? What’s the deal with that pic?

  31. ISO #31
    favourite sport to watch? to play?

    favourite musician?

    what movie would you recommend me if i wanted to spend a couple of hours just enjoying soemthing and letting the time fly by?

    do you think you are a better villager or wolf?

  32. ISO #32
    WIFOM Guy Logic's Avatar Game Manager
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    WA, USA
    Posts
    3,208
    Timezone
    UTC-08:00
    Community
    Giant in the Playground
    AKA
    Yakostovian, Planet-Man
    Gender
    Marvel or DC and why?
    Star Trek or Star Wars, and why?

    (The real hard hitting questions here, folks)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercedes (#2248)
    Man, Logic is hitting hard left and wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Logic
    Need a sub? PM me.

  33. ISO #33
    GOAT Tier Shad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    15,554
    Community
    Dragonmount
    Gender
    We should recommence our philosophical exposition but I think I left the channel and forgot what it was about.

    Do you like to debate trivial minutia as much as I do
    Quote Originally Posted by Panther
    I thought you were a nerd last week but then I saw you say you play golf and remember you said you chewed so you're some kind of unicorn or something

  34. ISO #34
    Soul Reader AndrewGreve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    USA -West coast
    Posts
    3,978
    Timezone
    UTC-08:00
    Community
    2+2
    AKA
    AG
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by BATMAN (#26)
    How does one best read BATMAN? Are you proud of the impossible achievement?
    Have you already added I can read Batman to your resume or you are not looking for jobs yet?
    To read BATMAN you must BECOME THE BATMAN.

    basically you think to yourself "Which alignment makes BATMAN'S actions the MOST convoluted and complicated?"

    BATMAN always looks for ways to complicate the thread. Either from boredom or to create chaos. Follow the FPS to the truth.

    I am a stay at home dad now but I brag to my kids about it all the time.

    Edit:
    I wanted to add that Village!BATMAN is someone I would want to go have drinks with.
    Last edited by AndrewGreve; July 16th, 2019 at 12:19 AM.

  35. ISO #35
    Soul Reader AndrewGreve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    USA -West coast
    Posts
    3,978
    Timezone
    UTC-08:00
    Community
    2+2
    AKA
    AG
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by BATMAN (#29)
    Where in the west coast are you from?
    Have you heard of outback? The restaurant. I love it there and might be going in a few minutes.
    I live in southern California.

    I like outback steak house. I like all steak houses.

  36. ISO #36
    Soul Reader AndrewGreve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    USA -West coast
    Posts
    3,978
    Timezone
    UTC-08:00
    Community
    2+2
    AKA
    AG
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by BATMAN (#30)
    @AndrewGreve is that you and your Gf or wife? What’s the deal with that pic?
    That is my wife and I on our honeymoon. It is about 4 years old. She looks the same, but I put on 30 lbs from the 3 pregnancies.

  37. ISO #37
    Soul Reader AndrewGreve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    USA -West coast
    Posts
    3,978
    Timezone
    UTC-08:00
    Community
    2+2
    AKA
    AG
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Shad (#33)
    We should recommence our philosophical exposition but I think I left the channel and forgot what it was about.

    Do you like to debate trivial minutia as much as I do
    Your question itself presents a bit of an oxymoron. I would say I like debating trivial minutia as much as you do, but assuming you like it a lot, it kinda implies the minutia is not trivial. So I would say I enjoy debating minutia at least as much as you do.

  38. ISO #38
    Soul Reader AndrewGreve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    USA -West coast
    Posts
    3,978
    Timezone
    UTC-08:00
    Community
    2+2
    AKA
    AG
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by ladd (#31)
    favourite sport to watch? to play?

    favourite musician?

    what movie would you recommend me if i wanted to spend a couple of hours just enjoying soemthing and letting the time fly by?

    do you think you are a better villager or wolf?
    Watch: basketball
    Play: football

    Musician: The who

    Great movie for zoning out:

    I had a hard time choosing. In my current mood I landed on Braveheart.

    Tombstone
    Forest Gump
    Ggladiator
    Shawshank Redemption

    were all in the running.

    I am a better villager I think. Although I am undefeated as a wolf on MU(4-0), I think that is more likely my team's fault than mine.

  39. ISO #39
    Soul Reader AndrewGreve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    USA -West coast
    Posts
    3,978
    Timezone
    UTC-08:00
    Community
    2+2
    AKA
    AG
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Logic (#32)
    Marvel or DC and why?
    Star Trek or Star Wars, and why?

    (The real hard hitting questions here, folks)
    Marvel vs DC:

    I am not a comic book guy, but I do have friends that are passionate on the subject.

    My opinion:
    Superman sucks. Everything in the DC universe is only a problem if you ignore superman or he is busy. The best DC stories make superman busy then the get into building tension. The fact that superman exists means A LOT of the villains and bad stuff other heroes deal with simply wouldn't exist even if superman was busy because the risk/reward of maybe having superman involved would discourage all of it. Superman is a dumb super hero with no flaws and makes the universe itself boring and lacking in suspense/concern for anything.

    It really is a shame because DC villains are so much better than marvel villains(maybe because they need to be cool to compare to superman? could be a catch 22)

    If we are talking about the cinematic universes then it is marvel because the DC movies suck. Although I am pretty much indifferent to all comic book movies and the best ones get like 7/10 from me.(Guardians of the Galaxy prob gets an 8)

    Edit: If we are talking about after school cartoons it becomes a true debate. Marvel has X-men and DC has like 5 or 6 great shows including the original batman series where the introduced harley quinn. DC win the cartoon category but X-men gets special mention.


    Star Trek vs Star Wars:

    Star Wars is better because the original trilogy is better than anything Trek has made ever. Star Wars books are good too.

    Unfortunately Star Wars gets worse and worse the newer the content being made.

    Star Trek has remained fairly consistently good in all of its iterations.
    Last edited by AndrewGreve; July 16th, 2019 at 12:22 AM.

  40. ISO #40
    GOAT Tier Jaleb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    15,912
    Timezone
    UTC-06:00
    Community
    EpicMafia/DailyMafia
    AKA
    Onuzq
    Gender
    Do you play any kind of board/card games? If so, which?
    Quote Originally Posted by Empoof (#4961)
    it was jaleb

    @Jaleb is a god
    ⚡🍺Frog 🍺⚡Last Thursday at 8:11 AM
    ok dudes
    you can discuss the event here if you want

    Jaleb (RB/1% ITA)Last Thursday at 8:05 AM
    Done, will take my prize now
    I do have a 1900 rating in solving tactics :smiley:

    AndrewGreve(night vig/39%ITA)Last Thursday at 8:10 AM
    hey
    i dont know chess tactics
    should I try?

    Jaleb (RB/1% ITA)Last Thursday at 8:10 AM
    1. Bf6 2. Qh7 3. Rf7 4. Nh6 5. Re5 6. ... Qh3 7. Qd8 8. h7 9. ... Ne5+; fxe5 h5 10. ... Bg1; Kg3 Qf2; Kh3 Qh2 i you want the answer, not that it matters
    if*

    ⚡🍺Frog 🍺⚡Last Thursday at 8:11 AM
    Jaleb, you're lowkey Magnus

  41. ISO #41
    GOAT Tier Shad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    15,554
    Community
    Dragonmount
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewGreve (#37)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shad (#33)
    We should recommence our philosophical exposition but I think I left the channel and forgot what it was about.

    Do you like to debate trivial minutia as much as I do
    Your question itself presents a bit of an oxymoron. I would say I like debating trivial minutia as much as you do, but assuming you like it a lot, it kinda implies the minutia is not trivial. So I would say I enjoy debating minutia at least as much as you do.
    Well played.
    Quote Originally Posted by Panther
    I thought you were a nerd last week but then I saw you say you play golf and remember you said you chewed so you're some kind of unicorn or something

  42. ISO #42
    Soul Reader AndrewGreve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    USA -West coast
    Posts
    3,978
    Timezone
    UTC-08:00
    Community
    2+2
    AKA
    AG
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaleb (#40)
    Do you play any kind of board/card games? If so, which?
    I do.

    I play most board games.

    I really like catch phrase which isn't a board game in that it has no board, but I include it in the category.

    I like axis and allies, and risk type games.

    I enjoy settlers and the new wave of board games from the past 5-10 years, but I am not as crazy about them as other people are.

    There is a card/board game called "Pit" that is also very good.

    I played quite a bit of poker back in the day. I never got really good at it, but I was good enough to make 1 to 1.5 BB an hour in 8-16 texas limit games before 8-16+ dried up in cali and you had to play no limit or 4-8 games. I was kinda a limit specialist because I love going all in too much to be good at no limit, and in limit decisions are directed by math and pot size way more often than no limit.

  43. ISO #43
    GOAT Tier BATMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    20,251
    Community
    PTP(RIP), 2+2
    AKA
    BATM!
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewGreve (#34)
    Quote Originally Posted by BATMAN (#26)
    How does one best read BATMAN? Are you proud of the impossible achievement?
    Have you already added I can read Batman to your resume or you are not looking for jobs yet?
    To read BATMAN you must BECOME THE BATMAN.

    basically you think to yourself "Which alignment makes BATMAN'S actions the MOST convoluted and complicated?"

    BATMAN always looks for ways to complicate the thread. Either from boredom or to create chaos. Follow the FPS to the truth.

    I am a stay at home dad now but I brag to my kids about it all the time.

    Edit:
    I wanted to add that Village!BATMAN is someone I would want to go have drinks with.
    Ahhh I see. Sick brag though, I’m sure your kids are proud.
    I talk to my daughter from time to time about WW and show her some games..
    Good reads and post. You can be town.

  44. ISO #44
    GOAT Tier BATMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    20,251
    Community
    PTP(RIP), 2+2
    AKA
    BATM!
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewGreve (#35)
    Quote Originally Posted by BATMAN (#29)
    Where in the west coast are you from?
    Have you heard of outback? The restaurant. I love it there and might be going in a few minutes.
    I live in southern California.

    I like outback steak house. I like all steak houses.

    Funny enough I love outback. But my fav thing in the menu is the Alice spring chicken. Is the bomb, try it next time.
    Ended up taking my girl there yesterday she loves it too

  45. ISO #45
    GOAT Tier BATMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    20,251
    Community
    PTP(RIP), 2+2
    AKA
    BATM!
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewGreve (#36)
    Quote Originally Posted by BATMAN (#30)
    @AndrewGreve is that you and your Gf or wife? What’s the deal with that pic?
    That is my wife and I on our honeymoon. It is about 4 years old. She looks the same, but I put on 30 lbs from the 3 pregnancies.

    Haha 😂 perfect. Looking good both of you.
    I hope you lose the baby weight soon. Lol

  46. ISO #46
    GOAT Tier BATMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    20,251
    Community
    PTP(RIP), 2+2
    AKA
    BATM!
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewGreve (#38)
    Quote Originally Posted by ladd (#31)
    favourite sport to watch? to play?

    favourite musician?

    what movie would you recommend me if i wanted to spend a couple of hours just enjoying soemthing and letting the time fly by?

    do you think you are a better villager or wolf?
    Watch: basketball
    Play: football

    Musician: The who

    Great movie for zoning out:

    I had a happy rd time choosing. In my current mood I landed on Braveheart.

    Tombstone
    Forest Gump
    Ggladiator
    Shawshank Redemption

    were all in the running.

    I am a better villager I think. Although I am undefeated as a wolf on MU(4-0), I think that is more likely my team's fault than mine.
    We wolved once correct? I mean in the same team?
    What are your kids age and gender

  47. ISO #47
    Soul Reader AndrewGreve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    USA -West coast
    Posts
    3,978
    Timezone
    UTC-08:00
    Community
    2+2
    AKA
    AG
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by BATMAN (#46)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewGreve (#38)
    Quote Originally Posted by ladd (#31)
    favourite sport to watch? to play?

    favourite musician?

    what movie would you recommend me if i wanted to spend a couple of hours just enjoying soemthing and letting the time fly by?

    do you think you are a better villager or wolf?
    Watch: basketball
    Play: football

    Musician: The who

    Great movie for zoning out:

    I had a happy rd time choosing. In my current mood I landed on Braveheart.

    Tombstone
    Forest Gump
    Ggladiator
    Shawshank Redemption

    were all in the running.

    I am a better villager I think. Although I am undefeated as a wolf on MU(4-0), I think that is more likely my team's fault than mine.
    We wolved once correct? I mean in the same team?
    What are your kids age and gender
    I think just in the recent anni game.

    I have a 4 year old(boy), a 2.5 year old(girl), and an 11 month old(girl).

  48. ISO #48
    WIFOM Guy Logic's Avatar Game Manager
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    WA, USA
    Posts
    3,208
    Timezone
    UTC-08:00
    Community
    Giant in the Playground
    AKA
    Yakostovian, Planet-Man
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewGreve (#39)
    Quote Originally Posted by Logic (#32)
    Marvel or DC and why?
    Star Trek or Star Wars, and why?

    (The real hard hitting questions here, folks)
    Marvel vs DC:

    I am not a comic book guy, but I do have friends that are passionate on the subject.

    My opinion:
    Superman sucks. Everything in the DC universe is only a problem if you ignore superman or he is busy. The best DC stories make superman busy then the get into building tension. The fact that superman exists means A LOT of the villains and bad stuff other heroes deal with simply wouldn't exist even if superman was busy because the risk/reward of maybe having superman involved would discourage all of it. Superman is a dumb super hero with no flaws and makes the universe itself boring and lacking in suspense/concern for anything.

    It really is a shame because DC villains are so much better than marvel villains(maybe because they need to be cool to compare to superman? could be a catch 22)

    If we are talking about the cinematic universes then it is marvel because the DC movies suck. Although I am pretty much indifferent to all comic book movies and the best ones get like 7/10 from me.(Guardians of the Galaxy prob gets an 8)

    Edit: If we are talking about after school cartoons it becomes a true debate. Marvel has X-men and DC has like 5 or 6 great shows including the original batman series where the introduced harley quinn. DC win the cartoon category but X-men gets special mention.


    Star Trek vs Star Wars:

    Star Wars is better because the original trilogy is better than anything Trek has made ever. Star Wars books are good too.

    Unfortunately Star Wars gets worse and worse the newer the content being made.

    Star Trek has remained fairly consistently good in all of its iterations.
    As a comic nerd, I understand your problem with Superman, but a good Superman story has nothing to do with his powers, its his ethos.

    I agree wholeheartedly with you regarding the cinematic universes of the two companies.

    I do not entirely agree with your assessment of Star Trek vs Star Wars, but I think you've got it mostly right in a broad strokes kind of way.

    Next up:
    Favorite D&D class and race? Edition of D&D? Your alignment, if you had to say?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercedes (#2248)
    Man, Logic is hitting hard left and wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Logic
    Need a sub? PM me.

  49. ISO #49
    Soul Reader AndrewGreve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    USA -West coast
    Posts
    3,978
    Timezone
    UTC-08:00
    Community
    2+2
    AKA
    AG
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Logic (#48)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewGreve (#39)
    Quote Originally Posted by Logic (#32)
    Marvel or DC and why?
    Star Trek or Star Wars, and why?

    (The real hard hitting questions here, folks)
    Marvel vs DC:

    I am not a comic book guy, but I do have friends that are passionate on the subject.

    My opinion:
    Superman sucks. Everything in the DC universe is only a problem if you ignore superman or he is busy. The best DC stories make superman busy then the get into building tension. The fact that superman exists means A LOT of the villains and bad stuff other heroes deal with simply wouldn't exist even if superman was busy because the risk/reward of maybe having superman involved would discourage all of it. Superman is a dumb super hero with no flaws and makes the universe itself boring and lacking in suspense/concern for anything.

    It really is a shame because DC villains are so much better than marvel villains(maybe because they need to be cool to compare to superman? could be a catch 22)

    If we are talking about the cinematic universes then it is marvel because the DC movies suck. Although I am pretty much indifferent to all comic book movies and the best ones get like 7/10 from me.(Guardians of the Galaxy prob gets an 8)

    Edit: If we are talking about after school cartoons it becomes a true debate. Marvel has X-men and DC has like 5 or 6 great shows including the original batman series where the introduced harley quinn. DC win the cartoon category but X-men gets special mention.


    Star Trek vs Star Wars:

    Star Wars is better because the original trilogy is better than anything Trek has made ever. Star Wars books are good too.

    Unfortunately Star Wars gets worse and worse the newer the content being made.

    Star Trek has remained fairly consistently good in all of its iterations.
    As a comic nerd, I understand your problem with Superman, but a good Superman story has nothing to do with his powers, its his ethos.

    I agree wholeheartedly with you regarding the cinematic universes of the two companies.

    I do not entirely agree with your assessment of Star Trek vs Star Wars, but I think you've got it mostly right in a broad strokes kind of way.

    Next up:
    Favorite D&D class and race? Edition of D&D? Your alignment, if you had to say?
    Just to be clear my issue is less about superman stories and more to do with all the other stories existing in a universe with superman

    edit: forgot to answer the next question

    edition 3.5 human monk or human crafting wizard. I have a hard time getting away from the free feat. I am quite fond of lawful neutral but I generally skew towards lawful neutral, lawful evil, or chaotic good. I find good characters super boring in general to play.

    I played a little of 4th or 5th edition and it really felt like playing a board game more than role playing.
    Last edited by AndrewGreve; July 16th, 2019 at 10:30 PM.

  50. ISO #50
    GOAT Tier Jaleb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    15,912
    Timezone
    UTC-06:00
    Community
    EpicMafia/DailyMafia
    AKA
    Onuzq
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewGreve (#42)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaleb (#40)
    Do you play any kind of board/card games? If so, which?
    I do.

    I play most board games.

    I really like catch phrase which isn't a board game in that it has no board, but I include it in the category.

    I like axis and allies, and risk type games.

    I enjoy settlers and the new wave of board games from the past 5-10 years, but I am not as crazy about them as other people are.

    There is a card/board game called "Pit" that is also very good.

    I played quite a bit of poker back in the day. I never got really good at it, but I was good enough to make 1 to 1.5 BB an hour in 8-16 texas limit games before 8-16+ dried up in cali and you had to play no limit or 4-8 games. I was kinda a limit specialist because I love going all in too much to be good at no limit, and in limit decisions are directed by math and pot size way more often than no limit.
    It all kitchen table or a game store?

    Ever tried tournaments in any of these games?
    Quote Originally Posted by Empoof (#4961)
    it was jaleb

    @Jaleb is a god
    ⚡🍺Frog 🍺⚡Last Thursday at 8:11 AM
    ok dudes
    you can discuss the event here if you want

    Jaleb (RB/1% ITA)Last Thursday at 8:05 AM
    Done, will take my prize now
    I do have a 1900 rating in solving tactics :smiley:

    AndrewGreve(night vig/39%ITA)Last Thursday at 8:10 AM
    hey
    i dont know chess tactics
    should I try?

    Jaleb (RB/1% ITA)Last Thursday at 8:10 AM
    1. Bf6 2. Qh7 3. Rf7 4. Nh6 5. Re5 6. ... Qh3 7. Qd8 8. h7 9. ... Ne5+; fxe5 h5 10. ... Bg1; Kg3 Qf2; Kh3 Qh2 i you want the answer, not that it matters
    if*

    ⚡🍺Frog 🍺⚡Last Thursday at 8:11 AM
    Jaleb, you're lowkey Magnus

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Keyboard Shortcuts

about us
Mafia Universe is a community hub for people who enjoy playing the forum variant of Mafia (also known as Werewolf). We offer fully automated Mafia games and a wide variety of customized features crafted to optimize your game experience. We also proudly host the Internet's only database of Mafia/Werewolf communities.

We hope you stick around!
Role of the Day
Forger

The Forger may target a player every night and rewrite their last will. If the targeted player dies that night, their altered last will is published. The Forger may rewrite 3 last wills at maximum.