Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1454626364
Results 3,151 to 3,190 of 3190

Thread: Impeaceful's Roleblocker 13er

1. Bookmark ISO #3151
    Timezone
    UTC-08:00
    AKA
    iaafr, fluffy rabbit
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboPuns (#3149)
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboPuns (#3001)
    Thank you all for having me here, I had fun even though it may not have been obvious! Haha. Please don't judge my play by this game, it was the worst possible case for me to contribute. I definitely learned a lot, your all's style here is way more different from what I'm used to than I think you can possibly realize. Which sucks in terms of me trying to solve but it definitely had the effect of opening my mind some.
    By the way this last paragraph from me was intentionally transparent and honest, wolf-minded and everything.

It was mind blowing to me how many acronyms are used here in regular every day chat. The ones I genuinely knew without asking or looking up were few and far between. Wifom, iso, ate, sod/eod obviously. But like, tmi, wim, iioa, cfd, as well as basic words like "level" -- (I still don't understand how to use this in a sentence) -- spew, pocket, and clear are not used in my 9 years of forum mafia experience. It really, truly was a painful slog to try to utilize my little time available to get caught up when everything from the way you communicate to the way you think was so different.

I know at one point someone made a comment like "I have a hard time believing turbo doesn't actually know what that means". And the thing was, I truly didn't know. I let that one go without pushing back because I didn't need more attention, but it was frustrating for sure.

I didn't enter the game with the plan to just whine about community clash but it very, very quickly became obvious to me that fully leaning into that was my highest percentage play.
    absolutely understandable. you seem like a fun player, hope you stick around and try more. if time constraints are an issue, light games with post restrictions might be good to look out for, but they fill fast

2. Bookmark ISO #3152
    Community
    FlopTurnRiver
    Level is a term that comes from poker, and because so many poker players play online werewolf and the poker site 2+2 was the biggest werewolf community in the world for a long time, many poker terms have bled into werewolf.

It can be used a couple of different ways but it basically refers to what level a player is thinking on.
    Loosely it can be described as:
    Level 1 - "I have two cards and I know what they are and how they match the board."
    Level 2 - "Hmm, my opponent also seems to have two cards."
    Level 3 - "Not only does my opponent have two cards, he has a range, and given how he's played, what does his range look like?"
    Level 4 - "Not only does my opponent have a range, I have a range, and an image. What does my range look like to him?"

It can also be used to describe this process: "I know that he knows this, so I'll do this. But what if he knows I know that he knows?"

eg: "I know he knows I won't call this big bet because my range looks weak. But why would he bet so much with a big hand if he knows I won't call? OK, I call. Ooops, he had a royal flush. I out-leveled myself."

3. Bookmark ISO #3153
    Community
    FlopTurnRiver

"I'm the real seer and my n0 was TurboBuns v."

Wolves: He's not the real seer he would never openly leave a peek like that.

But I actually am the real seer and I leveled the wolves into thinking I'm not.

4. Bookmark ISO #3154
    Timezone
    AKA
    iaafr, fluffy rabbit
    yeah leveling and wifoming are deeply tied together

leveling successfully is successfully getting your opponents to pick the wrong interpretation of a wifom

can apply to claims, night kills, metas, etc

5. Bookmark ISO #3155
    Community
    FlopTurnRiver
    I didn't know what EBWOP or IIOA was until this week.

6. Bookmark ISO #3156
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    GameFAQs
    Yeah, it didn't even occur to me the site had a wiki until someone called me scummy for not using it lol

And there's countless other little things I didn't mention. Like for the first couple game days when I saw "w/w" my brain was saying "werewolf" and it always left me slightly confused. I'm used to it literally always being referred to as town/mafia or town/scum. Village/wolf isn't a thing. Eventually after seeing "villa" enough and someone said "x, y, and z is v/v/v" it finally occurred to me.

7. Bookmark ISO #3157
    Community
    NAmafia (formerly NAdota)
    AKA
    fluffy rabbit
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboPuns (#3156)
    Yeah, it didn't even occur to me the site had a wiki until someone called me scummy for not using it lol

And there's countless other little things I didn't mention. Like for the first couple game days when I saw "w/w" my brain was saying "werewolf" and it always left me slightly confused. I'm used to it literally always being referred to as town/mafia or town/scum. Village/wolf isn't a thing. Eventually after seeing "villa" enough and someone said "x, y, and z is v/v/v" it finally occurred to me.
    i used to be a town/scum purist but this site slowly corrupted me

villager/wolf just feels more natural to me now

and v/v w/w somehow sounds better to me than t/t s/s t/s etc

(new concept main account here)

8. Bookmark ISO #3158
    Timezone
    Community
    GameFAQs
    Oh, yeah I get it. Didn't mean to sound like I was pushing back when I said village/wolf isn't a thing. Just meant it's not a thing where I'm used to playing.

9. Bookmark ISO #3159
    Community
    AKA
    fluffy rabbit
    i wasn't pushing back i was just adding my own experience

i vaguely remember what it was like to start becoming indoctrinated to MU lingo

but that was almost 3 years ago now

10. Bookmark ISO #3160
    Community
    FlopTurnRiver
    I used to be the opposite, mafia/town/scum hurt my eyes to say it (much like Montecore) but now I sorta use them interchangeably. But V/V or V/W or W/W feel way more natural, if someone said T/S I'd assume it was supposed to be transgender.

11. Bookmark ISO #3161
    Timezone
    Community
    GameFAQs
    Yeah I started using the lingo in game by the end because I just wanted to streamline communication and blend in.

Also iaafr I don't really think you have inflated self-importance D: it was just a scum line lol

12. Bookmark ISO #3162
    Community
    AKA
    fluffy rabbit
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboPuns (#3161)
    Also iaafr I don't really think you have inflated self-importance D: it was just a scum line lol
    no offense taken, and it's probably not totally wrong

13. Bookmark ISO #3163
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    Elements the Game
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Why is wim town AI? Why wouldn't a wolf tryhard?

14. Bookmark ISO #3164
    Community
    AKA
    fluffy rabbit
    Quote Originally Posted by kaempfer13 (#3163)
    it's meta dependent

wolf marl just doens't care quite as much, and it's the same with a lot of passionate town players

because for a lot of players it feels hard to replicate the natural drive towrads solving

and they don't take nearly as much joy in deceiving and it feels more like work, so they often don't spend as much time doing it as they would solving as a town player

but yeah it depends on the player, there's plenty of players who like both equally or actually enjoy scum more and seem to have higher wim as scum

15. Bookmark ISO #3165
    Community
    PTP(RIP), 2+2
    AKA
    BATM!
    Quote Originally Posted by baudib1 (#3146)
    The worst thing about MU is that there's not enough salt after village losses. The PGs on POG would have been 10 pages long by now with people threatening to policy shoot people the next game and asking for bans.
    That’s why 2p2 has the largest collection of better players of any mafia forum.
    We’re we rough? Hell yeah. Did you shame losers? Yep.
    Do we make people cry and quit
    The forum? Myself plenty.
    But the ones that stick around evolved and got better.
    Is not surprise 2p2 always does so well in champs and some of the FPS or plays, strays and wolfing is overmatch for everyone else.
    We had the AIDS way of life. Thanks BATM!

16. Bookmark ISO #3166
    Community
    PTP(RIP), 2+2
    AKA
    BATM!
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboPuns (#3149)
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboPuns (#3001)
    Thank you all for having me here, I had fun even though it may not have been obvious! Haha. Please don't judge my play by this game, it was the worst possible case for me to contribute. I definitely learned a lot, your all's style here is way more different from what I'm used to than I think you can possibly realize. Which sucks in terms of me trying to solve but it definitely had the effect of opening my mind some.
    By the way this last paragraph from me was intentionally transparent and honest, wolf-minded and everything.

It was mind blowing to me how many acronyms are used here in regular every day chat. The ones I genuinely knew without asking or looking up were few and far between. Wifom, iso, ate, sod/eod obviously. But like, tmi, wim, iioa, cfd, as well as basic words like "level" -- (I still don't understand how to use this in a sentence) -- spew, pocket, and clear are not used in my 9 years of forum mafia experience. It really, truly was a painful slog to try to utilize my little time available to get caught up when everything from the way you communicate to the way you think was so different.

I know at one point someone made a comment like "I have a hard time believing turbo doesn't actually know what that means". And the thing was, I truly didn't know. I let that one go without pushing back because I didn't need more attention, but it was frustrating for sure.

I didn't enter the game with the plan to just whine about community clash but it very, very quickly became obvious to me that fully leaning into that was my highest percentage play.
    I caught that and said how it was weird that you played like a experienced player but then made newbie mistakes or excuses.
    The other wolves “spew” saved you.
    I knew baudib was a wolf and that’s how I found yolo. Which is exactly why I cleared you.
    At some point I wonder why baudid said you and wws but then kept making cases about wws...
    But those were dispersed when they both voted you.
    I didn’t think they would make it so obvious.
    I got “leveled”

So léveled means played. The wolves played at a diff level then I expected. Meaning they played much better or much worse and it confused me.
    Spew means the other wolves pushing u or talking about you in a way that partners don’t talk. So when a wolf dies we look in the wrong places.
    Ex. Marl
    Wolves kinda ignored him and had him high in lists. By wolves I meant dead wolves.
    He also played more wolfy than you so we were all confused and the last day u weren’t even a wagon.
    He tunneled and didn’t think smart. Big flaw

17. Bookmark ISO #3167
    I just dropped by to say that I have nothing to say.

18. Bookmark ISO #3168
    Community
    PTP(RIP), 2+2
    AKA
    BATM!
    i wasn't pushing back i was just adding my own experience

i vaguely remember what it was like to start becoming indoctrinated to MU lingo

but that was almost 3 years ago now

It was went montecore, I and several other 2+2 players came here.
    We never used town or scum. We despise the words and made fun of the newbs using it.
    It became synonymous with being not good at the game.
    Man those all times. Games were so easy

19. Bookmark ISO #3169
    Community
    PTP(RIP), 2+2
    AKA
    BATM!
    Quote Originally Posted by kaempfer13 (#3163)

I’m a try hard wolf. No one has a more true meta than me I think.
    I been trying to change it cuz is easy for some.
    I only like to play when I’m a wolf so I put 120% and when I’m town I give 20% day one and then add 20-25% each consecutive day.
    Unless I’m a cop. Then I play just as hard cuz I get to trick wolves in my head.
    Most people are not me so they struggle to post content and push people and solve cuz they have TMI.
    More and more people are getting better at this

20. Bookmark ISO #3170
    Community
    PTP(RIP), 2+2
    AKA
    BATM!
    WIM I first saw that in 2p2 but I’m not sure if it was created there.
    It means Wants it more.
    Meaning you will go harder than everyone else to win.
    We also have WILVES
    Which is lazy wolves. Want it less or WIL and you add ves so instead of wolves is wilves lol

21. Bookmark ISO #3171
    Community
    PTP(RIP), 2+2
    AKA
    BATM!
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonFox (#3167)
    I just dropped by to say that I have nothing to say.
    Thanks for your insight. This is helpful.
    “Dropped” he just came in to check in but he doesn’t want to give reads or participate. This is sometimes a wolfy response to getting pressure on the thread and wolves feeling they need to “drop” by to check in and make up an excuse.
    Used in a sentence:
    I just @drooped” by to say I’m working late and my grandma has a few clients tonight. They are filming gangbang and it gets kinda loud in the house. I’ll go to the shed outside to sleep and the WiFi doesn’t reach.

22. Bookmark ISO #3172
    Timezone
    Community
    Elements the Game
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    I believe turbo has found the wiki/dictionary by now.

23. Bookmark ISO #3173
    Community
    FlopTurnRiver
    i've been F5ing this thread for like 14 hours waiting for @Empoof to post his wall about this game.

It's clear he's a werewolf genius on the level of Insanity and Chandra.

24. Bookmark ISO #3174
    Community
    MiniMafia // Smogon
    Quote Originally Posted by baudib1 (#3173)
    i've been F5ing this thread for like 14 hours waiting for @Empoof to post his wall about this game.

It's clear he's a werewolf genius on the level of Insanity and Chandra.

25. Bookmark ISO #3175
    Community
    PTP(RIP), 2+2
    AKA
    BATM!
    Also waiting for empoof. He had some good reads

26. Bookmark ISO #3176
    Community
    PTP(RIP), 2+2
    AKA
    BATM!
    Quote Originally Posted by BATMAN (#2116)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marluxion (#2081)
    I think this
    AS MUCH AS I $#@!ING DESPISE to say it
    I think it's V/V Wagons
    If it isn't V/V Wagons then 3 wolves are on WWS' wagon meaning everyone except me on that wagon is a wolf which i dont really believe
    No... it can only be v/v wagons...
    Baudib stayed off and he’s been an outed wolf for 2 phase days.
    You couldn’t see it too busy pushing me like did you not see baudib lolcatting and not wanting to push yolo?
    Wow marl.
    Quote Originally Posted by BATMAN (#2117)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marluxion (#2085)
    If someone on the Batman wagon was roleblocked, I think it clears Batman as town

Marl stop posting please lol. I’m out and haven’t slept in 36 hours and I can’t control my bladder...
    Quote Originally Posted by BATMAN (#2118)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marluxion (#2089)
    I wanted to lynch turbo yesterday, i resigned myself to a wws wagon since turbo wasn't picking up pace as a wagon and i regret it

WWS's reluctance to the wagon made me think they were scum mates but in hindsight that's dumb as hell since WWS wouldn't hesitate to wagon his wolfmate over himself if it were turbo
    I didn’t. I told you to lynch yoloswag
    I had to keep baudib the wolf and you the antitown villager at keep and blocking me from getting it done.
    I think is mischief, yolo and baudib.
    Quote Originally Posted by BATMAN (#2121)
    Quote Originally Posted by Empoof (#2099)

baubid1 is mafia

how yall doing

Give me these 36 hours to solve thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Empoof (#2100)
    btw i think batm is town

haven't read much, going to sleep

Lol. I cannot be wolf... you think baudib let’s me rand???
    Come on... I started a yolo cdf and yolo outed himself by posting instead of lurking more.
    Baudib defended yolo and I kept trying to get him to vote him just to see the reaction.
    I had to fight off marl who I cleared early and he was being super anti town while baudib laughed at his face.
    It was pretty ugly to watch.

@baudib1 bub I love you. You are so wolfy, it was lovely to let you think you pocketed me LMAO.
    I was solving from the inside out.
    And the priceless reaction to yoloswag was amazing cuz you both got confirmed wolf to me by my vote and your reaction.
    Everyone making fun of marl. Baudib and yolo swag his ass right in his face.
    There’s a reason wolfchat is not public lol.
    The whole game I fought marl cuz I knew he was town.
    The lesson here is: we need to learn not to fall into tunnels and always look at the why and everyday use new info.
    I been guilty of this myself and had to learn the hard way

27. Bookmark ISO #3177
    Community
    PTP(RIP), 2+2
    AKA
    BATM!
    Were you guys really going to lynch him? You thought he was in more danger than yolo?

28. Bookmark ISO #3178
    Community
    PTP(RIP), 2+2
    AKA
    BATM!
    Soft bussing is very confusing to town also.
    I hate bussing but this game was saved by it for scum.
    Their gamble paid off and they never carried out the buss. They just pretended and we treated it as spewing turbo clear.
    At least I did. I think I might have tinfoil mischief myself at final 3-4

29. Bookmark ISO #3179
    Community
    FlopTurnRiver
    Quote Originally Posted by BATMAN (#3177)
    @baudib1 what was your plan with turbo?
    Were you guys really going to lynch him? You thought he was in more danger than yolo?
    It started to look bad for Turbo so we decided we were going to get the cred for killing him.

IDK I misread the mindset of the villagers in this game very badly.

I didn't think there was any way you'd lynch Alice over Turob.Go back and look at that day, it's just AtE vs. Alice doing real work.

Turbo played it perfectly and played into everyone's low expectations and paranoia about Alice/Marl/you.

30. Bookmark ISO #3180
    Timezone
    Community
    Elements the Game
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    It was just the awkward marl/alice affair from the day before carrying over. And everyone decided to clear marl for some reason so Alice took the full blame for it.

31. Bookmark ISO #3181
    Timezone
    AKA
    iaafr, fluffy rabbit
    Quote Originally Posted by kaempfer13 (#3180)
    It was just the awkward marl/alice affair from the day before carrying over. And everyone decided to clear marl for some reason so Alice took the full blame for it.
    marl having more emotional meta differential made him more obvious town than alice.

in retrospect, they both clearly believed wildfire was actually scum for similar reasons and neither push was fabricated, though

I still kept tunneling Alice d2 in graveyard tho so yeah idk that was bad of me

32. Bookmark ISO #3182
    Timezone
    AKA
    iaafr, fluffy rabbit
    really should've realized baudib confidently townreading Alice d1 was tmi and not w/w powerwolfing

esp with the mindmeld based reasoning

33. Bookmark ISO #3183
    Community
    FlopTurnRiver
    Quote Originally Posted by New Concept (#3182)
    really should've realized baudib confidently townreading Alice d1 was tmi and not w/w powerwolfing

I think that would have been a difficult read to make. The thread was pretty slow when you were alive and it was all V/V violence. Just having good tone on D1 and putting people at ease made it really simple to interact in that game state.

34. Bookmark ISO #3184
    Community
    N/A
    AKA
    Alice
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Quote Originally Posted by baudib1 (#3179)
    Quote Originally Posted by BATMAN (#3177)
    @baudib1 what was your plan with turbo?
    It started to look bad for Turbo so we decided we were going to get the cred for killing him.

IDK I misread the mindset of the villagers in this game very badly.

I didn't think there was any way you'd lynch Alice over Turob.Go back and look at that day, it's just AtE vs. Alice doing real work.

Turbo played it perfectly and played into everyone's low expectations and paranoia about Alice/Marl/you.
    Marl's a sucker for AtE and he's usually very wary of me as I can easily talk my way out of a lynch when I'm wolfing, so I wasn't surprised, just disappointed.

35. Bookmark ISO #3185
    Community
    N/A
    AKA
    Alice
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Quote Originally Posted by New Concept (#3181)
    Quote Originally Posted by kaempfer13 (#3180)
    marl having more emotional meta differential made him more obvious town than alice.

in retrospect, they both clearly believed wildfire was actually scum for similar reasons and neither push was fabricated, though

I still kept tunneling Alice d2 in graveyard tho so yeah idk that was bad of me
    I'm usually harder to townread as my posts when I'm a villager are usually very monotone and focus more on analysis rather than emotion than Marl. I rely on making good reads and nabbing pelts to clear myself and since all the wolves were playing very well while much of the village was derping around this really made me ML bait.

36. Bookmark ISO #3186
    Timezone
    AKA
    iaafr, fluffy rabbit
    Quote Originally Posted by baudib1 (#3183)
    Quote Originally Posted by New Concept (#3182)

I think that would have been a difficult read to make. The thread was pretty slow when you were alive and it was all V/V violence. Just having good tone on D1 and putting people at ease made it really simple to interact in that game state.
    I mean I clearly didn't get there d1 but overnight I was already heavily sussing you because your Alice read didn't seem town perspective. it wasnt getting to you wolf that it was the issue, it was getting to you/Alice not w/w that I failed at d2

if you read the graveyard you were in my teams constantly. I shifted around turbo and yolo a bunch but you were my correct tunnel ever since n1.

37. Bookmark ISO #3187
    Community
    FlopTurnRiver
    If we kill BATMAN instead of you n1 then it's a different game state and I'm not buddying up to BATMAN and basically trying to not engage you as much.

I think mostly I wring my hands on the sidelines as you and Marl lead the lynch Alice brigade and maybe we start distancing from Turbo earlier.

38. Bookmark ISO #3188
    Community
    AKA
    fluffy rabbit
    i mean dont wanna get too much into hypothetical worlds but i dont singlemindedly tunnel in d2 ever

there's like a 100% chance i wouldve posted at alice "if you're v you should be sussing baudib for tmi-ing you" at some point in that day

39. Bookmark ISO #3189
    Community
    N/A
    AKA
    Alice
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    i mean dont wanna get too much into hypothetical worlds but i dont singlemindedly tunnel in d2 ever

there's like a 100% chance i wouldve posted at alice "if you're v you should be sussing baudib for tmi-ing you" at some point in that day
    I'm a sucker for mindmelds and for people who have similar reads that I do. He pocketed me very well.

40. Bookmark ISO #3190
    Community
    AKA
    fluffy rabbit
    actually wandering wolf was the one exception because i had a weird slip-based world that i legitimately tunneled the entire day without reconsidering

cant remember any other villa game d2 where i tunneled the same person from sod to eod