Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 77

Thread: ask Beck anything

  1. ISO #1
    Loser Beck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Where it's at!
    Posts
    24,146
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    NovoCiv
    Gender

    ask Beck anything

    i reserve the right to pass on any Q i don’t wanna answer

    but ill answer most

    glgl
    leaping up into the air getting juiced up beyond belief

  2. ISO #2
    Loser Beck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Where it's at!
    Posts
    24,146
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    NovoCiv
    Gender
    thank you again to @Michelle for passing the baton
    leaping up into the air getting juiced up beyond belief

  3. ISO #3
    Definitely SmartBomb Charmander's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Kanto
    Posts
    1,527
    Community
    Starter Pokemon
    AKA
    ヒトカゲ
    Gender
    How do you approach designing a mash? What are ratios you want? Not necessarily just town:mafia but do you have guidelines for how many investigative/killing/protection/manipulation roles you give each faction? Any rules of thumbs to help the game ends after reasonable amount of time, but not too quickly and stays relatively balanced?

  4. ISO #4
    Wants It More El-ahrairah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    In Your Pocket
    Posts
    6,515
    Who is your favourite Red Dwarf character?
    "All the world will be your enemy, Prince With A Thousand Enemies"

    Jackofhearts2005: El analyses every single Achro post and gives the whole thing a massive scumread. Achro replies with one sentence and a frowny face. This game is over.

  5. ISO #5
    Wants It Most Apoc's Avatar Game Manager
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Sharing opinions nobody asked for
    Posts
    36,333
    Gender
    What questions should i ask you?

    I have waited long for this day

  6. ISO #6
    Loser Beck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Where it's at!
    Posts
    24,146
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    NovoCiv
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmander (#3)
    How do you approach designing a mash? What are ratios you want? Not necessarily just town:mafia but do you have guidelines for how many investigative/killing/protection/manipulation roles you give each faction? Any rules of thumbs to help the game ends after reasonable amount of time, but not too quickly and stays relatively balanced?
    I could write a lot about this, but generally I follow these guidelines:

    First, when approaching design in general I consider the theme of my game, and the number of players I'd like to design around. I don't wake up wanting to host a Mash, I am inspired to because of some type of show or game or other form of media. Sometimes I'll even think of a concept or core mechanic and design around that. Often times my theme determines how many players I can build around.

    Once I know the theme and the number of players I'll be designing for, the two major ratios/metrics I use are Wolves:Villagers and Vanillagers:Village PRs. The best W:V ratio is in the ballpark of 1:4 to 1:3, and I'd lean 1:3 only if you're adding non-wolves, or neutrals. When considering PRs I shoot for at least 60% of my village to be PRs. This is mostly personal preference but it's what works for me. You can go higher and you can go lower, but generally 60% is a good place to start. I most often design my wolves before I design my village, because wolves must be equipped to handle what the village has. So if your wolves are very powerful, compensate your village accordingly. If I have about 60% PRs, I design my roles as what I would call "Full" or "Full+". This means your Tracker is an every night Tracker with maybe a little something extra or a twist. And so on and so forth. The more PRs you have, regardless of the wolves' power, the more you'll want to spread the wealth. Give more players less power. You can do this by making them x-shots, night-specific, conditional, O/E, or accuracy-based. But keep in mind that the more you dilute a PR, the more variance you add to the game and the more trouble you may hand the wolves (i.e. if you have a N1 Vigilante and a N2 Vigilante, and they both shoot wolves... Both players will probably be cleared correctly by the village and the wolves will have two players, not one, to address with their valuable KP).

    Regarding specific types of PRs, that's a tougher mark to hit. I design around the Core 4 (Investigative, Killing, Protective, Obstructive) and typically lean away from too many Investigative. I just believe that too many Peeks takes away from werewolf, lets the village off, and makes the wolves' lives exponentially more difficult. My main piece of advice would be to understand how each PR-subset is valued to different alignments. For example, a Peek is worth little to nothing to a wolf, because they know who is not a wolf. Whereas to a villager, a peek helps solve the game. Conversely KP is crucial to the wolves because it eliminates strong villagers or PRs and directly furthers their wincon. To a villager, KP may be fun and thrilling, but more often than not furthers the wolves' wincon as well. It's a balance. My best advice is to never add an overwhelming # of a particular PR-type, and always make sure one side can counter the other. I'd lean more heavily toward Killing and Obstructive than Protective and Investigative, but that may just be me.

    Speaking on KP specifically, I actually probably design my games backwards in this regard. I determine how long I want my games to last (5-8 days, usually) and add KP to meet that need. Determine how much KP will process each night and how many players will die as a result. If you're using ITAs or Event prizes, factor that in as well. And scale down at about X-15% (to 20%) where X is the # of players alive the previous day. I could probably articulate that better given more time to explain but that equates to about 1/5th or 1/6th of your total players dying each day, ideally in a 1:4 ratio to keep factions aligned and make the game competitive. I try to give the wolves 1.25 KP to 1 KP for the village.

    So that's a very off the cuff breakdown of how I think about designing a mash, but truthfully balance in mashes is a bit of a myth. Balance is defined in smaller games as an equal chance for both alignments to win over a large sample size. So smaller setups become more popular because over 100 games we see the wolves and the village win as many times as the other. But in mashes and V+ games, we don't have that luxury. So just because one alignment stomps the other doesn't make a mash imbalanced, and just because the game ends in F5 doesn't make the game balanced. Rand and any other number of factors can impact "balance" in a mash so while I have numbers in mind and have proven results in my mind when balancing, it's a crap-shoot most of the time.

    I recommend making the game you want to make, prioritizing fun for your players, and trying your best to be creative. If your game ends up "balanced" that's a bonus.

    If you have any other more specific questions about large game design or balance feel free to ask.
    leaping up into the air getting juiced up beyond belief

  7. ISO #7
    Loser Beck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Where it's at!
    Posts
    24,146
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    NovoCiv
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by El-ahrairah (#4)
    Who is your favourite Red Dwarf character?
    idk what this is so i had to look it up

    based just on pics ill say Kristine Z. Kochanski mmhmmmm
    leaping up into the air getting juiced up beyond belief

  8. ISO #8
    Loser Beck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Where it's at!
    Posts
    24,146
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    NovoCiv
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoc (#5)
    What questions should i ask you?

    I have waited long for this day
    what would you like to know?
    leaping up into the air getting juiced up beyond belief

  9. ISO #9
    Definitely SmartBomb Charmander's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Kanto
    Posts
    1,527
    Community
    Starter Pokemon
    AKA
    ヒトカゲ
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Beck (#6)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmander (#3)
    How do you approach designing a mash? What are ratios you want? Not necessarily just town:mafia but do you have guidelines for how many investigative/killing/protection/manipulation roles you give each faction? Any rules of thumbs to help the game ends after reasonable amount of time, but not too quickly and stays relatively balanced?
    I could write a lot about this, but generally I follow these guidelines:

    First, when approaching design in general I consider the theme of my game, and the number of players I'd like to design around. I don't wake up wanting to host a Mash, I am inspired to because of some type of show or game or other form of media. Sometimes I'll even think of a concept or core mechanic and design around that. Often times my theme determines how many players I can build around.

    Once I know the theme and the number of players I'll be designing for, the two major ratios/metrics I use are Wolves:Villagers and Vanillagers:Village PRs. The best W:V ratio is in the ballpark of 1:4 to 1:3, and I'd lean 1:3 only if you're adding non-wolves, or neutrals. When considering PRs I shoot for at least 60% of my village to be PRs. This is mostly personal preference but it's what works for me. You can go higher and you can go lower, but generally 60% is a good place to start. I most often design my wolves before I design my village, because wolves must be equipped to handle what the village has. So if your wolves are very powerful, compensate your village accordingly. If I have about 60% PRs, I design my roles as what I would call "Full" or "Full+". This means your Tracker is an every night Tracker with maybe a little something extra or a twist. And so on and so forth. The more PRs you have, regardless of the wolves' power, the more you'll want to spread the wealth. Give more players less power. You can do this by making them x-shots, night-specific, conditional, O/E, or accuracy-based. But keep in mind that the more you dilute a PR, the more variance you add to the game and the more trouble you may hand the wolves (i.e. if you have a N1 Vigilante and a N2 Vigilante, and they both shoot wolves... Both players will probably be cleared correctly by the village and the wolves will have two players, not one, to address with their valuable KP).

    Regarding specific types of PRs, that's a tougher mark to hit. I design around the Core 4 (Investigative, Killing, Protective, Obstructive) and typically lean away from too many Investigative. I just believe that too many Peeks takes away from werewolf, lets the village off, and makes the wolves' lives exponentially more difficult. My main piece of advice would be to understand how each PR-subset is valued to different alignments. For example, a Peek is worth little to nothing to a wolf, because they know who is not a wolf. Whereas to a villager, a peek helps solve the game. Conversely KP is crucial to the wolves because it eliminates strong villagers or PRs and directly furthers their wincon. To a villager, KP may be fun and thrilling, but more often than not furthers the wolves' wincon as well. It's a balance. My best advice is to never add an overwhelming # of a particular PR-type, and always make sure one side can counter the other. I'd lean more heavily toward Killing and Obstructive than Protective and Investigative, but that may just be me.

    Speaking on KP specifically, I actually probably design my games backwards in this regard. I determine how long I want my games to last (5-8 days, usually) and add KP to meet that need. Determine how much KP will process each night and how many players will die as a result. If you're using ITAs or Event prizes, factor that in as well. And scale down at about X-15% (to 20%) where X is the # of players alive the previous day. I could probably articulate that better given more time to explain but that equates to about 1/5th or 1/6th of your total players dying each day, ideally in a 1:4 ratio to keep factions aligned and make the game competitive. I try to give the wolves 1.25 KP to 1 KP for the village.

    So that's a very off the cuff breakdown of how I think about designing a mash, but truthfully balance in mashes is a bit of a myth. Balance is defined in smaller games as an equal chance for both alignments to win over a large sample size. So smaller setups become more popular because over 100 games we see the wolves and the village win as many times as the other. But in mashes and V+ games, we don't have that luxury. So just because one alignment stomps the other doesn't make a mash imbalanced, and just because the game ends in F5 doesn't make the game balanced. Rand and any other number of factors can impact "balance" in a mash so while I have numbers in mind and have proven results in my mind when balancing, it's a crap-shoot most of the time.

    I recommend making the game you want to make, prioritizing fun for your players, and trying your best to be creative. If your game ends up "balanced" that's a bonus.

    If you have any other more specific questions about large game design or balance feel free to ask.
    Nice. Some of concepts I was aware of (like determining how long the game should last and adding KP accordingly), but things like ratios between town/mafia KP + estimating deaths, or percentages of the town as PRs are good to get your thoughts on.

    Alright, since I have the chance to pick your brain on this I'll throw out some more questions, and you can pick and choose which ones to answer if you don't feel like answering them all.

    Mashes tend to have 40+ players which means roles with no abilities other than their voice and vote have considerably less agency than they would in a normal sized game. Mashes also tend to be extremely high variance because of the number of power roles, and inherent difficulties distributing power without throwing other things out of balance (e.g. the N1 + N2 vigs example) in your answer). ITAs are a useful tool in that they both provide players with the perception of greater agency (even if they aren't all that likely to kill someone), and lower the overall variance of the game by making KP more predictable. What would you recommend to someone in general if they wanted to design a Mash without ITAs?

    Another aspect of large games is that they tend to have more complex roles than usual. I want to distinguish these from Full+ roles in that they're not simply normal roles with extra stuff stapled on, but that the mechanics of the role require more thinking about the game state to use effectively. How do you approach designing a game with complex mechanics that doesn't increase the cognitive load required to play the game so much it diminishes the experience? Related question, would you agree that Town roles can be more individually complex as they only have their own role to worry about, whereas Mafia roles need to have less individually complex roles or rather less total role complexity for a faction because members of the Mafia need to think about everyone's role instead of just their own?

    What mechanisms do you think work best to reduce the variance in a large game? As you mentioned, there are issues that come with having distributed power for town such as the N1 + N2 vigs, but having a single vig means that in a game where that vig is mislynched day 1, town has significantly less power than if they had only lost one of their two vigs. Are roles like backups better than two slightly weaker, overlapping roles? Do you think it's appropriate to juice town PRs a bit more than is necessary to account for sub-optimal action economy (players being AFK, or holstering for inexplicable reasons)?

  10. ISO #10
    GOAT Tier Shad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    15,824
    Gender
    May I touch your butt?
    Quote Originally Posted by Panther
    I thought you were a nerd last week but then I saw you say you play golf and remember you said you chewed so you're some kind of unicorn or something

  11. ISO #11
    Nuke Possum Springs Ampharos's Avatar Administrator
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    9,184
    Timezone
    UTC-06:00
    Community
    Smogon | Serenes Forest | EIMM
    AKA
    Amy
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    top 5 beck songs

    rank the pokemon gens that you've played (from an ingame standpoint, not competitive)
    DM Ampharos#1651 on Discord with any suggestions/comments/complaints/unwarranted compliments
    [6:42 AM] Makaze: people unironically liking amy's themes is tilting

  12. ISO #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Shad (#10)
    May I touch your butt?
    WOWEE!

  13. ISO #13
    Wants It More Zork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    LGBT--Attorney, Cop, Loving Dad to 3 dogs and a cat
    Posts
    8,478
    Timezone
    UTC-06:00
    Gender
    "To a villager, KP may be fun and thrilling, but more often than not furthers the wolves' wincon as well."

    That's what I've been saying and everyone has been laughing at me. Thank you!

    Question: When you are catching up on a thread, do you read all the posts first then respond as you recall? Do you multiquote and answer each post you wanted to comment on? Do you respond as you go, knowing that what you might be seeing and responding to may no longer be valid? At what point (how many posts behind) do you just say screw it and just plop in without having read whatever came before?

  14. ISO #14
    GOAT Tier Jaleb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    16,082
    Timezone
    UTC-06:00
    Community
    EpicMafia/DailyMafia
    AKA
    Onuzq
    Gender
    What have you been doing during your away time from mafia? Noticed you haven't been around a lot over the past year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Empoof (#4961)
    it was jaleb

    @Jaleb is a god
    ⚡🍺Frog 🍺⚡Last Thursday at 8:11 AM
    ok dudes
    you can discuss the event here if you want

    Jaleb (RB/1% ITA)Last Thursday at 8:05 AM
    Done, will take my prize now
    I do have a 1900 rating in solving tactics :smiley:

    AndrewGreve(night vig/39%ITA)Last Thursday at 8:10 AM
    hey
    i dont know chess tactics
    should I try?

    Jaleb (RB/1% ITA)Last Thursday at 8:10 AM
    1. Bf6 2. Qh7 3. Rf7 4. Nh6 5. Re5 6. ... Qh3 7. Qd8 8. h7 9. ... Ne5+; fxe5 h5 10. ... Bg1; Kg3 Qf2; Kh3 Qh2 i you want the answer, not that it matters
    if*

    ⚡🍺Frog 🍺⚡Last Thursday at 8:11 AM
    Jaleb, you're lowkey Magnus

  15. ISO #15
    Soul Reader PunchyTheCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    4,511
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    The Bell Tree Forums
    AKA
    Poncho/Panchy/Pinchy/Lunchy/Brian
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    how did you get into mafia

    what is your avatar
    I like mashes

  16. ISO #16
    Straight White Male wiggles1993's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    30,793
    Timezone
    UTC±00:00
    Community
    DailyMafia
    AKA
    The Potato King
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    If you had the opportunity to kill *insert globally hated person here* without anyone knowing you did it, would you?
    つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

  17. ISO #17
    Furry Collective Keeper of the Swans Michelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    4,779
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    AnimeBase
    Gender
    You are very confident while playing. What gives you this confidence?

    Favourite music, food, season, flower?

    What means the mafia game for you?
    Favourite role and AI?
    Quote Originally Posted by Phighter (#3563)
    MU is not a betting game, it's a lie detection and lying game.
    Quote Originally Posted by El-ahrairah (#4792)
    But, soft! What light through yonder window breaks? It is the sun, and Michelle is the east.

    Quote Originally Posted by ladd (#933)
    jaleb probably willaging too

    Quote Originally Posted by Monstrman (#13168)
    Wolves never w peek someone

    Quote Originally Posted by Dimma Davidoff (#102)
    Mafia is a real world game. The situations in Mafia are real, and one can not use anything but oneself. It is life. Very dense life. Look at it this way - Mafia are zombies, they are not free, they are bound by their knowledge of each other and a need to eliminate others. Citizens are free to make their own bounds. If you learn to do it well, then you could find zombies (people with alliance with past) in real life and turn them over to your side of the future.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trustworthy Liberal (#153)
    Well am here not here sorta-kinda asleep but kinda not 3 expresso shots was too much so let me think of something to entertain you most likely won't and will just pass out the second the expresso wears off, to be honest

  18. ISO #18
    Wants It Most Apoc's Avatar Game Manager
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Sharing opinions nobody asked for
    Posts
    36,333
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Beck (#8)
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoc (#5)
    What questions should i ask you?

    I have waited long for this day
    what would you like to know?
    I was giving you a chance to share things you wanted to share

    Carte blanche

  19. ISO #19
    Queen of MU SpankGangsta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    stork was here
    Posts
    20,851
    Timezone
    UTC+08:00
    Community
    RIP EA, ATRL, Become A Living God
    AKA
    SpankGOD, The Prophet & True Queen of MU
    Gender
    Top 5 manga/anime arc
    I owe Takhitty ₤200 for my gambling addiction
    I owe Takhitty ₤200 for my gambling addiction
    I owe Takhitty ₤200 for my gambling addiction
    I owe Takhitty ₤200 for my gambling addiction
    I owe Takhitty ₤200 for my gambling addiction

  20. ISO #20
    Loser Beck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Where it's at!
    Posts
    24,146
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    NovoCiv
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Shad (#10)
    May I touch your butt?
    no dumb questions itt please

    of course
    leaping up into the air getting juiced up beyond belief

  21. ISO #21
    what do you think is the best game you've hosted?

  22. ISO #22
    Loser Beck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Where it's at!
    Posts
    24,146
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    NovoCiv
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#11)
    top 5 beck songs

    rank the pokemon gens that you've played (from an ingame standpoint, not competitive)
    not fair!! way too many amazing songs to pick from

    id say...

    Where It's At

    One of the first Beck songs I ever heard, and its upbeat beat and lazy guitar riffs had me hooked. It's so wacky and I love it.

    Loser
    The opening guitar riff makes me lose my $#@!ing mind. I know all the lyrics to this song and find myself humming them at odd hours. This was my anthem in high school.

    Guess I'm Doing Fine

    One of my favourite songs to listen to when I'm feeling down. The lyrics are so real. Sometimes when in moments of loss or confusion I turn this on to live in it.

    Up All Night

    Up All Night makes me want to get smashed. No joke this album and this song hit right around when I was a senior in college so I spent many hours drinking to this one. It's fun, loose, and is a great Beck-take on pop hits today. I don't think it's quite as good as some of his classics but it makes this list for variety's sake.

    Novacane

    One of my first and favourite songs of all time. Just no $#@!s given badassery. I've done a lot of dumb $#@! with this song playing in the background.

    HONORABLE MENTION
    Sound and Vision

    Not a Beck song, but a prime example of his absolute genius. This is a cover of David Bowie's Sound and Vision and it is nothing short of perfect. He organized hundreds of people that sing and play different instruments and turned it into this beauty. When anyone asks why I love this man so much I show them this.

    @Ampharos -- When you say Generations of Pokemon, do you mean regions (like, Gold & Silver and HGSS count as one generation, G2) or do you mean installments (like, HGSS and DPPt count as one generation, G4)? My ratings depend on this.
    leaping up into the air getting juiced up beyond belief

  23. ISO #23
    Loser Beck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Where it's at!
    Posts
    24,146
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    NovoCiv
    Gender
    i can only include 5 videos in a single post unfortunately so i reluctantly cut Loser because im sure anyone that knows me has seen it (see: my Champs bios)
    leaping up into the air getting juiced up beyond belief

  24. ISO #24
    Billy GOAT Gruff billymills's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    7,354
    Timezone
    UTC-07:00
    Community
    Smogon
    what do you enjoy about mafia?
    I banned him because I got a strong soul read that he is not a good person

  25. ISO #25
    Loser Beck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Where it's at!
    Posts
    24,146
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    NovoCiv
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Zork (#13)
    "To a villager, KP may be fun and thrilling, but more often than not furthers the wolves' wincon as well."

    That's what I've been saying and everyone has been laughing at me. Thank you!
    Well, I think village KP is a double-edged sword. Any non-wolf death furthers the wolves' wincon by definition. But village KP operates in significantly different ways when compared to wolf KP. Village KP when used optimally clears the bottom of the POE and while is not a necessity for a village to win, it often times expedites solving particularly troubling players while saving valuable time and alternate resources (Peeks, the lunch, etc.)

    So when I say it furthers the wolves' wincon, that much is obvious. I think especially in large games it is essential to a village as well.

    Question: When you are catching up on a thread, do you read all the posts first then respond as you recall? Do you multiquote and answer each post you wanted to comment on? Do you respond as you go, knowing that what you might be seeing and responding to may no longer be valid? At what point (how many posts behind) do you just say screw it and just plop in without having read whatever came before?
    I'll be honest, I am trying to reinvent my play style. I've got I don't like about my play and am actively working to become a stronger player and someone who's more enjoyable to play with. But these take time. As it stands I prefer playing in the moment, which might explain why I can be such a thread-hawk at times. I enjoy reading players in real-time so take every opportunity to be present. I usually skip anything I've missed and read back for major thread developments or during the night. If I'm only ~50 posts behind I'll usually try to just catch up but I filter information quickly so it never takes longer than a few minutes.
    leaping up into the air getting juiced up beyond belief

  26. ISO #26
    Loser Beck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Where it's at!
    Posts
    24,146
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    NovoCiv
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaleb (#14)
    What have you been doing during your away time from mafia? Noticed you haven't been around a lot over the past year.
    A lot of things.

    I admittedly was tired of MU, the community, and werewolf. Something I enjoyed greatly lost its touch and I felt I wanted to get away. I did not want to be here.

    I've struggled with depression and addiction across the last year especially. I needed time for myself to heal and discover who I was and who I wanted to be. This is still very much a work in progress but I've come a long way.

    I did a lot of soul-searching. I moved to a new city. I started Graduate school. I invested in myself in ways I haven't ever done. Who I am and my life now are drastically different to who I was even just a year ago. And throughout all of this I didn't have time for MU or any desire to be here.

    But I've found the desire to return if only while I have the time, and MU is very much my "Internet home," it's crazy to think I've spent much of my early 20's posting on this website. I owe a lot to MU.
    leaping up into the air getting juiced up beyond belief

  27. ISO #27
    Loser Beck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Where it's at!
    Posts
    24,146
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    NovoCiv
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by PunchyTheCat (#15)
    how did you get into mafia

    what is your avatar
    I was first introduced to werewolf in 6th grade, maybe 13 years ago now. I played after school between my last class and soccer using a deck of cards. It was unlike anything I've ever experienced. A mind-game and puzzle all in one. It was fun to play with friends and I enjoyed playing "God" and inventing new roles and tell stories about who died and in what way.

    In 2009 on XGen Studios forums, a forum for flash games, I played my first game of forum werewolf. It was imbalanced and imperfect but was fun. I could be not myself in an Internet setting and push the boundaries. I looked up to players like Scornic, evil penguin, Kaos, Ignatz and others, who made the game funny. It was amazing for a puzzle to be so fun and make me laugh so much. In 2012 XGen Studios started to fall under after the flash game industry took a nose-dive with the boom of phone apps and games. As a result XGen forums became restrictive and barren, and a fight between XGen's elites and proletariat split the forum. The proles took off to what we called NovoCiv, a second chance for a lot of players who loved sharing memes and $#@!posting. NovoCiv was amazing, we would play werewolf all of the time, had a currency system, built governments with parties, played video games together. It was just straight dumb fun. It's fallen off in recent years but was foundational in my early Internet years.

    My love for Pokemon brought me to Bulbagarden forums which had a small werewolf community, so I scratched my itch for forum werewolf in 2014-2015 there. The rest of the forum is a cupcake, but I spent my time lurking their werewolf subforum. In mid-2015, during the second Mafia Championship, Thingyman was building Mafia Universe. I wasn't playing as much as I had used to but through a Bulbagarden Skype chat saw Phoenicks (an early MU admin) trying to recruit players. I joined reluctantly thinking I wouldn't waste much time here, and now I'm here, some 20k+ posts later.

    I love forum werewolf, it's a test of the mind in text form and is an avenue to $#@!post, which I was raised upon. Forum werewolf may not be how it was first played but is certainly the best format, in my opinion.

    ---

    My avatar is a water colour painting of Beck Hansen I stole off of Google images many years ago. It also looks like me, with blonde hair and blue eyes. I've actually tried to change my avatar here before but have had people privately complain that anything other than this avatar "isn't Beck," so I've chosen to stick with it for now.
    leaping up into the air getting juiced up beyond belief

  28. ISO #28
    Loser Beck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Where it's at!
    Posts
    24,146
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    NovoCiv
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by wiggles1993 (#16)
    If you had the opportunity to kill *insert globally hated person here* without anyone knowing you did it, would you?
    tough Q

    i dont think i would, for two reasons: i dont like the idea of playing "God" and i cant imagine i, myself, could live with the thought of killing someone

    maybe this makes me a weak person

    i think of people like Hitler and Saddam Hussein and would like to think, knowing their transgressions against the world, that ridding the world of them would be a net benefit -- but that's because they've committed crimes of mass genocide or terrorism. killing someone just because they're hated does nothing for me

    but maybe that's what you were implying here?
    leaping up into the air getting juiced up beyond belief

  29. ISO #29
    GOAT Tier Chemist1422's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    11,760
    Community
    ToS
    AKA
    Chem, Mist, Roxas, Wind
    Gender
    Favorite legendary Pokémon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemist1422 (#6)
    mfw you accidentally sell your soul for a modpeek

  30. ISO #30
    Loser Beck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Where it's at!
    Posts
    24,146
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    NovoCiv
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle (#17)
    You are very confident while playing. What gives you this confidence?

    Favourite music, food, season, flower?

    What means the mafia game for you?
    Favourite role and AI?
    It's funny you think that because I don't perceive myself as confident at all. In fact when I play, most of the time I am incredibly anxious and nervous. Not to imply that I am not confident in particular instances, but I definitely derive more stress from werewolf than not.

    I love my punk rock, pop punk, alternative rock, rap, jazz, EDM, emo, grunge. Not a huge fan of country, but just about anything I'll listen to as long as it's upbeat or has some amazing lyrics.

    Some of my favourite artists/bands include: Beck, The Get Up Kids, Fall Out Boy, Blink-182, The Smashing Pumpkins, Third Eye Blind, Eve 6, Brand New, Nirvana, Foo Fighters, Sixpence None the Richer, The Toadies, Toad The Wet Sprocket, Jimmy Eat World, Weezer, Catch 22, Streetlight Manifesto, RAC...

    Those are just off the top of my head and probably weighted toward punk rock because that's the mood I've been in lately. I am most definitely missing some seriously amazing music that I listen to regularly. I also enjoy listening to instrumental tracks, too.

    Favourite food is probably breakfast food. I love omelettes and my favourite dish is probably eggs Benedict with a side of asparagus. Nothing better. I also have been on a big Mexican kick lately, I love burritos. And crepes are amazing too. Any kind of food where I can be creative and stuff other food inside is awesome.

    Favourite season is fall, no doubt. Nothing better than a New England fall, where the leaves all turn and fall and it's cool but not cold, nice and crisp. I can wear my duck boots and big sweaters, it's the best.

    My favourite flower is probably a cherry blossom. They're big and bright and feel soft to the touch. They're also one of my Mum's favourites so they were always around the house growing up.

    What does werewolf mean to me? It means so much. It's been with me since I was probably like 12 and has been a form of expression and a way to test my mind, had helped improve my communication skills across multiple mediums, and has given my countless friendships both on the Internet and in IRL.

    My favourite Vanilla because I can play fast and loose, and can bait SPKs by fake-claiming or softing. It sucks when you're an important or integral PR and die because you played well. Wolf is definitely my favourite alignment, I love fooling others and crafting stories.
    leaping up into the air getting juiced up beyond belief

  31. ISO #31
    Soul Reader PunchyTheCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    4,511
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    The Bell Tree Forums
    AKA
    Poncho/Panchy/Pinchy/Lunchy/Brian
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    whats your favorite role

    host or player

    whats the most imbalenced setup you've played in
    I like mashes

  32. ISO #32
    Loser Beck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Where it's at!
    Posts
    24,146
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    NovoCiv
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoc (#18)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beck (#8)
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoc (#5)
    What questions should i ask you?

    I have waited long for this day
    what would you like to know?
    I was giving you a chance to share things you wanted to share

    Carte blanche
    I love video games!
    I love to read and collect non-ficiton books.
    I love superheros and the idea of having superpowers.
    I enjoy running and working out.
    I am studying for my Masters degree in Education.
    I am 25 and am a professional $#@!poster.
    I am a cat-person!

    There's definitely a lot else to know but I don't talk about myself much so it's difficult to think up more on the spot.
    leaping up into the air getting juiced up beyond belief

  33. ISO #33
    Loser Beck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Where it's at!
    Posts
    24,146
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    NovoCiv
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankGangsta (#19)
    Top 5 manga/anime arc
    tough one! i dont watch much anime and dont read any manga, but some that come to mind include:

    Mob Psycho 100's Separate Ways arc was moving. I never thought an anime could make me feel so much in one singular moment but given MP100's beautiful cast of characters this interaction between the main characters was nothing short of spectacular writing.



    My Hero Academia' Midoriya vs. Bakugo II fight scene was superb. I hate to admit it but I shed a real-life tear at the climax of the fight. It's just $#@!ing amazing. As someone who loves super heroes and super powers this show hits the mark and the character development and teenage angst is pretty sick. The animation for this specific scene is unrivaled as well and the video below doesn't do it justice.



    Next I'd probably do MHA again. I didn't appreciate it the first time but the final arc of the first season was so sick. All Might is $#@!ing nutty and the below fight scene is top-notch. I get goosebumps envisioning the voice actor belting it into the mic when he lands his final blow. The Japanese voice actor then takes it to the next level. Insane.



    I can't think of a specific arc from Pokemon but the entirety of Johto Journeys and Master Quest are my childhood. I remember watching this series before school and it was formative in my love for the video game series. I stopped watching the anime around Hoenn and I regret it because Hoenn is my favourite region. But I just grew out of the anime.



    And it's not an arc but I recommend any fan of media watches Cowboy Bebop. The music, the art, the characters and all transcendent. It's so $#@!ing cool and so well constructed. It's gorgeous and amazing and fun. A must-see.

    leaping up into the air getting juiced up beyond belief

  34. ISO #34
    Nuke Possum Springs Ampharos's Avatar Administrator
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    9,184
    Timezone
    UTC-06:00
    Community
    Smogon | Serenes Forest | EIMM
    AKA
    Amy
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Beck (#22)
    @Ampharos -- When you say Generations of Pokemon, do you mean regions (like, Gold & Silver and HGSS count as one generation, G2) or do you mean installments (like, HGSS and DPPt count as one generation, G4)? My ratings depend on this.
    let's say the former
    DM Ampharos#1651 on Discord with any suggestions/comments/complaints/unwarranted compliments
    [6:42 AM] Makaze: people unironically liking amy's themes is tilting

  35. ISO #35
    Loser Beck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Where it's at!
    Posts
    24,146
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    NovoCiv
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan (#21)
    what do you think is the best game you've hosted?
    not being humble or anything, but i dont think i have one

    i find fault in a lot of what i host, be it errors or not taking full advantage of a particular flavour

    id probably pick either SSB back in early '16, my first Mash which i hosted completely on my own, or R&M in late '16 which i hosted with one of my favourite members on MU at the time, TTT

    SSB was a huge learning experience and an opportunity for me to really get to know a lot of MU classics like bopolis, Gamer Dude, Monte, benneh, Cory, ATP, Apoc, Frog, Panther, Visor, Stork, and ofc Yates. it was also really true to the flavour

    R&M was special because TTT is awesome and we really went in with no expectations and no rules and we created a game super true to R&M in its zany and unpredictable way -- it also ended with a legendary neutral win by Stork and Telc

    so both might be favourites in different ways if i had to pick something
    leaping up into the air getting juiced up beyond belief

  36. ISO #36
    Loser Beck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Where it's at!
    Posts
    24,146
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    NovoCiv
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by billymills (#24)
    what do you enjoy about mafia?
    i love how it's a live, interactive puzzle with humour and inside jokes, played with friends

    it's just so many awesome things all in one

    above anything else it's always a challenge and is impossible to master -- you see some of the best players still die in embarrassing ways and despite being so ego-driven is humbling all the same
    leaping up into the air getting juiced up beyond belief

  37. ISO #37
    Loser Beck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Where it's at!
    Posts
    24,146
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    NovoCiv
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemist1422 (#29)
    Favorite legendary Pokémon?
    hmmm, if i had to pick one, probably Azelf. i love his design, simple but interesting, he embodies willpower, and had a great story arc especially in Platinum. plus their battle theme is awesome. second favourite is probably Latios.

    i love all three lake guardians, but as a collective i think Gen 3 has the best legendaries, being the Regi's, Latios/Latias, and the elementals -- a combination of amazing mechanics, amazing design, and amazing story, respectively
    leaping up into the air getting juiced up beyond belief

  38. ISO #38
    JAMES MCCLOWN Frog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    22,600
    Community
    murdermystery@gmail
    Gender
    What you see before you, Beck, is a life choice.

    The most skilled omelette chef in the world has been asked to do the impossible

    Source high-quality ingredients, employ advanced omelette making methods, and create...these two omelettes.

    You can have but one though, and it should be noted that they taste completely different.

    I thought I'd split them between us, seeing as they were made so carefully and are so very, very special.

    If you eat one, you simply cannot - must not - eat the other.

    Should you eat both, a pair of ingredients - one in each omelette - will combine to poison you.

    Making this choice means you will not be able to taste the second omelette...ever.

    No matter what I tell you, you'll never know which one tasted best.

    And if you are underwhelmed by your choice, you'll regret your decision forever.

  39. ISO #39
    Loser Beck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Where it's at!
    Posts
    24,146
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    NovoCiv
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by PunchyTheCat (#31)
    whats your favorite role

    host or player

    whats the most imbalenced setup you've played in
    vanilla wolf!

    favourite host is definitely @UncleDynamite, what he does with ww is unparalleled and his understanding of game mechanics, from the simple to the most advanced (just look at any HP mash he's hosted), is insane -- he definitely knows this already because i tell him all of the time lol

    favourite players are probably @Apoc and @Panther, ive known them on MU since the beginning and i have a lot of respect for how they play the game and who they are as people. they're both wicked smart and approach their reads in super unique ways, are very skilled in both alignments, but are super enjoyable and fun to play with too -- i feel like nowadays you get one or the other, but both of these dudes share the best of what ww has to offer

    most imbalanced setup?

    this game: https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums...ht=LordJvK+wwe

    im sure @bopolis can attest lol

    i was shot D1 as a wolf and have never raged so hard from a game

    bless Lord's well-oiled mustaches but this game single-handedly spurred the invention of the Green Game Managers we know today
    leaping up into the air getting juiced up beyond belief

  40. ISO #40
    Top ten 90s songs not done by Beck?

  41. ISO #41
    Wants It Most Apoc's Avatar Game Manager
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Sharing opinions nobody asked for
    Posts
    36,333
    Gender
    Are you excited for FF7 remake?

  42. ISO #42
    Loser Beck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Where it's at!
    Posts
    24,146
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    NovoCiv
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#34)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beck (#22)
    @Ampharos -- When you say Generations of Pokemon, do you mean regions (like, Gold & Silver and HGSS count as one generation, G2) or do you mean installments (like, HGSS and DPPt count as one generation, G4)? My ratings depend on this.
    let's say the former
    okokokok pressure is on



    id agree, sorting by geographical generation makes the most sense to me

    7 - Pokemon X & Pokemon Y, Kalos
    - Kalos' saving grace is its diversity of Pokemon available early and throughout the game. Otherwise I found its region map to be confusing and unnecessarily circular, and its biomes predictable. The game lacked vibrancy for me. And its new Pokemon was a weak class.
    6 - Pokemon Sun & Pokemon Moon / Pokemon Ultra Sun & Pokemon Ultra Moon, Aloha
    - A fine game by most standards, it fixed in many ways what X&Y got wrong. But the departure from Gyms felt forced and never quite right. I saw the villain's plot coming from a mile away. And the introduction of Ultra-Beasts bothers me to this day.
    5 - Pokemon Red, Blue, & Yellow / Pokemon FireRed & Pokemon LeafGreen, Kanto
    - Absolute classic, gems of games. FRLG capitalized and the tried and true formula RBY introduced and will forever be one of my favourite entries in the franchise. Some of my fondest memories as a child are me curled up in the back of my car on a long roadtrip challenging the Indigo Plateau. Unfortunately Kanto suffers from a lack of type-diversity and a stale plot.
    4 - Pokemon Black, White, & Pokemon Black 2, White 2, Unova
    - If I was ranking Pokemon games by my time spent playing competitively, B&W would rank at the top. Best meta-game ever, building weather teams and counters was awesome. As a game, these were one of my favourites. They got animated pixels so right and the characters for the first time felt involved and real in ways they hadn't in previous installments. I also loved the fresh take on a new set of 150. My biggest gripe is how linear the region's map was.
    3 - Pokemon Gold, Silver, & Crystal / Pokemon HeartGold & Pokemon SoulSilver, Johto
    - HGSS are near perfect games. The graphical update made Pokemon's original sequal vibrant and lively and the game made the most of everything Kanto got right but not quite complete. 250+ Pokemon to pick through as well as the additions of Steel and Dark-typing balanced the game in much-needed areas.
    2 - Pokemon Diamond, Pearl, & Platinum, Sinnoh
    - Platinum ranks in my Top 5 video games of all time. It is brilliant. The graphics are smooth, the user-interface is clean and colourful, the selection of Pokemon is fantastic, and the new introductions remain some of my favourites (Empoleon, Staraptor, Drifblim, Garchomp, Weavile, Gliscor, Gallade, Togekiss, Dusknoir?! AMAZING!). The game does a phenomenal job of pacing and the characters are all interesting and intwertwined. Barry is one of my favourite rivals and Team Galactic is funny, goofy, yet fights for an existential, warped goal -- which I found to be a lot of fun. Platinum houses some of my favourite legendaries. It also created a vertical environment that was so fun to explore, on a Nintendo DS no-less. I'm eagerly awaiting remakes but hope GameFreak doesn't $#@! it up.
    1 - Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, & Emerald / Pokemon Omega Ruby & Pokemon Alpha Sapphire, Hoenn
    - Pokemon Emerald is ONE OF THE BEST GAMES OF ALL TIME. And ORAS took a fantastic installment and made it even better, graphically and mechanically (it wasn't until G4 that move-types were broken down into Physical v. Special, which was game changing). Ruby & Sapphire were the first games that I owned and I still have them in my nightstand drawer. They forged my love for the Pokemon franchise as well as video games in general. The Pokemon selection is pristine and the variety in biomes has yet to be matched. The characters are fun and light and the plot is amazing. I miss the dual-villain teams and all of the goofy trouble they brought with them. RSE hit a sweet-spot for Pokemon where it was old enough to get right everything it didn't the previous two generations, but not so established or on superior hardware that it strayed from the basics. Generation 3 may very-well be the best generation of Pokemon we will ever see.
    leaping up into the air getting juiced up beyond belief

  43. ISO #43
    Loser Beck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Where it's at!
    Posts
    24,146
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    NovoCiv
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Frog (#38)
    What you see before you, Beck, is a life choice.

    The most skilled omelette chef in the world has been asked to do the impossible

    Source high-quality ingredients, employ advanced omelette making methods, and create...these two omelettes.

    You can have but one though, and it should be noted that they taste completely different.

    I thought I'd split them between us, seeing as they were made so carefully and are so very, very special.

    If you eat one, you simply cannot - must not - eat the other.

    Should you eat both, a pair of ingredients - one in each omelette - will combine to poison you.

    Making this choice means you will not be able to taste the second omelette...ever.

    No matter what I tell you, you'll never know which one tasted best.

    And if you are underwhelmed by your choice, you'll regret your decision forever.
    I pick Omelette A!

    (Did I make the right choice?)
    leaping up into the air getting juiced up beyond belief

  44. ISO #44
    Loser Beck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Where it's at!
    Posts
    24,146
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    NovoCiv
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoc (#41)
    Are you excited for FF7 remake?
    If I told you I've never played a FF game, would you be disappointed? I have no impression of the series other than Cloud's inclusion in SSB.

    Would you recommend I start with the remake?
    leaping up into the air getting juiced up beyond belief

  45. ISO #45
    Loser Beck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Where it's at!
    Posts
    24,146
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    NovoCiv
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonFox (#40)
    Top ten 90s songs not done by Beck?
    Goo Goo Dolls - Iris (1998)
    Sixpence None the Richer - Kiss Me (1997)
    Third Eye Blind - How's It Going to Be (1997)
    Alanis Morrisette - Iconic (1995)
    Smash Mouth - All Star (1999)
    Sugar Ray - Fly (1997)
    Nirvana - In Bloom (1991)
    Weezer - Undone-The Sweater Song (1994)
    Matchbox Twenty - 3am (1996)
    The Smashing Pumpkins - Today (1993)

    No particular order. This just has some of the ones in my most recently played list. But as I look at it I already see I've left off some amazing stuff. 10 songs from the 90's just isn't enough.
    leaping up into the air getting juiced up beyond belief

  46. ISO #46
    2016 Mafia Champion Whiskeyjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    5,815
    Community
    Westeros
    Gender
    What's your level of confidence in the Patriots this year? Any concern about Brady in terms of age, losing Gronk/Gordon, etc?

    Also - I know you like Switch games, but do you play on any other systems? Favorite playstation/xbox games from the last 10 years?

  47. ISO #47
    Soul Reader PunchyTheCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    4,511
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    The Bell Tree Forums
    AKA
    Poncho/Panchy/Pinchy/Lunchy/Brian
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    what is your biggest regret in mafia

    do you prefer being host or player
    I like mashes

  48. ISO #48
    Soul Reader JMurder3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    4,096
    Timezone
    UTC-08:00
    Community
    POG
    Gender
    If you were to happen to possess 6 rings, & then acquired a 7th ring, upon which finger would you place the 7th ring?
    Last edited by JMurder3; August 14th, 2019 at 01:54 AM.

  49. ISO #49
    Straight White Male wiggles1993's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    30,793
    Timezone
    UTC±00:00
    Community
    DailyMafia
    AKA
    The Potato King
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by JMurder3 (#48)
    If you were to happen to possess 6 rings, & then acquired a 7th ring, upon which finger would you place the 7th ring?
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

  50. ISO #50
    Wants It Most Apoc's Avatar Game Manager
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Sharing opinions nobody asked for
    Posts
    36,333
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Beck (#44)
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoc (#41)
    Are you excited for FF7 remake?
    If I told you I've never played a FF game, would you be disappointed? I have no impression of the series other than Cloud's inclusion in SSB.

    Would you recommend I start with the remake?
    I dont see why not

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Keyboard Shortcuts

about us
Mafia Universe is a community hub for people who enjoy playing the forum variant of Mafia (also known as Werewolf). We offer fully automated Mafia games and a wide variety of customized features crafted to optimize your game experience. We also proudly host the Internet's only database of Mafia/Werewolf communities.

We hope you stick around!
Role of the Day
Proxy

The Proxy will each night receive the results to the investigation made on that night by the Amnesiac Cop.