Page 132 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134 LastLast
Results 6,551 to 6,600 of 6686

Thread: Season 6, Wildcard Game 2: MafiaCon on Celeste Mountain [The Mafia Championship]

1. ISO #6551
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    Boardgamegeek
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Quote Originally Posted by silver (#4815)
    If we lose this game, this will be inscribed on the Tombstone

Quote Originally Posted by shawnad2006 (#4244)
    There is nothing that scummy about not having many scum reads.
    Scum can easily make scum reads, if they are moderately competent.

2. ISO #6552
    If I ever play this format every again and I roll town, I'm pushing massclaim hard on D1. There's no way it can be worse than the constant town massacre.

3. ISO #6553
    Wants It Most Apoc's Avatar Game Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by mendel (#6547)
    D3 is too late for massclaim, the qualifiers have shown that.
    D1 mass claim can maybe get town to stop falling over themselves, and help ppl use their roles effectively, but I dunno. The NK was actually super obvious in its agenda if you can step back, but after 4 days of reading this game, I know I couldnt have done it
    i was under the impression mass claims had never been done at all

Clearly i needed to do my homework. Lol

Would definitely say it didnt help us here.

$#@!ing hell, getting logic to pick a single target was way harder than expected. Nevermind then planning other actions and tracks and JKs around it.

The only thing more infuriating than that EoD was the next morning

4. ISO #6554
    Quote Originally Posted by shawnad2006 (#6551)
    Quote Originally Posted by silver (#4815)
    If we lose this game, this will be inscribed on the Tombstone

Quote Originally Posted by shawnad2006 (#4244)
    There is nothing that scummy about not having many scum reads.
    Scum can easily make scum reads, if they are moderately competent.
    You should have let me tunnel Spiny!!

5. ISO #6555

I dont have the heart to figure it out. Maybe in 6 months i'll decide to revisit

Glgl friends

6. ISO #6556
    Where did it go so wrong...

I dont have the heart to figure it out. Maybe in 6 months i'll decide to revisit

Glgl friends
    I ofc mean, other than half the thread deciding to tunnel one person per day and refuse to entertain other lynches...

SoD2 was lookin good!

7. ISO #6557
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by shawnad2006 (#1884)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beck (#1858)
    my issue with shawna’s “well there could be bussers” thought is not that she’s wrong... she could be right

she may even be right

but it’s not a difficult or unique thought to have, is my concern

w/o a specific name or suggesting it’s unfettered tinfoil and that being the primary thought of hers today in light of a wolf flip seems misplaced, if that makes sense
    That's a reasonable concern. Something I understand more than just what seemed to be thinking I was scum trying to make people paranoia. That's would be super lazy scum, which I'm not.

I didn't bother naming names at first cause I don't actually think we should tin foil there, so it doesn't matter. Distorted then asked me to name names though, so I did. Shrug.

I find wolves best by POE- establishing people I trust and looking at who hasn't made that cut.
    My town circle so far is...
    Roro
    Yog
    Silver

Apoc
    Distorted
    RE
    Logic

So that leave my wolf pool at:
    Batman
    Beck
    Ink
    Keldeo
    Mist
    Spiny
    Knights

Hopefully my reads aren't totally $#@!ed this game, and there are 3 wolves there.
    reddening by me

8. ISO #6558
    Timezone
    Community
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoc (#6555)
    Where did it go so wrong...

Glgl friends
    I ofc mean, other than half the thread deciding to tunnel one person per day and refuse to entertain other lynches...

SoD2 was lookin good!
    the three wagons mid-D2 were triple town, and this is the closest D2 came to lynching scum, I think?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafia Host (#3846)
    Season 6, Wildcard Game 2: MafiaCon on Celeste Mountain [The Mafia Championship] Day 2 Votecount

Votes Target Voters (Posts in Phase)
    6 BATMAN yogsloth (97), Mistreya (27), Keldeo (45), roro__b (202), silver (127), RE1031 (63)
    5 Spiny Creature Beck (229), Logic (123), BATMAN (167), Distorted (212), inkarnit (133)
    1 Mistreya Spiny Creature (96)
    3 Not voting theknightsofneeee (209), shawnad2006 (117), Apoc (258)

View Vote History

End day at majority is enabled. With 15 players alive, it takes 8 votes to reach majority.

Day 2 ends at 8:00 PM EDT on Thursday, August 29th, 2019. There are 1567123260000 remaining.

Requested by roro__b at 0 days, 0 hours, 5 minutes, 6 seconds remaining.

9. ISO #6559
    Timezone
    UTC-08:00

10. ISO #6560
    Timezone
    there only being one wolf on that batman wagon is a travesty

11. ISO #6561
    Quote Originally Posted by mendel (#6558)
    the three wagons mid-D2 were triple town, and this is the closest D2 came to lynching scum, I think?
    ya but my reads were 4/6 and i made the spiny wagon

12. ISO #6562
    I think i over adjusted when batman flipped town

I should have just kept trucking along like he never flipped

13. ISO #6563
    Timezone
    UTC-04:00
    Community
    Mafia Colosseum
    AKA
    SleepingTerror
    Biggest mistake was not moving onto Spiny Day 2 after she refused to claim. I knew that was a scum move but couldn't get over my own read of her.
    Lots of things I wished I did but didn't have the energy to. I wish I pushed Keldeo and Beck harder for towmreading each other when in Keldeo's case that shouldn't have been a valid read. Logic shouldn't have been lynched, I just wanted an easy catch after 2 mislynches and 2 misfires and didn't consider the other world rationally.
    I just love how I can gain confidence after I die.

Wp scum team.

14. ISO #6564
    Also i said START of day 2

Then you listed all the bad things in mid and end fay 2

Lool

15. ISO #6565
    Timezone
    Community
    The Cave of Dragonflies
    AKA
    Eifie

Town Keldeo doesn't say "$#@!".

16. ISO #6566
    Timezone
    Community
    Boardgamegeek
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Quote Originally Posted by silver (#6477)
    @shawnad2006 can we be happy together that we were both reading each other correctly?

17. ISO #6567
    Timezone
    Community
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoc (#6561)
    Also i said START of day 2

Then you listed all the bad things in mid and end fay 2

Lool
    roro could have been there, shawna would have been there, you would be there, that's 8 votes, get someone to join to counteract Beck switching (if he dares) and actually lynch Spiny, and the wolves are two down. D2 came very close to be a town goal with that Spiny wagon, but town lacked the cohesion to lock it in. I wonder how much a difference BATMAN being BATMAN made here (though he kinda was obvtown).

18. ISO #6568
    Community
    NAmafia (formerly NAdota)
    AKA
    fluffy rabbit

@bbt @Keldeo @Trustworthy Liberal

Ode to Four

He's rooting out Despair and Bringing Hope
    The Lib'ral comes to save the world again
    More Bright, more Pure, and Cooler than the Pope
    His watchful eyes could bring Hyena's bane

The Wolf who made two Town jump out of Planes
    Endgaming here, but fearkilled on night two
    And your alignment here drove me insane
    I prayed that you're a wolf or I was screwed

And bbt who brought me to this mess
    I think I caught your gamble-ing disease
    You crushed your enemies in all your bets
    Somehow you made it look like such a breeze

TL and Keldeo and bbt
    The Gods who prove that Four is more than Three

19. ISO #6569
    Timezone
    Community
    Kongregate

Look up 1610 on the wiki if you don't recognize it.

wc1 had Benson, the wc2 scum pet is Max:

20. ISO #6570
    Community
    Dominion Strategy Forum
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoc (#6549)
    Quote Originally Posted by mendel (#6548)

G4 Team
    notquitethere NKed
    Distorted lynched
    Apoc vigged
    roro__b endgamed
    That's a bingo

21. ISO #6571
    Community
    Dominion Strategy Forum
    Pronouns
    I didn't do many things well this game, but I think I was correct about a claiming order increasing our chances in the endgame. If the team had been shawna/squigs/Keldeo or something like that, it could have at least bought us a day, even if roro would have voted for me over squigs

22. ISO #6572
    Community
    AKA
    fluffy rabbit
    Quote Originally Posted by yogsloth (#6525)
    All I can say is that I will absolutely defend the batman and distorted lynches. They were both the correct lynches at the time, as neither player was capable of town-siding. I knew the game was lost the moment Distorted flipped, green, though.

Had I been alive the next day I would have been equally adamant about lynching the Misty slot for the same reasons.
    i really don't like this mindset

spiny was lynchable d2. people were capable of finding keldeo and beck. hell, mistreya, the slot you wanted to essentially policy lynch, along with re, actually sussed keldeo more than the rest of the game put together.

flailing villagers are sortable. wolves are lynchable even with flailing villagers in your village. and i don't even agree with "neither player was capable of town-siding." if you can lynch batman and distorted despite the protestations of shawna, you guys can lynch wolves despite the protestations of some pocketed villagers.

idk this whole mindset of "lynch the most antitown (subjective) villagers and blame them if theyre not wolves" is just gross. hate it. you're capping your own skill ceiling with this attitude.

23. ISO #6573
    Timezone
    Community
    Boardgamegeek
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    All I can say is that I will absolutely defend the batman and distorted lynches. They were both the correct lynches at the time, as neither player was capable of town-siding. I knew the game was lost the moment Distorted flipped, green, though.

Had I been alive the next day I would have been equally adamant about lynching the Misty slot for the same reasons.

spiny was lynchable d2. people were capable of finding keldeo and beck. hell, mistreya, the slot you wanted to essentially policy lynch, along with re, actually sussed keldeo more than the rest of the game put together.

flailing villagers are sortable. wolves are lynchable even with flailing villagers in your village. and i don't even agree with "neither player was capable of town-siding." if you can lynch batman and distorted despite the protestations of shawna, you guys can lynch wolves despite the protestations of some pocketed villagers.

idk this whole mindset of "lynch the most antitown (subjective) villagers and blame them if theyre not wolves" is just gross. hate it. you're capping your own skill ceiling with this attitude.
    I didn't defend BATMAN, despite having doubts there.
    #regrets

Sorry @BATMAN.

24. ISO #6574
    Community
    Dominion Strategy Forum
    Pronouns
    Quote Originally Posted by iaafr (#6572)

I think the question that matters is, "in all future situations that seem similar, what will be the right move most of the time?" The tricky part is the "similar" thing, opinions will diverge there. But it's conceivable that people who behave like Batman or Distorted are scum most of the time.

In this case, I happen to not think so, at least not with regard to Distorted. But it's not a priori impossible. Sometimes you make a move that loses but was nonetheless correct. Everyone who plays poker knows that.

25. ISO #6575
    Community
    AKA
    fluffy rabbit
    Quote Originally Posted by silver (#6574)

I think the question that matters is, "in all future situations that seem similar, what will be the right move most of the time?" The tricky part is the "similar" thing, opinions will diverge there. But it's conceivable that people who behave like Batman or Distorted are scum most of the time.

In this case, I happen to not think so, at least not with regard to Distorted. But it's not a priori impossible. Sometimes you make a move that loses but was nonetheless correct. Everyone who plays poker knows that.
    this is one part of the picture yeah. i mean i personally think batm and distorted were both sortable as villagers, as i personally managed to sort them both correctly (batman confident villager from mid d1, didn't doubt myself, distorted confident villager from d2 onward, didn't ever doubt myself after making the read).

but more importantly than the ability to read slots like this is to not treat days like some player in this sort of position is the designated and mandatory lynch. any gamestate where it feels like the lynch is inevitable gives wolves more freedom to distance and theater without consequences because they know they aren't getting lynched (e.g., beck voting spiny d2). and the whole situation is demoralizing villagers who don't agree with the mandatory lynch. i think it goes beyond "you can learn to individually read these types of slots" and there's a deeper lesson in "you should try to avoid creating these mandatory lynch gamestates."

26. ISO #6576
    Soul Reader Trustworthy Liberal's Avatar
    Timezone
    Community
    Dangan Werewolf
    AKA
    Ultimate Lucky Student
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    forgive my lameness

@bbt @Keldeo @Trustworthy Liberal

Ode to Four

He's rooting out Despair and Bringing Hope
    The Lib'ral comes to save the world again
    More Bright, more Pure, and Cooler than the Pope
    His watchful eyes could bring Hyena's bane

The Wolf who made two Town jump out of Planes
    Endgaming here, but fearkilled on night two
    And your alignment here drove me insane
    I prayed that you're a wolf or I was screwed

And bbt who brought me to this mess
    I think I caught your gamble-ing disease
    You crushed your enemies in all your bets
    Somehow you made it look like such a breeze

TL and Keldeo and bbt
    The Gods who prove that Four is more than Three
    Thanks for that (Even if it's ment as a joke) hopefully next year i'll be more creditable and be able to lunch the person i call our as wolf just maybe

27. ISO #6577
    weh SmartBomb's Avatar Moderator
    Community
    Neoseeker
    AKA
    owned, Mikan

Good words.

As I was following the game some of the villagers who were the most accurate ended up being - Distorted, Mistreya, and Squigs off the top of my head, though I can and will plead inaccuracy in that regard. To call these people unable to townside makes me scratch my head when they were closer to catching wolves than the majority of villagers were. Obviously you can argue that they were scummy but there's certainly no absolute barometer of scumminess and their alignment is as flipped, so.

That's... yeah that's all for now.

Congratulations to the wolfteam! I'll get ending flavour set up in a while.

28. ISO #6578
    Community
    Dominion Strategy Forum
    Pronouns
    Quote Originally Posted by iaafr (#6575)
    Quote Originally Posted by silver (#6574)

this is one part of the picture yeah. i mean i personally think batm and distorted were both sortable as villagers, as i personally managed to sort them both correctly (batman confident villager from mid d1, didn't doubt myself, distorted confident villager from d2 onward, didn't ever doubt myself after making the read).

but more importantly than the ability to read slots like this is to not treat days like some player in this sort of position is the designated and mandatory lynch. any gamestate where it feels like the lynch is inevitable gives wolves more freedom to distance and theater without consequences because they know they aren't getting lynched (e.g., beck voting spiny d2). and the whole situation is demoralizing villagers who don't agree with the mandatory lynch. i think it goes beyond "you can learn to individually read these types of slots" and there's a deeper lesson in "you should try to avoid creating these mandatory lynch gamestates."
    Yeah, can't disagree with you there.

29. ISO #6579
    Community
    Neoseeker
    AKA
    owned, Mikan
    Commiserations to the villagers who absolutely tried and played their hearts out, they just didn't get there.

I could write an essay on the flavour and I might. But I certainly, certainly want to thank @Stanari for her advice especially with Night 0 flavour where she offered a lot of suggestions on how to structute, format, the flavour etc. The flavour is dedicated to those who perished on the climb, but especially the friends who have basically retired because they no longer want or hate climbing these mountains, instead having to scale much more terrifying mountains of their own. Not everything has to be #a-bad-time.

Anyways this is a mafia game, not a mountain! Get back to the postgame, SB.

30. ISO #6580
    Community
    Gamefaqs
    This was certainly a very rough game for certain townies who did try to steer town in the right direction, but had a really tough time of it because of certain players with divisive styles leading to those "default" lynches, and then an unfortunate vig shot leading to an (again) hard-to-resist "policy" lynch.

While it's easy to look at this game and say the town bungled everything, I do have a lot of respect for the townies who tried to fight against those lynches, and maybe if they had gotten their way, they could have narrowed down the scumteam a bit more.

Congrats again to the wolves, fantastic game.

31. ISO #6581
    Community
    Dominion Strategy Forum
    Pronouns
    Eh, I'm pretty sure "don't go with the default lynch" is not the correct take-home message. That just seems like hindsight bias. I bet there's been another game on MU universe where there were two days in a row with a "default lynch" who was scum, and town ended up convincing themselves to vote for someone else, and then after the game someone said "props to the town people who stuck to the default lynch instead of being clever"

32. ISO #6582
    Community
    AKA
    fluffy rabbit
    Quote Originally Posted by silver (#6581)
    Eh, I'm pretty sure "don't go with the default lynch" is not the correct take-home message. That just seems like hindsight bias. I bet there's been another game on MU universe where there were two days in a row with a "default lynch" who was scum, and town ended up convincing themselves to vote for someone else, and then after the game someone said "props to the town people who stuck to the default lynch instead of being clever"
    yeah, i think i agree with this. in the end the most pertinent advice is still probably "just dont lynch villagers and just lynch wolves lol"

everything else is situational

though i feel like there might be a bit of finessing possible from making the lynch seem more competitive than it is as a villager who actually wants a "default lynch" to go through, but it's probably a very inexact science and something that could easily backfire

33. ISO #6583
    Community
    Gamefaqs
    No, you are right silver. I would rather just not view any lynch as a default.

34. ISO #6584
    Community
    AKA
    fluffy rabbit

ggwp wolves, very dominant performance, it's very rare that i see 3 wolves endgame who were essentially all consensus towncore for the majority of the game. might review this game to improve my own wolfgame in some ways.

good try villagers, there was a lot going against you, and i don't blame any of you for getting owned by the aforementioned dominant wolf performance. many moments of great play if we're not being results oriented.

thanks for the host smartbomb, good flavor, nice a e s t h e t i c, good to have you around :thinking: us in spec chat while we tried to solve.

35. ISO #6585
    Timezone
    Community
    Bulbagarden
    AKA
    Your top scumread
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself

36. ISO #6586
    Timezone
    Community
    Hattrick
    AKA
    dobby
    Pronouns
    it/it/its/its/itself
    I've submitted my votes now, and I'd like to talk a bit about what I am looking at.

The scum trio was insanely good, no doubt about it. They controlled town and the pace of the game. @Keldeo had an ability of being utr for me all game so I couldn't really suspect him until it was too late. @Beck was just out there, super genuine in his plays and posts and just hands down impressive performance. @Spiny Creature turned out to be Slimy, but had her high effort posts and a tone that felt super pure, I'm sticking to that. I had some doubts about d2, but again, the way you guys steered the thread we were all your puppets.

Town, gg guys, but we never got there. We didnt work together and it showed. I am not going to look at who had correct reads early, because those are just suspicions and I'm sure I had most people as top scum at some point. I'll be looking at who played the best as town imo, meaning flexibility, ability to see alternative worlds, pushes and answering to pushes, interactions, tone (because it does matter if you are a $#@! or not in communicating with townspeople.) among other things.

First of all, again, @silver @shawnad2006 sorry for being so tunneled on you guys. With the way the game went it all made sense, and by the last 2 days it was just too late and I couldn't afford changing my world view. I almost let go of my suspicions but they came back hard for the last day.

@Logic I feel you mate, you tried, and you did a great job. Tinfoiling onto apoc wasnt weird at all. It makes sense, and I really liked the way you played the game. @Apoc big name, big responsibilities, you also tried hard, and I'm feeling you played a really solid game. I'd love to discuss this game with you afterwards when it's all cooled down a little.

@Distorted @notquitethere my mvps from g4 - again a short game for nqt which sucks, and will probably be overshadowed by the wolf win. Dont forget about him. Distorted, again, you're a great player, and you turned out to be more correct than town was.

Re, yog, inkarnit, squigs, neeee, carson. Solid performances from all of you even though we didnt always agree. Especially squigs with the sub into a $#@!ty situation on a scumread slot. You did great, and admirable effort to get into it.

Oh and @BATMAN sorry I failed in being a bro as well..

Gg all

37. ISO #6587
    Timezone
    UTC+10:00
    Community
    The Syndicate
    AKA
    Mac

38. ISO #6588
    Timezone
    Community
    The Cave of Dragonflies
    AKA
    Eifie
    Quote Originally Posted by Macdougall (#6587)
    Keldeo I am a fan.
    your avatar says otherwise smh

39. ISO #6589
    Community
    PTP(RIP), 2+2
    AKA
    BATM!

You just can't win with Townies that don't Town, especially in a setup as laughably wolf-sided as this one has proven to be.

That doesn't take away from the excellent game from the wolves, and I expect all three of you to advance. Congrats, and good luck in the finals.
    Haha what a loser.

40. ISO #6590
    Community
    PTP(RIP), 2+2
    AKA
    BATM!
    Quote Originally Posted by silver (#6523)
    Yeah, that. Sorry @Logic if I came across as rude.

So I take it that you actually thought I could be yog's peek?
    @silver
    You did, but Mafia can be stressful, and I know I come across as rude all the time. I hope I didn't annoy you too much, or come across as rude myself. I have no hard feelings towards anyone.

I did think you could be Yog's peek. I was also swayed by your last minute "NO!" when I announced you were my likely shot. I took it to be slightly townie.

It wasn't until after I died that I thought that the best hero-shot I should have taken would have been Keldeo, for shootuing someone on Yog's peek list.
    ------
    @BATMAN

I'd like to apologize for the Dwight gif. It was meant to be a joke in the moment, and instantly after posting it, I felt regret, like I was calling you and anyone that agreed with you an idiot. It wasn't meant that way, but I can understand how it could easily be taken that way.
    (Also, it has not aged well.)
    U won’t offend me no worries. Lol

41. ISO #6591
    Community
    PTP(RIP), 2+2
    AKA
    BATM!
    Quote Originally Posted by LordQuas (#6560)
    there only being one wolf on that batman wagon is a travesty

No this town was a travesty. Lol
    Spiny should have been the lynch. Well played wolves all 7 of you

42. ISO #6592
    Community
    PTP(RIP), 2+2
    AKA
    BATM!
    Quote Originally Posted by shawnad2006 (#6573)

I didn't defend BATMAN, despite having doubts there.
    #regrets

Sorry @BATMAN.
    Np. You had a good game at first then just folded. I enjoyed playing with u.
    Next time, you live and you learn.

43. ISO #6593
    Community
    PTP(RIP), 2+2
    AKA
    BATM!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mill Crab (#6500)
    GG wolves. What a wild game.

Shout out to Beck trolling specchat by pinging roro and Keldeo
    It was funny and I said right away beck and roro never wolfs together lol.

We can make votes public after and not before is over right?

44. ISO #6594
    Community
    PTP(RIP), 2+2
    AKA
    BATM!
    Masterful. Thanks for being a level headed player and defending me there lol. Bought you many town points.
    I was rooting for wolves. You and Keldeo played good.

45. ISO #6595
    Community
    ToS
    AKA
    Chem, Mist, Roxas, Wind
    Quote Originally Posted by SmartBomb (#6579)
    Commiserations to the villagers who absolutely tried and played their hearts out, they just didn't get there.

I could write an essay on the flavour and I might. But I certainly, certainly want to thank @Stanari for her advice especially with Night 0 flavour where she offered a lot of suggestions on how to structute, format, the flavour etc. The flavour is dedicated to those who perished on the climb, but especially the friends who have basically retired because they no longer want or hate climbing these mountains, instead having to scale much more terrifying mountains of their own. Not everything has to be #a-bad-time.

Anyways this is a mafia game, not a mountain! Get back to the postgame, SB.
    flavor was amazing

I was rooting for the game to go to F3 so we could read more of it

46. ISO #6596
    GG mafia team! Very well played!

47. ISO #6597
    Community
    Neoseeker
    AKA
    owned, Mikan
    Chapter 5: The Summit

Madeline was silent for another day as she watched everyone followed the newly-furious Adeline into what people usually called "LYLO".

"Look. We're not skipping out on this. Theo is a wolf."

"We are not rushing into this. Once you point at someone, you can't take it back. And if Theo isn't a wolf we need to sit down and give ourselves the best chance of winning."

"But Theo is a wolf. Whatever, do what you want."

Madeline stirred.

This isn't right.

You shouldn't be doing this.

I have to stop this. This is so bad......

"Um, excuse me..."

Heads turned to Madeline again. To say Adeline didn't really expect this was a lie, but she was exaasperated anyways.

"I... I still don't want Theo lynched. I... kind of think he's right."

"Oh? How so?" Adeline spat out the words with vigour.

"Look. Listen to me. I think, that he is probably the first member of the team. Let me explain...."

As she talked, the young teenager kept protesting more and more against Madeline's accusations. To Adeline's surprise, though...

"Hm. God, I've been pocketed this entire game."

"no this isn't real lmao stop"

"No. I think she's right."

To everyone's surprise, he pointed at his friend and partner.

---

The reaction was immediate. Madeline, Adeline, and Theo pointed their hands at the accused, sealing a victim for the mafia team. Which was, of course.

"what"

"Man. Well played."

The villagers all offered their congratulations to the teammates remaining. The last wolf, the one that was lynched day 1, returned back to the room, where Madeline learned that no, he wasn't actually mad, and he was rooting for them all the way. That relieved a lot of her stress, though Adeline wasn't having any of it.

"You know, that was a dumb thing to do. We have that Day 1 covered? Why did you even consider that?! Man."

"Hey, it worked out, right? I got her the towncred to remain unnoticed. And she managed to swing lynches off of me, so, yeah, you go!"

"Grrr. I didn't think you'd get that final lynch through though Madeline. I guess I underestimated you."

Madeline smiled. "Thanks, that means a lot."

They talked for a while, just basking in the glow of their success. It was a resounding victory for them, no matter what happened.

"So all that stuff you said..."

"Oh... Part of the game. I swear."
    "...was it?"

"..."

Theo watched Madeline quietly. He didn't know what was going on. But he could guess.

"Hey. You alright?"

"Yeah."

She smiled.

"I am a mafia player. I proved it today. I think I gave it my best shot. We'll see what everyone else thinks, but, this is how mafia is."

"Uh, Madeline, I don't think-"

"I mean, it doesn't have to be. Getting to be champion is hard though. But at least I tried to make the first step. And that's what's important."

"Well... alright. I think you can totally win this whole thing. Do you wanna go out and..."

"Yeah! I wonder if Mr Oshiro's resort has a kitchen..."

To say that she wasn't worried about the results of the voting would be a lie. But she wasn't... stressed about it this time. She did what she could.

--

As Madeline left, she heard the two dudes from the reception area quietly talk in undertones.

"I can't believe I fell for that AtE."
    "...AtE?"
    "Should I-"

...no.

Don't worry about it.

You are a mafia player.

Chapter 5 Complete

48. ISO #6598
    Timezone
    Community
    Boardgamegeek
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself

49. ISO #6599
    Timezone
    Community
    Kongregate

50. ISO #6600
    Community
    ToS
    AKA
    Chem, Mist, Roxas, Wind
    Quote Originally Posted by shawnad2006 (#6598)
    Thanks for the flavor, @SmartBomb.
    Quote Originally Posted by mendel (#6599)
    smartbomb GOAT
    so much of all of this

the flavor for this game was AMAZING i wanna go play celeste now