Page 19 of 100 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast
Results 901 to 950 of 4966

Thread: Mountainous Desperado

  1. ISO #901
    Soul Reader Paratroopa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    4,111
    Timezone
    UTC-07:00
    Community
    GameFAQs
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#896)
    mmm

    nah

    ##Vote Slimy Soab

    i've explained my thinking. i think it makes sense. it feels like you're just being intentionally obstinate here

    and the "she's just trying to get heat off without solving the game" point is bull$#@!, because i SAID that i wasn't caught up and that i was gonna look at the votes on me first. you're wolfreading me for something i SAID i was gonna do

    nah this is straight nonsense dude
    Do you actually think zack is a wolf for this or is this just frustration

  2. ISO #902
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#900)
    like iaafr's scumread on him was pretty lolparanoia but this push on me feels pretty forced

    can see a world where he felt the need to re-establish the mislynch after i came back to thread and a couple of people unvoted
    Interesting strategy for me to re-establish a lunch I'm not even voting for

  3. ISO #903
    out of touch, out of time Ampharos's Avatar Administrator
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    9,671
    Timezone
    UTC-06:00
    Community
    Smogon | Serenes Forest | EIMM
    AKA
    Amy
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Slimy Soab (#898)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#896)
    mmm

    nah

    ##Vote Slimy Soab

    i've explained my thinking. i think it makes sense. it feels like you're just being intentionally obstinate here

    and the "she's just trying to get heat off without solving the game" point is bull$#@!, because i SAID that i wasn't caught up and that i was gonna look at the votes on me first. you're wolfreading me for something i SAID i was gonna do

    nah this is straight nonsense dude
    I'll just point out that lashing out at someone pushing you is one of the easiest things to do as a wolf

    And that your read is silly.
    if it's so easy, why did i not decide to do that with psycho's push? you seem to think that one was pretty reachy. surely if i was scum it would be pretty easy to find reasons to scumread that

    like... if i'm scum, what's my angle on townreading that and scumreading this?

    and your face is silly (but so is mine so that's ok. body positivity is $#@!ing hard dude)

  4. ISO #904
    out of touch, out of time Ampharos's Avatar Administrator
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    9,671
    Timezone
    UTC-06:00
    Community
    Smogon | Serenes Forest | EIMM
    AKA
    Amy
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Paratroopa (#901)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#896)
    mmm

    nah

    ##Vote Slimy Soab

    i've explained my thinking. i think it makes sense. it feels like you're just being intentionally obstinate here

    and the "she's just trying to get heat off without solving the game" point is bull$#@!, because i SAID that i wasn't caught up and that i was gonna look at the votes on me first. you're wolfreading me for something i SAID i was gonna do

    nah this is straight nonsense dude
    Do you actually think zack is a wolf for this or is this just frustration
    por que no los dos

    but for real like

    there's only so many times i can reword my thoughts before said thoughts being said to not make sense starts to smell funny

  5. ISO #905
    GOAT Tier Chemist1422's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    14,500
    Community
    ToS
    AKA
    Chem, Mist, Roxas, Wind
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Paratroopa (#827)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mill Crab (#673)
    Page 12

    Question for @Paratroopa

    Quote Originally Posted by Paratroopa (#553)
    Quote Originally Posted by 112 (#552)
    Lol I'm sorry. I got home and just wanted to write something.

    I'll give you a serious response if you want one. I just don't like to spend time defending things I said bit don't even remembering saying because Im legally a goldfish.
    town ping
    Meh, I guess I see the dgaf attitude that I assume is pinging you? I'm still not really digging what I've seen from 112 though because they've been pushing on one of my stronger town reads (Ranmilia) in a way that doesn't feel genuine. I may just need to stare at their ISO and make sure I'm not tunneling, but it just doesn't feel right to me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Slimy Soab (#561)
    Quote Originally Posted by Visorslash (#559)
    Hi zack, what's crackin'
    my posts are kind of bad and i don't care to rectify the situation even as i gaze wistfully at the n1 kill falling out of my grasp

    I have a dank wolf soulread on amy
    inb4 Zack laying cover for why he's still around because he's a wolf.

    I still think he's town.


    Quote Originally Posted by iaafr (#584)
    actually eh ranmilia could still be a wolf

    some pretty impressive stuff in the chemist townread but its not like unfakeable stuff and the dels case feels reachy in a scum-fabricating-a-towncase-way after all

    so yeah ranmilia and ampharos wagons final answer...?
    Like, I think I can see where you're coming from about Ranmilia, and this could be a situation where a wolf like DoubtingThomas is pocketing me by being super reasonable and explaining their thoughts to me, but I just can't see it right now.

    Quote Originally Posted by 112 (#593)
    ##Vote WaywardSon

    WWS and Ram imo, get me out of this

    I'm still very not convinced the former is town and think he warrants a wagon.
    But then I see a post like this, and while I'll still fight a Ran wagon I get wanting the WWS wagon and don't hate this vote.
    Just doesn't really sound like something a wolf would say
    this feels pretty vague and iirc a lot of para's posts are like this

    I'm having trouble seeing Para's thought process b/c of this kinda thing and I think it's sorta tilting me toward a wolf read

  6. ISO #906
    out of touch, out of time Ampharos's Avatar Administrator
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    9,671
    Timezone
    UTC-06:00
    Community
    Smogon | Serenes Forest | EIMM
    AKA
    Amy
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Slimy Soab (#902)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#900)
    like iaafr's scumread on him was pretty lolparanoia but this push on me feels pretty forced

    can see a world where he felt the need to re-establish the mislynch after i came back to thread and a couple of people unvoted
    Interesting strategy for me to re-establish a lunch I'm not even voting for
    you know full well i'm capable of posting myself clear

    you ALSO know full well that my villa d1 sucks

    i can easily see a world where the wolves want me mislynched today for fear of me clearing myself later on down the line

  7. ISO #907
    I don't think I have ever seen your village d1 our your village game at all so I have no idea what you're talking about

  8. ISO #908
    spec chat hero iaafr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    23,200
    Community
    NAmafia (formerly NAdota)
    AKA
    fluffy rabbit
    Gender
    i want everybodys current thoughts on ftflush tbh

  9. ISO #909
    Soul Reader Paratroopa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    4,111
    Timezone
    UTC-07:00
    Community
    GameFAQs
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemist1422 (#905)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paratroopa (#827)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mill Crab (#673)
    Page 12

    Question for @Paratroopa

    Quote Originally Posted by Paratroopa (#553)
    town ping
    Meh, I guess I see the dgaf attitude that I assume is pinging you? I'm still not really digging what I've seen from 112 though because they've been pushing on one of my stronger town reads (Ranmilia) in a way that doesn't feel genuine. I may just need to stare at their ISO and make sure I'm not tunneling, but it just doesn't feel right to me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Slimy Soab (#561)
    my posts are kind of bad and i don't care to rectify the situation even as i gaze wistfully at the n1 kill falling out of my grasp

    I have a dank wolf soulread on amy
    inb4 Zack laying cover for why he's still around because he's a wolf.

    I still think he's town.


    Quote Originally Posted by iaafr (#584)
    actually eh ranmilia could still be a wolf

    some pretty impressive stuff in the chemist townread but its not like unfakeable stuff and the dels case feels reachy in a scum-fabricating-a-towncase-way after all

    so yeah ranmilia and ampharos wagons final answer...?
    Like, I think I can see where you're coming from about Ranmilia, and this could be a situation where a wolf like DoubtingThomas is pocketing me by being super reasonable and explaining their thoughts to me, but I just can't see it right now.

    Quote Originally Posted by 112 (#593)
    ##Vote WaywardSon

    WWS and Ram imo, get me out of this

    I'm still very not convinced the former is town and think he warrants a wagon.
    But then I see a post like this, and while I'll still fight a Ran wagon I get wanting the WWS wagon and don't hate this vote.
    Just doesn't really sound like something a wolf would say
    this feels pretty vague and iirc a lot of para's posts are like this

    I'm having trouble seeing Para's thought process b/c of this kinda thing and I think it's sorta tilting me toward a wolf read
    I think it's that the post was conciliatory about herself in a way that just seemed pure in tone to me, combined with the fact that she was willing to step back from her read on me in the way that she was. That's all I've got

  10. ISO #910
    Soul Reader Paratroopa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    4,111
    Timezone
    UTC-07:00
    Community
    GameFAQs
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#904)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paratroopa (#901)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#896)
    mmm

    nah

    ##Vote Slimy Soab

    i've explained my thinking. i think it makes sense. it feels like you're just being intentionally obstinate here

    and the "she's just trying to get heat off without solving the game" point is bull$#@!, because i SAID that i wasn't caught up and that i was gonna look at the votes on me first. you're wolfreading me for something i SAID i was gonna do

    nah this is straight nonsense dude
    Do you actually think zack is a wolf for this or is this just frustration
    por que no los dos

    but for real like

    there's only so many times i can reword my thoughts before said thoughts being said to not make sense starts to smell funny
    That didn't really answer my question

  11. ISO #911
    out of touch, out of time Ampharos's Avatar Administrator
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    9,671
    Timezone
    UTC-06:00
    Community
    Smogon | Serenes Forest | EIMM
    AKA
    Amy
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Slimy Soab (#907)
    I don't think I have ever seen your village d1 our your village game at all so I have no idea what you're talking about
    ...i guess this is true

    i feel this doesn't negate my point, however.

  12. ISO #912
    out of touch, out of time Ampharos's Avatar Administrator
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    9,671
    Timezone
    UTC-06:00
    Community
    Smogon | Serenes Forest | EIMM
    AKA
    Amy
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Paratroopa (#910)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#904)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paratroopa (#901)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#896)
    mmm

    nah

    ##Vote Slimy Soab

    i've explained my thinking. i think it makes sense. it feels like you're just being intentionally obstinate here

    and the "she's just trying to get heat off without solving the game" point is bull$#@!, because i SAID that i wasn't caught up and that i was gonna look at the votes on me first. you're wolfreading me for something i SAID i was gonna do

    nah this is straight nonsense dude
    Do you actually think zack is a wolf for this or is this just frustration
    por que no los dos

    but for real like

    there's only so many times i can reword my thoughts before said thoughts being said to not make sense starts to smell funny
    That didn't really answer my question
    i think he's a wolf and also i am frustrated

  13. ISO #913
    out of touch, out of time Ampharos's Avatar Administrator
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    9,671
    Timezone
    UTC-06:00
    Community
    Smogon | Serenes Forest | EIMM
    AKA
    Amy
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by iaafr (#908)
    i want everybodys current thoughts on ftflush tbh
    i suck at reading flush

  14. ISO #914
    GOAT Tier Chemist1422's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    14,500
    Community
    ToS
    AKA
    Chem, Mist, Roxas, Wind
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranmilia (#837)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dels (#813)
    Ranmilia has your view on Para changed after the discussion we had and/or based on further "meta" context?
    No, not really. "Oh, that's just Para, he does this every time, it's fine! Don't worry, I'm sure he'd say something that would ping me if he was evil!" Well... that explains why YOU aren't voting him, but that still doesn't tell me anything about Para himself since if that's his personal meta he'd surely do the same things as scum. I don't trust other people's "tone reading" abilities to be better than scum~Para's own ability to fake town tone.

    I am grudgingly accepting that people don't want to vote him today, but it is really going to suck when we go into later days and have to try to read Para's history of no early votes and no hard stances taken beyond "the strongest townies, who have been nightkilled by now, were town."

    Retyped this because earlier versions came out sounding hostile. Para is nice and cool. @Paratroopa when you get here, please vote for the person you think is most likely to be scum.

    I actually liked the tone of Para's interactions too, but I can't let a vote history of "No Cuddle, Unvote No Cuddle" pass... No one jumping on is weirding me out.
    this is a towny post I think

  15. ISO #915
    spec chat hero iaafr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    23,200
    Community
    NAmafia (formerly NAdota)
    AKA
    fluffy rabbit
    Gender
    if everybody sucks at reading flush should we just cfd him

  16. ISO #916
    spec chat hero iaafr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    23,200
    Community
    NAmafia (formerly NAdota)
    AKA
    fluffy rabbit
    Gender
    and by cfd i mean surprise hug attack

  17. ISO #917
    Soul Reader Paratroopa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    4,111
    Timezone
    UTC-07:00
    Community
    GameFAQs
    Gender
    Okay, I needed to make sure because i'm like

    sort of struggling to see from wolf-amy's point of view how pushing zack of all people is going to help her here at all

    a counterpush on a more sensible wagon might have made sense but getting flustered here is basically just blundering her way into a d1 lynch and I feel like she's savvy enough to know better

  18. ISO #918
    Soul Reader Paratroopa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    4,111
    Timezone
    UTC-07:00
    Community
    GameFAQs
    Gender
    Your guess is as good as mine on flush

  19. ISO #919
    out of touch, out of time Ampharos's Avatar Administrator
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    9,671
    Timezone
    UTC-06:00
    Community
    Smogon | Serenes Forest | EIMM
    AKA
    Amy
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Paratroopa (#917)
    Okay, I needed to make sure because i'm like

    sort of struggling to see from wolf-amy's point of view how pushing zack of all people is going to help her here at all

    a counterpush on a more sensible wagon might have made sense but getting flustered here is basically just blundering her way into a d1 lynch and I feel like she's savvy enough to know better
    ...this is just a thinly veiled "amy's push is nonsense", isn't it

  20. ISO #920
    Soul Reader Paratroopa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    4,111
    Timezone
    UTC-07:00
    Community
    GameFAQs
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemist1422 (#914)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranmilia (#837)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dels (#813)
    Ranmilia has your view on Para changed after the discussion we had and/or based on further "meta" context?
    No, not really. "Oh, that's just Para, he does this every time, it's fine! Don't worry, I'm sure he'd say something that would ping me if he was evil!" Well... that explains why YOU aren't voting him, but that still doesn't tell me anything about Para himself since if that's his personal meta he'd surely do the same things as scum. I don't trust other people's "tone reading" abilities to be better than scum~Para's own ability to fake town tone.

    I am grudgingly accepting that people don't want to vote him today, but it is really going to suck when we go into later days and have to try to read Para's history of no early votes and no hard stances taken beyond "the strongest townies, who have been nightkilled by now, were town."

    Retyped this because earlier versions came out sounding hostile. Para is nice and cool. @Paratroopa when you get here, please vote for the person you think is most likely to be scum.

    I actually liked the tone of Para's interactions too, but I can't let a vote history of "No Cuddle, Unvote No Cuddle" pass... No one jumping on is weirding me out.
    this is a towny post I think
    Pretty sure it is, ran has seemed pretty open about their thoughts, the last bit COULD come off as 'I know para's town and I feel bad about attacking them like this' but I feel like it'd be easier for wolf-ran to just not go after me in the first place if that was really the case

  21. ISO #921
    Soul Reader Paratroopa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    4,111
    Timezone
    UTC-07:00
    Community
    GameFAQs
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#919)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paratroopa (#917)
    Okay, I needed to make sure because i'm like

    sort of struggling to see from wolf-amy's point of view how pushing zack of all people is going to help her here at all

    a counterpush on a more sensible wagon might have made sense but getting flustered here is basically just blundering her way into a d1 lynch and I feel like she's savvy enough to know better
    ...this is just a thinly veiled "amy's push is nonsense", isn't it
    Uhhhh

    I mean I don't think you're right about zack, I just don't know if you mean it or not

  22. ISO #922
    GOAT Tier Chemist1422's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    14,500
    Community
    ToS
    AKA
    Chem, Mist, Roxas, Wind
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Dels (#853)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paratroopa (#848)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dels (#841)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paratroopa (#829)
    I can see the Dels defense brigade was working overtime while I was away
    yes, isn't it just grand. such fun.
    well, if we really are replaying mountainous arson, at least we have a game-breaking newcomb sub to look forward to on d4
    the real question is if chemist is cemetaries
    in all but name, color, and soul-betting habits

  23. ISO #923
    I find amy's push on me fallacious but don't want to bog down the thread in a pointless back and forth about it. if she's a villager, it would be a more productive use of her time to catchup or read my full iso to better develop a read on me than verbal sparring over the validity of her push on me.

  24. ISO #924
    GOAT Tier Chemist1422's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    14,500
    Community
    ToS
    AKA
    Chem, Mist, Roxas, Wind
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by 112 (#871)
    I actually agree with WWS on his amp/catgirl/ftf susses.
    then why are you voting him???

  25. ISO #925
    Season 4 Champion Dels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    13,016
    Community
    Gamefaqs
    Gender
    Okay I think Slimy and Amy got a bit entangled in a situation where Psycho didn't get that one of Amy's posts was a joke, and Amy corrected it and said that Psycho didn't have any "reachy bull$#@!". Slimy thinks that missing a joke is reachy bull$#@!. Amy says missing a joke is fine.

    I don't really see that as being the key point here (sorry) and that seems to be most of what Slimy is focusing on.The other point being that there was also a quote she didn't understand why it was there (because Psycho seemingly forgot to comment on) which also she includes in the net of reasonable comments. I can sort of see how she could be generalizing and therefore giving an opinion that doesn't match what she said she feels.

    I can see Amy's tacked on "but this doesn't ping me" as scum just throwing an opinion out there for the sake of it. I can also see it as a real thought which is getting scrutinized way too much and her only response is "man i just didn't think it was a scummy push ok" and there's nothing else she can say.

    Amy's responses are really.... uh, sassy? Like calling the pushes on her lacking (810) and calling the WWS wagon lame (816) even though she's literally on it. Is Amy really like this as a wolf? It's basically purposefully saying things which could piss people off.

    822 She's literally not even trying to explain reads. I mean, if she's scum, what the hell is she doing? Same with 896, what even sort of tactic is this as scum? I'm inclined to read it like she's genuinely frustrated. Because she does have a point. She literally said "I haven't caught up I'm just going to defend myself and not post reads" and was met with "omg you're just defending yourself instead of posting reads"

    basically it just feels twtbaw, but i admit i can see why zack took an issue with the "oh but psycho's case doesn't ping me" addendum. i don't really see zack as looking worse for this but i guess i can see if he's scum how he'd feel it was a good push to make.

  26. ISO #926
    Thread Analyst Ranmilia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    235
    Timezone
    UTC-06:00
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by iaafr (#908)
    i want everybodys current thoughts on ftflush tbh
    Don't like it. Would vote. Top suspect alongside CGM.

    #230 "I'm just dungposting so don't make reads on me thx"
    #236 "Seriously don't make reads on me"
    #246 Ding ding ding. Quoting here:
    Quote Originally Posted by FTFlush (#246)


    Names that are above the line
    FTF
    Ranmilia
    Chemist1422
    Dels
    Paratroopa
    arbitrary line
    112
    Ampharos
    CatgirlMaple
    iaafr
    Mill Crab
    Slimy Soab
    WaywardSon
    Names that are below the line
    Hey, remember when I said scum would probably lean pro-Ranmilia early instead of doing what 112 did? And that Chemist looked to be angling into a quiet-townie-looking scum position? This is a very interesting list.
    #336 Then goes back and forth on 112 and Para, in the way I would expect scum to interact trying to capitalize on 112/Ran friction and the Para debate.

  27. ISO #927
    Quote Originally Posted by Paratroopa (#917)
    Okay, I needed to make sure because i'm like

    sort of struggling to see from wolf-amy's point of view how pushing zack of all people is going to help her here at all

    a counterpush on a more sensible wagon might have made sense but getting flustered here is basically just blundering her way into a d1 lynch and I feel like she's savvy enough to know better
    it reminded me of a game earlier this year where I (as a wolf) made a similar push on ladd who probably had similar odds of actually being lunched there as I do here

    Quote Originally Posted by ladd (#1237)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan (#1228)
    Quote Originally Posted by ladd (#1224)
    Quote Originally Posted by ladd (#1223)
    i read it, i hoped you had soemthing more
    don't get why you are so angry/tilted

    i am pushing magenta who you agree is wolfy

    i think you are wolfy but haven't really pushed you at all

    lukundo could possibly be a wolf, yes

    his posts do suck, just kinda not how i expect him to wolf
    I thought I was wolfy for having no fire
    yes

    going hard at someone who pushes you is one of easiest things to do as a wolf

    i was talking more about solving fire, not necessarily getting angry or anything like that

  28. ISO #928
    Quote Originally Posted by iaafr (#804)
    one thing about wws is that i expect him as town, during his catchup process, to quote some posts that caught his attention one by one and respond with little quips or questions. i dont think i've ever seen him not do it as town. this game, he just announced he was caught up, wrote that 1 readspost, did that amy quotewall thing, then kinda dipped.

    the single-post reactions i expected from him are completely absent in this game

    his only attempt at game-forwarding interaction was that big quotewall of amy, which others have already noted as kind of awkward, softbally, etc

    psycho thinks it could easily be w/w (softballing to wolf partner amy); i think it's w/v (not wanting to be too aggressive towards an eventual villa flip and trying to look balanced)

    either way he's wolfy, not just null, imho
    Holy $#@!, I had completely overlooked that. He does normally do the "many small posts" catch up style, and we have like...none of that here.

  29. ISO #929
    GOAT Tier Chemist1422's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    14,500
    Community
    ToS
    AKA
    Chem, Mist, Roxas, Wind
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranmilia (#884)
    Quote Originally Posted by iaafr (#866)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranmilia (#858)
    Quote Originally Posted by iaafr (#836)
    wim stands for wants it more and is synonymous with motivation, if you're reading this, ranmilia
    Thank youuuu. And agree.
    agree with what exactly?
    That whatever his alignment, WWS has not done anything this game, and not doing anything is more scum than it is town.

    Vote CatgirlMaple though.
    the overconfident part of my brain is screaming a WWS/Ran/Para team and that thought is making me uncomfortable

  30. ISO #930
    GOAT Tier Chemist1422's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    14,500
    Community
    ToS
    AKA
    Chem, Mist, Roxas, Wind
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by iaafr (#897)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#896)
    mmm

    nah

    ##Vote Slimy Soab

    i've explained my thinking. i think it makes sense. it feels like you're just being intentionally obstinate here

    and the "she's just trying to get heat off without solving the game" point is bull$#@!, because i SAID that i wasn't caught up and that i was gonna look at the votes on me first. you're wolfreading me for something i SAID i was gonna do

    nah this is straight nonsense dude
    that looks familiar

  31. ISO #931
    Season 4 Champion Dels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    13,016
    Community
    Gamefaqs
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#806)
    last time i played with town!WWS, he was pretty low in the content department (to the point where he probably would have been mislynched had he not subbed out), and i was hoping to avoid a similar situation in this game
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#816)

    THAT SAID there's like... nothing else in his iso that i'd consider alignment indicative. at all. mostly there's just not a lot of anything. it's a fine wagon i guess but it's a LAME one
    @Ampharos If town!WWS was low in content then why vote WWS here for being low in content? Are you saying it was a pressure vote to make him post more?

    You said it was a lame wagon but you still had your vote on him here. I understand you were catching up and it was an old vote so maybe it doesn't mean much, but. You've moved it now but would you go back, if Slimy doesn't become a wagon?

  32. ISO #932
    spec chat hero iaafr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    23,200
    Community
    NAmafia (formerly NAdota)
    AKA
    fluffy rabbit
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier (#928)
    Holy $#@!, I had completely overlooked that. He does normally do the "many small posts" catch up style, and we have like...none of that here.
    mc shortly corrects my perception of this meta by finding a wolfgame where he did it and a towngame where he didnt

    so yeah idk

    doesnt feel great

  33. ISO #933
    Season 4 Champion Dels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    13,016
    Community
    Gamefaqs
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by iaafr (#908)
    i want everybodys current thoughts on ftflush tbh
    thought was lean town but i guess he hasn't done anything so whatever

  34. ISO #934
    GOAT Tier Chemist1422's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    14,500
    Community
    ToS
    AKA
    Chem, Mist, Roxas, Wind
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by iaafr (#908)
    i want everybodys current thoughts on ftflush tbh
    villager

    feels like he's going out of his way to annoy people and doesn't have an agenda

  35. ISO #935
    Season 4 Champion Dels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    13,016
    Community
    Gamefaqs
    Gender
    Ran I think you are still underestimating how much a wolf can get away with pushing a townie here. Like you've criticized our meta for this, but a wolf can push a townie all day and then if they flip town, on day 2 we might just say "well they seemed to believe it so it's fine". This is probably in contrast with your idea where we'd heavily scrutinize the people who started the wagon. I mean, we'd scrutinize for sure, but wolves can and do get away with starting wagons on easy-to-push townies without repercussion.

  36. ISO #936
    GOAT Tier Chemist1422's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    14,500
    Community
    ToS
    AKA
    Chem, Mist, Roxas, Wind
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Paratroopa (#917)
    Okay, I needed to make sure because i'm like

    sort of struggling to see from wolf-amy's point of view how pushing zack of all people is going to help her here at all

    a counterpush on a more sensible wagon might have made sense but getting flustered here is basically just blundering her way into a d1 lynch and I feel like she's savvy enough to know better
    maybe that's what she wants you to think

  37. ISO #937
    Season 4 Champion Dels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    13,016
    Community
    Gamefaqs
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemist1422 (#936)
    maybe that's what she wants you to think
    the thing is she can't rely on people like me and para existing to say these things

    from her pov the most likely thing is people would just say "oh you're not posting reads, you're omgusing, die"

  38. ISO #938
    Season 4 Champion Dels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    13,016
    Community
    Gamefaqs
    Gender
    also @Ampharos have you replied to WWS's questions to you?

  39. ISO #939
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#806)
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier (#617)
    Went thru an ISO of Ampharos, and it feels like majority fluff, mechanics talk, and hollow votes or pushes. Occasional defenses. The following posts are the only one that really stood out to me other than that good post setting Dels straight about his Desperado suggestion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#179)
    I was 100% ready to cry if I randed wolf here but it looks like I can just cry about having awful reads instead ayyyyyyy

    Probably gonna try the Mountainous Arson posting style again and see where that gets me.

    Never touching Dels today he's a villager. More when I get to work.
    When I read this entrance, I thought it could be paranoia. But the fact she came in with the "so glad I'm town" rant followed up by playstyle discussion and a quick, unexplained hard town read on Dels.
    i legitimately don't know what this means

    the dels read was entirely gut. sometimes people are just villagers, yo

    also, for context: i've randed wolf 2 (3 if you count the team mafia rerand) times out of my last 4 games, plus i was hitler in secret hitler. every townrand is like ambrosia of the gods at this point

    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#229)
    I think I'm probably just gonna give iaafr a pass for a few days cause if he's a wolf he'll still vote for wolves.
    Very dismissive, somewhat similar to the Dels read. Easy to make and either double down later or flip to a scumread if that's the game landscape.
    this was mostly tongue-in-cheek given iaafr and i's past discussions of his struggles with TMI as a wolf

    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#305)
    Quote Originally Posted by 112 (#302)
    that's an AWFUL post by para and I ask that everyone review it.
    I... disagree? I'm pretty sure Para's got a bunch of meta on Chemist so I don't think it's an unreasonable take for him to have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#341)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slimy Soab (#335)
    112 seems like a wolf going after a ran mislynch

    amy seems a bit sus for raisins

    third thing
    rule of 3

    ##Vote Slimy Soab
    Completely hollow vote quite a few posts into the game. The game was far past the point of idle threats like this.
    i thought this was a fairly obvious jokepost. and i'm not sure why you quoted the other one

    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#352)
    Gonna go do some work.

    ##Vote WaywardSon

    Pending him doing anything of note.
    This was just generally a wolfy exit. And it would be perfect in a w/w world with WWS.

    It's hard to not look at this ISO and just see a wolf. And while I don't think there's much here that's incredibly strong(much could be argued to be NAI), I feel like there's almost nothing to suggest she's town.
    last time i played with town!WWS, he was pretty low in the content department (to the point where he probably would have been mislynched had he not subbed out), and i was hoping to avoid a similar situation in this game

    i feel like in general the majority of this case is just "something something Lacking"

    which, like, is fair, cause i hadn't really gotten a grip on the game yet yesterday (and honestly still haven't)

    but you're barking up the wrong tree

    as an aside i'm not pinged by the push so that's nice at least
    I don't think I finished my thought in that first post. But basically, it all felt like surface level, "look at me, I'm making an entrance, but I'm contributing already!" The comment about being town felt on the nose, the bit about your playstyle felt like fluff, and the Dels read felt like trying to look like your contributing. Like you didn't even have a post to quote, so it came off like you knew he was town, saw he was generally posting well and getting townread, and saw your opportunity to pocket.

    I know the iaafr vote was tongue-in-cheek. Same with your vote on Slimy. But that was the point. It was hollow with no substance. The first looks like attempted solving, but the second in particular looks bad because the game was generating content, yet you hadn't really weighed in on much. So wasting time with a joke vote felt convenient. The other quote I meant to take out, because I didn't have anything remarkable to say other than it kinda pinged me.

    And yeah, honestly, the biggest Crux of my argument is you're lacking when you've been around enough to have a little something more. WWS at least has the excuse of not being around, but you've felt content to coast despite being in-thread when it started to pick up.

    You might have something I'll catch up to, but so you have any scumreads?

  40. ISO #940
    spec chat hero iaafr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    23,200
    Community
    NAmafia (formerly NAdota)
    AKA
    fluffy rabbit
    Gender
    just briefly isoed amy's town game in color wheel (first rand)

    engagement level difference is night and day. but she had a whole team there who seemed active and apparently more time to play.

    but still idk. can't help but be severely unimpressed here. also not appreciative of the rather uncooperative attitude, and i struggle to think of leaving her alive as a good thing for the gamestate. think im just gonna stay here for the day.

    not gonna wifom myself out of it like para's apparently doing. except when i probably do, in a couple hours.

  41. ISO #941
    Soul Reader Paratroopa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    4,111
    Timezone
    UTC-07:00
    Community
    GameFAQs
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Dels (#937)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemist1422 (#936)
    maybe that's what she wants you to think
    the thing is she can't rely on people like me and para existing to say these things

    from her pov the most likely thing is people would just say "oh you're not posting reads, you're omgusing, die"
    cool now I don't have to make the same exact point

    I mean it's possible that it's just wolf-amy being super flustered but I feel like if she were a wolf she'd have... something else going on, someone to coordinate with and make a different push, I dunno

    instead she's relying on me making a pretty tenuous townread of her based on her getting mad at zack?

  42. ISO #942
    Cuddles Wolves Mill Crab's Avatar Flake Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    3,148
    Timezone
    UTC-06:00
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranmilia (#899)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mill Crab (#888)
    Don't hate the Manti wagon I guess but it's not where I feel strongest.
    This is why it's a good wagon.

    WWS.
    Ampharos.
    FTFlush.
    CatMantigirl.

    Four very similar low content posters. Two attracting wagons, two going completely under the radar. Out of Flush and CGM, the CGM votes were more opportunistic and their posting style is pretty acerbic in ways that do not match the ways people are speaking of them.
    You know this is something a villager used to catch one of my partners in the January mentor game, so I will note it, and maybe remember it when i'm panicking in 3 hours

  43. ISO #943
    Cuddles Wolves Mill Crab's Avatar Flake Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    3,148
    Timezone
    UTC-06:00
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemist1422 (#905)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paratroopa (#827)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mill Crab (#673)
    Page 12

    Question for @Paratroopa

    Quote Originally Posted by Paratroopa (#553)
    town ping
    Meh, I guess I see the dgaf attitude that I assume is pinging you? I'm still not really digging what I've seen from 112 though because they've been pushing on one of my stronger town reads (Ranmilia) in a way that doesn't feel genuine. I may just need to stare at their ISO and make sure I'm not tunneling, but it just doesn't feel right to me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Slimy Soab (#561)
    my posts are kind of bad and i don't care to rectify the situation even as i gaze wistfully at the n1 kill falling out of my grasp

    I have a dank wolf soulread on amy
    inb4 Zack laying cover for why he's still around because he's a wolf.

    I still think he's town.


    Quote Originally Posted by iaafr (#584)
    actually eh ranmilia could still be a wolf

    some pretty impressive stuff in the chemist townread but its not like unfakeable stuff and the dels case feels reachy in a scum-fabricating-a-towncase-way after all

    so yeah ranmilia and ampharos wagons final answer...?
    Like, I think I can see where you're coming from about Ranmilia, and this could be a situation where a wolf like DoubtingThomas is pocketing me by being super reasonable and explaining their thoughts to me, but I just can't see it right now.

    Quote Originally Posted by 112 (#593)
    ##Vote WaywardSon

    WWS and Ram imo, get me out of this

    I'm still very not convinced the former is town and think he warrants a wagon.
    But then I see a post like this, and while I'll still fight a Ran wagon I get wanting the WWS wagon and don't hate this vote.
    Just doesn't really sound like something a wolf would say
    this feels pretty vague and iirc a lot of para's posts are like this

    I'm having trouble seeing Para's thought process b/c of this kinda thing and I think it's sorta tilting me toward a wolf read
    Where are your reads at chem?

  44. ISO #944
    Automatic Game Mod Mafia Host's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    187,173
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    Retrospective Day 1 Votecount as of Post #809

    Post #809 was originally posted at 3:38 PM EDT on Thursday, September 12th, 2019.

    Votes Target Voters (Posts in Phase)
    4 WaywardSon Ampharos, Chemist1422, iaafr, 112
    2 112 FTFlush, Visorslash
    2 Paratroopa CatgirlMaple, Ranmilia
    2 Ampharos Psycho666Soldier, Mill Crab
    1 FTFlush Slimy Soab
    1 CatgirlMaple Dels
    2 Not voting WaywardSon, Paratroopa

    View Vote History

  45. ISO #945
    Thread Analyst Ranmilia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    235
    Timezone
    UTC-06:00
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Paratroopa (#920)
    Pretty sure it is, ran has seemed pretty open about their thoughts, the last bit COULD come off as 'I know para's town and I feel bad about attacking them like this' but I feel like it'd be easier for wolf-ran to just not go after me in the first place if that was really the case
    So my Para vote, if it is not clear by now, was hypothesis baiting. I did suspect Para was likely town, but I need hard info. I had a few things in mind along the form of: "if Para is town, he will say this thing and vote here or here." (And it was frustrating because people kept ignoring me and being all "Ran why are you voting Para??" instead of letting the people who needed to take a side take a side.) Then Para said the thing and voted correctly. Now we're doing it, Para is town, iaafr is town (that stands for I am a fluffy rabbit yeah?), we should vote either CGM or FTFlush today.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dels (#935)
    Ran I think you are still underestimating how much a wolf can get away with pushing a townie here. Like you've criticized our meta for this, but a wolf can push a townie all day and then if they flip town, on day 2 we might just say "well they seemed to believe it so it's fine". This is probably in contrast with your idea where we'd heavily scrutinize the people who started the wagon. I mean, we'd scrutinize for sure, but wolves can and do get away with starting wagons on easy-to-push townies without repercussion.
    :P I am aware of this, everything is behind several layers of WIFOM. It is bad to lie as town, but it is not always good to fully tip your hand ahead of time as town either. Read CGM and FTF, who you like better?

  46. ISO #946
    spec chat hero iaafr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    23,200
    Community
    NAmafia (formerly NAdota)
    AKA
    fluffy rabbit
    Gender
    yes i am a fluffy rabbit thank you

    ranmilia, do you have reasons for not wanting ampharos voted other than the amount of apparent enthusiasm and traction for the wagon?

  47. ISO #947
    Cuddles Wolves Mill Crab's Avatar Flake Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    3,148
    Timezone
    UTC-06:00
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by iaafr (#908)
    i want everybodys current thoughts on ftflush tbh
    I could mostly see where he was coming from with his posts. Doesn't seem to want to fight like in wc2. Think he's town

  48. ISO #948
    Quote Originally Posted by Paratroopa (#941)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dels (#937)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemist1422 (#936)
    maybe that's what she wants you to think
    the thing is she can't rely on people like me and para existing to say these things

    from her pov the most likely thing is people would just say "oh you're not posting reads, you're omgusing, die"
    cool now I don't have to make the same exact point

    I mean it's possible that it's just wolf-amy being super flustered but I feel like if she were a wolf she'd have... something else going on, someone to coordinate with and make a different push, I dunno

    instead she's relying on me making a pretty tenuous townread of her based on her getting mad at zack?
    I mean do you really think her vote is still going to be on my at eod. I'm not a serious lunch candidate.

    it's dangerous to assume wolves are always planning out and executing the most rational, logical course of action with surgical precision. sometimes wolfy behavior is just wolfy behavior.

    and dels, I don't see why it matters whether or not she said she was going to give reads. It's still a bad look to barely spend any time solving the game.

  49. ISO #949
    Season 4 Champion Dels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    13,016
    Community
    Gamefaqs
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranmilia (#945)
    iaafr is town (that stands for I am a fluffy rabbit yeah?)
    oh no

    there's only one way you could know this

  50. ISO #950
    I frankly don't understand the suspicion on ran. pretty much every post of theirs has made me think "this person is likely a villager"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Keyboard Shortcuts

about us
Mafia Universe is a community hub for people who enjoy playing the forum variant of Mafia (also known as Werewolf). We offer fully automated Mafia games and a wide variety of customized features crafted to optimize your game experience. We also proudly host the Internet's only database of Mafia/Werewolf communities.

We hope you stick around!
Role of the Day
King

The King is the only person allowed to vote and therefore has sole say over who gets lynched.