Page 4 of 100 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Mountainous Desperado

1. Bookmark ISO #151
    Community
    NAmafia (formerly NAdota)
    AKA
    fluffy rabbit
    Quote Originally Posted by Mill Crab (#150)
    Quote Originally Posted by iaafr (#142)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mill Crab (#139)
    Quote Originally Posted by iaafr (#138)
    ##Vote Mill Crab
    you on the other hand seem a bit nervous and obligatory

glgl
    The game started and I'm excited to try and solve it. I feel like I've been pretty transparent about that. We butted heads in Hyenas vs. Cats, so if you're town here I'm hoping we can avoid that.
    alright I'll give you some space but voting my claiming wolf wasn't a good look

##Vote slimy soab

so the post I quoted above, I feel like all the reasons are a bit too cute

like they're fabricated early takes, not real ones

something also bothers me about "dunno what to do with wws" type comments this early in the game

how do you feel about that

2. Bookmark ISO #152
    Community
    AKA
    fluffy rabbit
    unfortunately the reality of the situation is, like a young impressionable duckling imprints the identity of its mother, you and soab are my designated d1 tunnels and I rarely flip flop in my reads, as people with meta on me might tell you

3. Bookmark ISO #153
    Timezone
    UTC-06:00
    Quote Originally Posted by Mill Crab (#135)
    Any of my posts before that that caught your eye? Because you had an ok lean on me before I asked you that question.
    Not super specifically. More that you were the most active person, not jokeposting, and put a vote down.

Thin reads don't bother me much at this stage, half the game hasn't checked in yet and we have not gotten more than a single vote to stick on someone since Mill unvoted. We should do that, though. Since none of you have played with me before - I come from more of a mentality that 100 pages filled with spam are bad, fewer but more contentful posts are a good look, and voting people and forming serious trains early is best.

So far it looks like people here (by which I mean... everyone besides myself honestly?) are trying to get galaxy brain reads on early day 1 tone, like in the quizzes thing up top, but I have never found that too reliable compared to seeing what people do when they are faced with credible prospects to vote someone out. Let us decide on a person to threaten to vote out.

I am still on Dels as best current prospect in that regard, because of #88. In what world does it make sense to imagine having two confident scummy reads on day 1/2, and then intentionally not voting out the scummier of the pair? To everyone: can you imagine a townie thinking and typing that thought? Even as a hypothetical float that he backs off in the next post? Why or why not? Give us the thoughts from your juicy juicy brainmeats.

4. Bookmark ISO #154
    Community
    AKA
    fluffy rabbit
    i have just had an epiphany that ftf is town, despite not reading his two posts

5. Bookmark ISO #155
    Community
    AKA
    fluffy rabbit
    ranmilia, just reading your third out of three paragraphs, I think you're in tunnel/confbias logic on dels

I can respond to the substance of your sus later when I'm on computer but my gut instinct says its wrong

scum rarely find 2 confident scumreads to even push by this point in the game

6. Bookmark ISO #156
    Community
    AKA
    fluffy rabbit
    actually I changed my mind I'm not gonna towncase dels unless there's a real risk of him being lynched

7. Bookmark ISO #157
    Cuddles Wolves Mill Crab's Avatar Flake Moderator
    Timezone
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    Quote Originally Posted by Mill Crab (#150)

glgl
    The game started and I'm excited to try and solve it. I feel like I've been pretty transparent about that. We butted heads in Hyenas vs. Cats, so if you're town here I'm hoping we can avoid that.
    alright I'll give you some space but voting my claiming wolf wasn't a good look

##Vote slimy soab

so the post I quoted above, I feel like all the reasons are a bit too cute

like they're fabricated early takes, not real ones

something also bothers me about "dunno what to do with wws" type comments this early in the game

how do you feel about that
    *shrug* I thought it'd be funny to vote the wolf claim. I honestly wasn't expecting an instant hard scum read. (I think I know how you felt Dels)

The take on ranmilia felt real to me and was close to how I was feeling about them. I'm liking the back and forth I had with them though, and especially liked how they broke down their read on chemist.

I think calling one of the champs finalists mislynch bait is a hot take. Not sure why slimy would treat wws that way as either alignment though. If they thought wws was actual mislynch bait, why not make that push? I guess I could see it as weak distancing if they're buddies, but I've been burned enough on pre-flip associatives that I'm yelling at myself for even finishing this thought.

Maybe not as strong a town lean as I'm getting on Dels or ranmilia, but I was digging the tone on some of slimy's posts.

You, on the other hand, I like the read. I see some critical thought in this post that looks like you're trying to solve, and not just posting to post.

##Unvote iaafr

8. Bookmark ISO #158
    ##Vote iaafr

9. Bookmark ISO #159
    Quote Originally Posted by Mill Crab (#157)
    I see some critical thought in this post that looks like you're trying to solve, and not just posting to post.
    ?

he looks exactly posting to post

10. Bookmark ISO #160
    Community
    AKA
    fluffy rabbit

I am making this post to note that I am resisting asking for meta on mc despite the strong urge because of my belief that this game should be playable, and is better off, without people doing direct meta comparisons

I ask for no village points but for respect

11. Bookmark ISO #161
    Community
    AKA
    fluffy rabbit
    anyway finally got to my computer so i can post my prewritten entrance post (i have been excited for this game so ive been prepping for it, you guys will see different new concepts later too)

i will be roleplaying this character this game:

i'm going to lurk now. if you @ me, i will not likely respond in real time.

12. Bookmark ISO #162
    Timezone
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranmilia (#153)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mill Crab (#135)
    Any of my posts before that that caught your eye? Because you had an ok lean on me before I asked you that question.
    Not super specifically. More that you were the most active person, not jokeposting, and put a vote down.

Thin reads don't bother me much at this stage, half the game hasn't checked in yet and we have not gotten more than a single vote to stick on someone since Mill unvoted. We should do that, though. Since none of you have played with me before - I come from more of a mentality that 100 pages filled with spam are bad, fewer but more contentful posts are a good look, and voting people and forming serious trains early is best.

So far it looks like people here (by which I mean... everyone besides myself honestly?) are trying to get galaxy brain reads on early day 1 tone, like in the quizzes thing up top, but I have never found that too reliable compared to seeing what people do when they are faced with credible prospects to vote someone out. Let us decide on a person to threaten to vote out.

I am still on Dels as best current prospect in that regard, because of #88. In what world does it make sense to imagine having two confident scummy reads on day 1/2, and then intentionally not voting out the scummier of the pair? To everyone: can you imagine a townie thinking and typing that thought? Even as a hypothetical float that he backs off in the next post? Why or why not? Give us the thoughts from your juicy juicy brainmeats.
    I mean, yeah, D1 is mostly a crapshoot (especially for me) but if I can get in someone's head and see their thought process, I think it helps me solve better.

RE: Dels. I could totally see a post like that coming from town. Not lynching somebody who's wolfy is, like, so out there of a suggestion that I don't think a wolf has the guts to make that post and is aware that a post like that has a high chance of drawing a lot of heat. I could totally see town!Dels going "Hey, how about we don't lynch the wolfy people send tweet" and just not thinking about the possible ramifications.

13. Bookmark ISO #163
    this feels like a light game

where is everyone

I'm the top poster and have barely done anything other than post delightful trash

14. Bookmark ISO #164
    Timezone
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    Quote Originally Posted by Slimy Soab (#159)
    I see some critical thought in this post that looks like you're trying to solve, and not just posting to post.
    ?

he looks exactly posting to post
    Up until that point sure. but that post has some thought behind it. Not as much depth that other people have given, but it's there.

15. Bookmark ISO #165
    Community
    AKA
    fluffy rabbit
    ive just read a bunch of isos and formed opinions but theyre thin enough that i could easily see myself flipping on any of them and regretting having the opinions i currently have in the first place

i will say that i probably see myself sticking with a wws townread though, by tone/meta

16. Bookmark ISO #166
    Community
    AKA
    fluffy rabbit
    probably shouldnt have read isos. ill do the full read now.

17. Bookmark ISO #167
    I think calling one of the champs finalists mislynch bait is a hot take. Not sure why slimy would treat wws that way as either alignment though. If they thought wws was actual mislynch bait, why not make that push? I guess I could see it as weak distancing if they're buddies, but I've been burned enough on pre-flip associatives that I'm yelling at myself for even finishing this thought.
    I didn't pay any attention to champs, but I've found his posts wolfy in the games I've played with him, and he's been a mislynch or at least a decent wagon in all of them iirc.

And if anyone took thirty seconds to look at any of my posts outside of this thread, my identity would be obvious. It's not a secret alt or anything. I was only being coy about it in the hopes that I could townread some brave knight who was inquisitive enough to go digging through post history to figure it out, but after thinking about it the wolves have similar incentive to figure out my identity. Though now that I say that, they might just keep that confined to wolf chat. Whatever.

I also obviously enjoyed being coy purely for the sake of being an obstinate bastard, but that goes without saying

18. Bookmark ISO #168
    Timezone
    UTC+04:00
    Community
    Pokemon Showdown!
    AKA
    ForgotToFlush
    unfortunately the reality of the situation is, like a young impressionable duckling imprints the identity of its mother, you and soab are my designated d1 tunnels and I rarely flip flop in my reads, as people with meta on me might tell you
    ##Vote iaafr

19. Bookmark ISO #169
    Quote Originally Posted by iaafr (#165)
    i will say that i probably see myself sticking with a wws townread though, by tone/meta
    wtf

20. Bookmark ISO #170
    Community
    AKA
    fluffy rabbit
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemist1422 (#61)
    Mill your read feels kind of forced, why did you feel the need to transition into serious solving at this point?
    chemist is actually my strongest townread for this post (which i mindmeld with, even though its a bit easy) and for perspective stuff

is it disrespectful to assume chem couldnt make these posts as wolf? idk ive been burned by him but for good tone posts (in bone mafia), not for like strong content mindmelds and feeling like he had a natural solvy thought

21. Bookmark ISO #171
    Community
    AKA
    fluffy rabbit
    Quote Originally Posted by Slimy Soab (#169)
    wtf
    ive been able to sort wws in most games ive played with him, i think its maybe 4-5 now

the one time he randed wolf against me, i caught him on his first bout of posting (bone mafia) but he entered late and was in catchup mode so it mightve been easier than it would be here

but uh

there's a certain attitude he has as town that i think he has trouble replicating as wolf

still a toneread no matter how i paint it, but ive been historically correct on wws this way

22. Bookmark ISO #172
    Community
    AKA
    fluffy rabbit
    maybe i shouldnt substantiate reads with so much meta, it's a bit alienating to people without the mutual experience

23. Bookmark ISO #173
    Slimy Soab - this guy is so effin pure

Dels
    Mill Crab

Chemist1422
    Ranmilia

--- above are villagy ---
    --- i'm too lazy to give any reasons though ---

CatgirlMaple
    FTFlush
    WaywardSon

--- above are shrug.jpg ---
    --- I didn't understand catgirl's post about me ---
    --- I feel if flush was a wolf he'd put more effort into his posts instead of literally just naked votes and "lol" ---
    --- i think wws' posts are empty / kinda wolfy but i suck at reading him so idk ---

iaafr

--- his posts feel so forced ---
    --- the only other game i played with him i remember him being an extremely obvious villager and he is not that at all here ---
    --- i have no idea why i ended up formatting this readslist like this, it's quite terrible ---

haven't posted:

@112
    @Ampharos
    @Paratroopa
    @Psycho666Soldier
    @Visorslash

24. Bookmark ISO #174
    This is what happens when you spend all morning $#@!ing around with busses and freaking out about a speech.

Just got to work. I have to put some work in, then I'll do some catch up and give input. Tag me if anyone has anything specific they want me to see.

25. Bookmark ISO #175
    Quote Originally Posted by iaafr (#171)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slimy Soab (#169)
    wtf
    ive been able to sort wws in most games ive played with him, i think its maybe 4-5 now

the one time he randed wolf against me, i caught him on his first bout of posting (bone mafia) but he entered late and was in catchup mode so it mightve been easier than it would be here

but uh

there's a certain attitude he has as town that i think he has trouble replicating as wolf

still a toneread no matter how i paint it, but ive been historically correct on wws this way
    explain it in a way that isn't "I have tmi, u jelly brah?"

26. Bookmark ISO #176
    Community
    AKA
    fluffy rabbit
    alright having read page 2 (50ppp) in its entirety

soab looks better than my first impression recalled it

im actually going to join ranmilia on dels for now because i have no strong standing scumreads of my own

my day 1s are usually pretty bad unless i find a confident tunnel that i dont lose faith in, and if that happens its a wolf maybe like 50-70% of the time?

##Vote Dels

27. Bookmark ISO #177
    Community
    AKA
    fluffy rabbit
    Quote Originally Posted by Slimy Soab (#175)
    explain it in a way that isn't "I have tmi, u jelly brah?"
    i have a godread, u jelly brah?

28. Bookmark ISO #178
    Quote Originally Posted by iaafr (#138)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mill Crab (#136)
    Sorry for your loss

##Vote iaafr
    ##Vote Mill Crab

glgl
    Quote Originally Posted by iaafr (#144)
    mill crab may have spewed ranmilia villager

ranmilia is probably a villager regafdless

ranmilia if you see my posts and find my thin reads alarming, I'll substantiate them more later don't worry
    I have a hard time believing this was a real wolfread of mill crab, for that reason. I don't understand his problem with me either. Both seem like fake tunnels. And I disliked his post about ftf.

29. Bookmark ISO #179
    river city girl Ampharos's Avatar Administrator
    Timezone
    Community
    Smogon | Serenes Forest | EIMM
    AKA
    Amy
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    I was 100% ready to cry if I randed wolf here but it looks like I can just cry about having awful reads instead ayyyyyyy

Probably gonna try the Mountainous Arson posting style again and see where that gets me.

Never touching Dels today he's a villager. More when I get to work.

30. Bookmark ISO #180
    Timezone
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    Quote Originally Posted by Slimy Soab (#167)
    I didn't pay any attention to champs, but I've found his posts wolfy in the games I've played with him, and he's been a mislynch or at least a decent wagon in all of them iirc.

And if anyone took thirty seconds to look at any of my posts outside of this thread, my identity would be obvious. It's not a secret alt or anything. I was only being coy about it in the hopes that I could townread some brave knight who was inquisitive enough to go digging through post history to figure it out, but after thinking about it the wolves have similar incentive to figure out my identity. Though now that I say that, they might just keep that confined to wolf chat. Whatever.

I also obviously enjoyed being coy purely for the sake of being an obstinate bastard, but that goes without saying
    Again, I agree since I think he was the f3 mislynch in the one small game I played with him, but I want to give him some space here since he clearly isn't the same player he was 8 months ago or whatever.

I assumed there was a reason you're playing on an alt this game and won't out it if you still want to be coy, but part of the reason I'm giving you a town read is because you're giving off similar vibes to a previous game.

And you're actually giving reads this time

31. Bookmark ISO #181
    Quote Originally Posted by iaafr (#140)
    dels is possibly too happy at this stage to be a wolf

all the posts I've seen by him are flowy and just easy to confbias as villager so let's go with that read
    Quote Originally Posted by iaafr (#155)
    ranmilia, just reading your third out of three paragraphs, I think you're in tunnel/confbias logic on dels

I can respond to the substance of your sus later when I'm on computer but my gut instinct says its wrong

scum rarely find 2 confident scumreads to even push by this point in the game
    Quote Originally Posted by iaafr (#156)
    actually I changed my mind I'm not gonna towncase dels unless there's a real risk of him being lynched
    Quote Originally Posted by iaafr (#176)

im actually going to join ranmilia on dels for now because i have no strong standing scumreads of my own

my day 1s are usually pretty bad unless i find a confident tunnel that i dont lose faith in, and if that happens its a wolf maybe like 50-70% of the time?

##Vote Dels
    this progression definitely makes sense

32. Bookmark ISO #182
    Community
    AKA
    fluffy rabbit
    it actually really really does if you understand my mindset

33. Bookmark ISO #183
    Timezone
    Community
    Mafia Universe

##Vote Dels
    What happened to towncasing Dels if he's in danger of being lynched? That's a big flip.

34. Bookmark ISO #184
    Quote Originally Posted by Mill Crab (#180)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slimy Soab (#167)

Again, I agree since I think he was the f3 mislynch in the one small game I played with him, but I want to give him some space here since he clearly isn't the same player he was 8 months ago or whatever.

I assumed there was a reason you're playing on an alt this game and won't out it if you still want to be coy, but part of the reason I'm giving you a town read is because you're giving off similar vibes to a previous game.

And you're actually giving reads this time
    it was literally just "oh right I have the Slimy Soab account that GH occasionally SMHs at me for never actually using"

that's it

35. Bookmark ISO #185
    Quote Originally Posted by iaafr (#182)
    the mindset of one covered in fur, howling at the moon?

36. Bookmark ISO #186
    Community
    AKA
    fluffy rabbit
    Quote Originally Posted by Slimy Soab (#185)
    my d1s are $#@!; my worldview completely changes if im no longer scumreading you and mc; my vote doesnt necessarily mean anything

37. Bookmark ISO #187
    I just looked at WWS iso again and don't see how anyone could reasonably have a confident village read on him for that

there's not any reads or game content, it's just fluff

38. Bookmark ISO #188
    Quote Originally Posted by iaafr (#186)
    my d1s are $#@!; my worldview completely changes if im no longer scumreading you and mc; my vote doesnt necessarily mean anything
    you called their dels post a bad tunnel, then turned around and blindly sheeped it because you no longer scumread two people who think dels is a villager.

39. Bookmark ISO #189
    Community
    AKA
    fluffy rabbit
    Quote Originally Posted by Slimy Soab (#187)
    I just looked at WWS iso again and don't see how anyone could reasonably have a confident village read on him for that

would you believe me if i said that very fact alone makes him more likely to be a villager

tone aside, which is again the center of my read

40. Bookmark ISO #190
    Community
    AKA
    fluffy rabbit
    Quote Originally Posted by Slimy Soab (#188)
    Quote Originally Posted by iaafr (#186)
    you called their dels post a bad tunnel, then turned around and blindly sheeped it because you no longer scumread two people who think dels is a villager.
    ok

41. Bookmark ISO #191
    Quote Originally Posted by iaafr (#189)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slimy Soab (#187)

would you believe me if i said that very fact alone makes him more likely to be a villager

tone aside, which is again the center of my read
    sure i guess, but i dont really buy it being your only read you feel good about because of "tone"

that's ridiculous

42. Bookmark ISO #192
    why did you back off me and crab anyway

43. Bookmark ISO #193
    Community
    AKA
    fluffy rabbit

im gonna wait until i see people post content that generates the types of reads that i can make that people can townread me for n stuff

44. Bookmark ISO #194
    Community
    AKA
    fluffy rabbit
    Quote Originally Posted by Slimy Soab (#192)
    why did you back off me and crab anyway
    on page 2 and most recently i feel like youve been doing the thing where youve been checking peoples takes against your own perception of how the thread should be read without TMI. not unfakeable, but feels alright

mc, it was initially a tone/seriousness level thing but after rereading he'd already been called out on it, and just rereading the thread as a whole, it doesnt feel as bad as it initially did.

im still flip floppy on both of you if im being honest, could easily imagine both of you flipping wolf

but now im at around rand for both of you again, and im at that point where ive decided that nothing posted so far is really worth hard pushing on, im just going into waiting mode

which im bad at but whatever

45. Bookmark ISO #195
    Community
    AKA
    fluffy rabbit
    i shouldve stuck to my own convictions on how i was gonna handle this d1

just fell back into my old habits of making extremely thin overconfident reads -> getting called out on them and drilled on them -> getting annoyed

not posting reads for another 22 hours lets see how this goes

46. Bookmark ISO #196
    Community
    Canucks Community (CDC)
    just woke up, gonna get some food and stuff before posting

47. Bookmark ISO #197
    i dunno if iaafr is a wolf but I still don't care for his posts

##Vote FTFlush

48. Bookmark ISO #198
    Community
    AKA
    fluffy rabbit
    Quote Originally Posted by Slimy Soab (#197)
    i dunno if iaafr is a wolf but I still don't care for his posts
    likewise

49. Bookmark ISO #199
    Thread: Mountainous Desperado Day 1 [1d:5h:53m]

50. Bookmark ISO #200
    Timezone
    UTC-07:00
    Community
    GameFAQs