Page 107 of 107 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107
Results 5,301 to 5,337 of 5337

Thread: Poisonous Vigilantes [Re-Rand]

1. ISO #5301
    Community
    FlopTurnRiver
    Another game where the villas' reads get worse as the game goes on. Is it because the wolves post better when there are fewer wolves around?

Shattiel, you seemlike a really fun villager to play with, hope we get the chance in the future.

2. ISO #5302
    Community
    swag
    AKA
    swag
    Quote Originally Posted by baudib1 (#5301)
    Another game where the villas' reads get worse as the game goes on. Is it because the wolves post better when there are fewer wolves around?

Shattiel, you seemlike a really fun villager to play with, hope we get the chance in the future.
    from what ive seen villagers are prone to misreading spew, putting too much stock in interactions when wolves purposely distance/bus, putting weight in would-be connections (check the objps mislynch) that arent there over individual wolfyness or tone, stuff like that

in this one a $#@!ty poe kept getting spammed into the thread and everyone mostly took it at face value so we took turns killing ourselves

3. ISO #5303
    Community
    swag
    AKA
    swag

ima hav to talk to frog on how he sticks so firmly on those v reads of his when his early game v reads start posting wolfy $#@! later in the game

4. ISO #5304
    Community
    N/A
    AKA
    Alice
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Quote Originally Posted by YOLOSWAG (#5302)
    from what ive seen villagers are prone to misreading spew, putting too much stock in interactions when wolves purposely distance/bus, putting weight in would-be connections (check the objps mislynch) that arent there over individual wolfyness or tone, stuff like that
    Happened to me in a recent game. Had Pilica/Contrainer/Michelle/Eevee as strong TRs with the last wolf as my 3rd highest wolfread at the time. Since another wolf tried hard-bussing the last wolf when they didn't need to I locked him as V despite him doing nothing and mislynched the above four before him winning. Bussing is often done as it works, unfortunately.

5. ISO #5305
    Furry Collective Keeper of the Swans Michelle's Avatar
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    AnimeBase
    So from all wolves exactly Rich killed Wiggles

6. ISO #5306
    Timezone
    Community
    AnimeBase
    Quote Originally Posted by YOLOSWAG (#5300)
    Quote Originally Posted by baudib1 (#5299)
    I was following this game early because I was on the sub list. I loved Shattiel's early W read on Rich and I thought YOLO was a super obv villager. IDK what happened after that. I also thought Apoc was a wolf though, not because he was posting wolfy but just because his reads seemed 100% off from mine. IDK who was right at this point though.
    this was my most villagery game this year by far and my old meta. i spent a lot of time on this one. too much

the outcome reminds me why i shifted to low effort/lowposting. back to that for me
    i will follow this idea. Thanks for pointing it out.
    Sorry to SR you :/

7. ISO #5307
    Timezone
    Community
    AnimeBase
    Quote Originally Posted by YOLOSWAG (#5298)
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle (#5297)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shattiel (#5286)
    So uh people might wonder 'wtf happened?'
    lolshatt thats what happened.

I was young, impatient. and hungry.
    I talked about doing a so called 'pro gamer move' that I even said that I might regret
    Idk whats gotten to my brain at that time I thought this was a good idea but as what the famous murphy's law said "what can go wrong, will go wrong" thats just life.

To all my fellow townies
    My bad as a big brain myself I shouldve known better
    So this is a public apology post that I made cos I didnt have anything to do at that time other than blankly staring at a wall waiting for the host to open the thread
    I offer my apologies to town and also to wolves for lynching some of them and almost lynching all of them

Shoutout to my lylotowns @Michelle who I trolled alot sorry I shouldve found u earlier and worked with u better

@YOLOSWAG who was supposed to solve the game for us but I boom byed scum and didnt even give the chance to talk swag

And to wolves for ruining everything

Given the chance to participate in lylo again I promise to make lylo great again.

Sincerely Shattiel
    Don't worry i was wrong anyway. I should trust you and idk how to do this. I trusted the wrong peeps
    my plan when i woke up today was to try get you guys to stop killing each other (including f3) and vote rich after getting shatt on the same page. but i was dead

the fact that shatt was questioning you those last days while rich/el were content to hold static v reads on you was actually a point in her favor. wolves want to avoid stepping on toes and instead go for a pocketed villager at f5 w/me as ml
    yeah. i will keep that in mind.

8. ISO #5308
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle (#5296)
    @El, the answer is yes, I wanted to say something but i give up. You are a hopeless liar. Sigh..
    I'm sorry you feel that way, Michelle. I had a wincon to pursue, and you can't be a wolf by being honest. I know you've wolfed before, so you must know that even if you're a wolf who tries to be as honest as possible in terms of not telling outright lies, it's still your job to deceive the town and force them to work hard to find you.

As I've said before:

Quote Originally Posted by El-ahrairah (#12)
    I don't like deceiving others either, so I think of it this way: all players in the game have signed up to figure out a mystery and improve their skills. Townies WANT and EXPECT to be challenged. They want to go up against challenging opponents who will test their skills and push them out of their comfort zone. They want each game to be That Game - the one that they talk about for months or even years afterwards as an awesome game in which they were tested in battle.

Therefore it is the job of the wolves to be cunning and deceptive and give townies the mystery experience they deserve. And sometimes, the badguy is often the best character in a movie. Just look at Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, and try to be like Alan Rickman.
    I think you feel cheated because you've only ever towned against me as a wolf in the past, but I think if you were to rand wolf with me, we'd have a lot of fun.

9. ISO #5309
    Wants It Most Apoc's Avatar Game Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoc (#5293)
    game was an easy PoE win until Spartan got lynched imo

We had more lynches than we knew what to do with, even with Chemist going AWOL.

but anyway, gg all

Mistakes were made all around mostly

lolCron forever
    What are you implying? @Apoc
    Im just teasing you man

I was implying we all sucked. Which most of us did.

Even wes, im pretty sure he didn't actually have a read on kaempf, just decided to guess, then tunnel, then look cool.

Too bad he outted himself as a gambler with his apoc shot

10. ISO #5310

I think this is the opposite of true this game? At least, it was for me.

But i mean, the correct villagers get NKd. Lol

Is this a read post baudib. Wtf

11. ISO #5311
    Quote Originally Posted by baudib1 (#5299)
    I was following this game early because I was on the sub list. I loved Shattiel's early W read on Rich and I thought YOLO was a super obv villager. IDK what happened after that. I also thought Apoc was a wolf though, not because he was posting wolfy but just because his reads seemed 100% off from mine. IDK who was right at this point though.
    I was townreading 4/5 wolves itg on day 1

So, probably you

12. ISO #5312
    If Chemist didnt stop playing the game for ????? reasons i think we win it handily?

Like Spartan lynch was atrocious. If chemist is still being townie like he was d1, then that day phase becomes a proper hunt into

Rich, El-A, michelle, Yolo

And maybe me and yolo get there on each other

13. ISO #5313

14. ISO #5314
    Timezone
    Community
    AnimeBase
    Quote Originally Posted by El-ahrairah (#5308)
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle (#5296)
    @El, the answer is yes, I wanted to say something but i give up. You are a hopeless liar. Sigh..
    I'm sorry you feel that way, Michelle. I had a wincon to pursue, and you can't be a wolf by being honest. I know you've wolfed before, so you must know that even if you're a wolf who tries to be as honest as possible in terms of not telling outright lies, it's still your job to deceive the town and force them to work hard to find you.

As I've said before:

Quote Originally Posted by El-ahrairah (#12)
    I don't like deceiving others either, so I think of it this way: all players in the game have signed up to figure out a mystery and improve their skills. Townies WANT and EXPECT to be challenged. They want to go up against challenging opponents who will test their skills and push them out of their comfort zone. They want each game to be That Game - the one that they talk about for months or even years afterwards as an awesome game in which they were tested in battle.

Therefore it is the job of the wolves to be cunning and deceptive and give townies the mystery experience they deserve. And sometimes, the badguy is often the best character in a movie. Just look at Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, and try to be like Alan Rickman.
    I think you feel cheated because you've only ever towned against me as a wolf in the past, but I think if you were to rand wolf with me, we'd have a lot of fun.
    Nope. I would still TR you without lies. I am that idiot. And Rich's lies were for nothing also. Not because i was trusting those lies i TRed him. Lies are useless. I believe the real skill in wolfing is to not tell the same lie all game until anyone wants to vomit reading it like Rich did.
    I will maybe not be here to be wolf with you because i promised to myself to not play and let me burned by this game so much again.
    Who knows, we can have fun hydraing
    I need to tell you, i don't play to win. I play to enjoy the game.
    When Chem said he want out and flipped town i understood he is right and in this game fun died with JC for me.
    When the puzzle to solve is about facts and well written posts i can agree with the challenging part.
    When wolves are hiding behind lies then i can't say good game because i don't feel it.

15. ISO #5315
    Timezone
    Community
    AnimeBase
    If Chemist didnt stop playing the game for ????? reasons i think we win it handily?

Like Spartan lynch was atrocious. If chemist is still being townie like he was d1, then that day phase becomes a proper hunt into

Rich, El-A, michelle, Yolo

And maybe me and yolo get there on each other
    I would need a stronger town vibe from Spartan, Chem, Yolo and Shatt. I failed to read them well because they were not so obvious town. After the game becomes annoying and tiresome, town have to succeed to find each other. This is a thing i am still bad at :/

16. ISO #5316
    Okay but "glorious march to victory" was a joke, if you read wolfchat you'll see that half the time we weren't even talking about the game :P

17. ISO #5317
    Timezone
    UTC±00:00

GG everyone

Amazing play wolves tbh with the player list and some strong towns.

Rich and El especially sowing discord in the town with just enough nudging in the wrong direction to lead us into a self-dedtructing town. This doesnt just happen on its own and correct NK's and poisons with a lot of WIM and posts to throw off suspicion when needed. Also got some laughs out of richs posts.

Also shoutout to the town for really cool first few days. Made me want to post a lot after a really long time. Ladd with goat reads list forst few. JC for making it a bit different and so on. Yolo for finding me that eod lol.

And last but not least

@Zack a big thank you to the hosts

18. ISO #5318
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan057 (#5317)
    Amazing play wolves tbh with the player list and some strong towns.

Rich and El especially sowing discord in the town with just enough nudging in the wrong direction to lead us into a self-dedtructing town. This doesnt just happen on its own and correct NK's and poisons with a lot of WIM and posts to throw off suspicion when needed. Also got some laughs out of richs posts.
    Thanks Spartan. Losing 3 wolves in the first 2/3 days was pretty disheartening - those were some scarily accurate vig shots and some strong town players. The biggest mistake town made from our POV (at least IMO) I think was ending Day 3 30 hours early. Wes said it was anti-town to keep the day going longer than necessary because it would make people doubt themselves and tinfoil, but town was lynching a town, vig-shooting a town and largely town-reading the last wolves, so a hefty amount of doubt and tinfoil would've actually been pro-village at that point. With a number of experienced players saying the game felt auto and lol-wolves, it gave the rest of the town a false feeling of security.

Individually there were a lot of good reads but not very much cohesion.

Big props to JMurder for coming in and making the effort at such a late stage in the game. And to Zack for hosting!

19. ISO #5319
    Timezone
    Community
    AnimeBase
    Quote Originally Posted by El-ahrairah (#5316)
    Okay but "glorious march to victory" was a joke, if you read wolfchat you'll see that half the time we weren't even talking about the game :P
    i know it was a joke. that's why i put it between " " . Still i have to admit i didn't enjoy it.
    I will not read wolfchat, i didn't read my mangas lately to play mafia.

20. ISO #5320

Not cool

21. ISO #5321

I think this setup is a winner

22. ISO #5322
    Community
    swag
    AKA
    swag

thanks for host zack. i agree, good setup. poisoners hav this intensity to it that i really like

23. ISO #5323
    Community
    2+2 and PokerNet
    AKA
    VigGOAT

I'm frustrated with how the game went when railing, but you know what screw that.

WP wolves you showed tremendous WIM and you deserved to win.

JM gave me hope and was awesome but sadly it wasn't enough.

Thank you Zack for hosting, it was an interesting setup.

24. ISO #5324
    Community
    2+2 and PokerNet
    AKA
    VigGOAT
    Quote Originally Posted by Viggorous (#5323)
    gg

I'm frustrated with how the game went (lynching Spartan was an otherworldly travesty) when railing, but you know what screw that.

25. ISO #5325
    Community
    2+2 and PokerNet
    AKA
    VigGOAT

Villagers lose faith in their ability to read the game after they've mislynched villagers. So the more phases without wolf flips they feel less secure and are more easily coerced into doing what the wolves want. Despite several people wolf reading both el and rich at several occasions they often ended up voting with them later in the phase after they had made an effort to sow doubt.

It's easier to coerce people who feel lost and/or are questioning their own views than someone who's confident.

26. ISO #5326
    Community
    2+2 and PokerNet
    AKA
    VigGOAT
    Quote Originally Posted by Viggorous (#5324)
    Quote Originally Posted by Viggorous (#5323)
    gg

I'm frustrated with how the game went (lynching Spartan was an otherworldly travesty) when railing, but you know what screw that.

I didn't mean to emphasize Idk why I quoted this.

27. ISO #5327
    Community
    2+2 and PokerNet
    AKA
    VigGOAT
    Quote Originally Posted by Viggorous (#5325)

Villagers lose faith in their ability to read the game after they've mislynched villagers. So the more phases without wolf flips they feel less secure and are more easily coerced into doing what the wolves want. Despite several people wolf reading both or either of el and rich at several occasions they often ended up voting with them later in the phase after they had made an effort to sow doubt.

It's easier to coerce people who feel lost and/or are questioning their own views than someone who's confident.

28. ISO #5328
    Community
    2+2 and PokerNet
    AKA
    VigGOAT

29. ISO #5329
    Quote Originally Posted by Viggorous (#5328)
    I have no idea why I'm double posting
    Wolfy IMO

30. ISO #5330
    Timezone
    UTC-08:00
    Community
    POG
    Sorry guys. My reads on El & Rich both basically ended up being TWTBAW haha. Until Chem died villa & the game was super solved, but oh well. For some reason they kilt me & didn't let me explain why

GG wolves, sorry I couldn't do more with my day.

31. ISO #5331
    Timezone
    Community
    POG

32. ISO #5332
    Thanks for playing all

Hopefully the setup gets re-used (wink wink, nudge nudge)

33. ISO #5333
    Quote Originally Posted by JMurder3 (#5330)
    Sorry guys. My reads on El & Rich both basically ended up being TWTBAW haha. Until Chem died villa & the game was super solved, but oh well. For some reason they kilt me & didn't let me explain why

No offence but when I realised you were reading me based on meta from our previous game in which I was wolf (and a very fine and cultured person in that game, according to Mercedes...) it became very easy to subvert that by being unreasonable and petulant. :P I even commented to Rich that it had won you over and I could keep you on the back foot with it. It may not have worked for the whole of the rest of the game, and certainly not if you figured out the hard work I was doing was largely to fake some scum-reads, but it worked enough to make you change your mind in that moment. After that you were simply the best kill on account of being the least mislynchable and ladds being the most clear (and I didn't like your solve effort and WIM, but technically we RNG'd it )

34. ISO #5334
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoc (#5321)
    Also btw,

I think this setup is a winner
    I think if you run this setup a few more times you will see that it is very townsided. You guys didnt even get to use the jailkeeper/cop mechanic.

35. ISO #5335
    Timezone
    Community
    POG
    Quote Originally Posted by El-ahrairah (#5333)

No offence but when I realised you were reading me based on meta from our previous game in which I was wolf (and a very fine and cultured person in that game, according to Mercedes...) it became very easy to subvert that by being unreasonable and petulant. :P I even commented to Rich that it had won you over and I could keep you on the back foot with it. It may not have worked for the whole of the rest of the game, and certainly not if you figured out the hard work I was doing was largely to fake some scum-reads, but it worked enough to make you change your mind in that moment. After that you were simply the best kill on account of being the least mislynchable and ladds being the most clear (and I didn't like your solve effort and WIM, but technically we RNG'd it )
    Once Chem was a wolf it was always Rich & you were always Rich's partner if Rich was a wolf. Just sucks I needed the perspective of knowing Chem was a villa for it all to click. I was more trying to work out who made sense as Chem's partner, & either YOLO or Rich made sense at that point.

36. ISO #5336
    Timezone
    Community
    POG
    Quote Originally Posted by JMurder3 (#5335)
    Quote Originally Posted by El-ahrairah (#5333)

Once Chem was a wolf it was always Rich & you were always Rich's partner if Rich was a wolf. Just sucks I needed the perspective of knowing Chem was a villa for it all to click. I was more trying to work out who made sense as Chem's partner, & either YOLO or Rich made sense at that point.
    *Once Chem was a villa

37. ISO #5337
    Timezone
    UTC+03:00
    AKA
    Abu
    Pfffff this town is a joke