Being inspired by Zack's Madden AAR with the Raiders and Dolphins and GH's FM AAR with Cartagena, I decided I would throw my hat into the AAR ring with a playthrough of NCAA Football 14.
I love college football. I've always found it to be more entertaining than the pro game just given the overall vast nature of the college game. With all different kinds of schools battling it out for some kind of glory, weather it be contending for the national title, battling to win the conference, or just getting your sorry ass to .500 just to make a bowl game.
In this story I will be going through a fairly long term build with UMass. A program I have been following pretty much my entire life. We will be starting in the 2014 season, just the second year in the FBS for the Minutemen starting with a team that quite frankly is one of the weakest teams in the game.
A couple of ground rules for what we are working with in this AAR:
1. I will be sticking with UMass the entire playthrough, I can not accept any jobs from any other team. That would defeat the purpose of what I want to get out of this AAR.
2. In games I will be using 8 minute quarters playing on both sides of the ball.
3. I can only recruit players interested in joining UMass. I can not go out and try to get players who don't want to be here.
4. If I play an FCS opponent in a season, I can not schedule another one for at least 2 seasons.
5. I must allow players to transfer.
Unfortunately since this is not a PC game I won't be having images or clips to show but hopefully that won't be to big of an issue and you will follow me through this journey.
Now without further ado it's time to get this show on the road.